• book

From the Publisher

Ellen Anne Eddy is an internationally know fiber artist whose wall tapestries transcend the traditional concept of quilting. Using hand-dyed fabrics, sheers, laces, lame's and machine embroideries she creates the illusions of water, mist and flame. Ellen's designs blend scenes from the natural world with her own dreams and visions. Her masterful fusion of techniques and materials describe life in micro and macrocosm. Fish and bugs, frogs and birds weave in and out of her quilts, serving as a media for both social commentary and personal observation. The series of quilts featured in Thread Magic offers a rich visual treat for quilters. A comprehensive technical section provides information that will enable quilters of all skill levels to add Ellen's techniques to their own creative repertoires.
Published: C&T Publishing, Inc. an imprint of NBN Books on
ISBN: 9781607054771
List price: $14.99
Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
Availability for Thread Magic: The Enchanted World of Ellen Anne Eddy
With a 30 day free trial you can read online for free
  1. This book can be read on up to 6 mobile devices.

Related Articles

Inc.
1 min read
Fashion & Beauty

Fashionably Slow

“Slow fashion” is countering the cheap, disposable fast-fashion industry with sustainably minded apparel startups. EVERLANE Former VC Michael Preysman recruited talent from J.Crew, Gap, and Marc Jacobs to design a men’s and women’s apparel e-commerce company that turns “radical transparency” into a brand experience. That $88 silk tank dress? You can learn about the Hangzou, China, factory that created it—or any of the other 17 manufacturers where the San Francisco–based company’s clothing and accessories are made. AMOUR VERT This San Francisco—based fashion retailer founded in 2010 by husban
New York Magazine
1 min read

“Interwar Technicolor Dream House”

ROOMS NEED a little meat to keep them from floating away,” interior designer Brock Forsblom says of his new West Village rental, which he shares with his partner, Jeremy Heimans. Most millennials gravitate toward mid-century minimalism, yet 31-year-old Forsblom has gone full-on maximalist. “I call the aesthetic ‘interwar Technicolor dream house,’” he says. The couple’s new apartment, in a 1950s building, feels very different from their previous, cobbled-together living space in a brownstone. It’s one of Forsblom’s first decorating projects since going out on his own after working for high-end
The Atlantic
6 min read
Fashion & Beauty

The Heirloom Art of the Sewing Machine

Both of my sewing machines come from my grandmothers, though neither taught me how to sew. The older one is a child-sized, antique Singer, which can no longer stitch a seam. The hand crank that powers it, however, still turns, and the presser foot still lifts. The other—a plastic electric model from the 1970s—runs well, for now. It’ll eventually go the way of my mother’s machine, a workhorse that outlived the manufacture of replacement parts. When it does, another will take its place, and I’ll have to learn a new set of motions for bobbin-winding and needle-threading. In much of the Western wo