This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Some of the top-tier ERP vendors are SAPAG, BAAN, PeopleSoft, Oracle Application and J.D.Edwards. These companies are covering the major ERP market revenue.
SAP AG:COMPANY PROFILE
SAP (System Applications & Products in data processing) . SAP is the world's leading provider of business software, SAP delivers products and services that help accelerate business innovation for their customers. Today, more than 82,000 customers in more than 120 countries run SAP applications – from distinct solutions addressing the needs of small businesses and midsize companies to suite offerings for global organizations. SAP defines business software as comprising enterprise resource planning and related applications such as supply chain management, customer relationship management, and supplier relationship management
• SAP’s ERP package comes in 2 versions i.• SAP AG was founded in 1972 by five German engineers with IBM in Mannheim. mainframe version (SAP R/2) & client server version (SAP R/3). customer products. customers can install the core system & one or more of the fundamental components. and is one of the top most ERP vendors providing the client server business application solutions. oil & high technology.(RReal) • With SAP. .e. or purchase the software as a complete package. • SAP serves as a standard in the industries like chemicals. Germany. The SAP group has offices in more than 50 countries worldwide & employs a workforce of over 19300.
& supporting immediate responses to change throughout different organizational levels & real time integration. • These processes may be selected from SAP library & can be included within installed SAP application solution to suit the user exact requirements. • Also. the new technologies are available regularly to cop-up with the changes of the new business trends. • SAP software has special features like.PRODUCTS & TECHNOLOGY • SAP has developed extensive library of more than 800 predefined business processes. linking a company’s business processes & applications. • The international standards have been considered while designing the software like support of multiple currencies simultaneously. automatically handles the country specific import/export requirements • The modules of R/3 can be used individually as well as user can expand it in stages to meet specific requirement's .
standard business software suite in which Integrate able modules for accounting. R/2 (R for "realtime"). businesses could select only those they needed. and the following year released. sales and distribution.R/2 in the Late 1970s In 1978 SAP began developing. which could then be further customized to their unique requirements. and production enabled customers to consolidate their financial and operational data into a single database and eliminate costly paperwork and data entry. Because the modules were self-standing. a mainframe-based. .
in 1987 SAP began developing R/3 for use in the decentralized. non-mainframe computing environment known as client-server. data is processed not by a single costly mainframe but by many cheaper networked "server" computers. announced a new "system applications architecture" (SAA) technology Seeing the ramifications of such integrity ability for its own products. individual functions of business operations. . R/3 was designed to allow a business to view its entire business operation as a single integrated process in which data entered into any single application in the system would simultaneously be registered in every other. such as inventory tracking or shipping.R/3 Development in the 1980s • As R/2's potential began to peak in the mid-1980s. In client-server arrangements." While R/2 focused on providing data processing solutions for static. which display their data on flexibly arrange able PCs called "clients. IBM. Plattner and company's former employer.
Unexpectedly. R/3 was suddenly hot.Introduction of R/3 in the 1990s • After five years in development. less mainframe-dominated business software market. R/3 had been launched with the expectation that it would complement R/2's multinationaloriented niche by extending SAP's reach into the mid-sized. and even SAP's largest customers began eyeing R/3 as a less labor-intensive replacement for R/2. R/3's release coincided with a growing trend toward corporate downsizing. however. and virtually overnight SAP had translated its reputation as Germany's wunderfirma to the global stage. .
R/3 may also be used by small business. using one secure R/3 system to share relevant information between parts of the organization. often described with acronyms such as MM (materials management) and SD (sales and distribution). production resource management and financial account control. • Modules process information through each and every component of the organization. These specific tasks are accomplished by employing application modules. .SAP R/3 • SAP R/3 is a computer system that is designed to support complete business management tasks of a corporation. SAP R/3 is used in business systems to handle invoice payment. company or institution. keeping the corporation up-to-date on latest technology and data information. A common database is employed among each of the mid-sized to large-size corporations that utilize R/3. allowing business to prosper without having to worry about changing systems.
operating in the open system or client/server environments. R/3 uses the ABAP/4 programming language and allows for the possibility of several computers of differing manufacturers to conjoin into one solid working database. SAP R/3 is a Windows and Menus driven application containing graphical objects.• An additional benefit to using SAP R/3 is that it combines with a corporation’s previously existing computer system. .
