This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
EXT. R&AW HEADQUARTERS (NEW DELHI) - NIGHT A car comes and stops outside. A young officer rushes to open the door. CUT TO: INT. R&AW HEADQUARTERS (NEW DELHI) - CONTINUOUS Feet are seen walking furiously. The young officer is seen relaying the information excitedly. Title card reads: April 1993 The older officer shuffles through grainy photographs of a man on a satellite phone. ASHWINI Kaise pata uski awaaz hai? OFFICER Bombay se voice samples aaye the... Unse match kiya...Bombay Police ne bhi confirm kiya... CUT TO: INT. R&AW HEADQUARTERS (NEW DELHI) - CONTINUOUS A voice can be heard from the tape recorder. GOLDMAN (V.O.) Arre nahi bol sakta kahan jaa raha hoon...Kaan nahi hai tera... phone hai...Baithke tape kar rahein hongey... The men look at each other. Ashwini concentrates on the recording. GOLDMAN (V.O.) (CONT'D) Poori agency laga di hai peeche... Masjid kya giri mere peeche pad gaye...Yahan se nahi gaya toh jail mein sadaenge...Arre kyon gussa ho rahi ho? Miltey rahenge... Tu kaunsa saalbhar shooting karti hai...Har do mahine baad aa jaana...Haan haan...Pehle jaane toh do...(gets angry again) Poori baat nahi sunti... The recording suddenly goes gets disturbed by children's voices. Ashwini looks up at his team. ASHWINI That's it...? The team looks blank.
ASHWINI (CONT'D) Pata kaise chala use extradition ke bare mein?...Is room ke alava yeh information kisi ke paas nahi thi...(shouts) Phir kaise pata chala? SENIOR OFFICER Ashwini...Agli baar pakad lenge... ASHWINI (Looking at the grainy photo) I hope so sir...I hope so... FADE OUT: A montage of news clips, graphics and statistics begin to play out and trace the rise of Goldman from April 1993 to present day. His almost capture on several ocassions. The evidence being presented by government after government. The denial from Pakistan. His activities and involvement in all subsequent terrorist activities including 26/11. His status in the global terrorist sphere. In interpol. In the US. The marriage of his daughter, everything that has been chronicled and runoured about Goldman takes us through the next 20 years till present day when Bengaluru the latest victim in a suicide bomb blast struggles to come to terms with the sheer audacity of the act. FADE IN: 2 INT. CAR - DAY A news clip plays on an ipad. Footage of charred bodies, wailing mothers, frenzied paramedic workers. The agiated anchor starts waving some papers. ANCHOR Bengalauru mein hue is dhamakey mein trepan logon ki maut ho gayi ek sau barah log zakhmi ho gaye aur har baar ki tarah intelligence agenciyun ko is hamle ki hawa tak nahi thi! Ashwini looks up from the I-pad as he gets distracted by the sound of an approaching car. In the rear view we see an offical Navy vehicle. CUT TO: EXT/INT. ISOLATED DOCKYARD/CAR - CONTINUOUS The car passes the unmarked Hyundai Accent and stops. Ashwini watches as the driver gets off and opens the rear door. A senior navy officer gets off and walks to his car.
3. He gets in. The two men sit in silence. The Navy Officer looks at the ipad. ANCHOR (CONT'D) Sir...Please listen to me Mr. Tiwari...Karachi mein Goldman apne bete Jamal Feroze ki shaadi karwa raha hai...I want to know ke hum kya kar rahe hain? R&AW SPOKESMAN Dekho Arnab...Information hamare paas bhi hai par yeh sensitive issue haiÉ Jaise hi saare sabot mil jaate hain... OPPOSITION LEADER (Interjects) Kya karenge hum? Haan? Wohi jo 1993 mein 2000 mein aur 26/11 mein kiya tha? ANCHOR (Butting in) He's right...Like always `Kadi ninda karenge' aur phir wahan ke Prime minister ko yahan bulaake daavat denge...Is that we will do? OPPOSITION LEADER Exactly...Yeh sab sirf baaten hain...Saari duniya jaanti hai ke woh hamara gunehgaar hai...20 saal se hum chup chaap uski dehshat ka nanga naach dekh rahe hain... Kya kiya hai is sarkar ne? NAVAL OFFICER (To himself) Saare puraane dialogue writer media aur politics mein jamaa ho gaye hain... (Smirks) Baaten suno inki! Ashwini says nothing. He continues watching the news. A file photo of Goldman comes up. NAVAL OFFICER (CONT'D) Jab se US ne Osama ko wahan jaake maara hai inko lagta hai ke Pakistan nahi Municipality garden haiÉ Bas andar ghuso aur phool todke le aao...Aasaan hai usey le aana? ASHWINI Agar hua toh?
4. The Officer looks at him. ASHWINI (CONT'D) (CONT'D) Agar hum sach much usey le aa saken toh? The Officer realises that the Head of R&AW is not joking. Ashwini opens a file. Takes out a scribbled piece of paper. ASHWINI (CONT'D) (CONT'D) (Handing the paper) INS Ranvijay kahan hai is waqt? NAVAL OFFICER Wahin jahan hamesha hoti hai...Karachi coast se 60 kilometer door... ASHWINI Ek message bhejo unhe... Ashwini looks at the news clip. The anchor is waving an invitation card furiously. ARNAB Yeh raha invitation card...Aur kya sabot chahiye? What are we waiting for? ASHWINI (Muting the tirade) (looks out) Usey wapas lane ka waqt aa gaya hai... FADE OUT: 3 EXT. KARACHI ROADS - EVENING SUPER: Karachi, Pakistan - Present Day. Shots of the city. The sun is about to set. The streetlights are all on. 4 INT. SHERATON HOTEL (BALLROOM) - EVENING PBS 1 - Ref: A trendy ‘Dama Dam Mast Kalandar’ rendition. The ultra luxury Sheraton Hotel. An important function in the ballroom on the 10th floor. A sangeet function, a group belts it out, children dance. Guests are seen milling all about. Among the guests, RUDRA PRATAP SINGH and WALI KHAN exchange a look, get distracted at some activity in one corner of the room.
5. A security guard emerges from one of the side doors. Rushes to a man in a flashy white suit standing next to the bride and groom. MAN#1 (handing a mobile) Bhanja Bhai...Pilot! BHANJA (speaking into the phone) Haan bol Pilot? Nikle Maamu? BHANJA listens, hands it back, bends down, whispers to the groom. BHANJA (CONT’D) (CONT'D) Tere Abbu nikal rahein hain! CUT TO: 5 EXT. CLIFTON ROAD - EVENING The gates to a mansion on Clifton Road open as a cavalcade of black bulletproof SUV's leave. CUT TO:
INT. SHERATON HOTEL (PARKING LOT 1) - EVENING ASLAM gets a message on his mobile phone. ASLAM (Reading) Paanch minute... Deletes it. Touches his balls. ASLAM (CONT'D) (shoves his cards into the deck) Pack...Main zara halka hokey aata hoon... GANGSTER#1 Halka hona hai ya koi mast MMS aaya? ASLAM Ghanta... (gesturing vulgarly) Chota Aslam kaagzi ghulab nahi soonghta...Usko live ki aadat hai... He walks out, gets into his Black Mercedes 500S. Sends an sms.
6. ASLAM (V.O.) (CONT'D) Parcel aa raha hai... CUT TO: 6A INT. SHERATON HOTEL (10TH FLOOR/ELEVATOR) - EVENING Rudra Pratap Singh and Wali Khan walk out of the party. Get into the elevator. Hit 9. The door opens. 6B INT. SHERATON HOTEL (9TH FLOOR/ELEVATOR) - EVENING Rudra Pratap and Wali Khan stand looking straight into the face of the security guard on the 9th floor. The door begins to close. In a flash Rudra Pratap pulls the guard into the elevator. In one swift move he breaks the guards neck. Wali Khan exits. Knocks on the door of Room 904. The door is opened by a woman. She points to a cart. Wali Khan wheels it out as Rudra Pratap hides the body. CUT TO: 6C INT. SHERATON HOTEL (9TH FLOOR) - EVENING
Wali Khan walks down the corridor. Rudra Pratap takes the position of the guard. Wali Khan reaches room 904. Knocks, as another guard comes around the corner, Rudra Pratap hides his face. The door is opened. Wali Khan enters the room. CUT TO: 7 EXT. KARACHI FLYOVER - NIGHT
The cavalcade of cars hit the main Karachi flyover. CUT TO: 8 INT. SHERTAON HOTEL (PARKING LOT) - NIGHT
Aslam sits in the car waiting. CUT TO: 8A INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM 906) - NIGHT Wali Khan gives a perfunctory look at the corpse of the man lying in the bed of the connecting room 906. A pencil sticking out of his neck. WALI KHAN Tum aaj nahi maarti toh kal cholestrol maar deta isko...
7. ZOYA REHMAN hands him the pistols. He checks it, gets distracted as Zoya hands him her dupatta and turns to the mirror to adjust her kurta and push up bra, exposing her cleavage. Wali Khan looks away as she turns to him. Takes her dupatta back. She walks into Room 906. Picks up her mobile, enters a code. Looks up. The entire ceiling rigged with Semtex gets activated. CUT TO: 8B INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM 1006) - NIGHT The camera travels through the ceiling into the room above. A high tech security room. Monitors covering the entire hotel and its perimeter. The monitor's are unmanned as both security guards are busy watching the show in the main ballroom. CUT TO: 8C INT. SHERATON HOTEL (BALLROOM) - NIGHT
Bhanja is seen dancing lewdly with the Pakistani starlet. GENERAL RAZA (ISI) looks at SALEEM PATHAN. SALEEM PATHAN Maloom hai...Chutiya! CUT TO: 8D INT. SHERATON HOTEL (9TH FLOOR) - NIGHT The guard goes around
On the monitors, Rudra Pratap waits. the corner.
Rudra Pratap walks down the corridor, knocks on the door. Zoya and Wali Khan exit the room. Enter the elevator. Rudra Pratap once again assumes his position. The guard comes around the corner. CUT TO: 8E EXT. KARACHI STREETS - NIGHT
The cars start to come around the corner. CUT TO: 8F INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM 1006) - NIGHT
The men return to their posts. CUT TO:
8. 8G INT. SHERATON HOTEL (PARKING LOT) - NIGHT The elevator travels down the shaft and reaches P3. Wali Khan and Zoya come out using the fire exit. security guards run to them. SECUITY GUARD#1 (Shouting) Andhar jao...Andhar jao...Wapis jaye... SECURITY GUARD#2 Yahan se exit bandh hai... WALI KHAN (Pretending to be drunk) Haatha hata...Sambhal ke maine kabhie pi hi nahi toh peeke kyun sambhal rahi hai... Her dupatta falls. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) Duppatta...duppatta oopar...Do mard khadey nahi hotey ki tu kanjri ho jaati hai...Chadi hui hai but main andha nayinaa...I am not blind...ab chhupake kya hogaa... aadhi duniya mein tu poster ban chuki hai...doosron ka kya kasoor hai...khol...khol... Pulls her dupatta, a scuffle as she tries to snatch it from him. CUT TO: 8H INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM 1006) - NIGHT The
The guards in the room upstairs enjoy the scene on the monitors. Getting amused. They get distracted by activity on the exterior camera. CUT TO: 8i EXT. SHERATON HOTEL (PORCH) - NIGHT
The cars go past the main porch of the Sheraton. Start to enter the basement parking lot. CUT TO: 8j INT. SHERATON HOTEL (P1) - NIGHT Aslam watches them enter. He sees the cars come to a screeching halt outside the service elevator.
