This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Hamid Ali Baloch
Department of Balochi Language and Literature, University of Balochistan, Sariab Road, Quetta. Cell No: 03325337818 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Skype id: professorbaloch __________________________________________________________________________
Lecturer, In the Department of Balochi Language and Literature, University of Balochistan, Quetta
Affiliated with the department of Balochi, University of Balochistan, Quetta and teaching Balochi language and Linguistics from 2008 and till now
2012 M.Phil "Dialects of the Balochi Language in Pakistani Balochistan." 2012 M. A English 2006 M. A Balochi 2002 M. Sc Botany 1999 B.Sc ( Zoology, Botany, Chemistry)
Ms Words, Ms Excel, Power Point, Urdu Inpage, Photo Shop, Coral, Multimedia and Projector usage.
Balochi: Mother tongue Brahui: Read, write and speak fluently Urdu: Read, write and speak fluently English: Read and write well and speak fluently Persian: Read, write and speak Hindi: Read, Write and Speak
Teaching Experience: 2008-2013 Teaching the Balochi Language and Linguistics in the Department of
Balochi, University of Balochistan, Quetta
English language teacher in Challenger and Ideal Language centers Botany, Balochi and English language courses taught to the PCS and CSS students.
Balochi language evening courses taught to Students of B. classes at the University of Balochistan.
2003-2004 Senior Subject Teacher (SST) in different High Schools of district Kech
Senior Subject Teacher at OPF High School district Kech Senior Subject teacher at Ta'meer-e-Millat High School, District Kech.
1. Linguistics: especially in the field of dialectology, language diversity, Lexicography and Etymology. 2. Sociolinguistics and language change
1. Kifayat Karar: his life and Poetry. Paper presented on the death anniversary of Kifayat Karar at Noushki, on 29th May, 2013. 2. Mir Aqil Khan Mengal: the Balochi Linguist and Critics. Paper presented in a Seminar at Noshki on 25th April 2013. 3. Zubānānī bindāi jēŗah (fundamental issues of different languages) Mahtāk
Balochi, August 2006, Quetta. 4. Balochi Gālband (Balochi idioms), Mahtāk Balochi, 2008 (in five parts). 3. Balochāni Šēr gōnagēn Rāhdarbar (the lion-like leader of the Baloch), Mahtāk Balochi Zind, 2006. 4. Balochi o Nōkēn Fārsi ay Rājdaptarī Arzišt ( Historical importance of Balochi and New Persian), Mahtāk Balochi Gwānk, 2009. 5. Balochi Zubān e nibišta rahband (Orthographic System of the Balochi Language), Annual Research Journal Hanken,from the Department of Balochi, Faculty of Languages and Literature, University of Balochistan, Quetta. 6. Balochi Gālwār o tawār zāntī (the Balochi dialects and Phonology) Translated from the Book “Standardization and Orthography in the Balochi Language”, Mahtāk Balochi Gwaank, 2009 7. Mazan Dilēn Mardum Sakkēn Sāhatān Ham Gwaazen ant (tough time never last tough time do), Monthly Balochi Zind, 2006 8. Balochi o Sanskrit ay hamgōnagi (similarities between the Balochi and Sanskrit), monthly Balochi, Gwānk April, 2011.
9. Socio-linguistic contact and the Providence of the Balochi language in Modern Times. Annual Research Journal “Hankēn “from the Department of Balochi, Faculty of Languages and Literature, 2011 10. “A phonological study of Modern Persian and Balochi” Journal of Balochistan Review, Balochistan Studies center, University of Balochistan, Quetta 11. “Swāstika: A symbol of Peace and Enlightenment in the Baloch Society " Annual Research Journal HANKEN, from the Department of Balochi, Faculty of Languages and Literature, University of Balochistan, Quetta 12. Nako Faizuk: A renowned Singer of the Balochi musical world. www.scribd.com and www.balochilinguist.wordpress.com 13. Noor Khan Bezenjo: A renowned Balochi Singer. www.scribd.com and www.balochilinguist.wordpress.com 14. My heart simmers up like a Cauldron: A backdrop of Elegiac poetry in the Balochi Literature. Annual Research Journal Hanken, 2012. Faculty of Languages and Literature, University of Balochistan, Quetta 15. Balochistaniyat 2011:"The Balochi Phonology", Annual Research Journal, From Balochi Academy, Quetta.
