This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
: Nur Aliaa binti Osman
: 14 July 2011 : 07:50 a.m. – 08:50 a.m.
: 5 Bistari
No. of pupils
: World of Stories/World of Knowledge
Previous knowledge Skills
: Pupils have known about the National Day parade. : 2.3.6 Take part in teacher guided question. 3.3.3 Read and understand simple paragraphs. 4.4.2 Construct simple and compound sentences based on a given stimulus.
: By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to: (i) Give at least 5 out of 6 details of National Day celebration. (ii) Speak clearly and pronounce words accurately by answering at least 2 out 3 questions given by teachers. (iii) Answer at least 4 out of 6 questions base from the passage that pupils have read. (iv) Construct at least 2 out of 3 simple sentences by answering the question given from the text book.
TEACHING LEARNING ACTIVITIES See a picture about the National Day. AVA : Manila cards and pictures. REMARKS AVA: Picture (APPENDIX I) MI: Spatial-visual . Teacher asks pupils whether they have watched National Day parade before. Whole class discussion. Moral values : Patriotism and proud to be a Malaysian because we live in peace and harmony. tell me what picture is this? 4) When is the National Day? 5) Where was the parade held? 6) What can you see during the National Day? 7) Good. 3. verbal linguistic. Interpersonal CCTS : Identifying the information known or needed and making associations or connections. 5. Teacher paste a National Day parade picture on the white board. 4. Pupils respond to teacher’s questions by selecting the right cards to answer. Teacher asks few questions about their experience watching the parade. Instructional Language 1) Good morning class! 2) Now you may sit down 3) Now. 6. STEPS Set Induction (5 minutes) CONTENT 1. 2.Pedagogical principles : Multiple Intelligences – visual spatial. Today we are going to continue our lesson about people. Teacher introduces today’s lesson to pupils. Teacher greets pupils first before starting the lesson.
8) I want you to read the passage from your text book page 81. Step 1 (15 minutes) 1) Teacher asks the pupils to read the passage entitle the National Day parade page 81 from the textbook. 5) Pupils have to paste the selected card on the white board which is related to the question given. I want you to answer my questions.6 3. 3) Pupils have to put up their hands if they want to answer the question. the pupils have to select the right cards to answer the questions. Step 2 (20 minutes) 1) Teacher asks pupils to answer the question from the text book page 82.3 AVA Pictures Visual card MI Visual Spatial .4. 2) Now.2 Whole class discussion Whole class reading Individual speaking Skill 2. Instructional Language 1) I want you to read the passage from the text book on page 81.3. 2) Teacher asks few questions to check pupils' comprehensions.3. Individual exercise Skills 4. 4) To answer the question. 3) What does Chee Kiat feel when he see the parade? 4) When did the crowd clapped and cheered? 5) Where were the King and other ministers during the parade? 6) Write your answer on the white board.
3) Teacher discusses the answers with the pupils. 2) I give you 10 minutes to answer the question. 2) Teacher asks pupils to read the sentences in page 84. Instructional Language 1) I want you to answer the question in page 82. Step 3 (15 minutes) AVA Text book MI Visual spatial CCTS Making association 1) Teacher asks pupils to read the passage and observe how all the words in bold are used. let’s discuss the answer together. Instructional language 1) Now I want all of you to read the passage. 4) Teacher gives notes for them to copy in their grammar exercise book. 6) Teacher gives one example on the white board.2) Teacher gives 20 minutes for the pupils to copy the question and answer it in their exercise book. 3) Teacher asks pupils to identify which sentences are using singular verbs and which sentences are using plural verbs. Identify the use Individual work Group work Skill 4. 2) Turn to page 84 and read the sentences. 5) Teacher asks pupils to take turns to construct sentences using the substitution table. 4) I want you to pass to me your book. 3) Now.2 AVA Exercise book Text book Refer to: Appendix I (Grammar notes) MI Visual linguistic .4.
2) Teacher explains that subject and verbs should always agree in order to construct sentences. . I want you to copy this notes in your grammar exercise book. I want you to pair with your friends or individually to construct sentences using the substitution table given. Why the words in bold are used for the phrase. Whole Closure (5 minutes ) 1) Teacher explains to the pupils about the importance of using the subject and verbs correctly. Patriotism when singing patriotic song. Look at the number 8 (Let’s practice).3) 4) 5) 6) of words in bold. 3) Teacher explains the morale values from the passage about the National Day parade. Instructional Language 1) Did you know that it is important to use the subject and verbs correctly when constructing a phrase? 2) What is the morale that you get from the passage you have read about the National Day parade? class AVA Text book MI Visual Spatial Morale Values We have to respect the people who fight the enemies for freedom our country in order to get the independence. Identify which sentences are using singular verbs and which sentences are using plural verbs.