9. The doors open. A much older looking Goldman emerges. Aslam sees the security cover him, escort him to the elevator. Starts the car and begins to move. Only two security guards enter the service elevator with him. The camera travels up through the shaft to P3. Explosives with a transmitter strategically placed in the elevator shaft. CUT TO: 8k INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM 1006) - NIGHT
The guards in the monitor room see the elevator doors close. CUT TO: 8l INT. SHERATON HOTEL (BALLROOM) - NIGHT Inside the ballroom General Raza receives a call. A man talking excitedly on the other end. His expression changes. He walks across the ballroom towards Saleem Pathan who seems to be controlling Bhanja. CUT TO: 8m INT. SHERATON HOTEL (PARKING LOT P3) - NIGHT
On P3, Wali Khan continues the charade as he waits for the service elevator to reach P3. ZOYA (Admonishing him) Bakwaas na karein aap...Chalein ghar chalein...Behas na karein...Chalein... WALI KHAN (An eye on the elevator, angrily) Main sambhal loonga khudko...tu apne sambhal varna main goli se uda... Suddenly he whips out a gun and shoots the guards on P3. CUT TO:
10. INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM 1006) - NIGHT
The guards in the monitor room react. CUT TO: INT. SHERATON HOTEL (PARKING LOT P3) - NIGHT
Zoya takes out a mobile as she opens the basement doors for the main lobby. She presses the answer button. TO: 8n INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM 906) - NIGHT The explosives on the ceiling and the elevator shaft go off. The entire room along with the monitor room above blows up. CUT TO: INT. SHERATON HOTEL (SERVICE ELEVATOR) - NIGHT
The elevator comes to stop at P3. CUT TO: 8o INT. SHERATON HOTEL (9TH FLOOR + SERVICE ELEVATOR) - NIGHT Rudra Pratap turns, takes out the guard on the 9th floor. He pries the service elevator door open. Takes off his jacket. Swings it around the elevator cables. Descends at top speed. The guards inside the elevator with Goldman stand alert for the doors to open. Rudra Pratap blows the elevator roof open. He throws in a smoke canister. Bang Bang. Both guards go down.
Rudra Pratap jumps into the elevator. Holds the gun to Goldman. The two men look into each other's eyes. GOLDMAN Trigger kheench...Maamla mat kheench...Khinch gaya toh takleef doonga... Rudra knocks on the door. CUT TO:
11. 8p INT. SHERATON HOTEL (PARKING LOT P3) - NIGHT The doors to the elevator open. Wali Khan appears. Aslam comes screeching. Rudra Pratap pushes Goldman to the car. The first bullet is fired. Wali Khan gets hit. Rudra Pratap and Aslam react. They are met with a volley of gunfire. Rudra Pratap manages to hold onto Goldman as he hits the ground. Goldman kicks him in the face trying to get free. Rudra Pratap reels backwards with the blow, momentarily letting go of Goldman. Frame Freezes. WALI KHAN (V.O.) Ghalatiyan naa ho toh kahaniyan nahi banti...Par is ek ghalati se poori kahani shuru hone se pehle hi khatam honewali thi... DISSOLVE TO:
EXT. MOSQUE - DAY Wali Khan offers his namaz at the mosque.
INT. WALI KHAN'S HOUSE BEDROOM - EARLY MORNING SUPER: Karachi. Pakistan. 40 Days Ago. A beautiful woman and a little boy of 5 are sleeping peacefully on the bed. Wali Khan enters with a Jaay-e-Namaz under his arm. Puts it on an alcove. He takes off his skull cap. Opens the door of an iron cupboard. His wife stirs on the bed. Wali Khan sits on the bed. Begins to unfold the six inch fold of his salwar legs. He senses something, turns. Nafisa looking at him. He looks at her, smiles and then looks at his sleeping son. NAFISA Bas pal bhar mein nazar humse udhar... Ek taem aisa tha ke hum hi hum the...
12. WALI KHAN (smiling) Yeh hum bhi toh keh sakte hain tumhare baare mein... Tum kaunsa hume taankti rehti ho dinbhar... (Fondling her) Ab idhar aao... Mood aur taem donon badal detey hain... He reaches for her. She pushes his hand back. NAFISA Hato... Badmaashi naa karo... WALI KHAN Acha...? Yaad tum dilao aur badmash hum? She has a giggling fit which wakes up KABEER. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) So ja bachey...Abhie ek ghanta baqi hai school ko... KABEER Ammi no school...Bukhar hai... NAFISA Kuch nahi hua tujhe...Roz wohi bahane... Nafisa, getting up. WALI KHAN (touching him) Garam toh ho raha... NAFISA Ab raat mein do do razaiyan dalogey toh badan garam hi rahega...Aap shay naa den ise...Chal so ja... KABEER School acha nahi Ammi..Teacher buri hai...Pencil sharp nahi ki... daanti rehti hai... WALI KHAN (Laughs) Hum sha...shaapener laa dengey aapko... KABEER Perfume wala? NAFISA Rubbed hota hai khushboo wala...Aur nayi pencil le aaye na hum... Nafisa lifts him off the bed.
13. KABEER (Goes on shouting and throwing a tantrum) Nahi khushboo wala...Ammi khushbu wala...perfume wala sharpener...khushboo wala Ameeeee... Nafisa and Kabeer go out of frame as Kabeer’s voice continues. Wali Khan keeps looking in their direction. WALI KHAN (V.O.) Haqeeqat ko sapne ki tarah jeene se darr ka ehsaas nahi rehta...Isi liye chhe saal se in khubsoorat lamhon ko roz sapna samajhke jeeta hoon...Kisi bhi waqt aankh khul sakti hai...Asliyat zaahir ho sakti hai...Ke Nafisa aur Kabeer, jo meri zindagi ka sabse bada sach hain...Wohi sabse bada jhooth bhi hain... CUT TO: 9B EXT. KARACHI ROADS/SCHOOL - MORNING Wali Khan and his son on his scooter. KABEER Ammi humey school kyon bhej detin hai roz... WALI KHAN Kyunki aap padhayi karein...achi cheezein seekhein...bade aadmi banein... (points to the man in the luxury car) Aur aisi badi gaadi chalayein...Phir sab aagey peechey ghoomeingey tumhare... KABEER Aap school kyun nahi jaatey? WALI KHAN (laughs) Chhotey thaiy toh jaatey thaiy... KABEER Abbu ke bike pe... WALI KHAN (thinks) Nahi...meri Nani leke jaatin thi mujhey...
14. 9C EXT. SCHOOL GATES - MORNING They reach the school gates. KABEER Mujhey bhi jaana hai aapke school... WALI KHAN Idhar kya masla hai? KABEER Aapke school jaoonga toh phir hi toh apni baal kaatney ki dukhaan kholoonga... CUT TO: 10 INT. WALI KHAN'S BARBER SHOP - DAY Shutters are pulled up. Wali Khan in his modest barbershop. Many customers. Mostly regular. Cutting KHURRAM MIRZA’s hair. The TV is on - Pakistan is playing cricket. KHURRAM MIRZA Sachin ki toh akele hi sau centuriyan hain...aur idhar dekho Wali...in sabse milkey bhi sau nahi ban rahey... WALI KHAN (laughs) Nahi yaar Khurram...inshallah dekhna tum...yeh donon hi tikey raheingey... KHURRAM MIRZA Inki aukat nahi hai tikney ki... twelth man na rakhoon main inmein se kisi ko...aur awaam inke peechey paagal hai...jaise logon ko yehi chala rahein hon...Hamari qurbaniyon ki toh kisi ko kadar hi nahi... Inki tarah Pakistan ki T-shirt hamey naseeb nahi na bhai... Khurram Mirza turns to look back at people in the shop, who have overheard this conversation. They look away. Khurram looks up at Wali Khan, he goes about his business. ASHWINI (V.O.) Jaisa des waisa bhes...Khurram uske desh ki tarah chilla chilla ke apni badhai maar raha tha...Aur Wali Khan apne desh ki tarah sach (MORE)
15. ASHWINI (V.O.) (CONT'D) ko chhupa ke chup chaap sun raha tha... DISSOLVE TO: 11 INT. ASHWINI'S HOUSE - DAY Ashwini with a file open. Wali Khan’s old picture in it. Ashwini looks at it. ASHWINI (V.O.) Kisi bhi agent ka aanewala kal sirf tab khush hota hai jab guzre hue kal se rishta toot jaata hai... Wali Khan ke past aur future ke beech sirf main tha...Jisne use GIC se recruit kiya aur Karachi bheja... Sumitra comes in and sees him looking at the papers. SUMITRA Ashwini! Log retire hotey hain... ASHWINI (nods) Aur hone se pehle kuch chapter bandh karkey jaateey hain...Aata hoon... Sumitra shakes her head, leaves. Ashwini starts shredding the papers from Wali Khan’s file in a shredder. ASHWINI (V.O.) (CONT'D) Is liye mera retirement uske liye sabse bada mauka tha... Aane wale kal ko khubsoorat banane ka... CUT TO: 12 INT/EXT. MOSQUE - DAY Wali Khan completes his evening prayers with his son. commotion is heard at the entrance. A
Goldman surrounded by his security cover of Pakistani rangers walks into the Durgah as people part and salaam in respect. Wali Khan reacts. KABEER Abba yeh kaun hain? WALI KHAN Badmein bataoonga...
16. Goldman walks into the inner complex. PRIEST Salaam valequm bhaijaan... GOLDMAN Valequm Salaam... PRIEST Kaise hai aap? PRIEST (CONT'D) Kaafi dinon baad mulaqat hui... GOLDMAN Haan...Khairiyat... GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Haan...Bilkul...Bilkul...Aur aap bataye...Ammi jaan kaise hai... PRIEST Bas theek hai... GOLDMAN Accha mera salaam unhey de dena... PRIEST Zaroor, zaroor... GOLDMAN Accha intezaam poora kiye aapne...Chaddar chadahiye...Chalo... Goldman walks into the durgah. KHURRAM MIRZA Aise kya aankhein phaad rahey ho? Bade log bhi aatey hain kabhi... WALI KHAN Yeh hai kaun? KHURRAM MIRZA (CONT’D) Kai naam hai inke...Aur kaam bhi... Goldman walks out. WALI KHAN Aap inhi ka kaam kartey ho kya? KHURRAM MIRZA Haan...Aur duty bhi vahin hai...Aree merey peshane pe itni badi mark lagi hai ISI ka...Tu hi nahi pad paya abhi tak...
