• book

From the Publisher

A flower garden is a place to daydream, make wishes, quiet the mind, or spark imagination. Bring this special space indoors by making a floral art quilt using fusible appliqué and machine embroidery techniques. Learn how to develop your own vivid designs and then choose the best fabrics, threads, and embellishments to create special effects that bring your flowers to life. With Ellen’s innovative no-pattern approach, you’ll be on your way to becoming a master art quilter just like her!

Topics: Quilting, Crafts, Needlework, Design, and How-To Guides

Published: C&T Publishing, Inc. an imprint of NBN Books on
ISBN: 9781607056133
List price: $19.99
Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
Availability for Thread Magic Garden by Ellen Anne Eddy
With a 30 day free trial you can read online for free
  1. This book can be read on up to 6 mobile devices.

Related Articles

Inc.
1 min read
Fashion & Beauty

Fashionably Slow

“Slow fashion” is countering the cheap, disposable fast-fashion industry with sustainably minded apparel startups. EVERLANE Former VC Michael Preysman recruited talent from J.Crew, Gap, and Marc Jacobs to design a men’s and women’s apparel e-commerce company that turns “radical transparency” into a brand experience. That $88 silk tank dress? You can learn about the Hangzou, China, factory that created it—or any of the other 17 manufacturers where the San Francisco–based company’s clothing and accessories are made. AMOUR VERT This San Francisco—based fashion retailer founded in 2010 by husban
The Atlantic
6 min read
Fashion & Beauty

The Heirloom Art of the Sewing Machine

Both of my sewing machines come from my grandmothers, though neither taught me how to sew. The older one is a child-sized, antique Singer, which can no longer stitch a seam. The hand crank that powers it, however, still turns, and the presser foot still lifts. The other—a plastic electric model from the 1970s—runs well, for now. It’ll eventually go the way of my mother’s machine, a workhorse that outlived the manufacture of replacement parts. When it does, another will take its place, and I’ll have to learn a new set of motions for bobbin-winding and needle-threading. In much of the Western wo
Global Voices
6 min read
Fashion & Beauty

Two Mozambican Universities Want to Ban Short Skirts and Dreadlocks

Women watch a video presentation at the Eduardo Mondlane University's School of Communication and Arts in Maputo, Mozambique, in 2012. Photo by Flickr user cassimano. CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 Two public Mozambican universities in the city of Beira sparked heated debate on social media when they announced a new dress code for their students and teachers. The list of banned attire and hairstyles for men includes long hair, braids, dreadlocks, and shorts. For the women, it is now prohibited to wear short skirts, tight trousers, see-through material, and “blouses which show the bra”. Flip-flops are banned