Certificate of Enlistment U/S 118/119 of West Bengal , Municipal Act.1993, vide schedule-1/Licence No. 428/Sl No.
5026 Mathabhanga/Coochbehar/WB/INDIA Main address: Saibal Ray, 2-Sitanath Road, Ward no: 6, PO: Mathabhanga, Dist: Coochbehar, West Bengal, INDIA
MRP: ID: G2514302SRORANGE
To the great souls and the fire
All rights are reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the publisher.
First Edition:07/08/2007 Second Edition:28/02/2013
Ray publisher firstname.lastname@example.org
Ext: C 107, Gosthotala New Scheme, Garia, Kolkata -700084, West Bengal, India
Category: Fiction A fantasy story for young adult
The main story©Saibal Ray Saibal Ray asserts the moral right to be identified as the author of this work.
1. Water Water Everywhere She came out of the bathroom wrapping up her half wet body with a white bathrobe. She dried herself with a white towel. She stopped for a while and shook her head aside to bring lovelocks close her nostrils so she could smell the fragrance of the new conditioner that she applied today for the first time. Then again she walked ahead. She went in front of the mirror and checked out how the reddish pimple spot, on her left cheek, was disappearing slowly. Thanks to her hard work for days on end. When she looked at her eyes in the mirror, she really did not understand, rather did not want to understand what was happening there inside her favourite long classic wooden mirror, which she brought from her house, instead of buying a new one in the lonely city of Kolkata. She kept staring at and found that other side of mirror glass did not represent the exact image of her small cute
pink walled room. Instead it was dramatically different – a pinkish evening sky on the bosom which were flying some glittering birds with silver plumage. The sun hurried to set dispersing the golden tint on the surface of small oval pond. The sky became dark. Slowly a subcutaneous wavering bluish glow, emerging out of the water, fell on her bright cheek. ‘Oh’, she told herself, ‘I look like a fairy.’ Her eyes were brighter. Her lips became curved with a joyful smile. She jumped into the pond and sunk deeper and deeper in to the fathomless blue. It was just water and water everywhere – no limit up and down. She rolled her body into the clean water. She cuddled in the bright and cool water. She just fell in love with sweet water and at last found some pebbles glittering at the bottom. She flew down in relaxation. Every limb of her body felt fresh. The glittering pebbles were gradually coming within the
close vicinity of her sight. Yes! At last she landed on the dazzling bottom land of the pond. It was full with bright diamonds. She slept on the bed of glitz. With her palm and feet she touched the jewels lying around. She smiled in an unachievable satisfaction. She closed her eyes and imagined that all the jewels like rows of little obedient ants, were walking on her skin tickling in a strange pleasure. By this time her right palm found a round smooth object among the crowd of jewels. Picking up she opened her eyes and discovered that the round object is nothing but a red apple. But suddenly it slipped out of her hand and rolled down the glitzy bottom land. She turned left to hold it again. But to her utter surprise it became white smoky diffusing bubbles. The smell of these bubbles made her feel sleepy on the bed of jewels.
2. She is Orange The irritating cell phone rang right at this moment. The wall clock said that she was already late. A very polite male voice uttered her name, Rani, while she kept dressing up just holding the cell phone on one ear. She replied as usually, though nowadays she was not very fond of her own cliché name. This was her real name given by her father. And as always she loved it. But at times it sounded so usedup to her that she felt like ignoring it. She loved to call herself Orange whenever she moved herself to her very own land of imagination. Why Orange? She never tried to research on it. She only knew that her precious body would feel heavenly cozy if it was wrapped up with smoky blanket of soft white cloud. It was no wonder that she always loved to dream and live in the world of her own imaginations. Whenever
she had a little time in her solitude, saw glimpses of pleasure, lights of hope and course of a happy life. She knew how to feel heat and cold together. A young man, Joy, on the other side of the telephone asked her whether she was busy. She said ‘naturally’. When he wanted to know if she was getting bored because of his phone call, she replied, ‘I have no time to get bored’. Again the young man tried to please her by saying that he might be disturbing her. She immediately replied ‘a bit’ without any hesitation and opened the door of the refrigerator. She picked up a bottle of cold milk. Having a sip of that she asked with cold voice whether the young man had anything else to say. The hopeless man, trying hard to woo her, asked if she would be free at 6 o’clock in the evening. She said ‘yes’. The young chap just jumped up in the sky and wished that they would have coffee. But she said ‘No I have to shop,
bye’. Without any prior hint she cut the cell phone and just rushed out in hurry locking the door from outside. The moment the lift got open, she came across Nikita, a young woman of her age, who used to live in the apartment next to hers. She asked her to come at night, as they had a lot to gossip about. Nikita said at a stretch that she would definitely come and talk a lot about a new experimental recipe she had learnt, a new flavoured lipstick she had just bought and a really new tasty trick that she had just read about how to play with the mind of one’s man. When she stopped the lift had already moved half a floor down. Our beloved Orange caught a taxi on the way.
3. On the way It was a bit hot outside. She was constantly looking at her watch. When she told the taxi-driver to drive faster, he stopped the car with a sudden jerk. There was a small crowd in front of the car. She was going to ask one of them about the incident. But she chose to keep her mouth shut, when she caught the glimpse of an unconscious man, who was carried resting on the shoulders of two other men, having his face deeply lacerated with some heavy chopper-like weapon. His clothes were blood soaked. She immediately turned her eyes away and got caught sight of a hoarding. It was a famous brand of wine with a backdrop of a bluish sea beach where some ‘hot gals’ were having ‘fun’ with some ‘hot guys’. She felt like puking. The driver pushed the accelerator when the crowd moved to the other end of the road. She closed her eyes and tried hard to calm down the palpitating heart. She saw stinking dark smokes and heard a buzz. The car got stopped with
another light jerk. She opened her eyes and asked the driver ‘what happened?’ although within a moment she realized that she reached her office.
4. Joy woos her As planned she met Joy in the evening in front of a cafeteria. Joy looked smart in an indigo T-shirt. Orange did not wear orange. Instead she chose a black top teamed with blue jeans. Both of them certainly appeared as a pair of happy young lovers to most of the passers-by. However Joy wanted to know whether she would like to shop at first. Suddenly she started sobbing making Joy bewildered at the crowded footpath. He looked around here and there and asked incompletely ‘what?’ Though he found it a chance to hold her in his arms, he just put his consoling palm on her right shoulder. She stepped back wiping her eyes, while Joy asked what she cried for. Joy looked at her wet and bleary eyes. She described what she saw in the morning on the way to her office. Before Joy uttered any word of consolation, she became as steady as before and entered the cafeteria. They had coffee together. They shopped a lot. At last they caught a taxi to return home. Joy requested her
repeatedly to come to his place. But every time she avoided this idea by saying something else. When Joy became impatient and tried to kiss her, she just gave a tight slap on his shaven cheek. He found it strange and kept looking at her eyes for a while with his confidentturned-despondent eyes. Even to his utter surprise she smiled as if his expression was really funnier than anything. He could not understand how to respond to this situation. He thought that he still should not lose his courage. So acquiring some courage he held her left hand and kissed thrice on the palm. She immediately stopped smiling and asked the driver to stop the car and got down leaving him puzzled again. Before he said sorry, she moved away catching another taxi. Joy called her over phone several times. But she did not pick it to reply. Then he called Nikita. Nikita is such a girl, who always loved to seduce men and most of her time she delved into the art of seducing. The way she speaks was quite appealing to
men and when it comes to be Joy, immediately she increased the degree of seduction in her voice. Joy explained everything about how ‘rudely’ Orange behaved with him. Nikita consoled him by saying that Orange would definitely return to him and added, ‘Your lips are so cute. I know they cannot be bitter.’ As was expected Joy got excited and declared that that was why he always felt an affinity towards Nikita somewhere within his heart and that he wanted to meet her right at this moment. She smiled as if she foresaw this and advised that Orange might feel bad. But desperate Joy replied from the other side that he had made enough effort so far to make her realize that he loved her more than anything in this world. But she never replied even negatively. ‘Probably she does not love you, dear and maybe she does not want to go beyond friendship right at this moment’ said Nikita. Joy argued that he simply never understood the concept of good friendship since he always loved her and
wanted to be close. He said that he even did not understand what is wrong in it if he wanted to sleep with her, though he could never ask her to have premarital sex. ‘Why didn’t you tell her?’ asked Nikita. ‘Because she is always irritatingly conventional’, said Joy. Nikita smiled like a chirpy bird and said probably he did not know how to seduce girls. She added like a good old teacher, ‘It is an art.’ ‘Can you teach me?’ asked Joy with no delay and Nikita also never made mistake to understand the hint. She whispered, ‘Yes honey. I will call you when I have time.’ Joy begged to meet her at that night. She whispered again, ‘No honey, tonight I’ll be busy with my boyfriend. We never fail to seduce each other and he is crazy for me. We taste each other like chocolates. If any day I feel bored of him, I will call you, dear, to have some sizzling fun with lots of sweats and toils. Good night. Bye Bye.’
5. Sex and Nikita In her small kitchen Orange was cooking dinner while Nikita knocked at the door. Nikita was so impatient to meet her that instead of pressing the door bell, she kept striking the door with her knuckles without any pause. She was doing so not because she felt eager to tell the tale of her telephone- conversation with Joy, but she was by nature a social, talkative, unmarried creature, living as alone as Orange in another apartment of the same building. The moment Orange opened the door she almost jumped in with a mouthful of words. She smelled the food which Orange had just cooked in the kitchen and recalled the new recipe she had learnt in the morning. She described it briefly at a stretch and insisted her to bring a pen and a paper. She herself enthusiastically wrote it down. Then she decided to cook it out right away since it was an experimental recipe and it was always impossible for her to resist the passion of cooking and eating when it comes to a kin d o f brand new
recipe. But Orange said that she had already made the dinner and if they then again cooked anything, it would just be wasted. Nikita stopped for a moment since the logic sounded quite appropriate to her. However, after a moment’s pause, she found a nice solution. She had not cooked her dinner yet. So she could easily cook it for herself and share with Orange. She rushed out to buy stuffs and required spices and at last she just finished everything the way she wanted. As she could not stop when it comes to food, she arranged the dinner on a table which Orange sometimes used to study. They shared the tasty dish together. Having the first bite, Orange appreciated the recipe while Nikita belched out ‘yummy’ like a gourmet. Then Nikita changed the topic at once by announcing that she was going to marry her boyfriend, Rahul, within next six months, though the date had not been finalized yet. Orange became really happy and said, ‘At last you did it. I was really worried about you’. ‘You always worry
for nothing. He is a good man. He is crazy for me and I also feel crazy for his touch. You know he is also a very good student. Whenever I give him lessons about how to please me, he learns very fast.’ ‘Do you still sleep with him?’ ‘Yes, sometimes. It’s really fun to have it with him. He knows perfectly how to touch me.’ ‘Yes, I know.’ ‘How do you know? Do you have a boyfriend? Why didn’t you tell me before?’ Having finished the dinner Orange pushed the chair behind to get up. She went to the kitchen and kept her dish in the sink. Nikita still waited for her reply. When Orange returned, she asked her again whether she was going to marry in near future. She shrugged saying, ‘I don’t know. I no longer want to decide anything. It’s now up to my parents. I have had enough of
what people call love. Now I enjoy my solitude.’ ‘You are strange! I have no idea about how to enjoy solitude. I cannot live alone. If, say, nothing is okay in my life, I still need someone who can touch me the way I want.’ ‘I don’t live alone.’ ‘I knew you have a boyfriend. But you never told me.’ Nikita was waiting to hear the name of Joy from her mouth. She expected that he at least h e aroused love in Orange’s confused heart. She hoped that she would feel an unnatural pleasure when Orange would discover herself that she loved Joy. Nikita asked again, ‘Tell me who this is?’ ‘He is there in my bedroom. But I don’t think you will understand.’ ‘What do you think I am a child or what?’ Nikita could not wait any more. She entered her bedroom and found it void of any
human being. She thought the man was hiding somewhere in that room. But disappointing her to the fullest, Orange showed her the mirror which was almost six feet long. Nikita could not even laugh at the idiocy of Orange. She said, ‘Are you going crazy?’ ‘I said you won’t understand.’ ‘Fantasy, huh! I tell you it is useless. Do you know what I feel when I stand before a mirror?’ ‘What?’ I feel the smoothness and shape of my body. I feel someone should massage it every day to enhance its beauty. I feel my whole body needs a regular exercise of sex. I think my mind gets relaxed, only when my body is pleased. So I just call him and whisper ‘I love you’.
6. Orange meets Nikita in Dream However, nothing of whatever Nikita said moved her a lot, though she always enjoyed Nikita’s sexual adventures. Since it was already too late for them to wake up in the morning, Nikita bade her goodbye. Entering into her apartment Nikita came in front of the mirror and sniggered. Orange also did the same, locking the door. Coming in front of her beloved mirror, she undressed herself and walked slowly ahead. She saw her free image on the other side of the mirror glass. She wanted to see a lot more, but time and her weariness of the whole day did not let her be awake any more. The pragmatic idea of, early to bed and early to rise, engrossed her. Switching off the soft white fluorescent light, she went to bed. Only a cool blue night lamp glowed in the dark. She thought she would have a nice dream tonight, but soon she discovered
that sleep was not calling to her so easily. For quite a few days she had been suffering in insomnia. Every night was gradually turning a nightmare, keeping her continuously worried about how to sleep well even on the bed. She felt disgusted thinking that few days later some clever author would definitely write a bestseller book on ‘How to sleep well’. At last without any warning drowsiness caught her eyes. She only realized that she was driving a small black car on a long straight highway passing through green paddy field with yellow patches of mustard flowers. She moved the car faster and faster leaving the idyllic landscape behind. All of a sudden she felt that she had seen someone squatting by the road wearing a black cloak. She stopped and turned the car back and found a young woman lying by the road with her knees bent in pain. The dishevelled hair so covered the face of
that woman that it became almost impossible to recognize her. She wore a grey dirty straightjacket and looked completely exhausted. Orange knelt down before her removing hair from her forehead. She was startled discovering that it was Nikita with bleary tortured eyes. All her face was smeared with dust and dried water which came down from her eyes sometimes ago. Orange spread her hands to help her get up letting Nikita’s hands rest upon her shoulder. Then she carried her into the car. But Nikita remained speechless as if she has gone into coma. When she just closed the door of the car and sat at the steering, Nikita started weeping. Orange drove the car fast to reach home as soon as possible. She brought Nikita to her bedroom and helped to rest on the bed. Nikita cried aloud. When Orange asked what the matter was she told, ‘He had put me naked on the
internet.’ ‘I told you, don’t be so open to your boyfriend’ Orange replied immediately. Nikita kept sobbing, while Orange consoled her by rubbing her shoulder and back.