17. Hundreds of beggars He reaches the Deg, the large spoon, to plate. He walks to in front of him. are seated, a huge deg is being cooked. a plate is handed to him. He uses serve a helping of biryani into the the first beggar and places the plate
The serving begins to all the other beggars as Wali Khan and Kabeer watch from a distance. KHURRAM MIRZA (CONT’D) Zindagi ajeeran kar di hai meri...Apne betey ka nikaah karve rahein hai...Baituzahab Hotel main aadhe se zyada kamrey book kar rakha hai...Badi aiyashi hogi wahan pe...Khana tight hoga yeh pakka hai...Item bhi mazey ke hongey... GOLDMAN Aree salaan le jao yahan se... Outside the mosque, vehicles with men openly brandishing their weapons, stand on the footboards of the pilot vehicle, as Goldman walks towards the car. Wali Khan watches Goldman as he starts to walk away with Khurram Mirza. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Sahab zadhe ka nikaah hai agle mehine baraah tariq ko...Zaroor dua de dena...haan haan chalte hai bhai...khudahafiz... ASHWINI KUMAR (V.O.) Kabhi waqt faislon ko badalta hai toh kabhi faisle waqt ko... Wali Khan chahta toh donon badalne ki zaroorat nahi thi... Sabki tarah is aadmi ko dekhke andekha kar deta toh kisiko pata bhi nahi chalta... Lekin Wali Khan ko aasaan raaste pasand hi kahan the? Wali Khan looks at GOLDMAN, from him to his son. He sees Nafisa step out from the Dargah and moves towards Kabir. He keeps looking at them, then at Goldman, but finally his eyes rest only on GOLDMAN as he gets into his SUV and the cavalcade moves away. CUT TO: 13 INT. ASHWINI'S OFFICE - DAY Ashwini is inside shredding more files.
18. Behind him, a framed picture of a boy's hand clutching a half burnt passport. A peon brings in a pile of newspapers. ASHWINI (Taking them) 22nd se sab newspaper bandh karva do... A particular advert in the Dawn - Karachi catches his attention. Opens a small electronic safe and takes out a code book. Opens a handwritten page - ENCRYPT/K2. SC 1. Matches it with the newspaper. Decodes the message in the advert. ASHWINI (CONT'D) (reading) WE CAN GET GOLDMAN ALIVE. SEND TEAM. 20 DAYS PREP. 12/12/12. Ashwini smiles for a moment. Slowly the smile disappears. CUT TO: 14 INT. PMO - DAY There is tension in the air as Ashwini, Mishra and a few others are sitting in front of the PM at the PMO. The PM is signing papers. The peon takes the papers and leaves the room. MEA 6 active agents hain hamare wahan...Aur do, jinhe hum kabhi bhi contact kar sakte hain...Un mein se kisine nahi bataya hume... Aapko kahan se mili yeh information? INTERCUT OF WALI KHAN DOING RECCE AT BAIT-UL-ZAHAB AND ASHWINI DECODING MESSAGE FROM DAWN. MEA MINISTER Naam kya bataya Ashwini, apne field agent ka...? MISHRA (a bit too quickly) Sir ne bataya nahi... Ashwini glares at Mishra.
19. MISHRA (CONT'D) (sheepish) Waise...Woh important bhi nahi hai...What is important ki hamarey paas yeh ek mauka hai... Mishra looks at his boss. Remains silent. MEA MINISTER (Turning to the PM) As the external affairs minister meri raay mein yeh sab is waqt bahut risky hai...Pakistan already unstable hai...Plus hamey MFN status grant kar chuka hai...Aise mahaul mein unhe hamare khilaaf koi bhi bahana dena ghalat hoga... The PM keeps looking at Ashwini. MEA MINISTER (CONT'D) Aapka operation fail hoga aur bhugtenge hum...Asli muddon ko chhodke saara attention woh log is operation ki taraf divert kar denge... OFFICIAL#1 (O.S.) Exactly! Drama mein waise bhi woh hamesha hum se behtar rahein hain...Dhoop Kinarey dekh lijiye...Tanhaiyan dekh lijiye... Inspite of the obvious tension. People in the room laugh. The PM and Ashwini keep looking at each other. Mishra? PM
MISRA With due respects to Ashwini sir... Yeh jo unknown agent hai woh kal ko double agent bhi ho sakta hai... Ashwini does not react. A man enters. MAN IN KHADI Sir madam bula rahi hain... The PM gets up. Everyone also stands up. Ashwini... PM
He steps out with Ashwini in the corridor. PM (CONT'D) Sumer toh khush hoga...Tum aur Sumitra uske paas jaa rahe ho...
20. Ashwini smiles gently. PM (CONT'D) Jaane se pehle Sumitra aur tum ghar zaroor aana... (beat) Ashwini, Pakistan soil pe kisi bhi covert operation mein India hissa nahi le sakti... He gets into his car. PM (CONT'D) Hum yeh nahi kar sakte... (pause) Par iska matlab yeh thodi hai ke tum nahi kar sakte...? Ashwini reacts. The two men look at each other. The PM pats him, leaves. CUT TO: 15 INT/EXT. WALI KHAN'S BARBER SHOP - DAY Wali Khan in his shop. Lots of customers. A delivery boy comes to take inventory and replace supplies. DELIVERY BOY Touch me talcum podder kitney doon? WALI KHAN Naam ka touch me hai...Koi chhoota hi nahi ise...Chal ek dede... They exchange a slight look as he hands him the products. JUMP CUT TO: Before shutting shop, Wali Khan lowers the shutter and opens the talcum powder canister with a different colour cap. As he lifts open the lid, he finds a message inside. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) (reading) Team saat din mein pahunchegi... Pull out ki taiyyari bhi shuroo kar do... CUT TO: 16 INT. WALI KHAN'S HOUSE - NIGHT NAFISA Bas keh diya maine...Akele nahi jaaongi...
21. WALI KHAN Arrey...Lekin abhi toh tooney kaha ke tooney poore mohalle mein dhindhora peeta ke London jaa rahe hain...Saara intezam ho gaya hai... NAFISA Toh main kahan keh rahi hoon ke nahi jaayen...Bas akele nahi jaa sakti...Kabhi nahi gayi hawai jahaz mein main... WALI KHAN Toh tumhe kaunsa chalana hai use pagli? (cajoling) Dekho...Yahan se main bitha doonga...London mein tumharey bhaijaan se baat ho chuki hai...Woh lene aa jayenge... Aur Kabeer bhi toh hai saath tumhare...Kuch hi dinon mein main sab bech baach ke aa jaunga... NAFISA Agar kuch hi dinon ki baat hai toh saath kyon nahi chal sakte? WALI KHAN Arey phir wohi baat...Keh toh rahe hain ke hume rukna hoga yahan...Aur tumhari ticketen aa gaye hain...Cancel karne se nuksan hoga... Nafisa is still unsure. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) (CONT'D) Bas kuch hi dinon ki baat hai... Phir pahunch jayenge hum... Badmaashi karne...Woh bhi vilayati...Sexy! NAFISA Baaton se naa behlaiye...Keh diya bas...Nahi jaungi... WALI KHAN (Seriously) Samjha karo... Nahi chal sakte... Kuch log aa rahe hain milne... Wali Khan holds Nafisa tight as she looks unsure. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) Kuch log aa rahe hain milne... CUT TO:
22. 17 EXT. RANN OF KUTCH - DAY PBS 2 (PART 1) - RAW THEME - REF: EXTREME WAYS BY MOBY (BOURNE ULTIMATUM OST) A helicopter. The Rann. Rudra Pratap is dropped. He blends into the salt pans. The chopper takes off. CUT TO: 17A EXT. TOLI - DAY/NIGHT Rudra reaches a Rabri tribe toli at night. Meets the chief. DISSOLVE TO: 17B EXT. MANDVI PORT - DAY They reach Mandvi port. The chief and Rudra stop by the side of a FISHING TRAWLER CAPTAIN. CHIEF (speaking Kutchi) You have to go as deep as possible into the Pakistani waters... FISHING TRAWLER CAPTAIN (speaking Kutchi) Wahan se taer ke jayega kya? Rudra gets onto the boat. CUT TO: 17C EXT. FISHING TRAWLER - NIGHT The fishing trawler at high seas. Lights. Pakistani coast guard boat. The captain panics. Rudra Pratap watches two coast guard officials climb onto the trawler. Looks around the small dingy room. A route of escape. COAST GUARD OFFICER#1 Naye nahi ho tum...Tu kidhar ja raha hai...pata hai tujhe...Baqi ki zindagi Kot Lakhpat jail mein sadna hai kya...Pakistani waters mein kyun aa raha hai...Kuch leke aana hai hamarey yahan... (To another officer) Check the boat... The other guard moves around the trawler. Enters the captains room, looks around, exits. Signals its all clear, climbs back onto the coast guard boat.The coast guard boat begins to move away from the trawler.
23. The trawler captain stands confused. Relieved. Then the captain sees him. In the moonlight the silhouette of Rudra Pratap hanging onto the side deck of the Pakistani Coast Guard Boat. Out of sight. CUT TO: 17D EXT. KARACHI PORT - MORNING Rudra Pratap gets out on to shore. A plane flies past.. CUT TO: 18 INT. KARACHI AIRPORT (IMMIGRATION COUNTER) - DAY Zoya stands at the counter as her passport is being scrutinised by a stern immigration officer. IMMIGRATION OFFICER Waalid Pakistani...Ammi Hindustani...Passport British... Kaafi international family hain aapki...Kahan thehrengi Karachi mein? ZOYA Ji... Sheraton Hotel... IMMIGRATION OFFICER (checks passport) Mrs.Zoya Rehman... Saal mein kain baar aatin hain aap...Akele hotel mein thehertin hain...Shauhar naraaz nahi hote? FLASHBACK TO: 18A INT. ZOYA'S HOUSE (BRADFORD) - DAY ZOYA Bye nahi bologey... MOIN Aadat daal raha hoon...England mein logon ko basatey basatey... hum...hum khud hi ujad gaye? He exits. Zoya reacts. CUT TO PRESENT: IMMIGRATION OFFICER Mohtarmaa...Kis silsile mein aayin hain? (gets back) ZOYA (MORE)
24. ZOYA (CONT'D) Ji...Bradford City Council ke liye kaam karti hoon... Ek political asylum case hai jiski background pooch taach ke liye aayi hoon... IMMIGRATION OFFICER Kitne din thehrengi? Do hafte... ZOYA
The immigration officer stamps the passport. 18B INT. KARACHI AIRPORT (ARRIVALS) - DAY Zoya walks through the airport. ZOYA (V.O.) Come on Moin...Itne dramatic mat bano... MOIN (V.O.) Drama? Shaadi ko teen saal ho gaye...Bachcha nahi hua...Ab sab mujhe shaq ki nazar se dekhne lage hain...Kaise bataoon unhe ke bachcha paida karne ke liye meri biwi ke paas nau continuous mahine nahi hain... ZOYA (V.O.) Bas yeh last case hai... MOIN (V.O.) Pichli baar bhi yehi kaha tha tumne... ZOYA Bye nahi kahoge...? MOIN Wohi toh keh raha hoon... 19 INT/EXT. SHERATON HOTEL (PORCH) - DAY The hotel car pulls into porch way. She gets off. Clumsily drops her papers. The valet comes to her help. A hint of cleavage. She covers up but not immediately. 19A INT. SHERATON HOTEL (RECEPTION) - DAY At the reception she is disturbed. ZOYA (almost panicking) Lekin maine clearly room 906 maanga tha...
