CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA - VERBUL/ CUPRINS
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 1 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/CUVÂNT INAINTE
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 1
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA - VERBUL
Asist uni. Georgeta Obilisteanu Lect.univ. Marioara Patesan 1. CUVÂNT INAINTE 2. LECTIA I - TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICATIV 3. LECTIA II - CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR 4. LECTIA III - MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRAZELE CONDITIONALE 5. LECTIA IV - VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRECTA 6. LECTIA V - DIATEZA PASIVA 7. LECTIA VI - VERBELE MODALE 8. LECTIA VII - MODUL SUBJONCTIV 9. LECTIA VIII - MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI CONSTRUCTIILE VERBALE 10. LECTIA IX - CHEIA EXERCITIILOR 10.1 Timpurile modului 10.2. Exercitii cu concordanta timpurilor 10.3. Exercitii cu fraze conditionale 10.4. Exercitii cu vorbirea directa si indirecta 10.5. Exercitii cu diateza pasiva 10.6. Exercitii cu verbe modale 10.7. Exercitii cu modul subjonctiv 10.8. Exercitii cu constructii verbale 11. LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE
Verbul constituie coloana vertebrala a unei limbi. Cartea „Curs practic de limba engleza – verbul" (cu exercitii si cheie) cuprinde o parte teoretica – prezentarea clara si sistematica a modurilor, timpurilor, concordantei timpurilor, verbelor modale si a altor probleme legate de verbul englez (cu exemple si traducere), precum si o parte practica cu exercitii la fiecare capitol si la sfârsitul cartii au fost incluse cheia exercitiilor si lista verbelor neregulate intâlnite in cadrul exemplelor si exercitiilor. Prezentarea teoretica a problemelor este facuta in limba româna. Cursul se adreseaza studentilor incepatori si intermediari din anii I si II de studiu, precum si cursantilor adulti, cu conditia ca acestia sa aiba cunostinte anterioare, chiar sumare, de limba engleza.
1 of 42
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 1 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 2 of 18
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Negativ I am not working. You are not (aren’t) working. He/she/it is not (isn’t) working. We are not (aren’t) working. You are not (aren’t) working. They are not (aren’t) working. Interogativ Am I working? Are we working? Are you working? Are you working? Is he/she/it working? Are they working? Present Tense Simple se foloseste pentru a arata o actiune in plina desfasurare in momentul prezent. Ex. Where are you going? I am going to school. De asemenea poate arata o actiune care se desfasoara pe timp limitat in perioada prezenta. Ex.: I go to school by bus this week. My father is taking me in his car. Uneori se poate folosi timpul Present Tense Continuous cu adverbul always, pentru a arata o actiune repetata. In acest caz, exista o conotatie afectiva (nemultumire) sau actiunea respectiva este caracteristica pentru acea persoana. Ex. You are always losing your things. You are always grumbling when I ask you to help me in the kitchen. Exercitii cu Present Simple si Present Continuous 1. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii (Present Simple) la interogativ si negativ: Nota: Verbul „to have", atunci când nu inseamna „a avea, a poseda", ci este parte dintr-o expresie (to have breakfast, to have a shower, to have a party), formeaza negativul si interogativul cu ajutorul auxiliarului „to do". I love my brother. She talks too much. I understand you. You play the piano very well. I always believe you. He remembers my phone number. They live in Bucharest. He has a hot bath every day. I trust my friend. I have lunch at one o’clock.
LECTIA I TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICATIV Exista doua aspecte in limba engleza: simplu si continuu. In general, timpurile simple se folosesc atunci când accentul se pune pe actiunea propriu-zisa, iar timpurile continue se folosesc atunci când accentul se pune pe durata actiunii, pe perioada de timp in care aceasta are loc. In explicarea intrebuintarii timpurilor continue se va intâlni formularea „actiune in plina desfasurare". Aceasta inseamna ca actiunea a inceput inainte de momentul la care se face referire si va continua dupa acel moment. Exista un numar de verbe in limba engleza care nu se folosesc la forma continua, deoarece ideea de durata e inclusa in continutul lor semantic. Ex. to want, to like, to dislike, to understand, to owe, to matter, to love, to hate, to belong, to believe, to remember, to know. A. Present Tense Simple Afirmativ Negativ I work I do not (don’t) work You work You do not (don’t) work He/she/it works He/she/it does not (doesn’t) work We work We do not (don’t) work You work You do not (don’t) work They work They do not (don’t) work Interogativ Do I work? Do we work? Do you work? Do you work? Does he/she/it work? Do they work? Present Tense Simple se foloseste pentru a arata o actiune regulata, obisnuita, in perioada prezenta. Ex. What do you do? (Cu ce te ocupi?) I am a student. What time do you usually have breakfast? Present Tense Continuous Se conjuga verbul „to be" la timpul prezent si se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. Afirmativ I am working We are working. You are working You are working He/she/it is working They are working
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
2. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii (Present Continuous) la negativ si interogativ:
2 of 42
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 3 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 4 of 18 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. It is raining. I am having a walk. He is telling the truth. You are typing a letter. They are swimming in the river. My friend is wearing a new dress. My mother is resting. We are studying English. Ann is knitting. The child is learning to play the piano.
I (think) of my mother just now. 7. You (know) what time is it? 4. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. Iarna ninge. Duminica el nu se scoala devreme. Eu nu studiez seara. Ce faci? Citesti sau privesti la televizor? Secretara tocmai bate la masina un referat. Ea merge la cumparaturi sâmbata. Acum imi fac temele la engleza. Nu-mi place cafeaua. Ce carte citesti? La ce ora se scoala John dimineata? Ce faci tu in zilele libere? Cui ii telefonezi? El nu merge la scoala cu metroul, merge pe jos. De ce deschizi fereastra? Adesea citesc carti englezesti. Ea isi face bagajul. Cât de des le scrii parintilor tai? Când merg la mare imi place sa inot mult. Clientul tocmai isi alege o pereche de pantofi. B. Past Tense Simple Past Tense Simple se formeaza prin adaugarea terminatiei – ed in cazul verbelor regulate. Ex. to work – worked Daca verbul este neregulat, Past Tense trebuie invatat din tabelul de verbe neregulate care indica cele trei forme de baza ale verbului: forma I – infinitiv, forma II- Paste Tense, forma III – participiul trecut. Ex. to speak – spoke – spoken Afirmativ
3. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Present Simple sau la Present Continuous: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. I (not go) shopping because it (rain). What you (do) on Sundays? He usually (drink) coffee but now he (drink) tea. In England it often (rain). I (not like) that boy. He usually (speak) so quickly that I (not understand) him. You (like) this book? You (dream) at night?
Yes, I (dream) every night. 1. I can’t answer the phone now because I (cook). 2. How you usually (get) to work? I usually (go) by bus, but now I (take) a taxi because I am late. 1. The manager can’t receive you now as he (have) an interview. 2. You (write) to John now? Yes, I (be). I always (write) to him on his birthday. 1. Where you (hurry)? To the theatre, as I (not want) to miss the first act. 1. She always (borrow) books from me and never (remember) to give them back. 2. You (go) to work every day? Yes, of course, except Saturdays and Sundays. 3. Why you (smoke) so much? 4. Who you (wait) for? I (wait) for John, but he is late, as usual. 5. I always (have) a rest after lunch. 6. What you (think) of?
worked I/you/he/she/it/we/they spoke Negativ work I/you/he/she/it/we/they did not speak
3 of 42
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 5 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 6 of 18 Interogativ work? Did I/you/he/she/it/we/they speak? Forma prescurtata a lui did not este didn’t (I didn’t work). Past Tense Simple arata o actiune trecuta, terminata, efectuata intr-o perioada de timp trecuta, terminata. Este timpul de naratiune. Se traduce, de obicei, cu perfectul compus. Ex. Yesterday I went for a walk. (Ieri am mers al plimbare.) Last year I travelled to England. (Anul trecut am calatorit in Anglia.) Past Tense Continuous Se formeaza prin conjugarea verbului „to be" la trecut (Past Tense) si adaugarea formei ing a verbului de conjugat. Afirmativ I was working We were working You were working You were working He/she/it was working They were working Negativ I was not working We were not working You were not working You were not working He/she/it was not working They were not working Formele prescurtate sunt: was not – wasn’t I wasn’t working. were not – weren’t They weren’t working. Interogativ Was I working? Were we working? Were you working? Were you working? Was he/she/it working? Were they working? Arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intr-un moment din trecut. Se traduce, de obicei, cu imperfectul. Ex. This time yesterday, I was watching TV. (Ieri pe vremea asta priveam la televizor.) Adesea, in aceeasi fraza, este posibil sa apara un verb folosit la Past Continuous si un verb folosit la Past Simple. In acest caz, verbul la Past Continuous (tradus cu imperfectul), reprezinta fundalul de timp pe care se petrece actiunea exprimata de Past Simple (tradus cu perfectul compus). Ex. While I was crossing the street, I met John. Este, de asemenea, posibil sa apara intr-o fraza timpul Past Continuous in mod repetat. In aceasta situatie, ambele verbe se traduc cu imperfectul, ele aratând actiuni paralele, in plina desfasurare, intr-un moment trecut. Ex. While John was reading, his sister was watching TV. (In timp ce John citea, sora lui privea la televizor.) Exercitii cu Past Tense Simple si Continuous 1. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii la Past Tense Simple: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. I sleep until 9 o’clock every day. He meets John on Sundays. You speak English well. You drink too much. You ask too many questions. I play football. I own two umbrellas. I like to have a coffee in the morning. That sounds interesting. I always make cakes on Sundays.
1. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii la negativ si interogativ: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. He thought about you. They drank all the wine. I hated him. He changed his library book every day. I sold my car. We worked very hard. He came home late. I enjoyed travelling. He translated the text. He forbade her to do this.
1. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Past Tense Simple sau Continuous: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. When you (come in), I talk on the phone. When I first (meet) him, he (work) in a bank. While he (learn) to drive, he (have) an accident. As I (write), someone (ring up). Where you (go) when I (meet) you? What you (do) this time yesterday? When I (enter) the classroom, the teacher (write) on the blackboard. When I (arrive), she (have) dinner. This time last Sunday, I (watch) a film on TV. He suddenly (realize) that he (not wear) his glasses.
1. Traduceti in limba engleza:
4 of 42
Page 7 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA. 17.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. De asemenea. Traducerea celor doua propozitii in limba româna este identica. daca aceasta este in cursul diminetii (pâna la ora 12) sau dupa amiaza. I didn’t get up early this morning. 21. 15. Ieri pe vremea asta ploua.) Trebuie precizat faptul ca. mi-am luat micul dejun si apoi am plecat la scola. 12. eu conduceam masina spre Sinaia. folosirea timpului verbal este conditionata de momentul in care se face afirmatia. I lost my umbrella yesterday.) I haven’t seen John since September. In timp ce imi cautam pasaportul am gasit aceasta fotografie veche. Ei au ascuns imediat cartile si si-au scos manualele de scoala. M-am sculat târziu ieri dimineata. (Am vazut doua filme saptamâna aceasta.. dintr-un motiv sau altul.html
5 of 42
. (Il cunosc pe John de doi ani. just. efectuata intr-o perioada de timp neterminata. 16. always. ever.actrus. never.. El arata o legatura intre trecut si momentul prezent.
Ex. intrucât „when" reprezinta un moment precizat in trecut. Ex. seldom. la care se adauga forma a treia (participiul trecut) a verbului de conjugat. Nu m-am sculat devreme azi dimineata. Se foloseste cu adverbe de timp neprecizat care leaga trecutul de prezent. In acest caz. 8.) Daca adverbul de timp este „this morning". daca se pune o intrebate referitoare la trecut care incepe cu „when". nu se poate folosi timpul Present Perfect. Unde ti-ai petrecut concediul vara trecuta? Ieri m-am sculat devreme. He/she/it has not (hasn’t) worked. arata o actiune trecuta. care are rezultate in prezent sau care. (Mi-am pierdut umbrela. 14. Page 8 of 18 1. Ex.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA. Adverbe de timp neprecizat care se aseaza intre auxiliar si verb: often. (Il cunosc pe John din 1990. this week. Cine a câstigat meciul alaltaieri? In timp ce ploua. 11. folosirea lui este insotita de adverbe precum: today. (Nu l-am vazut pe John de doua luni. Ex. already. C.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. 7. Acum doua zile am cazut si mi-am rupt piciorul. Ai dormit bine noaptea trecuta? Ieri nu am mers la bazinul de inot. 10. 2.actrus. timp de). Timpul Present Perfect nu poate fi folosit cu un adverb de timp precizat in trecut. I haven’t seen John for two months. Present Perfect Simple Timpul Present Perfect Simple se formeaza prin conjugarea verbului „to have" la prezent. se foloseste Past Simple. 22. 19.m. Interogativ Have I worked? Has he/she/it worked? Timpul Present Perfect este un timp de relatie. Ce faceai martea trecuta la ora 7 dimineata? Ma pregateam sa merg la facultate. Baietii jucau carti când l-au auzit pe tatal lor intrând in casa.. 13. 5. Timpul Present Perfect Simple se foloseste in urmatoarele situatii:
Ex. Batea un vânt puternic când am iesit din casa.)
arata o actiune trecuta. I have seen two films this week. Soarele nu a apus la ora 8 aseara. Saptamâna trecuta am fost bolnav si nu am mers la scoala. 4.
arata o actiune inceputa in trecut care continua pâna in prezent. Duminica trecuta prietenii mei au jucat sah. In acest caz. 18.) I have known John since 1990. intereseaza in prezent. Cu acest sens se folosesc de obicei prepozitiile since (din. (Nu l-am vazut pe John din septembrie. this month. I haven’t got up early this morning. Afirmativ I have worked We have worked You have worked You have worked He/she/it has worked They have worked Negativ I have not (haven’t) worked. this year. Când te-ai intors de la munte? Când ai cumparat acest televizor? Ieri mi-am pierdut manusile. 6. incepând din) si for (de. nu mai poate fi folosit timpul Present Perfect.) I have known John for two years.m. I must buy a new one. daca se mentioneaza momentul trecut in care a avut loc actiunea care intereseaza in prezent sau care are rezultate in prezent. Trebuie sa-mi cumpar una noua.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. ora 2 p. I must buy a new one.
http://quintet. El a dat primul examen saptamâna trecuta. 3. 20. ora 10 a. Have you seen Hamlet? (Ai vazut Hamlet?) I have lost my umbrella . 9. When did you see Hamlet? I saw it last week. terminata..
7. Folositi Present Perfect Simple sau Continuous sau Past Tense Simple in locul infinitivelor: 1. I (buy) a new house. You (read) Sorescu’s last book? You (pay) the telephone bill? He (not go) to bed yet. 8. 10. 4. 18. Ex. I have never been to England. (El nu s-a intors inca acasa. 4.
1. 15. 3.. When you (use) it last? 2. He hasn’t returned home yet. I am not out of work now.) Dupa cum se poate observa. Exercitii cu Present Perfect Simple si Continuous 1. 8. 2. Where you (be)? I (be) to the market. 12/15/04
http://quintet. You (visit) the Village Museum? You ever (eat) caviar? I (not write) to my friend for three months. I (try) last year but I (not succeed). If it doesn’t stop soon.. I just (have) one. 12. There isn’t any train service because the engine – drivers (go) on strike. we shall have floods. It (not rain) since December. intre un moment trecut si prezent. 20. I (do) a lot of work since I (get up) in the morning. Page 9 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. Folositi Present Perfect Simple in locul infinitivelor din paranteze: 1. I (lend) him some money today. 12. I am tired because I have been working all day.) De asemene. 17.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. 10. He (fish) for two hours but he (catch) nothing yet. I already (see) this film. la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. vom avea inundatii. 4. I have often been to England. (Nu l-am vazut in ultimul timp. You (not see) it anywhere? No. 9. sa continue si in viitor. Ex. It has been raining for three hours. How long you (live) here? I (live) here for one year. You must come and see it. The radio (play) since 7 a. 6. It’s time we woke him up. she (leave) for Brasov a week ago. I (not be) to the seaside this year. I (get) a job last month.
1. Afirmativ I have been working We have been working You have been working You have been working He/she/it has been working They have been working Negativ I have not (haven’t) been working. care continua in prezent. Have you ever been to England? (Ai fost vreodata in Anglia?) No. yet (in propozitii negative). 5. She (change) a lot since I (see) her last. Ex. Page 10 of 18 Ex. Present Perfect Continuous Se formeaza cu Present Perfect Simple al verbului „to be".) Ca si Present Perfect Simple. 8. You (see) your mother this week? No. Your ever (try) to give up smoking? Yes. I’m tired of it.) I haven’t seen him lately. Interogativ Have I been working? Has he been working? Timpul Present Perfect Continuous arata o actiune in plina desfasurare.actrus.m. When are you going to do it? Ever since that woman came to work here. fie cu perfectul compus. I (shop) all day and I want to have a rest now. How long you (wear) glasses? I (cook) all the morning. 13. poate arata probabilitatea ca actiunea inceputa in trecut.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. she (try) to make trouble. Would you like a cake? No. You (water) the flowers? He just (leave) home. He (sleep) for 10 hours now. We (know) each other for several years. se poate traduce cu prezentul sau cu perfectul compus din limba româna.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA. 2. 7. timpul Present Perfect Simple se traduce in româneste fie cu prezentul. You ever (drive) a car? He always (rely on) his friend.. I (wear) my hair long since I (be) a little girl. 22. He has not (hasn’t) been working. 6. I haven’t. He (not come) home yet. 3. Folositi Present Perfect Simple sau Continuous in locul infinitivelor din paranteze: 1. Adverbe de timp neprecizat care stau la sfârsitul propozitiei: lately. 21. cu accent pe durata. 5. 9. 7. 11.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. 3. I (lose) my pen. 16. How many dishes you (cook)? Why you (be) in the garden so long? I (water) the flowers. I (ask) you to clean your room for two days. in functie de context.actrus. Yes. (Ploua de trei ore.. You (be) out of work long? 5. 11. (Sunt obosit pentru ca am muncit toata ziua. 6. 19. Daca nu se opreste in curând. 14. thank you.html
6 of 42
un verb de relatie.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. Trebuie sa-l inlocuim. 2. D.) After John had been watching TV for 10 minutes. 19.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. De asemenea. 10.) Ca sens. (Dupa ce John privise (a privit) la televizor 10 minute.