7. Grandma Slowly she fell c o m p l e t e l y asleep dreaming further. Orange lit up a cigarette and stood by the window with her mature eyes. She looked at the busy crowded street down there. A sexy young man, wearing a black jacket and black sun glass came riding a motor bike. He kept the motor bike, in front of a coffee shop. It started raining. The young man rushed back to his bike and got a huge plastic from the carriage box to save it from the rain. A butterfly flew across her nose into the room. It was flying as though lost in a labyrinth. She felt claustrophobic and thought that she would go out to meet that ‘black jacket’. As a consequence she searched for her umbrella, but in vain. She then came down and went to the coffee shop looking for the ‘black jacket’, who was not
there. So she turned back being a bit disappointed. Just after while she found him moving out by a gap of the transparent glass door. She followed him. But before she said anything the young man moved away with the rumble of his bike. It was still drizzling outside. She went into another departmental shop next to the coffee shop and visited the vegetable section, as she felt a bit hungry. She took an apple, came to the billing counter, but discovered that she forgot to bring the purse. The man in the counter directly called the police instead of giving her any chance to explain. She had no other option but to run away. She moved out of the shop, came to the footpath, bewildered, and chose an unknown direction after a moment of thought. A while later, she saw a multi-storied, stale building. She entered into the building and climbed the stair. On the third floor she found an
apartment with its door ajar. Without giving it a second thought she moved into the room and latched the room from inside. There was a huge chandelier hanging from the shabby roof. The beauty of this old room full with classic precious furniture enthralled her. It looked like the interior of an abandoned palace with a large floor, where couple of children could easily play musical chair, and the four corners were furnished respectively with a large wooden box, an empty clothes rack and two beds with fixed spirally curved wooden sticks necessary for hanging mosquito net. A little away from the centre towards the side wall there was another beautiful round table, filled with pile of some very old news papers and books. When Orange put the apple on this table, she heard the creak of a rusty hinge. She turned back immediately and found an old woman, supporting the
bent upper part of her body on a curvy brown stick like her grandma; she came in from the attached room and sat on another long ‘easy chair’ (easy-to-lie chair) which was kept just by the table and slightly tilted upward at the back side and almost as comfortable as a bed. Surprisingly she so said that she knew that Orange would come to her. Orange did tell her, ‘Police is after me’. The old woman relaxed her by telling not to worry anymore because inside this apartment she was completely secure. Orange called her grandma without any prior introduction as if she had known her since her child hood, though she in reality could not even have remembered how her grandma looked, had she not seen her in photographs. However, grandma also became very happy meeting her grand child in her apartment. She repented that it had been a long period
since she had no opportunity to tell fairy tales to Orange, her grandchild. And as now she had found Orange she expressed her will to tell a story. Orange readily and joyfully accepted this proposal. Her heart experienced a sweet mild pleasure, which she only used to feel in her childhood under the starry winter sky in soft moonbeam slipping through the mysterious, obscure, foggy air above the idyllic earth of her home town. Now she had grown up and experienced too much to be childish enough. But today like many other times, she discovered again the child within. She felt all the stress of her daily hassles disappear like bubbles. Losing no more time she simply sat on the floor near the feet of her grandma preparing herself to experience the fairy tale. So grandma opened her mouth with the story of enchanting words.
8. Apple of Life There was a prince, who had once overheard the story of his birth from his parents, in the kingdom of Bengal and knew that his life was confined into an apple. But he could not get the information where the apple was kept since his parents, the King of Bengal and his wife, never uttered that secret place even when the prince did not stay in the palace. They only mentioned that it was kept in a dense forest, which are seven seas away from the land of Bengal. The moment he heard this, the prince planned to find the apple. But he did not tell the story of his origin even to the minister’s son. The minister’s son was his only friend with whom he always shared almost every trivial as well as precious moment and thought. They gossiped together. They ate together. They played together and spent their lives in
enough luxury and comfort until the prince expressed his wish to see the foreign land. Though his real intention was to find out the apple, he never let the minister’s son know. To feel the charm of the adventure they did not take any servants with them. Instead they went themselves on horseback. They took two beautiful winged horses, one black for the prince and another white for the minister’s son, typically known as ‘pokkhiraj’ in the kingdom of Bengal. They rushed through the idyllic villages decorated with paddy fields; they w e n t over the mountains through the floating clouds and over the cities, small towns, jungles and seven seas. One evening, they reached in front of a cave in a dense forest, where there was no sign of human habitation. The minister’s son foresaw danger and advised the prince to go back. But the prince became almost certain that in this
forest he would find the apple of his life. The minister’s son warned him time and again that it would be unwise to spend the night in this forest and since they have almost enjoyed the travelling across the seven seas now it was time to move home. Unexpectedly, the prince ordered him to leave him alone and go back. The minister’s son said that though he guessed that there might be danger lying in this dense forest and it would be better if they left that place to return home, he could not leave the prince alone under any circumstance. But the prince thought that the minister’s son, however trustworthy he might be, should not see the apple in which his life is confined. So he again ordered, by reminding him that the minister’s son should always obey the prince, to go back and let the king know that he would return in a week. Despite his order the minister’s son insisted to
accompany him. But the prince at last told that if the minister’s son did not obey him, he would fight him with the sword and whoever would survive would pursue his wish and before finishing this verdict he flourished his sword in the air making the minister’s son head back home immediately. The sun had also set with disappearing silhouette of the equestrian minister’s son on the dusky horizon.
9. Underwater Palace It became darker and darker. There was not even moonlight on that very day. The prince, at first, thought of staying in the cave. But later he thought there might be deadly animals inside. So he decided to spend the night on the branch of a big tree. He tied up his horse at the foot of the tree and climbed up. When he just set himself to the most possible comfortable position on a thick branch, a mass of air coming from the mouth of the cave hit him. At the same time he also heard a powerful hiss and embraced the branch tightly so that he had no chance to fall down. As if as a consequence of the hiss, the opening of the cave got illuminated – a huge serpent came out with a ‘moni’, a jewel brighter than thousand diamonds, on its top. It doffed down the jewel aside and went for prey. The prince could not
help admiring the wonderful lustrous jewel shedding light on everything around. But his wonder soon turned into fear. The gigantic serpent came hissing near the foot of the tree and swallowed the horse tied with the trunk. The prince, on the tree, feared that he would be the next victim. But the serpent went about roaming away as if its hunger was satiated for a while. The prince has heard that life of a monster snake lies in the lustre of its moni and the lustre of the moni can be hidden if covered with cow dung or horse dung. Without losing a moment he descended from the tree as he guessed that some amount of horse dung would be available at the foot of the tree. He scouted for it, found and covered the jewel at last. As the gigantic cobra missed the lustre of the jewel, it rushed back to
the tree. Its breathing became like storm. It groaned and convulsed to death so horribly that it almost shook down the prince from the tree. Next morning he went into the cave with the dirty jewel. Inside the cave there was a small pond, where he washed the great jewel, which he heard was worth more than the property of seven kingdoms. With the help of the bright light illuminating from the jewel, he discovered a beautiful palace under water. Enthralled by the beauty of that enchanting palace, the prince decided to explore. With the lustrous moni in one hand he swam through the blue water and eventually fell down on a beautiful garden in front of the palace. The garden was full of almost every kind of flowers, from edelweiss to jasmine with lotus in the pond, lily, gandharaj –the king of smell, and varieties of roses around. Through a boulevard he
arrived at the gate of the palace. He was so astonished that he did not notice the absence of any human or animal around. As he entered the palace he smelled the air inside. It was as fragrant as the air outside. The inner walls around him were polished with gold tinselled with carefully scattered glittering diamonds. Besides there were classic wooden settee teamed with three sleek red pillows near the staircase, which went upstairs, decorated with silver balusters and golden railing. Nevertheless, it seemed to be a deserted house.
10. Conversation with Princess The curious prince went upstairs. Up there, he found a wooden door with an engraved king cobra. He tried to open the door and pushed slowly. But it was latched from inside. He tried it twice more; a sweet voice of a lady, from inside the room, asked ‘who is there bothering my dream?’ Enchanted by her voice the prince replied politely that he was the prince from the Kingdom of Bengal. She said, ‘Impossible! You are lying!’ - ‘Why should I lie?’ - ‘I don’t know. Where is the Kingdom of Bengal’? ‘It’s far far away’. - ‘How far?’ - ‘Seven seas and three mountains away.’ - ‘Impossible! How can you travel this far?’
- ‘I came to see you riding a ‘pokkhiraaj’? - What’s that?’ - ‘It’s a beautiful winged horse.’ - ‘That’s great.’ - ‘Do you want to see it?’ - ‘No, I don’t want to see you either. - ‘Why are you so rude, princess?’ - ‘Princess?!.........Yes, I am the princess of this forest and you should obey me as an obedient servant.’ - ‘I do obey you, your majesty.’ - That’s good.’ - ‘May I ask what your majesty is doing now?’
- Dumbooooooooooooooooooooo! What else except talking to my servant?’ - ‘I really meant what else are your majesty doing except talking to me.’ - ‘She is just sleeping on her golden bed.’ - ‘Okay. Would you mind if I leave for a while? - ‘What do you think, huh? Why should I mind if a stranger leaves this place?’ - ‘Please don’t get angry. I am really hungry and just want to have some food. Please allow me to go.’ The lady, inside, did not reply for a while and he was hungry and impatient. He knocked the door several times, said sorry hundred times; but she did not reply. At last when he said, ‘Slap on my face, but please don’t be silent. I just can’t bear your silence. It hurts my heart like a spur of
a cruel needle.’ she uttered, - ‘Okay! You have the permission. - ‘Oh! I feel so relaxed. Please never ever torture your servant like this. I really can’t bear your silence.’ - ‘It’s your duty to tolerate me. After all I am her majesty.’ - ‘Your servant is ready to serve whatever you wish. But please don’t be silent ever for heaven’s sake.’ - ‘It depends on the mood of her majesty.’ - ‘Okay. As you wish. Your servant will always try to keep the mood of her majesty up.’ - ‘You seem to be quite a sensible servant.’ - ‘Thanks a lot.’
- ‘What are you waiting for? Go and have your food.’ - ‘If you don’t mind can you tell me where I can get it?’ - ‘Dumboo! Go downstairs and turn right. There is a big store room with piled up fruits, wine and varieties of food.’ - ‘But you know one thing.’ - ‘What?’ - ‘When you call me dumboo, it really sounds sweet.’ - ‘Enough of flattering. Now go. Hungry stomach is bad for health.’ - ‘Thank you, princess.’ - ‘Welcome.’
After satiating his hunger with royal foods,
the prince came back again in the hope of seeing the princess sleeping inside the room. So, he knocked the door again. - ‘Princess, here is your servant ready to serve you.’ - ‘You are a good civilian! So you need not serve me anym ore! I’d rather give you a good post in my ministry! You know what; I like humble people of your type, because, precisely, I am not at all so humble. He he he… This is for the first time the princess smiled and he felt that now she would at least allow him to see her. So, again he flattered, - ‘I would love to enjoy your rudeness princess’ - ‘Yes.' You know even the mighty cobra has to bear my bossy nature all the time, because he has no other way.’
- ‘I hope I would enjoy it rather than bear it.’ - ‘That’s been nicely said. But I am really feeling sleepy now. I will talk to you, tomorrow. - ‘As you wish. Wish you have a sweet dream.’ - ‘Yes. I want to see my childhood friend Harry tonight.’ - ‘I am sure you will see him in your dream tonight.’
The princess did not reply any more. He got a bit depressed, though he has no other way except waiting for the next morning. Since he was also tired, he fell asleep at the threshold of princess’s room. Next morning he woke up, when the princess called from inside.
-‘Are you there?’ -‘Yes.' What did you see in your dream Princess?’ -‘You know I had a frightening dream of two snakes, larger than the mighty cobra. They were talking to each other.’ -‘What were they talking about?’ - ‘I can’t remember. They were whispering.’ - I heard dreaming about snakes is auspicious.’ - ‘Really?’ - ‘I heard so.’ - ‘Cool! By saying that you just made my day.’
- ‘I have an important work to do. I am just coming, wait a second.’ - ‘What’s so important work you have now?’
In the morning the prince just forgot to make water since he was so crazy about talking to the princess. Now, suddenly he felt the pressure. As he could not say it to the princess properly, he left after the excuse of an important work. Naturally the lonely princess became angry and felt hurt without getting reply from the other side. After a while when he came back, the princess just refused to answer any of his words. When the prince informed her that he was back, she just got so angry that she said, - ‘Just do whatever important work you were doing. I won’t disturb you anymore.’
- ‘Please don’t be angry. I did not mean to hurt you. I just forgot to take your permission to go outside for a while.’ - ‘Then go out and do whatever important thing you needed to do.’ - ‘I miss you. I miss you. I miss you a lot, because I cann ot see you. Hi princess, are you there? It’s your boisterous servant who wants to apologize. Please forgive him. Pleeeeeeeeeease! - ‘No need for that. You carry on with your work.’ - ‘Pleeeeeeeeeeease! I am so sorry. I really miss you. I never meant anything to hurt you. I really had something important to do. I knew I should have told you and politely ask for your permission. But somehow I did not do that. I apologize for that. Please don’t keep mum. I am sorry. I
love your arrogance. I love your attitude, I love your style, and I’d even love to have your slap, but believe me I can’t bear your silence. It really hurts me. Please let me know until when you want to keep mum to take revenge upon me. Okay!? I know that you understand that I am trying to flatter you; that I am trying to woo you; you understand everything on this earth, but one thing you really do not understand that I do all these because you like it. Please at least say whether I am disturbing you. If so, I’ll stop right away. I don’t want to disturb you in any way. Bye bye, princess. - ‘Okay, okay. It’s alright. Take it easy. The princess forgives you. You are pardoned. But never ever do this mistake again in future. - ‘I know princess. Thanks a lot. Your silence is really painful. I am not lying a bit. I
really missed you so much.’ - ‘This time the princess forgives you. Say thanks. - Thanks a lot. Thanks a lot. Thanks…… - ‘Hmm, okay okay, dumboo, how are you feeling now? - ‘How can I feel nice when the princess stops calling me dumboo?’ - ‘Actually, you know what, when the princess becomes angry with someone, she just can’t control. But then yes, I forgive too. - ‘Why didn’t you slap me if you were so angry with me? Why did you keep your mouth shut, instead? - ‘I would have done, had you been there in front of me, he he he…
- ‘So why don’t you let me in?’ - ‘Dumboo, the door has already been open.
