More Settings (Optional)
- The number of entries a participant is required to submit. Users will see areminder message displayed while viewing if they have not submitted the required number of entries. The activity will not be considered complete until the user has submitted the requirednumber of entries.
Entries required before viewing
- The number of entries a participant is required to submitbefore they are allowed to view any entries in this database activity.
This feature cannot be used together with the database auto-linking filter, since it's notpossible for the database auto-linking filter to determine whether a user has submitted therequired number of entries.
- The maximum number of entries a participant can submit for this activity.
- Allow users to make comments on each entry.
- Should entries be approved by a teacher before they are viewable tostudents? This is useful for moderating content that may be potentially offensive orinappropriate.
Allow posts to be rated -
If checked, post can be rated and the
- Only available if “
Allow posts to be rated
” is checked. This option allows teachersto grade the posts6.
Save and Display
Create the Database Fields:
is a named unit of information. Each entry in a database activity module can have multiplefields of multiple types e.g. a text field called 'Favorite Color' which allows you to type in yourfavorite shade, or a menu called 'State' that lets you choose one from a list of the 50 that make up theUnited States of America. By combining several fields with appropriate names and types you shouldbe able to capture all the relevant information about the items in your database.
field allows one or more checkboxes. Each line in the options box is a differentcheckbox. The text entered is what will be the case if the checkbox is checked e.g. 'Valid' forsomething that can be valid or not. This word will appear beside the checkbox on entry, andthen by itself when viewing if the box has been checked. Checkboxes
default to their