CURRENT AFFAIRS & GK JULY 2011
July 1&2: 1. New Chief Vigilance Commissioner of India is? a. Madan Kumar b. Pradeep Kumar c. Manoj Joshi d. Chaturanan Narang 2. A veteran leader Chaturanan Mishra passed away on July 2. He was associated with? a. Communist b. Congress c. BJP d. BSP 3. What was the name of ship which was stranded at Juhu beach for several days, Mumbai, and now re-floated safely to Gujarat? a. MV Wisdom b. ST Panks c. Lumba d. Water Babay 4. The World Bank will provide a loan assistance of $648 million for the construction of the Vishnugad Pipalkoti Hydroelectric Plant on river a. Ganga b. Alaknanda c. Yamuna d. Bhagrithi 5. 201 1 Wimbledon Women’s' Singles winner is a. Maria Sharapova b. Petra Kvitov a c. Serena Willams d. Sania Mirza Ans: 1 .b 2.a 3.a 4.b 5.b July 3&4: 1. Thailand's first woman Prime Minister is... a. Yingluck Shinawatra Butterfly’s b. Thaksin Jiaozu c. Wine Jaebo d. Djokovic Murray 2. 2011 Wimbledon Tennis Men's singles winner is... a. Novak Djokovic b. Jurgen Melzerand c. Rafal Nadal d. Andre Agassi 3. Sree Padmanabhaswami temple, where huge treasure unearthed from the historical temple is in a. Kerala b. Karnataka c. Tamil Nadu d. Assam 4. On black money issue SC has appointed Special Investigation Team that would be headed... a. Justice B P Jeevan Reddy b. Justice S.K. Nair c. Justice M.N. Kumar d. Justice Y.B. Chaudhary 5. What is the length of world's longest cross-sea bridge, across the mouth of the Jiaozhou Bay in China's eastern Shandong province? a. 36.48 kilometers b. 64 kilometers c. 30.28 kilometers d. 26.25 kilometers Ans : 1.a 2. a 3.a 4.a 5.a July 5: 1. Stereo Digital Aerial Photography, which has been launched in India, will help in a. Coastal Hazard Line Mapping b. protecting forest cover c. marine life d. traffic management during
Punjab c. 2015 b. Assam d. Punjab d. 201 2 Olympics will held in. Madhya Pradesh c. Perth c. 2011. UP b. Supreme Court has allowed cement maker Lafarge to mine in Meghalaya. Which state government has launched the facility of e-registration for contractors to bid for construction projects of the state government. Canberra Ans: 1 . A ndaman Islands d. Wellington d. 75th 4.. Lafarge is from a.500 crore rupees? a.d July 6: 1 . which state ales Tax Department recently conducted raids on 37 companies in its capital and unearthed Hawala transaction worth 6. Sydney b.N Nehru 4. 201 5
. India's first floating library launched in a.b 4. UN report on Millennium Development Goals (MDG) say s that India's poverty rate is projected to fall to 22 per cent by . Sonia Gandhi d. 201 2 d.a July 7 & 8: 1 . Lakshdeep 3. 2018 3. a. Delhi 3. a. 100th b.b 2.. Mayawati b.. a 3. USA b. a. Amsterdam 5. Athens b. Asian Development Bank will provide a $400-million loan to which Indian state for promoting rural development and creation of business and employment opportunities? a. a. UP b.CURRENT AFFAIRS & GK JULY 2011
2. UP c. Madhya Pradesh b. 2011 Special Olympics World Summer Games held at a. Maharashtra Ans: 1 . Karnataka d. 2020 c. Rahul Gandhi c. It is Atlantis' __flight. 120th c. 'Kisan Sandesh Padyatra' is associated with a.b 5. UK d. London c. Sunderbans c. b 3. Sikkim 2. As per government claims India's ex ports will double to $400 billion by the y ear.. 2024 e.a 2. Mana b. 201 4 b.. France c. 2020 c. J. Frankfurt Butterfly’s d. a. Space shuttle Atlantis took its final flight into space on July 8. 2016 d. Australia 2. 135th d..
