This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
This music list for suggestopedia was originally published in "The Foreign Language Teacher's Suggestopedic Manual" (Lozanov, G & Gateva, E. 1988) and was later copied in "Suggestopedia - Desuggestive Teaching (Communicative Method on The Level of The Hidden Reserves of The Human Mind)"(Lozanov. G. 2005).
Music marked with alphabetic character "A" are selected for the Active Concert Reading sessions, and "B" are for the Passive Concert Reading sessions. Numbers from 1 to 10 indicate progressive order of the sessions. However they don't necessarily reflect the real chapters of the language textbook used in the course All music in the list has been selected through the researches on the music's psychological and physiological effects on students. Those researches were conducted through 1970s and 80s by Gateva under the supervision of Lozanov. The list seen below includes some corrections made by the author of this page. They are:
• • •
Beethoven's "Emperor" concerto in the session #5 now appears with the correct key, 'E-flat'. J.S. Bach's organ music series originally appears in the publication just as "Dogmatic Chorales" now appears on this page as "Chorals du Dogme" with the series's BWV ID numbers, "BWV 669 - 679" in the session #2, and "WWV 680 - 689" in the session #9. F. Couperin's harpsichord music in the session #8 appears here with the original French names of the music suites that they are part of.
Music list for adult class
1. A: W. A. Mozart, Concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 5 in A major. A (alternative): W. A. Mozart, Symphony No. 29 in A major KV 201. A (alternative): W. A. Mozart, Symphony No. 40 in G minor KV 550. B: J.S. Bach, Fantasies for organ in G Major BWV 572. B (alternative): J.S. Bach, Fantasies for organ in C minor BWV 562.
2. A: J. Haydn, Concerto for Violin and String Orchestra No. 1 in C major. A (alternative): J. Haydn, Concerto for Violin and String Orchestra No. 2 in G major. B: J.S. Bach, Prelude and Fugue in G Major BWV 541. B (alternative): J.S. Bach, Chorals du Dogme BWV 669 - 679.
3. A: W. A. Mozart, Symphony in D major "Haffner" KV 385. A (alternative): W. A. Mozart, Symphony in D Major "Prague" KV 504. B: G. Handel, Concerto for Organ and Orchestra in C-flat major, op. 7, No. 6.
4. A: J. Haydn, Symphony in C Major No. 101 "The Clock" A (alternative): J. Haydn, Symphony in G Major No. 94. B: A. Corelli, Concerti Grossi, Op. 6, Nos. 4, 10, 11, 12.
5. A: L.V. Beethoven, Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in E-flat major No. 5 "Emperor". B: Antonio Vivaldi, Five Concerti for Flute and Chamber Orchestra.
6. A: L.V. Beethoven, Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D major, op. 61. B: A. Correlli, Concerti Grossi, Op. 6, Nos. 2, 8, 5, 9.
7. A: P.I. Tchaikovsky, Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor for Piano and Orchestra. B: G.F. Handel, Water Music Suits.
8. A: J. Brahms, Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D major, op. 77. B: F. Couperin, Le Parnasse ou l'apothéose de Corelli (in Les "Apothéoses" Suites en Trio), "l'Astree" (in Sonates en Trio). B (alternative): J. P. Rameau, Pieces de Clavecin No. 1 and 5.
9. A: P.I. Tchaikovsky, Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D major op. 35. B: J.S. Bach, Chorals du Dogme, BWV 680 - 689. B (alternative): J.S. Bach, Fugue in E-flat major, BWV 552.
10. A: W. A. Mozart, Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 18 in B-flat major. A (alternative): W. A. Mozart, Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 23 in A major. B: A. Vivaldi, The Four Seasons. Any comments to Kaz Hagiwara (K.Hagiwara@griffith.edu.au)