A travel guide book with a difference which gives a well planned 2 day, 2 location tour (by car) through the lovely scenery of the Forest and Trough of Bowland. This illustrated ebook gives directions, maps, location information & travel tips.
This tour takes the reader through the story of the Pendle Witches and the events leading up to their trial. It visits locations in Pendle associated with them, before taking the reader/traveller on the journey that the witches took from the Forest of Pendle to their trial in Lancaster Castle.
As well as following the witches story the guide also gives details of other interesting attractions in and nearby the locations visited, which the reader may also wish to visit whilst in the area. ***************************************************** Are you looking for a new kind of travel/guide book? Or perhaps you are planning a first trip to Britain, and are looking for a short tour guide which will give you a taste of what Britain has to offer, outside of London? Perhaps one which gives:
* A well planned 2 day multiple location tour in Lancashire, which you can customise and enjoy at your own pace.
* Detailed information on how to organise your own weekend jaunt (travel, accommodation, visitor attractions, location history and information, etc.)
* Tips on how to keep costs down whist away and website addresses to visit to obtain best value for money deals and promotions.
* Some tour destinations and attractions which are a little different to those normally on offer, some of which are “off the beaten track” and are not covered in other guides
* Gives daily itinerary’s to maximise the time spent in each location which you can follow, or tailor to suit yourself.
* Has maps, pictures and information on locations and attractions (including address, opening times, web address, how to get there, history &/or other pertinent information)
* All the information required in one book rather than having to purchase and carry, several city /town different guides whilst on your Grand Tour
* Is suitable for all age groups and nationalities (particularly long haul visitors wishing to see as much of Britain as they can in a limited timescale, but not wanting to join a group arranged tour.
* Armchair traveller information and website addresses to enable them to “virtually” undertake the tour and visit attractions on line, if they cannot visit them in person.
Caroline Preston has always had a love of literature, history, the arts, travel, bargain hunting and adventure and was delighted she was able to bring all her interests together whilst writing her travel books.
In addition to her travel guides she has also written comedy sketches, plays, newsletters and articles.
Although it may look mysterious, the Y in her name does not stand for anything in particular and is there merely to distinguish her from several other authors also named Caroline Preston.
Caroline brings her British Northern “no nonsense, down to earth, can do, concise approach” to everything she does, including going on holiday! Which is partly the reason why her “Grand Tour” "City Breaks" and "British Weekend Jaunt" books are so useful. She has been fortunate to travel extensively in Europe and lived in Brittany, France during the mid 1980’s. Caroline currently lives in the North of England.
She very much hopes you will enjoy her eBooks and have as much fun on your “Grand Tours” "City Breaks" and "British Weekend Jaunts" as she did on hersread more
Reviews for British Weekend Jaunts - Tour 3 - 2 Days Discovering The ...