London Herald 6. National Anti-dumping Agency c.a 5. July 10 b. National Anti Doping Agency b. $800 million b. a 3. India has sought help from__-for resolving trade obstacles for Indian agri ex ports to 27 European Union countries? a. Poland c. 201 3 4. The US has suspended how much military aid to Pakistan? a. a. Jamshedpur d. News of the World c. July 11 c. 6 a July 9 & 10: 1 .CURRENT AFFAIRS & GK JULY 2011
5. MP c. Kobe b. This Airlines is from? a. Riek d.. What is the capital of newly formed country South Sudan? a. July 9 d. National Anti Dollar Association Ans: 1 . is committed to provide clean electricity to common man by the y ear? a. Germany 5. 1 9th Asian Championships held at a.. June 30 2. USA b. Doon Shatabhdi d.c 4. 78 d. HP d. Juba b. England b. 173 Ans: 1 . Which state has launched caravan services in order to promote tourism? a. Kiev c. 6 a July 11: 1 . Indian govt.b 4. World Population Day is observed on. 201 1 . TN c. $600 million d. Howrah Delhi Ex press c. Australia c. Japan 4.b. National Army Dev eloping Agency d.a 2. Dhaka 6.b 2. a 3. Netherlands d. 227 b. A round the world b. Iceland d. Qantas Airlines has decided to cut international services.a. 75 c. Malakal c. Nabre 3. $500 million 3. 2020 b. 201 4 d.. 201 2 c. Uttarakhand
. On July 1 0.. NADA stands for. Kolkata Rajdhani 2. During third phase expansion of private FM Radio network in the country ; how many new cities will get FM Radio service? a. Howrah Kalka Ex press b. which of the following train recently derailed and claimed 50 people lives? a.a 5. Morning News d. $7 00 million c. What is the name of British 1 68-y ear-old tabloid that has closed in the wake of phonehacking allegations? a. a.
6 b. Air Bus 707 5.b 4. B. Sodium Tripoly Phosphate b. a.. Shri Beni Prasad Verma : Steel. 2012 c. Das b. Calcuim Tripoly Phosphate c. 4
. Boeing 707 c. Shunglu d. Shri Dinesh Trivedi : Railways. Koswari b. Shri Jitendra Singh : Home Affairs. How many states will be honoured states. Ganga Butterfly’s d. Smt. The Indian Navy has commissioned indigenously built Fast Attack Craft (FAC) to keep an eye on illegal activities in the Andaman seas? its name is a. a. What is the name of The first ultra longhaul passenger jet with a capacity to fly about 250 passengers up to 1 6. MINIST ERS OF STATE: Shri Sudip Bandopadhyaya : Health and Family Welfare. V . USA b. Shri Rajiv Shukla : Parliamentary Affairs.. Who is heading the committee set up to suggest way s and means for reforms in the power sector? a. Sodium Tripoly Sulphar 4. Germany d. Boeing 787 b. 2014 Ans: 1 . India has imposed anti-dumping duty on imports of a chemical used in industrial cleaning processes and ceramics manufacture to protect domestic players from cheap Chinese shipments. China C. Jyotia Gupta 2..N Sridhar c. Jayanthi Natarajan: Environment and Forests.CURRENT AFFAIRS & GK JULY 2011
Ans: 1 . 11 d.b 2. Jet 711 d. July 13: 1 . 2. MINIST ERS OF ST AT E (INDEPENDENT CHARGE): Shri Srikant Jena: Statistics and Programme Implementation and Minister of State in the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers. India is all set to sign Aviation Safety Agreement in July 201 1 with a. France has decided to withdraw its 1 000 troops from Afghanistan by the end of. The name of this chemical is. a. Shri Charan Das Mahant : Agriculture and Food Processing Industries. Baking Soda d. a 3. 5 c.. 3. c. Italy 2. including Punjab and Uttar Pradesh. 2015 d. a. b July 14: 1. Arjun 3.b July 12: CABINET MINISTERS : Shri V. Shri Jairam Ramesh : Rural Development. 2013 b. S. Godavari c.000 km nonstop touched down at the Indhira Gandhi International airport in Delhi on July 13? a. for achieving high food grain production in 201 0-1 1 fiscal? a.4.K. Kishore Chandra Deo : Tribal Affairs and Panchayati Raj. Shri Gurudas Kamat: Drinking Water and Sanitation. 5. Shri Paban Singh Ghatowar: Development of North Eastern Region. Shri Milind Deora: Communications and Information Technology.K. a.
