This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
http://hackmaster.in/blog adarshaj[at]gmail.com, adarshaj[at]cse.iitk.ac.in Permanent Address: Current Address: No.1, Lakshmi Nilaya, C-117, Hall 4, Scout camp Road, Near Railway Station circle, IIT Kanpur, Doddaballapur, Bangalore Rural - 561203 (INDIA) Kanpur - 208016 (INDIA) home : +91 80 27628646 mobile : +91 89 60 44 2021
Year 2012 2010 2006 2004
Degree Masters Degree(CSE) Bachelors Degree(CSE) XII X
Institution(Board) Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore(V.T.U.) Vijaya Main PU College, RV Road, Bangalore(Karnataka PU Board) Bangalore Higher Secondary School, Bangalore(K.S.E.E.B.)
CGPA/% 8.0/10.0 77.86% 89.16% 92.48%
• Achieved 99.72 percentile with an All India Rank of 294 in GATE’10. • Adjudged as the “Best Performer” and awarded Best Overall outgoing UG Student from Department of Computer Science, MSRIT for the batch of 2010. • Awarded “Best Achiever” in Academics and Co-curricular at College level from MSRIT for the batch of 2010. • Awarded “Best Project” for the Bachelors’ ﬁnal year project, “DeSparsha : A Framework for Graphical Applications Development” from MSRIT Alumni Association for the year of 2010. • Awarded merit certiﬁcate for highest aggregate marks in 12th (PCMCs) by State Bank of India Oﬃcers’ Association. Re-engineering of TransCrypt - A secure enterprise ﬁlesystem Advisors: Dr. Dheeraj Sanghi and Dr. Rajat Moona, IITK January 2011 - present • Completely re-design and Implement the TransCrypt ﬁlesystem on Linux.
DeSparsha : A Framework for Graphical Applications Development(team of 4) Under Dr. KG Srinivasa, MSRIT January 2010 - June 2010 • It provides a developers’ library for integrating gesture based interface for their applications (in C++). • Adjudged as the Best Project of the year 2010 in MSRIT. • Technologies used: OpenCV and OpenGL. Implemented in C++. WebNUM : Web Based Network Usage Monitor(team of 4) Advisor: Dr. KG Srinivasa, MSRIT October 2009 - November 2009 • A web interface to manage and visualize the network traﬃc. • Technologies used: SNMP and RRDtool. Implemented in PHP and backed with shell scripts. • Stood 2nd place at SUN Project showcase in MSRIT. MazeWalker : First-person 3D maze ﬁnder game(team of 2) Advisor: Associate Prof. Seema S, MSRIT January 2009 - June 2009 • A 3D Game implemented using OpenGL and OpenAL. • Technologies used: OpenGL. Implemented in C++.
Key Academic Projects
HAFTA : Hassle Free Travel Assistant(team of 2) Advisors: Dr. Sanjeev K Aggarwal and Dr. Rajat Moona, IITK
February 2011 - May 2011
• Automation of the fare collection for the travelled distance in public transport.
• • • •
Uses GPS based triangulation. Cashless hassle free e-cash ticketing. Smart card for secure transactions. Technologies used: Smart card OS (SCOSTA), pyscard and GPSd. Impelemented in Python.
TicTacToe - An implementation in Haskell(team of 2) Advisor: Dr. Amey Karkare, IITK September 2010 - November 2010 • This game was implemented to learn the features of functional programming, haskell in speciﬁc. • Implemented in Haskell.
• Masters’ courses: – Fundamentals for CSE - Mathematics for CS, Algorithms. – Advanced Topics in Algorithms and Data Structures. – Computer System Security. – Functional Programming. – Advanced topics in Embedded Systems. – Software Architecture. • Bachelors courses: – Engineering Mathematics. – Discrete Mathematical Structures. – Data Structures with C. – Unix and Shell Programming. – Analysis and Design of Algorithms. – Object C++. Oriented Programming with – Unix systems Programming. – Computer Graphics and Visualization. – Compiler Design. – Programming the Web. – Embedded Computing Systems. – Advanced Computer Architecture. – Computer Networks. – Computer Organization. – Web 2.0 & Rich Internet Application – Adhoc networks.
