This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
tatistics causes of road accident road accident pictures road accident video , causes of road accidents road safety
• Safety awareness should begin from childhood, as it is difficult to impart awareness to a grown up human. If safety awareness is imparted in childhood, safety will be a habit. So impart Road Safety and General Safety awareness to your children during childhood itself. Preferably before the age of six. • Video and Computer games that simulate racing should be discouraged by parents as it will develop irreparable racing habit in children. • Don’t allow your children to watch Motor sports, especially racing. • Cinema, Serials and Advertisements involving Racing, over speed / highly risky riding etc should be watched by children ONLY with Parental Guidance. Warn them about it’s dangers when they are small kids itself. Parents should take such scenes as an opportunity to guide them properly. • Children below a certain age should not be permitted to do cycling in busy roads and in roads where heavy vehicles are plying. • Parents of children residing near busy roads should keep the Gates closed always. • Do not give cycles and two wheelers to your children until they are mentally mature enough. • Ensure that children use Helmet while using Two Wheelers. • Back seat riders also should use Helmet.
• If Helmet is not available do not accept the offer for a lift. • Don’t forget to fix the Chinstrap of your Helmet. Otherwise it will not help during an accident. • Ensure that your Helmet is of good quality meeting standard specifications. Otherwise replace it TODAY. • Most important method to prevent road accidents is restriction of speed. 90 % of accidents can be avoided by limiting speeds. • Always maintain safe distance with the vehicle in front. • Don’t let your children to use mobile phones while driving / riding. • Ask your children to avoid Mobile phone while walking, driving, riding on the road. • Ask your children to avoid FM Radio, Media Players etc. while walking, driving, riding on the road. • When your family is planning a new car, go for a yellow or other bright colored one. Sometimes, it may help in averting an accident because of it’s high viability, Avoid the black and dark colors as far as possible. • Buy ONLY yellow or bright colored cycle for your children. • Let the preferred color for two-wheeler also be yellow. • Never drink and drive. Somebody is waiting for you at home. • Never use mobile phones while driving, riding. • Avoid long trips during night, as far as possible.
• Insist that your child uses bright colored dresses, if your child is going for an early morning walk or cycling or walking on a road during night or if the lighting is poor due to mist or some other reason. • If you are driving at night, get refreshed at regular intervals by having a face wash or by having a cup of Coffee or Tea. Some of the co-passengers should ensure that you are awake. • There is a practice of keeping the traffic signals in standby mode during nights and on holidays. It is highly risky, hence be extra cautious at junctions with signal system in standby mode. • Advertisement boards and other items may obstruct visibility at junctions, curvatures and other parts of the roads. Hence be cautious about them. • Old age drivers should checkup their eyes periodically. • A small pool of water or a hanging branch of tree or rope or cable on roadside can cause accident, as such obstructions will make the pedestrians and drivers to take sudden LATERAL movement. Drivers and Pedestrians should not make sudden lateral movement. • Restrict speed at known accident prone areas. • Check up your vehicle regularly and especially before long journey. • Teach your children to look behind before making any lateral movement while walking on the road. Let them make it a habit so that they will do it automatically before making any lateral movement.
• Children playing ball games like Football, Cricket, Tennis etc. near Roads are likely to run across the road carelessly to pick the ball as the ball goes out of the field. Strict instructions should be given to children to be very careful while crossing the road to pick the ball. • Small children have a tendency to run across or along the roads, all of a sudden on seeing their parents, siblings, friends or relatives etc. Hence small children should be given strict instructions not to do that. Also try to avoid such circumstances on roads as far as possible. For example when children return from school, we should reach the bus stop in advance to pick them to home. If we reach the Bus stop late, children may run on seeing us from far. • When you are walking with small children on road side, hold on their hand. It should not be the other way ie. Don't let the children to hold on your hand. • While walking with children on road side, keep the children on the outer side of the road. You should be in the inner side. • Let ‘Road Safety’ be a mandatory topic for School Projects for all classes, every year. • Road Safety Day / Road Safety Week should be observed in all Schools, every year. Competitions on Road Safety Tips, Slogans, Essays, Paintings etc should be conducted for students of various classes. • Road Safety Clubs and Forums should be formed in all Schools.