12 c. Brazil 3. a. INS Sharabh b. Chile c. India 2. Brazil b. a. 18. of India has raised ex port price of onion by ___on July 15 2011 a. 3 b. In census 2011 child sex ratio in rural areas is a. July 16 c. When Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV C-17 successfully placed India’s latest communication satellite GSA T-12 in its orbit. Japan and the United States b. $45 A ns: 1 . then it was PSLV flight no. INS Vikrant 4. a. July 15 b.. Germany and the United States c.. The government has approved creation of additional storage capacity of about 152 lakh tone food grains... 1000: 925 5. 3.. 25 d. a. These storage will be formed in how many states a.. Japan and Netherlands d. $30 b. USA b. a 4. 1000: 916 d. 21 b. 19 b.. 1000: 927 c. b 3.. Brazil b. The Lokon volcano which erupted on July 1 5. Chile c. India d. 2011 is in. 5 d. a. Women's football World Cup final 201 1 was played between: a. Indonesia d. South Korea e.. a. a July 16. The winner of 2011 Women Football is. $50 d. 4 c.. How many Indians have found place in ICC dream team for Test Cricket? a. INS Virat c. none of these
. New Zealand and Australia A ns: 1 . Uganda e. 2011 is in. INS Bheem d. 1000: 914 Butterfly’s
b. a 5. The Lokon volcano which erupted on July 15. Common Service Centre Common Service Centre is observed on. 19: 1. $40 c. Gov. 16 3. July 13 6.CURRENT AFFAIRS & GK JULY 2011
3. 18 c. Indonesia d. 17. 9 4. a July 15: 1. Which Naval ship has been decommissioned on July 1 4 201 1 by Indian Navy a. 2 e. 2. July 14 d. c 2. b 6. a 4. 20 d. Uganda 2. b. Japan c.
Thailand c. has decided to improve green cover in national capital by a. a 4. Darjeeling c. New Foreign secretary of state d. South Korea and Mongolia b. This island is in. South Korea and China c. 50 2. 2. Media tycoon c. Who is Ruper Murdoch? a. Japan and Mongolia d.. a 5. Pakistan c.. A July 24: 1 . a. Norway b. 7. Writer b. 61 d.. Recently at least 84 people died when the gunman opened fire at the youth camp organised by the ruling Labour Party on Utoeya island. 27 % d. Signing of the tripartite agreement for the creation of Gorkhaland Territorial Administration held at a. a. none of these
. 51 c. b.. 24% 5. Rebel leader in Libya e. 3. Dancer d. 170 million tonnes c. none of these 5. In which state Uranium Corporation of India has found huge deposits Uranium? a.. In July President Pratibha Devisingh Patil visited which of the following countries? a. Hoogly e. short put e. TN b. a. none of these Ans: 1. none of these Ans: 1. which country has decided to conduct elephants census after almost a century ? a. 23% c. a. Wrestling b. a. Siliguri d. China c. 400 relay race 8. 100 million tonnes e. d.CURRENT AFFAIRS & GK JULY 2011
4. b 2. Singapore b. The Committee of Secretaries has recommended how much per cent FDI in the multi-brand retail? a. Amy Winehouse. Sri Lanka e. Austria e. Germany d. 20 billion d. c. archery c. Zimbabwe 6. On July 22 India opened its first Border Haat with a. 70 million tonnes b. 44 e. Kerela e. Gagan Narang.. Assam c. India’s coal stocks touched all time high at. b. 18% e. c 3. a 7 . South Africa d. 10 billion c. e 6.33% b. 4. b. Andhra Pradesh d. Japan 7. Business tycoon b. Poet c. Singer 6. none of these 7. Bhutan 3. The Centre has fix ed a target of___ dollars for investment in the North-East within next five y ears. c. who was found dead at her flat in London on July 23rd was a. is related with. 5. 71 b. shooting d. Kolkata b. 1 trillion b. Vietnam and South Korea 4. who has been selected for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna. 5 trillion e. Sri Lanka b. 6. 90 million tonnes d. c 8. Malaysia and North Korea e. Player e. Delhi gov.. b July 20-23: 1. Bangladesh d. Nepal e.
