Drugs & Machine (Equipments), Airway, Monitoring
1. 2. 3. 4.
Enumerate the problems with muscle relaxants (Dec.‟05). Neuromuscular Transmission (Dec.‟99). Elimination of atracurium from the body (Dec.‟99). Name the adrenergic agonist & antagonists. Describe in detail their uses in anaesthesia practice (June‟05). Adrenergic agonists (June‟06). β – blockers – its relation in anaesthesia (Dec.‟96). Ca++ Channel blocker drugs & anaesthesia (June‟95;‟98). Complications of Local anaesthetics (June‟99). Role of α2 agonist in present day anaesthesia. (Dec.‟04). Pipecurium (June‟95;‟96) Midazolam. (Dec.‟97) Remifentanil. (Dec.‟98) Rocuronium. (Dec.‟98) Narcotic antagonists (June‟97;‟98). Effect of intrathecal neostigmine. Compare propofol with midazolam (Dec.‟99) Merits & demerits of halothane & Isoflurane (Dec.‟95) Sevoflurane vs. Desflurane (Dec.2000). Various routes of administration of morphine. Discuss the pharmacokinetics & pharmacodynamics of epidural morphine (Dec.‟96).
5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19.
Page 1 of 33
Neurotoxicity of halogenated anaesthesia (Dec.‟96). Propofol (June‟96), Propofol as compared to thiopentone (Dec.‟99).
Interactions of pre-existing drug therapy with anaesthetic agents & techniques (June‟96). Mechanism of action of local anaesthetic agents (Dec.‟97). Manifestations & treatment of β- adrenergic agonist toxicity (June‟97). Sevoflurane (June‟97). Desflurane (Dec.‟02). Untoward effects of IV Sod-bicarbonate. (Dec.‟97). Hepatotoxicity of halothane (Dec.‟97). Drug Interactions (June 2006). Interaction of depolarizing with nondepolarizing muscle relaxants (Dec.‟95). Minimum alveolar concentration. (Dec.‟96) Hoffman degradation. (Dec.‟96) Venturi principle & its applications. (Dec.‟95;‟99;‟04;‟06). Co-axial Circuits (June‟98). Type of plenum vaporizers (Dec.‟95). Evaluation of rota meter (Dec.‟99). Merits & demerits of LMA (Dec.‟96). Sterilization of anaesthesia equipments (Dec.‟98). Disinfection (Dec.‟01). Assessment & management of difficult intubation (Dec.‟95).
23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29.
30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39.
Page 2 of 33
Describe airway management of a patient of ankylosing spondylitis with severe restriction of neck movement posted for THR (Dec.‟96). Airway management in an unconscious patient (Dec.‟98). Cheek out produce to be followed routinely before using anaesthesia machine & other monitor equipments (Dec.2000). Safe anaesthetic procedure. Preoperative visits. Tracheostomy care.
43. 44. 45.
47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53.
Transdermal opioid (Dec.‟03). Central anticholinergic syndrome (Dec.‟05). Adenosine & its use. Pre-treatment of esmolol in NMJ, IOT & CVS. Safety measures in modern anaesthesia machine (Dec.‟03). Prevention of fire in OT. How will you anaesthetize airway of a 40 yrs old man for awake intubation (Dec.‟06). Describe management of “Cannot intubate cannot ventilate” condition in operation theatre (Dec.‟06). Low flow anaesthesia, advantages & disadvantages (Dec.‟06) Describe methods of humidification (Dec.‟06) Assessment of airway (June‟05); Bed side test & its uses (June „05). Operation theatre safety (Dec.‟05).
55. 56. 57. 58.
Page 3 of 33
Page 4 of 33
. Describe the intrathecal & epidural opioid in clinical practice & their complications (June‟06). 62. Evaluation of difficult airway. 60. 61. Operation room pollution (Dec.59.‟99).
Assessment & management of difficult intubation.
12. Temperature regulation in adults. June‟05). Role of capnography during anaesthesia (Dec. Pulmonary artery pressure monitoring (June‟06). limitations & complications (Dec. 2.
4. (Dec. diagnosis & management of malignant hyperpyrexia.‟95.‟04). Methods of monitoring of neuromuscular transmission during anaesthesia (Dec.
Assessment of intraoperative awareness (Dec. Positional hazards under anaesthesia (Dec.
What are the ways by which you can measure the depth of anaesthesia during intraoperative period (June‟05). Pulmonary artery catheter (Dec.‟05) Methods of ICP monitoring. Predisposing factors.‟97. 9.‟96.‟05) What do you mean by awareness during anaesthesia? Mention the monitors in use to measure the depth of anaesthesia (June‟06.‟96).