APPENDIX I .
The verb must agree with its subject: 1.Noun as subjects is normally the most important person. . animal. Shahier and Amri Plural Verb Are Were Do Have . Examples: Singular Subject Verb Pronoun He She It Syahirah Is Was Does Has Plural Subject Pronoun You We They Verb Are Were Do Have Noun as Subjects .It refers to the person. A plural subject takes a plural verb. animal or thing that does the action.APPENDIX II Notes: Subject and Verb (Agreement) A sentence must have a subject and a verb.It tells us who or what performs the action in a sentence. . 2. For example: He has several hotels in Cameron Highlands. The subject may be a noun or a pronoun. place or thing that have in a sentence. A singular subject takes a singular verb. Examples:Singular Subject Noun The manager The writer Verb Is Was Does Has Subject Noun The patients Will and his brother Syahirah.
Strength: I have prepared some printed pictures for my visual aid that I think it might be more helpful for the student to see it clearly rather than the previous one which is the power point presentation. Focused Issue/Challenge: The challenge that I have to encounter during class lesson is the trial of avoiding using difficult words which is unable the pupils to understand my instructions. Weakness: This daily lesson plan is not well prepared because I thought I have ample time to finish the National Day topic with the grammar section. I also have tried to use simple words for the pupils to be able to understand my instructional language. . After half of the period. – 08:50 a. Other than that. The use of word cards to match with the pictures of the National Day create participation from the student to answer the question. I realize that I might could not finish my lesson until the grammar section. So I just go on with the National Day topic and I am going to continue the grammar section on the other class. B. 2.m. Other than that._ Class: 5 Bistari_ A. I am not using newsprint for my passage reading which I actually another creative way to make the lesson more interesting and effective. I am trying to use pictures that I have printed before as my visual aid to replace the power point presentation that is ineffective on my first day of teaching.m.REFLECTION PRACTICES Teaching and Learning Activities: Topic – People (National Day parade)_____ Date: 15 July 2011_____ Time: 07:50 a. Analyzing the Issue 1.
3. to discuss on the ideas and to contribute in finding the solution towards any question that I give in class. This will give them new experience to practice an interpersonal communication technique and also how to handle problems together. New awareness related with the out of class experienced/daily life: Patriotism towards my own country and trying to help the pupils to be expose with the real situation of celebrating National Day as there are few of them does not have the real experience of attending and watching the National Day parade. . 4. Suggestions and Further action: I have to come out with new activities such as group activities that can make the pupils to change ideas.
6. – 08:50 a.m.REFLECTION PRACTICES Teaching and Learning Activities: Topic – People_(Occupation)___________ Date: 14 July 2011_____ Time: 07:50 a. There are few mistakes that have been corrected by mentor. The reason is because the condition of the class has a direct lighting from the outside and make the video looks unclear for the pupils especially who are sitting . This is in order for me to recall back their previous knowledge that they already know about the National Day. Analyzing the Issue 5. Weakness: After the end of the lesson. The pupils are unable to understand my words because sometimes I was suddenly mentioned some complicated words that were unfamiliar to them. Strength: Before entering the class I have prepared the daily lesson plan and have done twice follow up towards the lesson plan to be checked and verified by my mentor. Thus would make me feel confidence and prepared enough to enter the class. This is why they were suddenly giving a slow respond because they have to think and identify the meaning of the word that I use.m. I found that there are many weaknesses that I have to improve. Other than that. This is because teacher usually use some complicated words that is unable for the student to understand as they are unfamiliar with those words._ Class: 5 Bistari_ C. I also used the projector to make my presentation look more interesting for the pupils to watch during the introduction set. Focused Issue/Challenge: The challenge that I have to encounter during class lesson is the difficulties of pupils to understand teacher’s instructional language. the use of projector does not give effective results because the pupils were unable to see the video that I present. D.
Nevertheless. I recognize that I also had another problem which is not came out with creative ideas besides the power point presentation of video showing different occupation. . children love to discover and try new things. Suggestions and Further action: I would suggest my self to be more prepared in planning and preparing my daily lesson plan and asking more suggestions from my mentor for some method or technique that I can use in order to deal with the pupils. Besides that. The creative activity should be variety so that the pupils will be more likely to learn as for them the activity is new. New awareness related with out of class experienced/daily life: 8. I realize that it is important to do some interesting activities to attract the pupils’ attention to participate in class and listen to teacher’s instruction. I also have to do some research from the internet to find different ideas on how to create a creative lesson for the pupils in order to come out with some good activities. I also have to be more careful not to use complicated words but to use simple words that will be easy for the pupils to understand my questions or instructions during the lesson.at the back. This is because. 7.
