This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Objective: To analyse the impact of advertisement on buying habit of consumer in Detergent Industry
Appendix # 1
Category -A Demographic Profile:
Age -Sex -- M Occupation -Family members -Annual Salary (Aprx) -Education -F
Category – B General
1. From where do you purchase grocery? (Tick one) Nearby Kirana Store Shopping Mall Wholesaler Any Other – Please specify __________________ 2 3 4 Who in the family purchase Grocery? Specify ______________________ Do you watch television? Yes No Time of watching Television (Tick your choices) Time 8-12 am 12 afternoon – 4 pm 4 pm – 8 pm 8 pm – 12 pm Late night Response
Do you skip commercials break on television? (Tick one) Regularly Sometimes No
Which type of commercials do you like to see? (Tick your choices) Animated Having Celebrity/stars Emotional Comedy Serious
Appendix # 2
Category -A General Attitude
1. Which Detergent do you use? Specify ______________________ • Why do you prefer the above Brand? Which factor influence your buying habit more rank them According to most influencing (1), influencing (2), don’t influence (3)
Brand name Quality Quantity Price factor Due to mouth publicity by neighbours & Friends By viewing Advertisements( television, hoardings, radio etc) By demand of maid and servant
2. When looking at an advertisement, which types of advertising messages do you
prefer? Please tick mark the respective box which represents your degree of agreement with each of the items in the tables below.
Using Celebrity Present product features & functions clearly Present professional test Showing social life and relationship Showing creative design More suitable for localized advertising style More suitable to remain foreign style
Not quite Suitable
Not Suitable At all
3. Which kind of media do you consider are more believable for FMCG products? Please tick as many as you want as long as you believe it is a trustable source for this particular product categories.
Television Newspaper Magazine Radio Internet Mouth publicity (Friends and Family)
Response (Tick )
Category - B Agreement Questions
3. How do you agree to these statements which describe advertising nowadays? Please tick the box to indicate your degree of agreement for each statement below.
Statement Strongly Agree Agree Disagree Strongly Disagree
Do you think advertisement makes a strong perception about that product in your mind?
Do you think the attributes about a product shown in advertisement are true Do you think use of Celebrities in the commercials effect your buying decision
Category - C (Ranking) Buying Behaviour
On the next stage you will be asked to complete 9 sentences. Each has four endings. Please rank the endings for each sentence according to how well you think each one fits with you. For example, if ask "when I learn, I learn by: thinking (2), watching (3), feeling(4), doing(1)." That indicates when I learn, I learn by doing at most of time, and rarely by feeling. Try to recall some recent situations where you had to learn something new, for instance, learn knowledge in the class, or know a new product from advertisement.
1. When I learn I like to think about ideas I like to be doing things I like to watch and listen I like to deal with my feelings 2. I learn best when I rely on logical thinking I work hard to get things done I trust my hunches and feelings I listen and watch carefully 3. When I am learning I like to ask why I like to find answers by myself I have strong feeling and reactions I am quiet and reserved 4. When I see an advertisement I get involved I like to observe I like to be active I evaluate things 5. When I am watching an advertisement I am a responsible person I am a reserved person
I am a rational person I am an accepting person 6. I believe an advertisement when I feel personally involved and like it I believe the idea it tells theoretically I will try things out for myself I like to see results from my research 7. when I buy I am open to new experiences I always try new things when available I look at all sides of issues I like to analysis the reasons, break them down into their parts 8. When I am making buying decision I am an intuitive person, I trust my first sight I am an observing person, I like to walk around I am an active person, I will just buy what I want I am a logical person, I seldom believe others saying about the product 9. I believe it is a good product when By viewing Advertisements Observation of others using this product Friends or family tell me it is a good product