This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
COURSE: B.COM YEAR: 3
SUBJECT: ADVERTISING & SALES MANAGMENT
b.com 3rd year
UNIT 1 Q1:- Meaning of advertising. Advertising is the non personal communication of information usually paid for and usually persuasive in nature about products, services or ideas by indentified sponsors through the various media. Q2:- Importance of advertising. Advertising plays a very important role in today’s age of competition. Advertising is one thing which has become a necessity for everybody in today’s day to day life, be it the producer the traders, or the consumer. Advertising is an important part. Let’s have a look on how and where is advertising important. 1. Advertising is important for the customers:- Just imagine television or a newspaper or a radio channel without an advertisement. No one can any day imagine this advertising plays a very important role in customers life. Customers are the people who buy the product only after they are made aware of the products available in the market. If the product is not advertised, no customers will come to know what products are available and will not buy the product even if the product was for their beneath one more thing is that advertising helps people find the best product for themselves. Thus, advertising is important for the customers. 2. Advertising is important for the seller and companies producing the products
b.com 3rd year
4. because 1. Q3:. 3 b. consumptions girl child killing. 3.Types of advertising: Consumer Advertising:. Thus advertising plays a very important role in society. Such kind of advertisement uses emotional or rational appeal in their advertisement. family planning education. There are some social issues also which advertising steals with like child. labour. Vim bar etc use the rational appeal to address its target audience. Advertising helps increasing sales 2. Such advertisements can be in the form of national and local advertisement also. 5. Advertising helps making people aware of the new product so that the consumers come and try the product.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 Yes. advertising plays very important role for the producers and the sellers of the products. educating people. etc.com 3rd year . The demand for the product keeps on coming with the help of advertising and demand and supply became a never ending process. On the other hand advertisement such is the Kawasaki Bajaj Caliber. Advertising helps creating goodwill for the company and gains customer loyalty after reaching a mature age. Pizza hut etc use be emotional appeal to attract the consumer. Advertising helps producers or the companies to know their competitors and plan accordingly to meet up the level of competition. liquor. Advertisement such as that of DeBeers.There are basically nothing but product or service advertisement directed towards the consumer or the consumer as such. If any company wants to introduce or launch a new product in the market advertising will make a ground for the product. 6. smoking. Advertising is important for the society:Advertising helps. 3.
3. financial institutions. Non Profit Advertising:.Meaning of communication process and its models. The task of the industrial advertiser is complicated by the multiple buying influence characteristics of many industrial goods he derived nature of their demand and the fact that many material lose their identity in the end product. the words.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 1. The communication process is not easy. such as beauty shops. The message may be handed over to the receiver through a channel-magazine. The objectives of the corporate or the institution may be establish. employees. television radio or a newspaper. These are ads which are not directed towards the final consumer corporate ads are also a part of these types of ads. Industrial executives have little confidence in advertising. It includes.This may be defined as covering all advertising by the stores that sells goods directly to the consuming public. the indication and the silence should be carefully directed towards the objectives of communication.This type of advertising is aimed at resellers and professionals. political leaders and government.Industrial advertising is another important type of advertising. Advertising to business or profession:. Retail Advertising:. 2. The media used here is direct mail or professionals magazines. The source delivers the message to the receiver. Q4:. the presentation.In this type of advertising advertisement depicting an idea. 4. a social cause etc is included surrogate advertisement are also a part of such non product advertisement. petrol pumps and banks. also advertising by establishment that sell services to the public. Industrial Advertising:. stockholders. 4 b.com 3rd year . The expenditure on industrial advertising as a percent of sales is much smaller than that on consumer goods advertising. The target group pf corporate advertising are most often customers.
advertiser or sales representative. sponsor. channel. message. The attitude and desire of the sender also influence the perception level. Message The term “message” refers to the content of the communication. etc. appeal. which are to be brought to the knowledge of the receiver. receiver and effect 1. The message may relate to the brand. desire and action. source. perception. radio or television. The message is carried to the receiver through a channel. pictures and sounds are important factor influencing perception. magazines. It is the place where the message originates. The spokesperson is the source of the message of the advertising.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 Models of communication process The model process of communication has been described under each component of the communication process. order of presentation. Perception Perception is an important factor in the communication process. Source The source of a communication or message is known as the encoder. refuting or ignoring certain statements. viz. It may be include words. It is the creative idea of communication. pictures. its attention. interest. price. Perception can be increased if the attention and interest of the receiver are aroused at a higher speed.com 3rd year . product. symbols. Words. quality. The message can be perceived by the receiver according to his nature and culture. such as the newspaper. 2. 3. The emotional appeal in advertising has been considered to be very effective in message transmission. 5 b. The source is the sender of the message.
