Select the general options:
Entries show per page
– This indicates thenumber of words and definitions yourstudents will see when they access theglossary.
Is this glossary global?
– Administrators cancreate a global glossary with entries linkingthroughout the entire site. Any course mayhave a global glossary but usually they arefound on the site front page.
– The glossary types caneither be main or secondary. You can exportentries from any secondary glossary into themain glossary.
Duplicated entries allowed
– This allowsyou to enter more than one definition for aparticular word.
Allow comments on entries
– Students andteachers can leave comments on glossarydefinitions. Comments are read by clickingon a link at the bottom of the definition.
Allow print view
– This link will allowstudents to print the glossary out.
Automatically link glossary entries
–Moodle has a text-filter feature that automatically creates a link from a word in the course to itscorresponding glossary definition. Linked words are highlighted in gray.
IES MOODLE Glossary Activity: Adding Glossaries to Moodle Courses Page 2