– Graph Theory and Combinatorics. – Software Engineering. – Operating Systems.
Achievements and Awards
• Smart Location Aware Chat client (SLAC) was one of the top 3 winning hacks at Yahoo! Hack U!, IIT Kanpur in August 2011. • Save Your Souls (SYS) was one of the top 3 winning hacks at Random Hacks of Kindness #3, Bangalore in May 2011. • IITK Blood on Demand (IBoD) was adjudged the best hack at Code-a-thon, an overnight coding event at IIT Kanpur in April 2011. • One of ﬁnalists of All-India hacking competition, Chakravyuh, and ended in top 5, organized as part of Techkriti’11, IIT Kanpur in February 2011. • Secured 4th place in the coding event, Chaos which was organized as part of Techkriti’11, IIT Kanpur in February 2011. • HelpOut - A social networking for NGOs, was one of the top 3 winning hacks at Random Hacks of Kindness #2, Bangalore in December 2010. • DeSparsha was adjudged the Best Project of the year 2010 at MSRIT, Banglore in June 2010. • “Best Overall Outgoing UG Student” for the year 2010, from the Department of Computer Science, MSRIT, Bangalore in May 2010. • “Best Performer” in Academics and Co-curricular activities for the year 2010 at MSRIT, Bangalore in May 2010. • Secured 3th place in Tech Quiz at Ignite’10, Annual technical fest of MSRIT, Bangalore in 2010.
• Secured 3rd place in On Spot Programming at Aavishkaar, Annual technical fest of IEEE, MSRIT, Bangalore in 2010. • Secured 1st place in On Spot Programming at Utsav, Annual technical fest of BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore in 2010. • Secured 2nd place in Kode Warriors(Programming contest) at Avalanche, Annual technical fest of BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore in 2010. • Secured 1st place in Bits N Bytes Programming contest at Open Day, IISc, Bangalore in 2010. • Secured 3rd place in Coding at Manthan, Annual technical fest of Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore in 2010. • Secured 1st place in De Bug contest at Manthan, Annual technical fest of Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore in 2010. • Secured 2nd place in Think Tank(Programming contest) at Manthan, Annual technical fest of Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore in 2010. • Secured 1st place in On Spot Programming contest at 8th Mile, Annual technical fest of RV College of Engineering, Bangalore in 2010. • Secured 1st place in C-Programming and Debugging contest at Verve, Annual technical fest of JSS ATE, Bangalore in 2010. • Secured 1st place in On Spot Programming contest at Impetus, Annual technical fest of IEEE, UVCE, Bangalore in 2010. • Certiﬁed for IBM Information Management Software (IBM Certiﬁed Database Associate - DB2 9 Fundamentals).(2009) • Second Place at online hacking event “Digital Fortress”, conducted by IIT Guwahati as part of their annual techno management fest “Techniche - 2009”. • Third Place at online hacking event “Hacked!”, Organized as part of National level technical fest “Kshitij”, by IIT Kharagpur.(2009) • First Prize (in 2008) and Second Prize (in 2009) at “On the Spot Programming Contest”, organized as part of college technical fest “Ignite”, MSRIT, Bangalore. (team of 2) • Second Prize in “On Spot Programming Contest” at National Level Inter Collegiate Technical Fest, “Aavishkaar 2009”, IEEE - MSRIT, Bangalore. (team of 2) (2009) • Second Prize in “On Spot Programming” at Annual National Level Technical Fest, “Impetus’09”, UVCE, Bangalore. (team of 2) (2009) • First Prize at “Brain Crash (Linux)”, a Linux System Administration based contest, organized as part of college technical fest “Ignite”, MSRIT, Bangalore. (2009) • Represented College(MSRIT) at “ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest” at Asia Regionals, Amritapuri, Kerala. (team of 3)(2008) • Awarded 3rd Best paper for presenting a paper on “Implementation of Time Table problem using Non Genetic Algorithm and extension to Genetic Algorithm” at “Kagada’08”, National Student Conference, organized by UVCE, Bangalore.