This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
• Central point of BW administration and control
− Scheduling data load − BW Design − Maintenance − Administration
− Executing data load
− Monitoring data load − Monitoring update process
Administrator Workbench Features
• Design/Maintenance of Data Warehouse
• Logical source systems • InfoObjects with master data, hierarchies, etc. • InfoSources • ODS • InfoCubes and Aggregates • Assignment of InfoSources to InfoCubes
• Scheduling of extract jobs • Grouping of extract jobs
• Monitoring of transfer and update • Status display and load statistics
Administrator Workbench Other Functions
• Activate BW Business Content • Monitor Data Staging activities • Maintain Master Data (texts, attributes, hierarchies) • Define and Maintain Data Providers (InfoCubes, ODS) • Check, Delete or Recreate Indices • Rebuild InfoCube • Compress InfoCube • Analyze InfoCube Status • Reporting Agent (off-line reporting, exceptions etc.)
• All systems which provide data for extraction into Business Information Warehouse • Types of Source Systems • SAP Components • External Source Systems (Non-SAP Systems, Flat Files, Data Provider) • Other BW systems • Data is extracted from the Source System and transferred using the DataSource into the InfoSource
• Supplies BW with Source System data that logically belongs together from a business point of view. • Types of InfoSources: • Transaction Data • Master Data: Attributes, Texts, Hierarchies • Communication structures are generated from the InfoSource. • Transfer structures and transfer rules are generated from the combination of InfoSource, Source System and DataSource.
DataSource and InfoSource
BW Server ODS and/or InfoCubes
Flat File Source System
Creating Transfer Structure and Rules
InfoSource COSTCTR00_ATTR Communication Structure InfoObject 0CO_AREA
GR00 Cost Center 13 Char
Controlling Area GR00 Cost Center 13 Ch.
Status Type Length …..
CHAR 4 CHAR 13 CUKY 5 CHAR 20 Transfer Method
0OBJ_CURR Object Currency 0RESP_PERS Person Responsible
Source System DataSource
PC_File - PC- File COSTCTR00_ATTR
Assign InfoObject - Field
Communication Str/Transfer Rules
InfoObject 0CO_AREA COSTCTR00 0OBJ_CURR 0RESP_PERS 0BUS_AREA
Tp Rule 0CO_AREA COSTCTR00 0OBJ_CURR 0RESP_PERS 0BUS_AREA
InfoObject Field 0CO_AREA CO_AREA COSTCTR00 COSTCENTER 0OBJ_CURR OBJ_CURR 0RESP_PERS RESP_PERS 0BUS_AREA BUS_AREA
Start Routine – Available for Transfer and Update Rules
When updating, the Start Routine is called at first The Start Routine is a user exit where you can write ABAP code Within the routine you have access to the whole data package You create your initializations here - to fill the global variables and the buffer of the update program
Global variables - buffer of the Update Program
Write to buffer Start
Start Routine Steps of the Update Process (routines, moves, reading of master data, ...)
Read from and Write to buffer End
Characteristic Constant or Initialization
For characteristic update rules, it is easy to specify that the characteristic value should take on either a constant value or be initialized.
Char._______ Cost element Source Source char. Cost element Constant 001/400020 Master data attrib. of Routine Init. value