Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Europe on a Shoestring is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and how to optimise your budget for an extended continental trip. Tour French chateaux, take boat trips to Greek beaches, hike past Bulgarian monasteries and glug Spanish wine, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Europe and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Europe on a Shoestring Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, landscapes
- Over 180 maps
- Useful features - including Itineraries, Month by Month (annual festival calendar) and extensive Language section
- Covers Austria, Belgium, Britain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scandinavia, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps to avoid roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities to easily find what you need
- Bookmarks to shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to get to recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Inbuilt dictionary to decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Europe on a Shoestring is perfect for both exploring the top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out the relevant Lonely Planet destination guides, our most comprehensive guides that cover destinations' top sights and offbeat experiences, or check out our photo-rich Discover series guides, which focus on destinations' most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Tom Masters, Carolyn Bain, James Bainbridge, Mark Baker, Oliver Berry, Greg Bloom, Kerry Christiani, Chris Deliso, Marc Di Duca, Peter Dragicevich, Mark Elliott, Steve Fallon, Duncan Garwood, Anthony Ham, Anna Kaminski, Craig McLachlan, Anja Muti?, Brandon Presser, Tim Richards, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Tamara Sheward, Regis St Louis, Andy Symington, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Luke Waterson, Nicola Williams, Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Topics: Ireland, Russia, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic, Italy, Germany, Greece, Spain, Poland, Austria, Norway, Scandinavia, and France