Past Perfect Continuous Se formeaza cu Past Perfect Simple al verbului „to be". 3.. Un copil a spart geamul. a plecat acum o ora. 9. 17. 24. (Când el a intrat in camera. It (rain) since we (leave) Bucharest. Yesterday at 9 o’clock I had had breakfast.) He said it had been raining for three days. La ce te-ai uitat? A fost un accident. perfectul compus sau imperfectul din limba româna. ea batea la masina de o ora. Am stat acasa si nu am regretat nici o clipa. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind Past Tense Simple sau Present Perfect Simple sau Continuous: 1. 12. ca si Present Perfect. 6. The child (play) the piano since I (return) from school. they drank some coffee. 13. Afirmativ I had worked. Afirmativ I had been working. (Ieri la ora 9 luasem micul dejun.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. Am mers pe jos 10 km pâna acum. De cât timp inveti engleza? Vremea s-a incalzit in ultimul timp.
http://quintet. Traduc un text de doua ore si nu l-am terminat inca. acest timp se poate traduce cu mai mult ca perfectul. 7. echivalentul in limba româna al acestui timp este mai mult ca perfectul. Este. 20. Cu cine ai votat la ultimele alegeri? Nu am mers la vot. Cine te-a invatat sa vorbesti engleza atât de bine? Unde ti-ai petrecut vacanta anul acesta? M-am gândit adesea sa-mi iau carnet de conducere. este vorba de o relatie intre doua momente trecute. acum doi ani. Negativ I had not (hadn’t) been working. dar.) Dupa cum se observa. El este ministru de doi ani. Past Perfect Continuous poate prelua functiile lui Present Perfect Cotinuous in propozitia secundara. 25. la care se adauga forma III (past participle) a verbului de conjugat. Page 11 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. he got bored. 23.. Ai vazut ziarul de azi? A plecat John? Da. l-am luat la ora 8. 14. 5.html
7 of 42
. 21. After they (finish) dinner. Exercitii cu Past Simple si Continuous 1. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Past Perfect Simple: 1. Ti-ai luat deja micul dejun? Da.actrus. Mergem pe jos de la ora 3. Ex. Ai mai fost in acest oras? Da. Se poate traduce cu mai mult ca perfectul sau perfectul compus. Ex. am mers arareori pe jos la slujba. 8. 4. când in aceeasi fraza in propozitia principala se afla un verb la Past Tense. terminasem de scris temele. He (be) very ill since the holidays (begin). 2. 22.actrus. in acest caz. 15. Past Perfect Simple Se formeaza cu verbul „to have" la Past Tense Simple. 11. Negativ I had not (hadn’t) worked. Ei lucreaza la aceasta casa de un an si nu au terminat-o inca. 11. (Când mi-ai telefonat.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. Timpul Past Perfect Continuous arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intre doua momente trecute. De când mi-am cumparat masina. She said she already (be) to England. Arata o actiune trecuta care a avut loc inaintea unei alte actiuni sau a unui moment din trecut. Interogativ Had I been working? Aceste forme se pastreaza la toate persoanele. Page 12 of 18 9. she had been typing for one hour. Ninge de doua ore. When he entered the room. 10.. s-a plictisit. 18. (El a spus ca ploua de trei zile. am petrecut o luna aici.) When you rang me up. I had finished writing my homework.. 1. la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. Interogativ Had I worked? Acest timp are aceeasi forma la toate persoanele. 16. El a scris numai doua scrisori de când a plecat in strainatate.
8 of 42
. 8. we (realize) we (lose) our way. 4. 5. 10. 5. am mers la culcare. mother (cook) for two hours. Future Tense Simple Se formeaza cu shall sau will la persoana I. 9. After John (leave). 9. The river became deeper after it (rain) heavily for a few hours. 6. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind Past Perfect Simple sau Continuous sau Past Tense Simple: 1. De indata ce a terminat de scris lucrarea. will la persoana II si III. we (climb) for 7 hours. The child (eat) all the cakes before his mother became aware of it. 8. After Jane (swim) for half an hour.actrus. Ei mi-au spus ca locuiau in Franta din 1980. He told me he (catch) some fish on that day. la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. Secretara mi-a spus ca directorul vorbea la telefon de o jumatate de ora. He (learn) English for two years before he (go) to England for the first time. Ei au calatorit in multe tari dupa ce s-au casatorit. 7. 10. You will be going. 6. la care se adauga infinitivul verbului de conjugat. When I left home. 2.actrus. I (ring up) him and (congratulate) him. When I (find out) he (get married). You will not be going. Page 14 of 18 3. We (shall) will be going. He/she/it will be going. I (shall) will meet him next week. When I called on her unexpectedly. You will be going. 5. The house was much smaller then he (think) at first. The professor (speak) for 10 minutes when I (enter) the hall. 3.. she felt chilly. Se traduce cu viitorul din limba româna. 10. 2.html 12/15/04
1. 9.) Future Continuous Se formeaza cu viitorul simplu al verbului „to be". somebody told us it (rain) for hours. Nu ti-am telefonat pentru ca am crezut ca plecasesi in strainatate. (Il voi intâlni saptamâna viitoare. 8. 2. it (rain) for one hour. 7. She discovered her child (not tell) the truth. she (study) the subject for a week. she (tell) me they (be) friends for five years. El nu facuse nimic inainte de a-mi cere mie sfatul. When I arrived home. Când am ajuns la statia de autobuz. Ex. iar pentru „will not" este won’t. At 3 o’clock on Friday. Interogativ Shall I go? Shall we go? Will you go? Will you go? Will he/she/it/ go? Will they go? Trebuie remarcat faptul ca la interogativ persoana I. Puneti verbele din paranteza la Past Perfect Simple sau Continuous sau la Past Tense Simple: 1. she (write) letters for one hour. Afirmativ I (shall) will be going.
http://quintet. 8. she (clean) and (dust) for 5 hours. a inmânat-o profesorului. Page 13 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. They will be going. 4. We (ask) him what countries he (visit). We (shall) will not be going. When we met them. 3. When we arrived at Sinaia. She just (go) out when I (call at) her house. 9. He/she/it will not be going. 6. When I rang her up. 10. Negativ I (shall) will not be going. they (wait) for the bus for half an hour. When she sat for the exam. He (tell) me he (be) to the theatre the day before. We were shocked to hear she (not pass) the exam. He asked me whether I (meet) John before. I realized she (have) a party.. Mi-a parut rau ca il jignisem. Afirmativ I (shall) will go We (shall) will go You will go You will go He/she/it will go They will go Negativ I (shall) will not go We (shall) will not go You will not go You will not go He/she/it will not go They will not go Forma scurta pentru „shall not" este shan’t. 7. When she decided to have a rest. 12/15/04 http://quintet. mi-am dat seama ca imi lasasem poseta acasa. After we (walked) for an hour.. After John (listen to) the news bulletin. he (go) downstairs to have dinner. El mi-a multumit pentru ceea ce facusem pentru el. 7. De indata ce au plecat musafirii.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. 4. 3. The fire (spread) to the next building when the firemen arrived. I (return) from school. se foloseste numai „shall". When we reached the top.
1.. E. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Past Perfect Continuous: 1. Acest timp arata o actiune viitoare obisnuita.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1.
iar cea de la „would not" este wouldn’t. (Mâine la ora trei voi calatori spre Anglia. Acest timp este folosit in concordanta timpurilor pentru a arata o actiune posterioara unui moment sau unei actiuni din trecut. la care se adauga forma ing a verbului de conjugat.
Future-in-the-Past Simple Se formeaza cu should (persoana I) sau would (toate persoanele).CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. he would be travelling to England. We (shall) will not have gone. By three o’clock tomorrow. Interogativ Shall I have gone? Shall we have gone? Will you have gone? Will you have gone? Will he/she/it have gone? Will they have gone? Acest timp arata o actiune anterioara unei alte actiuni sau unui moment viitor. He said that at 3 o’clock. I will be travelling to England.. (have + forma III). (Mâine pâna la ora trei voi fi ajuns la Predeal. Ex. la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat.) Intrucât nu poate fi intâlnit decât in propozitii secundare (dupa un verb la timpul trecut in propozitia principala). I will have been studying for three hours. Se traduce cu viitorul simplu sau cu viitorul anterior din limba româna. Ex. Este un timp sestul de rar folosit. We (shall) will have gone. Page 15 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. (El a spus ca in ziua urmatoare. Afirmativ I (should) would go We (should) would go You would go You would go He/she/it would go They would go Negativ I (should) would not go We (should) would not go You would not go You would not go He/she/it would not go They would not go Forma scurta de la „should not" este shouldn’t.html
12/15/04 http://quintet.) Alte mijloace de exprimare a viitorului
http://quintet. He/she/it will have gone. (El a spus ca va intârzia. voi studia (voi fi studiat) de trei ore. Este un timp rar folosit. la ora 3. la care se adauga infinitivul trecut al verbului de conjugat. At three o’clock. You will not have gone.html
9 of 42
. You will not have gone. Future Perfect Simple Se formeaza cu shall sau will. Afirmativ I (shall) will have gone. Negativ I (shall) will not have gone. He said he would be late. You will have gone. They will not have gone. Preia functiile lui Future Tense Continuous intr-o propozitie secundara. the next day.actrus. atunci când in principala se afla un verb la trecut. Când vei veni tu acasa. nu se pune problema folosirii lui a interogativ decât in intrebari disjunctive. They will have gone. Ex.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. Arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intre doua momente viitoare.) Se traduce cu viitorul din limba româna.) Future Perfect Continuous Se formeaza cu Future Perfect al verbului „to be". Ex. You will have gone. I (shall) will have been going. Interogativ Shall I be going? Shall we be going? Will you be going? Will you be going? Will he/she/it be going? Will they be going? Acest timp arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intr-un moment viitor. Ex. va calatori spre Anglia. Se traduce cu timpul viitor anterior din limba româna. I should (would) be going. Page 16 of 18 You will not be going. He/she/it will not have gone. They will not be going. I will have reached Predeal.actrus. When you come home.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. la care se adauga infinitivul verbului de conjugat.. Future-in-the-Past Continuous Se formeaza cu Future-in-the-Past Simple al verbului „to be"...
I (cook) for two hours. I am meeting John this morning. I leave for London tomorrow. (Il intâlnesc/il voi intâlni pe John in dimineata aceasta.. 10. He (be) pleased if you invite him. 10. 10. Ce faci mâine dimineata la ora 11? Voi vizita târgul international. 8.
http://quintet. 7. Am cumparat o masina de scris si voi invata sa bat. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind unul din tipurile de viitor: 1. Next year. She (watch) TV. 9.. I am going to read this book. ea va fi terminat curatenia in casa. 7. 4.
3. un aranjament prealabil pentru viitorul apropiat.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. Trenul va fi plecat inainte de a ajunge noi la gara.html
10 of 42
. the sun (rise) before we reach the beach. Arata de asemenea o intentie sau o probabilitate. Page 18 of 18
Present Simple + adverb de timp viitor. 6. mâine. Don’t expect me home for dinner. He (study) all day tomorrow.
3. 9. 4. By the end of the season. You (recognize) him when you see him? I (remember) this day all my life. arata un program precis. I (work) at the office till late at night. vor fi economisit 5 milioane.m. 8. Don’t ring her up at 8 o’clock p. 3. 5. When you reach Sinaia. 9. In a week’s time. I (read) all the books on the bibliography list. one hundred thousand people (spend) their holidays at the seaside. By the end of the month. You (not find) a solution if you don’t know the whole truth. 2. ei vor avea ultima ora de engleza. we (climb) the mountain. voi fi vazut acest film de 5 ori. 2. 6. 2. I (swim) in the sea. Pâna la ora 1..)
Present Continuous + adverb de timp viitor. 2. El va studia in biblioteca luni de la ora 1 la 5. 7. it probably (rain). Din cauza grevei soferilor de autobuze multa lume va merge pe jos la slujba. (Plec/voi pleca la Londra mâine.actrus. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future Simple: 1. I am sure I (succeed). This time next day. 4. Uite ce am cumparat la o licitatie! E un obiect frumos. Exercitii cu timpurile „Future" 1. 10. You (remember) to post my letter? I hope I (pass) the exam. You (be) in London tomorrow.
1. This time next month. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future Continuous: 1. 4. you (see) all the exhibits in the museum. 8. 6.. 5. 5. intre orele 12 si 1. 11. the baby (cry). 9. Page 17 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. I (know) the results in three days’ time. Intr-un astfel de context. 12. I (work) on this paper for a month.
Ex. 4. Let’s hurry to the beach. Unde il vei pune?
Ex. I (have) breakfast. When I take the exam. we (take) our exam.actrus. 5. 3. I am sure you (like) this book. 3.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. Tomorrow morning at 8 o’clock. Pâna anul viitor pe vremea aceasta. Vineri. I (pay off) all my debts.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. If we don’t hurry. By 5 o’clock. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future Perfect Simple sau Continuous: 1. I (finish) reading the newspapers by lunch time. By the beginning of next week. 7. (Voi citi/am de gând sa citesc aceasta carte. By the time you come home. 8.)
Expresia „to be going to" + infinitiv. The sun (rise) in 10 minutes. You (need) the vacuum cleaner tomorrow or may I borrow it? I am sure when I arrive home.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1.
Ex. they (be married) for 25 years.) It is going to rain. 6. bine stabilit. Pâna la sfârsitul lunii. Arata o intentie.
) Nota 1: Daca intr-o fraza exista doua propozitii secundara cu actiunea anterioara celei din principala. Cartea pe care o citesc acum mi-a fost data de fratele meu. (El a spus ca este bolnav. Ex.) He said he would come to see me after he had finished work. Propozitia principala 1. (Ea i-a promis mamei sale ca o va ajuta. dupa care (in temporala sau conditionala) se intrebuinteaza Past Tense (pentru simultaneitate) sau Past Perfect (pentru anterioritate). dintre care una este temporala sau conditionala.actrus. ci in fraze. Present Perfect Simple. (El a spus ca merge la scola. (El a spus ca va pleca a doua zi. She said she had forgotten where she had put her glasses. nu in propozitii. Ex. (Voi citi aceasta carte când voi avea timp. Past Perfect Simple.html
11 of 42
. un timp „present" Present Tense Simple. (El a spus ca se intorsese acasa cu o saptamâna inainte.html 12/15/04
http://quintet. Nota: In limba engleza contemporana.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2. Present Perfect Continuous Orice timp cerut de sens Propozitia secundara Propozitia principala
actiune posterioara celei din principala.) I arrived home after it had stopped raining. Past Perfect Continuous Propozitia secundara Orice alt timp „past" Ex. (El a spus ca va veni sa ma vada când va avea timp. Anul trecut am muncit mai mult decât anul acesta.) He said he would buy a car if he had money. un timp „future" Teoretic se poate folosi orice timp cerut de sens. 2. Ex.actrus. o formulare 12/15/04 http://quintet. The teacher told the pupils water boils at 100 oC. (Am ajuns acasa dupa ce incetase ploaia. 3. Profesorul le-a spus elevilor ca apa fierbe la 100 oC.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR
Page 2 of 5
LECTIA II CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR Concordanta timpurilor se aplica. Se poate intâlni. când propozitia secundara exprima un adevar general valabil. Future-in-the-Past se poate folosi numai o singura data. Ea consta in aceea ca folosirea unui anumit timp in propozitia principala obliga la folosirea unui timp adecvat in propozitia secundara. Last year I worked more than I have done this year. Ex. de exemplu. (El a spus ca va cumpara o masina daca va avea bani.) Exceptii de la concordanta timpurilor 1. (El a spus ca va veni sa ma vada dupa ce va termina lucrul. se poate observa uneori o oarecare tendinta de a nu se respecta concordanta timpurilor atunci când verbul din propozitia principala este la trecut.) He said he was going to school. Situatiile cel mai des intâlnite sunt urmatoarele: a. (Ea a spus ca uitase unde si-a pus ochelarii. Past Tense Continuous. He said he would come to see me when he had time. când propozitia secundara este atributiva.) b.) c) Past Tense – actiunea posterioara – Future-in-the-Past He said he would leave the next day. Când propozitia secundara este comparativa.) I will have finished studying when you come home. cu exceptia propozitii temporale sau conditionale. Ce inseamna „un timp adecvat" se va vedea in continuare.) Nota 2: Daca intr-o fraza exista doua propozitii secundare cu I will read this book when I have time.) b) Past Tense – actiune anterioara – Past Perfect He said he had returned home a week before. (Voi fi terminat de studiat când vei veni tu acasa.) She promised her mother she would help her. desigur.) 1. a) Past Tense – actiune simultana – Past Tense He said he was ill. se poate folosi Past Perfect in mod repetat. Present Tense Continuous. (Voi merge in Anglia dupa ce voi obtine viza. care nu pot include un verb la viitor. Ex.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2. un timp „past" Past Tense Simple. Future – actiune simultana – Present
2. Future – actiune anterioara – Present Perfect I will go to England after I have received a visa. The book I am reading now was given to me by my brother.