Describe complications of cannulation of Internal Jugular Vein (Dec. What are minimal monitoring standards? Describe objective & methods. uses.‟99.
.‟98). Methods of CVP cannulation. Uses & complications of ICP monitoring device (June‟05). ‟95.
List & brief statement and effectiveness of each of the means available for detecting awareness during anaesthesia.
3. Physical principle of pulse oximetry (June‟05).‟04). Neuromuscular junction function (June‟95) Somato-sensory evoked potential (Dec.‟98. MONITORING
Page 5 of 33
Jugular venous satuation monitoring. 19. How does it differ from anaesthesia? What changes occur in various stages of anaesthesia? (Dec.
Write down the physiology of sleep.‟99).15. Computer based patient record in anaesthesia (Dec.
Simulators in anaesthesia education (Dec. 21.2000) Limitation of pulse oximetry.‟97).
Page 6 of 33
. (Dec. Capnography.‟97).
18. BIS. Respiratory monitoring.
17. 16. 23. 22. (Dec.‟01). Modified bipolar standard limb leads system & its usefulness for intraoperative monitoring.
7. Spinal Anaesthesia in children.‟04.
Anaesthetist role in pain & palliative care (Dec.‟99).3.‟96) Post dural puncture headache (June.‟95.‟06). 9. Dec.
Phantom limb pain (June. PAIN & REGIONAL ANAESTHESIA
Pre emptive analgesia. Pulmonary function changes during neuraxial blockade (June.‟95. 6.‟05).
13. Dec. (June. Complications of extradural anaesthesia (Dec. Intravenous regional anaesthesia (June. June. Discuss various methods of post op pain relief.‟06). 4.‟04). What do you under stand with term pre emptive analgesia? (Dec.‟06)
2. Describe the nerve innervations of foot with diagram & discuss the local anaesthetic block at the ankle for amputation of gangrenous toes in a patient. Antithrombotic prophylaxis & neuraxial anaesthesia (June.‟06). Dec‟05.‟95) Mechanism of reflex sympathetic dystrophy (June.
Page 7 of 33
. Pain relief in rib # . 15. 5.‟99). Management of local anaesthetic toxicity (Dec.‟04). 10. 3. June. 11. ‟98. 8. 14. Patient controlled analgesia (Dec.‟07). Dec. Caudal epidural anaesthetic practice (Dec. 12. (Dec.‟99.‟95. Acute pain management services (June. (Dec.‟06). 17.‟98) Continuous subarachnoid blockade (Dec. 16.‟96.‟97.‟06).2000).
32. ‟04. 27. (TIVA) (‟96. June. Peripheral nerve injury under general anaesthesia (Dec. Stellate ganglion block.‟96).5 % polygel for spinal preloading.‟98). 25. Epidural pressure & various factors affecting the same (Dec. 2000. Anatomy of brachial plexus & its importance to anaesthesiologist. 28. 30. Spinal opioid receptors. June. 29. 24. Complication.‟03). Discuss various methods of pain relief following upper abdominal surgery.
22. Three in one block.‟97). Trigeminal Neuralgia – clinical features & management (Dec.‟97). indication & complication (June. 34.‟02) Describe role of anaesthetist in preoperative pain management. WHO three step ladder pattern for pain relief in advanced cancer (June. CSEA / Modified CSEA (Dec. Epidural anaesthesia for post operative pain relief (Dec. low molecular weight dextran.‟95. Total Intravenous Anaesthesia. Caudal block (DEC. Management of pain in burn. 19. 3.
Page 8 of 33
. 20. Indications & methods of mandibular block.‟03). Epidural use of opioid for post operative pain relief (Dec.
WHO regimen for chronic pain management (Dec.‟95).
26.‟96).18. 33. 31. 21. evaluation of RL.
Page 9 of 33
. Preoperative evaluation & preparation of a patient with fallots‟ tetra logy (June‟06).
11. Clinical features of infective endocarditis. (Dec. guidelines to use antibiotics as prophylaxis against during surgery (June‟05).4. What precaution must be undertaken by any anaesthetist for this surgery? Define preoperative hypertension.‟05).‟05). Principle.‟04. CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM & THORACIC ANAESTHESIA
13.‟05). A patient who has heart transplant requires non cardiac surgery. Anesthestic consideration of a patient on pacemaker for TURP.