The differences can be seen usually at the end of the group or hands on activity period. They will also give a smudge looking face when they could not think of any solution to answer the question. Vice versa. if someone is not ready to do something but they were forced to do the . when come to continue to the next step of learning such as reading. During the grouping or hands on activity. making analysation or finding conclusion. This is what have made the teachers’ attempt to teach is rendered ineffective. Problem Analysis The problem of readiness for learning refers to the individual’s personal situation whether they are ready to learn something with purpose in order to gain some new experience. But after that. then the individual will fell disappointed. This problem is crucial importance and need attention and action in order to solve this problem. This problem was identified when some students were unable to answer some questions that I gave. Not ready for pupils mean they are not prepared for receiving something new to be learned in school. the pupils were suddenly look scared of being called to answer any question given. Referring to Thorndike (1913). means this action is a satisfaction for them. the pupils were giving 90 percent of their effort to do the activity. if they want to do In the something but they could not do it. other hand. Learning Principles is when someone are ready to do something or to do some action on behalf for to gain the knowledge for themselves and they gain achievement after they done the actions.Journal: Week : Day : Reflection of Issue___ Week 1 (15 July 2011) Friday_____________ Pupils’ Readiness for Learning Nur Aliaa binti Osman KPLI-SR 2011 Problem There were some problems that have been identified which is the readiness of the pupils for learning in the class.
Using interesting set induction to attract pupils’ attention and to build their interest towards contributing to the learning process and to be ready to go to the next level of learning activities. from level of censoring motor 1 month until 2 years old. The teacher must understand and utilize the readiness for learning of his or her pupils in order to plan and to implement a suitable teaching and learning activities that can match and compatible with the pupils’ ability. the readiness of learning is actually prioritizing the level of intellectual development. level of pre-operational from 2 years old until 6 years old. Thus. As an outcome. we also must take consideration from the pupils emotional and socials development. emotional and the maturity of a person. I have taken some action to overcome this problem by: 1. This is in order to enable them to receive and do the learning activity effectively. Some people could not be forced to learn something if that individual is not ready for the learning new things.action. In order to overcome this problem. their previous knowledge and their basic skills of certain thing that they already learned before. . Piaget (1966). this enforcement will not give any effectiveness in their learning process. Although we can measure the level of readiness through their achievement or intelligence tests. it is important to identify the factors that influence the readiness for learning is the maturity through the level of pupils’ age wh ich is referring to Jean Piaget’s cognitive development. Other than that. their interest and attitude among friends and teachers. psychomotor. the amount of personal motivation that they have. Suggestion There are few ways we can take action in order to identify pupils readiness for learning. level of concrete operational 7 years old until 12 years old. we should not only totally rely upon the results of these measurements because it is just useful as a general indicator of capacity. and formal operational level which is after 12 years old. associating the readiness of learning with the level of the children’s cognitive development. then the enforcement can bring a bad feeling for and will also disappoint them. Therefore.
effective learning in influenced by the attitude of the pupils. in order to create a conducive learning environment. . Referring to Stanford (1971). I have taken some actions in order to overcome this problem. 3. Example of question: What is actually happen before 31st August 1957 before the Independence Day? Period of teaching 11 July until 15 July 2011 (One week) Further Action Even though. pupils are actually need teachers’ attention so that they will not fall from the reality of the needs and the importance to learn for their future.2. and not by how many times the pupils reviewing their studies. but still some of the pupils remain unchanged and they are still not paying attention during teaching and learning process. This is because they were seems having an attitude problem that still need to get some attention by giving advice and motivation for them to contribute in class activity. Therefore. I have also use some strengthening techniques by foster students to be positive and to target a goal or purpose of study in order to have self-confidence and for continuous learning. Arousing the pupils’ curiosity by using questioning and answering technique and using the discovery-inquiry methods such as for example giving question about something that they don’t ever knew before. Planning a teaching and learning activities based from their ability and their previous knowledge by relating the basic skill that they already have with the new skill that they are going to learn. Conclusion In conclusion.
Bhd. Puchong: Penerbitan Multimedia Sdn. Kaur. Ragbir (2009).References: Mok Soon Sang (2010). Panduan Ulangkaji Ilmu Pendidikan untuk Kursus Perguruan Lepasan Ijazah (KPLI). Kuala Lumpur: Kumpulan Budiman Sdn. Selangor. Nota Intisari Ilmu Pendidikan: Psikologi Pendidikan . Bhd. .
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?