This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
, (IT) Examinations, January 2006 Distance Education
Time: 3 hrs.] [Max.Marks: 100 Notes: 1. Part -A is compulsory. 2. Answer any FIVE full questions from Part-B PART - A I. Read the following passage and pickout the correct answer out of the given alternatives for the questions. Mark Twain was a great American writer. One day he met a friend at a race course. The friend said “I' ve lost all my money betting on losing horses. Can you buy ticket for me to our place?” Mark Twain told her friend that he had not enough money to buy two tickets and asked him to hide himself under a seat. The friend agreed as he had no other go. Mark Twain went to the booking office and bought two tickets. After some time the train had started and a ticket examiner came around. Mark Twain showed him both the tickets. When the surprised ticket examiner asked Twain where the other passenger was ,he said “He is traveling under the seat. He likes to do strange things”. Questions: 1. The race referred to here is _________ a) horse race b) a motor race c) a running race d) none of these 2. The friend agreed ___________ a) to travel without a ticket b) to buy a ticket for Mark Twain c) to travel finding himself under a seat d) to cheat the ticket examiner 3. The friend had no money on him __________ a) to pay the ticket examiner b) to buy a ticket for the race c) to help his friend Mark Twain
d) to buy a train ticket for himself 4. This incident reveals that Mark Twain __________ a) loves to chat others b) enjoys to see his friends traveling under a seat c) likes to make fun of others d) loves to do strange things 5. The reply of Mark Twain should have __________ a) surprised the ticket examiner b) shocked the ticket examiner c) hurt the feeling of the ticket examiner d) made the ticket examiner angry II. Fill in the blanks with the opposite of the words in italics. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. III. This piece of land is fertile but that is Glass is transparent but iron is This is very vague but that is India wants peace but other nations want John is kind but Tom is 5 X 1=5 Marks 5 X 1=5 Marks
Match A with B to make meaningful sentences: A 1. A style that is too full of words is called 2. That which can’t be read is called 3. One who walks in sleep is called 4. One who is not qualified to apply is called 5. One who talks in sleep is called B challengeable a somalogist Illegible verbose a somabulist 5 X 1=5 Marks
IV. Select the correct word or words and complete the sentence. 1 I think that’ ____________ s thing to say a) a awful 2. b) an awful c) awful
Judy goes to ___________ on the bus a) work b) a work c) the work
Did you learn to play a) violin b) a violin c) the violin
__________ starts at nine O' clock a) school b) a school c) the school
6. a) There are 6 bowlers and 9 batsmen in .a cricket club. In how many ways can a team of 11 be selected so that the team contains atleast 4 bowlers? b) Solve the equations graphically 4x + 3y = 5 and x - 2y = - 7 7. 8. Prove that: Each diagonal divides the parallelogram into two congruent triangles. 5+5 Marks 10 Marks
Find HCF and LCH of the following expressions and hence illustrate that the product of the HCF and LCH of two expressions is equal to the product of the expression. (x + y)2 and (x + y) (x3 - xy + y2)
BSIT-11 First Semester B.Sc., (IT) Examinations, January 2006 Distance Education
PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME - I
Time: 3 hrs.] [Max.Marks: 100 Notes: 1. Part - A - Answer to all questions. Each question carries one mark. 2. Part B - Answer any FIVE full questions. Each full questions carry 15 marks. PART - A Answer all questions. Each question carries one mark. 25 X 1=25 Marks 1. Mention two important weaknesses in you. 2. 3. 4 5. 6. 7. List out your two important qualities among potentials. Identify your two weaknesses on time management List out the qualities of personality Development. List out some of important principles of human engineering in which you are good at. Give two important etiquette pertaining to western dining. State your long-term professional goal.
8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25.
Mention your two strengths, which could win a job for you. Name the title and author of any good book that you have read during the last one month. List out any five important things on which you seriously prepare before an interview. Do you plan your activities for the day? Prepare a “To Do List” for tomorrow. List out three tips for time management. List out any two good deeds that you have done during this week. Give two important principles of human engineering. Mention any four important etiquette of Indian culture. Name any two persons who have impressed you recently. Why? List out two important Qualities needed to be a good team player. Give two qualities for a good personality. Mention any two traits to be successful as an IT-Professional. What is “Woman Management”? Mention two qualities that you need to improve on your Man Management skills. How can you improve your vocabulary? Mention the importance of Communication Skills. What is creativity? What are paragraphs? PART - B Answer any FIVE full questions, each full question carries 15 marks. 5 x 15=75 Marks
1. a) Prepare a brief self-portrait of yourself for a professional career. b) Prepare a concise and comprehensive Bio- Data of yourself for a job.
8 Marks 2. a) Plan out a strategy to make a good impression on your job. 7 Marks
b) Prepare a Time Commitment Plan for the semester (8 + 8 - 16 weeks), to achieve Your goal of acquiring knowledge and good success in your studies. 8 Marks 3. a) What are simple, compound and complex sentences? Give three examples for each of them. 9 Marks b) Write a short note on how to improve vocabulary (200 words). 6 Marks
4.A . a) List out any five self-motivational factors which would gaud you to put in better efforts for your success. 2. 10 Marks b) List out some of the important etiquette pertaining to telephone and cell communication. 5 Marks b) Write down your dreams for yourself for the following: i) As an individual ii) As an IT-Professional iii) As a family member iv) As a member of the society 10 Marks 8. 5 Marks 10 Marks 6.Marks: 100 5 . 5 Marks 7. Take a sample of written English from a newspaper. a) What steps are needed to build a well-knit team? b) List out the traits needed to be successful in the IT-Profession. Analyze the difference between the two. a) How is spoken different written English. [Max. (IT) Examinations.Sc. a) List out the qualities that are required for a Good Personality and list out your positive Qualities as well as your shortcomings which you feel needs improvement. Each full questions carry 15 marks. a) List out your strengths as well your weakness from the point of view of your professional career.Answer to all questions. January 2006 Distance Education COMPUTER FUNDAMENTALS Time: 3 hrs. 10 Marks b) Write a letter to the postmaster complaining against the failure of delivery of one of your registered posts..Answer any FIVE full questions. Part . Part B . 5 Marks ******* BSIT-12 First Semester B.] Notes: 1. magazine or a textbook also take a transcription of a dialogue from any drama or any other source. 5 Marks 5. Each question carries one mark. 10 Marks b) List out your responses to ten typical questions in job interviews.
