This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
MPR Sample Test.
1. Which of the following would NOT be a key operating objective ? A. Inventory dollars. C. Factory location selection. B. Shipment dollars. D. Work force stabilization.
2. All of the following are about forecasting. Which of the following is LEAST related among others ? Ⅰ. Causal factor. Ⅱ. External indicator. Ⅲ. Historical data. Ⅳ. Leading indicator. A. Ⅰ. B. Ⅱ. C. Ⅲ. D. Ⅳ.
3. Which of the following must be essentially considered when scheduling final assembly in ATO manufacturing environment ? A. Customer shipping date. C. Material requirement plan. B. Master production schedule. D. Tracking signal.
4. Your are a company master scheduler and just have scheduled the master schedule, which calculate ATP in demand time fence as 85 units. If 100 units of a customer order in demand time fence is demanding, which of the following action is the MOST appropriate as the master scheduler ? A. Accept this customer order and expedite production. B. Firstly accept 85 units of the customer order, request the decision making to the senior management for the remaining orders. C. Accept this customer order and replan the mater production schedule. D. Firstly accept 85 units of the customer order, promise the remaining order after demand time fence.
- 1 -
Cyclic index. Demand time fence must be established as one week irrespectively of manufacturing environments. Which of the following is MOST appropriate technique for new products ? A. B. Dephi method. C. Which of the following will be NOT involved in the bill of resource ? A. Safety stock. A. 10. All of the following are quantitative forecasting methods EXCEPT ? A. Change lead time. D. When updating MPS. the planner will. Ⅱ. B. Ⅰ. Seasonal index. SKU.2 - . Production plan can be evaluated by resource plan using : A. Ⅳ D. Materials. Ⅳ. Labor. Ⅲ. Ⅲ. B. D. Manufacturing constraints must be considered. . Investigate exception message. 6. B. Additive trend. 7. The bill of resource. Econometric method.MPR Sample Test. D. Planning horizon must be longer than the longest cumulative lead time of end items. Ⅲ C. B. Exponential smoothing. Ⅳ 8. Which of the following principles are TRUE for establishing effective MPS ? Ⅰ. D. Safety capacity. C. 9. Planning time fence must be calculated as much as purchase lead time. first of all. Change lot size. Energy. D. Ⅱ B. Multiple regression. Ⅰ. Safety lead time. C. Release orders. 5. Ⅱ. Delphi. C. A. C.
C. Critical workcenter. Ⅰ B. Level Strategy. . Ⅳ.3 - . ․ Forecasted demand : 21. Ⅱ. Ⅲ. Inputs of rough-cut capacity plan are Ⅰ. Ⅱ. Establishing the production plan for period using level strategy. ․ Projected ending inventory : 0 units. ․ No. Ⅲ. Periodic review system.000 units. of periods : 4 A. Load profile. Time phased order point. Ⅳ 12. MPS. Ⅲ. Ⅰ. based on the following information. Ⅳ.CPIM(Certified In Production & Inventory Management) 11. Ⅰ. Regression analysis. Historical analogy. Ⅳ D. Ⅰ. Ⅳ C. Ⅰ. Ⅰ. Ⅲ B. Ⅱ. 4. 5. Which of the following is MOST appropriate forecasting technique when a company planning sales promotion for their new product line at the current year ? A. Ⅱ C. Ⅱ.000 14. Ⅲ. A. B. A. Ⅱ. Ⅲ. Seasonal index. Bill of resource. Distribution requirement planning.500 B. Ⅲ D. D. Which of the following are used in distribution inventory planning ? Ⅰ.000 C. Ⅱ. Ⅲ. ․ Starting inventory : 1000 units. Push system. 6. Ⅰ. Ⅱ. Ⅳ 13. 5.500 D.
460 units 1 700 B. 2 500 3 400 C. All of the following must be considered in the process of demand management EXCEPT : A. The company will experience sales decline at first. 30 D. Based on the following information. but immediately they will learn by experience that sales volume are continuously increased. 4 300 5 500 D. what is the available-to-promise in period 2 ? On-hand : 40 units. 520 units. The company will experience sales volume improvement gradually slow downed. Validating engineering specification. 500 units. 40 40 . we can expect that : A.MPR Sample Test. C. D. Based on the below MPS table. ․ Forecasted demand. 4 50 0 DTF : 1 week PTF : 5 week 5 6 50 50 0 0 40 C. B. B. 480 units. The company will continually increase sales volumes due to increased inventories. Forecast Customer Order PAB 40 ATP MPS A. 16. 10 B. Tracking demand pattern for each product group. Safety stock : 0 Lot size : 40 units. 20 1 50 35 2 30 10 3 20 0 . The company will lose sales force due to increased inventories. Period Forecasts A. Investigating voice of the customer.4 - . C. If make-to-stock company only concentrate on the increase of inventory for improving customer service. 15. calculate the production rate per period if a company want to develop the level production plan ? ․ Beginning inventory : 200 units. 18. D. Analyzing complementary product. ․ Ending inventory : 100 units. 17.