11. Lust and Love He just could not realize when princess unlatched the door. He entered into the room. A young lady, leaning on a golden bed, was looking with her sharp and brilliant eyes reading the eyes of the stranger prince. The prince stood in silent rapture. But this time the princess really started behaving so that it became impossible for him to realize, whether he had been talking to the same woman just a few moments back. It was as if she became more conscious and pragmatic to deal with a stranger inside her bedroom. So, on seeing an unexpected stranger, she almost interviewed, ‘How did you get in this palace? Get out of this hell. This is the den of the mighty cobra. It devoured my parents, my brothers and all of my relatives. I am the only one whom he spared. Get out or he will eat you up.’ Joyfully the prince announced about his heroic deed. He
described vividly how he killed the mighty cobra. The young lady felt happier than ever before. No more could the prince hide his wish to marry her and she said, ‘Men always fall in love very easily. What I feel is they actually love lust and call it love. So I can’t marry you until you satisfy me with your decency and loyalty. If you understand what I mean, you can stay with me.’ The prince immediately so nodded his head that it seemed he is ready to agree with her to anything. Yet, on account of his curiosity he could not help asking her ‘Do you mean you don’t like lust?’ She smiled, ‘Clever dude! I never said I don’t like lust. But I never call it love. So you have no other option. Do you understand?’ The naughty prince replied back, ‘Suppose, I don’t understand.’ She said, ‘Then you will bore and harass me. I simply don’t want it
again. If you are such a bastard, you can leave.’ ‘Then who will take care of you in this deserted land.’ asked the prince. She said, ‘As if you are the omnipotent! Listen, everyone is vulnerable in this jungle and sometimes the pain of death is sweeter than ecstasy!’ He silently stared at her eyes for a few moments. She put her eyes down with a sigh. He walked towards her and sat on the bed. He put his lips by one of her ears and whispered, ‘I am sorry. I really did not mean it.’ She said, ‘I know.’ ‘Can I kiss your hand.’ the prince begged. She looked at him with arrogant eyebrows and said, ‘Don’t you dare. You have to please me before that.’ When the prince said that he could do anything she wished but to die, princess smiled gazing at his innocent face. ‘You can’t even die for me, then how do you expect to protect me?’ she asked and this time the prince became really emotional, ‘I am
really a coward. I know that. I am always afraid of dying. But it is only because I want to fall in love. When you love me, I am sure I will be courageous enough to die.’ The princess burst out in laughter.
12. Eye contact with a robber He knew quite well that the minister’s son would certainly come with the convoy of soldiers to rescue them from the horrible contingencies. So the prince started living with the princess happily. They ate together, played together, swam together, strolled together; touched each other, kissed each other; slept together and of course made love together. But after a point the life seemed too directionless to live and the princess decided to indulge her to the instinct of curiosity. She always wanted to see the upper world once again. But the prince, like the mighty cobra, always discouraged her saying that the daemons rule the upper world. And up there was a forest which was full of dangerous carnivorous animals and notorious robbers. But one day, when the prince was just taking a nap after having lunch together, she
picked up the lustrous ‘moni’ and finding way with the light of that jewel she ascended the bank of the pond. She found no mortal around and sat on the flight of stairs. In the fresh air of green forest, she washed her hair, scrubbed her legs, walked about along the boundary of the pond, though she could not acquire enough courage to go farther. When the sun in the west sky had just begun to spread dusky glow, she felt a scary palpitation inside. She came back; but did not tell the prince anything about this. Second day again she paid a visit to up and bathed in the pond water, went outside the cave and roamed in the forest. She found it quite like a funny game to swim up and move down every day. The next day, as usual, she made it to come up, when a gang of robbers had taken shelter inside the cave. The moment she emerged out of the water, one of them noticed.
They were dividing their stolen goods among themselves. Accidentally she had a scary transient eye-contact with the stranger. She hurried back immediately to sink into the water. But that robber, caught by the glimpse of a beautiful young lady, got just bewildered. He denied leaving that cave after they had finished allocating the robbed stuffs. His companions requested, implored, begged and at last forced him to come with them. But he was adamant to stay there. So they left him there with some foods and clothes. He had spent there for months just in the hope of seeing the young lady once more.
13. An attempt to murder In the mean time the prince became impatient. He expected the minister’s son to come to rescue them with cordons and convoys of soldiers since it had been a long time he was living with the princess. He felt that now it was the time to celebrate. So he decided to go home with her and have their wedding celebrated in pomp. They started their journey to up with the help of the lustrous jewel. He did not know anything about the robber living up in the cave, as the princess never revealed her adventure to him. The prince, with the jewel in left hand, came up. The robber was sleeping just by a mound in a corner of that cave. Though sleeping, he did not miss to hear the sound of upheaval in the pond-water. He woke up and immediately hid behind the mound. The robber noticed simultaneously the lustre of the snake67
jewel. At last enchanting him, the princess emerged out of the water. Within a spur of a moment the robber decided to kill the prince. He watched them going out carefully. When they were just passing by the mound, the robber brandished his chopper and stabbed the prince from back. He fell on the ground groaning to death. The snake-jewel flew off his hand. The princess cried out, ‘Help’. But nob ody heard. The robber did not make any mistake to pick up the precious jewel and tied it up into his loincloth. Midway he dug and hid the jewel in a particular place so that he could find it later, without letting his peers know. Then he carried the princess on his shoulder to their den. He thought that he would surprise his companions. But when they saw the princess, they did not allow him to join the gang again as the lady could be the reason of contention breaking their
unity. But the robber had already fallen in love with the princess and he chose to stay with her. Fortunately, all other gang members had no idea of his snakejewel. He returned to the place, where he hid that jewel. He dug it out and planned to visit the city to get some money by selling it. But it was the princess, who knew the real value of the jewel and guessed easily how the foolish robber was going to lose the rarest lustre. So she suggested him to go via the place where he stabbed the prince. She said him that there was thatched hut, where they can take rest for some days, near the cave. She had a hope that the prince might be alive and looking for her around the cave. If he found her, he would definitely rescue her from this stupid robber. But when they reached there, she could not find any trace of the prince and the robber also became angry since there was not any hut at all. It was
almost dark. The green forest appeared terribly dense. The helpless lady decided to tell him the way to under-water palace, as she hoped at least the minister’s son or, if no one, the prince would visit the palace in quest of hers. But none of them had the jewel with them. Nonetheless, she believed that the prince would come one day. Weeks passed, months passed, no one came. She had pleasure in nothing; she wept day and night, and kept waiting for the prince. Orange was impatiently curious. She could not help asking grandma, - ‘Would the prince come back?’ - ‘Yes.’ - ‘How?’ - ‘There was only one apple tree in the garden behind the under-water palace.
A beautiful red apple had always been hanging there since the birth of our prince. This was where his life was confined. It would never fall until the princess sit under the tree. When it would fall on her lap, she would try to give it a bite. The moment her lips would touch it, it would appear as the prince kissing her mouth passionately and the prince would acquire again the precious human life.’ - ‘When would she sit under the apple tree, gran’ma?’ - ‘Nobody knows.’
14. The verbal encounter It was a faint knock on the wooden door. The cop, who presumably chased her, was there knocking at the threshold. The grandma coughed and appeared as sick unexpectedly. She requested Orange to take her to the bed. Though distracted by the knock, she took grandma to the next door and closed the door after returning. The knock became harder. She headed toward the door. The half bitten red apple on the table caught her eyes for a moment. Once she thought that she should hide the apple. But she did not do so, since she knew that now her grandma can easily pay for it. She opened the door. The cop immediately rushed inside with furious ruddy eyes. Like a docile servant of the state, he uttered, ‘You are under arrest’. Now she calmly explained why she could not pay the bill assuring that her grandma can now pay it. He argued
saying that this was not the proper procedure to deal with this particular matter and he was obliged to present her to the court since the case was now completely under the jurisdiction of the court. She asked the cop then who would be there to take care of grandma and Nikita. The servant of the state, in uniform, said that it was not his concern and she should have thought it before stealing the apple. The conduct of the cop seemed a bit strange to Orange since it was not quite normal or even courteous to harass a young lady for a trivial apple. ‘Yes’ she got it. The eyes of the docile servant were glistening. She immediately offered him a lump sum amount of hush money. Naturally he refused to take it pretending to be a very honest officer of faith. She retorted right away, ‘Don’t ever expect to sleep with me.’
- ‘You are provoking me.’ - ‘I do not intend to provoke any one. I said what I felt.’ - ‘As if you don’t know you look voluptuous enough to trigger my instinct’. - ‘Yes, I guessed your triggered animal instinct.’ - ‘Fuck you! You know everything. But pretending to discover it by talking like a slut’? - ‘Mind your language! There is nothing to discover in it. It is quite normal for my curiosity and I love to indulge freedom for my inquisitive nature. I explore until it does not hurt or cheat anyone. It’s your problem that you are getting fucking tempted. I never meant it. So I don’t care.’
- ‘But the consequence could be fatal for you.’ - ‘You understand everything, huh?’ - ‘ …but you know honestly I always face a pain of conflict inside.’ - ‘Act as a moderator and let your instinct lose the battle.’ - ‘I am sick of doing that every time. But now in this apartment I am really feeling different. This placelooks completely abandoned and desolate. I cannot even relate to the crowd of old furniture around. Only thing which attracts me here in this lonely place is a beautiful young lady…’ - ‘I don’t want to hear you.’ - ‘You are too insensitive to tolerate.’ - ‘ …as if you are quite sensitive.’
- ‘That’s why I talked so long just to make you understand that…’ - ‘…that I have to satisfy your urge.’ - ‘No…I mean yes. When the urge comes, I just cannot control myself.’ - ‘At last the lech confesses.’ The police man walks slowly toward Orange, with his ‘tempted’ anger, saying, ‘Yes, I am a letch. So what?’ She knew very well that it was not difficult for him to molest and file a false case against her. But she did not step back. Though her heart was beating hard, she murmured, ‘That’s how the world runs, some one wins and someone loses.’ Immediately she devised a plan to cheat the cop. She asked him smartly, ‘Do you know why I stole such a cheap apple.’ He stopped and noticed her eyes to find whether she had a plan to
deceive him. Then she walked ahead and caressed and opened a button on his chest informing him that the apple had a smuggled diamond inside it. His greedy eyes glistened again. He stepped back freeing his soon-to-be-naked chest from her sexy caressing hand and asked for that apple. Orange looked at the table, where she had kept that red apple and found nothing but some stacks of old books. She really felt frightened, though she did not let the cop guess anything about it. Instead she continued the drama by saying that her grandma had already locked the apple in her secret chest. The moment the police man headed to the next room to find her grandmother, Orange planned to run away. But a bright light slipping through the threshold of the bedroom made her stop. Grandma, with a bright halo, behind, came out opening the door slowly with a creak. She stood as usually half bent leaning
on her beloved stick and said, “Up on the tree, Apple awaits Orange, the princess. The moment she bites, the prince kisses. But if she doesn’t ask, ‘Do you want to conquer me?’ she will lose him forever.” Listening to these lines uttered by her grandma, she simply opens the exit door, ran away blindly, and climbed upstairs. She reached the roof and found no way out. She could hear the footsteps of the cop climbing up. She closed her eyes in severe pain and stretched her hands. Then she ran to the edge finally casting herself down. She fell through the clouds and cold air finally down on to a muddy swamp land where, by a highway, once she had discovered repenting weeping dishevelled Nikita. A moment later Nikita arrived driving the same black car. Orange opened her eyes and took a few minutes to organise her thoughts, and to get set for the daily mundane life.
15. Transport Strike It had already been morning. As usual she prepared her breakfast, bathed, dressed and had breakfast. She threw the newspaper lying on the threshold outside on the table and came down to catch a cab. She waited in front of the gate for half an hour, then she realized that somehow the city had ceased to move that day. The road was not at all as crowded and noisy with running vehicles, as it should have been. She called her boss on phone and he confirmed a transport strike to be on. ‘O shit, I haven’t even read the news paper for the last seven days’, she thought, though she was quite relaxed since at least for that day there was no more office-stress she had to take care of. Right then her cell buzzed. It was Joy. When she confirmed it was herself, suddenly Joy said from the other side,
that he had ‘infinitely’ loved her. She really hated this sort of behaviour over phone. She said that she wanted to talk about that when they would meet next time. Joy just hopped up in joy and exclaimed that he would love to utter these words, once again, if she agreed to meet him in the same coffee shop of their choice. She agreed and disconnected the cell phone and then went back to her apartment. The moment she unlocked her door, and entered the apartment, she stumbled over the oval door mat. She discovered once again that she no more felt the wild rapture in heart the way she used to enjoy, handsome boys trying hard to woo her, in the days of her puberty. After leaving home town, settling down in this big city, the experience made her too scrupulous to be childishly crazy. She learned to wait and
watch. Life in this city made her mature enough to be decisive. Nikita always complained that her eyes were so mysterious that nobody could ever guess what she might think at any particular moment. She was not an introvert. She was quite talkative especially with Nikita. But somewhere in her mind she had a secret and she kept it so carefully intact within, that always a bright glow, making her awfully attractive, off from her eyes as well as appearance. The helplessly inquisitive altruist Nikita always said, ‘You have something unexplored within you’. It was really invisible to all her peers. It was as mysterious as nobody knew that an Orange always lived inside Rani. But both of Rani and Orange possessed just a single pair of eyes to share. The Orange, within, gifted her the glow of imagination and taught her how to see silver in rain
drops, diamonds in glistening bubbles, gold in the sun ray and how to separate tear from the tragedy. She remembered the lacerated face that she saw on the way to her office last day. Though she felt bilious, she was not surprised at all. Her memory recalled that she lost all her drawing books after leaving the school and saw a glimpse of oozing blood from her own lacerated heart. She crazily felt to have heard the sound of drizzling in a pond, she recalled the singing cuckoo of the spring of her childhood, and she heard her mother grating coconut to prepare sweet-cakes and how she, at the age of ten, closed her eyes and bathed in drizzling windy rain on the roof top of their house. However, she realized that time had made her a bit self- centered, though it was not that she always avoided office party and chose to live lonely.