July 25 e. Prasar Bharati is conducting e-auction for available slots on DTH platform. 100 b. 70 crore rupees b. B 3. Delhi b.000-crore rupee e. 5th India steel Summit held at a.000-crore rupee b. Nock-ten a tropical recently hit? Butterfly’s
a. The government aims to set up how many new mega food parks across the country in the 12th Plan? a. Indore c. Education and Outsourcing Center? a. To which country India will give $20 million Line of Credit for setting up a Joint Information Technology. July 29 d. none of these 3. Viveksuri e. Bokaro e. a July 24-25: 1. Cambodia d. Truong Tan Sang b. Hina Rabbani Khar. which state constituted a state level Security Committee to ensure security in six districts during Kanwar Yatra 2011 ? a. Rohinton Fali Nariman b. UP d. S. World Hepatitis Day was observed on a. a. none of these 2. Thailand e. b 3. Afghanistan d. Bhopal d.Sanyal d. Japan d. 70. Sweden d. Vietnam c. none of these 6. b 2. Estonia e. Mongolia b. 75 d. UAE e. Lithuania c. Nguyen Tan Dung c.CURRENT AFFAIRS & GK JULY 2011
2.N. none of these 5.000-crore rupee c. none of these 3. Bangladesh b. Delhi b. d 5. July 27 c. WiChe Fang e. none of these 4. none of these 5. Finland c. 50 crore rupees c. none of these answers: 1 . a July 27-28: 1.K. a 2. is the first woman Foreign Minister of. none of these 4. with which country India. New Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister of India would be from Oct.Daphtary c. Indian Railway s is planning anti-collision devices in trains for better safety. New President of Vietnam is a. Tan ding d. Jay ant Bhatt b.000-crore rupee d. Mohan Parasaran e. Pakistan c.3 2011 onward a. H. none of these answers: 1 . 30 crore rupees e. C. Holland e. Philippines b. none of these 2. recently signed double taxation avoidance agreement with first Baltic country ? a.K. none of these
. 100. This will cost railway s nearly a. Latvia b.. Khanna d. a 6.. 60 e. 50.. The exercise would fetch. 46 crore rupees d. Haryana e. a. 50 c. Uttarakhand c. a 4. 25. New Solicitor General of India is? a. none of these 3.. Puluck Chatterjee c. July 28 b. who recently visited India.
SK Engineering Butterfly’s c.29 lakh on 25 July 2011? a.CURRENT AFFAIRS & GK JULY 2011
6. 26 July c. none of these Answers: 1 . 25 July b. announced its decision to combine two divisions offering services based on CDMA and GSM. Name the public sector lender that selected Metlife as its partner for a proposed foray into the life insurance segment. Indira Gandhi c. Rehab d. Glencore b. Idea Cellular Answer: (a) 4. a 4. Which company announced on 27 July 2011 that secured an engineering. Love Is a Losing Game Answer: (a) 2. a. Hamid Ansari d. General Motors India launched the diesel version of which car with a starting price of Rs 4. Back to Black b. Punjab National Bank c. Curion Education Answer: (a) 3. MTNL d. Chevrolet Beat c. c 5. Sanhai and Vinmar d. British singer and song writer Amy Winehouse whose self-destructive habits overshadowed a distinctive musical talent was found dead on 23 July 2011 in London. Chevrolet Cruze Answer: (b) 2. Everonn b. Which of the following days is celebrated as the Foundation Day of Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) was formed in 2006? a.. two rival technologies? a. b 6. Which telecom unit in a circular issued on 24 July 2011. Piron Education d. Stronger Than Me c. United Bank of India Answer: (b) July 30-31 1. Hakim Syed Zillur Rehman b. a. Name the Former Indian Prime Minister who was honoured with the highest Bangladesh award — the Bangladesh Swadhinata Sammanona (Bangladesh Freedom Honour ) on 25 July 2011? a. Spark b. Name the leading education company which launched the master resource centre (MRC) in Chennai on 25 July 2011. Bharti Airtel c. P. Chevrolet Optra d. 31 July Answer: (c)
. Tata Teleservices b. a 3. Syndicate Bank b. procurement and construction (EPC) contract worth $320 million from Jurong Aromatics Corp a. a July 29: 1. V Narasimha Rao b. 27 July d. a 2. Educomp Solutions c. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Answer: (b) 3. Jubin Mehta e. c. a. Rajiv Gandhi d. Syed Ahmed Khan Jr. For which of her albums did she win 5 Grammy awards? a.. The author of "Ross Masaud" is. Corporation Bank d. Essar Projects Ltd Answer: (d) 5.