1. Student Workbook and Vocabulary Templates in Balochi, Transparent language, 2012.USA. 2. Co-principal Investigator, "Balochi Folk Literature and Translations" Department of Balochi, University of Balochistan, 2011, sponsored by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. 3. Text translator of Balochi-English from the University of Maryland, USA, 2009-2010.
4. Video Learning Object Templates Project (VLOTP) for Balochi, 2011, the University of Maryland, USA. 5. Video Learning Object Templates Project for an indigenous NGO situated in Quetta. 6. Worked as PC1 writer in different local NGOs 2011-2013. 7. Balochi Language Course, Student Workbook and Vocabulary Templates, Transparent Language, Nausha, USA. 8. Text, Translations, and Glossary Reviewer of the Brahui Project, 2011-2012, the University of Maryland, USA. 9. Balochi, Brahui and Dari Persian text and audio translator at
translationary.com 2013 and 2013. 10. Cultural Diversity, Solidarity and Integrity in Pakistan, HEC Project in collaboration with Balochistan Study Center, University of Balochistan, Quetta. 11. Primary Courses of the Balochi Language for Primary Schools, from Balochi Academy, Quetta, 2012-2013(still going on).
Conferences/ Seminars and Workshops:
1. International Conference on " Sachal Sarmat" at Khairpur, Sindh on 25July27July, 2013. 2. Seminar on the death anniversary of the Balochi poet "Kifayat Karar". A paper was presented over the Balochi poetry of Kifayat Karar, on 29th May, 2013. 3. Noshki: Literature, Culture and History. One day Seminar was attended on 25th, April 2013, and delivered a paper over the life and linguistic works of the great Balochi linguist, Mir Aqil Khan Mengal. 4. Member of the Organizing Committee, One Day Seminar , Research Project for " Balochi Literature, Anthology and Translation", 27th November, 2012. 5. Seminar on the inauguration on the Balochi Novel” shaal e gulen Bazaar” by Muneer Ahmad Badini at Idara –e- Saqafat, Quetta
6. Seminar on the inauguration of the Book “ Shepherds of Koh-eSulaiman”Balochi Acakemy Quetta. 7. Seminar on the travelogue of Kifayat Karar “ Šab jā –e- ke man būdam” at Noshki, Balochistan, 2010. 8. 2nd International Balochi Language Conference July, 2011, at Quetta Hotel Sarina. 9. Seminar on the "Baloch Culture" 3rd March, 2011, at the University of Balochistan. 10. Two Days Workshop on "The Balochi Orthographic system and spelling issues" 5th March 2011, Karachi, in Co-operation with National Institute of Applied Linguistics Karachi. 11. Dozens of Video conferences were attended in collaboration with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, at the University of Balochistan.
1. NCS Training during College 2. One week training from the Higher Education Commission, 2009 3. Two months training from the Higher Education Commission Pakistan, 2010. 4. English Language training from FTDC University of Balochistan, Quetta. 2011 5. One Day Training Workshop on " GENDER SENSITIZATION" with Teaching Faculty Members of the University of Balochistan, Nov.8th,2012, in cooperation with Gender Equality Program of Aurat Foundation and USAID.
Member of Academies:
1. 2. 3. 4. Member of the Orthographic Committee of Balochi Academy, Quetta Member of Balochistan, Academy, Turbat (1996-1999) President of Balochistan Academy Sámi Branch (1998-2000) Member of Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, Turbat Branch (19961998) 5. Member of Society for Iranian Linguistics
6. 7. 8. 9.
Member of the Balochi Academy, Quetta Member of the Academic Council, University of Balochistan, Quetta Member of Syed Hashmi Reference Library, Malir Karachi. Member of the Executive Board of "Encyclopedia Balochistanica". A 20 years' Encyclopedia project of the Syed Hashmi Reference Library, Malir, Karachi.