5. We all believed he (win) the competition. 8. After I (hear) the news. I wasn’t aware German (be) such a difficult language. 2. 7. având in vedere simultaneitatea actiunilor din propozitia principala si cea secundara: 1. Last night I (read) the book which you (read) now. we (dig) in the garden for an hour. I will come as soon as I (finish) my work. By the time you (finish) translating the text. 11. 5. tinând seama de exceptiile de la concordanta timpurilor: 1. 3. He realized he (not remember) John’s phone number. I understood you (be) a painter. He believed the strike (end) very soon. When I arrived. I will never forget what you just (tell ) me.
6. You won’t be able to speak about this book till you (read) it. we supposed prices (go up). I was not sure if you (speak) English. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect (Past Tense Simple sau Continuous). Last night I met the couple who soon (move) next door to me. He didn’t admit that he (steal) the book. 6. cu timpul. 9. I will do it when I (want) to. not before. As wages had gone up. 7. When you asked me where I (spend) my holidays. 9. too. 8. 8. the Romanians travelled less than they (do) this year. 3. The book I (read) in the last few days was lent to me by John. When we (go) to see them last night. Este posibil ca ceea ce apare acum ca tendinta. When he finally reached London. He told me he never (see) the sea. When their first baby (be born). I was not sure I (remain) at home that evening. It was clear they (talk) business again. 2. They (know) each other for a long time before they finally got married. 2. 15. 10.actrus. You didn’t tell me you (have to) type this report. He asked me if I usually (read) that newspaper. 6. they will have been married for five years. You will be surprised when you (see) how well she (look). 7. When I (finish) the book. He hoped he (finish) reading the book in two days. Last year you spoke English less fluently than you (do) now. 6. 8.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2. 7. He promised he (drive) me home. 6. sfatuim pe vorbitorii români de limba engleza sa respecte regulile de concordanta a timpurilor asa cum sunt prezentate mai sus. 4. 18. When I heard the main actor was ill. Last year I earned more money than I (earn) in the next five years. you will feel better. 10. 5. tinând seama de relatia de anterioritate exprimata de verbul din propozitia principala sau din cea secundara: 1. 16. 9. I will go on playing the piano till he (tell) me to stop. 6. You will be surprised when you (see) how much she (change). având in vedere faptul ca propozitia secundara exprima o actiune posterioara celei din principala: 1. 2. 10. 4. 5. 12/15/04
http://quintet. He will write to me after he (arrive) in England. 19. 4. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future-in-the-Past.
5. I didn’t think that book to be a nice birthday present for you because I (read) it and I (not enjoy) it. Exercitii cu concordanta timpurilor
Page 3 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR 10.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR de tipul: „He said he loves me". 14. 13. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. he was tired because he (travel) for three days. She didn’t even say thank you after all I (do) for her. He told me hibernating animal (not eat) in winter. He was sure he (pass) the exam and he promised he (give) a party afterwards. 4. As soon as the holidays (begin). 6. 5. she will take a job as a secretary. Pentru moment insa. The teacher told the pupils what the capital of Mexico (be). 3. respectând toate regulile de concordanta a timpurilor. he will drive to Sinaia. We shall start dinner as soon as the guests (arrive). 4. I was sue the performance (be cancelled). I hoped it (not rain) when I (arrive) at the beach. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Present Simple sau Present Perfect Simple: 1. 3. 8. Your mother will be upset when she (notice) you (break) the vase. After you (drink) a coffee. 10.
1. He was in a hurry because he (want) to catch the train. 8. I will buy a car when I (have) enough money. After he (repair) the car. She told me his name after he (leave). I (not decide) yet. They didn’t know that I (play) football. When it started to rain. 20. I shall have typed all the letters.
1. I didn’t know at what temperature this metal (melt). Yesterday I bought a new umbrella because I (lose) my old one. 7. After she (learn) to type. In 1998.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2. 4. 3. Looking out of the window. 2. 9. I congratulated him.
1. 5. It is said that one Englishman will not speak to another before they (be) introduced. The train will have left before we (reach) the station. 2. 17. they were listening to music.actrus. they said they (listen to) music since 5 o’clock. I will lend it to you. sa ajunga regula.
Page 4 of 5
1. 9. I believed you (be) at the seaside. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect (Past Perfect Simple sau Continuous). the concert already (begin). 7. I found out that yoga (be) a very useful practice. I will pay my debts after I (receive) my salary. 3. this beach will become very crowded. she saw the sun (shine) brightly. They said they (remain) at the seaside for another week.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. You will get a shock when you (see) the mess in that room. precum si exceptiile: 1.html
12 of 42
. He just (leave) home when he came across John. I thought you soon (have) a holiday. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. 12.
actrus. 10.actrus. Nu am stat acasa sa te astept pentru ca nu stiam când vei veni. la care se adauga infinitivul prezent al verbului de conjugat. Page 1 of 5
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
9. Interogativ Should I go? Should we go? Would you go? Would you go? Would he/she/it go? Would they go? Se traduce cu conditionalul prezent din limba româna (as merge. After having visited Italy. You will never know how much I (suffer).
LECTIA III MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRAZELE CONDITIONALE Present Conditional (conditional prezent) Se formeaza cu should si would la persoana I si would la persoanele II si III. he (trust) his son and he (not expect) such a thing to happen. 13. Iti voi spune adevarul dupa ce il voi afla eu insami. Past Conditional (conditional trecut) Se traduce cu should/would la care se adauga infinitivul trecut (have + forma III a verbului de conjugat).ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2. Stiam ca esti in Bucuresti. Politistul ma va intreba ce am vazut in timpul accidentul. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. Masina pe cae o voi cumpara va fi importata din Germania. wouldn’t. 3. 20. we (drink) coffee and brandy. I did not know that you (wear) glasses since childhood. 8.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3.. 7. 6.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. 12.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR
Page 5 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. 9. 4. I-am promis ca ii voi scrie când voi ajunge la Londra. After we have finished dinner. He said he (have to) write down my address as he (not remember) it otherwise. A week ago. ai merge. 14. 15. Era foarte suparat ca isi pierduse dictionarul si nu era sigur ca va gasi unul nou in librarii. 5. He was very upset because I (be) late. ar merge etc. Afirmativ I should/would go We should/would go You would go You would go He/she/it would go They would not go Negativ I should/would not go We should/would not go You would not go You would not go He/she/it would not go They would not go Forme prescurtate: shouldn’t. M-a intrebat câte litere sunt in alfabetul chinez si nu am putut sa-I raspund. 10.). my friends told me there (be) many small houses and narrow streets in Padua. He discovered to his horror that he (eat) the worms in the cherries. Tata imi va da un cadou dupa ce voi lua examenul. I hoped the company where I (work) (not go) bankrupt. 12. 11. 2. Hotul nu si-a dat seama ca politia il urmarea de o saptamâna. Afirmativ I should/would have gone You would have gone He/she/it would have gone We should/would have gone You would have gone They would have gone Negativ I should/would not have gone You would not have gone
http://quintet. 18.. Nu mi-am amintit ca ne cunoscusem cu un an inainte. 17. 16. 19. Secretara mi-a spus ca directorul este ocupat.html
13 of 42
. I was surprised that his son (fail) the exam. 7. When I finally arrived home. he decided he (change) his job. I (be) very hungry because I (not eat) anything all day. He was very tired and he (hope) he (have) time to rest that afternoon. 11.
I won’t go shopping if you don’t come with me. 8. If I like the dress. tinând seama de faptul ca fraza conditionala este de tipul 1: 1. spune-I ca nu sunt acasa.) Tipul 2 Propozitia principala Propozitia secundara Present Conditional Subjonctiv cu forma de Past Tense I would go to the seaside if the weather were fine. 10. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect.. Page 2 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. If it (go on) raining. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. tinând seama de faptul ca fraza conditionala este de tipul 2: 1. daca sar intâmpla ca. – if he were here – were he here – if it had rained – had it rained – if he should come – should he come Exercitii cu fraze conditionale 1. I (greet) him.) Nota 1: Trebuie sa se tina seama ca subjonctivul folosit in propozitia secundara are forma lui Past Tense Simple la toate verbele. should se traduce cu: in caz ca. si in acest caz se inverseaza ordinea subiect – auxiliar. If I (know) his phone-number. should poate fi folosit in secundara la tipul 2 de fraza conditionala. you (be) late.).CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. in case.) I would have stayed at home if it had rained. Frazele conditionale (If-Clauses) Exista trei tipuri de fraze conditionale: Tipul 1 Propozitia principala Propozitia secundara Future Present I will go to the seaside if the weather is fine.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. cu exceptia verbului „to be". supposing. (As sta acasa daca ar ploua.. 2. 5. Ex.) Nota 2: – if poate fi inlocuit de provided (that).actrus. tell her I am out.
1. 2. In caz ca telefoneaza. were. you (not find) me at home. 7. you (not pass) the exam. 9. Nota 3: should + infinitiv poate fi folosit la tipul 1.
Ex. Page 3 of 5 He/she/it would not have gone We should/would not have gone You would not have gone They would not have gone Interogativ Should I have gone? Should we have gone? Would you have gone? Would you have gone? Would he/she/it have gone? Would they have gone? Se traduce cu conditionalul trecut din limba româna (as fi mers.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. In acest caz. I (lend) you the book if you promise to return it in time. in loc de Present Simple. If the police should find out the truth. we shall have floods. You (buy) this house if you had money?
http://quintet.. supposing he is late? (Ce vom face presupunând ca el intârzie?)
if not poate fi inlocuit cu unless I won’t go shopping unless you come with me. If I tell you something. I would ring him up.html
14 of 42
. (Voi merge la mare daca vremea va fi buna. ai fi mers. De asemenea. noi am fi amendati. If she finds out what has happened. este posibila omiterea lui if. dar improbabila.. had. If you don’t hurry. suppose. 4.) I will stay at home if it rains. should). Acest tip de secundara este adesea combinat cu imperativul. Ex. you (promise) to keep it a secret? Unless you study more. providing. (As merge la mare daca vremea ar fi buna. (As fi mers la mare daca vremea ar fi fost buna. If I see him. 3. ar fi mers etc. we would be fined. would you visit me? 3. What shall we do. If she should ring up.) I would stay at home if it rained.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. (As fi stat acasa daca ar fi plouat. unde se intâlneste forma „were" la toate persoanele. 6. (Voi sta acasa daca va ploua. I (buy) it. you will have to look after it. atunci când actiunea din secundara este posibila. If you (take) a dog. Unless you come at 6. (In caz ca politia ar afla adevarul/ Daca s-ar intâmpla ca politia sa afle adevarul. If I (move) to the country-side. she (be) very angry.) Nota 4: Atunci când if este urmat de un verb auxiliar (ex.actrus. Tipul 3 Propozitia principala Propozitia secundara Past Conditional Subjonctiv cu forma de Past Perfect I would have gone to the seaside if the weather had been fine.
If he had written a letter to me. you wouldn’t have an accident. 9. mi-ar fi fost frig. Ai prinde trenul daca ai lua un taxi. 4. 7. I wouldn’t have come with you in your car. 3.. Mamaia ar fi un loc ideal pentru o vacanta daca n-ar fi atât de multi oameni acolo. Were I in your place. Il vei vedea daca il vei astepta. strazile vor fi ude. he would never have known. voi mânca la un restaurant. I wouldn’t have come unless you (invite) me. you (read) Shakespeare in the original.
1. 10. Should he have a headache. 7. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. Te vei supara daca iti voi lua creionul? Te-ai supara daca ti-as lua creionul? Te-ai fi suparat daca ti-as fi luat creionul? Ce vei face daca il vei intâlni pe John? Ce-ai face daca l-ai intâlni pe John? Ce-ai fi facut daca l-ai fi intâlnit pe John?
http://quintet. If you (drive) more carefully. strazile ar fi ude. He (tell) you if you had asked him. 9.actrus. 5. 8. 9. 5. 6. Had I been at home. I would be nervous. 6. 2. Vei prinde trenul daca vei lua un taxi. 3. I (not make) so many mistakes in my translation. 2. If I won the lottery. strazile ar fi fost ude. If he (realize) it was so late. As mai croseta un pulover daca as mai avea lâna.. 3. 8. Daca va ploua..
1. 7. 4. If you had taken my advice. Daca un cersetor ti-ar cere bani. 3. 10. 11. 10. It (be) better if you had waited. 9. Daca ar ploua. Had I learned English grammar. 2. If I (know) you had no driving licence. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. I (answer) it. Dacaar fi plouat. 10. he (not make) so many mistakes. 8. Where you (go) if you had a holiday? 1. If you had known English. Mi-ar placea mai mult piesa daca ar fi mai scurta. Page 4 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. You (be) sick if you eat so much.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. he (take) a pill. 7. Voi fi dezamagit daca nu voi afla adevarul. 5. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. you (not get) into trouble. 10. 8.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. Daca n-ai fi inchis fereastra. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. he (get) a bar of chocolate. tinând seama ca se poate intâlni oricare dintre cele 3 tipuri de fraze conditionale: 1. 12. Daca cina nu va fi gata la timp. If I (work) harder.html
15 of 42
. He would have been arrested if he (try) to leave the country. I (answer) your question if I can.
1. I (answer) the phone. I would speak to him. I (not do) this. I (buy) a car. I-ai da? Ce s-ar fi intâmplat daca ai fi condus cu viteza mare? Nu vom merge la plimbare daca nu va sta ploaia. If I (see) him. tinând seama de faptul ca fraza conditionala este de tipul 3: 1. 5. 6. 6.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. If the child is good. he would have gone home. 5. Ai fi prins trenul daca ai fi luat un taxi.actrus. What would you do if you (be) Prime Minister? If I (give up) smoking. 9. I would have succeeded. If he were more careful. He will be at the airport in time if he (leave) now. 4. I would go home immediately. Page 5 of 5 4. If I (be) you.. 7. If I (not tell) him. 6.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. 4. 2. 8.
today that day yesterday the day before/the previous day http://quintet. He said: „I am going to do this traslation tomorrow".ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. Se schimba o serie de cuvinte in functie de sens. 1. He said he was ill.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. 3.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4.. Page 2 of 5
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
the day before yesterday two days before tomorrow the next day/the following day the day after tomorrow in two days’ time next week the next/the following week two years ago two years before now then this that these those here there Ex. Ex. could."
Ex. Afirmatii: cu that (care se poate omite)
Ex." He said if it had rained he would have stayed at home. He said she had given him a book. in propozitia secundara se schimba timpurile dupa cum urmeaza: Present past Present perfect past perfect Past past perfect Future future-in-the-past
tipul 1 devine tipul 2: "If it rains. Ex. Pentru a trece o propozitie de la vorbirea directa la vorbirea indirecta.."
tipurile 2 si 3 nu se schimba: "If it rained.actrus. I will stay at home. He said he had been working hard. Modalitati de introducere a propozitiilor secundare in vorbirea indirecta 1. in functie de sens. Verbele modale would. Page 1 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. He said if it rained he would stay at home.html
16 of 42
. should. He said: „I might be late" He said he might be late. He said if itrained he would stay at home. He said he had been ill. Atunci când verbul din propozitia principala este la trecut. à He said he was going to do that translation the next day.. He said „I was ill". He said: „She gave me a book".actrus. He said: „I’ll be at home today". He said „I will do the exercise". trebuie respectate o serie de reguli.. Se schimba pronumele. – He said „I am ill". might ramân neschimbate la vorbirea indirecta.
¡ ¡ ¡
He said „I have been working hard. ought to. 2. I would have stayed at home. I would stay at home. ceea ce se intâmpla in majoritatea cazurilor. "If it had rained. He said he would do the exercise. 1. Frazele conditionale sunt trecute la vorbirea indirecta in modul urmator:
LECTIA IV VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRECTA Vorbirea directa: John said: „She is not at home" Vorbirea indirecta: John said she was not at home.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. à He said he would be at home on that day.
4. I am going to have a nap this afternoon. John left for Sinaia two days ago. If I have enough money. He asked me: „What is the time?" Corect: He asked me what the time was. à He said (that) he was ill. 6. 11.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. Page 4 of 5 trecut) Model: He said: „Come in!" He told (asked. please? 4. 4. I went to England two years ago. please! Read the text. Intrebari Exista doua tipuri de intrebari: generale si speciale. ceea ce este o greseala. 2. 10. Will you help me. 1. Ex. 12. He said „Go out". 1. 5. 3. 10. 4. Page 3 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. Intrebarile generale se introduc cu if sau whether (daca). I am very busy today. Comenzi: cu infinitivul (afirmativ sau negativ) Ex. 6. Incorect: He asked me what was the time. 7. Ex. please! Write me a letter when you get to England! Don’t cross the street on a red light! Be careful with my books! Don’t smoke so much! Take this pill! Don’t interrupt me when I am speaking! Ring me up when you arrive home! 3.. He said: „I am ill".. He said (that) he would leave for London the next day. 7. Where have you been? I’ve been away. 8. 8. please? Can you come to tea this afternoon? Has the train left? Do you know what this word means? Was your mother at home? Did you buy this book yesterday? Did you drink coffee every day? Were you at the library yesterday? Do you live in London for a long time? Can you speak English? Would you like a cake? Could you lend me a book. 2. ordered) me to come in. à He told me to go out. 1. 2. I don’t remember where I have bought this dictionary.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE.. 9. In cazul intrebarilor speciale trecute la vorbirea indirecta.actrus. Ex. on holiday. Treceti urmatoarele comenzi la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la
http://quintet. 3. Ex. 11. Exercitii cu vorbirea directa si vorbirea indirecta 1. He asked me if I liked music. 2. 3. 5. 12.html
17 of 42
. 5. Treceti urmatoarele intrebari generale la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la trecut): Model: „Will you be at home tomorrow?" He asked me if I would be at home the next day. 9. 6. I would have answered the phone. exista tentatia de a folosi ordinea cuvintelor din propozitiile interogative. 4. trebuie acordata atentie ordinei cuvintelor din propozitia secundara. How long have you been learning English? What are you going to do tomorrow? How long does it take you to reach your office? When will you be back?
