PromPts for secondary
1. Write a classification paragraph about different chemical reactions and reacting
agents that you have learned about in chemistry class.
2. Write a classification paragraph about the seven continents and the countries that
3. Write a classification paragraph about different styles in art, such as cubism and
pointillism, and if possible, name the main artists who instigated each style.
4. Write a paragraph that classifies the different types of government, such as
democracy, monarchy, socialist, and communist. Explain how their philosophies differ from each other.
5. Write a classification paragraph about insects, reptiles, birds, or mammals. 6. Write a classification paragraph about different theories in math and the techniques
that fall under each.
7. Write a short report classifying the seasons and the major weather shifts that
happen in each.
8. Think of an animal or plant that often gets misclassified, such as when dolphins are
mistaken for fish, or tomatoes are considered vegetables. What about the platypus? Write a paragraph that correctly classifies your choice and explain why it fits in its true category.
9. Write a paragraph classifying the different kinds of cells and their different
© 2008 by Sopris West Educational Services. All rights reserved.