(team of 4) (2008) • First Prize at “CoDecode”, Algorithmic contest, organized as part of college technical fest “Ignite”, MSRIT, Bangalore. (team of 2) (2008) • Awarded “Pratibha Puraskar” for Best Cadet in NCC. (2004) • First Prize (twice - 2003 & 2004) at “Dr.C Errorologist”, District Level C based Debugging contest, organized as part of “IT Spectrum” fest by Bangalore Higher Secondary School. • Completed training in “MS-Oﬃce” and “Unix,C,C++” with ‘A’ Grade, from Keonics Yuva.com, certiﬁed by Government of Karnataka (KSEDCL). (2002) • Consistently among top spots in programming contests at technical fests of various colleges including IISc, RVCE, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore Institute of Technology, UVCE, JSS ATE and MSRIT, Bangalore. • Consistently among top spots in various national level hacking events, including, “Digital Fortress”(IIT-G), “Hacked!” (IIT-KGP) and “Chakravyuh”(IIT-K).
• Tutor for conducting lecture classes on “Web Programming” at ACA Summer School, IIT Kanpur in June 2011. • Lead Volunteer for National Service Scheme, MSRIT. (2008 - 2010) • Microsoft Student Partner (MSP) for M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology. (2009-2010) • Treasurer and Co-ordinator for VRGLINUG (GNU/Linux Users Group, MSRIT). (2008 - 2010) • Co-ordinator and Active Volunteer for Association of Computer Engineers (ACE), MSRIT, Bangalore.(2008 - 2010) • Conducted sessions and Hands on Lab on various topics including, “Partitioning and Dual booting with Linux”, “Linux Administration”, “Shell Scripting”, “Perl Programming”, “phpBB Forum Management”, “Circuit design and simulation using National Instruments Multi Sim”, “Web Programming”, “STL Programming”, “Extending STL Framework for user deﬁned classes”, “Establishing clusters on Linux with Hadoop”, “Plugin development with jetpack for Firefox”, “Developing applications on Android”, “Web Programming” etc. • Organizer for event “Cyber Treasure Hunt” at technical fests, “Ignite” (2008 & 2009) and Aavishkaar (2009 & 2010). • One of Organizers for “Blood Donation Camp”(2008 & 2009), “Special Service Camp 2008 & 2009” under NSS, MSRIT, Bangalore. • One of Organizers for “ACADEVCON 2009”, Annual Bangalore dotNet Students Conference as part of MSP activity. • Organizer and Speaker at “Mukthi 9.05” & “Mukthi 9.10”, an Annual Open Source Conference conducted by VRGLINUG, MSRIT, Bangalore. • Delegated various conferences and Bootcamps like, “FOSS.in/X - 2010”, “Microsoft BootCamp 2009 - Hyderabad”, “Nokia Developers Conference’09”, “Yahoo Open Hack Day - 2009” and “Adobe Flex BootCamp 2008 MSRIT, Bangalore”. • Freelance Web Designer and Programmer, designed sites for “International Conference on Information Processing - 2009” and “International Journal for Information Processing - 2009”. • Web Administrator for vrglinug.org, oﬃcial website of VRGLINUG, MSRIT. (2008-2010) • Organizer for event “Blind Mans Hunt” at technical fest, “Ignite” (2008). • Established Computer Network and made computers functional at Govt. SKSJTI, Bangalore, under NSS, MSRIT, Bangalore.(2008) • Held the post of Company Sergeant Major and Completed ‘A’ Certiﬁcate of National Cadet Corps. (2004)
Positions of Responsibility
Maintainer of Navya: May 2011-present Navya is the FOSS group at IITK, being the maintainer of the group, I manage all the services run by navya servers and I am responsible for spreading the knowledge about FOSS to all the students at IITK. It currently consists of a dedicated 5 students group who, under my guidance carry out various events on Campus. One of the major event Navya is responsible for is “FOSSKriti”, a premier foss convention which happens alongside “TechKriti”, the technical fest of IIT Kanpur. • Manage various services hosted on navya server, navya.junta.iitk.ac.in [accessible only within iitk lan]. • Spread knowledge about Free and Open Source Software[FOSS] in IITK. • Organize “FOSSKriti”, annual foss convention alongside “TechKriti”. Server Adminstrator of students.iitk.ac.in: May 2011-present I administer the server of Student Gymkhana, students.iitk.ac.in. One of my primary responsibilities is to make sure there is least down time and also conﬁgure the services hosted on students server with various technology stacks. • Keep the services up and running properly on students.iitk.ac.in. • Deploy and conﬁgure applications using various technology stacks. • Ensure least downtime and easy & fast recovery in case of failure.