Ex. iar raspunsul poate fi da sau nu. Intrebarile generale sunt cele care incep cu un verb. 10.actrus. 3. I will go shopping right now. Treceti urmatoarele afirmatii de la vorbirea directa la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la trecut): Model: He said „I will leave for London tomorrow". 3. Treceti urmatoarele intrebari speciale la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la trecut): Model: He said: „When did you come back?" He asked me when I had come back. Intrebarile speciale se introduc cu cuvântul interogativ respectiv.. Last year I spent my holiday at the seaside. Don’t drive so fast! Open the door.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. He asked me where I had been. 2. The weather was fine yesterday. I will buy a car next year. 7. He said „Don’t go out" à He told me not to go out. 9. 8. I saw this film a week ago. 1. 2. If I had been at home. Intrucât aceasta propozitie incepe cu un cuvânt interogativ. I think it’s going to rain tomorrow.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4.
in unele cazuri. Pasiv: The child was looked after (by her).. Ex. 10. Desigur. I was asked. Complement direct à Subiect A book was given to him. 5.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. In aceste situatii. 12/15/04
http://quintet. punctuality este un complement prepozitional. In limba engleza. Someone has found the missing child. la care se adauga forma III (participiul trecut) a verbului de conjugat. Unde complementul direct este a book. Activ: I gave him a book. 8.actrus. In this office punctuality is insisted on. pasivul se foloseste atunci când nu este important cine face actiunea. 4. Ex.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_5. subiectul va fi trecut la cazul nominativ. Where will you spend your weekend? Who is this man? Why is it so dark in this room? When did the rain stop? Which of these cakes do you prefer? How did you travel?
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 3
LECTIA V Pasivul se formeaza conjugând verbul to be la timpul cerut de sens. complementul indirect si. He has found your bag. (by me) Complement indirect à Subiect He was given a book. Activ: Directorul m-a chemat pe mine.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. iar complementul indirect este him. 7. se omite formularea by. (by me) In propozitia: In this office they insist on punctuality. I have been asked. 3. Activ: She looked after the child. In multe cazuri. I will be asked. 2.. my flat was being painted. While I am in hospital. care.html
18 of 42
. exista trei tipuri de complemente care pot deveni subiect in transformarea de la activ la pasiv: complementul direct. 6. I will invite my friend to a party. Exercitii cu diateza pasiva 1. I am asked. de asemenea. Page 5 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/DIATEZA PASIVA 5. While I was in hospital. Nota: Se poate folosit aspectul continuu al diatezei pasive numai la Present Tense si Past Tense. my flat is being painted. 9. Ex. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la diateza pasiva: 1. Un alt exemplu de complement prepozitional care poate deveni subiect. Pasiv: Eu am fost chemat de director. Ex. In limba româna.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. They will finish the work today. poate deveni subiect in cazul folosirii diatezei pasive: In this office punctuality is insisted on (by them). trecerea de la diateza activa la diateza pasiva se face prin transformarea complementului direct in subiect. A specialist will repair my TV set.actrus. de la sfârsitul propozitiei. Ambele complemente pot deveni subiecte in cazul trecerii la pasiv. Ex. complementul prepozitional. I had been asked.
6. 9. 4. Gasiti subiecte acolo unde este necesar:
1. Nu s-a auzit nimic despre el de când a plecat la Constanta. 7. This house has been built out of stone and cement. 9. 9.
The doctor prescribed some pills to the patient. 6.
Page 2 of 3 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/DIATEZA PASIVA 3. I have lent John two of my books. 8. This painting is admired by all the visitors of the museum. 2. I was recommended a very good doctor. Aceasta informatie treuie tratata confidential. We laughed at John. 9. 3. 5. when I passed by.actrus.
They didn’t look after the children properly. We couldn’t account for his odd behaviour. 4. 6. 15.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_5. 2. 4. Don’t speak until someone speaks to you.
Page 3 of 3
His coworkers must do something for him. transformând atât complementul direct cât si cel indirect in subiecte:
1. 8. 8. The policeman will show us the way. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la diateza pasiva in doua feluri. The teacher asked me a difficult question. 6. 10. 10. 4. 13. 8. The noise frightened me. English is spoken all over the world. Ni se vor da instructiuni detaliate in privinta referatului. 10. People play football all over the world. The guide showed the museum to the tourists. 2. Treceti la pasiv urmatoarele propozitii care cuprind combinatii verb+prepozitie:
1. Ni s-a cerut sa aratam pasapoartele. A reception was held in his honour.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/DIATEZA PASIVA 6. 5. 7. 3. My friend doesn’t always tell me the truth. 14.
Has someone repaired the TV set? Will you write the letter in ink? Haven’t they told you to be here at 6 o’clock? Did the tornado frighten you? Will someone tell him the details? Have you fed the dog? Did the sight of the accident shock him? Did they tell you about the meeting? Do you think they will turn down your request? Would you have finished your work sooner if your colleagues hadn’t interrupted you? 5. In acest hotel se vorbesc limbi straine. They will give me a reward. 3.actrus. 8. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_5. 7. 2. 11. 9. The jury awarded the Romanian film director the Great Prize. 5. 5. 7. Burglars broke into the house. Se construiesc multe blocuri noi in cartierul nostru. He hates being made fun of. Muzeul a fost inchis pentru reparatii. Sensurile cuvintelor noi trebuie cautate in dictionar. 9. Cursul profesorului a fost ascultat de toti studentii. We called for the doctor. Când a ajuns acasa si-a dat seama ca I se furase portofelul. 4. 10. 3. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii de la diateza pasiva la diateza activa. 7. 6. They were building a new supermarket in that district last month. The pupils will be told where to sit.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. 7. 8. These books mustn’t be taken away. This book will soon be forgotten. I teach them English. We objected to his proposal. 5. He hasn’t slept in his bed. They set fire to the shed.html
19 of 42
. America a fost descoperita la sfârsitul secolului al XV-lea. 4. Scrisoarea va fi pusa la posta cât mai curând posibil. 12. Acest timbru nu a fost bine lipit pe plic. Ni s-au spus lucruri foarte interesante la conferinta. 3. 2. Evenimentul a fost comentat de toate ziarele. 10. 6. 2.
http://quintet. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la diateza pasiva:
1. The climber was finally discovered by the rescue party. They are building a new house round the corner. They have given me a nice present.
May/Might – s-ar putea sa Ex.
Nu au toate timpurile. prezent.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. Could you help me? Ai putea sa ma ajuti? Pentru conditionalul trecut se foloseste could + infinitivul trecut Ex. http://quintet. Can’t/couldn’t – nu se poate sa. He can speak English.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. I can make this traslation. Arata o anumita abilitate fizica sau intelectuala. S-ar putea sa fie acasa acum. mayn’t Interogativ: May I? May you? May = infinitiv. Telefoneaza-I lui John.
Page 2 of 10
LECTIA VI VERBELE MODALE Can. Am putut/mi s-a permis sa fumez in camera aceea. prezent Cu acest sens exista timpul might care reda ideea de trecut. I cannot (can’t) make this translation. ought to. May 1. Father. He cannot (can’t) speak English. can poate fi folosit cu sensul lui may de „a avea permisiunea". He may/might be at home now. He is abroad. Can is a model verb. are sensul de a putea. I haven’t been able to ring you up this week.
Ex. In vorbirea familiara. shall. may. you may. must. poti. Can you make this translation? Could=Past Tense. May I smoke in this room? Pot/am permisiunea sa fumez in aceasta camera? Yes. prezent Negativ: cannot. Pentru celelalte timpuri se folosesc inlocuitorii: to be allowed to. to be permitted to. Ex. The sun hasn’t set yet. N-am putut sa vin la tine ieri. Pentru a reda ideea de trecut cu acest sens. Ex.) Cu acest sens. are sensul de a putea. It may/might rain. timpurile se folosesc ca la punctul 1 (could pentru Past Tense si conditionalul prezent.) Negativ: may not.). might.) I can speak English. I can do this.)
3. Soarele nu a apus inca. Se folosesc inlocuitori. Se traduce cu a sti sa. dar se foloseste numai dupa un alt verb la trecut (vorbire indirecta). (Stiu sa inot. s-ar putea sa ploua. inlocuitorul to be able to pentru celelalte timpuri.
Ex. pot/am permisiunea sa iau masina ta? 4. Can = infinitiv. would. He said I might smoke in that room. will. Voi putea/mi se va permite sa fumez in camera aceea. (Vreau sa fac aceasta. should.actrus.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Voi putea veni la tine mâine. Ex. I was allowed/permitted to smoke in that room. I will be able to come to you tomorrow. Caracteristici generale
Nu primesc to inaintea lor si dupa ele:
Ex. conditional prezent al verbului can Negativ: could not (couldn’t) Interogativ: Could I ? Could you? etc. I can swim. Ex.) Spre deosebire de: I want to do this. You can’t/couldn’t have seen John in the street. Ex. (Pot sa fac aceasta. N-am putut sa-ti telefonez saptamâna aceasta.
Nu formeaza negativul si interogativul cu „to do". Nu se poate sa-l fi vazut pe John pe strada. can’t Ex. I couldn’t come to you yesterday. need.actrus. 2. 2. I will be allowed/permitted to smoke in that room. Ex. He could have been here in time. a avea permisiunea Ex. can I take your car? Tata. nu e posibil sa. (Da. I will tbe able to drive a car after I have taken a few lessons. Interogativ: Can I? Can you? etc. Ar fi putut sa fie aici in timp. Ex.
Nu primesc s la persoana III singular. (Stiu sa vorbesc engleza.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. Take your umbrella. a fi in stare Ex. It can’t/couldn’t be 9 o’clock. Ring up John. could. Voi sti sa conduc masina dupa ce voi lua câteva lectii. Pentru celelalte timpuri se foloseste inlocuitorul to be able to. Ex. Nu se poate sa fie ora 9. Ex. Can
1. Ia-ti umbrela. El e in strainatate. Ex. se foloseste infinitivul trecut.html
20 of 42
Shall Folosit cu persoana I. ideea de trecut se reda prin adaugarea infinitivului trecut. Se traduc cu: ar trebui sa. Ex. Negativ: must not. Ex. Ex. I will have to finish the translation tomorrow. Ex. o recomandare. It’s got late. Nu e nevoie sa conduci atât de repede. interogativ. you needn’t. Profesorul ne-a spus ca e prea usor pentru noi. Let’s go home. N-ai vazut ca urma sa ploua?
Daca actiunea nu era necesara si nu a fost facuta. poate avea sensul probabil ca: Ex. need se foloseste numai la interogativ si negativ. shall indica viitorul. Nu ar fi trebuit sa fii atât de nepoliticos cu el. Ex. I had to finish the traslation yesterday. You needn’t drive so fast. Ex. He doesn’t need this book. Pentru redarea ideii de trecut. Ex. Need I be here at one o’clock? E nevoie sa fiu aici la ora 1? No. se adauga infinitivul trecut.actrus. You mustn’t drive so fast. Ai fi putut sa imi scrii o scrisoare când erai in Anglia. cu sensul de a fi nevoie
http://quintet. A trebuit sa termin traducerea ieri. Nu trebuie sa conduci atât de repede. Probabil ca era târziu. Ar trebui sa o ajuti pe mama ta la treburile casei. se foloseste needn’t + infinitivul trecut. Must
Page 3 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Ca verb modal. solicitarea unui sfat. De asemenea. Ex. May/might pot exprima un repros. Nu a fost nevoie sa facem acest exercitiu. Nota: Nu trebuie confundat need not cu must not. mustn’t Interogativ: Must I? Must you? Must = infinitiv. Let’s call on him. You should not/ought not to have been so rude to him. Ought to Ambele verbe indica o actiune corecta. Pentru a reda ideea de trecut.
1. Which dress shall I buy? Ce rochie sa cumpar? Shall I wait for you? Sa te astept?
To need: verb obisnuit. Probabil ca e târziu. notional. Ai putea sa ma ajuti când sunt la nevoie. se foloseste verbul must. cu sensul de a avea nevoie
Ex. Must not se traduce cu „nu trebuie". aici e limita de viteza. we have enough time. trebuie!) Pentru exprimarea ideii de trecut a verbului need. ideea de trecut este redata prin adaugarea infinitivului trecut. 2.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. de asemenea.
Need: verb modal. Ex. Why didn’t you take your coat? You may/might have caught a cold. Hai sa-l vizitam. The teacher told us it was too easy for us. Ex. You may/might help me when I am in need. 3. to have to formeaza interogativul si negativul cu ajutorul auxiliarului to do. I must go home. Probabil ca John e acasa acum. Cu acest sens. S-a facut târziu. It must have been late. It must be late. nu e nevoie.actrus. Need not se traduce cu „nu e nevoie". A trebui Ex. De ce nu ti-ai luat haina? S-ar fi putut sa racesti.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. ar fi cazul sa. se adauga infinitivul trecut. You should/ought to help your mother with housework. Should. Ex. We didn’t need to do this exercise.html
21 of 42
. Need Exista doua verbe:
Ex. Need I be here at one o’clock? Yes. you must! (Da. I was asleep when you arrived home last night. Hai sa mergem acasa. John must be at home now. Trebuie sa plec acasa. Pentru a raspunde afirmativ la intrebarea de mai sus. se foloseste didn’t need + infinitivul
Ex. Nu. You needn’t have watered the flowers. Va trebui sa termin traducerea mâine. ar fi bine sa. avem destul timp.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Cu acest sens. o obligatie morala. I didn’t have to finish the translation yesterday. prezent Nu are alte timpuri. Ex. Couldn’t you see it was going to rain? Nu era nevoie sa uzi florile. Se foloseste inlocuitorul to have to. You might have written me a letter when you were in England. El nu are nevoie de aceasta carte. there is a speed limit here. o oferta sau o sugestie. dar a fost facuta. poate indica.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. exista 2 posibilitati:
Page 4 of 10
Daca actiunea nu era necesara. Eu dormeam când ai venit tu aseara. Trebuie mentionat faptul ca inlocuitorul lui must. Folosit cu persoana I.
shall poate arata o promisiune. o obligatie sau o amenintare care provin de la cel care vorbeste. 9. 2.actrus. Aceasta fata seamana foarte bine cu Jane. John could be a winner. 4. Se poate folosi cu infinitivul trecut: He will have reached Paris by now.html
22 of 42
. 6. Mama spune copilului: Nu vei mai primi nici un ban de buzunar daca nu vei lua examenul.in perioada prezenta My mother will sit for hours watching TV. 12/15/04
Presupunere: se traduce in limba româna cu o fi. 4. cerere politicoasa:
Will you/would you sit down? Will you/would you help me with my translation.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. 20. 17. When I was a child.
1. Mother to child: You shall have a bicycle if you pass the exam. acolo unde este necesar: 1. 18. Mama spune copilului: Vei avea o bicicleta daca vei lua examenul. He may be at home. You may not smoke in this room. 19. Un alt verb semi-modal este dare (a indrazni) care se conjuga la afirmativ ca un verb obisnuit. 19. Mama mea obisnuieste sa stea ore intregi privind la televizor. Acest copil nu vrea sa faca ce-I spun. 11. You may not speak to your mother like that. Will. 16. He needn’t buy milk. 8. O fi ajuns la Paris pâna acum. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la Past Tense Simple si Future Tense Simple. He can swim very well. care are numai forma de trecut. I must learn English. You might change your mind about that. He must be in the garden at this time of the day. 10.
Actiune repetata: .actrus. You needn’t do this. ideea de actiune repetata in trecut se poate exprima cu „used to". She can lend you that book. You can’t see a bear in this part of the country. 18. Can you help me? You mustn’t do this . 17. 5. Redati ideea de trecut in urmatoarele propozitii folosind infinitivul trecut in loc de infinitivul prezent: 1. He should go to school everyday. 9. 5. 14. It must be difficult to climb this mountain. Nota: In afara de „would". It can’t be too late. I cannot translate ten pages a day. Would
Formula de politete. She will be her sister. 3. 6. 12. It can’t be easy to learn Chinese.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. my mother would read me fairy tales.
This girl looks very much like Jane. O fi sora ei. mama obisnuia sa-mi citeasca povesti. there is plenty in the fridge. 14. I must go soon. He ought to tell me the truth. 15. He must be delayed at the office. You can’t be pleased with this piece of news. 13. Exercitii cu verbe modale 1. please?
A voi (cu sens extins la obiecte):
This child will/would not do what I say. 7. You should visit your sick friend in hospital. This child may have another cake. 10. You shouldn’t go to bed so late. I must look up the words in the dictionary. John must be ill. 8.
Page 6 of 10
Shall we meet at one o’clock? Sa ne intâlnim la ora 1? Folosit cu persoanele II si III. Când eram copil. She can play the piano very well. May I walk on the grass? He may not come in wearing dirty boots. You might pay more attention to your work. You may leave earlier. You might write to me more often. This radio won’t work. folosind inlocuitorii verbelor modale respective. 13. 2. 12. Ex. 3. Used to eate un verb semi-modal. 16. Must you be so rude? She can read and write at the age of five. 20.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE
Page 5 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE ca modal. 15.
in trecut When I was a child. 7. Ex. Mother to child: You shall not get any pocket-money if you don’t pass the exam.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. 11. Can Jane type very quickly? Can you speak Chinese? Everybody may borrow books from this library. in timp ce la interogativ si negativ se poate conjuga atât ca un verb obisnuit cât si
http://quintet. my mother used to read me fairy tales. It might rain.