On the contrary, she was known to be a very friendly person who knows perfectly how to socialize. She seldom went to her home. Most of the time, she talked to her parents over phone. They were usually worried about her marriage and had already started looking for a groom. She spent a lot of time gossiping with Nikita and sometimes envied her as a lucky woman who had a trustworthy boyfriend to please her all the time. But at the same time Orange felt that Nikita lacked the drive, which she believed was necessary to keep the backbone of a woman always upright. She lived with the shadows of her parents, Nikita, office and nowadays Joy. She lived with her rare collection of wardrobe, jewellery and footwear, and she lived with herself, the Orange.
16. A day to relax On the occasion of unexpected transport strike, she suddenly had a full day of spare time and she immediately decided to give beauty therapy a thought. She prepared some sandal wood paste by scrubbing a fragrant thick sandal wood stick on a flat round stone piece , specially etched to give friction, with water. Then she mixed up this paste with some rose water and applied on her whole face. She prepared another paste with ‘Multani’ soil and other ingredients to apply on her arms. Then she prepared a hair pack mixing up avocado, honey and egg in a blender. After oiling air with castor and coconut oil, she applied the pack on her hair and then she switched on the television and watched a travel show after smearing the paste all over her body. She could not
concentrate on the television for a long time, since the week’s untidiness caught her attention. She went towards her bed, put the pillows aside, and pulled the bed sheet uncovering the bed, shook and dusted it, then again setting the bed sheet and pillows in place she went to the window and pulled the curtain aside so that fresh sunlight gets in. She noticed a kite flying high on the sky. She opened the door, moved to the balcony and looked at the kite again leaning on the railing with metal balusters. She left an invisible sigh in the urban air and came back into the room. Now she opened her wardrobe with a pile of unwashed clothes lying below. She brought all of them to the bathroom and soaked them into detergent water for washing later. Then she cleaned up her untidy reading table and dressing desk attached with the
long mirror with wooden frame. She picked up the news paper lying below the table and sat on the bed again. She browsed through it without any concentration. Then she picked up a blue covered book from her wooden bookshelf attached on the wall by her bed. The blue cover is etched with some glittering pink words –‘Fairy Tales for Young Adults’- of a sort of classic fonts. Actually the book was a collection of picture stories. She turned open the book and found only one story – ‘The Fountain & The Rainbow’ – in a single whole page. Turning the page she moved to the first chapter – ‘The Princess Waits’. On the backdrop of a beautiful palace interior, there was the princess, in her gorgeous gown, standing near the window and looking outward. Next page consisted of no more words but
only the face of the princess in sunlight coming through the window. She turned to the next page; again no words, but a big picture of her waiting eyes in which a shimmering fountain vaguely dazzles. In the next page she found the fountain cascading down into the valley of flower in between two green mountain peaks on the lap of the lines of blue mountains, far away behind. Then the princess came back and tried to open a door. But there was a big old hanging lock in the next page – the door was locked from the outside. After that she skipped several pages to find the pages of her choice and reached a new chapter – ‘The Prince Comes through Jungle’ – teamed up with a picture of a prince in royal dress, riding a white winged horse, running through a forest. As usual the next page contains the picture of the equestrian prince flying over
the snow-white mountains. Again she turned several pages together and saw a picture of that prince kneeling down in front of the princess and offering a red rose to her. Next, there was another picture of the same fountain flowing through the colourful valley of flowers with a new touch of rainbow in the sky, busy with floating dark and white clouds, and not only that but also in this fairy land the princess and the prince on the horse were just taking off. The heading of this chapter was ‘The Rainbow Shines and The Fountain Smiles’. The Princess Travels across The Sky’. By then, the facial mask had already started breaking and falling down. So she closed the book and went to the bathroom. After a long time, she enjoyed a pleasant shower on a week day. She kept the shower on, buzzed a few popular romantic songs at least for an
hour and guessed that she would surely have a sweet refreshing dream that day. After the pleasant shower, she draped herself in a knee-length wine-red sleepwear. She played the Chopin’s piano on her music system and lied on the bed with eyes closed for having a meditating nap with a sweet dream. But all her efforts were futile. She did take a short nap. But her tired eyes did not let her to experience a nice dream. She felt a piercing headache; got up and went to the kitchen for having a cup of coffee. She prepared, came back and kept the cup of coffee on the desk of the dressing table. The lazy smoke from the hot coffee was fading away in the air. She took a sip and looked at her tired face on the mirror. The reddish pimple spot had shrunk a little more. She tried hard to see something different on the other side of the mirror.
She wanted to see the reflection of blue autumn sky. But nothing happened. It was boringly her reflected image. She felt shrunken within and took another sip of hot coffee. She wanted to break the mirror like a rebel, nonetheless, went back to the music player and stopped it. Then she moved into the kitchen. She washed some lentils and put it into a pressure cooker. Then she poured some water into it and placed on the oven and lit it up with a gas lighter. Till the cooker would blow whistle, she felt she could nurture one of her old hobbies. She went to the reading table, took a white paper and a book with hard back, a pencil and an eraser; sat on the bed, kept the paper on the hard cover of the book, started sketching a dress. Designing dresses was always interesting to her. She wanted to be a famous fashion designer. But the course
of her life took a different turn. In the mean time she just unmindfully scratched the pimple on her cheek with the butt-end of the pencil. Consequently a small amount of blood oozed out. She realized it the moment, when she kept the pencil on the white page, smearing the page with a streak of blood, while erasing a cut on the chest of the sketched human figure. She felt a bit tensed and headed to the dressing desk to get a bit of sandalwood paste smeared on that pimple. She looked at her face on the mirror. But unexpectedly, there was no mark on her beloved face.
17. Water play She just felt wondered when the pink wall of her sweet little room, slowly changed into an afternoon sky in the mirror. The wall clock became a bird chirping across the sky. White clouds floated over the roaring sea. Orange stood on the shimmering sand beach, enjoying the mystery of endless horizon. Suddenly her grandma’s words knocked at her head. She thought that she would surely find the apple tree somewhere around. When she turned back, she saw a thatched cottage. A little away, behind the cottage, there was a silhouette of a dense forest. She ran towards the cottage. But she did not stop there. Instead she ran behind crossing the cottage to find the apple tree. She went farther and farther towards the jungle. It was really dense, full of big trees, long trees, shrubs, bushes and
creepers and herbs. When she entered deeper into the jungle, suddenly one of her feet got stuck in the swamp muddy soil. The place was full of mangrove trees with their roots emerging out on the earth. She got awfully scared and returned without giving her adventure a second thought. The moment she ran back to that cottage, she discovered an apple tree at the back and a large red apple that was hanging from a branch. She smiled with joy. Slowly, she went to the tree and sat below the red apple. No sooner than she looked above, the apple fell on to her lap. She picked it up and caressed with her fingers. Then she proceeded to give it a bite. She bit a chunk out into her mouth. She closed her eyes and the moment she pressed the chunk with her teeth, she felt a fleshy thick substance within her mouth. She opened
her eyes and could not just believe what she saw. It was the tongue of a blue-eyed strong guy, who was standing in front of her au naturel. He was giving her a hard sloppy kiss with strong apple flavour, turning her lips on with a glistening apple-red colour. But she could not keep her curiosity apart any more. She pushed him a little back and watched him from head to feet and just could not wait any more. Both of them hugged each other tightly and cuddled on the sand. She completely forgot grandma’s advice to ask him the pre-ordained question. But as luck would have it always for her, Apple, himself, reminded her by asking, ‘Don’t you want to ask me anything?’ ‘O yes yes. I really forgot it.’, she said. Then she asked, ‘Do you want to conquer me?’ The strong Apple said, ‘No I just want to love you forever.’ She just put her
head on Apple’s chest and wrapped him with her arms. Orange said to him to get inside cottage at least in the hope of getting some sort of clothes or if nothing at least some fig leaves, to cover his precious appendage. He obediently carried her in his arms to the cottage. Inside it was really dark. So Apple made the door fully open. In the day light coming through the door Orange found an unlit torch attached in a sidewall and a fireplace nearby. She approached the fireplace and found a matchbox kept on the hob. She lit up the torch only, since it was not so cold. After that she noticed that there were four windows in the front and side walls and there is a latched door in the rear wall. She opened all the windows and smiled, looking at Apple, in mysterious joy. Inside the room was comparatively large, than
what it appeared from outside, with walls painted with emerald green. They noticed a mural on the wall depicting a man and a woman kissing each other wildly. Their hairs appeared as if flying in the air gradually becoming bright flame of fire, painted with thick blend of colours, yellow and hot-iron red. And the nude duo was fused below the waist and given a divergent spray of burning comet tail. Inside this cottage they found almost all mundane stuffs, like candles, foods and a large wardrobe but the mirror. Below the clothes, hanging in the wardrobe, Orange found a drawer. She pulled it out and saw a golden T-string bikini set was kept there carefully. It was sparkling as if silver dust scattered all over. Apple caressed her neck and shoulder with magical touch. Orange closed her eyes and said, ‘O it feels, so good.’ He kissed on her
neck and asked, ‘When would you wear it?’ She smiled allowing him to take off her clothes. Putting on the bikini, she spread her arms beckoning Apple to come closer. Apple followed, but she ran away outside. He followed immediately and caught her midway and both fell on the sandy glittering beach. They looked at each other, smiled in eternal joy. Then Orange lied supine to feel the touch of Apple. Apple tickled and titillated her feet, legs, thighs, belly and breasts with the skilled movements of his fingers and lips. Then he stood up and bore her in his arms into the sea. They went up to the breastdepth water. The sun spreading its hues in the evening sky was about to set in the horizon. The hot clouds were floating happily in the dusky sky. Orange turned her head to see the sky of magic hour. But nowhere around could she see
Apple. Suddenly he disappeared. She got scared a bit in the lonely sea and felt a shock of losing him. It was a terrible fear that all most choked her throat, when something below inside the water grasped her legs and spiralled up slowly. She was speechless. But when Apple gave her his long heavy underwater kiss, just the way she wanted, she just closed her eyes and groaned in pleasure. The sun moves down leaving a darker tint in the horizon. Apple jumped out of the water and she was so happy that she just slapped him and giggled like a child.
18. The most wonderful gift After this water play they returned to the cottage again. It became almost dark. They changed their wet dresses, though Apple was all most au naturel, covered up with a tiny underwear that he got in the wardrobe. They were really very hungry after the daylong adventure. Orange opened the refrigerator and found a great variety of foods. In the mean time Apple was looking for a mirror to comb his hair. But finding it no where around, he asked Orange whether she had seen one. Thunder roared outside and she again got scared. She rushed to him and embraced him tightly. Apple caressed her back to be relaxed. When Apple was just going to say something to console her, she uttered a loud ‘shhhhhhhhh…’ putting her fingers across his lips. Then she revealed, ‘Never ever
talk about mirror and don’t ever try to find it. I don’t want to lose you.’ Apple did not understand what she meant. So, she explained that probably the mirror was the only thing that could separate them. He had not understood yet. He asked again what she meant actually. She replied Apple never belonged to the world of mirror. But hearing this mysterious statement he actually became more inquisitive about a real mirror. When Orange whispered into his ear that he was basically her reflection and she liked his dishevelled sexy appearance, he just left the idea of finding a mirror for that moment, though he grew a dormant desire to discover a mirror. They started arranging the dining table with foods and wines for the evening, while Apple asked whether she had any idea about the forest behind their cottage. She said
that it was very dense. He thought he might find somebody, who could give him a real mirror, in the jungle. However, he did not reveal this plan to Orange. Guessing his inquisitive nature, she cautioned him not to go in to the forest as inhabitants of the jungle might be dangerous. By this time the table was almost adorned with tasty foods and wines. Orange asked him to finish the arrangement and wait for her since she felt lack of light on their dining table and went inside to find some more candles. Apple completed the arrangement and could not wait any more. He tasted a piece of sweet cake. He waited and waited, but found no sign of Orange coming back. Suddenly an idea struck his head. He thought if he could give her a surprise. But he was struggling to find an idea about how to do that. As no idea, as such
occurred, he felt awkward. Then he decided to go out and find something as a gift for Orange. It had already become dark outside. The crickets were crying loud all around. He also could listen to a hoot of an owl. Then he heard an obscure unnatural hiss, though sparkling stars in the sky caught his eyes immediately and sighed in despair thinking if it would be possible to gift those glittering twinkling little jewels to her beloved Orange. The thin crescent of moon throwing its soft beam on to the foamy sea waves, Milky Way spreading across the sky, cold sand below his feet and cold shivering wind made him charged up to travel. He travelled a lot about the cottage, but found nothing special as a gift and then he thought finding a mirror would possibly be a great idea. By this time Orange returned to the dining room.
Finding him no where around she screamed, ‘Apple’. He was just standing by the apple tree and heard the scream simultaneously with a hiss of a snake. He hurried into the cottage losing no more time. Worried about him, Orange stood by the table. The moment he entered the room, she turned her face away refusing to talk with him. Apple came close to her and tried to explain why he went outside. Orange said that she did not want any gift. But he tried to explain how he felt an urge to give her a surprise gift. She gazed at his eyes for a while until he put his eyes down. She moved closer to him and whispered into his ear, ‘You are the most wonderful gift I ever had.’
19. The hiss The hiss, that he heard some time back, appeared to be very close. The intensity of it was increasing, gradually sounding almost like a heavy wind. Apple smelled danger and hugged Orange tightly. Extremely frightened, she grasped Apple and asked him not to leave her. But he said it might be a trivial creature. He just needed to check it out and if possible finish this unexpected irritation outright. He consoled Orange by saying that he would just go and come immediately back. He also added that if he did not go out right away and discover reason behind this irritating hiss, it would be disturbing for their happy dinner. So, he went out leaving Orange, all most shivering, behind. After getting out he perceived that something, apparently the source of hiss, moved toward the back of
the cottage first and then rushed into the jungle. Though the jungle was at least half a kilometre away from their cottage, he guessed, with the speed and movement of the creature in the dark, that it would be at least twice heavier than his weight. He followed it and moved into the jungle. Then he broke a hard branch from a big tree. It was too dark for the polite moon beam to penetrate the dense forest. His feet struggled, with swamp mud and creepers and herbs everyw here. He walked as a blind man with the help of that hard twig in his hand. A big owl flew across his face flapping wings hard. He fell down stumbling on a broken log. As ill luck would have it, he so fell on the muddy soil that one of his palms got inside a small earthen hole and stuck. He could not get it out immediately since some weird
creature inside the hole grasped it with its teeth. Twice his effort to pull it out went in vain. Third time, when he was successful, a huge rat just came out and disappeared swiftly in the jungle. He stood up straight away to find his twig, though ultimately with no result. Then he broke another twig from another tree, with a palpitating heart rather than a brave one. But he could not help listening to the instinct of his curiosity. He went ahead desperately to find the source of the hiss. After walking for a while, he reached comparatively a less dense area where moon beam could clearly reach the ground. But he never knew that he would be lost. He looked back and realized that he had lost the sense of direction. He could not detect which way he had come into the forest. So he had no other choice but to wait till the dawn broke.