Classify congenital heart disease. Explain with diagram the blood flow before & after delivery in patent with patient ductus arteriosus (PDA). Risk factors for venous thromboembolism & classify the current methods of prevention with examples. Explain usefulness of TEE in Cardiac surgery (Dec.
4. Anaesthetic management of TURP with PPI (Dec.‟05). preparation specific to thoraco-abdominal esophagectomy.
8. Pre-operative assessment. management (Dec.
Pre anesthetic evaluation of a patient of mitral stenosis for MTP & Sterilization (Dec. 6. Describe the causes &
2. Management of a case of essential hypertension scheduled for upper abdominal surgery (June‟05).
9. June‟05).‟05). Pre operative evaluation of a patient with valvular heart disease (Dec.
7. Describe your anaesthetic problem during operation (June‟05).‟04) Anaesthesia consideration in a patient for surgery for # NOF one year after CABG. (Dec.
Anaesthesia for drainage of empyema thoracis (Dec.
Monitored anaesthesia care is 80 yrs old man with Ischemic heart disease for cataract surgery (Dec.
17.14. Preoperative preparation & evaluation of a patient with h/o exersional angina for surgery under GA (1996). 20. 28. 180/170 mm Hg) for emergency laparotomy for perforated duodenal ulcer (June‟96) Double lumen endotracheal tube.
24. 23.‟95). (Dec. 19. Indication & ventilatory management (Dec. (June‟96) Precaution & treatment of Intra operative myocardial Infarction (Dec. One lung ventilation (1995) Problem & Management (1997.
16. / 6 week back.
26. Etiology and management of cardiac arrhythmias during anaesthesia under GA (June‟96. Dec.‟06).‟06). (Dec. Hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction (Dec. Anaesthetic considerations of bronchopleural / brochopulmonary fistula repair.
22. Prevention & Treatment of ventricular arrhythmias under GA (1995).‟95).
Page 10 of 33
15.‟97) Management of a patient with inguinal hernia repair having MI three week back.‟05) Discuss anaesthetic management of 60 years old patient for resection carcinoma sigmoid colon with h/o MI sustained 10 weeks ago (Dec. Perioperative management (Including post operative patient care) in a patient with an uncontrolled hypertension (B.‟99).
21.2000).‟04). (1996) Discuss etiology & management of supra ventricular arrhythmias during anaesthesia / surgery. Discuss anaesthetic management of strangulated inguinal hernia in a patient with a recent myocardial infarction (Dec. Cardiac output measurement by thermo dilution technique. Non invasive method of cardiac output monitoring.P. (Dec.
anaesthesia management & postoperative care. Management of multifocal ventricular ectopic during anaesthesia (June‟98).
Aetiology & management of hypotension during anaesthesia (Dec‟96). 42.
A patient of coarctation of aorta is scheduled for LSCS. Thromboangitis (Dec.
30. Pacemaker (2002). 39.Explain the Goldman risk index & its importance to the anaesthesiologists. 43.
.2000). (Dec. 10 years old child of tetra logy of fallot suffering from brain abscess outline preoperative management.
37. ‟06). Prevention and treatment of intraoperative MI. 36.
41. Etiology & management of SVT during surgical procedure. Defibrillation. Aetiology and management of hypertension during anaesthesia (Dec. 34. Myocardial protection during cardiac bye pass (1997). Nitric oxide for management of pulmonary hypertension (1998).29. role of anaesthetic management. Discuss preoperative preparation. 40. 33.
Page 11 of 33
38. Discuss advantages & disadvantages of off-pump coronary bypass grafting (Dec.‟06). High frequency jet ventilation (Dec‟03). Discuss preoperative evaluation & anaesthetic management of a 30 yes old female patient underwent mitral valve replacement 6 month ago & is now scheduled for MTP with laparoscopic sterilisation (Dec. Coronary circulation with diagram (1996).
Page 12 of 33
. What are the determinants of cardiac output? Discuss various methods of non-invasive monitoring of cardiac output (Dec.
Compare & contrast dopamine & dobutamine as an inotropic agent (Dec.
Anaesthetic management of two years old child who is scheduled for therapeutic bronchoscopy following inhalation of foreign body 2 days ago child could not exhibit any sign of air way obstruction (Dec.
10. Anaesthetic considerations in obesity.‟05). Functional residual capacity (SN) (June. 3. RESPIRATORY SYSTEM & ANAESTHESIA
1.‟04) Intra operative bronchospasm & immediate post op period management (Dec. oxygen transport & oxygen dissociation curve (June. Dec. 7.