Man …travel through space now. He …read for hours on end. 3. But one still …breathe without extra oxygen and one certainly …stay there very long.actrus. Perhaps it snowed in the mountains It may/might have snowed in the mountains. I don’t think the weather will change. I have bought his latest book. You … take an umbrella. You probably left your umbrella in the shop. …you tell me the truth. When we … fly there as easily as we fly to other countries of the world. He probably came home very early.actrus. 6. You probably knew the lesson very well to get a 10. 10. I’ll give you as much as you want. I don’t believe it is his fault. 7.html
23 of 42
. I don’t believe you were right. 8. I don’t think he is at the office so late at night. 4. holidays will be very different. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind may + infinitivul prezent sau infinitivul trecut: Model: Perhaps it snows in the mountains. 1. 8. Perhaps he has done the exercise correctly. You … worry about money. 6. 8. 5.
1. 2. You probably forgot to lock the door. It is possible for her to be very late. Completati spatiile goale cu shall sau will: 1. He … even drive on its surface. He was probably late. You can’t have been right. it will soon start raining. 2. 8. 10. 3. 8. 9. He …reach the Moon and walk there.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. 3. I think she was angry with you. perhaps it will rain. You can’t be right. I … return the books before the 1 st of September. Don’t wait. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind can’t + infinitivul prezent sau infinitivul
Page 8 of 10
1. He probably thinks I am wrong. It probably took a long time to finish this translation. I …hurry up in order not to miss the train. they are addictive. 1. 2. My child …play with the cat for hours on end. 3. please? He always made mistakes because he …never take any advice. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind must + infinitivul prezent sau infinitivul trecut: Model: He probably speaks English well. 3. 4. You …not eat so many sweets if you don’t want to get fat. 6. 9. 4. 5. I …read one book a day. You …not expect everybody to obey you. Completati spatiile goale cu can sau can’t:
Page 7 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE trecut: Model: I don’t believe you are right. 9.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. I …wear my hair long. 4. Perhaps she was out when you rang her up. 10. I don’t think this is a true story. I don’t believe that he has passed the exam. 4. 1. I don’t think you will miss the train if you hurry. 7. … you help me solve this problem? When I was young. You …make a noise or the baby will wake up. The visitors … feed the animals in the Zoo. 5. for once?
6. He must speak English well. 10.
1. 3. It may/might snow in the mountains. You …not go to bed so late at night. 5. 6. 5.
5. Completati spatiile goale cu mustn’t sau needn’t : 1. 4. perhaps it is a good one. You … take sleeping pills too often. 7. People … speak during the concert. 7. 7. One …buy a ticket for a slow train in advance. 5. Take your umbrella. A good knowledge of English is likely to help you a lot in your career. 9. When I was a teenager. I don’t believe she has married that awful man. You…water the flowers. I don’t believe she has got so fat. 6. You must have forgotten to lock the door. 2. 2. Perhaps she has returned the book to you and you have lent it to someone else. She is probably a very good doctor. It is possible that he was right but I don’t think so. I don’t believe it was his fault.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE 1. One … travel by bus without paying the fare. 1. He is probably older than he looks. but I doubt it.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. It is possible that I come home early. Completati spatiile goale cu should sau would: 1. This is probably the best Romanian film of the year. 2. The sky is clear. 9. …you be so kind and pass me the salt. I don’t believe she has learnt English in two months. 2. 10.
9. You have probably forgotten his address.
he is a very poor swimmer. 8. You …do this whether you like it or not. Va trebui sa plec curând. 5.actrus. If you win the contest. It …(rain) here.
Page 9 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE 7. 27. 25. 7. 22. 15. 10. please? This letter is full of mistakes. 21. Nu e nevoie sa-ti cari singura bagajul in gara. Probabil ca eram inca la facultate.
http://quintet. Nu era nevoie sa-mi faci cafea. 16. 9. Toti studentii pot si trebuie sa scrie aceasta lucrare. Unde mergem acum? Mâine va trebui sa pun scrisoarea la posta. E nevoie sa urcam la cabana pe jos? Nu. 4. I …(answer) the questions. 20. 23. She …write an article for this magazine every week. I promise you not …be disturbed. 1. This door … not unlock. sa astepti câteva minute? Nu aveti voie sa vorbiti in timpul examenului. 9. 10.html
24 of 42
. Ar fi trebuit sa insisti.
Page 10 of 10
10. Incercati sa gasiti un sens urmatorului dialog: "Do you think he will?" "I think he might. te-ar putea ajuta un hamal. Va trebui sa ma ajuti mai mult astazi. 24. Go to sleep. I …(leave) it on the bus. 29. you…get a nice present. 28. the road is dry. Toata lumea sa fie prezenta la sedinta. I …(buy) a new map of London as I already had one." "His family consider he should.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. Ti-am telefonat si nu a raspuns nimeni. 3. It …(take) you a long time to knit this dress. He …(swim) across the Danube. 9. You…(lend) him your text – book. 30. I …(see) him for that. I …(get up) so early today. I haven’t got my bag with me. folosind verbe modale sau inlocuitori ai acestora: 1. 3. I locked the door and took the key with me. Nu se poate sa fi gasit usa deschisa. Sunt sigur ca voi putea gasi timp sa te ajut. 11.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. The child … (leave) home. 4. am baut deja doua astazi. he was back soon. Nu a fost nevoie sa spun „multumesc" când am aflat ora exacta formând 958 intrucât stiam ca informatia e inregistrata pe banda. De ce ai vorbit atât de tare? Iti promit ca vei avea cartea mâine. The student …(write) such a long composition. 6. 8. 10. I am sorry you wasted your time. 18. which would have saved me a lot of work. 6. 12." "Yes. can’t sau needn’t + infinitivul trecut: 1. Stiam sa cânt la pian când eram copil. Vreti. You …(see) Anna yesterday. Nu se poate sa fi fost acasa aseara. You …(lend) him so many books. but he himself believes he needn’t. dar el nu a vrut sa vina la telefon. I didn’t hear the phone. He …(be) at home. We …(wait) too long. you …re-type it. but I forgot it was Sunday. 4.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. 2. 5. 2. o incuiasem chiar eu. He has one of his own." 1.Completati spatiile goale cu didn’t need to sau needn’t have + forma III a verbului: I …(answer) the questions. Am cerut sa vorbesc cu directorul. va rog. because the teacher won’t have time to read it all. 2. This …be John’s house. Nu a fost nevoie sa-I telefonez lui Jane ca sa vorbesc cu ea pentru ca urma sa vina la mine peste o jumatate de ora.
12. 8. 10. Trebuie sa-mi schimb pantofii când intru in casa pentru ca sunt plini de noroi. which was very convenient. putem lua autobuzul sau telefericul. 7.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE 3. 17. Profesorul mi-a spus ca pot sa lipsesc de la ora urmatoare. 8. You …(buy) so much bread. The light was on in his room. 26. I …(be) in the garden. 6. 9. 14. … you correct my exercise. 5. It’ll get stale. Nu stiu sa crosetez. Completati spatiile goale cu must. 3. She is away. I wrote him a letter. Ar fi trebuit sa citesc bibliografia pentru acest seminar. You …(wait) for me. he is a nice boy. 4. Traduceti in limba engleza. 11. 13. 7.actrus. John …(do) such a thing.
Ai putea sa-mi telefonezi mai des când stii ca sunt bolnav. Nu se poate ca profesorul sa fi fost multumit de acest raspuns. 6. 19. he will never read them all. 5. Ar trebui ca toti copiii sa faca treburi in casa.
E timpul sa mearga copilul la culcare. Este de dorit ca noi sa terminam intâi traducerea. a.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. ca echivalent de subjonctiv. Vorbesti engleza de parca ai fi englez. Nota: Verbul to be la subjonctivul du forma de Past Tense.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. Dupa constructii de tipul: it is impossible that. Somebody bring me a glass of water.
Daca dorinta se refera la un moment viitor.) Ex. Vorbesti engleza ca si cum ai fi trait in Anglia.
Ex. Poate fi folosit ca o modalitate de a da ordine. de parca) even if/even though (chiar daca) Ex. It is time the child went to bed. se foloseste would. a. Ex. ar fi inlocuit cu prezentul. Apare in propozitii exclamative. I wish (mi-as dori. Everybody leave the hall. Mi-as dori sa fiu in Anglia acum. may.html
25 of 42
. Ex.actrus. it is likely that. It is high time you began to study seriously. to demand. I wish it would stop raining. d. It is necessary that you be present. (Era de mult timpul. E necesar ca tu sa fii prezent. it is necessary that. God forgive you! Fie ca Domnul sa te ierte! Curse this fog! Blestemata fie aceasta ceata! b. El apare cu forme de infinitiv. If only I lived to be a hundred! Bine ar fi sa traiesc pâna la o suta de ani! c) As if/though (ca si cum. Era de mult timpul sa incepi sa studiezi serios. Subjonctiv cu forma de infinitiv a. It is desirable that we finish the translation first. Shakespeare: „If this be error"… If this is error Byron: „Though the hart be still as loving" …the heart is c. Am recomandat ca propunerea lui sa fie acceptata. Subjonctiv cu forma de Past Tense sau Past Perfect:
LECTIA VII MODUL SUBJONCTIV Apare dupa urmatoarele expresii: In engleza contemporana. Page 1 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. Come what may.. (E timpul. to recommend. d)It is time. It is impossible that he do this. o dorinta sau un blestem. to order Ex. I recommended that his proposal be accepted. it is desirable that.actrus.) It is high time. bine ar fi sa)
Daca dorinta se refera la momentul prezent. in engleza contemporana. Ex. exprimând o lozinca. e) Dupa verbe ca: to propose. I would sooner/rather (as prefera sa…) 12/15/04 http://quintet. Fie ce-o fi. would + infinitiv. 1. Long live the king! Traiasca regele. to urge. se foloseste subjonctivul cu forma de Past Tense.
Daca dorinta se refera la un moment anterior.
Ex. I wish I had been born in England. Mi-as dori sa ma fi nascut in Anglia. Poate fi intâlnit in poezia clasica.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. Ex. Cineva sa-mi aduca un pahar cu apa. 1. Mi-as dori sa inceteze ploaia. se foloseste subjonctivul cu forma de Past Perfect. Toata lumea sa paraseasca sala. Doctorul a insistat ca eu sa stau acasa. I wish I were in England now. You speak English as if you had lived in England. b) If only – are aproximativ acelasi sens cu I wish Ex.
Ex. exista echivalenti de subjonctiv care constau in verbele should.. You speak English as if you were an Englishman. might. to insist. subjonctivul nu are formele lui proprii. De asemenea. to suggest.. de Past Tense si de Past Perfect.html 12/15/04
http://quintet. apare ca were la toate persoanele. Page 2 of 8
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
The doctor insisted that I keep indoors.. o urare. Este imposibil ca el sa faca aceasta. in situatii in care.
Este posibil ca el sa ajunga aici la timp. fie ca se foloseste should ca echivalent de subjonctiv. Nota: In engleza contemporana exista tendinta de a se omite should dupa lest si de a se folosi subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv. persoana care isi exprima preferinta este diferita de cea care face actiunea.
De unde sa stiu unde este el acum? I don’t see why you should be so rude to him. whatever sau dupa formulele echivalente no matter who.
Ex. Whoever you may/might be.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. se poate folosi fie subjonctivul cu forma de Past Tense. it was possible
Ex. Page 4 of 8 Ex. Echivalenti de subjonctiv a. whenever. however. in order that
De asemenea. Este imposibil ca el sa fi facut aceasta. verbele respective aduc in propozitie si sensul lor initial.
Ex. Page 3 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. Oricine ai fi. may. It is desirable that we should finish the translation first. iar daca verbul din propozitia principala este la timpul trecut.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. Grabeste-te ca nu cumva sa pierzi trenul. you have no right to do this. whichever. May success attend you! Fie ca succesul sa fie cu tine! May you live long and be happy! Fie sa traiesti mult si sa fii fericit.actrus. Era posibil ca el sa fi ajuns aici la timp. I recommend that his proposal should be accepted. Este vorba de cazul când propozitia secundara exprima o actiune anterioara celei din principala.
Ex. in secundara se foloseste might. fie in vorbirea indirecta. In cazul in care persoana care isi exprima preferinta este aceeasi cu cea care face actiunea. As prefera sa stai acasa in seara asta. The doctor insisted that I should stay indoors. Ex. Am invatat serios ca sa trec examenul. I am afraid lest he should fail the exam. It was possible that he might be here in time. fie in vorbirea direca. Ex. How should I know where he is now?
http://quintet. It is impossible that he should do this. it is necessary that. iti voi telefona. should – ca si subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv (1-d) se poate folosi dupa constructii de tipul: It is impossible that. nu ai dreptul sa faci asta. In exemplul de mai sus. 1.when. no matter when. Hurry up lest you miss the train. should poate aparea dupa verbe ca: to propose. I will ring you up. in secundara se foloseste may. fie ca se foloseste in limba engleza subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv.html
Dupa to hope. Dupa cum se observa.. I would sooner stay at home tonight. you have no right to do this. I would sooner you stayed at home tonight. Mi-era teama sa nu cada la examen. Exista o situatie in care nu se poate folosi subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv. in aceasta situatie should este urmat de infinitivul trecut. to suggest. I would sooner I stayed at home tonight. Nota: Dupa cum se poate observa. Mi-e teama ca nu cumva sa piarda examenul. to be afraid
Ex. Nu vad de ce sa fii atât de nepoliticos cu el. may poate aparea in lozinci si urari: Ex. wherever.. It is impossible that he should have done this. Hurry up lest you should miss the train. to recommend. I studied hard so that/in order that I might pass the exam. Acest tip de constructii se traduc la fel (vezi 1-d). It is necessary that you should be present. a.
Intrebari introduse prin how. etc.html
26 of 42
. la fel ca si subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv (vezi 1-e). Ex.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. where. Sper ca el sa treaca examenul. Wherever I may/might be. Dupa cum reiese din exemplele de mai sus. to urge. Exisa situatii când se pot folosi si alte verbe modale decât cele expuse in acest capitol ca echivalenti de subjonctiv. Ex.
Dupa so that. I was afraid that he might fail the exam.
Dupa conjunctia lest (ca nu cumva sa)
Ex.ci este necesara introducerea lui should. iar in aceste cazuri. I hope that he may pass the exam. why. might Ca si subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv. to demand. fie cel cu forma de infinitiv. echivalentii de subjonctiv sunt la origine verbe modale. Study hard so that/in order that you may pass the exam. Invata serios ca sa treci examenul.. daca verbul din propozitia principala este la timpul prezent. It is possible that he may be here in time.
Ex. to insist. Oriunde as fi..
Dupa whoever. No matter who you may/might be.
Dupa it is possible.
I would rather you (not waste) your time! I am cold. Page 5 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. 8. astfel incât sa inceapa cu I wish + Past Tense (afirmativ sau negativ): Model: I am sorry/I regret the weather isn’t fine. 5. I am sorry I had no money to buy that painting. 5. I regretted the weather was bad when I was on holiday. 2. 3.. If only I (be) in Italy now! I wish I (enter) the faculty last year. 11. 9. 16. If only my telephone (work)! I wish I (not catch) a cold on the trip yesterday. 3. I wish I hadn’t lost my umbrella. I am sorry it rains so often. 12. 11. I regret I won’t spend my holiday in England.. 10. I regret I can’t go to the concert. astfel incât sa inceapa cu I wish + would + infinitiv scurt: Model:
http://quintet. astfel incât sa inceapa cu I wish + Past Perfect (afirmativ sau negativ): Model: I am sorry I lost my umbrella. I am sorry he will be away for such a long time. It is high time you (start) studying for your exam. I regret I won’t be able to read Goethe in the original. Mi-as dori sa pot vorbi engleza/sa fiu in stare sa vorbesc engleza. 7.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. As prefera sa mergi la teatru. Transformati urmatoarele propozitii. 2. I am sorry you live so far away. I was sorry you were out when I called. 4. 4. As prefera sa merg la teatru. 7. 6. 2. 20. I would rather he (tell) me the truth. 3. I am sorry you had an accident. It’s high time he (take) a job and (stop) living on his parents. I regret I won’t have a phone in my new flat. Exercitii cu modul subjonctiv 1. It’s time we (go) home.
1. 9. If only I (not forget) his phone number! He wishes his book (become) a best-seller! If only I (become) a millionaire. I was sorry you had got a fine. I am sorry I can’t play the piano. 5. 4. 2. I wish I could speak English. I am sorry I was late for the party. Transformati urmatoarele propozitii. I would rather you (close) that window. I regret you won’t come on holiday with me. I wish I might borrow your car.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. Mi-as dori sa pot/sa am permisiunea de a imprumuta masina ta.html
27 of 42
.. 6. I am sorry I will get fat when giving up smoking. I’d rather I (stay) at home and (watch) TV. I am sorry I don’t live in Bucharest. 9. Page 6 of 8 Ex. 9. I am sorry books are so expensive. Don’t treat me as if I (be) a child. I am sorry he won’t accept my proposal. 14. I regret I have no children. 5. I regret you didn’t win the competition. Bine ar fi sa nu fi facut atâtea greseli la lucrarea de control.actrus. 6.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. 1. As prefera sa ma scol mai devreme. You behave as if you (own) the place. 10. 8. 3. I am sorry my friend is ill. 12/15/04
1. 6. 4. 10.. I would marry you even if you (be) a pauper.
