NLRC Spoken English
(For Graduates, Professionals and All)
Head Office: 4-81/60, Selliamman Nagar, M. Perumapalayam (PO), Salem – 636111, Tamil Nadu, India.
H/P: 9894854413, Phone: 0427-2912095, E-mail: email@example.com
Spoken Tamil Situations
Spoken English Sentences
M. Web: www. Salem – 636111.nlrc.in
Please Visit Our New Website
NLRC Spoken English
www.nlrc.com. Perumapalayam (PO).NLRC Spoken English
(For Graduates. India. Selliamman Nagar. Tamil Nadu.
. Phone: 0427-2912095. Professionals and All)
Head Office: 4-81/60. E-mail: nlrcspokenenglish@gmail.
What would you like to eat? (Pat: what would you like to do sth)
4.1) Everytime / Whenever I go to temple.How did you come here / How you came here
8. ï£¡ è£˜ô õ‰«î¡ . cƒèœ ðö‹ ê£ŠHì M¼‹¹Al˜è÷£?.The train arrived to the station at 10 PM. At that time.I like to drink juice (Pat: I like to do sth)
7. àƒèA†ì âˆî¬ù «ðù£ Þ¼‚°¶ .
. I pour water to that tree. cƒè ÞŠð â¡ù ð‡Pƒè . ÜõÂ‚° C¡ù õòC«ô è™ò£í‹ ÝJ´„² . Üõ¡ ñô¬ó è™ò£í‹ ªêŒ¶‚A†ì£¡ .
26. ã¡ Þƒè õ‰Fƒè .Which shop did you buy the cloth ? / Which shop you bought the cloth?
15. âšõ÷¾ ï£÷£ Þƒè «õ¬ô ªêŒPƒè? .How many pens (do) you have?
28.He married (to) Malar / He is married (to) Malar / He got married (to)
20.Is your daughter married? / Does your daughter get married? / have
your daughter got married?
16. «êôˆFŸ° àƒè¬÷ õó«õŸA«ø¡ Ü™ô¶ õó«õŸA«ø£‹ .Welcome to Salem (Pat: welcome to Place Name)
pour water to that tree: 2) I go to temple.Would you like to eat anything? (Pat: would you like to do anything)
âŠð® Þƒè õ‰Fƒè .Our daughter has been married for 5 years / It is
5 years since our daughter got married.He comes by car
10. âƒè ªð£‡μ‚° è™ò£í‹ ÝA ä‰¶ õ¼ìƒèœ ÝAM†ì¶ .Why did you come here / Why you came here
11. ï£¡ pv °®‚è M¼‹¹A«ø¡ . Üõ¡ è£˜ô õó£¡ Ü™ô¶ õ¼Aø£¡ .
19. Þ‰î «ðù£¬õ âšõ÷¾‚° õ£ƒAQƒè .I came by car
9.Tamil to English Situations
1. àƒè ªð£‡μ‚° è™ò£í‹ ÝA âšõ÷¾ ï£÷£„²? .What do you do now / what you do now
12. â‰î è¬ìòô ¶E â´ˆFƒè . cƒèœ ãî£õ¶ ê£ŠHì M¼‹¹Al˜è÷£?. ï£¡ «ïˆ¶î£¡ CƒèŠÌKL¼‰¶ õ‰«î¡ .Which / What class do you study? / Which / What class you study?
14. âˆî¬ù º¬ø Ü™ô¶ îì¬õ á†® «ð£J¼‚APƒè . ï£¡ è™ò£í‹ ªêŒ¶‚èμ‹ .I reached the railway station.He married young / He got married young
2.I came from Singapore yesterday only.How much is this pen?/ How much you pay for the pen?
23. ï£¡ «è£J½‚° «ð£øŠð™ô£‹ ï£¡ Ü‰î ñóˆ¶‚° î‡a˜ áŸÁ«õ¡ .How long do you work here?
18. àƒè ªð£‡μ‚° è™ò£í‹ ÝJ´„ê£ .I have to marry / I have to get married
22.How many-ith class do you study? / How many-ith class you study?