• School Buses should be painted with Bright Yellow color. • Significant portion of School Uniform should be of bright colors like yellow, red, green, orange etc. White is also ok. Idea is to increase visibility while crossing the road or walking on road side. The bright colors will ensure visibility even under low lighting conditions. If the current school uniform is of dark colors like gray, brown, dark blue etc., School authorities may change the uniform at the next opportunity. • Avoid driving if you are experiencing excessive sneezing. • Do not drive after taking sleep inducing tablets like anti-histamines, anti-allergic, anti-depressants etc. • Buy only bright colored dresses for your children. Sometimes, this may help in averting an accident. Never select black or dark color dresses for your children. • Better use a Yellow colored Helmet. • Small children may sleep while traveling by two wheelers. Hence ensure that they are awake while traveling by two wheelers. • There are certain types of two wheelers which do not require a valid license for use. This nonsense of the authorities should not be a valid reason to risk the safety of your children. • Learn driving from the best reputed diving school in your neighborhood.
• Never bribe to acquire a driving license for you or your children. Do not use shortcut methods to get license. • Appear for driving test after you are fully convinced and confident. • Do not park vehicles near curvature. • Do not attempt to cross the road near curvature.
School authorities can share the above tips by: a) Discussing the tips in Parent Teacher meetings. it b) Discussing it in School Assembly / Class Rooms. c) Printing the tips in School diary every year (next year onwards ). d) Printing the tips in School Magazine. e) Announcing one Tip each day under the head Tip of the Day. Board f) Displaying the tips in special Notice Board in easily visible large letter. g) Displaying the tips in all Class Rooms / Walls of School Building. h) Printing and distributing the Tips among Parents / Children. i) Forwarding the mail to neighboring schools, Parents , Teachers etc.
This slide is dedicated to aiswarya rai, susmitha sen,amithab bachchan, sharuk khan and other bollywood stars , sachin
tendulkar,kapil dev, gavaskar, dhoni, ganguli, rahul dravid and other cricket stars and football stars, miss universe, miss world, upendra narayanan etc This slide is dedicated to Beijing Olympics in China. This slide is dedicated to Beijing Olympics in China.Keywords: road accident prevention tips road safety accident control child children helmet india indian government People of the following places will find this document useful: This slide is dedicated to Beijing Olympics in China.
More than 1,200,000 people are killed in Road Accidents worldwide, every year.
Let us help to prevent road accidents by downloading and sharing this document with Parents, Teachers, Students, Children, Friends, Relatives, Colleagues and other contacts.