5. I am sorry they will not sign the contract. 8. He would rather his daughter (not get married) so young. 15. 5. 1. 17. 3. 8. 1. 7. 19. He wishes he (have) a good English teacher in the next academic year. 10. I regret I am not a student. I wish he would take my advice. 2. 13. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de Past Tense sau Past Perfect: 1. Mi-as dori sa incetezi cu zgomotul acela chiar in acest moment. Puneti verbele din paranteze la forma corecta de subjonctiv: 1. 7. 9. am putea merge la plaja! Ti-ai dori sa fi fost invitata la petrecerea lui John? Ce pacat ca nu mai sunt tânar! As prefera sa te scoli mai devreme. Bine ar fi sa fii mai ordonata! Ce pacat ca ploua! Daca n-ar ploua. I am sorry you were delayed at the office. I wish the weather were fine. I regret he will stay in hospital so long. I am sorry I didn’t win the Great Prize.actrus. 10. I regretted you couldn’t come to me yesterday. 4. I regret I have only one child. Transformati urmatoarele propozitii. I am sorry you won’t take a driving licence. Mi-as dori sa incetezi sa te mai vaicaresti pentru ca am si eu necazurile mele. It’s time I (get) a promotion!
1. 8. 7. 18. I am sorry he will not take my advice.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. 6.
I have such a boring job. 9. I wish my car (not break down) last week. No matter how/however absent – minded you (be). 6.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. E ora 10! Nu crezi ca era demult timpul sa te scoli si sa te apuci de lucru? 15. 8. 6. you should remember your own phone number. Page 8 of 8 12. Este necesar sa fii informat despre ce se intâmpla in tara. Directorul a cerut ca toata lumea sa fie prezenta la ora 8. I wish I (find) another. Da-te la o parte ca sa vad (astfel incât sa pot vedea) ecranul.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. 8. Este foarte important ca acest contract sa fie semnat foarte curând.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. Era ciudat ca el sa nu fi citit aceasta carte. 18. 4. 10.actrus. 13. 11. Ea arata de parca ar fi manechin. nu te pot crede.. Este probabil ca fiul meu sa fi luat examenul.. 6. drive carefully lest you (have) an accident. la tara. Profesorul sugereaza ca noi sa citim aceasta carte. 12/15/04 http://quintet. Este imposibil ca el sa se intoarca atât de devreme. Este imposibil ca el sa se fi intors atât de devreme. 2. The road is wet. 3. El a intrat in casa fara zgomot. Oricât te-ai stradui. 17. Jane si-ar dori sa-mi petrec sfârsitul de saptamâna cu ea. 2. eu voi fi acasa si te voi astepta. 14. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv sau echivalentul de sobjonctiv should + infinitivul prezent sau trecut: 1. Orice mi-ai spune. All success (attend) you! I wish I (be) there when it happened. 7. I closed the window so that it (not get) too cold. Page 7 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. 3. 15.html 12/15/04
28 of 42
. Vrei sa spui ca este probabil sa ne petrecem concediul in Bucuresti? Este necesar sa fiu prezent la aceasta sedinta? 1. 20. I’ve told you everything so that you (understand) my position. 2.. nu ar fi trebuit sa crezi. Este important ca tu sa stii engleza bine. Vorbeste mai tare ca sa te aud (asfel incât sa te pot auzi). 6. 4. 7. She speaks about her son as if he (be) a genius. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv sau echivalentul de subjonctiv should + infinitivul prezent: 1. 5. 2. Am facut un imprumut ca sa (astfel incât sa) pot sa-mi cumpar casa.actrus. It is impossible that my sister (tell) this to you yesterday. 19. nu ar trebui sa ma minti. El a sugerat ca noi sa cumparam aceasta casa.
If only I (have) a brother or a sister!
7. I propose that we (leave) by the 9 o’clock train. Stiu ca tu ti-ai dori sa-ti petreci vacanta intr-o tabara. 5.. I’d rather you (retire) as soon as possible. Oricare ar fi motivul.
8. 13. I suggested that we (take) a taxi. 3. 10. 16. 16. E timpul sa-mi inapoiezi banii pe care ti I-am imprumutat. 14. El mi-a vorbit ca si cum nu se intâmplase nimic intre noi. I closed the window lest (get) too cold. The doctor recommended that the patient (have) an operation. Oricine ti-ar fi spus asta despre mine. 3. 6. Este enervant ca tu sa fi uitat sa-mi aduci cartea inapoi. Vorbesti ca si cum ai fi suparata pe mine. 17. Inlocuiti infinitivele din paranteze cu unul dintre tipurile de subjonctiv sau cu un echivalent de subjonctiv: 1. dar eu prefer sa mergi la bunicul. nu poti câstiga un astfel de concurs. Mama a hotarât ca noi sa stam acasa. Am sugerat sa-l alegem presedinte. 5. 4. Oricând te vei intoarce. Directorul a propus ca eu sa lucrez in alt sector. 9. 7. It is desirable that they (divorce) immediately. He throws money away as if he (be) a rich man. 18. I have to work hard so that my company (prosper). 10. Prietenul meu a insistat sa merg cu el la concert. 5. 19. It is strange that she (leave) the lights on when she left the town. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv sau echivalentul de subjonctiv may sau might + infinitivul prezent: 1. Era demult timpul sa incepi sa citesti cartile cerute pentru examenul de literatura româna. 8. Ea se poarta cu el de parca ar fi sotul ei. 8. 12. Este posibil ca ea sa fie plecata din oras. Insist ca tu sa accepti aceasta slujba. astfel incât sa nu-l aud eu. 4. 7. 9.
to say. to know. to know. He considered the news to be false. (L-am lasat sa iasa afara sa joace fotbal. to order.. Ex.. to understand. to believe. to expect. to suppose.actrus. I consider him to be a good student. to believe.. cu anumite verbe urmate de prepozitii obligatorii: to rely upon/on. Diateza activa
nedefinit: calling perfect: having called
a. to dislike. verbe exprimând perceptia senzoriala: to see.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. Infinitivul poate avea aspect.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. Verbele to make si to let sunt urmate de infinitivul scurt (fara to). el reprezinta forma a III-a:
to call – called – called to go – went – gone Constructii cu infinitivul
1. (L-am facut sa invete engleza.) e. a. Nominativ cu infinitiv Consta dintr-un subiect in nominativ + un verb la diateza pasiva sau activa + un verb la infinitiv. I rely on you to do this.) I want John to do this. to expect.actrus.) f. to feel. to suppose. I consider him to be a good student. Ex.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . (Vreau ca John sa faca aceasta.) I let him go out and play. Ex. I made him study English. (Ma bazez pe tine sa faci aceasta. verbe declarative: to state. (As vrea ca el sa vina cu mine. folosit cu verbe la diateza pasiva: to see. Diateza activa
¡ ¡ ¡ ¡
infinitiv prezent simplu: to call infinitiv prezent continuu: to be calling infinitiv perfect simplu: to have called infinitiv perfect continuu: to have been calling
infinitiv prezent simplu: to be called infinitiv perfect: to have been called
Forma -ing. in cazul verbelor neregulate.) Exista câteva tipuri de verbe care accepta acest tip de constructii: http://quintet.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. (M-am asteptat ca el sa vina la timp. to admit. (El a recunoscut ca stirile erau false. o permisiune sau o cauzalitate: to make.
nedefinit: being called perfect: having been called
Participiul trecut se formeaza prin adaugarea terminatiei -ed la verbele regulate.) He ordered the door to be locked. to cause.. He is said to be a good writer. He was made to study English. to consider. to wish. Aceste verbe sunt urmate de infinitivul scurt (fara to). I want you to go now. to count upon/on . verbe exprimând un ordin. Adverbe exprimând dorinta sau vointa: to want. Ex.) They declared him to be the man of the year. to hear.html
29 of 42
. to make. (El a ordonat sa se incuie usa.) 1. He is considered to be a good student. Page 1 of 6 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . diateza si timpuri.) b.) c. Ex.) d. I made him study English. I saw him leave the room. Ex.) Sunt situatii in care Nominativul cu Infinitivut exprima o formulare pasiva a Acuzativului cu Infinitiv: Ex. Participiul prezent si gerunziul pot avea timpuri si diateza. to consider. Acuzativ cu infinitiv Consta dintr-un verb urmat de un pronume sau substantiv in acuzativ + un verb la infinitiv. (Vreau ca tu sa pleci acum. Ex. to declare. to watch. I’d like him to come with me. He admitted the news to be false. verbe exprimând perceptia mentala: to think. forma -ing (gerunziul si participiul prezent) si participiul trecut. Atât participiul prezent cât si gerunziul se formeaza prin adaugarea terminatiei -ing la infinitivul verbelor (to call – calling). (Ei l-au declarat a fi omul anului. (L-am vazut ca paraseste camera/parasind camera. (Se spune ca el este un bun scriitor. to allow. Ex. to like. (Consider ca el este un bun student. to hate. Page 2 of 6
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
LECTIA VIII MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI CONSTRUCTIILE VERBALE In limba engleza. modurile nepersonale sunt urmatoarele: infinitivul. to hear.) I expected him to come in time.
(Aceasta ramâne sa o decida el. Ex. a. M-am asteptat sa vii mai devreme.) I heard her singing.) Nota: Trebuie remarcat faptul ca expresia impersonala din limba româna se intâmpla sa este. I saw him leaving (L-am vazut plecând. In timp ce I saw her leaving se poate traduce numai Am vazut-o plecând. cu expresiile: to be sure / likely / unlikely / certain Ex. It is easy for me to do this. Este de asemenea sa apara situatii in care actiunea exprimata de participiul trecut este facuta de altcineva in detrimentul persoanei exprimate de subiect.) Constructie cu participiul trecut Este formata din verbul to have sau to get + un complement + participiul trecut.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8.) Nota: Din nou avem in limba engleza o expresie personala care se traduce in româneste cu o expresie impersonala. (El s-a dovedit a fi un bun jurnalist. vom merge la plaja. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind constructia Acuzativ cu Infinitiv sau Acuzativ cu Participiu: 1. (E sigur ca ea va veni la timp.html 12/15/04
http://quintet.. For – phrase Consta din propozitia for + un substantiv sau pronume in acuzativ + un verb la infinitiv. Ex. They declared him to be the man of the year.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. (Este necesar ca eu sa merg acolo. I-au fost ucisi doi fii in razboi.. He was declared to be the man of the year. Ex: The classes being over. to watch.) I left / found her crying.. Page 3 of 6 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . in timp ce acuzativul cu participiu arata actiunea in desfasurare.) I happened to meet him in the street. tradusa cu o expresie personala in limba engleza.html
30 of 42
. Nominativ cu Participiu Este pasivul constructiei Acuzativ cu Participiu: Ex: He was seen leaving.) She was heard singing. am mers acasa. Ex.) Aceasta constructie arata ca actiunea este facuta de catre altcineva spre avantajul sau la ordinul persoanei reprezentate de subiect. (Trebuie sa-mi dau pantofii la reparat. Constructii cu participiul prezent 1. Page 4 of 6 The news was considered to be false. we shall go to the beach. to appear
la diateza activa:
Ex. (E usor sa fac asta. (El a fost vazut plecând. She is sure to come in time. to
smell. Cineva mi-a spart geamul din dormitor. (Daca vremea va permite. (Voi merge sa ma coafez.actrus. Acuzativ cu participiu Se foloseste cu verbe exprimând perceptie senzorial: to see. Exercitii cu constructiile verbale 1.) Weather permitting. (Ea a fost auzita cântând. de obicei. Nominativul absolut Este o constructie participiala care are un subiect al ei propriu.) I will have my hair done. b. Ex.) If I happen to meet him.) It is impossible for him to come. 1. to turn out. I had my bedroom window broken.) It is necessary for me to go there. to hear.actrus. It is necessary that I (should) go there.) Nota: Ultimele doua propozitii se se pot reda in limba engleza si cu ajutorul subjonctivului. ii voi spune unde esti. (Este imposibil ca el sa vina. to leave. Daca vrem sa traducem expresia personala: „Ea e sigura ca va veni la timp" o redam in modul urmator: „She is sure the she will come in time". Diferenta de sens intre cele doua constructii este urmatoarea: folosirea acuzativului cu infinitiv pune accentul pe actiunea propriu-zisa. (Am lasat-o / gasit-o plângând. She had two sons killed in the war. It is impossible that I (should) come. He proved to be a good journalist. 12/15/04 http://quintet. (Orele fiind terminate. (Am auzit-o cântând. 2. (Daca se va intâmpla sa-l intâlnesc.. I will tell him where you are.) This remains for him to decide. we went home. Astfel: I saw her leave s-ar putea traduce Am vazut-o ca pleaca sau Am vazut-o plecând. (S-a intâmplat sa-l intâlnesc pe strada. to seem. to prove.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . Ex: I must have/get mz shoes repaired.) 3. cu verbele: to happen.) In cazul verbelor de perceptie. precum si cu verbele to find. aceasta constructie este asemanatoare cu Acuzativul cu Infinitiv.
12/15/04 http://quintet. 6. 13. This is a valuable piece of advice. El m-a facut sa pierd trenul. I saw the plane landing. Page 6 of 6 2. 2. 10. 9. 9. 9. 12. 1. I found her digging in the garden. we hurried to the beach. 3. 5. I cam make it. 5. I thought she was unable to win the contest. I could hear her typing. It is possible that I might buy a car. Folositi drept subiect pronumele subliniate: Model: Her parents thought she was a gifted child. The sun having risen. 6. It is sure they have had an argument. 9. I didn’t want her to miss the train. This is the main thing. I-am privit jucând fotbal. 6. 5. It is necessary that you should study the matter seriously. 7. the audience left the hali. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind constructia „for-phrase": Model: This translation is easy. This problem is too difficult. 8. 5. 4. 4. It was proved that she was a liar. It is impossible that he should have said that. It is possible that the plane might be delayed.
http://quintet. John a recunoscut ca vina era a lui.actrus. We should have a heart to heart talk. You should read it. I went to post it. 4. 1. Everybody. This fact is important. 4. This translation is easy for me to make. Ea m-a facut sa inteleg ce se intâmplase. 3. She heard the baby crying. Cred ca el e un sot bun. we sat down to dinner. It’s time you started learning foreign languages. 15. Am vazut câtiva copii jucându-se in parc. El voia ca eu sa-l ajut. Weather permitting. It’s time we met again. 7. The people were impatient. 2. 7.. Reformulati urmatoarele fraze cu modul subjonctiv folosind constructia Nominativ cu Infinitiv. You should bear it in mind. 2. 3. The mud having ruined my shoes. we were seared about having floods.
2. We should do it now. 4. I can’t believe she said that. 5. I can’t solve it. 10. I ordered a taxi. 8. 8. I saw her lying on the beach. I saw the peasants working in the field. She was thought to be a gifted child.. It is recommendable that you should read this book. 1. 6. It is expected that he will arrive at 2 o’clock. They said she was ill. 2. we shall climb to the top of the mountain. The rain having stopped. 7. 8. Reformulati urmatoarele fraze cu modul subjonctiv folosind constructia „forphrase": Model: It is important that I should know the truth. Everybody being at home. They heard him repeat it several times. The decision being taken in my favour. 3. L-am vazut vorbind cu prietena lui. The river having risen in the night. This is a good book. Inteleg ca ea e o profesoara foarte buna.actrus. 10. 10.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. People believed he was a brilliant surgeon. I found the boy breaking the window. I had to change them.. The concert being over. Ma bazez pe tine sa-mi imprumuti niste bani. It seemed that she was satisfied with me. 5. Mama ar vrea ca eu sa devin doctor. I went shopping.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. You should take it. 6. 2. She heard the hunters shooting. at once. This is a strange thing. 6. 6. Treceti la pasiv urmatoarele constructii Acuzativ cu Participiu. Am auzit-o certându-si copilul. 8. It is important to know the truth. It happened that she made three spelling mistakes in her letter. 3. I heard the child breaking the vase. 14. l. Page 5 of 6 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . 10. 9. 4.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . I stopped smoking. 8. 9. transformându-le in Nominativ cu Participiu: Model: I heard the dog barking.. 7. The dog was heard barking. I saw her fainting. Expected that he would resign. Traduceti in limba româna urmatoarele propozitii cu constructia Nominativul absolut: 1. The time has come. The plane having taken off. Stiam ca el e un om foarte ocupat. It is advisable that you should resign. The match was about to begin. 10. The letter being written. 3.html
31 of 42
. 11. 4. I went home relaxed. I don’t want you to catch a cold. It is necessary that he be present. Presupuneam ca el stie sa conduca masina. 7.