13. cƒè âˆî¬ùò£õ¶ õ°Š¹ ð®‚APƒè .
õ£ƒè õ£ƒè / i†®Ÿ° õ£¼ƒèœ .Would you like to eat fruit? (Pat: would you like to do sth)
5. â¡ù ê£ŠH®Pƒè . cƒè â‰î õ°Š¹ ð®‚APƒè .How many times did you go to Ooty? / How many times
have you been Ooty?
25. ï£¡ ÞóJ™«õ v«ìêÂ‚° «ð£Œ «ê˜‰«î¡ .How long has your daughter been married? (Pat: How
long has sb been married)
17. ÞóJ™ v«ìêÂ‚° Þó¾ 10 ñE‚° õ‰¶ «ê˜‰î¶ .
33.Lift the luggage up / above. After that. ÜõÂ‚° ªó£‹ð Ü®ð†®¼‚° . eîI¼‚Aø «è‚¬è ê£ŠH´ .Don't phone (call) him hereafter. ü¡ùL™ ê£Œ‰¶ G™ .
34.You eat the food without being left over ( Pat: be left over )
55. ÞóJ™ v«ìêÂ‚° Þó¾ 10 ñE‚° õ‰î¶ . Üõ¬ù Þƒè Þ¿ˆ¶‚A†´ õ£ . ï£«ù Üšõ÷¾ Éó‹ ïì‰«î¡ Ü™ô¶ ï£«ù îQò£ Üšõ÷¾ Éó‹ ïì‰«î¡ . «ð¡ «ñ¬ü‚° «ñ«ô Þ¼‚Aø¶ . ñóˆF™ è†®J¼‚Aø Ý†¬ì H®„C†´ õ£ .Tie the cow in the bar
47. ü¡ùL¡ ð‚èˆF™ Ü™ô¶ ð‚èõ£†®™ G™ . â¶¾‹ eî‹ Þ™¬ô .You take him to hospital.Can I help you? / What can I do for you?
32.Stand by the window
36. Üõƒè å¼ˆî¼‚° å¼ˆî˜ ªõ†®A†ì£ƒè . è£v b¼‹ G¬ôJ™ Þ¼‚Aø¶ . ÞQ«ñ™ ÜõÂ‚° «ð£¡ ªêŒò£«î . àƒèÀ‚° ãî£õ¶ àîM «õ‡´ñ£? .They hit / kill each other / They hit / kill among themselves
53. â¶‚è£è c Üõ¬ù Ü®„ê .Go above / up
35. è£v b˜‰¶M†ì¶ .
42. At that time.
48.You untie the robe that ties in the luggage / You untie the tying
robe in the luggage. you see him. ªð†®¬ò î¬ôWö£è ¬õ .I myself walk that much distance.Don't tell this
43.Eat the remaining cake / Eat the left over cake. Y‚Aó‹ ð´‚¬èJL¼‰¶ â¿ . st1= àòóˆF™ Þ¼‚°‹
38.It is 10 days since I eat good food (Pat: It is Time since Sent1)
52. è¬ì‚° «ð£øŠð Üõ¬ù ð£˜ˆ¶†´ «ð£ .Nothing is left
59.You go to shop.
54. Üõ¬ù ÝvðˆFK‚° Ã†®A†´ «ð£ƒè .
56.How long ago did you go to salem?
40.The train came to the station at 10 PM.First. c â¡¬ù Ü®‚è àù‚° âšõ÷¾ ¬îKò‹ .The fan is above the table ( Pat: sth1 is above sth2.
30. you see him / When you come
back from the shop.Stand against the window
37. ñ£†¬ì H®„C è‹HJô è†´ .Get up fastly from the bed.The gas is over / The gas run out
58.You bring the goat that ties in the tree / You bring the tying goat in
the tree. è¬ì‚° «ð£J†´ õøŠð Üõ¬ù ð£˜ˆ¶†´ õ£ .Keep the box upside down
. Þ‰î Í†¬ì¬ò É‚A†´ «ð£ . You go to shop. ï£¡ ï™ô «ê£Á ê£ŠH†´ 10 ï£œèœ ÝAø¶ .The gas is low / The gas is running out / The gas runs low
57. Í†¬ì¬ò «ñ«ô É‚° .You carry the luggage. «ñ«ô «ð£ . Þ¬î â¡A†ì ªê£™ô£«î . ê£Šð£†¬ì I„ê‹ ¬õ‚è£ñ™ ê£ŠH´ .You bring / pull him here
39. Í†¬ìJ™ è†®J¼‚Aø èJˆ¬î Ü¾ˆ¶M´ . you see him / When you go to shop.Why (What for) did you hit him?