14.‟97). Post operative elective ventilation. Dec. 8. Anatomy of larynx.
15. Oxygen cascade. preparation.‟06).
Intra operative anaesthetic considerations in scheduled for upper abdominal surgery (Dec. Preoperative evaluation. Dec.5. Lung compliance (June.‟06). & anaesthetic management of a known case of bronchial asthma posted for radical mastectomy (Dec.
Page 13 of 33
. 12.‟05). Hazards of smoking in patient to anaesthesia (1997). Discusses briefly.‟05).‟98).‟95. 13.‟97. one lung anaesthesia problem & management. Enumerate with diagrams the types of vocal cord palsies.
4. (June.‟95).‟05. (Dec.‟99).
9. 11. The factors influencing tissue oxygenation (June.
5.‟04). Enumerate various positions in relation to anaesthesia and discuss in detail the problem associated with them.‟96) Discuss the current concepts in the management of a case of chronic obstructive airway disease with respiratory failure (June. (June.
Page 14 of 33
. preparation & problem of anaesthesia in a chronic smoker for cholecystectomy (June.
22. How does it behave under different stages of anaesthesia? (Dec.‟99) Pulmonary oedema in intra operative & immediate post operative period – management. Tracheo bronchial tree with diagram (Dec.‟99).
17. prevention & treatment (Dec.
23. 20. 21. Discuss anatomy of diaphragm with diagram. Air embolism during anaesthesia (June.‟06).‟96).‟95).
Closing volume of the lung & its measurement (June.16.
Discuss the assessment.‟97).‟97). Pathophysiology of venous air embolism mention the methods of detection.‟99). Oxygen therapy (June. 19. Hydropneumothorax. CO2 carriage in blood & effects of hypercapnia (Dec. Method of detection & management (Dec.‟97).
Hydrocephalus . 4.
. Medical management of head injured patient (June‟05). Discuss preoperative management of cerebral AVM (Dec. June‟05). Anaesthetic problem for scoliosis surgery (June‟06).
Anaesthetic consideration of cervical meningomyelocele.‟96). 2. Monitoring & control of raised ICP in head injury (Dec.
Glasgow coma scale (SN) (Dec. ‟06). 6. Discuss criteria & neurological tests for brainstem death & preparing the patient for organ donation (June „05).‟05). What is cerebral protection? Explain the methods adopted in clinical practice for the cerebral protection.
9.Discuss its various methods of management (Dec. 2000).
12. 8. dysfunction posted for abdominal
Preoperative assessment of autonomic dysfunction (Dec.‟97). Regulation of cerebral blood flow. Methods of decreasing raised ICP (2000).‟04). 10. 3. (June‟05). Describe anaesthesia & postoperative management of a patient under going intra-cervical aneurysm surgery (Dec. Neuro Anaesthesia & psychiatric diseases
1. Diabetic with autonomic hysterectomy (June‟06).
Page 15 of 33
14.‟02). Clinical & confirmatory test (Dec.
15.‟06).‟04) Supine hypotension syndrome (Dec.
Diagnostic criteria for brain death (1995.6. Resuscitation and medical management of head injury patient (1995.‟96.
Page 16 of 33
June. ‟98) 15. 6. 4. Disseminated intravascular coagulation (‟95. ‟98. (‟97. causes. 2000. ‟06) 10. Water intoxication (‟99). Dec. Definition & various methods.‟05). What are the methods adopted by the Anaesthesiologists to reduce the need for allogenic blood transfusion (June. 2000) 18. 13.7. Hyperkalemia (June. Autologous blood transfusion (Dec. Discuss the physiology of haemostasis & its significance (June. Hypokalemia (‟98. Artificial blood (Synthetic oxygen carrying Substances) (June ‟06).‟04. Dec. 14. 12.‟06). Plasma Expanders . Jan‟05). 8. Anaesthetic problems in Anaemic patient (‟98). Role of Magnesium in Anaesthesia & intensive care unit (2000. Third space loss – its importance to Anaesthesiologist (Dec. ‟06). Role of kidney in Acid base regulation (‟95.‟04. diagnosis.‟04). 7. ‟05).‟05) How does it work?
3.‟05) 2.‟06). 16. What are therapeutic used of magnesium? (Dec. Pre analytic consideration of ABG measurement (‟99). Blood Component therapy (Present trends). 11. 5.advantages & Disadvantages (‟99. ‟97). (Dec. 9. Treatment of hyper & hypokalemia. FLUID & ELECTROLYTES. Jan. BLOOD & METABOLIC DISEASES
1. 17. ‟98. June ‟05). Complications & sequel of blood transfusion (‟96.