Q5:. Boosting customer contentment and confidence It creates a sense of assurance amidst potential customers as they are contented and comforted about the quality of the product and thus feel more relaxed.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 4. The strength of advertising can be summarize below: 1. Feedback Feedback is an essential factor in making communication more effective. radio. 5. Marketing or advertising research may be very useful in assessing the value of feedback. or television – from the sender to the receiver. Channel The message is carried through some channel a newspaper. For example – advertising via a daily newspaper reaches millions of people all over the country. Strength of Advertising Advertising as a means of communication has numerous advantages. cultural system. The receivers may provide feedback on their needs.com 3rd year . Mass Reach Advertising is a communication medium which can reach a wide range of people over broad geological region. 6 b. The individual channel is costly and advertiser cannot communicate effectively. The impact of a communication is different when it is transmitted through different channels. magazine. It indicates how the communication process is working feedback is received from the receiver or audience. knowledge. 2. attitudes and communication skills. efficiently and economically with the entire audience.Strength and weakness of advertising as a promotion tool. Individual communication may be word – of – mouth or face to face communication.
Inflexibility Advertising is not very flexible because of standardization and is not custom made meet the necessities of the various group of customers. A simple product can look attractive with all the special effects and modern computer skills.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 3. art and computer skills. The weakness of advertising as a medium of communication are listed below: 1. advertisement has changed into one of the most aggressive weapon of communication. 4. 7 b. Expressiveness As because of the progress of graphic designing. 3. This ultimately lowers per limit cost for advertising. Weakness of Advertising Though advertising has many advantages. Less Forceful Being an impersonal medium of communication it is less forceful when compared to personal selling. Economy Advertising by far is the most economic medium of communication for creating mass awareness. it also has several disadvantages. As a result of it wide reach the total advertising cost gets stretched over several communication links recognized. Lack of feedback It is not possible to study the efficiency to advertising message as it is not possible to gather immediate and precise feedback of the message communicated.com 3rd year . Advertising is a common message and you are not compelled to pay attention to the message conveyed. 2.
This ultimately influence the efficiency of advertising.Deciding advertising objectives Marketing management must make five important decisions in developing an advertising program. 1. Objective Setting The first step in developing an advertising program is to set the advertising objectives.Advertising Decisions Marketing management must take five important decisions when developing an advertising program a) Setting advertising objectives b) Setting advertising budgets c) Developing advertising strategy d) a) Message decision b) Media decision e) Evaluating advertising campaigns Q2:. marketing positioning and marketing mix. Low effectiveness Because of the growth in volume of advertise is becoming impossible to make advertising message heard by the prospective group of consumers. These objectives must flow from prior decisions on the target market. These decisions will be listed and discussed here in this writing. Possible Advertising objective To inform: Telling the market about a new product suggesting new uses for product information the market of a price change.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 4. Explaining how the 8 b.com 3rd year . 2. Unit 2nd Q1:.
Reminder Advertising Is highly important in the nature stage to keep the consumer thinking about the product. Describing available services correcting false impressions. To Persuade Building brand preference encouraging switching to your brand. Reminding them where to buy it keeping it in their minds during off season.com 3rd year . Competition and clutter In today’s competitive market.Deciding Advertising budget The following are the five factors that are considered while seting the decising advertising budget. 5. 4.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 product works. 1. 9 b. Changing customer’s perception of product attributes. require larger advertising expenditure. persuading customer to receive a sales call. Persuading customer to purchase now. Stage in the product life cycle New products typically receive large advertising budgets to build awareness and to gain customers trial. Q3:. Market share and consumer base The brands having a high market share usually require less advertising expenditure where as for products whose brand needs to be built. 2. To Remind Reminding customers that a the product may be needed in the near feature. where there is large number of competitors. 3. Reducing consumer fears building a company image. a brand must advertise heavily to be heard. 3.
5. Also advertising is important when the brand can offer unique physical benefits or features. Reach The advertiser must decide how many persons in the target audience should be exposed to the ad campaign during the specified period 2. Deciding on Reach. Product Substitutability Brands in the commodity class require heavy advertising to establish a different image.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 4. Q4:. Choosing among major media types Selecting specific media vehicles Deciding on media timing. 2.com 3rd year . The steps of deciding media 1. and impact. Frequency. the advertiser must determine the desired reach. Advertising Frequency The number of repetitions that need to be made to put across the brand message to consumers has an important impact on the advertising budget. cigarettes.Deciding Media The advertisers are to choose advertising media to carry the advertising message. 3. and Impact In order to select media. Deciding on reach. soft drinks. 1. For example. frequency and impact needed to achieve the advertising objectives. frequency. Frequency 10 b. 4. beer.