ATM switches are multipart devices that act either as hubs or routers. 14. Use dual. 13. 20. 5. In sequential access time for all locations is same Floppy disks are popular external storage media used with small computers. 12. Fill up the following: 23. 3. 6.1. Each question carries one mark. Primary storage is generally referred to as RAM.A Answer all questions. 15. 10. PART . 22. 21. 11. What is the difference between router and bridge? 6 . 7.ring topology. Line printers are impact printers. 25. 24. 8. 19. 9. The small storage areas in the storage are called location. Move packets from one medium to another. 16. 25 X 1=25 Marks What is meant by data processing? List the components of the computer. 4. 18. 2. What is meant by Von-Neuman concept? Modem is acronym for _____________ What is the necessity of UPS unit? What is polling? What is multitasking? What is a thread? What are the recent developments in the video display units? What are the main functions of the operating system? What is a port? How printers are classified? SIMM is acronym for What are the drawbacks of magnetic tapes? What is workstation? What is a server? State whether the following statements are True or False 17.
6 Marks 6 Marks 4 Marks 5 Marks 9 Marks 6 Marks 5 Marks b) How are printer classified? Explain the principle of anyone type of Printer. 8. ******* 5 Marks 9 Marks 6 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 6 Marks 5 Marks 4 Marks 7 . 5 x 15=75 Marks 1. compiler and interpreter.PART . each full question carries 15 marks. a) With diagram explain the classification of memory? b) What are the differences between RAM and ROM? 7. a) What are the advantages of network? b) With diagram explain the different types of network topologies. 9 Marks 6 Marks 2. a) What is OS? Explain. 5 Marks c) Mention the functions of printers. a) Explain the capabilities of computer. b) Give the differences between system software and application software. 9 Marks b) What are the limitations of computers? 3. b) What are the advantages and disadvantages of high-level language? 5. a) Explain the elements of multimedia system. c) What is access method? Explain different types of access methods. a) Explain different method of interface techniques. 6. 4. c) Explain how programming languages are classified. a) Write the block diagram of a basic computer system and mention its functions. a) Briefly explain the translator. b) What are the advantages of multimedia communication? c) Give the network requirement. b) List out the various applications of computer.B Answer any FIVE full questions.
Part . 10.Marks: 100 Notes: 1.BSIT-13 First Semester B. 13. 6. Each full questions carry 15 marks. January 2006 Distance Education PROGRAMMING FUNDAMENTALS & C Time: 3 hrs.Sc. Part B . 17. 4.] [Max. 7. 5.Answer any FIVE full questions. 2. 8.A . What does fopen do? What is the difference between writing and appending? How does the file know the end of the file? What is a pointer? Can array be used as pointers? 8 . 18. 16. Each question carries one mark. What is a Flowchart? 2. 3. What is a control structure? List the Special characters of C language. 25 X 1=25 Marks 1. 12. 11. PART . 19.Answer to all questions. What does = = stands for? What a constant? Give the syntax of IF THEN ELSE statement What do mean by loop? Name the logical operators? What is the difference between Do and While statement? What is an Array? What is the key format of matrix multiplication? What is the use of function? Can we call printf ( ) a function? How do you exchange 2 variable values A and B? Define a file. Each question carries one mark.A Answer all questions. 9. (IT) Examinations. 14. 15. 20..
c) Write a function to compute square root of a number. a) Give the differences between FOR loop and WHILE loop. c) Write a program to simulate a calculator. What are the parameter passing mechanisms? What are bit wise operators? What does v indicate? Define preprocessing process. 2.21. 25 . 23. a) What is an algorithm? Explain with example. b) Explain any library functions available in C language. b) Write a program to calculate area of Rectangle. a) Write a program to calculate area of a perimeter of a circle. a) What is an array? Give two examples. 24. 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 6 Marks 5 Marks 4 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks b) Write a program to find largest and smallest sum and average of five numbers. 5 Marks 9 . b) Write a program to determine whether the year is leap year or not. c) Write a program to round off a real number to nearest integer value. a) Write a program to copy of on file to another. 5. 4. 5 x 15=75 Marks 1. each full question carries 15 marks. What is the use of # include statement? PART . 5 Marks b) Write a function to calculate a absolute value. c) Write a program to find the reverse of a number. 5 Marks 3. marks scored in 3 subjects and the result.B Answer any FIVE full questions. a) Give the differences between IF and IF -ELSE statements. 10 Marks 6. age. b) Write a program to find the greatest common divisor. 22. 10 Marks 8. a) What is sorting? Write a program to arrange 10 numbers in ascending order. 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks b) What is a structure? Give a structure to store a students name. a) What is a file? Mention its advantages and disadvantages. 7.
List the components of Programming Environment. 5.Sc. 9.] [Max. 2.A . Each full questions carry 15 marks.Marks: 100 Notes: 1. c) Write function to count number of elements in linked list. 6. 11. 15. Part . What is Bucket Hashing? What is the function of a Loader? What is the Cold Starting of a computer system? 10 . January 2006 Distance Education BASICS OF SYSTEM SOFTWARE Time: 3 hrs. PART . 7. 14.b) Explain briefly the concept of preprocessors.Answer any FIVE full questions. What is EBNF? What is Parser? What is the function of Syntax Directed Translator? Define Top. 4.. What is Linear Search? What is the role of String Pools. Define Symbol Tables. 10. 3.A Answer all questions. What is the role of Location Counter? What do you mean by Lexical Analysis? Define Syntactic Analysis. 16. 8.Answer to all questions. 12. Each question carries one mark. Part B . ******* 5 Marks 5 Marks BSIT-14 First Semester B. 25 X 1=25 Marks 1.Down Parsing. 13. Each question carries one mark. (IT) Examinations. What is an Assembler? 2.? Define Collision Resolution.
23. a) What are the Loader options available for a File operation? b) Explain briefly the functions of Machine Dependent Loader. a) Explain SIC / XE architecture. 20. What is External Reference Relocation? What is Internal Symbol Dictionary? What is the role of Linkage Editors? Describe Overly Linkers. b) What is MASM and TASM? Explain with example. b) Give the differences between CISC and RICS machines. 3. 4. a) Explain the architecture of a Cray 1 model computer.17. b) What is Lexical Analysis? Explain the lexical details in EBNF. 6. 22. Give example for each. PART . 9 Marks 6 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 6 Marks 9 Marks 6 Marks 9 Marks 10 Marks 5 Marks 10 Marks 5 Marks b) Briefly explain the Assembler Directives. 18.B Answer any FIVE full questions. a) What is CPU Scheduling ?explain the various Scheduling algorithms. a) Briefly explain the Parsing technique. 5 x 15=75 Marks 1. b) How memory allocation is done in the OS? 11 . 21. Describe Relocation mechanism? What is Run-Time Relocation? What is Compile-Time Binding? Define Program Linkage? Give difference between Internal names and External names. a) Explain the operations of the following: i) ii) iii) iv) Opcode Symbol table Instruction table Location counter. each full question carries 15 marks. 5. 19. 25. a) Explain the Macro Assembly Directives. 24. b) Give the differences between a Macro and a Subroutine. 7. 2.