Page 17 of 33
. (June ‟05).
Storage lesions in blood (‟95). Human Albumin. 27. 22. What are manifestations of hyponatremia & how will you treat it? (Dec. Post transfusion bleeding patients. Massive blood transfusion (‟03). 29. Merits & demerits of various synthetic colloids (Dec. 26.
Page 18 of 33
. Plasma proteins & Anaesthesia (‟99). 24. 25. 21. 28.‟06). Blood transfusion mismatches management (‟03). Clinical use of blood (‟02). Blood transfusion related diseases. Anion – Gap (Dec. 30. 20. ‟06).19. Blood loss monitoring (‟95).‟06). Anaesthetic consideration in dilutional hyponatremia (‟02). 23.
Anaesthetic consideration is a patient on pacemaker for TURP. Discuss the Anaesthetic Management (Dec. Pre-operative strategy for renal protection.‟06).‟04) What are the problems associated with anaesthesia for an elective surgery in a patient of chronic renal failure (Dec. Anaesthetic Management (Dec. (Dec. Counter-current mechanism.‟05).8.
Page 19 of 33
. A 35 yrs old patient of CRF is scheduled for renal transplantation.
3.‟05). 4. 5. Urosurgery & Anesthesia for renal disease
Pre-operative preparation of a diabetic patient with h/o bleeding esophageal varices for lino-renal shunt operation (Dec. Discuss pre-operative evaluation & anaesthetic management of this case (Dec.‟97) in anaesthesia practice.‟05). (June2000). Management of a patient who is not maintaining oxygen saturation after an elective abdominal surgery. (Dec. Preoperative preparation & risk assessment in patient with cirrhosis of liver.
Problems of laparoscopic surgery & monitoring technique used during the procedure (1997). Water & electrolyte disturbances & their pre-anaesthesia correction in small gut obstruction (1996).‟05).9. Anaesthetic consideration for chronic liver disease (Dec.
6.‟04. Anaesthetic problems in liver transplantation surgery.bilirubin 20 mg/dl) is posted for Whipple‟s procedure. A patient of obstructive jaundice (s.
9. 8. Aetiology &
10.aetiology & prevention (SN-1999).
Page 20 of 33
. 5. (June.
7. Hepato-renal syndrome management. Hepato-renal shut down .‟05). HEPATO-BILlIARY & GIT
Thyrotoxic patient for subtotal thyroidectomy (June. Extreme obesity / morbid obesity. Jan. ENDOCRINE DISEASE & NEUROMUSCULAR DISEASES
1. posted for pyelolithotomy (2000. Pathophysiology and diagnosis. Preoperative management of diabetic ketoacidosis (‟98. preparation & management of morbid obese pt. Discuss preoperative investigations. Dec. Discuss briefly the anaesthetic evaluation & preparation of patient for pheochromocytoma (‟97.
Pre-anaesthetic evaluation of thyrotoxic patients scheduled for thyroidectomy. preparation & anaesthetic management of a 50 yrs old diabetic patient presenting for an exploratory laparotomy for a lump in the abdomen (‟99). Anaesthetic management of a case of diabetes scheduled for open cholecystectomy. cardiovascular. Define morbid obesity.10.
5. Discuss preoperative evaluation. 8.
Anaesthetic Management of a case of pituitary Adenoma who is planned for excision of adenoma (Transphenoidal Hypophysectomy) (June. Discuss anaesthetic m/m of a 35 yrs old patient with pheochromocytoma scheduled for the B/L adrenalectomy (Dec.‟05).‟05). Diabetic patient with autonomic hysterectomy (June.
Page 21 of 33
. ‟04). Discuss anaesthetic technique & post
6.‟06). Anaesthetic consideration (Dec.‟04).
3.‟06). Dec. Enumerate changes in respiratory.‟06).
7. Describe preoperative evaluation & preparations of a patient of thyrotoxicosis. Obesity: Anaesthetic problems (‟97). (Dec. 4. monitoring (‟95) and clinical features (‟98) and management in a 35 years old patient for b/l adrenalectomy (Dec. Myxoedema Coma (Dec. metabolic system in obesity.‟05). Describe anaesthetic & postoperative management of such cases (‟96).‟06).‟04).‟04). neuropathy for abdominal
2. 9.‟06). (Dec.
Page 22 of 33
19. 17.‟05.‟05. predisposing factors. evaluation & Anaesthetic management of the case (‟98).Current concept & diagnosis & management. Abdominal wall (‟96).‟06). Discuss preoperative preparation.operative problems in an obese patient for repair of large ant.‟06).