25. RECEPTIONIST I admit maam ki galti ho sakti hai but 904 bilkul same room hai... ZOYA Nahi but 5 mera number hai...mujhe suit karta hai...numerology mein... RECEPTIONIST 906 jaise hi khali hota hai hum aapko shift... ZOYA Aap guest se request karkey rooms exchange nahi kar saktey? Agar same rooms hain toh... RECEPTIONIST Maam 906 mein hamarey ek regular guest hain...Saalon se usi room mein rehtey hain...Long life Sir... Aap hi ki baat kar raha tha... SHAHARYAR BHATTI Hello Ji...Shaharyar Bhatti from Pindi... Zoya looks at him. INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ELEVATOR) - DAY They ride up together. She feels a bit creeped out as he keeps looking at her. SHAHARYAR BHATTI (CONT'D) Ki business hai twada? 19B INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM 904+906) - DAY They enter their respective rooms. 20 INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM 1006) - DAY The camera travels up to Saleem Pathan in 1006. The room empty. Boxes are being unpacked. Surveillance equipment. Cameras. Monitors. SALEEM PATHAN Nahi nahi bahut hain...Chhappa chhapa charkha chal raha hai... Camrey ki dukaan thodi kholni hai bhai...Chal... The subordinate drops him to the elevator. 20A INT. SHERATON HOTEL PARKING LOT - DAY The car door is opened by the Hotel valet. Saleem gets in.
26. SALEEM PATHAN Clifton...Pehle Seth ke ghar! Aslam starts the car. ASLAM (V.O.) Yeh right left ka kaam toh teen mahine se chal raha hai... 21 INT/EXT. ARTHUR ROAD JAIL - DAY Flash cuts of Aslam in Arthur Road. Pappu Saaman (Abu Salem lookalike) gets a massage. ASLAM (V.O.) Par jail mein Pappu Saamaan ke isharon pe teen saal left right karne ke baad yeh toh honeymoon lag raha tha...Keemat toh chukayi thi wahan se yahan pahunchneki... ASLAM (CONT'D) (To Pappu) Heroinein yeh bada bada bada goggle pehan le...kuch kar le...Public paagal hai unke peechey, unko pehchaan leti hai... They are walking. ASLAM (CONT'D) Baandra mein Gaiety hai na...Ek baar Mallika Sherawat burqa pehan ke aayi thi picture dekhney...Maine kamar se pehchaan liya tha... Chal... They are lying down. ASLAM Daddy ki kasam...Chaman blackiya hai na ussey pooch lo... PAPPU (sighs) Hnnnh...Sahi kehta hai tu...Apni heroini ke chakkar mein hi pahunch gaya andar... He's seen getting out. 21A EXT. TOURIST AREA IN MUMBAI - DAY Meets Ashwini Kumar. PAPPU
27. ASLAM Sir kuch zyada hi bharosa nahi jeet gaya main? Vicky Thakur ki supari di hai Pappu ne...Uske baad mujhe nikalney ka arrangement kareingey... ASHWINI Uda do...Maal kha gaya hoga shayad unka...Good riddance... Aslam driving. ASLAM (V.O.) Vardi mein naa hon toh saale officer bhi gangster hi lagte hain... He adjusts the rear view. Pathan on the phone. ASLAM (V.O.) (CONT'D) Baat baat pe udaa do...Thok do...Lekin kyon nahi kahe...Jab kaam tamaam hota hai toh unki kahan thunkti hai? Woh toh hum chutiye marte hain... The car stops. A RED traffic light. CUT TO: 21B INT. TRAFFIC LIGHT - DAY A knock on the car window. Vicky Thakur looks up. His bodyguard and driver pay no attention. A man balancing a stack of pirated books crosses the vehicle. The knocking increases. Irritated Vicky Thakur puts down the window. The nozzle of the gun. Vicky Thakur reacts. BANG. The gun is turned to the back of the guard. BANG. Blood on the windshield. The gun is thrown into the car. ASLAM …Ya maarte hain… (V.O.) CUT TO: 21C EXT. VT STATION - DAY Aslam is handed two passports, some papers and cash by a man on a bike. The biker drives away, Aslam walks in. CUT TO:
28. 21D INT. NEPAL AIRPORT - DAY Aslam at Nepal airport. Stops in front of a board that displays the PIA flight timing to Karachi. CUT TO: 21E INT. SALEEM PATHAN’S HOUSE CLIFTON - DAY Aslam standing in front of Saleem Pathan. SALEEM PATHAN Thakur ki kill shaandaar rahi Aslam!... Bhai keh rahey thaiy usko ek kitaab bechkey maartey toh aur acha rehta... ASLAM Toh mujhe yahan kya sambhaalna hoga Bhai! SALEEM PATHAN Steering...Tu steering sambhalega meri...Driving kaisi hai teri? CUT TO: 22 INT/EXT. WHITE HOUSE - DAY The car reaches Clifton Road, residence of Goldman. Workmen are decorating the house with lights. Goldman’s wife is arguing with Bhanja as he writes out a guest list. Several rukkas are lying on the table. GOLDMAN’S WIFE Arey Mehmood Bhaijaan ko toh bulana hi hai...Raeesa aapa se jhagda mat karvao hamara... BHANJA Paanch sau se oopar ek aadmi nahi...Aur voh aadmi toh bilkul nahi...Chhupke mobile pe khud ki aur mamu ki tasveer nikalega aur Dubai jaake daavat mein jaane ka aisa advertisment karega...Ki raat ko photo toh Aajtak pe hoyegi hi...Salan kaunse tel mein bana tha yeh bhi batayengey news waley...Mamu ne clear kaha hai, hakle ko bulao mat... GOLDMAN’S WIFE Apne Abbu ke baarey mein aise baat karta hai tu?
29. BHANJA Toh sachi baat hai yeh...Vaise bhi dhandhey mein aane ke baad mera sabka ek hi Abbu hai... Goldman finishes a lap, gets out of the water, starts drying himself with a towel, the bypass surgery marks clearly visible. Bhanja sees Saleem walking towards the pool, as Goldman’s wife goes in. BHANJA (CONT'D) Ek minute Saleem Bhai... Saleem clearly resents this interruption. BHANJA (CONT'D) Baithiye...Zara details chaiyein thin... SALEEM PATHAN Main bhai ko... BHANJA Unhoney hi kaha hai mujhse...Aaj mulaqat hai na...Mamu pe bahut pressure hai kaam ka...Kahan har daayein baayein ko time de payeingey...Baithiyye... Pulls a chair for him. Saleem ignores him. Walks out to the pool side. A GANGSTER, SHOAIB walks to Goldman by the pool side. GOLDMAN Arre gir saale gir... Aidee pe zor de...aidee GOON Bhai mulaqat ka waqt ho gaya... GOLDMAN Hamare Hindustan mein `mulaqat ka waqt' ka koi alag hi matlab hota hai...peeche hat... Vaise shukar hai Allah taalah ka ke humara woh waqt nahi aaya... (Laughs) Bolo Saleem... SALEEM Bhai General aa gaye... Hmmm... GOLDMAN
Shoaib and Saleem follow him.
30. 22A INT. GOLDMAN'S HOUSE (ROOM) - DAY AZHAR, (a Hafiz Syed look alike) waiting in one room. Eating dry fruits, but anxious. Checks his watch. AZHAR Kahan reh gaye? Magrib ka waqt ho raha hai... GANGSTER#3 Yehin padh lijiyega...Aa rahein hain... A dressed Goldman walks into a room where General Raza, Khurram Mirza and Lt. Col. Niyaaz Ahmed are waiting for him. GENERAL RAZA Don't drop the guard...ok... GOLDMAN Asalaam Valekum General bhai... GENERAL RAZA Valekum Asalam... GOLDMAN Wah...Hukumat ghulam ke ghar... GENERAL RAZA Yeh chikni chupdi baatein aap rehne de... GOLDMAN Haan bhai...London mein Park Lane mein aapka apartment kharida gaya hai...Saleem...Sabla paper de le nay (marathi) SALEEM Haan bhai voh... GENERAL RAZA Aap baat badalne ki koshish na kare...aap acchi tareh jaante hai ki main yahan kyun aaya hoon... GOLDMAN Dekhiye aapne kahan beti ki shaadi pe nahi jaana...nahi gaya...ussi hotel mein tha...bandh kamrey mein television main sab dekha...lekin iss baar nahi...Mehndi, nikaah, walima sab Karachi main hai...Voh...voh...voh photography...vaghera kya...voh video...voh hum sab nahi allow kar rahein hai...Bhanja sab aapko (MORE)
31. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) details de dega iske baarey mein...lekin betey ke nikaah main aap...yeh toh...naaa... GENERAL RAZA Try...try to understand... GOLDMAN Accha aap ijazzat de please...Azhar saab mera intezaar kar rahein... GENERAL RAZA Iqbal kuch toh vajeh hogi... GOLDMAN Arre bhai kahin der hogi toh dhamaka voh yahan na kar deÉ (laughs) Accha bhai Javed, General bhai ko koi thanda pilaoo... GENERAL RAZA Saleem...Tum jaantey ho ki voh yahan se kahin nahi ja sakta... BHANJA Aree General Bhai...koshish toh bahut kar rahein...mamu nahi maan rahein...kya karein abhi... GENERAL RAZA Chup...Tell him to shut up...Shut up... SALEEM Bhanja...idhar aao...Aree idhar aao... GENERAL RAZA He's a hard nut to crack CUT TO: Goldman thinking hard. Bangalore... Ji Janaab... GOLDMAN AZHAR
GOLDMAN Nahi Azhar saab...Dil nahin manta...Vaise bhi naam kharab hai...Duniya mujhe terrorist samajh thi hai...Aree janaab yeh toh mera business hai...main vicharat (MORE)
32. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) karta hoon... varna main bhi insaan hoon...Zahkhat karta hoon...auron ki madad karta hoon... AZHAR Issi madad ke liye toh aaye hai janaab...Jab aap kuch kartey hai toh humarey logon ki taraf badta hua khatra bahut kum ho jaata hai...Bangalore main ek action bahut zaroori hai bhai... Kitney log? GOLDMAN
AZHAR Control rahega...aath ya dus... GOLDMAN Dhandha kharaab ho jaata hai bahut dinon tak... AZHAR Main zubaan deta hoon...Hadh se hadh pandrah log... Goldman followed by Bhanja walks out from the room sees his wife. GOLDMAN’S WIFE Arey voh laddiyaan theek se toh laga do... She sees Goldman, is about to say something, stops. Goldman smiles. GOLDMAN Haan...theek hai...theek hai... Ab bol bhi dijiye, begum... GOLDMAN’S WIFE Taiyyariyan chal rahin hain yeh bolney walin thin... GOLDMAN Accha...accha hua jo bata diya...varna pata kaise chal jaata... GOLDMAN’S WIFE Na bolein toh kehtey hain bol bhi do...
33. GOLDMAN (Puts a hand on her shoulder) Humari fitrat main hai chhupana...Tumhari fitrat main hai batana...Hum apna istyle nahi chodengey...Tum kyun chodogi... Chaltey hai...Chal Bhanjey... She giggles. He walks into the room where Raza is. Iqbal aap... GENERAL RAZA
GOLDMAN Tum jo kuch bhi keh lo...meri na haan main nahin badalne wali... GENERAL RAZA Aap baat nahi samajh rahein... GOLDMAN Tum nahi samajh rahein...Daraake dukaan khadi ki hai general bhai...Dar jaunga toh bandh ho jayegi... Goldman simply gets up does a salaam, walks out. CUT TO: 23 INT. KARACHI SAFE HOUSE - NIGHT PBS 3 - Ref: Ringa Ringa Ringa from Slumdog Millionaire/Choli Ke Peeche from Khalnayak Two young girls performing a mujra, nothing in the kathak style. It is simply a ‘folk Pakistani Punjabi song with beats’ playing on a music system and the girl dancing as vulgarly as possible. Just a snatch plays. We notice when Goldman holds his two fingers out, a lit cigarette appears from nowhere, when he makes a gesture for a glass, a drink appears, when he holds out his palm currency appears, which he hands to the girls. CUT TO: 24 EXT. NAPIER ROAD - NIGHT Colour and flavours of Napier Road. Rudra Pratap Singh walking through the lanes. A pimp stops and looks at him. 24B INT. SURAIYA'S ROOM - NIGHT Rudra Pratap Singh enters, bolts the room. There is a girl on the bed inside.