CD. 2 Marks 2 Marks 1 Mark 2 Marks 2 Marks 6. 12. 3. Answer to all questions in Part -A. 4. b) What is File System? How it is implemented. Why is the CPU scheduler called a short-term scheduler? [Max. Answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B PART . COPY 4 Marks 12 . 9. Give one advantage and one disadvantage of contiguous file allocation of disk space.] Notes: 1. Draw a flow chart to illustrate stored program concept.Marks: 100 1 Marks 2 Marks 1 Marks What are the conditions under which CPU switches from one process to another? 2 Marks Draw a Gantt chart to show scheduling of processes given below using FCFS scheduling: PI(24 msecs).8. P3(3 msecs)). What is an operating system? 2. P2(3 msecs). 11. ******* 6 Marks 4 Marks 5 Marks BSIT-21 Second Semester B. 10. What is a file? List the operations carried out on files. Explain. 5. 7. January 2006 Distance Education OPERATING SYSTEM Time: 3 hrs. 8. List out the common strategies for contiguous memory allocation. (IT) Examinations. Draw a diagram to illustrate tree-structured directory.Sc. DIR. 2 Marks What information does a system call for an I/O convey? List the common components found in a GUI environment 2 Marks Give examples to illustrate the following commands: MD.A Answer the following: 1. c) Explain the main operations of Device Drivers. a) Explain the principle of Buddy System Storage allocation. 2..
c) Explain RR scheduling algorithm using the following data: P1(10 msecs). 3. Sort. 6. a) What is a Window? List the common elements found in a Window. P5(12 msecs). c) Explain the concept of spooling. 7.PART. Diskcopy. Attrib.65. 8. a) When does a medium term scheduler come into picture? b) List the different criteria to compare scheduling algorithms. a) List the characteristics of DOS. P3(3 msecs). 14. Give two examples each to illustrate the commands. ******* 15 Marks 10 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks 8 Marks 4 Marks 3 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 6 Marks 6 Marks 5 Marks 4 Marks 3 Marks 6 Marks 13 . Explain the following in Windows 98: Menu. 5. 2. a) Explain the different file access methods. 122. 183. 1. Assume a time slice of 5msecs. 37. 67 b) How do we choose a good disk scheduling algorithm? c) Discuss the requirements of Windows based GUI. Recycle bin. Wordpad. B Answer any FIVE full questions. b) Discuss layered approach to file system organization c) Draw a diagram to illustrate indexed allocation of a disk file. a) Draw a graph to show the disk head movements for the following I/O requirements: 98. P2(29 msecs). a) Draw diagrams and briefly explain the concepts of paging and segmentation. 124. 10 Marks b) What is the need for virtual memory? What are its benefits? 4. Chkdsk. a) Explain operating system as a resource manager. b) Explain any five features of Windows-NT. P4(7 msecs). b) What do the following commands in DOS do? Backup. b) Discuss the evolution of present day operating systems.
5. 11. 2. 13. 18. (IT) Examinations. 16. Answer to all questions in Part -A. 21. 3. 7. What is an algorithm? 2. What ate the different of non-primitive data structures? Give example. 14.Sc. What is an Euler Graph? What are dynamic arrays? What is the condition for a queue to be full ? Define binary tree.BSIT-22 Second Semester B. 20.A Answer all questions.] [Max. 12. 9. January 2006 Distance Education DATA STRUCTURES USING C Time: 3 hrs. Define in . Define expression tree. Answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B PART . 15. 8. Each question carries one mark. 14 ..order traversal of a tree. 4. 19. 25 X 1=25 Marks 1. What is meant by prefix expression? What is sorting? Define adjacency matrix.Marks: 100 Notes: 1. 17. How many bytes are reserved for double data type? Define pseudo code. What is a heap? What is recursion? What is a forest? Demonstrate the use of stcmp ( ) library function using a sample program. In ‘C’ which data structure is suitable for representing homogeneous data types? What is the significance of the declaration statement? int* ptr .
8 Marks 7 Marks 3. 5 Marks 7. 15 Marks Write C functions to implement the following in singly linked list. 2. What is its time complexity? 15 Marks Explain concept of tree.B 5 X 15=75 Marks 1. i) To add a node after a specified node. What are the three different parts of a node in a DLL? What is polish notation? What is a Sparse Matrix? What are the different storage classes in Q ? PART. What are the linear and binary search methods? Explain primary search method in detail. 23. a) Develop an algorithm to convert infix expression into its equivalent postifix expression. 5 Marks 8. Write short notes on the following: i) Threaded in Binary Tree ii) Circularly Linked List iii) Polynomial Addition 5 x 3=15 Marks ******* 15 . 24. 7 Marks 8 Marks 4. a) Explain DFS with an example.22. Explain one of them. What is a stack? Explain the basic operations that can be performed on a stack and list any two applications of stack. 15 Marks 10 Marks 6. ii) Multiplication of two Sparse Matrices. 10 Marks b) What is queue? What are the basic operations performed on queue. Write a note on the types and different operations on trees. Write an algorithm/pseudo code for the following: i) Adding two Sparse Matrices. b) Differentiate between Depth First Search and Breadth First Search. 5. ii) To delete a specific node from the list.
. What is communication system? What is a signal. 1.Sc. 3. 9. January 2006 Distance Education DATA COMMUNICATION Time: 3 hrs.BSIT-23 Second Semester B. (IT) Examinations. What is a continuous signal ? Give the difference between digital signal and discrete signal. 2. What is a channel ? What is a MODEM? What are the functions of protocol? State Nyquist sampling theorem? What are CRC and FCS ? Ethernet is designed based on IEEE __________ standard.B Answer to any FIVE questions. 5. Explain with block diagram.] Notes: 1. Answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B PART . PART. 5 X 15=75 Marks [Max. a) Discuss the” different components of a communication system? Explain the various tasks performed by a communication system? 8 Marks b) List out the categories in which the communication networks are classified and briefly discuss one network under each category. a) What is a protocol? What are the elements of a protocol? List some of the protocols used in data link layer? 8 Marks 16 . What is guided transmission media? Define ARQ. 8. 2. 11. 7.Marks: 100 25 X 1=25 Marks 1 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 1 Marks 2 Marks 1 Marks 1.A Answer to all questions. 12. 13. Answer to all questions in Part -A. TCP/IP and OSI reference architectures? 8+7 Marks 3. 4. 14. 7 Marks 2.
What is DBMS? 2.A Answer to all questions.] Notes: 1. a) Discuss Shannon channel capacity and line coding? b) Discuss the characteristics of transmission media.b) Explain the functions of TCP /IP protocol. a) Discuss the MAC frame format and explain their functions. b) Discuss switched networks and broadcast networks. 2. 8.. 4. 7 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 6. January 2006 Distance Education BASICS OF DBMS Time: 3 hrs. Answer to all questions in Part -A. Mention the classification of Data. 5. 5.Sc. Answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B PART . a) What is flow control? Why it is required? Explain.Marks: 100 25 X 1=25 Marks 5 X 14=25 Marks 25 Marks 17 . b) What is circuit switching? Explain the cross bar switch. 3. (IT) Examinations. 4. Mention the main difference between data and information. 5 Marks b) What are the functions of ARQ ? Explain the following: i) Stop and wait ARQ ii) Go back N ARQ iii) Selective reject ARQ 7. a) What are the functions of data link layer? Explain error detection with CRC. ASCII stands for Define the term field. ******* 10 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks BSIT-24 Second Semester B. a) What is multiplexing? Discuss the different multiplexing techniques. 1. [Max. b) What is a LAN? Explain the CSMA / CD algorithm.