13. (‟05). preparations & anaesthetic management of such case for interval appendisectomy & management of likely complications (‟98) for thymomectomy (Jan. Dec. Temperature regulation in adults. Malignant hyperthermia . (‟99) Myasthenia syndrome (June.‟05). Accidental injury to recurrent laryngeal nerve in thyroidectomy. Guideline for management of M/H during or immediately after anaesthesia. Aetiology & management of thyroid crisis (‟99).‟05). Discuss anaesthetic management of a case of myasthenia gravis scheduled for thymomectomy (June. Role of corticosteroids in the practice of anaesthesia (2000). Dec. What are myasthenia gravis & its clinical features? Discuss preoperative evaluation.
A 45 yrs old man with uncontrolled DM and mild hypertension is admitted with upper intestinal obstruction for emergency laparotomy. 18. 15. Effect of anaesthesia & surgery on immunological mechanism (‟95). diagnosis & management of malignant hyperthermia (Jan. 16.
OTHALMOLOGY & DENTAL
1. „05) AIDS & anaesthesiologists (June „05). 13. Management of an adult with smoke inhalational injury (Dec. 15. ENT. Dec. 11.
Describe the different anaesthesia techniques practiced for cataract surgery & complications (June‟06).‟06).‟99.11. (Dec. Stress & the anaesthesiologists (June‟05). „97). 3. Anaesthesia for total laryngectomy (Dec. Anaesthesia for multiple dental extraction in a child with Tatralogy of fallots (Dec. 16. Anaesthetic management of post tonsillectomy bleed (June‟06).‟04). Discuss briefly anaesthetic problem in laser surgery (Dec‟96.
Describe in detail the occupational hazards to anaesthesiologists (Dec. 12. Problems & role of anaesthetists in dental anaesthesia practice. 4. & anaesthesiologist (Dec. Anaesthesia for perforating eye injury of 3 yrs old child (Dec. Hepatitis B.‟06). Occulocardiac reflex (June‟95. Anaesthesia for squint surgery (June‟97). 9. 6.
2. 10. Problems of anaesthesia in dental chair (June‟05).‟96.
Page 23 of 33
. Discuss in brief the problem of adult patient with Down syndrome for multiple teeth extraction (June‟05).
7.‟96.‟04). Anaesthesia for laser surgery of larynx (Dec. MISCELLANEOUS.‟96).
‟98). 22. (Dec.
Increased IOP in anaesthesia practice (June‟02). What is the importance nerve in anaesthesia & techniques of monitoring? Occupational hazards for anaesthesiology (Dec. 25. Operation room safety. ‟02).‟05).
21. 27.‟03). Horner‟s syndrome (Dec. Hypersensitivity reaction in anaesthesia practice (June‟95).‟05).
Problems of micro laryngeal surgery.
Page 24 of 33
. peribulbar block. 26.
Anaesthetic management of laser surgery in tracheo bronchial tract. Anaphylactic reaction in operation theatre (Dec.‟99. Merits and demerits of retro &
19. Discuss the anatomy of larynx with difference between adult & children. Peribulbar block (Dec.
2. Discuss anaesthetic problem. Fat embolism syndrome.
6. Discuss preoperative preparation.‟02).
Anaesthetic consideration in a patient for surgery of # NOF. She is scheduled for anterolateral decompression surgery. A female patient of 32 yrs age. 10.
4. pathophysiology. aetiology.
11.‟02) Minimal moulding in scoliosis. Problem encountered by anaesthetist during orthopaedic procedures (June‟05). with 5 months amenorrhoea suffered from Koch‟s mid dorsal spine developed paraplegia.
12. Assessment of an adult patient suffered multiple traumas for few hours duration (Dec.
9.‟96). Stress response in trauma & surgery patient (June‟06).
Resuscitation of head injury patient (June‟95).
Page 25 of 33
14. Discuss diagnosis & treatment (Dec. Embolism during Anaesthesia (June‟98). 7.12. pre-operative preparation and anaesthetic management of a case posted for correction of kyphoscoliosis or scoliosis surgery (June‟95. 13. What are the indications & contraindications for use of arterial tourniquet? What complications may arise from the use of such tourniquet (June‟05). ORTHOPEDIC ANAESTHESIA & TRAUMA
1. role of anaesthetist in resuscitation of trauma patient (June‟06). (Dec. Anaesthetic problems of total hip replacement in elderly patients (Dec.
