This book is not available in our membership service
This book is not yet available in our membership service due to
restrictions in our agreements with the publisher. We hope to be able
to offer this title in our membership service as soon as possible. In the meantime you can purchase this book individually.
Handbook on the Wiring Regulations: The IEE Wiring Regulations BS 7671
This well established handbook, written and sponsored by theElectrical Contractors' Association and Select (formerly theElectrical Contractors' Association of Scotland), provides adetailed, authoritative guide to the Wiring Regulations, BS 7671:Requirements for Electrical Installations.
As the regulations are not drafted by topic, the handbook willbe particularly useful in guiding designers, installers, inspectorsand testers round the various requirements. It gives practicalguidance on how to approach new installations, extensions toexisting installations, and the more extensive testing andinspection which are required.
The handbook has been revised to take account of amendmentsintroduced by BS 7671:2001 effective from 1 January 2002. The mostsignificant changes are:
· chapter 13 rewritten to include three sections onprotection for safety, design and selection of electricalequipment
· a new chapter 44 on overvoltage protection
· a new chapter 48 on high fire risk situations
· revisions to the requirements on rooms containing a bathor shower
· new earthing requirements for the installation ofequipment with high protective conductor outlets