18. b) Explain briefly the tasks handled by the DBMS package. 2. 16. Answer any FIVE questions. 22. a) Explain clearly the advantages of database system. What is data encryption? List out various issues of security. 1. 7. 25. What is ER diagram? What do you mean by primary key? List out the properties of relational model. 5 X 15=75 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 10 Marks 18 . What is meant by collision resolution technique? Record is a collection of ___________ The tool used to create a query in design view is called ___________ Forms and queries present the data on ____________ PART . 14. 12. b) What is flat file? Explain. List out the components of database system. What is data model? Give disadvantages of file processing system. a) Explain how the data is represented. 24. 11. 19. 21. Define attitude. c) Explain briefly the disadvantages of file-oriented systems. 8.6. What is data dependency? What is the role of DBA? What do you mean by record? What is sequential file ? Define Hashing technique. 15. a) Explain the information and data with examples. Define network model. 13. 10. 23. 3. c) How data can be classified? Explain with examples. b) Explain in detail the architecture of database systems. Define entity. 9.B III. 17. 20.
a) Explain briefly database system development life cycle. c) Describe the components of DBMS. a) Explain clearly the role of database administrator. ******* 5 Marks 3 Marks BSIT-BC Third Semester B. (IT) Examinations. Time: 3 hrs. 7 Marks 8.I I. 6. Answer any Five full questions from Part-I of Part -A.Access. c) What are primary and secondary indexes? Explain. a) What problems are associated with sequential files? Explain. 4. 5.A PART . 7 Marks b) What is meant by database security? Why it is needed? Explain its issues.Marks: 100 Notes: 1. Define sorting. 5X1=5 Marks 1. Name anyone high level language.4. January 2006 Distance Education BRIDGE COURSE [Max. 2. b) Explain briefly the three important data models. give atleast two examples for each type. a) What do you mean by data independency? Explain briefly its types. Name the symbol used in the flowchart for the decision making.B PART . c) Explain briefly the features of MS. Answer any Fifteen questions from Part . b) Explain briefly the objectives of DBMS. 5. 8 Marks b) List out different types of attributes. Each car has associated with it zero or any number of recorded accidents.] 19 . 2. a) Construct an E-R diagram for a car-insurance company that has a self of customers. each of whom owns one or more cars. Give example for primitive data structure. 10 Marks 7. Give example for integer datatype.Sc. 3. Answer any FIVE questions.. 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks b) Explain the organisation of a direct file and give their disadvantages and advantages.
1. Explain the working principle of FOR loop with example. explain the declaration of 1 dimensional and 2 -dimensional array in C language. PART . Define bandwidth. 6. 5. 5. 10. Name the different control structures in ‘c’ language. 7. Define protocol. 10. What are the advantages and disadvantages of pointers? 20 . Give the different applications for Doubly linked list. What is recursion? Give example. What is linked list? Define pointer. 3. 4. 8. 9. 2. Define assembler. Give the data communication model. 1.B 10X2=20 Marks I. 15X5=75 Marks With suitable example.II II. Explain the working principle of WHILE loop with example. 3. 8. Name the different basic symbols used in the flowchart. 9. Give the difference between assembly language and highlevel language. Write a flowchart to find a biggest number among two numbers. What is an array? Name the different parameter passing schemes in C language. What are variables? Give example. Answer any 15 questions. 2. 8. Describe modulation. 11. Write a function for PUSH operation in STACK. What is meant by token? Define Abstract data type. 12. 4. Give an application of stack. PART . Answer any TEN questions. 7. 6. What rules are to be followed for framing the variables? What is the use of scanf( ) and printf( ) functions? Give example.6. 9. 7.
15. Explain multiplexing schemes and give its applications. 18. Explain how to evaluate the polynomials using linked list. 3. 2 Marks Name the title and author and publication of any book that you have read during the last one-month. ******* BSIT-31 Third Semester B.] Notes: 1.Marks: 100 25 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 1 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 1 Marks List out any five important things on which you seriously prepare before an interview. All questions carry equal marks. 13.. (IT) Examinations. What is circuit switching? And what are its advantages. 2.10. 5. 17. List out the things you would carry to a job interview.by value parameter method. PART . 1.II Time: 3 hrs. 1 Marks 21 . 11. Explain one way chain and two way chain. How do you manage your time off the college work? [Max. What are your special abilities? State your long term professional goal. Explain how to implement queues. 8. 2. explain call. 12. What is a stack? What are the basic operations performed on the stack. 7.A Answer to all questions. 4. 14.Sc. 16. Answer any FIVE questions. Define data structure and give its classification. 1 Marks List out any two good deeds that you have done during this week. With suitable example. Mention two important weaknesses in you. What is a list? Give its applications. 6. Prepare a brief self-portrait of yourself for a Professional career. January 2006 Distance Education PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME . 9.
B 1 Marks Answer any FIVE questions out of the following. List out five tips for time management. a) List out the qualities that are required for a good personality b) List out tips for Stress Management during job interviews. b) Write in detail the preparation strategy for success in the interview. 8 Marks 7 Marks 10 Marks b) How do you motivate and change people to your view point and activity without any resentment. Why? Prepare a “To Do List” for tomorrow. 13. 19. 12. 5 Marks 3. a) List the important strength in you. Mention any four important etiquette of cell phone usage. c) Prepare a self-improvement plan for yourself. Mention at least four important principals of Human Engineering. 8 Marks b) Prepare a time commitment plan for the next semester period in two modules of 16 weeks of time in a semester. 11. a) Prepare a time log of how you are utilizing your time for a week. 7 Marks 4. 75 Marks 4 Marks 3 Marks 8 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks c) Write down any five commonly asked questions in an interview and briefly indicate your responses to the same. 1 Marks 16 17. Mention any two traits to be successful as an IT-Professional. 14. b) List out your short term professional goals.10. 1. 18. What is your main aim in your life. Summarize your reflections for the same. Give action plan. Name anyone person who has impressed you recently. a) Human Management and briefly elaborate on each point. 1 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks What is the difference between ‘Man Management’ and Woman Management? 2 Marks 20. 5. 2. 1 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks Mention two qualities that you need to improve on your Man Management skills. PART . a) Give example. List out any four qualities to be a good team player. 15. 5 Marks 22 . Name any four qualities for a good personality.