Product.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 The advertiser must also decide how many times the average person in the target audience should be exposed to the message during the specified time period. Target audience media habits.com 3rd year . and quantities of insertions in different women’s magazines.V. and cameras are best demonstrated on T. T.V are the most effective media for reaching teenagers. Impact The advertiser must also decide on the impact that the exposure should have message on television typically have more impact than message on radio because television combines sight and sound not just sound. colour options. Example radio. Deciding on Media Timing The advertiser has to decide how to schedule the advertising over the year in relation to seasonality and expected economic developments. Selection specific Media vehicle The media planner now chooses the specific media vehicle that will be most cost effective. The media planner turns to several volumes published by standard rate and data that provide circulation and cost for different ads size. suppose sales of an particular product peak in December and wave in march. Choosing among Major Media The media planner has to know the capacity of the major media types to deliver reach frequency and impact 1. 2. women’s dresses are best shown in colour magazines. ad positions. 11 b. 3. The seller has options.
Q2:. as these tasks apply to the personal sales force. paying and motivating. value. training. Sales organization Sales organization is the planning. routing.What is Sales planning and organization Sales planning is a logical process of planning or reading or estimating the future sales for a definite time in all dimensions of quality. Sales Promotion A sales promotion is a way for retailers and wholesalers to offer extra goods or services for purchasing sometime. selection.com 3rd year . assigning. quantity. which aims at informing and persuading customers to know and buy product.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 Unit 3rd Q1:. It provides immediate feedback which helps sales person to adapt the sales techniques to the needs of the situation. volume type based on the last years and this year’s figure. area and so on. equipping. direction and control or personnel selling including recruitment. supervising.What is the meaning of personal selling and sales promotion Personal Selling Personal selling involves interpersonal communication. It is a face to face relationship between seller and potential customers. Sometimes sales promotions bring in carnival creatures to help bring people to their business. 12 b. It is predicting the expected change in sales in terms of value.
Sales planning process 1. Built in to the planning process. Basics While the sales planning process various between companies and individual sales professionals. Follow up Follow up is another area in which sales professionals often fall short.com 3rd year . 2. what they are willing to pay for it and when they will be ready to buy. which include customer’s 13 b. Path Since most sales organizations rely on a few customers to purchase the bulk of their products or services. operations. 3. the first step in the planning process should be to identify those highly valued clients. Technology Software programs such as those developed by plan write. supply chain management and human resources can work on the planning process through the software network. Follow up processes. Companies should build in automatic follow up techniques. how they want it delivered. IT. Sales planning should focus on these customers and their desire. pointing to what they want. certain basic elements should be included in any marketing plan or direct sales strategy. sales. 4. Follow up can be one of the best source of feature business and referrals. Sales costs. timeliness and forecasts can be evaluated in one platform from a desktop various department such as marketing. sales planner and kin axis can assist sales organizations in the planning process by guiding the collection of information and helping to organise it usefully.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 Q3:. Customers can provide sales organization with clearer direction. Second step is to make a strategy to reach these clients and then check their validity with the accounting department.
market trends. branch or middleman. The company makes a financial plan with regard to the amount of goods and services.Sales Budget A sales budget is valuable tools that give a direction to a company with regards to its targeted sales.Territory Allocation / Sales Territory A sales territory is a number of present and potential customers located within a geographical area. Q6:.Principles of sales organization The seven principles of sales p0roductivity have been condensed from global survey results on sales people across a variety of industries and 14 b. and assigned to a sales person. company division or sales representatives.Sales For casting Prediction of the future sales of a particular product over a specific period of time based on past performance of the product. inflation rates.com 3rd year . can be triggered by the software that’s been implemented to create the plan.Sales Quotas Sales quotas are the sales goal set for a product line. consumers spending patterns.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 service. unemployment. Q7:. Sales quota is the minimum sales good for a set time span. In the preparation of a comprehensive marketing plan. sales forecast help the marketer develop a marketing budget. It helps to improve the profit ability of a company. Q4:. and interest rates. Q5:. Q8:. It helps the managers to define and stimulate sales effort.
