This is transcribed from the owners handbook.
I can add the illustrations if anyone needs them but it's not really necessary.
PIN (Personal Identification Number) TYPE KEYLESS ENTRY
This system is designed so that should you leave your key inside the vehicle you can open the driver’s door by recording a secret 4 digit number into the memory of the vehicles locking system. This numbers is recorded and entered by lifting the outside driver’s door handle to the number recorded in the system.
To record your PIN into the system:
First you must put the system into recording mode...
1. Unlock all the doors. 2. Lift the outside handle and hold it for over 6 seconds until a buzzer starts to sound 3. While the buzzer is sounding pointing the infrared key at the spot lamp sensor will stop the buzzer. Now the system is ready for the programming of your PIN. (A buzzer will sound for 30 sec). (For BH/BE press unlock on the original key.)
Recording your PIN:
1. Place your own PIN into the system the same way as in the example below. 2. When the buzzer starts to beep you must reprogram the same number into the system within 30 seconds. 3. When the buzzer makes a long sound (around 1 second) the programming is finished.
0000. From now on until a new number is programmed the keyless entry system will be non-operational. When using a 0 in your PIN you must lift the door handle 10 times.
4. Entering the numbers 2222 will automatically cancel the system.￼
PIN recording points:
3. When programming a new number into the system make sure the doors are unlocked. Then you can reprogram from the start again. release the handle and wait for 5 seconds and then try from the beginning again. to cancel this number you must follow the same steps as in the 'putting the system into recording mode' above. Should you make a mistake when trying to open the door with this system.
. after which the system will shut down for 5 minutes and a buzzer will sound. Should you program the wrong PIN into the system. The system will allow 5 mistakes. 2222-9999 & 1234 are considered too easy to guess so they are not allowed. (this only applies in recording mode).
5. 1111. except the doors must be locked.