49.He got injured (hurt) seriously / He was seriously injured (hurt)
50. âšõ÷¾ ï£À‚° º¡ù£® cƒè «êô‹ «ð£mƒè .How dare you (to) hit me?
Lift the luggage
64.Has salem bus gone? / Did salem bus go?
82. àƒèÀ¬ìò ¬è¬ò «ñ«ô É‚°ƒèœ . ê˜‚è¬ó ãî£õ¶ eF Þ¼‚Aøî£? . ÜõÀ‚° Üõù£™ Í¡Á °ö‰¬îèœ Hø‰î¶ . Üõ˜ è£Œ„êLù£™ Þø‰¶M†ì£˜ .Go to the shop and buy the chocolate. ÞƒA¼‰¶ «êôˆ¶‚° 30 A«ô£ e†ì˜ .He died / He expired / He passed away
74. ÞŠð ñE 6 .60.
65. Üõ¬ù ê£ŠHì ¬õ . Þ¶ ï£¡î£¡ . at the same time.Lift (raise) the cloth little bit
62.There is no use of believing him.
79. Üõ¬ù ï‹H â‰î H«ó£òüùº‹ Þ™¬ô .He and I did this (pat: he and I)
78.Has the milk-man come? / Did the milk-man come?
81.He goes by shaking his head / He goes.
71.Make him eat (Pat: make sb do sth)
61. ªè£…ê‹ ¶E¬ò àò˜ˆ¶ . ñô¼‚° ¬ðò¡ Hø‰F¼‚Aø£¡ .You inquire or ask the doctor about this.
66. Üõ˜ Þø‰¶M†ì£˜ .He died in accident. ï£¡ «êôˆF™ Hø‰«î¡ . Þ¬î ñùF™ ¬õˆ¶‚ªè£œÀƒèœ .
92.You ask him pen (pat: ask sb sth)
90. ¬ê‚A¬÷ îœO‚A†´ «ð£ . °ö‰¬î ïì‚Aø¶ . he shakes his
head.You ask him to come here (pat: ask sb to do sth)
89.You go and bring him
88.Is there any sugar left? (pat: Is there any sth left?)
73.It is me. Üõ¡ ªî£™¬ô¬ò î£ƒè º®ò¬ô .He asks more money for the car
. ð£™è£ó˜ õ‰F†ì£ó£? . ÜõKì‹ «ðù£ «èœ . Üõ¬ù «ð£Œ Ã†®‚A†´ õ£ . è¬ì‚° «ð£Œ ê£‚èô† õ£ƒA†´ õ£ .
93. «êô‹ ðv «ð£J´„ê£? .It is long time since I went to hospital.Keep this in mind ( Pat: keep sth in mind )
86.Has the current come? / the current or power has come?
83. Üõ¡ î¬ô¬ò Ý†®‚A†´ «ð£ø£¡ .He gives more trouble / I am unable to stand / bear his trouble / I can't bear
/stand his trouble.Raise your hand
63.Walk the child.Walk the bicycle..)
68. Í†¬ì¬ò («ñ«ô) É‚°ƒèœ .
87.He died of fever ( pat: die of disease )
76. ï£Â‹ ÜõÂ‹ Þ¬î ªêŒ«î£‹ .I was born in salem (Pat: sb was born in place / year)
75. Üõ¡ è£¼‚° ÜFè ðí‹ «è†Aø£¡ .
80. ê£Šð£†´ ªêô¬õ ï£¡ ð£ˆ¶‚A«ø¡ .Malar has given birth to baby boy (Pat: sb give birth to sb)
67.She bore him three children (Pat: bear sb a child/son.
