Related ArticlesSkip carousel
- Nov 21 20162 minutes
Jinger Duggar’s Big Day!
THE BRIDE AND HER GROOM, FORMER SOCCER PRO JEREMY VUOLO, SHARE PRIVATE MOMENTS FROM THEIR ‘DREAM COME TRUE’ I DOS—AND DISCUSS WHAT’S NEXT FOR THEIR NEW FAMILY
- Oct 16 20161 minute
A Small Ceremony of Unfamous People
JP: I’ve been the pastor here for 20 years. When I came, it was a “don’t ask, don’t tell” church. Then, one by one, longtime members would share their sexuality. That, more than any magic verse in the Bible, began to make it more possible for us to h
- Jan 22 20171 minute
Obama Lit 101: Further Reading
The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P 2013 In the Brooklyn milieu of Ivy League and Oberlinish grads, the question is whether a durable relationship in a free romantic market can be made strictly on the basis of intellectual résumés. Adelle Waldman’s meri
- Nov 14 20162 minutes
President-elect Donald Trump, in his own words, on what he plans to do starting on Jan. 20
- Feb 7 20171 minute
A Writer’s Turmoil in The Rules Do Not Apply
The journalist Ariel Levy has the rare gift of seeing herself with fierce, unforgiving clarity, and deploys prose to match in her memoir.
- Oct 3 20161 minute
The Wedding Party
SARAH BEGLEY RICHARD PECK’S NEW novel, The Best Man, is bookended by weddings. In the first, Archer is 6, a ring bearer and clueless about love. By the second, he’s 12, a best man and a lot more enlightened: the uncle he idolizes is marrying a teach
- Sep 4 20161 minute
Our Book Critic’s 5 Most Anticipated
Christian Lorentzen’s got these bookmarked.
- Oct 24 20162 minutes
The High Middle Ground on Social Security
We sometimes forget that America’s character has been forged by calamitous conflict. Subjects against kings. Southerners vs. Northerners. Blue and red. Our most challenging moments—and some of our most regrettable ones—have united us as a people and
- Mar 6 20171 minute
For the Record
‘What the f-ck does she have to do to win Album of the Year?’ ADELE, pop singer, advocating at the Grammys for Beyoncé after her own album, 25, beat Beyoncé’s Lemonade; during her acceptance speech, Adele broke her trophy in two 100 Number of cons
- Sep 18 20161 minute
The Essential Ann M. Martin
A.S. Kristy’s Great Idea 1986 While you could start mid-series and figure out what’s going on pretty easily, Martin’s BSC debut lets you see her characters at their purest. We get a first hint of Claudia’s fashion sense, Stacey’s diabetes is reveal
- Sep 4 20161 minute
Our Theater Critic’s 5 Most Anticipated
The shows Jesse Green can’t wait to see.
- Apr 24 201410 minutes
When Theft Was Worse Than Murder: Hundreds of years of trial documents reveal our changing attitudes to violent crime.
The records of the Old Bailey, London’s central criminal court, tell the tale of one John Randal, who was tried on Sept. 9, 1674. He was charged “with two Indictments, one for Fellony for stealing several pieces of Plate, and other Goods…, and the ot
- Dec 13 20161 minute
The Ordinary Perpetrators And Victims In The Boko Haram Kidnappings
Helon Habila’s new book recounts the horror and revives the call to take notice.
- Nov 14 20161 minute
This Could Be You
Heli-skiing isn’t just for adrenaline junkies anymore.
- Mar 15 20171 minute
Woman's Headphones Caught Fire Midflight, Australian Authorities Say
On a flight from Beijing to Melbourne, a passenger's personal headphones caught fire while she was sleeping, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau says.
- Jun 20 20161 minute
Airplane Black Boxes Are Badly out of Date
Vivienne Walt Weeks of hunting for the flight data and voice recorders from EgyptAir Flight 804 have prompted renewed calls to update the way airplanes gather and transmit information. Advocates want to move past an aging black-box system that was i
- Aug 21 20161 minute
How Much Does It Matter, Anyway?
FOR 60-PLUS YEARS, the Paris Review has asked writers just what they do every day. Judging from the excerpts below, a whole lot of them spend their time thinking—and arguing—about plot.
- Oct 24 20161 minute
13th: An Amendment With an Identity Crisis
S.Z. EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING about the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery—or about the criminal-justice system—there will be something in Ava DuVernay’s succinct, passionate documentary 13th to make your jaw drop. Although the ame
- Feb 13 20174 minutes
Weed Weddings Are Now a Thing
In the post-legalization West, some ceremonies feature smokable boutonnieres and marijuana toasts.