34. He walks straight to her although the room is fairly dark. THE GIRL Itney andhere mein itna seedhey chaltey ho... Yaa toh chor ho yaa sipahi... Rudra Pratap stops. She uses a fan regulator like switch to fade up the light. He just can not stop looking at her. She is beautiful but one side of her face has an ugly scar carved out by a knife. He continues to look at her mesmerized. THE GIRL (CONT'D) Log aksar ghoorke nazar pher lete hain... RUDRA (Looking into her eyes) Kyon ki woh dekh nahi paate jo main dekhta hoon... He sits on the bed. Looks at her. She's not used to men staring at her face. There is a sexual tension in the air. The girl walks away to open a drawer. Pulls out a packet of condoms. The girl looks at Rudra. THE GIRL Kapde tum utaroge ya main utaaroon? Rudra stares for a beat and walks upto her pulls out her kurta. They have sex. Raw and unemotional. Almost clinical. JUMP CUT TO: They lie naked. Distanced. Not touching each other. The girl turns to Rudra and stares at him. Her eyes move down his body yo his scars. She moves towards him and runs her hand across his scars. THE GIRL (CONT'D) Kya kahani hai inki? He pretends to sleep. She gets the message, shuts her eyes. He opens his eyes.
35. RUDRA (V.O.) Yeh sawal main karna chahta tha... Uske zakhm ke baare mein... Lekin agar karta toh uski kahani ke jawab mein mujhe apni kahani batani padti... Aur woh main nahi kar sakta tha...
INT. ASHWINI'S RAW OFFICE/INDIAN HIGH COMMISSION ISLAMABAD DAY Ashwini in his office picks up the phone. MISRA Good afternoon...Vicky Thakur murder mein mere paas ek ajeeb tip aayi... Ashwini disconnects the mobile trying to look casual. MISRA (CONT'D) (Noticing) Vicky ka killer kisi official vehicle mein bhaaga tha...Aajkal Pakisatn mein hai...Kahin aapke dream project ka hissa toh nahi hai? ASHWINI Kaunsa dream project...Jo tumney bandh karva diya... MISRA Aapne bandh kahan kiya hoga...Thoda toh main bhi jaanta hoon aapko... ASHWINI Thoda jaantey ho...Poora nahi... Ashwini walks off. Dials a number. The phone is answered by DIPANKER GHOSH - Cultural Attache, Indian High Commission Islamabad. CUT TO:
INT. DIPANKER GHOSH'S OFFICE - DAY Hello... DIPANKER
ASHWINI Dipanker...Dawn mein ek ad dena hai... CUT TO:
36. 26 INT. TOILET - DAY Aslam trying to balance a small code book, the DAWN newspaper and himself on the pot. He is clumsy. ASLAM Tcch...Ghantey ka code hai...Bacha bhi bata dega Dolmen Mall likha hai...Time...Time...Time! CUT TO: 26A INT. SHOPPING MALL (FOOD COURT) - DAY They all meet at adjacent tables in the food court. Wali Khan sits with Zoya. Rudra on Wali's left, Aslam on Zoya's on different tables. Wali Khan discreetly passes mobiles with prepaid sim cards. WALI KHAN Saat din...Saat sim card...Daily ek use karkey destroy kar do... Zoya passes a chit to Wali as she pretends to hold his hand ZOYA (speaking softly and smiling as if she is mouthing endearing terms) Detonators timers chahiyein... sharpnel nahi...Hotel mein material milega...improvise kar loonga...Aur Semtex...koi bhi grade chalega... doosra koi explosive nahi...Hotel mein sniffer dogs hain...Aur haan teen kilo badaam! ASLAM Itney badaam khaakey hi idea aayega ki barood Hotel mein kaise leke jaana hai... WALI KHAN Semtex ka odour badaam ki khusbhu jaisi hi hota hai... ASLAM Aur aadmi kutton ko apne se zyada hoshiyar samajhta hai...Batao yaar... WALI KHAN Aslam...Tumhey Ambulance ka arrangement karna hai...
37. ASLAM (On the phone) Haan...Easy... Arms main... WALI KHAN
RUDRA Weapon selection ke liye saath aaoonga... Under gritted teeth and suppressed anger Wali Khan and Rudra Pratap Singh now begin to have an argument. WALI KHAN Napier Road ke kothon ke bahar ki Karachi alga hai...pehchaan liye jaogey... RUDRA GIC se recruit hue ho...training ke baad North East mein rahe ho... Aur yahan aane se pehle sirf cardboard cutout pe goli chalayi hai tumney... WALI KHAN Kaam kiya hai apna... Tumhari tarah army se suspend nahi hua? RUDRA Firing hogi...kissey hogi...wo weapons main choose karoonga... WALI KHAN Tum team ka hissa ho... RUDRA Team sport mujhe pasand nahi...Hockey football kabhie nahi kheli kyunki jitne log utni kamzoriyan... WALI KHAN Toh main chala jaata hoonÉ Jeet lo akeleÉ Par yaad rakhnaÉ Yeh tumhara mulk nahi haiÉ Khurram reappears and takes the opposite seat. Rudra sees Wali getting nervous. KHURRAM MIRZA Ustra achcha chalate ho pata tha... Tez yahan bhi ho yeh nahi pata tha... Wail Khan looks nervous.
38. KHURRAM MIRZA (CONT'D) Daro nahi... Woh mard hi kya jiska koi khubsoorat raaz naa ho... Hamare toh kain hain... WALI KHAN (Hesitating, to Zoya) Nahi nahi...aah...main zara bathroom hoke aata hoon... KHURRAM MIRZA realises that Wali Khan is getting nervous. Wali Khan walks away as we stay on Khurram. CUT TO: 26B INT. SHOPPING MALL (RESTROOM) - DAY Wali Khan enters the restroom, moves towards a stall when he is blocked by RP. RUDRA PRATAP Oopar achanak nervous kyon ho gaye thaiy? WALI KHAN (Tries to wade ahead) Jitney sawaal jawaab honey thaiy sab oopar ho gaye kaptaan... RP blocks him again. Wali pushes him. RP is provoked, grabs him, almost pushes him into a mirror but stops. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) Tumhari tarah khali daraoonga nahi... Now Wali Khan grabs him, tries to bend his finger, stops just in time as a man (Housekeeping) enters the stall. They separate. Rudra goes to the urinal and Wali Khan to the was basins. Tension as they wait for the man to leave. Wali Khan moves to leave as Rudra blocks his way pretending to use the wash towel. The two men look at each other. The guard suspects something for a second. Then leaves. The two men start where they left off. Rudra gives him a couple of quick painful blows on areas you can’t leave a wound. Wali uses the dispenser, the soap, the stall doors. They seem to be equally matched when Rudra suddenly pins him around and holds him in a grip. RUDRA PRATAP Last chance....Bol nahi toh...Tumhari biwi...Tumhara bacha...Tumhari dukaan...Sab ka (MORE)
39. RUDRA PRATAP (CONT'D) pata hai mujhey...Sach bata...Why were you nervous? Now Wali turns him around. WALI KHAN (recovering) Jo tumharey kaam ki thi...Voh bata di...Yeh baat tumharey matlab ki nahi hai... Rudra strikes. RUDRA PRATAP Voh main decide karoonga...Tum... In anger Wali does the same to Rudra. WALI KHAN Nahi main decide karoonga...Mera regular customer hai...Lt. Colonel rank ka...ISI!...Meri wife ko bata sakta hai... They look at each other in silence. RUDRA PRATAP (V.O.) Sach yeh tha...Wali Khan ko Khurram ke ISI honey ka dar nahi tha...Use Khurram ka Nafisa ko sach bataney ka dar tha...Kisi apne ka uski sachayi jaanne ka dar...Isliye na aaj tak mera koi apna tha aur na kisike jaanne ka koi dar... CUT TO: 27 INT. SURAIYA'S ROOM - DAY/NIGHT Rudra comes back and knocks on THE GIRL's door. THE GIRL opens it. Rudra walks in and settles down as the girl stares at him. THE GIRL Dobara yahan? Kyon? Ishq toh nahi ho sakta... She smiles. RUDRA Nahi...Suna tha tum zyada sawal nahi karti...Aur waise bhi yahan koi aur aata nahi... The girl looks at him. THE GIRL Kapde tum utaaroge ya main utaroon? (beat) Sorry...Sawaal kiya...
40. Rudra smiles and she walks upto to him to remove his shirt. She unbuttons his shirt in a leisurely fashion. Music begins. DISSOLVE TO: 28 INT. SURAIYA HOUSE - MORNING PBS 4 - Love Song - Ref: Saibo from Shor In the City Rudra is avoiding THE GIRL and she is trying his best to seduce him, not so overtly. THE GIRL looking at the mirror. Covering the scars with a dupatta, seeing how she looks. Then seeing how she looks with the scars. Rudra is looking at her as he cleans his teeth with a miswah. THE GIRL Kya wahan bhi itni khubsoorat ladkiyan hain? RUDRA (Stops cleaning his teeth) Kahan? THE GIRL Jahan ke ho...(beat later she hums) Kajra re...Kajra re... Rudra looks at her. A bit stunned. She turns looks at him defiantly and walks out of the room. Their life continues. At every step he tries his best not to give in. To her. To his emotions. The proximity they share makes it difficult. She finds it amusing. Plays up the seduction. Enjoys his discomfort. They lie asleep. He on the floor. She on the bed. THE GIRL (CONT'D) (CONT'D) Heera Mandi ho ya Napier road... Har muhalle mein ek Veer Zara chalti hai...Taqdeer mein hi likha hai... She stops as she sees Rudra glaring at her. THE GIRL (CONT'D) ho...Aur iska matlab mujhse acha kaun jaanta hai... She turns and pretends to sleep. Laughing in her sleep. He keeps looking at her. She knows he's looking at her body. She adjusts herself so as to show him more. She knows he's finding it difficult.
41. THE GIRL brings out her mobile phone. Starts to click photos. Rudra Pratap smiles, lets her. She teases him. She sleeps. He wakes up. Takes her phone and starts to delete the photos. He hears a familiar sound, reacts. Slowly he turns to find THE GIRL standing. She looks at the mobile in his hand. THE GIRL (CONT'D) Sawaal nahin karungi...Tumse jhoot achcha nahi lagega... He looks at her. THE GIRL (CONT'D) Pata hai...Jitna kum jaanoon utna acha hai mere liye...Jaanney se tumhari mushkilein badhengi aur baad mein meri takleef... Rudra Pratap reacts. THE GIRL (CONT'D) Waise bhi mardon ke bina kuch kahey chaley jaaney ki aadat hai hamey... RUDRA PRATAP Unmein aur mujhmein farq hai... THE GIRL (Smiles) Woh toh dekhte hi nazar aa gaya tha...Tumne na hamdardi dikhayi... Na koi sapna...Nazar milayi...Phir hataa li...Rishta banaya...Aur toda bhi...Jo ho nahi sakta uski umeed nahi di...Lekin jiski umeed bhi nahi thi wo de diya...Aur kya chahiye? (beat) Ek cheez maangoon? He looks at her. She takes his finger and runs it across her scar. GIRL (Pointing to the scar) Jisney yeh kiya usey... Rudra Pratap looks into her eyes. Cold. Devoid of emotion.