85. Üõ˜ MðˆF™ Þø‰¶M†ì£˜ .
91.It is 6 o'clock now. Üõ¬ù Þƒ° õó ªê£™ . °ö‰¬î¬ò ¬èH®„C Ã†®‚A†´ «ð£ . ÝvðˆFK‚° «ð£Œ ªó£‹ð ï£†è÷£J´„C .Is there any sugar? (pat: Is there any sth?)
72. Þ¬î ðŸP (Þ¬î «ð£Œ) ì£‚ìKì‹ Mê£K„C†´ õ£ .The child walks.
77. ê˜‚è¬ó ãî£õ¶ Þ¼‚Aøî£? .I bear the food cost or expense / I pay (for) the food expense.
84.It is 30 KM to salem from here. èó‡† õ‰F¼„ê£? .
The shop opens till 9 o'clock / the shop is opened till 9 o'clock.He is so old that he can't walk. ï£¡ 1970 L¼‰¶ Þƒ° õC‚A«ø¡ .Don't scold like that / such that. â¡ù ¹ˆîè‹ àù‚° «õ‡´‹ . Üõ˜ Ü‰î Ü÷¾‚° ï™ôõ˜ .
453. ï£¡ ÞQ«ñ™ î£¡ ê£ŠHìÂ‹ Ü™ô¶ ï£¡ Þ¡Â‹ ê£ŠHìM™¬ô .He is on the way. cƒè ªêòø¶ îŠ¹ .I sincerely grateful for your help
444. Üõ¡ ïì‚è º®ò£î Ü÷¾‚° õò¶ ÝAM†ì¶ .
461.Please make sure that the door is locked
452. áªó™ô£‹ å«ó ðóðóŠð£ Þ¼‚Aø¶ .What if it rains today.What book you want?
470. (Ýù£™ ÞŠ«ð£¶ è£H °®Šð¶ Þ™¬ô) . ï£¡ 30 Ý‡´è÷£è Þƒ° õC‚A«ø¡ .Those who like to come with me.I live here for 30 years
443.I am yet to eat / I have to eat hereafter. ÜŠð™ô£‹ 10 Ïð£Œ â¡ð¶ 1000 Ïð£Œ‚° êññ£°‹ . è¬ì 9 ñE õ¬ó Fø‰F¼‚°‹ .
447. ï£¡ ÝˆÉ˜ õNò£è ªê™A«ø¡ . ï£¡ º¡¹ è£H °®„CA†´¼‰«î¡. ï£¡ Þ¡Â‹ ê£ŠHìM™¬ô . àƒèœ àîM‚° ï£¡ à÷ñ£ø ï¡P ÃÁA«ø¡ . please come.The fan is there. Ü¶‚° ÞŠð â¡ù? . è£Ÿø£® Üƒ«è Þ¼‚Aø¶ . â¡ù ªêòø¶¡Â ªîKòô .I go through / via attur.441. â‰î F¬ê õì‚° .
472. Ü‰îñ£FK F†ì£«î . Þ‰î è£Ÿø£® âîŸè£è? .(pat: be used to do sth)
464.I still do not eat / I do not eat yet. èî¾ Ì†®J¼‚°î£Â àÁFð´ˆF‚ªè£œ .So what?
473.What to eat now?
474.Ask him to come here. ï£¡ Ü¬îî£¡ ªê£¡«ù¡ .
459.There is fan
457.I am used to drink coffee. ï£¡ Üõ¡ Íôñ£è ªêŒF¬ò «è†«ì¡ . Ü‰î Ü¬øJ™ 10 «ð˜ õ¬ó Üñóô£‹ .
455.I used to drink coffee (pat: use to do
467. Þ¡Q‚° ñ¬ö ªðŒ…ê£ â¡ù ð‡μMƒè .What for this fan?
445.I still eat.He goes through forest.
456. Þ‰î õNJ™ «ð£ƒèœ . Üõù Þƒè õóªê£™½ .
449.Which way is north?