4. 6. Eighty percent of new sales people. Forty percent of veteran sales people experience one or more episodes of call. Selling is a “Number Game” the more you contact. 5. Assessment of existing willingness or reluctance to prospect is the starting point in improving sales productivity. 1. who terminate in year 1 do so due to lack of prospecting activity. Reluctance severe enough to threaten their sales carrers. Getting sales people to prospect. 7. 15 b. rather than showing them how to prospect is sales management’s greater challenge.com 3rd year . Without new prospectus all presenting and closing skills are worthless. 3.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 cultures regardless of what business or environment one is in the applicability of these ideas are universal. 2. New prospectus is the life blood of a business. the more you close.
Sales Management Sales management involves the direction and control of salesmen. policy making. The result of sales promotion activities are measurable in terms of number of units sold. sales planning.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 Unit 4TH Q1:. budgeting. 1. number of contest entrants or other quantifiable measures. sales promotion and merchandising and the integration in the marketing programme of all the business activities that contribute to the increased sales and profits. Q2:.com 3rd year .Nature and functions of sales promotion The importance of sales promotion is the unique role it plays in the marketing mix. advertising.Meaning of Sales promotion and Sales Management Sales Promotion Sales promotion is a marketing technique designed to create sales for a product over a defined period of time. number of coupons redeemed. 16 b. Sales promotion is a means of giving buyers incentives to make an immediate purchase or to switch from a competitive brand. coordination of marketing. Incentives While advertising is primarily used to build a products visibility and favourability overtimes. research.
Consumer Promotion Many popular sales promotions are targeted primarily or solely to household consumers. 4. Trade Promotion Trade sales promotion is aimed at a market that buys for resale. decide to buy more often in large volume. but marketers also use devices specifically designed for this audience. A method often used to make products stand out is to offer them at a slightly reduced price for a short period of time. Functions of Sales Promotion Sales promotion may take the form of temporary price reduction or a campaign to introduce an item.com 3rd year .SAKHIE cell:9858304510 2. 2. or in some quantities. if the received free recipes in return. not for personal consumption. Primarily. Certain type of consumer’s promotion can influence the trade. 1. 3. Production Differentiation Use of sales promotion techniques helps to differentiate your products from those of your competitors. this group includes retribution to household consumers. Those focused on price include both discount coupons and the significant but time limited price breats known as deals like one get one free offers. Attract Customers 17 b. Among the most relevant behavioural dimensions are purchase frequency and brand loyalty. Behavioural Targeting Sales promotion is most effective when it is tailored to the buying behaviour of a particular target. For example people who buy spices rarely.
5. As a result market share will increase while your competitors share decrease. One executive explained this method as follows: 18 b. The promotions will likely increase your sales by taking way sales from your competitors. This technique has the effect of keeping the category fresh while fleecing up needed shelf space. 3. they can persuade customers to given the new product a try. By offering the new item a reduced price and placing a “new item” in front of it. 4. Q3:. Increasing Market Share Sales promotions can lead to an increase in market share for the manufacturer. For example you offer a seasonal product such as grills by running a promotion in the middle of winter where the price is reduced by 50% may encourage people to buy a bill at a time where it might not otherwise loss their mind. Inventory Control Sales promotion can help retailers limit out of stock situations by allowing them to purchase large quantities at a reduced price.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 Sales promotions are used to attract customers during periods of slow sales. This can be especially advantageous to the retailer for items that are popular sellers that can be difficult to keep on the shelf.Types of sales promotion schemes There are mainly four types of sales promotion scheme:1. New Product Introduction Retailers can use sales promotions to introduce new product.com 3rd year . Affordable Method Many companies set the promotions budget at what they think the company can afford.
com 3rd year . 3. 1. Two arguments are made in support of competitive parity method. Deciding on the Promotion Mix Companies face the task of distributing the total promotion budget over the five promotional tools. Percentage of Sales Method Many companies set their promotions expenditure at a specified percentage of sales. In this a specified sales percentage is decided for the promotions budget. It encourages the competitive stability to the exent that competing firms spend approximately the same % of their sales on promotion. Objectives and Task Method The objectives and task method calls upon market to develop their promotions budget by defining their specific objectives. The other is that maintaining a competitive party helps prevent promotional wars. the boss comes to me and asks how much we should spend and I say about a million and half. and estimating the cost of performing these tasks. 2. determing the task that must be performed to achieve these objectives. One is that the competitor’s expenditure represents the collective wisdom of the industry. First I got upstairs to the controller and how much they can afford to give us this year. Competitive Parity Method Some companies set their promotional budget to achieve share of voice parity with other competitor. its simple.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 Why. Advertising 19 b. It is a method which is uncertain one and makes long term planning difficult. Later. He says a million and half. 4.