42. RUDRA PRATAP Maut aasan doon ya mushkil...ya mushkil... CUT TO: 29 INT. GUN SHED/GUEST HOUSE CORRIDOR - DAY The guns are checked inside a small dingy room. Sounds of machinery and verses from the Quran being recited by young boys on the soundtrack. Rudra does a thorough inspection of the guns. Rudra looks at Wali, nods as the broker does react. He has always been known only to supply the best products. Barood? WALI KHAN
BROKER Aa raha hai...Garma garm, seedha bhatti se... Wali and Rudra look at him questioningly. BROKER (CONT'D) (Guffaws) Maal pakadna jinka kaam hai wohi bechney aa rahein hain... Wali Khan and Rudra let him enjoy his sick joke. The door opens. The person standing in front of them is none other than Khurram Mirza. Khurram Mirza's expression changes as he sees Wali Khan. The two men have no clue that something is wrong. They don't react. Rudra moves in a flash. He uses Khurram's gun to shoot them between the eyes. Khurram kicks Rudra backwards. He struggles not to let go, falls backwards. Khurram turns with his gun to him as Wali charges at Khurram, forcing the gun out. Khurram smashes Wali against the wall as Rudra charges, tackles him. They both go flying out of the door into the corridor. The fight continues down the narrow corridor as Wali struggles to his feet. Starts searching for the gun. broker screaming at the top of his voice. The
The fighting continues. Each of them matching blow for blow. Rudra kicks Khurram as he goes through another door, into a room that has sewing machines, bales of cloth. The tailors jump away as the two men almost kill each other. Scissors, the sewing machine, anything is used as weapons.
43. Wali Khan finds the gun as he deals with the broker. grabs the explosives and dashes out. He
The fight intensifies, Rudra puts Khurram's hand into the sewing machine, brings the needle down onto his open palm. Khurram screams in pain and uses all his strength to pry free. He charges at Rudra. The two of them fall through the window, onto the floor downstairs, among the children reciting the verses. Complete pandemonium ensues. Wali Khan runs out into the corridor. Down the stairs as Khurram rises to his feet. He realizes that Wali Khan is coming down. Sees the gun in his hand. He rushes to try and take the gun, but Wali Khan moves away. Sensing a chance to escape he runs out, as Rudra chases him. CUT TO: 29A EXT. STREET - DAY Through the compound he jumps into a running bus. Rudra runs after him, hangs from the bus. He pulls himself in. People react. Khurram charges at him. They smash into the back window. Wali Khan gets into an auto, uses the gun to get the auto to follow. The chase begins as the auto tries to catch up with the bus. CUT TO: 29B INT/EXT. BUS - DAY Inside the bus Khurram and Rudra ram into anything and everything. People scream as the bus driver slams the brakes. Rudra uses the momentum, throws Khurram out of the window. He runs out of the main door as Khurram gets to his feet and runs into the masjid compound. Wali Khan reaches the spot of the bus as he sees Rudra chasing him into the masjid. CUT TO: 29C INT/EXT. MASJID - DAY They run through the corridors as Khurram disappears. Rudra looks for him as Wali Khan makes his way through the panicked crowd into the compound. Rudra walks cautiously through the corridor, finds a trap door open onto the terrace. He walks up slowly, reaches the roof top.
44. Walks cautiously when Khurram attacks him with a barbed wire. He uses all his strength to pin him down, begins to strangle him. Rudra can feel the air leaving his lungs as Khurram uses all his power. The world starts to spin and then he sees him. To shots are suddenly fired. Rudra and Khurram turn to find Wali Khan standing with the gun. Wali Khan looks at Rudra's eyes. He knows that he is thinking the same thing as Khurram. WALI KHAN Ruk ja Khurram... KHURRAM MIRZA Isko niptaney de...phir baat kartey hain...Nikaltey hain kuch solution... WALI KHAN Chalana nahi chahta...chalaney pe majboor mat kar... KHURRAM MIRZA Tumse nahi chalegi goli...varna andar hi fire kar detey...hum dost hain...mainWali Khan fires but the gun stops on him. KHURRAM MIRZA (CONT'D) Ustara chalaney aur pistaul chalaney mein farq hai bhai! Wali Khan thumps the gun and fires. The bullet finds its mark. Khurram loses balance. Rudra tries to get hold of him as he falls off the roof into the middle of the masjid compound. CUT TO: 30 EXT. MASJID/MARKET AREA - DAY Pakistan police investigation. General Raza and Niyaaz Ahmed arrive and look at the three bodies lying on the street. COP Babloo aur Wasim Khan ki gang mein bahut dinon se phadda hai...lagta hai uske beech mein aapke... Raza ignores him. Moves towards Niyaz.
45. RAZA (To Niyaaz) Goliyon ke entry wounds dekho... Photos are taken. CUT TO: 31 INT. ASHWINI'S RAW OFFICE - DAY Mishra throws photographs in front of Ashwini. MISHRA Ministry mein sawal uth rahe hain sir... Ke Karachi mein aapka mission activate toh nahi ho gaya... (Pause) Toh kya jawab dena hai...? ASHWINI Don't worry Mishra... Jawab main de doonga... Abhi retire nahi hua hoon... (beat) One more thing... Koi bhi mission mera ya tumhara nahi hota...Desh ka hota hai... Ashwini walks away. CUT TO: 32 INT. WALI KHAN'S BARBER SHOP - DAY Wali Khan at the barber shop. WALI KHAN Sir you can’t shuts us down like this...Main aapko assure kar raha hoon...target ke yahan kisi qism ke panic ke signs nahi hain... Situation dekhney dijiye...Meri judgement pe rely kijiye...Mujhe zara sa bhi risk laga toh I’ll myself call it off... CUT TO: 32A INT. ASHWINI'S RAW OFFICE - DAY ASHWINI Kal tumhari family London ja rahi hai...unke saath jao... WALI KHAN Aap kal ki baat kar rahein hain... aapke orders hain toh main aaj chala jaata hoon...lekin usey wapis laane ka yeh aakhiri mauka hai hamarey paas...Haarney se (MORE)
46. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) pehley hamey haara hua mat banaiyye... Kaunsa medal ke liye kar rahein hain hum...Le aaye toh wahan bhi gumnaam lekin zinda aur na laaye toh yahan bhi gumnaan lekin dafan... Music fades in. DISSOLVE TO: 33 INT. MUSLIM BURIAL GROUND - DAY PBS 5 - Theme Song - Ref: A rock/Sufi take on Hairat from Anjana Anjaani Montage begins. Wali Khan attends the funeral of Khurram Mirza. He watches his young son being coached on the burial ritual. MAULVI Faatiha padho bete... CUT TO: 33A INT. GOLDMAN'S HOUSE - DAY The celebrations begin. Relatives and guests start arriving. Goldman plays the perfect husband and doting father. CUT TO: 33B INT. WALI KHAN'S HOUSE - DAY A feast has been organised. Relatives begin streaming in to say farewell. Kabeer shows them pamphlets from London. Everyone showers praise on Nafisa. She looks full of pride to her husband. He sees her the centre of attention. He smiles. KHALAJAAN Dekha kaisa dulha pasand kiya tumharey liye - Naseeb badal diye tumharey maine Nafisa. Wali Khan tries to hide his guilt. CUT TO: 33C INT. GARAGE - DAY
Zoya with the blue prints, photographs of the hotel. CUT TO:
47. 33D INT/EXT. SHERATON HOTEL (VARIOUS) - DAY Wali Khan and Rudra Pratap Singh enter the Sheraton separately. Rudra more careful of the camera positions. They start a recce of the basement parking, the service elevator, and other areas. CUT TO: 33E INT. GARAGE - DAY Zoya uses hotel stationery. Wali Khan absentmindedly puts the stationary in his bag. Aslam gets the ambulance into a garage. Strips a SUV, starts to exchange the engines. CUT TO: 33F EXT. KARACHI PORT - DAY Rudra Pratap Singh goes to the Karachi docks. Makes contact with the fishing trawler guy. Meets the captain. Gives him a diamond. TRAWLER CAPTAIN Kitney log hain? Paanch... RUDRA PRATAP
The trawler captain puts his hand out once again, Rudra Pratap places 4 more diamonds in it. CUT TO: 33G INT/EXT. NAVAL OFFICERS OFFICE - DAY A TV is playing as Ashwini speaks to a high ranking Naval Officer. NEWCAST Toh khule aam chal rahin hain Karachi mein GOLDMAN ke bete ki shaadi ki taiyyariyan...Lekin sarkar ki taraf se ab bhi koi maang nahi ki ja rahi hai Pakistani sarkar se... CUT TO: 33H INT. GOLDMAN'S HOUSE - DAY The festivities continue at the house. Aslam and the other drivers watch from a distance. He walks casually to his car. The invites are lying in the backseat of the parked car. Aslam looks at the front door of Saleem Pathan’s house. There is no one.
48. Aslam comes out of the car. Opens the back door. Leans into flick the cards when somebody taps him on the shoulder. It is Saleem Pathan. Aslam starts dusting the back seat. ASLAM Woh baby paer chadha ke baithi thi bhai...jooton ke nishan padh gaye thai...! SALEEM PATHAN Chal chal...sau kaam padey hain... tujhe meri tarbooz pe dhool lagney ki fikar hai... 34i INT. GOLDMAN'S HOUSE - DAY Inside Goldman and Raza sitting. GENERAL RAZA Khurram Mirza tumhari security mein tha...Tum is baat ko lightly mat do...Americans ne jo Osama ke saath kiya uske baad kisi ke bhi ambitions... GOLDMAN (Starts laughing) Utni mehnat ka unko koi shauq nahi hai aur Khuraam kyon maara gaya aap jaantey hain...Yeh business uske bahut din ka shuroo kiya hua aur cut oopar bhi ja raha... GENERAL RAZA Tum itni zid kyon kar rahey ho is baar... GOLDMAN (Opens the buttons of his shirt and runs a hand over his surgical wounds) By paas do hain...Beta ek hi hai! Goldman walks off. Joins the little children dancing. CUT TO: 34j EXT. MOSQUE AT NAPIER ROAD - DAY THE GIRL leads Rudra Pratap through the local market. Rudra Pratap vigilant as ever making sure that he blends into the crowd. Dressed so that very little of him is visible he escorts his love as they wind through the celebrations of 'Urs' in the marketplace.