. a) Identify five things.Marks: 100 23 . 4. 2. [Max. 1 X 25=25 Marks 1. 10 Marks b) What is reading? What are the different kinds of reading? ******* 5 Marks BSIT-32 Third Semester B. 5.Sc. January 2006 Distance Education RDBMS Time: 3 hrs. 5 Marks c) Write a dialogue between you and your friend regarding a class picnic. All questions carry equal marks. 5 Marks 8. 2. A query language is required for the user to __________ with the database. 3. each carries one mark. 5 Marks b) List out some of the important dos and don’ts in dining etiquette to be followed with guests. which you are using at home or office. What is the difference between procedural and non-procedural language? What is a relation? What is an Union compatibility? The division operation is suitable for queries that include the phrase _________. What is normal form? Give example. The predicate __________ tests for the absence of NULL values. 7. a) What is the role played by body gestures in communication? Discuss a few undesirable body gestures. Mention why you need it. a) Briefly write about the importance of team building in any organization.6.A Answer to all questions. 5 Marks b) What qualities in you need improvement to be a team person? How do you propose to modify them? 10 Marks 7. Answer any FIVE questions. 6.] Notes: 1. (IT) Examinations. PART .
17. 20. Give example. 18. 24. a) What is an unnormalized relation? Explain the problems associated with an Unnormalized relation. What is meant by an instance? How do you give schema definition in SQL? What is the necessity of embedded SQL? What is the significance of group by clause? What is set comparison? What is the difference between procedure and function? ORACLE is a _________ database. second and third normal form with example. 14. 16. Video and programs can be included in ____________ documents A search tool is a computer program that performs Video on demand uses ____________ databases. 10 Marks 10 Marks 5 Marks 10 Marks 5 Marks 7 Marks 24 . b) Differentiate between Trace files and Alert log. 10 Marks 5 Marks 2. 5 X 15=75 Marks 1. 5 Marks b) Explain the first. ________ is a short form used for Server Process. What is the need of Redo log buffer? What is the importance of RECO Background process? The data stored in cursor are called ___________ The technique to access the remote database by the user is called Audio. 22. a) Explain briefly the fundamental relational algebra operations with examples. 9. 5. a) Explain briefly the elements that are internal to database with example. 10. b) What is the meaning of composition of relational operations? Give examples. B Answer any FIVE questions. a) Explain the different types of exceptions. 25. In the first normal form all columns must be. 19. 11. 23. a) Explain PL / SQL default data types. What is GIS? What is Genome database? PART. 21. 12. 13. 4.8. 3. 15. b) Explain the string operators in PL / SQL and Give examples. each carries 15 marks.
] Notes: 1. 8. 6.Sc.) 15X5=75 Marks 1. a) Explain the different data types supported in C++.. Answer any FIVE questions. Explain the constructor in C++. a) What is mobile database? Explain the mobile computing Architecture. 5. 3. What is inheritance.b) What is binding? Explain different types of binding. 4. (IT) Examinations.A 1. a) Explain the various components of ODBC. b) Give the differences between two tier and three-tier database design. 7. Write a C++ program to find a biggest among 3 numbers. January 2006 Distance Education OOPS WITH C ++ Time: 3 hrs. b) What is Multimedia database? Explain the types of Multimedia data. 2. 2. Answer any FIVE questions. 8 Marks 5 X 5=25 Marks [Max. 6. ******* 8 Marks 10 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 8 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks BSIT-33 Third Semester B. (All questions carry equal marks. With example explain operator overloading principle of C++ . 7 Marks 25 . PART . PART . b) What is CGI? Explain its process structure. With a suitable example. a) What is HTML? Explain with the help of example code.Marks: 100 b) State the rules to be followed for naming the variables? Differentiate constant and volatile qualifiers. with a classification chart. What is polymorphism? Give example. All questions carry equal marks.B Answer any FIVE questions. Define object and class with a suitable example. Give the different inheritance techniques of C++.
union types and enumerated types. Explain copy constructors. a) Explain the memory representation of arrays. 6 Marks b) What is a storage class? Explain the different storages classes. a) List the pros and cons of structure data types. a) Compare and contrast dynamic memory allocation in C++ and ANSI-C. Marks 4 4 6. 3 Marks 5. 6 Marks b) Write a C++ program to find the type of a triangle by reading three sides of a triangle. c) Explain encapsulation and polymorphism with examples. default constructors and destructors. 7 Marks 3. Explain the different access privileges. without repetition of the sequence between program runs. 8 Marks b) Explain public. Give the precedence and associativity of different operators in C++. Marks c) Discuss the different parameter passing mechanisms in C++. 7 Marks ******* 26 . a) Write a C++ program to generate 10 random numbers between 10 and 55 inclusive. 8 Marks b) Define a pointer variable and bring out the concepts of pointer with suitable examples. 4 Marks 5 Marks 8 Marks b) What are the characteristics of constructors. 6 Marks c) Enlist the key differences between if . 7 Marks 8. a) Explain the mechanics and rules of operator overloading. a) Write a C++ program to accept n numbers from the user and print the second largest and smallest number in the list. a) Explain the need and usage of friend functions in C++.else construct and switch construct. private and protected derivations. 7 Marks b) Enumerate the need for functions in C++. 7 Marks 4. Give the mechanisms for assigning the values to an array and accessing the array elements. 8 Marks b) Explain the different bitwise operators supported in C++. 7.2.
7. 12. 4. (IT) Examinations. 19.] [Max. 3. UDP receives data unit from the ________ layer. 11. 6. Answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B PART .BSIT-34 Third Semester B. Flow control is achieved through the use of ___________ window mechanism. UDP offers _________ to ___________data communication.Marks: 100 Notes: 1.A Answer to all questions. Why fragmentation is required in IP datagram? The two types of routing are __________ routing and __________ routing. 2. UDP has the fixed header size of ____________ bytes. 10. Answer to all questions in Part -A. 14. Each carries ONE mark 1 X 25=25 Marks 1. 16. 27 . 5. The ___________ layer is responsible for delivering data frames from one station to next without error.. What is process-to-process communication? In the sending system. What is an IP address? What is a subnet? What are private networks? What is ARP mechanism? Define broadcast addressing. 8 9. January 2006 Distance Education COMPUTER NETWORKS Time: 3 hrs. What is a Peer-to-Peer process? 2. 18. 13.Sc. 17. 15. The IP datagram header has the IP addresses of ________ and _________ systems. The layers not present in TCP / IP model are ________ and _________ . A device having more than one IP address is known as _________ device. OSI has __________ The layers. TCP / IP has ___________ layers.
