From the Publisher
* Solving instructional problems
* Interpreting events in progress
* Being sensitive to context
* Showing passion for teaching and learning
* Helping students reach higher levels of achievement
Each chapter charts a growth continuum for a single skill, explaining how a teacher can progress from initial ignorance (unaware) to comprehension (aware) to competent application (capable) to great expertise (inspired). Growth paths related to each skill enable readers to identify their current level of performance and make a plan for ongoing improvement. Filled with classroom examples and practical ideas, this book guides teachers toward instructional excellence and helps them establish joyful, rewarding connections with their students and their subject.