49. Young boys dance in front of a massive truck with speakers and a chaadar that will be offered in prayer at the local darga. THE GIRL watches the celebrations with childish glee, suddenly she tenses up. She holds his hand as if on reflex. He feels her grip, looks at her, then in the direction of where she is looking. Jaffer the local goon, pimp, hustler, dada, walks out. An air of arrogance in his stride. She turns away once again, a reflex. He holds her hand. Jaffer walks past them to the truck, makes his presence felt, offers a massive donation. The local boys all pay their respects to him. He smiles, starts to walk through the lane. As if leading the procession. Rudra starts to walk behind him. She comes with him. CUT TO: 34k INT. WALI KHAN'S HOUSE - DAY Wali Khan at home. Son finds stationary. Starts to use. Nafisa completes the packing. CUT TO: 34l INT/EXT. SHERATON HOTEL (PORCH) - DAY The dogs go through routine checks. The engine and the boot of the car are checked, but not the artifacts in the front, covered with brown paper which is strategically torn at some places exposing what look like ceramic artifacts. Zoya gets down at the main door. A box of almonds goes through the X-Ray machine. She struggles deliberately with one of the artifacts as she tries to take it through the metal detector, the neck breaks and falls down with a crash. The security guy is anxious. Wahan donon wahan haath SECURITY GUARD#3 se jaayein nahi toh yeh bhi toot saktey hain...Assad se utha ke kisi ladke ke oopar bhijwao...
The other guards begin to help Zoya carry them when we see Bhanja coming out. He keeps looking at her and then puts on a chivalrous act by carrying the other one in. BHANJA (Flirting) From Claycraft?
50. Zoya just nods demurely. Beautiful... Thank you... BHANJA (CONT'D) ZOYA
And she quickly moves away. CUT TO: 34m EXT. NAPIER ROAD/PARKING LOT - DAY The procession reaches a junction. Jaffer waves his hand to no one in particular, crosses the street. Rudra and the girl begin to cross at a safe distance. He makes a few comments to the local shopkeepers, enters a podium parking lot. Rudra turns to the girl, tells her to leave. She looks at him as if to call it all off. He does not wait for her to answer. He enters the parking lot. CUT TO: 34n INT. GOLDMAN'S DEN - DAY More preparations on at house. Singing. Lots of guests. Men eating in tramis and amongst all this hustle bustle Aslam wandering from room to room. Finally he sees what he wants. Picks two. Turns. Goldman enters with his son and a tailor. ASLAM Rukke bhai...Kum padh gaye thaiy... Saleem bhai ne... GOLDMAN Toh ginke do kyon le raha hai? ASLAM Ji bhai do hi kum padey thaiy... GOLDMAN Theek hai...theek hai... CUT TO: 34o INT. WALI KHAN'S BARBER SHOP - DAY Wali Khan sits in looks at the gun. Puts it back in. get familiar with the back room of his barber shop. He Dismantles it. Takes the magazine out. Starts the process once again trying to it. CUT TO:
51. 34p INT. SHERATON (ROOM 905) - DAY RECEPTIONIST Nahi Bhatti sahab ka programme extend ho gaya hai...14th tak hum aapko shift nahi kara paayeingey madam... Zoya panics as she walks towards the elevator. CUT TO: 34q EXT. PARKING LOT - DAY Jaffer walks up the spiraling road. Rudra follow him. They reach the top of the parking lot. Rudra waits for him to pass a car that is being repaired. He makes a smart alec comment to the struggling owner. He takes out his key, uses the remote keychain to open his car. Rudra follows him. He reaches out towards the car being repaired as the owner struggles under the hood. The owner reaches for a screwdriver to find it gone. Puzzled he looks everywhere. Jaffer sits in the car. The passenger door flies open. Jaffer reacts, but in a flash the screw driver finds its mark in his neck. It severs his jugular. The blood gushes out as Jaffer slumps into Rudra's lap. The blood continuing to spill. Life leaving his eyes slowly. CUT TO: 34r INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM 905) - NIGHT Zoya is sitting on the bed. Thinking. She goes to the mini bar. Opens a miniature and downs it. Makes a decision and calls up. Hello... MOIN
ZOYA Moin...I am sorry Moin... Beat. MOIN Zoya...Wapas aa jao bas...You don’t need to... ZOYA I need to...I am sorry Moin... MOIN Kaun hai Zoya? Just tell me...
52. ZOYA (starts crying, sniffles) Koi nahi hai...kuch nahi hai...but...I am sorry... She keeps the phone down. She looks towards the fruit bowl. Keeps the knife kept by the side into her small handbag and zips it up. CUT TO: 34s INT. MUNICIPAL MORGUE - NIGHT Wali Khan meets up with Municipal van and checks out 3 bodies (Male, female and child). Transports them into the ambulance. CUT TO: 34t INT. SHERATON HOTEL (COFFEE SHOP) - NIGHT Shahryar Bhatti at the bar. A completely transformed Zoya bends forward and greets him. ZOYA Hello Mr. Bhatti... Bhatti smells the alcohol on her. SHAHARYAR BHATTI Hamney toh usi din poocha tha aapke business ke baarey mein... (offers her a drink) Drink lengi ya kafi ho gayi hai! ZOYA takes the drink, doesn't say anything. Sharyar begins to snap fingers at the waiter to get another glass. CUT TO: 34u INT. SURAIYA'S ROOM - NIGHT THE GIRL turns on the light. Is shocked to find Rudra Pratap bathed in blood. They don't speak at all. She starts to undress him and then cleans his body with water. This time he gives in. He lets his emotions take over. They make love. Passionate. Intense. She cries as they find each other. CUT TO:
53. 34v INT. SHERATON HOTEL (9TH FLOOR + ROOM 906) - NIGHT Zoya and Sharyar Bhatti exit from the elevator. They walk to their rooms. She enters his room. The door closes. Inside the room. Sharyar is necking her. Zoya reaches out for the bag kept on the side table. But Sharyar grabs her hand. It falls down. He pushes her on the bed, gets on top of her. Her eyes well up. Brief struggle between Shahryar and her. She manages to pick up the pencil on her side and thrust it into his neck. CUT TO: 34x INT. ZOYA’S LONDON HOUSE BEDROOM - NIGHT Moin is making love to her when he abruptly stops. MOIN Kaun hai Zoya? Tell me... She looks hurt. Stares at him. Then her eyes well up. Her hand reaches for the dresser. On it a pad and pencil. She grips the pencil as Sharyar slobbers over her. She uses the pencil as she shuts her eyes. Blood splatters on her face. FADE OUT: FADE IN: 35 INT/EXT. BANGALORE MALL - DAY Next morning. Bangalore. LeT Operative enters a mall. Opens the bag and shows the security guard a laptop. Goes to the food court. Opens the laptop and sets a timer. Goes away towards a coffee shop. Slinks out. Blinding light. CUT TO: 36 INT. KARACHI AIRPORT - DAY Wali Khan watches the news at the airport as he bids farewell to his family. NEWSREADER Bangalore mein ek dhamakey mein pandrah afraad ke halaak honey ki khabar hai... CUT TO: 37 INT. CAR - DAY Aslam is listening to Raza and Saleem talking as he drives.
54. RAZA Saleem samjhao usey...Iss Bangalore blast se voh usey jod chuke hain... Aisey mein uske publicly mehndi... nikaah...valima sab attend karney ki khabar bahar aayi toh kya hoga? CUT TO: 38 INT. GOLDMAN'S HOUSE (JAMAL'S ROOM) - DAY Goldman enters Jamal’s room. A suit and a sherwani are lying on the bed. Goldman caresses the fabric lovingly. Jamal is busy watching the news. A TV discussion is going on. PRESENTER Jinka aise dhamakon mein pehley haath raha hai voh toh khul ke shaadiyon ka jashan mana rahein hain...Kya hum aadi ho gaye hain aise hamlon ke? GOLDMAN (Sits) Bahut badey chootiye hain yeh log...Inke yahan bhi logon ne ek saath hamarey hazzaar barah sau logon ko maara hai...Unke yahan shaadiyan hotin hain toh itna zor zor se kyun nahi chillatey... JAMAL Yeh sab aap mujhe kyun bata rahey... GOLDMAN Betey ko chhodke padosiyon ko bataun kya? (Suddenly) Zara sherwani pehan ke dikhao... JAMAL Thodi der mein pehney hue dekhney hi wal... Pehno... GOLDMAN
The way Goldman says it Jamal simply gets up, picks up the Sherwani, walks to the bathroom. Comes out dressed. Goldman smiles. On the TV the anchors get further agitated. PRESENTER Yeh aadmi qatil hai aur court ki judgement... Jamal switches off the TV.
55. GOLDMAN (Holds him by his arms) Mashallah...Shakal Ammi pe gayi hai...Acha hai...Lekin jigar Abba ka rakh! Haath chalta hai, toh kuttey bhaunktey hi hain...Sunney ki aadat daalo... Goldman switches the TV back on. CUT TO: 39 INT. WALI KHAN'S HOUSE - DAY Wali Khan brings the bodies into the house. Starts to rig the house. CUT TO: 40 INT. SURAIYA'S HOUSE - DAY Rudra Pratap starts to pack. THE GIRL wakes up. He takes out some cash. Pakistani ruppees. She reacts. RUDRA PRATAP (Putting it down) Keemat nahi chuka raha hoon... GIRL Pata hai...chuka nahi saktey... They look at each other for a moment. She goes into the inner room. He hesitates for a second. Then leaves. The door closes behind him. CUT TO: 41 EXT. WALI KHAN'S HOUSE - DAY Wali Khan's house catches on fire. CUT TO: 42 EXT. KARACHI ROAD - DAY Wali Khan parks the ambulance in the appointed lane. He exits the ambulance carrying a suit. CUT TO: 43 INT/EXT. SHERATON HOTEL (PORCH) - EVENING Rudra Pratap drives a car into the Sheraton. The routine car check is carried out by security. Under the invite lies a box of almonds. The boot, glove box and engine of the car is checked.
56. All clear. Rudra Pratap drives his car into P3, heads to elevator. CUT TO: 43A INT/EXT. SHERATON HOTEL (PORCH) - EVENING Aslam drives his car in. Saleem Pathan and his wife get out. Aslam drives the car into P1 using the special pass. CUT TO: 43B INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM 905) - EVENING Zoya starts to get ready. CUT TO: 43C INT. SHERATON HOTEL (10TH FLOOR) - EVENING Rudra Pratap Singh exits the elevator on the 10th floor. CUT TO: 43D INT. SHERATON HOTEL (BALLROOM) - EVENING Wali Khan is seen at the wedding. MC (announces) Ab aapke saamne pesh hai khwatenon hazrat wo awaaz jo aapko kalandaron ki tarah mast kar degi! Jamshed Junaid... Loud cheers for Jamshed Junaid. CUT TO: 44 INT. KARACHI AIRPORT - EVENING We see a lot of panciky passengers. The TV is playing the report. Volcanic ash. NEWSREADER#2 Volcanic ash ki vajah se Europe ko jaane wali tamaam flights radd ki ja rahin hain... Kya hua hai? NAFISA
LADY Allah jaane... Nafisa is in panic. Tries her husband. Can't get through.
