From the Publisher
From the author:
• I think of the Holy Spirit as the dove from Jesus’ baptism whispering godly thoughts into my ear.
• The Holy Spirit is God’s wind in our lives today. He can bring excitement to believers on their journey to becoming more like Christ.
• I will try to make the best case for how we Word-oriented believers can learn to thrive in the Spirit and then share these ways with others. What I offer, in my view, does not contradict anything in classical Reformation theology
Your Encounters with the Holy Spirit: Name and Share Them—Seek More explores
• how to recognize the Holy Spirit at work today;
• what the Bible teaches us on the Spirit’s work now;
• how to share encounters with the Spirit; and
• how to shape a more Spirit-oriented church culture.
Copy and use chapter discussion guides in order to involve those who have not yet read the book. Study on your own key New Testament passages set aside in a separate section. Consider “A Coherent Theology for the Work of the Holy Spirit Today,” presented in a final essay on the eighteenth-century Continental Pietists and the nineteenth-century Awakening movements.
Share your stories and reflections through the forums available on www.ThrivingintheSpirit.net. The resources section includes outlines for preaching series and ways to share your own resources.