Acknowledgment number. b) Write a brief description about the data connection used inFTP. Checksum. 5 Marks 10 Marks 10 Marks b) Write a brief note on RARP. a) What is connectionless-iterative server? Using a diagram explain the same. FTP is used to transfer ___________ from one host to another. The number of connections required for FTP operation is ___________. 25. PART . 24. Explain the fields. b) Write a short note on importance of TCP. 5 Marks ******* 28 . 5 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks c) Briefly explain the steps involved in storing an image file into the server from client side. 9 Marks 5. 5 x 15=75 Marks 1. 5 Marks 2. 4. a) Briefly explain the OSI architecture? b) What are the functions of network layer? Explain. Window size and Urgent pointer. Explain any two of them. In TCP. 10 Marks b) Explain the concept of Multiplexing and Demultiplexing in TCP.20. protocol. a __________is established between the sending and receiving process. 23. 5 Marks 5 Marks c) Explain the functionalities and the services offered by the transport layer of the OSI model.B Answer any FIVE full questions. a) Write a diagram of TCP header. 7. a) What are the error reporting messages present in the ICMP. each carries 15 marks. a) What are the types of routing tables? Explain briefly. What is Server-Client model? Define a Process. Give diagram. Sequence number. a) Describe how checksum is calculated for the UDP diagram. b) Explain the TCP / IP architecture. a) Differentiate between the Session layer and presentation layer. 21. 22. In TCP / IP the two communicating process can be best described using the a ________ model. Explain the fields Service Type. b) Write the IP header diagram. Source IP address and Destination IP address. 5 Marks 6 Marks 3. 10 Marks 5 Marks 6. before sending data.
Stocks works on the strategy of “Last . 8. January 2006 Distance Education ALGORITHMS Time: 3 hrs.out (True/False) Tree is a ____________ data structure. 3X4=12 Marks 14. What is the limitation of linear queue? How do you overcome using circular queue? [Max. 16.in First . 9. (IT) Examinations.A I. Define algorithm ?What are its properties? What are its advantages? Define stack? How do you represent a stack? Mention its applications. A tree with n vertices has __________ edges. Answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B PART . Array is a ___________ data structure: Circular queue is a “First .in First . 15. 1.Sc.out data structure (True/False) A binary tree of depth L has atmost _____________ number of nodes. Answer the following: ___________ is a technique of defining a process by itself. 13. 17.Marks: 100 1 X 13=13 Marks 29 . 3. Part -A is compulsory 2.. 10.] Notes: 1. One of the properties of an algorithm is ‘structured’ (True/False) Algorithm + ____________ = Programme. 4. 5. What is recession? What is the difference between recursion and iteration? What are its merits and demerits. 2. 12. 6. The percentage of memory wastage in linked representation of binary tree is __________ A tree is a ____________ groups without any Data structure used by recessive algorithm is ___________ Inorder traversal of an expression binary tree gives _________ expression. 7. 11.BSIT-41 Fourth Semester B.
7 Marks 3. preorder and postorder. 8 Marks b) What is binary tree? What are the properties of a binary tree? Mention its applications. b) Design an algorithm to show the different operations on a stack. 10 Marks b) Write a recursive algorithm to find the GCD of two numbers. 1. 8 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks b) Design an algorithms to sent n numbers using insertion sort technique and trace the algorithm with an example. a) Design two different algorithms to check if a given number is prime. 8.PART . 7 Marks 6. a) Design an algorithm to check whether the given graph is connected from the adjency matrix. 15 Marks Design recursive algorithms to traverse a binary tree represented in linked lists in inorder. And hand simulate your algorithms with an example. 2. a) Write an algorithm to sort list of elements using quick sort and hand simulate on a data set of atleast 9-elements. Design the recursive algorithm to sort a list of elements using Mergesert and hand simulate on a data set of atleast 9 elements. 15 Marks Write short notes on : a) Incidency matrix b) Circular queue and its applications c) Linked lists and its representation. a) Design an iterative and recursive algorithms to find a factorial of a number. 7. 5 Marks 4.B Answer the FIVE full questions. a) Design an iterative and recursive algorithms to search for an element using binary search. 7 Marks 5. 8 Marks b) Design an algorithm in iteration and recursion to find minimum and maximum elements in an nelements. ******* 5X3=15 Marks 30 .
b > > > 2 = . x = (x > y) ? (y + x). Which of the following is correct? int a = 16. January 2006 Distance Education JAVA PROGRAMMING Time: 3 hrs.4 c) int a = 16. int x = 10. m = 10.A I. n = 16 d) x = 27. (y . [Max. a) True b) False 2. n = 15 c) x = 26.] Notes: 1. a > > > 2 = 4 b) int b = 8. x=++m+n++.Sc. Consider the following statements. Answer to all questions and each question carries 1 marks 1. n = 16 5.BSIT-42 Fourth Semester B. and n after execution of the following statements? int x. n = 15 b) x = 27. u = 15. n.Marks: 100 1 X 25=25 Marks Java program file must match with the name of the class with the extension Java. b > > . Part -A is compulsory and answer. m. m. 2. What will be result of the expression 13 & 25 ? a)38 b)25 c)9 d) d)12 3. m = 11.x).4 4. What will be the value of x after executing these statements? a)10 b)25 c)15 d) d)5 31 . What will be the values of x.. m = 10. a) x = 25. y = 15. m = 11. Answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B PART . a > > 2 = 4 b) int b = 8. (IT) Examinations. m = 10. a > > 2 = 4 a) int a = 16.
The constructor should in public section a) True b) False 16.printin (“Number is positive”).printin (“Number is positive”). A variable declared inside the for loop control cannot be referenced outside the loop a) True b) False 12. a) True b) False 14. The operator for exponentiation is a) * * b) v c) % d) Not available 32 . The name of the constructor should same as its class name a) True b) False 15. a) True b) False 8. Consider the following code If (number >= 0) If (number >= 0) System. a) True b) False 11.6. The default case is always required in the switch selection structure. out. a) True b) False 9. a) True b) False 13. Java always provides a default constructor to a class. In the expression (X = = &&a < b) the Boolean expression x = = y is evaluated first and then x < b is evaluated. a) True b) False 10. The default case is always required in the switch selection structure. What will be output if number is equal to 0 ? a) Number is negative b) Number is positive c) Both A and B d) None of the above 7. out. Declarations can appear anywhere in the body of a Java method. System. The modulus operator (%) can be used only with integer operands.
a[i] = + + i + +. a) True b) False 23.7]. I + +) for (J = 30. Which of the following is not the keyword a) switch b) default c) bolean d) d) integer 33 . Local variables can store by compiler a) in register or heap b) in register or stack c) in stack or heap d) global memory 22.5. J <= 20 . b = 10 and c = 7. int a =5. A method declared as static cannot access non-static class members a) True b) False 24.17. I < = 20 . i+ = 2) System out println (“Hi/n). What is the output after executing the following statements: int a = [4.6. What will be the return value above statement after its execution? a) 7 b) 5 c) 10 d) 12 21. i = 0. a) 4 b) 5 c) 6 d) 7 19. A 20 B 100 C 200 D 40 20. a) 10 b) 2 c) infinite d) Non 18. (a> c) ? a : ((b > c)? : b : c). How many times does the loop iterated? for (I = 10. We can overload methods with differences only in their return type. Consider the following statements. J + +) System out printl (“Hi In ‘ ) . How many times does the loop iterated? for(i = 0. i = 10.