20. Diamond and Snakes At the same time it appeared so dark and dense and full of unknown danger that he did not realize how to spend the night out there. Then he decided to walk ahead in the hope of finding a human habitation nearby or at least someone, who could help him to spend a night in this horrible forest. He walked a long way. The forest became denser and denser. He was at his wit’s end. He turned left to go to a new direction and stumbled down when a long creeper got wound in his legs. A dirty wet frog jumped on to his nose. He was so frightened that he thought this creature had been going to bite him and he hit it so hard with his fist that the poor frog groaned to death. Again he stood up and did not fail to get his twig back. He ran for a while and stopped
panting near a huge banyan tree. The tree was spread across a large area. All around the place it was crowded with big and thick stems of aerial roots. It would really be hard to find the real or the oldest root of this tree even in day light. However, he decided to spend the night resting beneath one of the roots. He was so tired that he fell asleep as soon as he sat under the tree. A black cobra slowly came down along the stem. It stopped midway when it sensed Apple, as an obstacle down the way to the soil. He was sleeping snoring aloud. The snake waited a little while. Then it found that Apple was not moving at all. So it started coming down along his body. The moment it slipped on one of his eye lids, he got conscious. His heart beat faster than ever before. But he cleverly kept quite. His pragmatism took over and did not let him
to open his eyes or moving the body since he guessed in that case the creature might bite him. The snake slowly passed along his shoulders, hands, thighs and legs. But he did not move a little. He stood up again to find a new shelter for the night. After walking some more distance he noticed a very faint light, as if a lantern, far away. He ran again in a silent hope of discovering a sign of habitat. After reaching all most to that place, he found that the light is actually coming from a similar type of small thatched hut. He thought that there must be some people living in that hut. When he entered, into that house opening the door with rusty creak of the hinges, he was almost petrified in a terrible fear. The floor was completely filled with wriggling and shimmering black snakes around a mound on which there placed a huge diamond
glittering in the light of the lantern. The brightness of the diamond no more attracted him. He felt extremely frustrated and exhausted. Again he looked at the wriggling snakes on the floor. Those snakes were quite young. He looked at the eyes of a hooded snake, which was probably looking at his eyes. He looked at its eyes for a while. Then he turned back to go out. But again he turned to look at that young snake. It was still looking at him innocently, he felt. He felt for a moment to spend the night with these snakes and immediately laughed inside on his own foolishness.
21. Lost and exhausted Finally he went out of that mysterious hut; waited under a piece of torn sky over head and decided not to stop any more. Anyhow he had to get out of this weird forest. So, he started walking ahead. It seemed minutes passed, hours passed, but the forest did not come to an end. At last he reached to another banyan tree. This was also large one, with many roots. When he touched one of those roots, he unambiguously felt that it was the same root under which he took rest sometimes back. He could not even think of sitting there again or see any hope to survive in this forest losing all the sense of direction and time. His throat choked in thirst and fear. Utterly frustrated and tired, when he tried to take rest, neck bent and hands on knee, like a standing
horse, all of a sudden he found a beautiful tiny glittering diamond by his feet in the moon light. He could not stay awake any more. Somehow he managed to pick up that diamond. He saw a glimpse of the innocent frightened face of his beloved Orange waiting for him. His eyes tended to close. He knelt down and slowly his body fell down upon the bed of moist banyan leaves. He held the diamond tight in his fist. He saw Orange - an angry face of Orange, when he would enter the exquisite dining room. As if she ran to him, slapped, hugged and clasped him tight. He felt her touch momentarily as if holding her bright face in between his palms. He saw a drop of water in a corner of her eye. He wanted to ask her, ‘What happened, dear?’ When she asked, ‘Why did you leave me?’ he readily replied, ‘I did not leave you honey. See I just
wanted to gift you this diamond.’ After that he fell in dark sleep.
22. Snaky of Diamond Land In the mean time, though afraid and scared, Orange also planned to surprise him as well as calm down herself by wearing a beautiful and comfortable translucent floral silky sari and she teamed it up with a silver coloured top, all of which she picked up from the wardrobe. Then she wrapped up herself with a warm Kashmiri shawl and wore a simple locket of diamond. But when she returned to the dining room and found that Apple had not come back yet, she immediately smelled a danger. As ill luck would always have it, she heard the same hiss, as if, slowly approaching their cottage, where she was now the only lonely inhabitant. A bit scared again she sat on the dining chair awaiting Apple to be back soon. She glanced at a crystal wine glass on the
table, when a golden cockroach appeared suddenly. She was always afraid of cockroaches for no reason. Immediately she jumped out of the chair. She started looking for a broom around. But not any of that sort was found nearby. She went on looking for a broom at the corners of each room. At last she found a puffy broom, made of white yak hairs, tufted with a golden ring, lying at a corner by the entrance door of the cottage. At the very top there is a nice white velvety grip which could probably be there to serve the purpose of soaking the sweat of one’s palm. She went to pick up that to get rid of irritating cockroach. The moment she bent down and touched the grip of that broom, she smelt a strong odour probably slipping through the threshold of the entrance door. Just after a moment she realized
that it smells wildly aphrodisiac. She got tensed and felt a drop of sweat on her forehead and stepped back to the dining table, when she noticed some faint white smoke was slipping through the threshold. She wondered in fear and tried to understand what it could be. Ultimately she could not conclude anything but to think for once that it is probably Apple giving her a surprise. But again she thought how he could manage to get a white smoke in this desolate land. She just started devising all the cock-and-bull ideas and tried hard to crack the mystery behind the white smoke as if it was really going to be something sexy and exquisite to make her happy tonight. She tried hard not to think that it had borne a misery in their happy life. By this time the cloud of smoke had already become quite stagnant and dense inside the room. She
was so overwhelmed by the aphrodisiac smell that she did not realize that the smoke started taking a shape in front of her. Instead momentarily she thought about every possible performance she wished on the bed with Apple. Once even she licked her apple- red lips with her own tongue. But she could not believe her eyes when she saw the white smoke turning greyer and greyer into almost a clear human shape. Though it was impossible, she thought it would gradually turn into Apple’s body probably again au naturel; she just giggled silently. Courageously, she walked a step forward to the condensed smoke, daydreaming about the pleasure to play with Apple’s most wanted limb. Shocking to the most, the cloudy greyish smoke turned into a huge black oily serpent. It was not like a snake that Apple saw in the forest. Instead, it
appeared as a hybrid of a man and a huge cobra. The swaying head, it had got, was like a large hooded cobra and up to the waist it had got a snake-like strong muscular structure. Its chest moved up and down with strong rhythmical hiss that it was inhaling and exhaling. The first it threw inside the room shook the dining table. While her hairs kept flying in the hiss, Orange held her Kashmiri shawl tight and tied the anchal (the part of a sari which extends from waist to back till the knees or longer covering the breasts) grabbing and inserting its back end into the front loin-part of the wrapped up sari, in a way so that it did not fly off the shoulder. She had just become bewildered at the sight of this never-seen-before creature. It also had a thick serpentine tail. Only below the waist it had two muscular legs and all like a human being
and two hands emerged from its shoulder. When the creature proceeded a few steps closer, Orange asked, ‘Who are you?’ stepping back. Two empty wine glasses fell on the table because of its blowing hiss. One of them slowly rolls down to floor breaking into pieces by her feet, when the snake replied with its heavy husky voice, ‘I am Snaky’. When she asked what he wanted there, Snaky came two steps forward quickly. Orange moved back and warned him right away not to come closer to her. Snaky laughed aloud. Surprisingly he asked her about Apple. Impatient, she wanted to know how he knew about him and where Apple was now. He laughed again and said, ‘I have killed him.’ Orange shouted back, ‘Bastard’, immediately after which she wept and said, ‘I love him’. Snaky told him
that that was why he had killed him. Orange’s eyes suddenly caught the sight of his penis, which also looked like another small snake slowly getting straightened from its coiled position. The erection really scared off Orange. She moved more backward and warned again, ‘Don’t come close to me.’ Snaky continued coming along ignoring and informing her that Apple was killed so that he, the Snaky, could have sex with Orange. She just shivered in appalling horror. The terrible snake was slowly coming to her. But she said to herself that she was the kind of a girl, who never lost in the worst situation. Though she cried aloud, quivered in fear, sweated like never before, fluids in her brain were always actively moving from one chamber to another. Enthralled by her charming presence with clever and cunning eyes,
Snaky stopped for a while when she said, ‘Before you touch me, you should tell me the story how you had killed Apple.’ Snaky looked down on the floor. He thought about something w h i l e slowly his penis coiled down to its initial position. Then he started by saying that tonight on his way back he found Apple lying face down and asleep below the great auspicious banyan tree in the forest. Snaky thought it was a tired traveller taking rest and so he just walked past Apple. But after some times, he became inquisitive guessing that the man below the great banyan tree might not be a native to this Diamond Land. So he returned to Apple and pushed him supine to see his face properly. He was pretty right in his guess and easily found that Apple was a foreigner. The man, as Snaky said, was an intruder from the
mean Human Land, a greedy, zealous habitat of greedy human society that had always come to this land in the greed of diamonds. He became certain when he stretched one of the eye lids, of Apple to see his blue eye balls. Snaky explained to Orange that in this Diamond Land there are creatures, which look exactly like human beings, except in terms of their eyes. The human-like creatures in this land did not possess eye balls. Instead they have complete white eyes without any eye ball. But they were certainly not blind. Actually this was not the real case, as Snaky was telling; instead of coloured eye balls they had white invisible eye balls. So he was pretty certain that the one lying in front of him was a mean human. But when he gazed at Apple’s innocent blue eyes, his sixth sense gave a push. Somehow it made him thought
that the man might be a case of exception. So he decided to spare him from his poisonous biting. He turned back and accidentally one of his feet trampled the right hand, lying upon the dry leaves, of Apple waking him up. The tiny glittering diamond f l e w off down on the ground. Snaky took no less time to understand that he was not an exception at all. Instead, he was as greedy as the humankind. He asked terribly scarred Apple his name. Then he asked why he had stolen the diamond. He said that he did not steal it, he just picked it up from the ground and he wanted to gift it to Orange. Snaky felt that the man trying to play mischief with him by uttering this weird sort of names. He never heard that a human being ever had names like Orange and Apple. He immediately got angry, ferocious, blew hiss around
and bit him to death. Orange wiped her eyes and uttered, ‘Bastard’ again. She also mentioned, ‘Yes, he loves me more than anything. He surely wanted to give me a surprise.’
23. Sex and Snaky Snaky asked whether her name was actually Orange. Then Snaky revealed his actual plan. He said that he also developed a hidden desire, to have a wonderful wild intercourse with her of course without any unwelcome disturbance. So he made no mistake by killing Apple. He always had a dream to have sex with a human being. Now it was like a dream come true. He walked round her, describing her charm, praising every limb of her body. It was a terrible experience for Orange. Just imagine a huge serpent man walking round her blowing stormy hiss on her whole body. She was almost struggling to keep her eyes open, when he came almost a touchable distance away from her. She was of course scared, at the same time
extremely irritated by the stupid words from his mouth. Only good thing about Snaky was he smelt incredibly sensual. It was a hot aphrodisiac odour which always reminded her about Apple. More he came closer, more she missed Apple. But she just could not hide her terrible fear and irritation when Snaky touched her shoulder. She closed her eyes, screamed aloud, shook herself and pushed him back to get rid of this annoyance. Snaky warned her that he only wanted to have a pleasant intercourse with her. If she did not let him do so, he would be forced to bite her and there was a saying in the Diamond Land – ‘No life can escape Snaky’s bite.’ Therefore, as he said, he had only one option to let him have it. Otherwise she would lose her life as Apple did. This time Orange really felt helpless. She wanted to remember every
shade of her sometimes-colourfulsometimes-sad life. She wanted to make love with Apple. She wanted to discover the comfort in Apple’s touch. She wanted to have an alfresco dinner in the moon light. She wanted to live her life, see flowers, rains, seas, mountains and every little thing as much as possible. Since her childhood she had a dream to travel across the earth, sky and water. She thought of innumerable types of kisses that she had to experience with her boyfriend. She had not yet bathed in fountain or a hot spring. She was yet to listen to the finest chirp of the world. Tonight she felt Apple might whisper enchanting words into her ears and kiss on her piece of cake to make it tastier. Snaky blew breath on her eyes. She felt like crying, though the aphrodisiac appeared to smell too hypnotizing for her to cry. Snaky
clasped her tight. She did not try to escape any more. She realized that though Snaky was very strong, he was cold like a real snake. When it penetrated her, he kissed on her neck. Ultimately he reached the threshold of his ecstasy, though it did not synchronize with Orange’s. On the verge of his final moment, Snaky just lost control over his instinct and bit her neck. She felt severe pain and pushed him with her all concentrated energy down on to the floor. Running into the bed room, she lied upon the soft bed and groaned in terrible pain. Snaky slowly entered the room with his irritatingly giggling face. She rebuked him severely. But Snaky kept on giggling. Slowly the pain came to a tolerable degree. Orange started massaging the portion of her neck, where he bit. She also got tired of using umpteen number of vulgar slang words at him. Having thought that she was
going to die in a few moments like Apple, at last she asked, ‘Why did you kill us?’ Snaky laughed aloud and asked, ‘Who killed whom? You look quite alive.’ ‘But I know I would feel sleepy and eventually die’, she said. Snaky found it so funny that he just could not stop his annoying laughter. Frustrated an d irrit at e d , s h e asked again, ‘What’s so funny about it?’ Finally he stopped and said, ‘Both of you are fools.’ - ‘What do you mean?’ - ‘I mean both of Apple and Orange, ha ha ha, Apple and Orange are fools. Death does not exist in Diamond Land.’