Co-ordinator of Programming Club: March 2011-present Being Co-ordinator of Programming, I am responsible for inculcating the programming culture in the junior batches and motivate them towards participating and winning various National and International programming competitions. As part of programming club, I mentored 4 project groups for their summer project in May 2011 and led to successful planning and implementation. Apart from externally visible activities, I also maintain the server and conﬁgure the online programming judge for conducting various intra-IITK programming competitions. I have also taken lecture series for students of IITK to excel in web programming. • • • • Motivate juniors to participate in programming. Conduct various sessions on coding and algorithms. Mentor students for their summer projects. Maintain and conﬁgure programming club server, pclub.in.
SPO Core team member: April 2011 - present I assist the Student Placement Oﬃce technically and I also manage the servers of the SPO, placement.iitk.ac.in, for which I am responsible for conﬁguration and security of sensitive data that is deployed on it. Apart from these, I am also be required to assist the Overall Placement Co-ordinators in various activities to ensure smooth operation of placement related activities in campus. • Assist SPO in technical matters. • Conﬁgure and secure sensitive data on the placement server, placement.iitk.ac.in. • Assist OPCs to ensure smooth operation of placement activities on campus. Co-ordinator of ACA: August 2011 - present I am one of the co-ordinators of Association of Computing Activities, Dept. of CSE, IIT Kanpur, which is the student body for all the activities of department. I am entrusted with responsibilities of planning and executing the various activities that might be beneﬁcial for the students of CSE. • Plan various activities for the students of Dept. of CSE. • Utilize the allocated budget to conduct freshers and farewell. Lab Assistant, Department of CSE, IITK: July 2010 - present As a part of Lab team, I manage the critical services, oﬀered by CSE department to its users and make sure that the services are not interrupted and I am responsible for conﬁguration, management, backup and security of various servers present in CSE department. We also try to innovate and bring in new services which allows easier administration of large number of computers owned by the department. • Manage servers of CSE department. • Ensure proper conﬁguration and management of various services. • Innovating new ways of managing hundreds of system in eﬃcient way.
Indeginous Search KioskApp(team of 3) Built as part of Yahoo’s ‘HackU 2010’ at IISc, Bangalore
I regularly participate in major coding competitions on topcoder.com, codechef.com, codercharts.com, gild.com and codeforces.com and maintain a decent programming proﬁle on each of these sites. My handle for various sites are as follows: TopCoder: http://community.topcoder.com/tc?module=MemberProﬁle&cr=22760244 handle:adarshaj CodeChef: http://www.codechef.com/users/adarshaj Codercharts: http://codercharts.com/user/adarshaj Gild: http://www.gild.com/adarshaj handle:adarshaj handle:adarshaj handle:adarshaj
Some of my opensourced codes can be found on my github.com proﬁle too: http://github.com/adarshaj
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?