- Introduction by SAS and Gulf War hero Andy McNab DCM MM
- The 1862 version of The Art of War
- Translated from French by Capt GH Mendell and Lieut WP Craighill
- Contains all of Jomini’s original maps and diagrams
- Beautifully formatted in this Apostrophe Books edition
Known as “the founder of modern strategy,” Swiss military tactician Jomini put his considerable powers into a system to destroy the enemy in the most efficient manner. The result, The Art of War, quickly became a military sensation, with both sides in the US Civil War famously pitting his theories against one another.
Jomini promoted the theory of going to war on the map, studying the entire theatre of conflict and concentrating your greatest firepower where it is needed most.
“Military science rests upon principles which can never be safely violated in the presence of an active and skilful enemy,” he wrote.
Read Jomini’s renowned work in this beautifully-produced Apostrophe Books edition with an introduction by Gulf War legend and bestselling author Andy McNab – the British Army’s most highly decorated serving soldier when he left the SAS.