. R/3 application modules are either used alone or in combination with other solutions. which is an integral part of R/3. • The in house staff can do work easily with reference ABAP/4R development workbench. • It can connect all the business processes together & every employee could have fast access to the required information.R/3 APPLICATION MODULE: • The R/3 system provides a flexible organizational structure.
Investment management monitors the projects from planning to settlement. depreciation simulation. Treasury module helps in ensuring the liquidity of your company worldwide structures. This also participates in pre investment analysis. – Enterprise Controlling: This module has been designed to monitor the company’s success factors & performance indicators on the basis of management information. – Treasury: this module provides a complete solution for efficient financial management. the asset profitability & minimizes risks. – Investment Management: This module offers integrated management & processing of investment measures.• Following are some R/3 modules: – Financial Accounting: it collects & controls the data relevant to financial accounting. – Controlling: This module has a uniform reporting system for company wide controlling with all procedures & controls content of the company’s internal processes. . It provides reports & documentations & comprehensive information.
sales & distribution with all standard business processes & functionality. maintenance. damages & service management. . – Plant Maintenance & Service Management: this allows the planning. to integrated supply chain management. – Material Management: It manages the purchasing processes with workflow driven processing functions. control & processing of the inspection.– Production Planning: this provides all types of manufacturing strategies. This also handles warehouse management & integrates invoice verification. lot & MTS manufacturing. – Quality Management: this offers all processes relevant to your quality assurance along with supply chain. co-ordinates inspection processing & integrates laboratory information systems. • R/3 also provides its applications in HR managements. from repetitive MTO & ATO. through processes. project management.
This client/server solution is infinitely expandable & can be used with anywhere between 30 & several thousand end users. . • The software is customizable using SAP's proprietary programming language. R/3 is scalable and highly suited for many types and sizes of organizations and runs on six different platforms. hardware manufactures & database providers helps to provide a complete business solution. ABAP/4. service companies. SAP’s partnership with technology.Some of the main advantages of using SAP R/3 are listed below: • The R/3 software package is designed to allow businesses to effectively and efficiently operate a variety of business processes within a single integrated information system. This ensures that R/3 can always grow with the growing requirement of company.
• The BAAN company products reduce complexity and cost. are faster to implement and use.BAAN :. • The products offered by the company supports several business tools. are more flexible in adapting to business changes. . • The BAAN Company is the leading global provider of enterprise business software. improve core business processes. The tools are based on multi-tier architecture.Company profile • Baan company was founded in Netherlands in 1978 by brothers Jan and Paul Baan..
The Baan series based products include : . The special feature of BAAN product is the use of BAAN DEM (Dynamic Enterprise Modeling). . The main advantages of Baan series-based family of products are the best in class components version independent integration and evergreen delivery. BAAN Supply Chain Solutions. BAAN products has multi-tiered architecture for maximum and flexible configuration. networks and user interfaces w/o any modification to the application code. The application supports the new hardware. 5. Baan DEM provides a business view via a graphical process/model based views. OS. BAAN Front Office. 2.TECHNOLOGY AND PRODUCTS 1. 6. 7. BAAN Corporate Office Solutions. 3.BAAN Enterprise Resource Planning. The BAAN products are having open component architecture. 4.
BAAN ERP consists of a number of interdependent components that can be deployed to meet business needs.BAAN ERP MODULES • • • • BAAN ERP is a proven enterprise resource planning s/w application. It is fully integrated and provides all the functionality which is required across the enterprise. BAAN ERP includes the following components – • . The flexibility with BAAN ERP allows customers to maximize the benefits of both best in class solution and a fully integrated high performance system.
cash management. Finance Module: This includes accounts payable. Project Module: This includes project budget. . shop floor control. cost price calculation. etc. 2.1. etc 3. fixed assets. material requirement planning. Distribution Module: This includes sales management. project estimation. etc 4. project definition. Manufacturing Module: This includes bills of material. accounts receivable. purchase management and warehouse management. project planning.
