From the Publisher
What does it really mean to be motivated? Some would say that a motivated person is energized, inspired, and passionate. These same people might also say that when such energy and passion inevitably wane, so does the core motivation that inspired them.
Author Silvio Canale has engaged in extensive research into the very concepts of motivation, exploring these and other questions:
What is motivation?
• What motivates a person—and why?
• Do motivational materials, speakers, and seminars really work?
• If so, how effective are these popular motivational methods and speakers?
• What causes a person to be motivated in the first place?
• What causes a person to lose his or her motivation?
• How can a person overcome personal roadblocks to motivation?
Through an in-depth examination of what motivation is and how needs, emotions, beliefs, values, habits, wants, desires, thoughts, and cultures affect the motivational process, he breaks open the myths and realities of their underlying roles. He also discusses the results of his comprehensive study of the impact of motivational barriers, such as low self-esteem, sluggishness, apathy, negativity, and skepticism.
What motivates us—and what does not—is a manifestation of our “humanness”, of the way we react to our inner and outer worlds. What motivates you to learn more?