24. Sperm Free Snaky The belief of death was so penetrated into her brain that she just thought it as a mean joke of the ferocious serpent man. She looked at him for a while. She felt that he was trying to console her till she passed away. She opened her lips to ask something; but closed it immediately in utter despair. Since inquisitiveness was her nature, she uttered only three words, ‘Can you explain?’ - ‘You are the first human being to cross the mirror of fantasy and achieved everything that you wanted honestly.’ - ‘But I had never wanted to meet you.’ - ‘That is not true. You met me because you could never control your imagination. You are an extremely imaginative woman.’ - ‘But however imaginative I may
be, believe me I never want a snake child.’ Snaky laughed again. She naturally became impatient and asked him, ‘What’s there in it to laugh like a monkey?’ He paused and said, ‘Don’t worry I am sperm free.’ - ‘What? Impotent?’ - ‘Yes. My semen carries no sperm.’ After a long time Orange smiled. She felt so relaxed that she stretched her whole body raising two hands up above the head. She looked at him and giggled and discovered another creature within his ferocious being. The stormy breathings, no more appeared so dangerous to her any more, though she was struggling to keep her eyes open while her hairs were flying behind like the mural on cottage wall. She asked him to turn his face a bit away so that she could at least be spared of his
stormy mouth. Snaky moved a little away and sat on the floor. Orange grabbed a side pillow on to her breasts and set herself comfortably on the soft bed. Then she attacked him with so many questions that Snaky decided to tell her the story of his birth.
25. The Birth of Snaky Snaky’s mother, Ila , was a great painter and a normal human being of the human world, just like Orange. In his childhood once she told Snaky a story about the genesis of human race. The mythical story said that long long before there was a curious boy, who always wanted to see his own face. One day he started a journey in the quest of exploring his look since the ignorance about his facial appearance always painfully haunted him always. While he was travelling in a hilly region, he felt hungry. Nearby he found some fruit trees in a small forest. He ate some of the fruits. Then he became quite thirsty. But nowhere around found he water. Nevertheless he kept walking. Finally at the top of a mountain he discovered a lake. He felt so happy that
he drank until his stomach became stretched enough to store any more. Having quenched his thirst, he realized that he could see a face on the water surface. With the similarity with his own gestures, he concluded that it is his own image. That was for the first time when he saw his face. Although he never knew that that Magic Lake never reflected the real image of a person. The image, what he saw in the Magic Lake, was actually not of his face. On the contrary it was a girl’s face as the water always projected the reflection of one’s alter ego. However, he felt it was his face. Wondered, he kept looking at the image till the night fell. When the sun hid in the horizon, he became impatient to see his face again. At the same time, a weird scepticism took over his thought. He felt the image on the water might not be of his
face. Therefore next morning he decided to jump into the water to be sure enough that it was something reflecting from the water. Since he was the first human being in this universe, he was yet to learn how to swim. As a result he sank down. Nob ody knew what happened to him afterward. But the fact, what was known to all, was much more exciting. The Magic Lake gave birth to a galaxy of goddesses and gods, who assigned themselves to glorify the beautiful earth. Within a few thousands year from this incident, all the goddesses and gods created the animal kingdom including humankind. As they conferred women and men the power of imagination, after another thousand years, they (women and men) fell in a crisis caused by the ignorance about the creation of human race and felt the urge
to know the origin. Consequently they started exploring the fact about their genesis. But nobody could give any concrete idea, though a section of people, known as WKE i.e. ‘We Know Everything’ group, wrote a book, called ‘Sristi’ to record the ‘truth’ about the origin of the humankind. Actually they termed their imaginations as the ‘truth’. They imagined the Magic Lake as the vagina of a Blue goddess who gave birth to the whole galaxy. Another group, called as WKM i.e. ‘We Know the Mystery’ wrote another book, called ‘The Birth’ restoring their ‘truth’. They imagined the boy, who sank into the Magic Lake as a harbinger sperm, which had just been ejaculated by the blue sky to create the whole galaxy. There were many such groups came up with many different ‘truths’. Among the rest, a tiny group
was called WWKM i.e. ‘We Want to Know More’. They said actually the boy was the wisdom. When he jumped into the lake, all the wisdom of the universe got fused into the water. During a flood the wisdom spilled all over this planet. Since then people were collecting wisdom from everywhere on this earth, although, WWKM never became very popular. Snaky paused for a moment and then said that his mother, Ila, almost after another five thousand years, painted a nude picture of the Blue goddess, sitting on her hips, stretching two legs so apart that the dark vagina, with a bright halo like sparkling diamonds, was clearly visible. From this darkness was emerging out a goddess and a god just like two comets with burning tails. The upper part of her body was leaning backwards resting her body on the two
supporting hands. Her hair was extremely dishevelled; eyes were stretched larger in pain; lips were so curved as if she wanted to scream. She named the painting as ‘The Birth’. By that time the whole world was dominantly influenced by a few powerful religious institutions, which were mainly descendants of WKE, WKM and WWKM. One of them used to worship the blue goddess in an elegant blue wear and golden jewelleries. That particular institution accused Ila of hurting the sentiment of their religion and called her an ‘obscene’ painter. One night they attacked her, though somehow she managed to escape after being terribly hurt. They did not even delay to file a case against her. The police also started to trace her. She was forced to leave her home land and absconded to a dense forest. She lived there in a hut, with a folk singer, Baul, who used to create exotic melodies and lyrics; and
sing with a one string simple instrument. He had a poisonous large pet king cobra that always saved him from all the dangers of the forest. It had bitten many tigers, lions and even poisonous snakes to death only to save Baul. There in the forest she really experienced unlimited pleasure of love and the cathartic joy of creation far away from the world of human greed. Even she loved the poisonous cobra so much that one day she painted a picture of a hybrid child of snake and human. That child exactly looked like Snaky who was right now sitting on the floor in front of Orange. Snaky confirmed that in fact it was his true origin. After she painted him she waited to show it to her beloved Baul. But he went into the forest to bring some fruits and foods. She waited days and weeks, but unexpectedly he never returned. She was so sad and shocked that she stopped eating and chose to
have euthanasia. Slowly she passed away to eternal sleep. Nonetheless, even when she was dying, she could not stop imagining. Looking a t her own pale face, she was standing in front of a mirror, before she would die. There she felt a terrible headache, which made her think that the point, where all her unfinished imaginations were piled up inside the brain, would burst causing an enormous release of energy, consequently creating a new land – the ‘Diamond Land’ – where ideas would be scattered as bright diamonds all around. Immediately she felt another shocking pain in her head, which again made her scared of the invasion of the human greed in her dream land. But just a moment later she imagined a glimpse of Snaky, running across the forest shouting, ‘Don’t worry mom. Don’t worry. I’ll take care of
everything.’ She closed her eyes forever with a sweet pleasant smile on her pale face. Orange protested right away. ‘What do you mean; this Diamond Land is nothing but an imagination of your mother?’ - ‘No, my mom conceived it. But it’s the land of imagination where free imaginations roam around.’ Orange clapped her hands together and giggled like a child, ‘It’s funny. I don’t want to go back to the human world anymore.’ - ‘You have to go back even if you don’t want.’ She felt really unhappy and asked, ‘Why?’ Snaky said, ‘Because, no human being can control her imagination.’
- ‘You are so cruel.’ Orange almost said it like weeping. Snaky again laughed aloud. She embraced the soft side pillow on her breast and whispered as in delirium, ‘Apple, please come back.’ Snaky overheard this and said, ‘Tonight Apple might come across a stranger, a woman.’ Before she turned to ask him how he knew that, Snaky disappeared leaving the dense white cloud spreading the aphrodisiac smell.
26. Chicklit Apple got back in sense. He woke up rubbing eyes with his hands. He stood up and looked for his stick around. But he could not find the branch any where nearby. Without giving it another thought, he decided to walk ahead, though he really did not know how to find the way back to their cottage, where Orange was still awaiting him. After walking a distance, he again found a comparatively open area in the forest. It was a meadow. Slowly he walked to the meadow lit with soft moon beam. Suddenly his legs denied proceeding any more, when he saw a pair of fluorescent eyes just a few metres away. At the same time he also had a very obscure glimpse of a woman almost in silhouette. She was carrying a torch illuminating red glow and switching it
continuously on and off. Apple was a bit scared and curious. He hid himself behind a big tree. But the woman followed a way towards the tree. He thought for a moment that he should have gone to different direction. When she almost reached the tree, he got a bit confused about what to do. So he started so walking about the tree that he always remained on the opposite side. But it was, as if, the sixth sense of the woman guessed about something happening around her. So she stopped just by the tree. Apple noticed her, looking here and there, carefully from behind the tree. He thought the place, so near to the stranger, might not be safe enough for him. So he slowly moved across to a different tree in the obscure dark night. But unfortunately he trampled on a little mouse. It screamed with a typical squeaky noise. Straight
away the stranger, with lit eyes, shot the torch beam on his face. Though he had managed to go behind the shade of another tree, she had just got him. When she cautiously approached the tree, he started revolving round about keeping a safe distance from her. She found his behaviour, like a scared bull, very funny and kept so moving that he would get frightened more and more while revolving around the tree. After a while she smiled and beckoned him to come closer. ‘Who are you? Come here.’ she asked. He just wanted to run across the meadow to the other side. Although he realized soon that she might tell him the way back to Orange, she seemed to appear strangely appalling to him. But her voice was polite and humble and glowing eyes were iridescently intelligent. Yet he was too scared to come closer, since he smelled
an unknown mishap in her unexpected arrival. At last he accosted her saying, ‘I’m Apple.’ The stranger switched off her red torch. Apple looked at her eyes, which had bright mainly white iridescent eye balls. She wore a bright orange track suit. When Apple stood there in front of her, she carefully noticed his eyes for a while. The intensity of her glowing eyes was changing continuously as if with the ups and downs of her emotional inquisitiveness. She slowly moved and brought her eyes at the nearest possible distance from his blue eyes to check out whether he was a human being. Then she inhaled deeply to smell his lips concluding that he was not a human being. But Apple could not believe this inference. Till now he never felt familiar with this strange Diamond Land. He argued that the most important proof
of his ‘humanness’ was that he did not possess lit eyes like she had. But the woman said that he had an aphrodisiac smell on his whole body, which quite resembled Snaky’s. Apple did not know that the snake man, which had bitten him a few while ago, was Snaky. Naturally he wanted to know about Snaky. She explained that Snaky was a huge creature that looked like a snake-man. Apple at once recalled how he was bitten by Snaky and revealed that to her. As a result she also became a bit confused about the origin of Apple. Again she asked him about his origin. Apple helplessly said that he really had no idea. The strange woman, a bit sceptical, guessed that Apple must have been a nascent creation of a very powerful imaginative mind, which was nothing but as we all know, the mind of our
beloved Orange. As usual Apple also could not repress his curiosity. He wanted to know her name. She said that though all the human- like creatures, in this land, had the fluorescent eyeballs, she was fortunate to have the brightest ones. That was the reason why all other creature loved to call her as Chicklit – the beloved chick with brilliantly lit eyes. Apple agreed saying, ‘Yes your eyes are really brilliant.’ ‘Thanks.’, she replied. At last Chicklit asked the most important question, ‘Where are you going?’ Apple with a helpless face said, ‘I am lost.’ - ‘Yes, I guessed so. Where do you want to go to?’ - ‘I want to go to the cottage at the sea shore. Could you please show me the way?’ - ‘Yes, but not now. I am in hurry. I am going to the Torch Festival.’
- ‘Torch Festival?!’ - ‘Yes.’ - ‘Where is it?’ - ‘On the other side of the forest there is a mountain, called Kanchanjangha or the Gold Mountain.’ Apple almost cried. Chicklit thought for a moment and said on one condition she could help him. When he wanted to know about the condition, she said that tonight she would go for an expedition in the Torch Festival. But the rules of the festival would not allow any single person to enjoy the night. The most popular event of the festival was always -‘Dream Night’ – to spend the night together with a ‘chosen’ person. The chosen persons would be the ones who mutually trust and long for each other and always disturbed by the
‘shadows’. Apple did not realize what she meant by ‘shadow’. He asked, ‘Who are these shadows?’ Chicklit smiled and said that they were always very enigmatic and troublesome. Since it had not been clear yet to him, he asked her again to clarify what she had said. ‘Suppose both of us tonight agreed to join the event of ‘Dream Night’ Orange would be considered as a shadow.’ Having explained it she just couldn’t help laughing aloud. She said, leaving Apple in extreme confusion that actually she was kidding. Then she paused for a moment looking at the innocent eyes of Apple. He said, ‘I don’t want to experience the ‘Dream Night’. I love Orange and want to spend the night with her.’ Chicklit smiled and complimented him by uttering, ‘You are so sweet. Don’t worry I am not going to join the Dream Night. But I want to go for
the adventure.’ - ‘What is that?’ - ‘I will climb the mountain and you would accompany me. It’s risky, it’s troublesome, and it’s the hardest of all the events! But it’s fun! - ‘But Orange is waiting for me. We had a plan to have dinner together.’ - ‘If I cannot climb the mountain tonight, I have to wait another year. I swear I shall take you to the cottage, tomorrow.’ - ‘Why is it to be done tonight only?’ - ‘Because the night, of the Torch Festival, is the only ‘shadow’ free night of the year.’ - ‘Who are these shadows, can you just clarify a bit?’
- ‘They are nothing but some irritating creatures living in the Gold Mountain. Actually they live in the ‘Land of Illusion’, a different world which could only be entered only when one was diseased by illusions in the Gold Mountain. They always try to impose some restrictions on free interaction among all the creatures in the name of ‘truth’. What they call ‘truth’ is basically some cock-and-bull stories particularly to hide the reality of their ignorance. Actually they do not have the ability to tolerate both of the pain of free imagination and pleasure of inquisitiveness. So, what they do is just cram some words, which ultimately provide them the illusion of wisdom. These illusions help them to survive in this land of imaginations. They are just
like viruses, which can paralyse your brain with illusions at any time. Don’t take it otherwise. I was just joking when I said that Orange could be considered as a shadow.’ - ‘But, how come tonight is shadow free?’ - ‘Since on the last day of each year, a lot of new creatures are born out of strong imaginations. These new creatures always carry a very powerful instinct of curiosity. As a result they become fiercely rebellious if anyone, even by mistake, tries to restrict them. So on the year end, the shadows had to hide for survival, though they always look for opportunity to attack free minds.’ - ‘Interesting!’
- ‘So are you going to accompany me?’ - ‘Yes.’