– Develop the BAAN product in such a way that it is independent of third party product such as hardware. – Gives customer specific solutions. open and distributed computing and development environment. in-turn change the s/w configuration.BAAN ERP TOOLS • BAAN ERP Tools can be described as a computing platform that provides independent. OS and DB. . • The open architecture of the BAAN ERP Tools make it possible to – – Quickly react to the changes that take place in the market. flexible. – Easily integrated with third party product.
decision support tools and enterprise business applications.ORCALE CORPORATION:-Company profile • Oracle Corporation was founded in the year 1977 and is the world’s largest s/w company and the leading supplier for enterprise information management. • It provides databases and relational servers. • This is the first s/w company to implement internet computing model for using the enterprise s/w across the entire product line. application development. .
• ORACLE’s integrated Business Intelligence Solutions provides us with a solution to deliver powerful processing capabilities to the user anywhere in the enterprise at anytime. Oracle business intelligence family product includes: – – – – – Oracle report Oracle enterprise reporting tools Oracle discoverer Ad-Hoc Queries and analysis tools Oracle online analytical processing engine. • ORACLE 8i is the leading database for internet computing. from any client device. • ORACLE Warehouse Technology Initiative (WIT) is one of the fastest flowing & comprehensive programs in the data warehousing industry which provides the customers a complete data warehousing solution. • ORACLE database allow the corporation to access on any data. . mini computers. etc. etc.TECHNOLOGY • ORACLE software runs on the network computers. on any service. work stations & micro computers. over any network.
MODULES OF ORCALE APPLICATIONS: Oracle application consists of 45 plus software modules which are divided into following categories – Oracle – Oracle – Oracle – Oracle – Oracle – Oracle Financials Human Resource Projects Manufacturing Supply Chain Front Office .
– It also provides strategic information to make timely & accurate decisions. ORACLE PROJECTS .These applications improve operational efficiency by providing an integrated project management environment that supports the full lifecycle of a project and increases the revenue growth and profitability. . lower the administrative cost & improve the cash management. – By working with these applications the companies can work globally.ORACLE FINANCIAL – This application transforms a finance organization into a strategic force and also helps to access the financial management functions.
– It helps in increasing market share while improving customer service & minimizing the cost. their values & profitability – These applications increase top line revenues & maintain customer satisfaction & retention – It also helps to attract and retain profitable customers through deployment channels including mobile & call centre. ORACLE FRONT OFFICE – These applications provide a better understanding for customer relationships. – It helps in effective partner collaboration & supply chain optimization capabilities.ORACLE SUPPLY CHAIN – This application manages the supply chain process by providing a single integrated environment. .
ORACLE MANUFACTURING ― Oracle manufacturing application enables the companies to achieve market leadership by becoming more customer responsive & efficient.ORACLE HUMAN RESOURCES – This application helps in managing the human resources which directly improve profitability and contribute to competitive advantage – It also helps in the ability to hire motivate & retain the most capable working force and also helps in providing comprehensive and up-to-date information.o . profitability & customer loyalty by capturing the demand & planning the manufacturing process in an efficient way. ― This module also supports the companies to increase revenue.
healthcare. including communications. treasury management performance measurement and supply chain management. higher . project management. was established in 1987 to provide innovative software solutions that meet the changing business demands of enterprises worldwide.PEOPLESOFT:. • It employs more than 7000 people worldwide. accounting and control. • PeopleSoft provides industry-specific enterprise solutions to customers in select markets. • PeopleSoft develops markets and supports enterprisewide software solutions to handle core business functions including human resources management. manufacturing.& the annual revenue for the year 1998 was $ 1.Company profile • PeopleSoft Inc.3 million. • PeopleSoft’s mission is to provide innovative software solutions that meet the changing business demands of organizations worldwide. finance services.