5 - . Product volume. Ⅳ. Ⅰ B. Ⅲ. Product mix.CPIM(Certified In Production & Inventory Management) 19. Time will be spent on the problems which occurred in the previous month. Cost variance analysis. Rapid communication. C. Cost/benefit analysis. A. 22. Increase of security for internal information. The longest cumulative lead time. Ⅰ. The planning horizon for MPS should be longer than : A. Ⅰ. Ⅰ. Tracking signal. Ⅲ. Middle managers will have solved the issues before the meeting. Product costing. Which of the following is the MOST appropriate technique for trade-off analysis between forecasts accuracy and costs ? A. Ⅱ B. Ⅱ. Manufacturing lead time. A company have just established EDI system. Senior managers will provide reasons for the near misses. Production technology. B. 21. Ⅱ. Ⅳ 23. B. Which of the following should occur for a sales and operations process working properly ? A. Ⅲ D. A. D. 6～12 month. Ⅱ. Ⅲ C. Ⅲ. They expect : Ⅰ. C. Which of the following elements affect on the change of the bill of resources ? Ⅰ. Ⅳ D. Ⅰ. Time bucket. Ⅲ. C. Ⅰ. Ⅱ. Reduction of purchasing clerks. D. Ⅳ 20. Improvement of planning accuracy. D. Ⅱ. . B. Ⅳ. Focus forecasting. Customer service will improve. Ⅱ C.
27. Five to fifteen. a key responsibility of the management team is to control performance of the business to the plan. ․ Utilization = 75 %. 320 B. Increased as much as overconsuming. In order to properly manage the business.6 - . C. C. Not change the plan. Send emails to everyone regarding the plan. D. ․ Efficiency = 75%.MPR Sample Test. A. 24. Communicate clear expectations of the plan. Less than 5. B. Not changed. B. PAB will be : A. The production plan needs to be expressed in meaningful units that everyone understands. senior managers must: A. Decreased as much as overconsuming. 28. 180 C. Accuracy of ATP. it is important that the production plan is widely understood in the company. Based on the following information. Which of the following factors will affect on realistic MPS EXCEPT ? A. B. Utilization of modular bills. of shifts = 2. ․ No. 200 D. In order to accomplish this task. 26. Accuracy of bill of resource. Fifteen to twenty five. C. what is the rated capacity for month ? ․ Production hours = 8 hrs per shift. D. When overconsuming within demand time fence. 160 . B. Punish those departments that miss the plan. Increased. To accomplish this. The best number of product groups or families would be : A. It also needs to be expressed in a manageable number of units. ․ Working days = 20 days per month. Twenty five to fifty. C. 25. Calculation of the rated capacity per each end item. D. D.
CPIM(Certified In Production & Inventory Management) 29.7 - . Ⅳ D. Ⅰ. Competitor's action. B. 30. Ⅱ. MAD. Product load profile. All of the following are external demand factors affecting on demand EXCEPT : Ⅰ. How much planning bills are required in assemble-to-order manufacturing environment ? ․ No of product model = 5. Reschedule MPS. . 25 D. Dispatching list. Ⅱ. Expedite the customer order for reducing due-date. Action notice. a company should A. Ⅳ. Ⅱ. A. 5 B. Workcenter file. Notice the customer for product delay and reconciliate the delivery schedule with the customer. C. Average. D. All 31. D. A. Company sales promotion. Ⅲ B. 10 C. If a customer order is so much delayed. Ⅲ. Company pricing strategy. Outliers and demand filters. The evaluation for forecasting system performance should include EXCEPT A. D. 120 32. Tracking signal. B. Ⅳ C. C. Company lot size strategy. 33. Ⅲ. Ⅰ. Output of capacity requirement plan is : A. Execute trade-off analysis with every orders for re-calculating order priorities. Ⅲ. B. C. ․ No of options for product model = 5.
MPS. When informing a specific customer of delivery delay time interval. D. PAB B. S&OP should be evaluated under the basis on business plan. Shop manager. Safety Stock. aggregate inventory management decision should focus on EXCEPT : A. Maximize customer service. C. 35. Who is responsible for evaluating the master schedule ? A. Supper bills. Supervisor. Middle manager. . C. which of the following is LEAST effective way to stabilize MPS while good customer service level ? A. ATP C. Time fence. In S&OP process. S&OP should be regarding to product volume. Minimize JIT's waste. B. 36. C. finance and production. B. Safety Stock D. S&OP should be approved throughout the agreement of core functions such as marketing. In make-to-stock environment. D. not to product mix. Planning bills. Phantom bills. 38. 37. C. B. Minimize inventory investment. Top manager. Firm planned order. engineering.8 - . D.MPR Sample Test. Modular bills. C. B. D. 34. B. which of the following information should be used ? A. Product options is NOT calculated in which of the following ? A. Consuming forecasts. 39. Maximize production efficiency. S&OP should be established under the agreement of core functions. Which of the following practice is NOT appropriate for the decision of S&OP ? A. D.
