From the Publisher
This book will take you on a journey through thirteen faces of emotions. Each emotional face gives you a detailed glimpse into my world as a victim of domestic violence. There are thoughts that prompt me to never forget although I have forgiven.
• “You know what your problem is? You don’t know how to treat a man because your dad wasn’t in your life.”
• “You wouldn’t even think by looking at him he would do something like that to you, besides you have always been so strong and independent.”
• “How could you get involve with someone like that?”
• “Why don’t you just leave?”
• “How did I get here?”
• “God why me?”
• “This is my day to stop hurting!”
• “You are wiser after you have been truly tested and stronger from having endured the experience.”
“How do you forgive someone who was determined to destroy you and called it love?”
Since my experience, I have found that sharing my story has encouraged and even inspired other victims and survivors of domestic violence. This book gives a very different perspective to the battered woman. It provides a glimpse into the experience, the emotions and the escape of a woman who endured thirteen years of abuse. In addition, this book shares mind boggling adaptations to living through and surviving the abuse.
Felicia Johnson is an educator in the 3rd largest school district in Houston, Texas. She is an only child, a mother of two boys and a native of Little Rock, Arkansas. Ms. Johnson received her BS in Psychology from Campbell University and MA in Human Relations with an emphasis in counseling from the University of Oklahoma. This book was inspired by her love to write and the overall impact of this life altering experience.