- Aug 8 20162 minutes
Rumaan Alam, Author
The D.C.-born, New York City–dwelling Alam took “Write what you know” and tipped it sideways for his fun but trenchant summer novel, Rich and Pretty, starring two young women, lots of beautiful furniture and our notions of class
- Feb 16 20173 minutes
The Scandal That May Haunt the New Nominee for Labor Secretary
R. Alexander Acosta was the head of the civil rights division at the Department of Justice in the Bush administration when subordinates skirted civil-service laws and engaged in politicized hiring.
- Mar 20 20172 minutes
DHS Publishes List Of Jurisdictions That Rejected Immigrant Detainer Requests
The Trump administration has ratcheted up pressure on sanctuary jurisdictions by publicizing the first weekly list of cities and counties that have ignored federal requests for cooperation.
- Jul 18 20162 minutes
4. Our Backyard Is 85 Million Acres
ON THE FOURTH OF JULY, as we once more read the stirring words of the Declaration of Independence and celebrate the creation of a nation founded on the noble principle that every person has the inalienable right to “life, liberty and the pursuit of h
- Jan 9 20175 minutes
THE APEX BOOT TAKES THE MISERY OUT OF SKIING
- Dilbert - A Treasury Of Sunday Strips
- Another Day in Cubicle Paradise (PagePerfect NOOK Book)
- It's Not Funny If I Have to Explain It
- What Would Wally Do?
- This Is the Part Where You Pretend to Add Value
- Freedom's Just Another Word for People Finding Out You're Useless
- 14 Years of Loyal Service in a Fabric-Covered Box
- Teamwork Means You Can't Pick the Side that's Right
- I Can't Remember If We're Cheap or Smart
- Go Add Value Someplace Else
- Optimism Sounds Exhausting (PagePerfect NOOK Book)
- I'm No Scientist, But I Think Feng Shui Is Part of the Answer
- Girls to the Rescue Book #1
- Girls to the Rescue Book #2
- Girls to the Rescue Book #3
- Girls to the Rescue Book #4
- Girls to the Rescue Book #5
- Girls to the Rescue Book #6
- Girls to the Rescue Book #7
- Girls to the Rescue Bundle
- Girls to the Rescue
- Girls to the Rescue (free sample story) The Royal Joust
- Free Story "Tulia!" from Girls to the Rescue
- The Poor Bedraggled Kitten
- Tania Makes Pancakes
- Tania's Cycling Adventure
- Tania's Treasure Hunt
- Tania Has An Idea!
- Tania's Dilemma
- Tania Is A Detective
- Tania's Costume Party
- The Little Narcissist
- Tania's New Bicycle
- Tania's Diwali Celebration
- Tania's Discovery
- Tania Plays A Trick
- Bookworm Babies
- Tania Is A Spy
- Tania At School
- Tania's School Picnic
- Tania Attends A Wedding
- Tania Gets Spectacles
- Tania's Safari Adventure
- Tania Visits An Art Exhibition
- Tania Loses A Tooth
- Tania Casts A Spell
- Tania Makes Trouble
- The Blackout
- Tania's Slumber Party
- Tania's Martian Encounter
- Tania Gets Stitches
- Crazy Love (The Love Series, #1)
- Tainted Love (The Love Series, #2)
- Endless Love (The Love Series, #3)
- Real Love (The Love Series, #4)
- Forever Love (The Love Series, #5)
- Beyond Love (The Love Series, #6)
- Long-Distance Love
- Unconditional Love
- Blessed Love
- Madly in Love
- Addison Falls in Love - A Short Romance Story
- Felicity Falls in Love
- Hamilton Troll meets Pink Light Sprite
- Hamilton Troll meets Skeeter Skunk
- Hamilton Troll meets Barney Bee
- Hamilton Troll meets Chatterton Squirrel
- Hamilton Troll meets Elwood Woodpecker
- Hamilton Troll meets Dinosaurs
- Hamilton Troll meets Whitaker Owl
- Hamilton Troll meets Rudy Rat
- Hamilton Troll and the Case of the Missing Home
- Hamilton Troll meets Fiona the Dog
- Hamilton Troll meets Starlit Troll
- Hamilton Troll and the Big Race
- Ms. Coco is Loco
- Dr. Carbles Is Losing His Marbles!
- Mr. Louie Is Screwy!
- Ms. Todd is Odd
- Miss Suki Is Kooky!
- Mr. Macky is Wacky
- Ms. Krup Cracks Me Up!
- Mrs. Yonkers is Bonkers
- Miss Holly is Too Jolly
- Mrs. Kormel is Not Normal
- Deck the Halls, We're Off the Walls!
- Back to School, Weird Kids Rule!
- Bunny Double, We're in Trouble!
- Oh, Valentine, We've Lost Our Minds!
- It's Halloween, I'm Turning Green!