Under this framework, the book focuses on the RRM concepts, including the theoretical background that serves as a basis for the description of specific RRM algorithms. The RRM problem for UMTS is presented, and more specifically, for the FDD mode, which is based on a WCDMA scheme. More specifically, the different aspects that are covered include:
- Introduces the mobile communications sector and UMTS, including the evolution towards 4G systems, with an overview of the QoS concept which is key for the definition of RRM strategies
- Offers a detailed description of the radio interface in UMTS, as the basis for the implementation of RRM strategies
- Provides the fundamental concepts related with the development of RRM strategies in WCDMA networks
- Analyses particular RRM algorithms in a variety of scenarios, trying to identify the key parameters and factors that influence their performance
- Explores the evolution of UMTS towards Beyond 3G systems and the concept of Common RRM in heterogeneous networks with the aid of some algorithm examples
This comprehensive title is essential reading for engineers and managers in radio engineering departments of UMTS network operators and UMTS equipment manufacturers. It will also prove insightful to researchers in the field of 3G and Beyond 3G systems and academics in any of these areas.