Member of the International Conference Board of the Balochi Academy, Quetta.
Member of the Balochi Course content, Balochi Academy, Quetta.
1. Member of Vigilance committee of the University Examination, at the University of Balochistan, Quetta. 2. Centers' Inspectors of Graduation (B.A & B.Sc) Exams in Panjgoor, Kech and Gwadar and Quetta. 3. Rendered services as Superintendent of M.A/M.Sc , B.A, B.Sc and Law Exams from 2009-2012 at Law College and the University of Balochistan. 4. Worked as Superintendent of Medical Exams at the University of Balochistan.
M. A Students' Research Supervision:
1. 2. 3. Take classes of Research Methodology of M.A students. Research supervision of M. A Students' thesis and Research paper writing. To deal the students' affair in the Department of Balochi.
Proposal and PC1 writing in the Department of Balochi:
1. PC1 and Proposal writing to the Higher Education Commission from the Department of Balochi, University of Balochistan, Quetta. 2. Proposal wrote for the "Gul Khan Naseer Chair" and approved by the University of Balochistan.
3. Proposal wrote to recommend and nominate the Balochi Department library to " Mir Aqil Khan Mengal Memorial Library". 4. Proposal wrote for the establishment of Archaeology Department at the University of Balochistan, Quetta. 5. Designed M.Phil and PhD Courses in 2011. 6. Proposal wrote to establish the Balochi Chair at the University of Peshawar. 7. Proposal wrote to establish the Department of Balochi at Zahidan University, Iran, in Collaboration with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, Islamabad. 8. Proposal wrote to Director of Linkages of the University of Balochistan to open a Balochi chair at the University of Poland, while previously an MoU was signed by the University of Balochistan and Polish Consulate. 9. Suggestions to design the Diploma courses for Balochi, in Sindhi Department at the University of Karachi.
Gold Medals and Awards:
1. Gold medal obtained from the Government of Balochistan, getting the first position in the Middle Schools exam throughout Mekran. 1994 2. Best teachers’ prize in the Government High School Sami, district Kech, 2004. 3. The third prize of a debate conducted in Government Degree College Turbat in1997
1. Sub-editor, Annual Research Journal "Balochistaniyat", Balochi Academy, Quetta. 2. Sub editor, Annual Research Journal Hanken, from the Department of Balochi , Faculty of Languages and Literature, University of Balochistan, Quetta. 3. Member of Editorial Board, Monthly Magazine “Gidrosia” Quetta. 4. Member of Editorial Board, Monthly Magazine “Gwaank” Gwadar.
5. Member of Editorail Board, quarterly " Tehzeeb –e- Balochistan" Sibi, Balochistan.
Dictionaries and Books:
(Ready to be published) a. 1. 2. 3. Dictionaries: Balochi- English Dictionary Pahlavi-Balochi Dictionary A dictionary of Balochi Idioms
b. Translated Books: 1. "Standardization and Orthography in the Balochi Language" Carina Jahani, translated into Balochi, not yet published. 2. " The Balochi Language: A Dialectology with Texts, Josef Elfenbein, translated into Balochi, not yet published c. Books: 1. " āqil Nāmag", a compiled book of the articles of Mir Aqil Khan Mengal. 2. "Balochi Zubān ay āqibat", compilation of Balochi language and linguistics articles. The first and second volumes were compiled by Prof. Ghulam Hussain Saba Dashtiyari, and were published from Syed Hashmi Reference Library, Malir Karachi.
Referees: 1. Prof. Dr. Abdul Razzaq Sabir, Vice-Chancellor, University of Turbat, Mekran, Balochistan. Cell No: 03337803465 Email: email@example.com
2. Prof. Dr. Abdul Hameed Shahwani Director, Balochistan Studies Center, University of Balochistan,
Quetta Cell No: 03337805469 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Prof. Munir Ahmad Gichki, Director, Area Study Center, University of Balochistan, Quetta. Cell No: 03332623912
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?