5. I have closed the window. It is important that you should come to the office.
While it was raining. I am not going. Is it raining? 2. They didn’t drink. 10. 10. 3. 5. 8. Page 2 of 4
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
1. I found this old photo. at 7 o’clock in the morning? I was preparing to go to the faculty. 18. were you doing? 7. Two days ago I fell and I broke my leg. I owned. He didn’t change. 17. have you been.. 5. What are you speaking about? Exercitii cu Past Tense Simple si Continuous Exercitiul 1: 1. Have you ever driven? 16. 4. Do I trust? 10. 8. Do you dream? I dream 9. Did I sell? 6. He has just left. he is having. He hasn’t gone. Have you lived? I have lived. Did he translate? 10. Did he come? 8. she has been trying. I have been asking. it often rains. 19. 4. Do you know? Exercitiul 4: l. 10. Do you like? 8. They aren’t swimming. I have been cooking. On Sundays. I don’t always believe. He didn’t come. Is my friend wearing? 7. The boys were playing cards when they heard their father entering the house. 2. Do you play? 5. I have just had. he walks. 10. 9. My mother isn’t resting. You drank. He hasn’t come. 1 first met.actrus. He sat for his first exam last week. 9. Have you been? I have been. 13. are you hurrying? I don’t want. He doesn’t have. Did I hate? 4. 17. 2. my friends played chess. 9. is drinking. Is he telling? 4. I arrived. 14. Ann isn’t knitting. I always made. Last Sunday. Did we work? 7. Page 1 of 4 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR. I didn’t hate. Have you visited? 12. They hid the cards away and took out their school books. he doesn’t get up early. are you waiting? I am waiting.actrus. are you thinking? I am thinking. Are they swimming? 6.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. 1 am cooking. I didn’t enjoy. he has caught. 3. I was talking.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. My friend isn’t wearing. 17. 14. 8. You asked. She doesn’t talk.
http://quintet. 7.. 15. Where did you spend your holiday last summer? 15. I have bought. Yesterday. The customer is just choosing a pair of shoes. 8. That sounded. 5. do you do? 3. I have already seen. Does he have? 9. 2. Is my mother resting? 8. Now I am doing my homework in English. He didn’t forbid. Is the child learning? Exercitiul 3: l.. The radio has been playing. Did he think? 2. 11. 12. You aren’t typing. 16. Are you typing? 5. Exercitiul 4: 1. Did I enjoy? 9. Exercitiul 2: l. Why are you opening the window? I5. I5. I was writing. When I go to the seaside. This time yesterday it was raining. I don’t have.. While I was looking for my passport. 5. 13. 6. don’t understand. I have’ been shopping. 18. Whom are you ringing up? 13. You don’t play. am taking. She goes shopping on Saturdays. 3. I don’t like coffee.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR. 6. am. 2. Yesterday I got up early. 16. 1 liked. I always have. What do you do on your free days? 12. I don’t trust. were you going. someone rang up. 2. It isn’t raining. Does she talk? 3. I played. 20. I don’t love. she was having. Have you watered? 3. I am not having. It snows in winter. 4. 1t hasn’t rained. you came in. drinks. Do they live? 8. 5. I entered. Do you smoke? 17. 6. 8. I have been watering. What are you doing? Are you reading or watching TV? 5. I had breakfast and then I left for school. They don’t live. 19. Am I having? 3. 4. He didn’t think. 7. She is packing her luggage. 3. Last week I was ill and 1 didn’t go to school. speaks. Do I love? 2. he realized. 10. I don’t understand. What were you doing last Tuesday. I have lent. The secretary is just typing a report. 7. Exercitii cu Present Perfect Simple si Continuous Exercitiul 1: l. 19. 9. Does he remember? 7. 4. the sun didn’t set at 8 o’clock. 2.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. 4. 10. 6. 7. Are we studying? 9. 11 . I met. 20. Yesterday I lost my gloves. He doesn’t go to school by underground. We aren’t studying. 20. I like to swim a lot. have you cooked? 7. 9. Did they drink? 3. I haven’t been. he was-learning. When did you buy this TV set? 12. I was watching. Do I understand? 4. 14. I got up late yesterday morning. 1 don’t like. When did you return from the mountains? 11. it is raining. he was working. 6. Did you sleep well last night? 3. How often do you write to your parents? 18. We have known. I haven’t written. Do you usually get. 9. 2. Did he change? 5. He doesn’t remember. He didn’t translate. Is Ann knitting? 10. I didn’t go to the swimming pool. he wasn’t wearing. write. 5. I didn’t sell. go. He has been sleeping. Have you paid? 19. Do I always believe? 6. 14. I often read English books. he had. have you been wearing? 6. We didn’t work. Exercitiul 2:
CHEIA EXERCITIILOR LECTIA I TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICATIV Exercitii cu Present Simple si Continuous Exercitiul l: 1. He met. What book are you reading? 10. Did he forbid? Exercitiul 3: 1. the teacher was writing. 4. He has been fishing. I was driving to Sinaia. Do I have? Exercitiul 2: l. Who won the match the day before yesterday? 20. At what time does John get up in the morning? 11. You spoke. 6. Last night.html
32 of 42
. A strong wind was blowing when I left the house. the engine – drivers have gone. 7. Are you writing. I do not study in the evening. Do you go? 16. He has always relied. 8. The child isn’t learning. Have you ever eaten? 13. Have you read? 18. remembers. I slept. always borrow/is always borrowing. He isn’t telling.
7. Will you be needing? 5. 9. 5. I have been translating a text for two hours and I haven’t finished it yet. 3. 9.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR. 6.. I found out. He has been. I have often thought of taking a driving licence. It has been snowing for two hours. 6. began. Have you ever tried? I tried. 10. Have you been. 8. 2. Because of the strike of the bus – drivers. I shall/will be working. between twelve and one o’clock. 3. she had been cleaning and dusting. 4.. When I arrived at the bus stop. I was sorry I had hurt him. 7. 6. Exercitii cu Past Perfect Simple si Continuous Exercitiul 1: 1. 4. He has been a Minister for two years. 2. You will not/won’t find. she had been writing. By 10 o’clock she will have finished cleaning the house. she had been studying. 10. 5. 4. A child has broken the window. 9. 10. The train will have left before we arrive at the station. Exercitiul 3: 1. He has written only two letters since he went abroad. I returned. 10. 8. 4. I shall/will know. Will you recognize? 4. 6. will/shall will be climbing. they had finished. 9. Who did you vote for at the last elections? I didn’t go to vote. You will like. 5.actrus. I didn’t phone you because I thought you had gone abroad. What will you be doing tomorrow morning at 11 o’clock? I shall/will be visiting the international fair. She will be watching. 6. 5. They travelled to many countries after they had got married. Have you been to this town before? Yes. I had returned. They have been working on this house for a year and they haven’t finished it yet. 7. We have walked 10 km so far. I shall/will have read 8. As soon as the guests had left. 6. 8. 3. 9. 4. 2. 2. will be crying. 9. 2. I didn’t succeed.actrus. 6. How long have you been learning English? 5. it had been raining. I shall/will have finished. 8. had been cooking. haven’t you seen? did you use? 2. He will be studying. 10. I shall/will have been working. Have you seen today’s newspaper? 17. 3. I have bought a typewriter and I shall learn to type.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. She has changed. I have seldom walked to my office.html
33 of 42
. Page 3 of 4 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR. we left. 20. I shall/will remember. 3. 11. he had learned/he had been learning. The secretary told me the manager had been speaking on the phone for half an hour.. I called. 8. Has John left? Yes. We shall/will have taken. had spread. he left an hour ago. 14. Wil1 you remember? 9. Where will you put it?
http://quintet. he had thought. 10. we asked. I went to bed. 19. had been speaking. had been having. 12. he handed it to the teacher. he had visited. two years ago. I stayed at home and I haven’t regretted it for a moment! 16. Who has taught you to speak English so well? 2. He hadn’t done anything before he asked for my advice. 6. 7. 15. Exercitiul 4: 1. had eaten. What did you look at? It was an accident. I got up. we realized. 6. I shall/will have saved five million lei. I got. had not told. 8. 4. It has been raining. You will have seen. Exercitiul 4: 1. I saw. Since I bought a car. I have lost. 4. I have been doing. 8. wilt be rising. 5. 6. 7.. I have been wearing. many people will be going to work on foot tomorrow. 13. We must replace it. they had been. she had not passed. Exercitiul 2: 1. I had met. 2. will have spent. had left. 5. You will be. 2. we had been walking. 8. Look what I have bought at an auction! It’s a very beautiful object. he had caught. he told.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. He will be studying in the library on Monday from one to five o’clock. Have you seen? she left. As soon as he had finished writing the paper. Exercitiul 4: 1.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. he had got married. I shall/will pass. I shall/will succeed. The weather has got warmer lately. 10. They told me they had been living in France since 1980. he had been. 7. Exercitiut 2: 1. 18. By the end of the month I shall/will have seen this film 5 times. 8. 10. 3. Page 4 of 4 Exercitiul 3: I. they will have been married. She had just gone out. 3. 7. 7. He will be. Have you already had breakfast? Yes. had been swimming. Where have you spent your holiday this year? 3. it had been raining. had listened. We have been walking since 3 o clock. By this time next year. he went. 10. I had it at 8 o’clock. On Friday. she told. 10. it will probably be raining. 4. they had been waiting. The child has been playing. Exercitii cu timpurile „Future" Exercitiul 1: 1. I shall/will be swimming. I shall/will be having. 2. 3. I was. I realized I had left my bag at home. I entered. will have risen. congratulated. Exercitiul 3: 1. I shall/will have paid off. he went. 5. 7. they will be having their last English class. 3. had been climbing. we had lost. 9. 9. He thanked me for what I had done for him. 7. 9. I spent a month here. 5. it had been raining. I rang him up. 4. she had already been. I shall/will have been cooking.
7. 6. Page 1 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/EXERCITII CU CONCORDANTA TIMPURI. Exercitiul 7: l. Exercitiul 2: 1. we had been digging. I finish. 10. they would remain. he would finish. is. He was very upset because he had lost his http://quintet. he has arrived. I have suffered. I had not decided. 2. you have just told. 15. 10. 4. is. he had stolen.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_2. I usually read. do not eat. had already begun. 18. 9. is. you would soon have.. 7. she has changed. 13. 11. you see. 12. 2. I promised him I would write to him when I arrived in London. 4. he had been travelling. you see. will soon move. 7. 4. 9. would not go. 5. Exercitiul 3: 1. he had eaten. you were. He asked me how many letters there are in the Chinese alphabet and I couldn’t answer him. I read. it would not be raining when I arrived. Exercitiul 4: 1. I would remain. I would spend. melts. 3. had failed. The car I will buy will be imported from Germany. they were talking. 16.. 10. 5. I finish. I had not enjoyed. would be cancelled. 7. 14. he wanted. The policeman will ask me what I have seen during the accident. was shining. 11. 8. he had not expected. you spoke. arrive. you do. 5. she looks. 8. would end. 7. I want. 18.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_2. 6.. I knew you were in Bucharest. 6. I was. I had read. 2. they have been. 3. 11. 7. 2. 2. we will drink. they had been listening. 2. 5. 10. 4. she has learnt. 10. 6. she notices you have broken. 10. 8.actrus. he would give. 8. 17. 15. Exercitiul 6: 1. I played/I was playing. 3. 4. you are reading. 5. is born. he has repaired. Page 2 of 2
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
LECTIA II Exercitii cu concordanta timpurilor Exercitiul 1: 1. he would drive. The secretary told me the manager was busy. you have read. I didn’t stay at home to wait for you because I didn’t know when you would come. 19. he tells. I had heard. I have. 2. 9. 3. Father will give me a present after I have passed the exam. 9. prices would go up. 8.
12/15/04 http://quintet. 9. 7. 3. 9. 12. 17.html
dictionary and he was not sure he would find a new one in the bookshops. I was. 3. 3. they had known. he had just left. he would win. he would have. 6. you finish. 10. 13. you see. I work/I worked. 12. 4.html
34 of 42
. 8. did not remember. 5. he would change..CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/EXERCITII CU CONCORDANTA TIMPURI. I will tell you the truth after I have found it myself. I have been reading. 6. 6. I have received. 20. he hoped. 9. you had been wearing. he would pass. he had never seen.actrus. I didn’t remember that we had met a year before. You had to type. I had lost. begin. 20. we went. I had not eaten. I will earn/will be earning. Exercitiul 5: 1. he had to write. I had done. we reach. 5. 19. you were. 4. you have drunk. 16. there are. he would not remember. 14. he trusted. The thief did not realize that the police had been following him for a week. 8. he had left. they have done.
You will see him if you wait. the streets would be wet. 10. Would you be angry if I took your pencil? 9. 2. 5. He said he had spent his holiday at the seaside the year before. 7. He asked me which of those cakes I preferred. 9. 2. he will get. Exercitiul 4: 1. I will answer. 5. He asked me if I had lived in London for a long time. 12. 9. you will not find. 6. 6. He said the weather had been fine the day before. He asked me if 1 had been at the library the day before. 8. 7. 7. What will you do if you meet John? 11. 7. 7. 11. He said if he had been at home he would have answered the phone. 10. 12. He told me to be careful with his books. he would not make.. you were. 9. 2. He told me to take that pill.html
35 of 42
. He asked me when the rain had stopped.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_4. you had invited. He asked me if my mother had been at home. the streets will be wet. What would you do if you meet John? 12. 5. 7. he would take. 4. 9.actrus. 4. 5. 9. 7. 8. he leaves. He told me to open the door. He asked me if I would like a cake. would you go? Exercitiul 3: l. I would knit another sweater if I had more wool. 2.actrus. He asked me who that man was. 4. He asked me when I would be back. 3. 5. Exercitiul 4: l. He asked me if the train had left. What would have happened if you had driven at a high speed? 4. If a beggar asked you for money. He asked me where I would spend my weekend. I wouldn’t do. she will be. He asked me if I could lend him a book. If you hadn’t shut the window I would have been cold. He asked me if I would help him. Page 1 of 1
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
LECTIA III Exercitii cu fraze conditionale Exercitiul 1: l. He said he had gone to England two years before. 3. He told/asked/ordered me not to drive so fast. it goes on. 4. I gave up. 4. 8. would you give him some? 3. You would have caught the train if you had taken a taxi. He said he thought it was going to rain the next day. Exercitiul 2: 1. I will lend. you wouldn’t have got. He said he didn’t remember where he had bought that dictionary.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. He said she would go shopping right then. you had driven. 10. he had realized. 9. I saw. Would you buy? 4. 6. 3.English. you will be. 7. You will catch the train if you take a taxi. you would have read. I would have answered. 8. He asked me why it was so dark in that room. We won’t go for a walk if the rain doesn’t stop/unless the rain stops. 8. 8. 10. If dinner is not ready in time. 3. 6. He said John had left for Sinaia two days before. 8. I would buy. 8. Mamaia would be an ideal place for a holiday if there weren’t so many people there. 5. He said he was very busy on that day. 3. I moved. I would not have made. the streets would have been wet. 6. 10. 5. I would have answered. I will buy. You would catch the train if you took a taxi. 2. you will not pass. He told me not to smoke so much. If it rained. Will you be angry if I take your pencil? 8. What would you have done if you had met John? Exercitiul 6: l. Exercitiul 1:
LECTIA IV Exercitii cu vorbirea directa si indirecta
1. 2.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/EXERCITII CU FRAZE CONDITIONALE
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 1 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VORBIREA DIRE. 11. 6. 4. He told me not to cross the street on a red light. 6. Exercitiul 3: 1. If it had rained. 9. you will be. I would like the play more if it were shorter. 4. He asked me how I had travelled. He told me not to interrupt him when he was speaking. Exercitiul 5: 1. 10. 7. Exercitiul 2: 1. I had worked. He said if he had enough money he would buy a car the next year. 8. 10 He asked me if I could speak English. 5. 7. He told me to write him a letter when I got to England. 3.
http://quintet. He asked me if I knew what that word meant/means.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_3. I will greet 2. He asked me if I had bought that book the day before. I had not told. He asked me how long I had been learning . He said he was going to have a nap that afternoon. If it rains. He asked me if I could come to tea that afternoon. 5. 9. I will eat at a restaurant. 2. 2. 3. It would have been. I knew. He said he had seen that film a week before. you take. He told me to ring him up when I arrived home. I were. He asked me if I drank coffee every day. 3. He asked me how long it took me to reach my office. 4. He told me to read that text. 9. 3. I had known.. will you promise? 6. he would have told. 10. Would you have been angry if I had taken your pencil? 10. 6. he had tried. 2. 6. 10. He asked me what I was going to do the next day. 5. I will be disappointed if I don’t find out the truth.