Oriented Programming b) Objects and Classes c) Inheritance and Polymorphism d) Dynamic binding and message passing 2. 1. Write short notes on : 34 . 7 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 6. a) What is a constructor? What are its special properties? What are the different types of constructors? Explain with an example. a) What are the objects? How are they created using classes? How do you assign values to data members of class? Explain with an example. Data abstraction of Data binding. 6 Marks 9 Marks b) What is an array? How elements are stored in a memory? Explain how do you create array of objects? 6 Marks 8. b) Write a Java programme to create a thread by extending the thread class. a) What is function overloading? Illustrate the same with example. 8 Marks b) Write a Java programme to find sum of even and odd numbers in the given array. Explain following statements with their syntax: C. Distinguish between the following: a) Object-Oriented and Procedure . Which of the statement will produce a value 10 if x = 9. a) Write a Java programm to implement recursive binary search.25.7 a) round (x) b) abs (x) c) ceil (x) d) None of the above 5 X 15=75 Marks II. a) while and for loop b) if _else and switch c) go to and continue d) while_do and do.while 15 Marks 15 Marks 3. 5 Marks c) Explain the Bit-wise operators available in JAVA with an example to each. 9 Marks b) Write a Java programme to sort a list of numbers. 5. Answer any FIVE full questions. 7. a) Why JAVA known as platform-neutral language ? How JAVA is more secured than other language? 5 Marks b) What is typecasting? Why is it required in programming? Explain with an example. 5 Marks 4.
/progs/xl. 7.. 6. 3. What did following characters signifies as first character in output of ls . 11. Give the commands to accept and refuse messages.A I.Sc. January 2006 Distance Education UNIX & SHELL PROGRAMMING Time: 3 hrs.file and type. Name the persons who first developed UNIX Operating System. What did /dev/tty and /dev/null represents. What is PATH variable? What is its use.] Notes: 1. 1. d. Name three modes of vi editor. 4. 9. What is long form of POSIX.Marks: 100 12 .1 command. 2. 4 Marks 1 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 2 Marks [Max. How you do the following in Job control 35 .a) Execution of Java programme b) JVM c) OOP Lanjunges ******* 5 X 3=15 Marks BSIT-43 Fourth Semester B. Answer to all questions. Give a command to display only the running processes. c 10. Mention the use of commands . 8. What is topmost directory called in UNIX? How is it represented? Identify the relative and absolute path names in the following a) . b. -. (IT) Examinations. Part -A is compulsory and answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B PART ..c b) /usr/bin/ls 5.
Explain the process of changing file permissions relatively and absolutely. 8 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks b) What is Shell programming? What is significance of shell programming? Write a shell program to display list of users logined to the system. 2. a) What are three different modes of vi editor? Explain those. 8 Marks b) What are standard input.l command. 15 X 5=75 Marks 4 Marks With a neat diagram explain different layers of UNIX operating system? Also explain interaction between shell and kernel using any suitable command. a) What are wild cards? Explain their usage in pattern matching. 15 Marks Explain the following commands with all possible options. standard output and standard error? Give a command to redirect standard error to working terminal and no where. 4. 7 Marks 7. a) Explain the output of ls . a) script b) passwd c) who d) tput e) lock 15 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks 3. b) Explain the mechanism of executing job periodically using cron. a) Explain the command grep with any four different options. What is a process? Explain the mechanism of process creation in UNIX. 7 Marks ******* 36 .B II. 7 Marks 5.a) Running process in Background b) Stopping process executing in foreground c) Taking stopped job to background d) Bringing background job to foreground PART . a) With a neat diagram explain the organization of UNIX file system. Answer any FIVE full questions. 8. b) Give the command to change the file permissions. 8 Marks b) List 10 commands and their usage that transit vi editor from command mode to input mode. b) What are soft links and hard links? Explain the commands to create them. 7 Marks 6. 1.
In waterfall model. a) What is software? Why is it difficult to develop quality software ? List out the important characteristics of software. PART . the phases in the software development are organized in _________ The _________ method is also known as the iterative enhancement model. 8. 2. January 2006 Distance Education SOFTWARE ENGINEERING Time: 3 hrs. 4. What is a data dictionary? Why do you need data dictionary? What is SRS ? Why do you need SRS? When do you say SRS is traceable? What is a baseline? Give two examples of baseline. What is prototyping ? Explain its significance. Each question carries 10 mark. Answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B and each question carries 10 marks. Answer the following questions. Answer the FIVE full questions. 15 X 5=75 Marks 1. 4. 10. An external entity is represented using __________ in a DFD. PART . Answer the following questions. The impart metrics used during testing is _____________ __________ risks threaten the quality and timeliness of the s/w to be built. 7. 1. 3. 1 X 10=10 Marks 1. 3X5=15 Marks What is software engineering? Briefly explain different phases of software engineering process.BSIT-44 Fourth Semester B. 6. 9. the modules in the design represent ___________ The weakest coupling that is most desirable is __________ PDL stands for ________ _________ helps to view the source code.B III.. 5.A I. (IT) Examinations.Sc. In object-oriented design. 3. II. 8 Marks 37 . 5. Software is a process and __________ 2. Part-A is compulsory and carries 25 marks 2. Each question carries 1 mark. Each question carries 3 mark.Marks: 100 Notes: 1.] [Max.
Discuss Mccall’s software quality factors? ******* 15 Marks 15 Marks BSIT-51 Fifth Semester B. Answer any FIVE questions. 8. 3. 3. 4.Sc. 4. 5. List the different features of graphic mode of “C” programming language What is Photoshop. 7. What are the limitations of waterfall model? Explain the Boehm Spiral model. List the different selection tools of Photoshop. 1. 2. All questions carry equal marks. January 2006 Distance Education COMPUTER GRAPHICS & MULTIMEDIA Time: 3 hrs. 7 Marks 38 . 5. 2. PART . PART .] Notes: 1.Marks: 100 5 X 5=25 Marks 1. Define the term Interactive Computer Graphics and give its applications Differentiate Raster and Random Scanning technique.box testing.. 15 X 5=75 Marks [Max. 7 Marks 15 Marks 15 Marks 15 Marks 15 Marks What is software testing? Why is it very important? Bring out the differences between white. Explain the software design principles. 15 Marks What are cart drivers? How are they applicable in COCOMO? Explain. Explain the different hardware’s required for Graphics programming 8 Marks b) Explain how different Programming languages supports for Graphics programming. What is cohesion and coupling? Explain different cohesion and coupling.b) What is software reusability? What are its advantages? 2. What is digital Imaging.box and block . 6. Explain the necessary design steps for transaction mapping. (IT) Examinations. List the choices for digital imaging.A Answer to all questions.B Answer any FIVE full questions. a) Why we need Computer Graphics.
