From the Publisher
How to Be a Geek Goddess shows you how to sort out technology decisions (and find those cute shoes online) without ever having to ask a man. Whether you're buying a computer, shopping for a cell phone, trapped in the electronics aisle, or simply lost on the Internet, author Christina Tynan-Wood explains it all with wit, intelligence, and a minimum of geeky acronyms.
You'll learn how to:
* Buy the right computer for your needs, your decor, and your budget
* Surf the Web with confidence, organize your life, and manage your finances
* Master your email inbox, cell phone, and instant messaging
* Keep yourself and your kids safe from spyware, viruses, and online scam artists
* Reconnect with friends, grow your professional network, or find that special someone online
How to Be a Geek Goddess will show you how to join the Web conversation, start your own blog, and maybe even teach your friends a thing or two. Think of it as the tech-savvy girlfriend you wish you had on speed dial.
Christina Tynan-Wood has published hundreds of articles on technology, parenting, and education in her 15 years as a working writer. She has written for Family Circle, Parenting, This Old House, USA Weekend, Edutopia, Working Mother, Scholastic Administrator, Family PC, and Popular Science and has contributed regular columns for both PC World and PC Magazine. Christina has won multiple awards for business and investigative journalism. She blogs at www.geekgirlfriends.com.