. Sun Microsystems. midrange and LAN relational database server platforms. • The PeopleSoft application serves the whole business management solutions. Microsoft Windows and popular Web browsers. as well as a range of mainframe. Sybase. IBM. workflow. • PeopleSoft solutions run on a variety of leading hardware and database platforms. DB2 and others. Microsoft SQL Server. commercial solutions & industry solutions. • PeopleSoft delivers Web-enabled applications. online analytical processing (OLAP) etc.• PeopleSoft products support clients running. including Compaq. Hewlet-Packard. Informix.
or a complete enterprise-wide solution. from human resources and finance to supply chain management. • The flexible design lets you tailor the applications to your specific needs. • One can implement a single application. . • The applications help in managing a broad set of business processes.BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS • PeopleSoft solutions extend across the globe.
• The PeopleSoft’s business management solutions are in the areas given below:– – – – – – – – – – Human Resources Management Accounting and Control Treasury Management Performance Measurement Project Management Sales and Logistics Materials Management Supply Chain Planning Service Revenue Management Procurement .
D Edwards was being recognizes as an Industry-leading supplier of application software for the highly successful IBM AS/400 computer. • In early years J.D. Edwards designed software for small & medium sized computers.D Edwards is a publicly traded company that has more than 4700 customers with sites in over 100 countries & more than 4200 employees.JD EDWARDS:COMPANY PROFILE: • On March 17. San Francisco & Bakenfield. J. • Today J. Houston. 1977 J. . its headquarter in Denver. by Jack Thompson. California. opened branch offices in Dallas & Newport Beach. • As the company began to out grow. • As it grew it became obvious that servicing a large number of customers was creating a challenge • By the mid of 1980’s.D. Dan Gregery & Ed-Mc Vaney. • In 1980’s it focused on IBM system/38. Edwards was formed. And then internationally expanded its Europe headquarters in Brussels & Belgium.
• J. This allows JD Edward to ensure timely implementation & outgoing quality of the solution. you have a partner committed to ushering you through changes in the business & technology. – Relationships: With JD Edwards. .D Edwards emphasizes on the following three matters: – Solution: JD Edwards offers a balance of technology & service options tailored by the unique industry & its processes. – Value: JD Edwards provides with an appreciating software asset – one with the potential to increase in value over the lift of your business.
finance. • JD Edwards is a leading provider of integrated software for distribution. manufacturing & SCM.TECHNOLOGY • As the business grew company adapted new technology & instead for small computer application. human resource. it started to design enterprise-wise software. . • These software's are operated in multiple computing environments & also JAVA & HTML enabled.
It optimizes the enterprise by increasing the speed of internet processes and synchronizing the business operations.QAD : -Company Profile • • • • It was found in 1979. – • – • The MFG\PRO is one of the software. which provides multinational organization with integrated Global Supply Chain Management Solution. service/support management and decision support. product offered by QAD. It is available in 26 languages and supports multiple currencies. It helps the organization to achieve and maintain competitive advantage and synchronizes the distributed operation which balances the supply and demand across multiple sites. It has an easy-to-understand graphical interface. QAD offers a variety of supply chain and enterprise resource planning s/w products to manufacturing industries. . The company’s products include MFG/PRO.
(SSA) was founded in 1981. • SSA has BPCS client/server V6 technology is implemented in more than 1000 industrial sector firms in over 4000 sites worldwide. • To achieve competitive advantage for clients through ERP system.SSA:-COMPANY PROFILE: • System Software Associates. • It has branches in more than 91 countries & more than 2000 employees. Inc. • SSA’s vision is to be the best global partner to the world’s industrial companies. • The statement has six key goals. SSA’s follows its Mission Statement 1981. .
– Highly skilled & motivated professional: it means that SSA is committed on having the best professionals & resources in the application software business. which bring together the entire enterprise. . – Proven leading Technology: this means that every piece of technology applied by SSA will already be proven for high transaction volume enterprise-wide applications. – Single image worldwide: this means that the client gets the same high level of support & expertise all around the world. – Strong financial results: this means that SSA can continue to invest in the improvements of its software & professionals & will be a stable partner in the long run.• They are: – Best client satisfaction: this means that the company wants their clients to achieve the greatest possible business benefits from their relationship with SSA. – Enterprise Solution Leadership: it means that the company is focused on building & delivering solutions.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?