3.‟04).‟06). Golden hour. anaesthetic management & post-operative care (Dec. Anaesthetic management of a patient of head injury and pneumocephalus posted for internal fixation of # femur.‟05).
15. 16. anaesthetic management (Dec. Risk factor for venous thromboembolism & classify current method of prevention with example (Dec. An 86 yrs old patient scheduled for ORIF of subtrochanteric # femur. Discuss preoperative evaluation.
Pre-hospital trauma case. 2000). „06).‟05).
17. (Recent adv.
Page 26 of 33
(1996). Anaesthetic management of emergency appendisectomy in a 16 weeks pregnant patient (June 2005).
Role of anaesthesiologist in obstetric unit (Dec. with eclampsia / pre-eclamptic toxaemia (1996). Diagnosis & Management (1996).13. NEONATAL & PAEDIATRIC ANAESTHESIA
Page 27 of 33
. Discuss the pathophysiological changes in pre-eclampsia & eclampsia. complication & anaesthetic management in pt. 3. 2005). 7.
Aspiration Prophylaxis in obstetrics (1999). clinical Mendelson‟s syndrome.
9. OBSTETRIC ANAESTHESIA
1. Difficult intubation in obese & pregnant (2003).
12. 14. features & management of
4. HELLP syndrome (Dec. 2005). June 2006). Describe innervation of Female genital tract with diagram & discuss methods of producing painless labour (June 2006). Anaesthesia for a pregnant women for non obstetric Surgery (Dec. 2005). Discuss pathogenesis. A 25 yrs primigravida with severe PIH (BP 200/110) posted for elective LSCS. CPR in pregnant patients (2002). Discuss problems involved & anaesthetic management (2000).2004.
14. for emergency caesarean section (1997). Discuss problems.
6. Regional Vs GA in obstetric surgery (Dec. Problem & management of pregnant patient with dilated cardiomyopathy on treatment for emergency LSCS (June 2005). Discuss your choice of anaesthetic technique for such a pt. 2.
8. 13. Laparoscopic surgery in pregnant patient (June 2006).
4. Regulation of body temperature (1996). Anaesthetic problem of repair of congenital diaphragmatic hernia in neonate (Dec.
6. 20. 7. Post-operative analgesia in children for inguinal hernia (1998). Post-operative analgesia in an infant for circumcision (1997). Heat loss during abdominal surgery in a new born child. 5. Spinal anaesthesia in children (June.‟06).
A neonate for repair of cervical meningo-myelocele. Regional analgesia in children (June. (Dec. Pre-operative management of gastroschiasis.
18. Anaesthetic implications in neo-natal anaesthesia (June‟05). 1999). 12. meningomyelocele (Dec.
3.1. Post operative analgesia in paediatric patients (1998. Dec.‟97. 16.‟04). Anaesthetic management of a 2 days old neonate for primary repair of Tracheo-esophageal fistula (2003). Dec. Multiple injury of a 10 yrs old child (2003). Dec‟04).
19.‟04). Illustrate with diagram of foetal circulation & delineate the differences from adult circulation (Dec.
10.‟05) Pre-operative operation fluid requirement in small paediatric patients– (10 days old child).‟07).‟05.‟06) Pre-operative consideration in paediatric patients (June. Discuss anaesthetic & postoperative pain management (June. 15. Temperature regulation in neonate & prevention of hypothermia in neonate during peri-operative period.
Page 28 of 33
. Anaesthetic consideration (‟06). 10 months old baby for hernia repair.‟05).
Paediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Foreign body removal of 2 yrs old child from left bronchus – anaesthetic management (dec. 24.‟02). A 10 yrs old child suffering from TOF is diagnosed to have brain abscess.21. Outline the peri-operative management (1998).
Page 29 of 33
. 23. Anaesthetic management of a child with retropharyngeal abscess presenting for surgical drainage (1995).
2. ANAESTHESIA FOR REMOTE PLACES & DAY CARE
1.‟98).‟02). 8. Anaesthesia for day case surgery (June‟99.
9. 12. 7. Regional anaesthesia for day care surgery (June‟06).‟04. Anaesthesia for radiotherapy (June‟97).‟04) Patients selection in day care surgeries.‟05). Indications. 10. Monitored Anaesthesia care in a 75 yrs old patients with IHD for cataract surgery (Dec. 4. 11.
13. 6.‟06). preparation & performing the procedure. Monitored care anaesthesia (June‟97.‟98).