Ⅱ. C. Improvement of productivity. Work center capacity utilized versus plan. 41. Total sales volume. Shipment dollars versus plan. Ⅲ B.CPIM(Certified In Production & Inventory Management) 40. Which of the following measures would NOT be a likely measure for sales and operations planning ? A. Forecasts accuracy directly affects on : A. Projected available balance (PAB) : Ⅰ. In developing a sales and operation planning process. Ⅲ. Using safety stock. Ⅲ. It is related to manufacturing bill of materials. It is very effective in final assemble. Rescheduling MPS. measurements must be created to be published and reviewed at each meeting. Actual production versus production plan. It facilitates the planning process. Ⅳ. D. 43. B. Is possible to be negative. D. C. B. Sales versus plan. Ⅲ C. D. C. A. B. B. It is related to engineering bill of materials. C. Total production cost. D. Inventory levels. Which of the following is MOST cost effective when accepting the rush orders of a specific customer in demand time fence ? A. Is always positive. Represents the projected inventory. Ⅱ. 42. Ⅰ.9 - . Can include allocation. Establishing planning bills. . Which of the following is TRUE about planning bills ? A. Ⅳ 44. Reallocating ATP. Ⅰ. Ⅳ D.
Order promise dates. Decrease of total transportation cost. C. Point of use. Centralization. B.MPR Sample Test. B. Central production control. 45. Level production strategy. B. Increases of distribution center and warehouse may result in A. Hybrid production strategy. 47. C. 46. Multilevel bill. D. Common parts bill. Pseudo bill. Decease of fixed cost. C. All of the following are planning bill EXCEPT A. . Reduction of total inventory level. B. Chase production strategy. Super bill. MRP Ⅱ system. D. Which of the following data should be used to express the sales plan ? A. D. A company which have capital intentive equipments for their product groups will want to develop : A. B. C. C. Decentralization. Customer requested dates. 51. D. Demand rate. Job shop. D. Characteristics of pull system are NOT : A. 48. B. Level loading without available capacity.10 - . Subcontract production strategy. 50. D. 49. Able to investigate queue lengths for a specific workcenter. Methods for evaluating MPS. Capable of representing overloading workcenter. D. Which of the following is LEAST true about push system ? A. C. Infinite loading is A. Decease of total operation cost. Available-to-promise dates. Order receipt dates. B. Kanban. C.
Infinite loading. D. C. 56. B. Recent past sales history. Prepare pilot data consisting of a few product families. C. Order backlog from customers. Strategic plan. Capacity enhancement. capacity levels. and III 55. Tactical plan. I and II B. I. to achieve the intermediate goals and objectives of the organization. Scheduled receipts. II. This should be done by A. C. one option is to find suppliers who will produce the products associated with the overloaded resource. If the production plan shows that certain key resources will be over capacity. funding levels. Before beginning a sales and operations planning process.11 - . C. Operational plan. Capacity requirements planning. staffing levels. it is BEST to A. Decomposing. Interplant transfer of parts. Every company should have a set of functional plans synchronizing activities across functions that specify production levels. Which of the following sources of demand should be considered in production planning ? Ⅰ. For each product family. Engineering study. Calculating the rated capacity. Business plan.CPIM(Certified In Production & Inventory Management) 52. D. I and III C. 54. . Ⅲ. A. II and III D. D. B. 53. etc. Ⅱ. D. Outsourcing. B. Ensure all product SKU's are included. Be sure the forecast is at least 95% accurate. This process of finding a supplier to manufacture a product that was previously done internally is called A. B. Provide responsibilities to everyone involved. the number of units that can possibly be produced each month should be determined. This plan would be called the A.
58. C. A distribution network structure is the A. Do not include them at all. Include them in the MPS. In which of the following environments would the capable-to-promise (CTP) functionality be LEAST helpful ? A. As used in forecasting. D. 59.12 - . B.MPR Sample Test. Organization including distribution planners which maintain the outflow of products to the customer. Process of determining the need to replenish inventory at branch warehouses. A series of models which are tested by the history to determine the best fit forecast. Make-to-order. C. Which of the following statements is TRUE regarding the inclusion of dependent demand as part of demand management ? A. seasonality. A strong customer/supplier partnership develops over a period of time and is built on A. SKU. Assemble-to-order. B. Mutual trust and respect. Solid contractual relationships. The disaggregation of data. Blanket orders. C. Make-to-stock. etc. and cyclic data. . B. Engineer-to-order 61. Strong negotiating tactics. C. D. Planned channels of inventory disbursement from one or more sources to a field warehouses and. product family. D. Time series data being separated into trend. decomposition refers to A. 57. C. Planned route along which a product travels to the ultimate customer. B. 60. B. Include them in the production plan. D. to the customer. Include them in the MRP system. Forcing down of data in to the separate components. ultimately. D.