Q4:.com 3rd year . coupons. 1. They are typically responsible for a specific geographic area and the territory sales managers within that area companies looking to hire for a regional sales manager position should carefully consider a number of common requirements for the position. 5.O. sweep takes and events. 3. Trade Promotions A trade promotion is an incentive to get retailers to stock and support or merchandise a brand.Meaning of consumer and Trade Promotion. Consumer Promotion: The name for a wide variety of marketing activities whose goal is to induce specific consumer action. Q5:-Requirements for Sales departments Sales managers are a part of a field sales force.P displays. 4. Among the more common consumer promotion tactics are P. Trade promotions goals include obtaining or maintaining product distribution increasing sales volume and encouraging retailer advertising and displays.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 2. Sales Experience Sales managers should have at least three to five years of individual sales experience in most cases sales skill and experience are transferable between industries. but companies in highly specialized industries such 20 b. Sales Promotion Public relation and publicity Sales Force Direct Marketing product it must be Whatever method a company adopt for promoting from above mentioned method.
Personal Traits Sales managers must motivate and manage differe3nt personalities. They must be able to understand the company’s overall sales plan and communicate the information in an actionable way to the sales force. Some companies and industries may require significantly greater experience ideally. They must be prepared to travel at least 80 percent of the work week. Q6:. In addition. may require experience in their own or a similar industry.Meaning of Salesmanship Sales man ship consists of winning the buyer’s confidence for the sellers house and ghosts thereby winning a regular and permanent customer.organized and must help keep their people organized. Ability to Travel Sales regions often consist of several states containing many territories. analyzing and reporting sales data. Through other management experience will suffice in some cases. They must be persistent and must encourage their subordinates to be persistent.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 as environmental engineering or pharmaceuticals.Qualities of a Salesman 1. They must be well. Sales managers must regularly vistit the sales people in each territory to provide ongoing training and to evaluate performance. the applicant should have experience managing sales people. Q7:. 2. Management Experience Sales managers should have at least two years experience managing others. he should have experience collecting. 3. 4. Sales managers should live close to a major airport to make air travel efficient.com 3rd year . Physical qualities 21 b.
He should be sweet natured and must be patient. He should know about the people behind the success of the firm and the history of the same. In no condition should be lose his temper at it may spoil the image of the company for which he is working. Knowledge about the firm He should have complete knowledge about the firm he is working for.What is sales force motivation? Motivation is a general term applying to the entire class of drives.e. its usefulness and other specifications. needs. He must be convincing by voices. Q8:. He should know diversified languages and must be confident and nit stammer while speaking.com 3rd year . He should not show a negative expression under any circumstance. classes and gender. Metal/ Psychological Qualities A good salesman must have a marvellous personality. 3. He should know to deal with people of different age groups. thus requiring a caring and loving voice. 2. desires. Technical qualities A good salesman should posses all the technical qualities i. He should not pursue his work with partial knowledge. He should know as to how it works. 4. Communication Skills A good salesman requires fantabulous communication skills. 5.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 A good sales man should be good looking and must have an alluring posture. wishes and similar forces to say that managers motivate this subordinates is to say that they do these things which they hope will 22 b. he should have knowledge about the product he is selling in full.
Sales contest Managerial Evaluation of contest Contest vs alternatives short and long term effect Design Fairness impact upon sales force morale. Travel or Special honour cash. Contest Duration Mostly run for one to four months no set.What is sales meeting? A gathering in which a product or services is being discussed. Q9:. 2. sport or any idea important points. 5. Contest Prize Cash Merchandise. 4. The sales meeting is not always a pre4sentation format.SAKHIE cell:9858304510 satisfy these drives and desires and involve the subordinates to act in a desired manner. Contest Format Direct or Novelty Direct Format describes specific objective. Novelty Format uses a particular theme based current events. and the benefits are outlined to the potential buyer. 23 b. Bunch sales disappointment to losers temporary motivating devices weakness team spirits. No permanent evidence of their achievement. 3. Contests of Sales Meeting 1. Timely and effective understandable to the audience. Potency Weakness as an individuals needs are up in need hierarchy.com 3rd year . It can sometimes be an informal conversion phone call or online affair. Sales contests objections No reasons to reward sales persons for their regular duties high calibre and more experience need sales personnel.
SAKHIE cell:9858304510 24 b.com 3rd year .
SAKHIE cell:9858304510 25 b.com 3rd year .
com 3rd year .SAKHIE cell:9858304510 26 b.
com 3rd year .SAKHIE cell:9858304510 27 b.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.