9.actrus. Two of my books have been lent to John (by me). They are taught English (by me). 9. The patient was prescribed some pills (by the doctor). Exercitiul 6: l.actrus.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_5. John was laughed at (by us). 4. 7. 7. 11. Don’t speak until you are spoken to (by someone). 2.: 3.html
36 of 42
. 2. The tourists were shown the museum (by the guide). We were asked to show our passports. The way will be shown to us by the policeman. My friend will be invited to a party (by me). People
speak English all over the world. 3. 7. I will be given a reward (by them). The rescue party finally discovered the climber. 9.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU DIATEZA PASIVA Page 1 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU DIATEZA PASIVA Page 2 of 2
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
LECTIA V Exercitii cu diateza pasiva Exercitiul 1: 1. 9. Were you told about the meeting? 9. I’m not always told the truth by my friend. The Romanian film director was awarded the Great Prize (by the jury). 2.
http://quintet. We will be given detailed instructions about the paper. 5. 4. Was he shocked by the sight of the accident? 8. English is taught to them (by me). I was frightened by the noise. We will be shown the way by the policeman. The Great Prize was awarded to the Romanian film director (by the jury). 7. 4. 7. John has been lent two of my books (by me). Foreign languages are spoken in this hotel. 10. 2. 13. 3. 6. He hates people making fun of him. Exercitiul 3: 1. when I passed by. Exercitiul 4: 1. The event was commented on by all the newspapers. People mustn’t take away these books. Will the letter be written in ink? 3. This piece of information must be treated confidentially. A new supermarket was being built in that district last month. 8. This stamp hasn’t been well stuck on the envelope. A difficult question was asked of me by the teacher. They held a reception in his honour. When he arrived home he realized his wallet had been stolen. 15. The meanings of the new words must be looked up in the dictionary. 6. 5. 5. Detailed instructions will be given to us about the paper. The children weren’t looked after properly (by them). 8. A new house is being built round the corner (by them). The doctor was called for (by us). The missing child has been found (by someone). 10. His proposal was objected to (by us). The letter will be mailed as soon as possible. People will soon forget this book. 4. 9. Your bag has been found (by him). The museum was shown to the tourists (by the guide). Fire was set to the shed (by them). Has the dog been fed? 7. 6. Were you frightened by the tornado? 5. They have built this house out of stone and cement. Exercitiul 2: 1. His odd behaviour couldn’t be accounted for (by us). 5. The museum was closed for repairs. Many new blocks are being built in our district. The work will be finished today (by them). The teacher will tell the pupils where to sit. 4. 3. The house was broken into (by burglars). We were told very interesting things at the conference. 6. My friend recommended me a very good doctor. Some pills were prescribed to the patient (by the doctor). All the visitors of the museum admire this painting. 3. 8. very interesting things were told to us at the conference. His bed hasn’t been slept in (by him). A reward will be given to me (by them). 12. I was asked a difficult question by the teacher. Nothing has been heard about him since he left for Constanta. America was discovered at the end of the 15th century. Haven’t you been told to be here at 6 o’clock? 4. 5. Will the details be told to him? Will he be told the details? 6. 10. I have been given a nice present (by them). Do you think your request will be turned down? 10. Football is played all over the world. 6.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. 14. 8. My TV set will be repaired by a specialist.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_5. A nice present has been given to me (by them). The professor’s lecture was listened to by all the students. 8. Would your work have been finished sooner if you hadn’t been interrupted by your colleagues? Exercitiul 5: 1. 10. Has the TV set been repaired? 2. Something must be done for him by his coworkers. The truth is not always told to me by my friend. 2.
He should have gone. 6. should. He needn’t have bought. needn’t have waited. 2. 6. 16. 9. 4. needn’t. You will be allowed/permitted to leave. He must be older. It can’t have been his fault. I will have to look up. 11. can’t have swum. should. 5. will. 9. Exercitiul 13: 1. needn’t have bought. I had to learn. mustn’t. You needn’t have done. You must have forgotten. needn’t have lent. 7. 5. 6. 6. You can’t have been. S. mustn’t. can’t have seen. can’t have left. It can’t be his fault. needn’t. didn’t need to answer. 10. 13. You might have paid. You can’t have seen. John could have been. I may/might come home. would. You can’t miss the train. You were allowed/permitted to leave. 3. needn’t. 4. can’t have done. 6. You needn’t have made 12/15/04
http://quintet. 5. You will have to help me more today. 3. 8.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_6. Could you help? Will you be able to help? 9. 2. 1 am sure I will be able to find time to help you. can’t have rained. 3. will. 5.html
37 of 42
. 10. 8. 2. 17. 4: She must be a very good doctor.html
1. She can’t have married. This must be the best. 16. Exercitiul 8: l. 10. 3.actrus. 8. shall. He could swim. needn’t have written. 2. 9. 4. Exercitiul 3: 1. 7. 4. You didn’t have to do. mustn’t. He was not allowed/permitted to come. You must have known the lesson. 6. Exercitiul 9: 1. You might have changed. 5. This can’t be a true story. 14. No. She will be able to lend. 8. should. He may/might have done. He ought to have told. 2. needn’t. 4. 10. mustn’t. It can’t have been. must have taken. 8. 14. Exercitiul 4: l. should. 2. would. 9. Everybody was allowed/permitted to borrow. Sensuri posibile: „Do you think he will try to enter the faculty?". Exercitiul 12: 1. 5. 4. Could Jane type? Will Jane be able to type? 17. 14. 16. He must think. Did you have to be? Will you have to be? 20. I won t be able to translate. 7. will. we may/might take the bus or the ski-lift. Exercitiul 11: 1. I couldn’t translate. must have been. 9. Was I not allowed/permitted to walk? Shall I be not allowed/permitted to walk? 11. 6. shall. She may/might have been angry. 5. She may/might have been out. She can’t have got. 20. 2. shall. 7. I can’t knit. He could read and write. 7. 13. didn’t need to buy. She could lend. will. would. Everybody shall be present at the meeting. 2. He may/might have been right. All the students can and must write this paper. can.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_6. 12. John must have been. 8. She may/might be very late. I will have to leave soon. 6. shall. must have left. 4. 19. 10. 9. 9. 8. 15. mustn’t. You shouldn’t have gone. It must have been. 3. She could play. 19. Exercitiul 5: 1. would. 10. You must have left your umbrella. 2. He won’t be allowed/permitted to come. The weather can’t change. 18. will. 5. 7. 10. Need we walk up to the chalet? 15. 10. 8. He will be able to swim. 4. needn’t have answered. 11. will. needn’t. can. 3 It might have rained. 12. 5. Exercitiul 2: 1. He must have been delayed. 4. He can’t be at the office. can. 10. She will be able to read and write. I will have to learn. 10. 7. I had to go. She will be able to play. I had to look up. Could he speak? Will he be able to speak? 18. 9. He must have been. 7. You should have visited. The child will be allowed/permitted to have. 13. 2. The teacher told me I might skip the next class. 15. can’t. I could play the piano when I was a child. He must have come home. It can t have been. 3. 4. because she was to come to my place in half hour’s time.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VERBE MODALE
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 3 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VERBE MODALE Exercitiul 6:
Page 2 of 3
LECTIA VI Exercitii cu verbe modale Exercitiul 1:
1. I will have to go. You were not allowed/permitted to speak. didn’t need to wait. All the children ought to/should do some housework. 9. „Do you think he will marry that girl?" etc. 3. You may ring me up more often when you know I am ill. I ought to/should have read the bibliography for the seminar. can’t. 5. A good knowledge of English may/might help you. needn’t have lent. It may/might be a good one. 6.actrus. You were not allowed/permitted to smoke. can. must have been. It must have taken a long time. 10. 17. I must change my shoes when I enter the house because they are full of mud. He may have been. 6. He can’t have passed. You needn’t carry your luggage in the station yourself. 2. 8. She can’t have learned English. 9. Exercitiul 7:
1. 4. 7. 3. 8. didn’t need to see. She may/might have returned. 7. I didn’t need to ring up Jane in order to speak to her. 6. You won’t have to do. 5. would. 6. needn’t have got up. 7. 12. Exercitiul 10: 1. 2. 3. He must have been late. You might have written. Everybody will be allowed/permitted to borrow. You will not be allowed/permitted to smoke. would. The child was allowed/permitted to have. 3. It may/might rain. a porter could help you. 3. You won’t be allowed/permitted to speak. 5.
13. 8. I would rather I got up/I would rather get up earlier. Tomorrow I will have to mail the letter. You ought to/should have insisted. he would have. I wish you stopped that noise right away! 3. 9. 11. today. I wish you didn’t live so far away. 15. I wished the weather hadn’t been bad when I was on holiday.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. 4. 3. 16. She looks as if she were a model. It’s time you paid me back the money I lent you. 18. 21. 5. I wish I would able to read Goethe in the original. as I knew the information was recorded on tape. we went. 3. I wish/If only you were tidier! 5. I wish you hadn’t been delayed at the office. S. hadn’t caught a cold. 25. Page 1 of 2
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
coffee for me. I stayed. You can’t have found the door open. 10. The teacher can’t/couldn’t have been satisfied with this answer. 3. you shall have the book tomorrow. I wish he would accept my proposal. I wish they would sign the contract. 23. too. I wished you hadn’t got a fine. I wish books weren’t so expensive. 26. 8. 9. 17. I wish/If only it didn’t rain! If it didn’t rain. Do you wish you had been invited to John’s party? 7. 7. 11. 4. my telephone worked. you didn’t waste. 5.actrus. I were.. 29. I wish you would take a driving licence. 22. you closed. I wish you stopped complaining because I have my own troubles. 20. 4. stopped. 2. I wish/If only I were young again! 8. his book would become. 4. Exercitiul 2: l. 2. 16. Exercitiul 4: 1. 8. 24. I wish I were a student. 9.. I wish he wouldn’t stay in hospital so long. 20. I wish you hadn’t had an accident. I must have been still at the faculty. 6. I wished you had been able to come to me yesterday. 7. I would become. I wish/If only I hadn’t made so many mistakes in the test-paper! 2. 9. I rang you up and nobody answered. I would rather I went/I would rather go to the theatre. It’s 10 o’clock! Don’t you think it’s high time you got up and started working? 15. I would rather you went to the theatre. Why did you speak so loud? Somebody might have heard you. please. I wish it didn’t rain so often.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_7.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VERBE MODALE
Page 3 of 3 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU MODUL SUBJON. You speak as if you were angry with
http://quintet. 19. you were. I wish I would have a phone in my new flat.html
38 of 42
. 12. 2. I promise you. we could go to the beach. I wish you would come on holiday with me. his daughter didn’t get married. I wish my friend weren’t ill. I wished you hadn’t been out when I called. 13. I wish I would spend my holiday in England. 18. 1 wish I had children. wait for a few minutes? 30. Will you. I have already drunk two. I were. I wish I could pay the piano. 4. 6. 10. I wish I wouldn’t get fat when giving up smoking. 14. I had locked it myself 27. 10. I wish I lived in Bucharest. You may not speak during the exam.
LECTIA VII Exercitii cu modul subjonctiv Exercitiul 1: 1. you started. 19. I wish you had won the competition. I wish I could go to the concert. 8. 7. he took. 9. I asked to speak to the manager but he wouldn’t come to the phone. I would rather you got up earlier. I hadn’t forgotten. watched. 3. 6. I had entered. I got. I didn’t need to say „thank you" when I found out the exact time by dialing number 958.actrus. 7. It’s high time you started reading the books required for the exam in Romanian literature. Where shall we go now? 28. I wish I had won the Great Prize. You can’t/couldn’t have been at home last night. Exercitiul 3: 1.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_6. I wish he wouldn’t be away for such a long time. 10. I wish I had money to buy that painting. 14. Exercitiul 5: l. you owned. 12. S. I wish I didn’t have only one child. 6. he told. 6. I wish I hadn’t been late for the party. 10. 2.
3. I heard her scold/scolding her child. 4. may attend. It is very important that this contract (should) be signed very soon. I understand her to be a very good teacher. 5. we should take. It is necessary for him to be present. 8. it might not get. 4. should have told. It is possible for the plane to be delayed. 5. Whatever the reason may/might be. He made me miss the train. Exercitiul 4: 1. It is annoying that you should have forgotten to bring me back the book. Exercitiul 3:
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 2
LECTIA VIII Exercitii cu constructiile verbale
1. 7. I saw him speaking to his friend. He was believed to be a brilliant surgeon. might prosper. 15. It is possible for me to buy a car. It is impossible that he should have returned so early. The manager requested that everybody (should) be present at 8 o’clock. 5. 13. 3. 13. 17. Whatever you may/might tell me. 14.
1. 7. The teacher suggests that we (should) read this book. He spoke to me as if nothing had happened between us. 10. Exercitiul 5: 1. 17. 2. I had. The baby was heard crying. but I would rather you went to your grandparents in the countryside.actrus. She was said to be ill. She was thought to be unable to win the contest. It is necessary that I (should) be present at the meeting? Exercitiul 7: 1. 4. 19. 14. 3. It is necessary for you to study the matter seriously. Whenever you may/might return.html
12/15/04 http://quintet. 6. 20. This problem is too difficult for me to solve. Exercitiul 6: Exercitiul 1: 1. The manager proposed that 1 (should) work in another department. 2. He suggested that we (should) buy this house. Exercitiul 8: 1. 8. The peasants were seen working in the field. 3. 5. 10. 7. John admitted the fault to be his. 19. 3. I had been. 3.. we (should) leave. She was found digging in the garden. 4. 2. he were. 2. 9. it should get. She seemed to be satisfied with me. I made a loan so that I might buy the house. me. 9. 10. 8. He was heard to repeat it several times. 4. The child was heard breaking the vase. 5. 11. you may/might understand.actrus. 6... He wanted me to help him. It is impossible that he (should) return so early. 2. 9. 7. It’s time for you to start learning foreign languages. The time has come for us to have a heart to heart talk. 2. 3. She made me understand what had happened. It is advisable for you to resign. She was seen fainting. 8. 10. I think him to be a good husband. I know you wish you would spend your holiday in a camp. 6. 3. 1 knew him to be a very busy man. I expected you to come earlier. 11. Move aside so that I may/might see the screen. 9. 10. This is a strange thing for her to have said. 8. Jane wishes I would spend my weekend with her. 18.. I would find. I rely on you to lend me some money. 4. 9. He was expected to resign. It is important for you to come to the office at once. Mother decided that we (should) stay at home. 6. 20. 6. you can’t win such a competition. She (was) proved to be a liar. Speak louder so that I may/might hear you. The people were impatient for the match to begin. She behaves to him as if he were his husband.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_8.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU MODUL SUBJON. I supposed him to be able to drive a car. 5. you should have. I will be at home waiting for you. I insist that you (should) accept this job. he were. The hunters were heard shooting. It is likely that my son should have passed the exam. 15. 7. I can’t believe you. she should have left. I saw some children playing in the park. She happened to make three spelling mistakes in her letter. 10. Mother would like me to become a doctor.html
39 of 42
. 2. 8. 2. 5. Do you mean it is likely that we (should) spend our holiday in Brasov? 10. 5. 18. you shouldn’t lie to me. 9. 2. Whoever may/might have told you this about me. I watched them playing football. 9. It is necessary that you (should) be informed about what is happening in the country. She was seen lying on the beach. It is recommendable for you to read this book. 6. It is impossible for him to have said that. 8. Page 2 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU CONSTRUCTIIL. (should) have. 8. This is a good book for you to read. 9. hadn’t broken down. 5. 12. 10. they (should) divorce. This is the main thing for us to do.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_7. I suggested that we (should) elect him president. He entered the house noiselessly so that I might not hear him. It is possible that she might be away. you retired. This fact is important for you to bear in mind. 8. 7. 3. She could be heard typing. The plane was seen landing. you may/might be. He is expected to arrive at 2 o’clock. 6. 12. It is important that you (should) know English well. Exercitiul 9: 1. It’s time for us to meet again. 16. 7. Exercitiul 6:
http://quintet. They are sure to have had an argument. This is a valuable piece of advice for you to take. I ordered a taxi for her not to miss the train. 7. It was strange that she shouldn’t have read this book. 7. I have closed the window for you not to catch a cold. No matter how hard you may/might try. Exercitiul 2: 1. My friend insisted that I (should) go to the concert with him. 4. 6. you shouldn’t have believed it. The boy was found breaking the window. 4. 4. 6.
4. Dupa ce avionul a decolat am incetat sa fumez.actrus. a trebuit sa-i schimb. Intrucât ploaia incetase.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_8. vom urca pâna la vârful muntelui. 10.. publicul a parasit sala. Scrisoarea fiind scrisa. 8. am mers sa o pun la posta.
LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE to be to bear to beat to become to begin to bend to bite to blow to break to bring to build to burn to burst to buy to catch to choose to come to cost to creep to cut to deal to dig to do to draw was. born beaten become begun bent bitten blown broken brought built burnt burst bought caught chosen come cost crept cut dealt dug done drawn
http://quintet.actrus. 5. 7. ne-am asezat la cina. 2. Daca vremea va permite. ne-am grabit spre plaja.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10. Intrucât râul crescuse in timpul noptii. 9. Intrucât soarele rasarise. Concertul fiind terminat.html
40 of 42
. Decizia fiind luata in favoarea mea. Toata lumea fiind acasa. am plecat acasa linistit.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU CONSTRUCTIIL. ne era teama sa nu avem inundatii. am plecat la cumparaturi. 3. were bore beat became began bent bit blew broke brought built burnt burst bought caught chose came cost crept cut dealt dug did drew been borne.html
12/15/04 http://quintet.. Intrucât noroiul imi stricase pantofii.
Page 2 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 1 of 5
ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10.actrus.actrus. learned left lent let lay lost made meant mowed met paid put read rode rang rose ran said saw sought sold set
known laid led leant learnt.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 2 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 3 of 5
to dream to drink to drive to eat to fall to feed to feel to fight to find to fly to forbid to forget to forgive to freeze to give to go to grow to hang to have to hear to hide to hit to hold to hurt to keep to kneel
dreamt drank drove ate fell fed felt fought found flew forbade forgot forgave froze gave went grew hung had heard hid hit held hurt kept knelt
dreamt drunk driven eaten fallen fed felt fought found flown forbidden forgotten forgiven frozen given gone grown hung had heard hidden hit held hurt kept knelt
to know to lay to lead to lean to learn to leave to lend to let to lie to lose to make to mean to mow to meet to pay to put to read to ride to ring to rise to run to say to see to seek to sell to set
knew laid led leant learnt.html
41 of 42
.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10. learned left lent let lain lost made meant mown met paid put read ridden rung risen run said seen sought sold set
42 of 42
.actrus.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 4 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 5 of 5
to sew to shake to shine to shoot to show to shrink to shut to sing to sink to sleep to slide to smell to sow to speak to spell to spend to spill to spread to stand to stea1 to stick to stride
sewed shook shone shot showed shrank shut sang sank slept slid smelt sowed spoke spelt spent spilt spread stood stole stuck strode
sewn shaken shone shot shown shrunk shut sung sunk slept slid smelt sown spoken spelt spent split spread stood stolen stuck stridden
to swim to take to teach to tell to think to throw to understand
swam took taught told thought threw understood
swum taken taught told thought thrown understood
to strike to strive to swear to sweep
struck strove swore swept
striven sworn swept