27. The torch festival So Apple followed Chicklit. After a few seconds, they heard the buzz of a crowd, playing with colourful torches, at the foot of a large mountain. They walked ahead and also heard the sweet melody flying across the air with the blow and rhythm of wild trumpets and damamas (a kind of wooden kettle-drum),teamed with many other instruments and sounds. When they reached the place, Apple found it quite interesting. Some musicians were creating a nice erotic atmosphere with their music in front of the ‘DreamNight’ gate, which was overwhelmed by crowd of couples of various creatures. Apple saw each one of them was carrying a torch. Those were of various of colours. Many of them wore colourful masks and weird dresses. He saw a man with fluorescent
eyes waving his red torch over the crowd. Almost immediately a girl, with violet hair, standing by him, responded waving her red torch. They met together near the gate of the 'Dream Night' and kissed each other. Then they stood in the serpentine queue. Grabbing a hand Chicklit suddenly pulled him back. She took him across the crowd to a new place. He noticed that the rest of the places were not as crowded as the Dream Night zone. They passed by many other zones, like ‘Swim Zone’, ‘Kiss Zone’, ‘Gossip Zone’, ‘Food Zone’ etc. Some hawkers were selling toys. At last she took him to a new gate which had a huge billboard saying, ‘The Adventure (at your own risk)’. There was nob ody else in front of that gate except Chicklit and Apple. Apple cried again requesting her to show him the way to the cottage. She really enjoyed his
childishly inquisitive character. She assured him that he would meet Orange in the next morning. Apple had no other choice when she reminded him that now they would get ready to start the journey. Again Apple submitted to his curiosity, Why do you want to climb this mountain?’ Chicklit informed him about a saying of this Diamond Land. It said, ‘Ultimate pleasure lies at the Golden Peak.’ All the creatures, of this land, called it as the heaven of pleasure and offer flowers at some particular places of the foothill in the next morning after every Torch Festival. They believed that offering flowers to the Gold Mounatin was the only way to keep their land happy and pleasant. They said that up there at the mountain top exists the beautiful Blue Sea, where milky white glaciers were floating on its pure blue water. Under the water, there lived silver
fishes and above flew shiny chirping golden birds. When a golden bird would sit on the peak of the biggest glacier, dispersing the evening sun beam into golden hues, it would give the ultimate charm of the nature. If she could see it, she would be the happiest creature of this land forever. Chicklit added that she always craved for enjoying the rare scene at the mountain top. But she could never found a courageous partner, who would be willing to accompany her. Apple asked why she did not try it alone. She reminded him that the Torch Festival could not be enjoyed alone as this festival always made people feel complete. If a creature was not accompanied by another of its choice, all the illusions would appear before it and consequently it would become an inhabitant of the Land of Illusion, the gate of which was the gate of
Torch Festival itself. Apple got scared again and held her hand. Snatching her closer, he said, ‘Believe me I don’t want to be lost again.’ When she pushed him back to explain more, he felt an immediate attraction towards her. He gave a glance to her lips, but did not allow his imaginations roll any further. She said again that it was also said that on the Blue Sea there floats a huge ship with stored up precious jewels. That was not all. It has got a spacious nice dining room adorned with plenty of the tastiest foods and wines of the human world. The most interesting thing about this huge ship was a large hall which contains only a single piece of long wooden mirror. It was said, that he/she, whoever would look at the mirror for the first time to see its own image, would find the most appealing creature ever after. This new creature,
which would be created out of the fortunate creature’s own image, would have an unending and insatiable desire to satisfy the fortunate creature only. The new creature would never found any one else in this universe more appealing than its creator. Even the creator would never feel the need to advise it about how to keep the fortunate one happy forever. The new creature would have excellent expertise in giving physical and mental ecstasy. Although to achieve the excellent alter ego, one had to reach the mountain top before dawn broke. But Chicklit reminded him that the journey would not be without trouble. He had to prepare himself mentally for the hazardous dangers that might arise at any moment during their journey. She heard that the most enigmatic and the dangerous threat in the Gold Mountain was
Snaky, the Snake- man, who had no shape and sex and bitten Apple tonight.
It always appeared in front of the trekkers as a cloud of smoke and took the shape of a weird snake-man. But as Apple might get scared again, she did not reveal anything more about the typical hazards of Gold Mountain. She decided not to waste any more time and took Apple to a stall stacked with mountaineering equipment. But there was no body to distribute those. When she shouted ‘Squi’ a creature almost like a squirrel of human size, followed by her companion of the opposite sex, appeared from a chamber inside. They helped Chicklit and Apple to select the most comfortable and necessary stuffs and dressed them up. Apple was a bit frightened. Chicklit showed more enthusiasm by giving Apple a thanking kiss.
28. Oracle and Illusion They followed a long patch of pedestrians’ path which went up to the forest of the Gold Mountain. After a while they reached a comparatively plane land. Chicklit was walking ahead. Suddenly she stumbled over a small wild shrub while looking back. She was shouting at Apple to hurry up. She screamed aloud since her foot got pierced with a thorn. Apple rushed up. As she was almost groaning in pain, he thought it had for sure been a snake. So he right way tried to trace the injured spot on her right foot. When he found it, it had already become quite protruded. He saw her sweating face turning slowly into blue. Her eyes became dim. Leaving Apple bewildered in the wild forest, ultimately she fainted. Unable to think about how to save her, he carried
her in his arms to walk ahead. But he could not walk for a long since he was really astonished by a strange phenomenon. The dark sky over his head had started to glow. At first he thought that dawn was breaking. But when he noticed that the glow was more of whitish as moon light than a colourful dawn, he became a bit scared. Then he heard an oracle from the sky. It said that the erudite banyan tree had the knowledge and wisdom necessary to survive in the Gold Mountain. Apple became utterly frustrated by thinking that the erudite banyan tree must have been the tree below which Snaky had bitten him. He decided not to go back again at any cost. Then he looked at her pale unconscious face. The enthusiast eyes were closed now. Her happy face looked severely distressed in pain. Her whole body was
colder, he felt on his arms. He had no other choice to go back to find out the great banyan tree. While turning back accidentally he was about to stumble over another thorny little jujube tree with ripe and raw jujubes. But somehow he managed to keep the balance. The glowing sky again uttered another oracle, which said that the erudite banyan tree would appear on the way to the mountain top. Apple immediately became so happy that straight away he headed forward without giving it a second thought. After a while he, easily found a huge banyan tree with more than thousands aerial roots creating a labyrinthine network. But frustratingly he could not trace out any clue which could help her to survive. He expected another immediate oracle. But nothing
like that appeared again. He was too tired of carrying the body of Chicklit anymore. He kept her at the foot of a root. Befuddled he sat by her and felt something jabbing his buttock. He stood up at once discovering that it was nothing but a thin extension of an aerial root which had already went inside the soil. He pulled that up to clean and smoothen the place. But it was so strong that he could not uproot it with just a casual snatch. Then like an insistent child he grabbed it tightly with two hands and used all the inertia of his heavy body to pull it. Yes, he got it this time, but his body fell behind on the ground without any control. Surprising him to the most a small portion of the huge main stem, which always appeared as the largest and oldest root among all, behind him, opened up like a door. He
immediately carried her in the erudite banyan tree. The door got closed immediately. Inside, he found, a big library full with books, stacked, in the wooden shelves. He noticed that there were also different zones for different types of books. But the place seemed to be really abandoned and stale. Everything around was dusty and full of cobwebs. There was one shelf, which naturally caught his eyes since it was categorized as ‘Chicklit’. He rushed to the shelf and browsed some of those books. But, he found no help, though in one of those he found a caption, ‘Chick-lit – the Literature for Young Woman.’ He left that shelf immediately and started looking for different books. Then he discovered a section dedicated to medicines. There he found a book named as, ‘Easy Herbs for Gold Mountain
Diseases.’ He picked it up and started browsing in the hope of finding a remedy for dying Chicklit. Finally on a page he found the solution – ‘If a thorn gets pierced turning the body into bluish cold, eat a jujube.’ ‘O shit’, Apple recalled that he had already left a jujube tree back. He did not waist any more time, opened the door and went outside alone thinking that she would be safe inside the erudite banyan tree. Having returned, he pressed a jujube inside her mouth by stretching the lips. Just after a few moments she magically came back to sense. Slowly her skin acquired the normal glow. Her eyes illuminated again. Happy Apple embraced her tightly in the joy of treating her back to normal life. She really felt his tight hug cosy as her whole body was aching a bit. But she could not guess what Apple had been through after she passed out.
‘What happened to me?’ she asked. Apple said, ‘Nothing’ revealing nothing. And happily they headed to their destination. Walking together for quite a long time, they reached by a stream. He walked a bit ahead to wash his face. After washing his face with the sweet clean water of the stream in moon light, when he turned back, he just found her nowhere within his visibility. He immediately called up that Torch Festival does not allow any body to participate alone. Every person must be accompanied by a partner and if not they might be victims of illusions that can even send them to an unknown land. Apple realized that after leaving Chicklit alone in the library, when he had left to bring jujubes, he entered a new land of illusions and whatever happened afterward were all illusions. He realized
very well that now he lost all the capabilities to distinguish between the reality and illusion. He sat then and there pressing his heads with two hands in utter frustration. Then he thought again that an oracle could help him out of this situation.
29. Land of Illusions Yes, as he expected another similar oracle was heard from the glowing sky. It said, ‘Welcome to the land of illusion.’ Immediately after the divine voice stopped Apple shouted to know how to get rid of this illusive labyrinth. The divine voice replied, ‘The great banyan tree knows everything.’ Again he decided to get back to the banyan tree. But when he reached that place he found that the stem-door had been closed. He tried to pull almost all the emerging roots appearing upon the soil. But all his effort went in vain. Impatient, he shouted again to the sky. But this time no answer came down. Then he frustratingly thought to get to the jujube tree in the hope of some new remedies in this enigmatic world. He walked up for a tiresome long time, though no jujube tree came across his
path. Finally, he reached up end of the spiral walking path round the mountain. Now, he realized that there was no other way but to take the help of the ropes and all other mountaineering equipment out of his bag to climb farther. But thinking again that he had already been lost, he walked down a bit to look for the jujube tree around. Again it was another failed attempt. He screamed to release his despair. He looked at the glowing sky once more and started walking like a directionless horse as if he now wanted to leave everything on his destiny. At last, after walking another few miles, he rediscovered the banyan tree in the lonely desolate forest. By his feet he noticed a small hole in the soil and gravels scattered around. When he kicked those gravels for nothing, he found a glittering
stone among them. He picked it up and kept in his fist with the small diamond that he wanted to gift to Orange. Then he sat to take a short rest bellow the tree. An idea came up in his mind. He thought if it was a world of illusion, there should be another complimentary world where he could at least experience the reality. Then he started brainstorming on how to get into that complementary world. But as this idea soon seemed to be a cock-andbull story to him, he rejected it. Many weird ideas of this sort appeared and churned his brain. But he really felt depressed, when he could not find a way to reach Chicklit, who could at least show him the way to get back his beloved Orange. He stood up immediately and felt enlightened suddenly. ‘Yes, I got it.’, he said while thinking that if he was now dwelling in a different land, there should not
exist anything exactly as it existed in the Gold Mountain – the great banyan tree. Only this substance existed in this land exactly as it was in the Gold Mountain i.e. Diamond Land. So he inferred that this tree was the gateway to the Diamond Land. Since he recalled the oracle saying ‘The great banyan tree knows everything.’ he became quite sure that once he entered the library again all the problems would be solved. So again he kept pulling all the emerging roots one after another vigorously. Frustratingly, hopelessly, irritatingly and despondently nothing happened. He felt like crying. He felt like dying. He slapped himself twice and his eyes sparkled again when another weird idea sparked in his head. He thought if that was the corridor to enter the Diamond Land i.e. Gold Mountain, this was the opposite side of
the Gold Mountain. Therefore, the procedure to open the door might be the opposite to that of the other side. He recalled the small hole by which he sat sometimes before. Having found that, he started dropping the gravels into it. But again it was of no help. Then he remembered that he picked up a jewel from this place. When he dropped that jewel, into the hole the door did not open too. Then he also dropped the little diamond, the gift for Orange, into the hole and the door opened with loud creaks. He saw the same library from outside and entered right away. ‘Where is Chicklit?’ he thought as he could not trace her within the library. He wondered assuming that he still could not reach Diamond Land. The Land of Illusion captured him. He felt like an insect entrapped in a cobweb. By this time the
door got closed. There seemed to be no other way out for him except exploring the mystery with the help of books only. He carried on his effort to search for books that could give the remedy to get out of this weird situation. But this time he did not see the books, including the books called Chick-Lit, as it appeared previously. Instead, he found the shelves were mostly filled with exaggerated pornographic books. He got scared thinking that the books were also appearing as illusions. Hopeless with no alternative options, he kept looking for a relevant book. When he almost finished searching the shelves and went to a huge pile of books, mostly covered with overt naked pictures of men, women and intercourse, he found a book, with an iridescent cover, which was continuously changing between a glossy picture of
intercourse and a dull stale brown title – ‘The Reality & Illusion.’ He picked it up and opened the first page, where he read a sentence that completely changed his concept of existence of a separate land of illusions. It read, “The Land of Illusion has no real existence like Diamond Land, Blue Land or the Land of Cloud.” So far Apple had only heard of the Land of Illusion, but he had no idea of the Blue Land or the Land of Cloud. Naturally he could not help reading further. When he turned to the second page, he found brief descriptions of these different places. “Diamond Land: This is the land where awaken creatures dwell. Blue Land: This is the land, where dormant creatures dwell. The Land of Cloud: This is the land where half-conscious creatures dwell. The Land of Illusion: This is a virtual ‘land’, if
exactly said ‘domain’, where the creatures, unable to realize their ‘states’, dwell. Any creature, when diseased by illusions, enters this domain.” Now Apple became more confused since he could not realize in which ‘state’ he was belonging to. He went to the next page, where he found the ways to find the position of one’s exact ‘state’. “After reading this passage bellow, when you turn the page, 1) if you continue to read this book, you were belonging to Land of Illusion and presently belong to Land of Illusion. It means you are diseased and just about to become a ‘shadow’. 2) If you find yourself falling down through a deep dark well, you were belonging to Land of Illusion and presently belong to Blue Land. 3) If you find this book, caught in fire, you were belonging to Land of Illusion and presently belong to Land of Cloud. 4) If you go back
to a previous state, which you remember right now, you were belonging to Land of Illusion and presently belong to Diamond Land.” Apple waited for a moment guessing what could happen after he would turn this page. He thought that he would find Chicklit, lying at the same place in this library. So, he became almost sure that he entered Land of Illusion. When he turned the page, he immediately found himself readingthe book, ‘Easy Herbs for Gold Mountain Diseases’. This book –‘The Reality and Illusion’ – vanished straight away. The entire library became exactly as it had been before. He saw the book, called ‘Chick-Lit’ at the right place. Then he turned his eyes to the floor. Yes, he found unconscious Chicklit, lying at the right place too. He turned the pages to find a right remedy for her. As he recalled, it was
the same sentence on the same page that said, ‘If a thorn gets pierced turning the body into bluish cold, eat a jujube.’ But this time Apple made no more mistakes. He carried Chicklit to the jujube tree with him.