28 July Answer: (d) 5. a) 43. 1966 and 1972. His persuasion to the Maharashtra Government to implement Employment Guarantee Scheme on a pilot basis finally led to enactment of Employment Guarantee Act in the Maharashtra in 1970.5 Answer: (a) 43. Which one of the following became the first Baltic nation to Sign a double taxation avoidance agreement with India? a) Lithuania b) Spain c) Estonia d) Poland Answer: (a) Lithuania 1. i) The Lokpal will consist of a Chairperson and 8 members. 3. The President of India. Consider the following statements regarding Lok Pal bill. The Annual Plan Outlay for Kerala for the Year 2011-12 Finalised at __ Crores. d) Neither i nor ii is correct. The fund is likely to benefit __crore workers in the unorganized sector. As Chairman of the Maharashtra Cottage Industries Board.6 c) 34 d) 20. Answer: (a) Both i and ii are correct. c) Only ii is correct. Which of the above statements is/are correct? a) Both i and ii are correct. Which day was celebrated as first official World Health Organization-supported World Hepatitis Day in July? a.CURRENT AFFAIRS & GK JULY 2011
4. 25 July c. The Union Cabinet of India on 28 July 2011 approved the proposal for the enactment of a new legislation in the form of the Lokpal Bill. Pratibha Devisingh Patil on 21 July 2011 released a commemorative postage stamp on Vitthal Sakharam Page. 27 July d.3 4. traditional artisans and agricultural labourers. Which of the following facts related to Page are not true? 1. ii) The Chairperson would be from the Butterfly’s judiciary and only a serving or retired Chief Justice of India or a Judge of the Supreme Court would be eligible for being appointed as Chairperson. 20 July b. he implemented the Employment Guarantee Scheme for rejuvenating the age-old traditional village industries.3 b) 35. a) 12010 crores b) 13010 crores c) 11110 crores d) 14010 crores Answer: (a) 12010 crores 2. 4. Half of the members shall be judicial members. His integrated Area Development Scheme for the integrated development of village areas and the amelioration of small land holders. 2011. b) Only i is correct.
. The Union Cabinet Approved National Social Security Fund for Un-organised Sectors. Which one of the following nations Germany thus became the first European nation since 1995 to allow its citizens to visit Kashmir after it revised an advisory that had cautioned against trips to Kashmir? a) Germany b) France c) UK d) Spain Answer: (a) Germany 6. 3. He was elected to the Bombay Legislative Council successively in 1952 and 1954 and to the Maharashtra Legislative Council in 1960. 2.
Who did the Union government appoint on 23 July 2011 as the Solicitor-General. Harish Hande runs a solar electricity firm that has lit up over 125000 households to emerge as India's leading solar technology firm. Harish Hande established the company SELCO India in Bangalore in 1995. 1 & 3 d. 27% c. a. Rohinton Nariman c. 13% d. Only 1 b. the second senior most law officer of India? a. 42% Answer: (a) 7. Only 3 c. Gopal Subramanium d. His company provides affordable renewable energy services to poor villagers along with doorstep financing and services. 36% b. Two Indians -Nileema Mishra and Harish Hande were chosen Ramon Magsaysay Award for 2011.Which of the facts regarding them are false? 1. Only 4 Answer: (c) 5. She founded the Farmer’s Association in Bahadarpur village of Madhya Pradesh which has a population of around 10000 to Butterfly’s
provide rotating interest. Only 4 d. Nileema Mishra was recognized for her purpose-driven zeal to work tirelessly with villagers. According to World Health Organizationsponsored study on Major Depressive Episode (MDE) published in the BMC Medicine journal what percentage of Indians suffer from what is called Major Depressive Episode (MDE)? a. 1 & 3 Answer: (c)
. 4.CURRENT AFFAIRS & GK JULY 2011
a. 3. Only 1 c. 2 & 4 b. 2. Fali S Nariman b. Harish Salve Answer: (b) 6.free loans to farmers.