Page 30 of 33
. 5.‟06). Anaesthesia for cardio version (Dec. Fast track technique. 80 yrs old pt (Dec. Discharge criteria for day care surgery (June‟97. 2000) Criteria for recovery from anaesthesia in day care surgery (Dec. Anaesthesia consideration (June‟06) Anaesthesia for electro convulsive therapy (June‟06).
What are the problems in monitoring an anaesthesia patient in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (Dec. Dec.
8. 40% burn (June‟97) Role of Kidney in Acid-Base regulation (June‟06). what are the causes & preventive measures (Dec.‟05). uses & complications (June‟05). PEEP & its application in modern ventilation (Dec.2005 (June‟95. Applied physiology of IPPV (Dec. 11.‟99) The role of selection in intensive care unit patient (June‟05). 12. Dec.‟05).‟04). POSTOP & BURN
1. 5. Resuscitation of 60% burn in an adult patients (June‟06). Recent advances in CPR (Dec. 14. 9.
6.‟04. Pathogenesis. Newer modes of ventilation (June‟96. Clinical manifestation & management of anaphylactic reaction in anaesthesia practice (June‟95.‟06. Discuss PEEP its mechanism of action. Oxygen toxicity (Dec.
Page 31 of 33
4.‟05).‟04). Diagnosis & management of ARDS (Dec. CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE. Discuss the ventilatory management of ARDS (Dec.
7.‟99. Anaphylactic reaction in OT.
Role of ultrasound in anaesthesia & intensive care medicine & explain usefulness of TEE in cardiac surgery (Dec.‟06) Recent advances in the management of acute lung Injury (Dec.‟04). Dec. EMERGENCIES. 15.‟05). Role of vasopressors in septic shock (Dec.
10.‟05).16. (Dec.‟05) Current Concept & modified guidelines MCPR .‟04). Ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP).
3. Indications & hazards of parenteral nutrition (Dec.‟97) Risk factors for venous thromboembolism & Classify the current method of prevention with examples (Dec.
Postoperative hypoxia. 19. Weaning criteria in a COPD patient on ventilator (Dec. risk factors & management ( Dec.2000). 33. 35.‟98.‟95.‟97) Long term ventilation & its complication (Dec. 21. 20. 27. 29. 25. 34. Dec. Muscle relaxation in ICU (Dec.‟97. Transmission precaution against HIV in hospital setting (June‟95). IV alimentation in ICU (Dec.
23. 30. Apache score (Dec.‟98). Postoperative nausea and vomiting (June‟96).
Total parenteral nutrition (June‟96. Management of pulmonary hypertension (June‟98) Write briefly on newer modes of ventilation.‟98).
26.‟99) Role of nitric oxide the ICU (June‟99). 31. Pressure controlled ventilation (Dec.
Page 32 of 33
. Care of organophosphorus poisoning in ICU (Dec. 32. in clinical practice (Dec.‟97) Advance life support (Dec.‟96). 22.‟99) Factors inflecting tissue oxygenation (Dec.‟06) Inverse ratio ventilation (Dec. Discuss each of this ventilatory modality with reference to established case of ARDS.‟06).‟06).17.‟98). Dec. 18. Iatrogenic complications of anaesthesia (June‟97).
24. Volutrauma (June‟95). its causes. prophylaxis & management (June‟95.‟06).2000).
Weaning modes of ventilation (Dec.
40. Postoperative elective ventilation (Dec. 41.‟06) Causes of delayed resumption of spontaneous ventilation after abdominal surgery? Discuss problem and its diagnosis and management (June‟05). Oxygen therapy in postoperative period (June‟98) Discuss the pathophysiology. Discuss pathophysiology & management of inhalational injury (June‟98. preventive & corrective measures of irreversible shock (Dec. Possible causes of delayed recovery from anaesthesia (Dec. Mandatory minute ventilation (June‟95).
Basic life support (BLS) in an adult in emergency department in a state of cardiac arrest (Dec.‟97) Oxygen therapy (June‟97).
44. Discuss management of an unconscious patient (young) with history of drowning (June‟06). 42.
39. Discuss management of a patient of “snake bite” (Dec.
37.‟05). Recombinant factor-VII a (Dec. Dec.
Page 33 of 33
. What are the criteria for diagnosis of SIRS? Discuss principles of management in a patients of septic shock admitted in ICU (Dec.36. Management of a patient who is not maintaining O2 saturation after an elective abdominal surgery (Dec.
38.‟03) Causes & management of post anaesthesia shivering (Dec.‟04) Crystalloid & colloids (Dec.‟04) Post-operative pulmonary complication (June‟06). 43. 49.