30. The urge Gradually they proceeded to a white cold icy top land of Gold Mountain. The cool breeze made them shiver. After a while they saw white snow floating and falling down like soft cottons in the air. Apple saw her mouth smoking. She held his hand, moving closer in his arms to get rid of the chill. They needed a rest. Preparing a bonfire, both of them sat opposite to each other relaxing on the desolate icy land. She glanced at his eyes. Apple did not notice her, since he was busy with pushing a piece of wood into the fire. But she kept gazing at him to see the reflection of fire on his eyes. When he noticed her finally, she just held her eyes steadily pointed to his. She did not even shift her eye balls. His lips curved in a cold joy of victory. Getting up he walked to her. She followed him
with her eyes. He came and sat by her. They looked at each other closely, intensely and more intensely. When Apple noticed her biting lips, she watched his keen eyes and when she glanced at his trembling lips, he followed her aroused eyes. Yes, they kissed each other. They kept kissing each other. They hugged warming up themselves. Apple bent on her breasts. She inserted her sharp tickling fingers into his chest penetrating his heavy mountaineering dress. Giving a warm rub on her back he embraced her tightly. She lied on the ground with the warm weight of Apple on her breasts. Apple kissed her neck. She gave his soft ear lobe a love bite and whispered into his ear, ‘Don’t you love Orange?’ Apple looked at her naughty eyes and felt a bit embarrassed. He asked, ‘Why are you asking this now?’ She smiled and said, ‘Do
you want to cheat her?’ ‘I can’t even think of that.’ he almost announced. - ‘I know you are a good man. But if we have it now, don’t you think it’s going to be a burden for both of us. You won’t be able to tell it to Orange and I also won’t be able to tell it to my man, whom I am going to meet on the mountain top.’ Apple became impatient as he smelt her skin. He said, ‘I don’t want to think about it.’ I just want to have it now. You are so sweet, so beautiful, driving me crazy. Please allow me to please you. Don’t say no, honey. I just want to drink you.’ He rubbed his lips on her breasts and bit a nipple. A crazy shock rushed through her blood. But having grabbed and tightly pulled up his panting mouth, she said, ‘How can I suckle you mischief?’ - ‘You play very well with words. Can’t you think that you are playing with an unwise
animal?’ Though she felt like laughing as a chirpy bird, somehow repressing her jollity she said, ‘No, I can’t consider you a brainless animal for nothing.’ - ‘Don’t be silly.’ - ‘No, I just can’t.’ Crazy and ready, she got ready to get fused with his body. But pretending just the opposite, she just made him cry for her love. Holding her face in his two hands, he uttered at last, ‘I love you.’ But again she said, ‘What about Orange?’ ‘I love her too. I love both of you’, he uttered bitterly. Then she just could not help asking one more question that just came out of her mouth as fluently as bubbles in the water, ‘Whom do you love the most?’ ‘Irritating!’ he said. - ‘Who? Me?’ - ‘No, your questions.’ - ‘Why? I just asked who your most beloved person is. What’s so irritating about it?’
He left her face from the grab of his palms. Rolling aside leaning on elbow he rubbed the soil . Looking toward the bonfire he said, - ‘This has just got no answer. What I know is that I in no circumstance hate or hated you. I fell in love with you instinctively, impulsively and completely illogically. I love Orange too. I love her forever. I trust her forever. I want to see her every morning. I want to spend my whole life with her. But I really don’t know how to confess that we made love in the forest to Orange.’ - ‘Sometimes, it is essential to tell white lies.’ For the first time the curve around her lips bent mischievously. It was a complete new and original glance that she threw onto his eyes. A pulse of pungent joy flew through his blood. She touched his hand again and pulled it back to her waist. They rolled back to each other cuddling on the
soil. He felt the breasts on his chest. She felt a sudden clench stretching her neck. The lips of Apple whispered into her ears, ‘Believe me; I don’t want to cheat Orange.’ Nobody knows whether they had it or not or they just ended up in talking while cuddling.
31. Snaky attacks They packed up everything in hurry since they were getting late. Chicklit reminded him that they had to reach the mountain top before the dawn would break. As time passed the journey through the icy mountain became harder and bizarre. After a point they came to a place where there was no way to walk ahead unless and until one would dig the ice to create a way out. So without wasting any more time they started digging ice, with chisels and sharp-edged metal rods. Everywhere around it was snow falling down through the dense fog. Chicklit sensed a weird smell in the fog. Yes, she knew that smell. It was snaky whose smoke was encircling them. She shouted at Apple, who was busy in digging the ice to leave the place immediately. But
before he realised anything the huge Snaky appeared in front of them. But this time in a very different form – a snake woman that seemed to be a partner of the snake man. But actually she was such a creature that had the ability to take shape of both the sexes. Chicklit held the chisel in her hand tightly sensing a danger looming ahead. As she thought, Snaky turned its jealous eyes and rushed to her with her ferocious hissing hood. She wanted to bite Chicklit to death. But somehow she managed to stab the chisel into Snaky’s chest making it lie on the ground hissing strongly around and creating almost a blizzard. Apple and Chicklit took shelter behind a small ice mound. The huge body of Snaky convulsed and groaned in pain. Behind the mound Chicklit slowly became senseless, as Snaky had been able
to give a small bite onto her shoulder. Consequently, she stopped breathing as well. Nervous Apple tried to puff in air from his mouth into her mouth. He did not realise that groaning Snaky stood up again. She again walked to him. He immediately picked up the metal rod and grasped it tightly. He was struggling to inhale as Snaky started breathing heavily to concentrate energy as if it is going to give the final hit. Apple just felt like an ant in front of the bulky serpent. Snaky stopped proceeding further and said with hissing husky voice that death does not exist in Diamond Land. Though Apple felt a bit relaxed knowing the fact that at least Chicklit did not pass away, he remained ready with metal rod in his hand to resist the dangerous snake-woman. She also informed that though none of, herself and Chicklit, would die, the fear
of losing ‘state’ could cause a severe pain to any creature. According to her Apple and Chicklit were also going to lose their ‘states’ very soon, since at the mountain top dawn had already broken. As the mountain top was in further east, the sun was yet to rise at the place where they were standing now. Therefore, clearly they would not be able to fulfill their dreams. If they reach the mountain after the dawn-break, they would be entrapped to be exiled to Land of Illusion. Apple got really scared after hearing this information. He asked her why she was trying to stop them. Snaky explained her basic urge to have sex with Apple. She said that her mother had given birth to her as a snake man. Since the day the snake man arrived at this Diamond Land, he could not find any snake woman. He was the single creature
of his own species in this whole Diamond Land. So, when his quest for a life partner went futile, he became utterly frustrated. Eventually he created an obscure image of a snake woman in his mind and loved her. Since this snake woman did not exist in reality, he could never satisfy his own urge to have a pleasant physical relationship with the opposite sex. This imagination of his snake woman had not been so strong in his brain that it could get animated into Diamond Land. When he could not find any possibility of his imaginative snake woman to be alive, he gradually got attracted to the gloweyed creatures of Diamond Land. One night, just like today, he tried to get physical with a glow-eyed woman like Chicklit, who then and there burned him with the angry fire emerging out of her eyes. He ran at random in severe burning
pain. After a while he reached a pond. To get rid of the fire that was burning him till then to ash, he jumped into the pond. Just before touching the water surface, instead of seeing his own image, he saw an image of the snake woman. At last he moved into the water with a useless charred body turned almost totally into ash. As death does not exist in Diamond Land, he took the shape of smoke that was basically evaporating out of his burning body. This smoke had got a powerful ability to appear as any sex at any time. But the urge of the snake man to have physical contact with his imagined snake woman remained untouched, though his power of creation that he acquired just before jumping into the pond gave his own creation an existence on this Diamond Land. The only tragedy was the snake man and the
snake woman could never exist simultaneously. However, telling her own story, she wanted to have sex with Apple. When he disagreed, he did it with him forcefully and as usual bit him when she was just about to experience the ecstasy. Snaky disappeared with her aphrodisiac smell while Apple and Chicklit lied senseless on the cold white ice.
32. The mountain top When they woke up, it had just been dawn. Chicklit cried out seeing the bright orange sun beams scattering light across the sky. In the dense fog Apple held her in arms while she was weeping on his chest. But he said that now they should at least visit the mountain top as it would be a rare experience. But Chicklit thought that she had by now lost the opportunity to meet her dream creature. She would need to wait for another year again to start from zero. It was really frustrating for her, though finally she got to the mountain top with a broken heart. It was an endless beautiful sea on which peaks of ice glaciers were floating across. A smooth reddish orange tint, in the horizon, had mixed up with the pure sea water. But it
never appeared as she expected. It was completely different from what Chicklit heard before. She did not find any golden bird sitting on any ice glacier or any silver fish swimming under the translucent sea water. Instead she found some sweet dolphins bobbing up and down. When Apple revealed the prediction of Snaky to get entrapped in Land of Illusion again, she was so downhearted that she squatted down on the shore and started weeping. But he requested not to be so hopeless reminding about her responsibility to show him the way to the cottage, where Orange was waiting for him. He suggested her to enjoy the exotic land. They walked ahead and came across a pair of penguins, rubbing each others' beaks together. There low chuckle of the penguins appeared so refreshing, that, as
if, they were warming up each other in the cold of Gold Mountain. After walking a while along the sea shore they noticed a moored ship far away. Chicklit naturally became energised again as an idea of reaching her goal easily caught her thought. She liked to think that Snaky had not necessarily said the truth. More they came closer to the ship; more the gigantic vessel surprised them. At last they entered the vessel. The first room they stepped in had walls painted milky white like the ice glaciers outside. There was only a long mirror attached with a classic wooden frame and engraved with spirally-upward spring- like design in the middle of the floor. Her eyes glowed in joy. She so dragged Apple back that he almost fell down on the floor and so that he could not see his own image on the mirror
before she did. Finally she looked at her image on the mirror surface. But nothing happened. She went closer to the mirror. Her image came closer to her. But nothing happened. She leaned toward the mirror. Her glowing eyes reflected back on to her impatient eye balls. But nothing happened. Then she rubbed the mirror along the T zone of her face with the fore finger. But nothing happened. She stepped back and raised her hand in utter frustration with an intention to break the mirror. But Apple pulled her back. She grasped apple tight and cried aloud on his chest. He rubbed her back for a while. Slowly she became quiet and squatted down on the floor. Apple pushed her aside and walked ahead to the mirror curiously to see his own image on it. He just could not imagine. He just could not imagine what he saw on the precious
mirror glass. Instead of his own image it was Orange, who stood looking at him on the other side. She was dressed in Kashmiri shawl and sari.
33. Orange in love Orange discovered herself in front of her beloved mirror. She smiled at her crazy imaginations. Somewhere within he felt sorry for Joy. He had been asking for her hands for a fairly long time. She picked up the cell phone and called Joy asking him to arrange the dinner in a nearby restaurant if possible. Joy assured her happily that it would not be a problem since the transport strike had been called only for twelve hours, half day. In the evening all the restaurants would start running in full swing. Joy was happy like a new born butterfly. He immediately booked a table in a restaurant and called her back to ensure that he would pick up her at around 7 in the evening. Orange dressed up in complete black, sported minimum and
sparkling jewellery. Joy naturally got enthralled by her emphasized beauty. As he guessed beforehand that Orange might accept his love today, he was prepared with a ring. In the dinner table Orange had made the way easy for Joy. She asked whether he was feeling to tell her something special tonight. Joy just did not waste any time. He had just been waiting for this moment. He took her hand and fitted the ring onto her ring finger. Both of them had a great time. At last Orange allowed Joy to kiss. But she did not reveal that she would want to call him Apple, instead of Joy, the name which was already used and abused by his peers. After returning to her apartment she threw her body on the bed. She was so happy that she recalled the kisses Joy planted on her lips tonight. By this moment Nikita knocked at her door.
Opening the door she went to her bed room and again hurled herself onto the bed smiling, which appeared almost for no reason to Nikita. When Nikita asked why she was so happy today, she did not say anything. She looked at Nikta’s eyes for a while and asked how to arouse men. Though Nikita fell from the sky, Orange explicitly expressed her will to know about all the possible erogenous parts of the body of a man. It was Nikita’s favourite topic. So, she started firing her lecture about how to lead a man to give his woman the ultimate pleasure. Then she asked again whether Orange had found a new boyfriend of her choice or it was the same Joy. Orange did not say anything. She only told Nikita that she would let her know when the time would come. Then Nikita said that before the time would arrive she also had to say
something, which she could not tell her so far. How Joy always called her to enjoy phone-sex, Nikita revealed to her, though she confessed she also enjoyed all the sizzling conversations and she did fantasize about sleeping with him. But it was also true that she never tried to get physical with him while it was never so difficult for her. She just loved to fantasize about guys, and recently the prey was Joy. She said that she did enjoy when Joy used to go totally crazy like a drunk and talk dirty listening to her erotic and arousing whispers over phone. However, in the end she advised not to go with Joy as she felt that he was not enough trustworthy and left as Orange felt tired and sleepy. Orange did not change dress. She fell asleep with the fluorescent white tube light turned on.
34. Back home Next day she planned to visit her home town to meet her parents. She called and informed them. Accordingly she applied for a one week leave in the office. But here came another irritation for her. Her boss disagreed to give her a leave right away. She really did not think twice before submitting her resignation letter. All of her colleagues were really shocked by her decision since it was the time of a great global economic depression. Next morning she started her journey home, the place of her childhood and school life in a train. She went across green paddy fields, many rivers, slowly becoming narrower as the train moved more northward and of course cut through fresh air. The End.