The ability to take a customer order and provide a promised delivery date based on the existing capacity and materials is called A. C. Predict demand. the ability to promise an order to a customer.CPIM(Certified In Production & Inventory Management) 62. The ability to order promise is different between organizations. . 63. Hours of capacity and output. Available finished goods inventory. C. D. Sales in one month may not ship until the next month. is based on the A. C. D.13 - . Commonly understood terms. Influence demand. and deliver it as promised. Order-to-promise. In an assemble-to-order company. Available supplier capacity going forward. 66. B. D. the production plan should be stated in A. Units of capacity and output. Capable-to-promise. B. B. Dollars of capacity and output. or assemble-to-order. 64. B. Communicate demand. whether they are make-to-stock. C. Delivery-to-promise. Which of the following BEST describes the problem with this technique ? A. C. Available-to-promise. The production planning process is meant to be a communication tool. 65. B. Many companies capture sales data as the demand data. Sales may include sporadic demand. D. Sales may understate actual demand for the products. Which of the following is NOT a key element of demand management ? A. Available capacity for manufacturing and engineering. make-to-order. Availability of major subassemblies and components. D. Readjust demand. In order to fulfill this objective. Sales may include free goods/samples.
. while others must be engineered. Linking the production plan to MRP. Pyramid forecasting. To help reduce engineering lead times. the order is taken and a great deal of engineering must occur before the final product is shipped to the customer. D. D. Synchronizing of market activities and the production plan. Exponential smoothing. D. C. Frequently. 68. In a make-order environment. Providing input to the master schedule. Improves forecast accuracy thereby improving the scheduling. Specialized planning bills of material. 70. B. Allows visibility into the distribution system for scheduling purposes. The forecasting system that uses the one forecasting model that would have performed BEST in the recent past to generate the next forecast is A. B. Double exponential smoothing. B. Kanban. C. Establishes a method for consigning inventory at customers. The master scheduler can achieve this by using which of the following techniques ? A. D. Which of the following is the primary role for demand management ? A. 69. B. Resource bills of materials. it is important to control the customers order after it has been entered into the system. Time fences. Reduces the demand for capacity plan allowing more flexibility in scheduling.14 - . As a result. C. Which of the following BEST describes the benefit of DRP to the MPS ? A. 67. Focus forecasting. 71. C. certain product features are known at order entry time. B. Safety stock. D. C.MPR Sample Test. Pseudo bills of materials. Modular bills of materials. Safety lead time. which of the following techniques can be used ? A. This generally requires MPS stability and predictability. Providing a tool for aggregation and disaggregation of demand.
Inventory levels at the centers will increase. Earliest operation due date. B. B. Least slack rule. D. Scheduled receipts. Demand management and physical distribution. 73. None of the above. Planned orders in the MRP system. Inventory accuracy will decline. D. C. Which of the following BEST describes the term 'Logistics' in the non-military sense ? A. Shortest operation time. which of the following will MOST likely occur ? A. D. . When this happens. 75.15 - . Gross requirements in the MPS. 74.CPIM(Certified In Production & Inventory Management) 72. The movement of finished goods to the final customer. All of the following are priority sequencing rules EXCEPT A. The forecast will become more accurate. B. C. Latest part due date. aggregate forecasts are often used. Relative errors will increase. Planned orders from the warehouse translate to which of the following in the factory ? A. Inventory in the MPS. D. C. Obtaining and distributing products and materials. C. These aggregate forecasts are then broken down into detailed forecasts by the distribution center. In using a DRP system. B.
Solution : 1 C 11 B 21 C 31 B 41 A 51 B 61 D 71 B 2 C 12 D 22 C 32 C 42 D 52 C 62 A 72 C 3 A 13 B 23 B 33 A 43 B 53 A 63 D 73 C 4 B 14 A 24 B 34 B 44 A 54 B 64 B 74 B 5 A 15 A 25 D 35 B 45 B 55 C 65 C 75 B 6 D 16 A 26 D 36 D 46 A 56 D 66 D 7 D 17 C 27 C 37 A 47 A 57 B 67 D 8 B 18 C 28 B 38 C 48 A 58 A 68 B 9 A 19 A 29 B 39 D 49 B 59 D 69 A 10 B 20 A 30 B 40 B 50 B 60 A 70 D .MPR Sample Test.16 - .
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.