http://www.slideshare.net/safeindianroads/tags/safety Your valuable suggestions may be mailed to email@example.com
India , Brazil , China Andhra Pradesh Arunachal Pradesh Assam Bihar Chhattisgarh Goa Gujarat Haryana Himachal Pradesh Jammu and Kashmir Jharkhand Karnataka Kerala Madhya Pradesh Maharashtra Manipur Meghalaya Mizoram Nagaland Orissa Punjab Rajasthan Sikkim Tamil Nadu Tripura Uttar Pradesh Uttarakhand West Bengal Andaman and Nicobar Islands Chandigarh Dadra and Nagar Haveli Daman and Diu Lakshadweep Delhi Puducherry Agartala Agra Ahmedabad Ahmednagar Aizwal Ajmer Akola Aligarh Allahabad Alwar Ambala Ammakandakara Amravati Amreli Amritsar Anand Anantapur Anklesvar Anuppur Araria Arcot Arrah Aruppukkottai Ashok Nagar Ashtamichira Aurangabad Bihar Aurangabad Maharashtra Asurbandh Jharkhand Azamgarh Asansole Ballabhgarh Baharampur Bahadurgarh Bahraich Balaghat Balasore Balia Balrampur Banda Bengaluru Banganapalle Banswara Banur Bardhaman Bareilly Baripada Barmer Barrackpur Barwani Banswara Beawar Belgaum Bellary Betul Bhagalpur Bhavani Bhandara Bharatpur Bharuch Bhavnagar Bhilai Nagar Bhimavaram Bhiwandi Bhiwani Bhopal Bhubaneswar Bhuj Bidar Bihar Sharif baran Bijnaur UP Bikaner Bilaspur Chhattisgarh Bilaspur Himachal Pradesh Bilgha Punjab Bodh Gaya Bokaro Steel City Bongaigaon Buldana Burhanpur Buxar Bulandshahr Barh Bangalore Ballarpur Kozhikode Cambay Chamoli Gopeshwar Champawat Chamrajnagar Chandannagar Chandigarh Chapirevula Chapra Charkhari Charkhi Dadri Chandrapur Chengalpattu Chennai Cheranalloor Cherunniyoor Chhatarpur Chhindwara Chikmagalur Chiplun Chitradurga Chitrakoot Dham Karwi Chittoor Coimbatore Contai Balangir Orissa Balurghat West Bengal Caryobys Coonoor Cuddalore Cuddapah Cuttack Dabra Dadra Dahod Daksh Daltonganj Daman Damoh Darbhanga Darjeeling Datia Davanagere Dehgam Dehradun Deoghar Dewas Delhi Dhanbad Dhar Dharampur Dharamsala Dharwad Dholka Dhule Dhulian Dibrugarh Dispur Dindigul Diu Dombivli Duhbai Dumdum Durg Durgapur Dwarka Ernakulam Erode Etah Etawah Faizabad Faridabad Faridkot Farrukhabad Fatehgarh Fatehpur Sikri Ferozepur Cantt. Ferozepur City Firozabad Greater Noida Gwalior Gadchiroli Gandhinagar Gangtok Ganjam Garcha Punjab Gaya Ghaziabad Ghazipur Goa Velha Godhra Gondiya Gorakhpur Gulbarga Gumla Guna Gundlupet Guntur Gurgaon Guruharsahai Guwahati Gudalur Gudivada Gwalior Hoshiarpur Haldia Haldwani Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh Hamir Uttar Pradesh Hanumangarh Howrah Harda Harsawa Haridwar Hubli Hassan Hastinapur Hathras Himatnagar Hisar Hansi Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh Indore Irinjalakuda india hindupur Jabalpur Jaipur Jais Jaisalmer Jalalabad Jalandhar Jalgaon Jagraon Jagtial Jammu Jamnagar Jamshedpur Jaunpur Jhabua Jhalawar Jhansi Jhunjhunu Jodhpur Jorhat Junagadh india Kakinada Kalimpong Kalwa Kalyan-Dombivali Kalyani Kanauj Kancheepuram Kandla Kangazha Kannur Kanpur Kanyakumari Karaikal Karaikudi Karimnagar Karjat Karnal Karur Karwar Kaserkhode Kavaratti Khammam Khandwa Khanna Khamanon Kharagpur Khargone Kheda Khilchipur Khuldabad Kirandul Kochi Kohima Kokrajhar Kolhapur Kolar Kolhapur Kolkata Kollam Konark Korba Kota Kotdwara Kothagudem Kottarakara Kottayam Kovilpatti Koyampattur Kozhencherry Kozhikode Kulpahar Kumbakonam Kumbhraj Kurnool Kushinagar Karamsad Kothamangalam Krishnagiri kurukshetra Lalitpur Leh Lucknow Ludhiana