468. ÞŠð â¡ù ê£ŠHìô£‹ .There is a tension all over / through out the town.What you do is wrong.
460.Go this way.Upto 10 people can sit in the room.
469. ò£ó™ô£‹ â¡Ãì õ˜Pƒè«÷£ õ£ƒè .I live here since / from 1970.
.That's what I told. Üõ¡ è£´ õNò£è ªê™Aø£¡ . Üîù£™ î£¡ Üõ¡ â¡¬ù Ü®„ê£¡ .Don't know what to do. Üõ˜ õNJ™ õ‰¶‚ªè£‡®¼‚Aø£˜ . he hits me.(In) those days 10 rupees were equal to Rs 1000.
442. ï£¡ è£H °®‚è ðöA ªè£‡«ì¡ . è£Ÿø£® Þ¼‚Aø¶ .I heard the news through / by him. ï£¡ Þ¡Â‹ ê£ŠH´A«ø¡ .
462.He is such a nice person
ï£¡ à¡Âì¡ õ«ó¡ . î¬ó¬ò «îŒ‚è£«î . ð£ˆFóˆF™ î‡a¬ó áŸÁ .Put / pour the flour in utensil. you come here. Üõ¬ó Üõ¼¬ìò ñ£ñ£ õ÷˜ˆî£˜ .
495. îI› õ£›è .Stay where you are / Don't move.Please tell me where to go.Can we go out to eat?
.Whenever possible / felt.Light up the Vilakku using ghee. ã¡ Üõ¡ Þ¡Â‹ A÷‹¹ô . ê£ŠHìø¶‚° ªõOJô «ð£ô£ñ£? .476.Don't advise me on anything. âù‚° ¹ˆF â¶¾‹ ªê£™ô£«î .Who to ask the question?
482. î‡E¬ò áŸP î¬ó¬ò è¿¾ .
àƒèœ è¼ˆ¶è¬÷ ï£¡ Ü¡¹ì¡ õó«õŸA«ø¡.
478.His uncle brought up him. Þ¶ ò£¼¬ìò ¹ˆîè‹? .
494. âŠªð£¿¶ «êô‹ «ð£èô£‹ .Whose is this book?
485.Whose is this?
483. Þ¶ ò£¼¬ìò¶? .Don't accuse me. Þ‰î ¹ˆîè‹ ò£¼¬ìò¶? .Why does'nt he leave yet? / Why he does'nt leave yet?
487.I come with you. ò£¼‚° æ†´ «ð£ìø¶? .When we go to salem?
477. ã¡ Üõ¡ «è£ðñ£è Þ¼‚Aø£¡ . (Email: nlrcspokenenglish@gmail.
489. ªïŒ áŸP M÷‚° «ð£´ . ð£ˆFóˆF™ ñ£¬õ ªè£†´ .TAMIL VALGA.
500. «èœM¬ò ò£˜A†ì «è†ð¶ .
493.Don't rub the floor.Whose book is this?
484. âŠð™ô£‹ àù‚° «î£Â«î£ ÜŠð Þƒè õ£ . âƒè Þ¼‚Al˜è«÷£ Üƒè Þ¼ƒèœ .
498.You call me as Malar. ã¡ Üõ¡ A÷‹¹ø£¡? . â¡e¶ °Ÿø‹ ²ñˆî£«î .Pour the water in utensil.Why he is angry?
490.Who to vote?
479. ï£¡ Üõ¬ó ñ£íõ˜ î¬ôõó£è ÜƒAèK‚A«ø¡. â¡¬ù cƒèœ ñô˜ â¡Á ÃŠH´ƒèœ .Clean the floor with water / Pour the water on the floor and clean it.Why he leaves?
º‚Aò °PŠ¹: «ñ«ô ªê£¡ù îI› õ£‚AòƒèÀ‚° à‡ì£ù ÝƒAô õ£‚Aò Ü¬ñŠ¹è¬÷ ï¡ø£è ¹K‰¶‚ªè£œÀƒèœ.
492.I acknowledge him as student leader. âƒè «ð£õ¶ â¡Á ªê£™½ƒèœ .