8. January 2006 Distance Education WEB PROGRAMMING Time: 3 hrs. b) What is Multimedia. b) Name and explain the different kinds of film less cameras available in the market. a) With a suitable example explain Morphing technology. a) With the help of a diagram explain the working principle of CRT..] Notes: 1. 1.A Answer to all questions. 2. 7. 2. 5. Answer to all questions in Part -A. b) With the help of a diagram explain the working principle of DVST system. c) Explain the meaning of cropping an image. List the different animation techniques. c) What is animation. a) Write a C program to draw a fish structure. 3. What is the difference between internet and intranet. 4 Marks 39 . Give the development of Multimedia technology. 4. (IT) Examinations. b) List and explain any four Graphic Functions of ‘c’ Language. a) Explain the significance of file extension and give example.Marks: 100 2 Marks Explain the two main ways that HTTP protocol to send information to a web server.Sc. b) Compare RGB and CMY color models. a) Explain the getimage ( ) and put image ( ) functions with a suitable example. [Max. 6. b) Explain the editing tools of Photoshop software. a) Explain the rubber stamp tool of Photoshop Software. Answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B PART .2. Write a short notes on i) Layering in Photoshop ii) Hard copy devices ******* 8 Marks 7 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 4 Marks 7 Marks 4 Marks 7 Marks 4 Marks 4 Marks 7 Marks 4 Marks BSIT-52 Fifth Semester B.
7. 6. b) How to create a “menu” using Java Script. 9 Marks 6 Marks 10 Marks 5 Marks 10 Marks 5 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks 9 Marks b) Write a Java Servlet program using HTML to show all the parameter names that were sent and puts them in table. 5. Differentiate between Java & Java scripts.B Answer any FIVE questions 4 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 3 Marks 3 Marks 2 Marks 3 Marks 1. 6. a) Explain the role of deployment descriptors. 4. 6 Marks 8. 2. a) What is CGI ? Give example of CGI applications and explain anyone of them. b) In brief explain two types of PEARL variables. 8. a) What is SSL ? Why do you require SSL ? b) What are the different ways of tracking users? ******* 8 Marks 7 Marks 40 . 9. PART . a) Explain any two formatting tags with syntax. b) Explain in brief the building block of web. 3. a) What is JSp ? How is it different from CGI programming? b) Explain JSP error handling. a) Explain servlet life cycle. a) Explain HTML form. 4. b) Explain the difference between web server and application server. What are the advantages of using servlets.3. What is a web server. 5. b) Write a HTML program to insert a selection list in a form. How are JSPs better than servlets. 7. What are cookies? And why are cookies used for? What is XML ? Give the XML document. Explain the tugs that use to design tables. a) Explain briefly about cascading style sheets.
17. 1.BSIT-53 Fifth Semester B. What are the different system management tools used for datawarehouse? Write any four events.Scaled variables? Which coding is the heart ‘of the knowledge discovery process? Which coupling in data mining system smoothly integrates DB / DW system? What is Arching? [Max. Differentiate between supervised and unsupervised learning. 2. List the data mining primitives. Answer to all questions in Part -A. 13. (IT) Examinations. 5. Answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B PART . 8.] Notes: 1.Marks: 100 1 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 2 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 2 Marks 1 Marks 2 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 1 Marks 41 . What is meant by normalization of data? List the 3 layers that feed forward neural network contains. What is the role of indexing? Give any four reasons for datamarting. 11. What are Ordinal. 4. 18. January 2006 Distance Education DATA WAREHOUSING AND DATA MINING Time: 3 hrs. 16. 19. What is the use of metadata in the query manager. 6. 10. 7. 9. 14. What is query redirection? Differentiate between facts and dimensions. What is dataware house? 2. What is relation? What is datamart ? What is data loading process. 12. 15. 20. 3..Sc. Name the two methods of vertical splitting. Ratio .A Answer to all questions.
PART .Marks: 100 1 Marks 2 Marks 1 Marks 2 Marks 42 . Answer any FIVE full questions in Part-B PART . 7. Explain the issues in data mining.Sc. With a neat diagram explain data warehouse delivery method. Define aggregation. 2.B Answer any FIVE full questions. 4. 8.Flake Schema..] Notes: 1. a) What are the guidelines for KDD environment. Explain steps required to design summary table. 1. a) What is Star-Flake Schema? Explain how to design Star . Answer to all questions in Part -A. 15 Marks 10 Marks 5 Marks 5 Marks 10 Marks 15 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 15 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 2. January 2006 Distance Education QUALITY & TESTING Time: 3 hrs. b) What are the steps to be follow to identify the facts and the dimensions. [Max.A Answer to all questions. a) Explain horizontal partitioning. b) Explain data mining for financial data analysis. b) Briefly explain the system management tools. explain how it works. What is testing? 2. 4. What are the hurdles in testing? What is block box testing? What do you mean by the term software quality assurance. 6. 3. 5. 1. b) Explain multi dimensional schemas. ******* BSIT-54 Fifth Semester B. (IT) Examinations. 3. a) Write the structure of boundaries of process manager. a) What are the requirements for clustering? b) How the Naive Bayesian classification works.
localization testing c) Software quality metrics. 12. 4. Explain the difference between code waste through. b) Explain in detail validation method of testing software systems. Explain Alpha and Beta testing. 9 Marks 5. In what way white box testing helps. ******* 8 Marks 7 Marks 6 Marks 9 Marks 8 Marks 7 Marks 6 Marks 4 Marks 5 Marks 43 . a) Explain any five types of software testing: b) What are quality concepts and quality of conformance. 8. 7. 3. b) Explain control structure testing. 6. Explain the need for inspection. b) Explain integration testing? Explain any one method to carry out integration testing. Write short notes on : a) Cyclomatic complexity b) Smoke testing. 6. What are the steps involved for test case design. 7. 8. PART . a) With figure explain the strategy for software testing and software testing steps.5. 10 Marks 5 Marks 10 Marks 5 Marks 6 Marks b) Explain equivalence partitioning and boundary value analysis with example. What is the measure of reliability. a) Prepare a checklist to be followed while inspection. a) Explain graph matrices with an example. What are the two phases the documentation testing can be approached. 10. b) What are the main objectives of Formal technical reviews (FRI).B Answer any FIVE full questions. Explain the difference between verification and validation. a) Why do we need to test the software? 6 Marks 9 Marks b) Explain the origin of the deject distribution in a typical software development life cycle. 9. 13. List the prons and cons of each method. a) Write a note on test automation? List few automation tools used for testing. a) Explain defect amplification model. What is regression testing? Explain in brief. 2. 11. 1 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 3 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 2 Marks 3 Marks 2 Marks 1.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.