Lamka Madanapalle Madgaon Madikeri Madurai Mahabaleswar Mahabubnagar Mahe Mahoba Mahwa Malout Mandsaur Mangalagiri Mangalore Mapusa Marmagao Mathura Machilipatnam Mahad Meerut Mirzapur Moga Mohali Moradabad Motihari Mount Abu Mukatsar Mullanpur Mumbai Mussoorie Murwara Murshidabad Muzaffarnagar Muzaffarpur Mysore MELATTUR Mokama Nadiad Nagapattinam Nagarkurnool Nagercoil Nagina UP Nagpur Nainital Nalgonda Nanded Nandyal Nandurbar Narasaraopet Narsimhapur Narsinghgarh Nashik Navi Mumbai Navsari Nawalgarh Neemuch Nellore New Delhi or Delhi New Guntur Nizamabad NOIDA Nanital Nurmahal Punjab Nurpur Himachal Pradesh NARNOL Palwal Panaji Panchkula Pandharpur Panipat Panna Panvel Pasla Punjab Patan Pathankot Patiala Patna Patratu Jharkhand Pimpri Chinchwad Ponda Puducherry Porbandar Port Blair Pune Puri Pushkar Palghat Punalur Pratapgarh Quilon Ranchi Rajsthan Raichur Raigarh Raisen Raipur Rajahmundry Rajgarh Rajkot Rajnandgaon Ramanathapuram Rameshwaram Rampur Rampur Ranikhet Ratangarh Ratlam Ratnagiri Raurkela Rae Bareli Ravulapalem Roorkee Rishikesh Rajampet REWA ringawa rasheed Sagars Salem Samastipur Sanawad Sangli Sangamner Sathyamangalam Satara Satna Saharanpur Sehore Seoni Shajapur Shegaon Sheopur Shevgaon Shillong Shivpuri Shivani Sholapur shrirampur shrigonda Siddipet Sikar Silchar Silvassa Sindhanur Shimla Shimoga Shirala Siliguri Singrauli Sirohi Sironj Sitamarhi Siwan Sonipat Sriganganagar Srikakulam Srinagar Surat Suratgarh Surendranagar Sitapur SHOAIB Tamluk Tandur Tenali Thane Thanjavur Thathawata Thiruvallur Thrikkannamangal Thrissur Thoothukudi Tinsukia Tirupattur Tiruchirappalli Tirunelveli Tirupathi Tirupur Tiruvarur Tikamgarh Thiruvananthapuram Tzudikong Udaipur in Rajasthan Udaipur in Tripura Udhampur in Jammu Kashmir Udupi Udhagamandalam Ujjain Ulhasnagar Unnao Uttarpara in West Bengal Vadodara Vallabh Vidhyanagar Valsad Vandavasi Vapi Varanasi Vasai Vasco da Gama Goa Vellore Vidisha Vijayawada Viluppuram Virar Visakhapatnam Vizianagaram Virudhachalam Vyara Warangal Wardha Wani Wayanad amazing facmumbai terror attack Road Safety / Highway Safety Tips for Parents and Teachers. How to prevent Road Accidents, Road Accient prevention, Safety Tips, Child development, Bringing up children. Child Character formation. School Projects, Safety Essay, Road Safety Training, Traffic Safety Training. How to bring down Road Accidents. Traffic Safety presentation. Road Safety Slide, Pareting tips, How to avoid accidents, How to reduce road accidents. How to save lives. american highway safety, indian road safety, taffic safety, aashto, nchrp, nhtsa, school safety, general safety, aaa traffic safety, ADTSEA, road safety foundation, road safety organisation ,national road safety, nhtsa, national safety, american highway, indian highway, auto safety, automobile safety ,parents, children, road accident prevention tips, road safety, accident control, child, helmet, india, indian government ,slide share, powerpoint , amazing facts , incredible facts. videoroad safety presentation road safety video movie road safety pdf doc road safety document road safety forum road safety slide slideshow road safety website home page internet safety tips distance
between, road safety day, road safety week, more important
than home safety tips, family safety tips, kitchen safety tips, fire safety tips , school project , school essay health tips