57. NAFISA Inka mobile hi nahi mil pa raha Kabeer...Noor Sahab ko karti hoon... (Dials) Ji Assalaam-wale-kum...Nafisa bol rahi hoon...Kabeer ke Abbu ka... Aag...Kaisi aag ji... She listens crestfallen. Then starts crying. KABEER Ammi? Kya hua Ammi? A police official notices her plight. POLICE OFFICER Aap pareshan nahi hon...kafi flights cancel hui hain...hum yahan se aapko wapis... NAFISA Ji iske Abbu ka phone nahi lag raha...padosiyon ne bataya ki ghar pe aag lagi hai...kahin voh... Starts crying. POLICE OFFICER Aap kidhar rehti hain? Hum fauran local police station se pata kar letey hain... CUT TO: 44A EXT. WALI KHAN'S HOUSE - EVENING Outside Wali Khan's house the local policeman talks on the phone, confirms fire with entire family inside. LOCAL POLICEMAN Ji bilkul Waris sahab...sahi farmaya aapne...poori family khatam ho gayi hai... POLICE OFFICER Poori family??? Lekin... The police officer turns to see Kabeer and Nafisa. He quickly moves away and enters an office. POLICE OFFICER (CONT'D) Sir ISI desk pe kaun hai... CUT TO:
58. 45 INT. KARACHI AIRPORT - EVENING The SENIOR ISI officer at the airport comes with some more officials. SENIOR OFFICER Aap zara hamarey saath chaliye? NAFISA (panics) Kya hua? Unki koi khabar... SENIOR OFFICER Nahi wo bilkul sahi salamat hain... Ham aapke jaane ka bandobast kar rahein hain... Shukriya... NAFISA
SENIOR OFFICER Chaliye...Aaiyye... They leave. SENIOR OFFICER (CONT'D) (As they are walking) Pesha kya hai aapke shauhar ka... NAFISA Unki nayi ki dukaan hai Motan Das market mein... CUT TO: 45A EXT. CLIFTON - EVENING The cars start to leave from Clifton. CUT TO: 45B INT. SHERATON HOTEL (BALLROOM) - EVENING Jamshed freaking out on stage. CUT TO: 45C INT. KARACHI AIRPORT (OFFICIAL'S ROOM) - EVENING The senior officer is sitting with Nafisa. SENIOR OFFICER Toh yeh dukaam kab bechi unhoney? NAFISA Ji abhie toh nahi biki hai, wo keh rahey thaiy do chaar din mein...
59. SENIOR OFFICER Bech di hai...Ghar jal gaya hai... Aur wo mobile... Kabeer’s pencil slips from hand. Rolls to the floor. The officer picks up the pencil, reads on it 'Sheraton Hotel’. SENIOR OFFICER (CONT'D) Yeh pencil tumharey paas kaise... KABEER Mujhe de dein...Abbu ki hai...Parson laaye... The officer picks up his mobile. CUT TO: 45D INT. SHERATON HOTEL (BALLROOM) - EVENING General Raza gets a phone call. CUT TO: 45E EXT. SHERATON HOTEL (PORCH) - NIGHT Cars enter the hotel. CUT TO: 45F INT. SHERATON HOTEL (10TH FLOOR) - NIGHT Raza runs to Bhanja. GENERAL RAZA Behrey ho na tum haramzado...baat nahi suntey na...Uda dengey usko... They start to run towards the elevators. Get thrown backwards by the blast in the adjoining room. Bhanja manages to get up and get to a phone. CUT TO: 45G INT. SHERATON HOTEL (SERVICE ELEVATOR + SHAFT) - NIGHT Rudra Pratap blows the elevator roof open. Throws a smoke canister. Bang Bang. Both guards go down. Rudra Pratap jumps into the elevator. Holds the gun to Goldman. Knocks on the door. CUT TO: 45H INT. SHERATON HOTEL (PARKING LOT P3) - NIGHT The doors to the elevator open. Wali Khan. A car comes screeching. Aslam. They take hold of Goldman. Walk to the car when suddenly the first bullet is fired.
60. Wali Khan gets hit. Rudra Pratap and Aslam react as they are met with a volley of gunfire. Rudra Pratap manages to hold onto Goldman as he hits the ground. Goldman kicks him in the face trying to get free. Rudra Pratap reels backwards with the blow, momentarily letting go of Goldman. Frame Freezes. WALI KHAN (V.O.) Vohi purana kissa...Vohi purani galti...Galti kya thi pata nahi...Galti pe rone ka waqt nahi...galti sudharney ki koi soorat nahi! FRAME UNFREEZES Aslam opens the passenger door and tries to pull the injured Wali Khan into the car. Goldman scrambles away as far as he can from Rudra Pratap. Amidst the aimless firing Rudra Pratap lunges towards Goldman. He grabs hold of Goldman's collar, tries to drag him to the car. Bhanja and Saleem Pathan come out with guns blazing as a fresh round of bullets are fired. Goldman puts up a strong fight as he kicks and lashes out at Rudra Pratap. Rudra Pratap tries in vain to hold onto him not once bothering about the onslaught of bullets. Aslam tries covering for Rudra Pratap and fires at Bhanja and his men. Wali Khan realizing its a losing battle yells, WALI KHAN (CONT'D) (yells) Jeet pe voh hain Rudra...Pattey phaink... Rudra Pratap looses his grip on Goldman as Aslam slams the accelerator. The car begins to screech and swerve. Bullets everywhere. Rudra Pratap dives into the car. He reaches into his pockets and pulls out a phone. Presses a key. The car Rudra Pratap drove in blows up. The men are covered in rubble. Wali Khan looks at him and at the phone in his hand.
61. RUDRA PRATAP Purani aadat hai...ek patta hamesha chhupa ke rakhta hoon... Aslam finds it hard to see. Rudra Pratap shifts the car into reverse. RUDRA PRATAP (CONT'D) Go...Go...Go now... Aslam presses madly on the gas. The car flies backward pummeling bodies and other cars. It smashes through the wall falling 3 floors onto the main street. CUT TO: 45i INT. SHERATON HOTEL (PARKING LOT P3) - NIGHT The dust settles. Bhanja helps Goldman up who is furious with rage. CUT TO: 46 EXT. SHERATON HOTEL - NIGHT Outside the hotel security and Goldman's men reach the Black Mercedes 500S. Its empty. Paramedics and emergency services are seen all around the hotel premises. CUT TO: 47 EXT. ROAD OUTSIDE SHERATON - NIGHT An ambulance door opens. 3 men get in. Wali Khan, Rudra Pratap Singh and Aslam. Zoya drives the ambulance. CUT TO: 48 INT. SHERATON HOTEL (ROOM) - NIGHT Bhanja and Raza enter the room where Goldman is being tended. He looks up. He knows from their expression that they have escaped. He calmly looks at Saleem Pathan. GOLDMAN Badi mushkil se badnaam hue hain Saleem... Naam rakh lo hamara... Ek bhi nahi bache... Chahe poori Karachi hi kyon naa bandh karni pade.. CUT TO:
62. 49 INT. KARACHI ROADS - NIGHT The ambulance drives down the highway. The passengers sit quietly. FADE OUT: INTERVAL
63. 50 INT/EXT. VARIOUS - NIGHT Shots of Karachi being closed down. The airport, the docks, the railways. The police and ISI shut down all points of exit. NIYAAZ (O.S.) Zoya Rehman ki passport copy hai, Wali Khan ke poorey records aur Aslam ki driving license lekin is chauthey aadmi ke bas kuch blurred HOTEL CCTV camera grabs hain... RP’s Blurred Images - Clear Images of Zoya, Wali Khan, Aslam - circulated among the Police, security and other agencies. DISSOLVE TO: 51 EXT. KARACHI ROADS - NIGHT The gang ditches the ambulance on an empty street. Rudra Pratap finds a car around the corner. He jacks open the car and they head to the garage. 51A EXT. GARAGE - NIGHT The car stops outside the garage. They step out and help an injured Wali Khan as Aslam drives the car in. Aslam gets out, locks the garage from the outside. He re-enters the garage through the side window, locks it behind him. CUT TO: 51B EXT. KARACHI NAVAL BASE - NIGHT A car passes the security barriers at the Naval Base PNS Mehran - Karachi. CUT TO: 51C INT. NIYAAZ AHMED'S OFFICE - NIGHT Nafisa and her young son look on confused as they walk in a long corridor. The Senior ISI officer from the airport is with them. On the soundtrack we hear a man introducing himself. Nafisa continues to walk down the corridor. NIYAAZ (O.S.) Mera naam Niyaaz Ahmed hai...Kidhar ja rahin thin aap... NAFISA (O.S.) London ja rahey thaiy... NIYAAZ (O.S.) Ghoomney...Phirney?
64. NAFISA (O.S.) Nahi...Wahin rehney waley hain ab...Voh hamara saaman vahin pilane mein hi hai...humney uspe apna naam... NIYAAZ (O.S.) Saaman uttar liya gaya hai... NAFISA (O.S.) Unka kuch pata chala...Wo hamarey ghar mein aag lag gayi thi toh... aap unke baarey mein humse kuch chhupa toh nahi rahey... NIYAAZ WO ZINDA HAIN... She heaves a sigh of relief and mutters a silent prayer. He smiles. A plate of food and cold drinks is brought in, he sits down offering it to the boy. The boy looks at his mother who gestures that he can have it. The boy starts to eat the snacks hungrily. NIYAZ Aapke shauhar naayi hain... Chhoti is dukaan thi... Toh tine paise kahan se aaye ke London jao? NAFISA (little defiant) Khuda ki nemat hai... NIYAAZ (smirks) Yeh bank statement hai unka... Niyaaz Ahmed opens a file, presents a bank statement to her. The amount reads Rs. 17,421/NIYAAZ (CONT'D) (CONT'D) Satrah hazaar chaar sau ekkis... Bas itni hi nemat thi... Do mahine se ek rupya nahi nikala account se... Ticket khareedney ke paise kahan se aaye? Nafisa starts to get nervous. NAFISA Hum...voh...aah...aur bhi paisa joda tha aur Finsburry mein merey bhai... Aap unse kyon nahi baat karte? Unka number... She reaches into her bag, takes out her mobile. Dials. NIYAAZ 03453067189...Bandh pada hai... (MORE)
65. NIYAAZ (CONT'D) Yahin airport pe aapko chhodney ke baad se bandh hai... Sim card nikal ke jala diya hoga... She looks at him. Her nervousness getting elevated. Niyaaz puts on the television. The news channels detailing the blast at the Sheraton. She looks at it. He comes, sits next to her. NIYAAZ (CONT'D) shaamil hain... (searching for the right words) Officers...Terrorists! laakhon ka nuksaan hua...Aadha Sheraton ud gaya...Pandrah log maarey gaye...Sau se oopar zakhmi...Pehli goli kisney chalayi pata nahi lekin aakhiri goli aapke shauhar Wali Khan ne khayi itna pakka hai aur abhi who ab faraar hai... Her head starts to reel. She gets up to go. Picks up her son and reaches the door when the security stands in her way. NIYAAZ (CONT'D) Aap kahin nahi jaa sakti mohtarma... Baith jaiye...jaa sakti mohtarma... CUT TO: 52 INT. GARAGE - NIGHT On the soundtrack we hear her pleading. NAFISA (V.O.) Aapse zaroor koi galti hui hai...Hamarey shauhar ke baarey mein aap kisi se bhi maloom kar saktey hain...Nek aadmi hain... aisa kar hi nahi saktey... Wali Khan struggles with the pain. Rudra Pratap Singh gets some tongs, spirit, proceeds to extract the bullet out of the wound as Wali Khan bites hard into a cloth. NAFISA (V.O.) (CONT'D) Namazi hain...humey izzat detey hain...Kabeer ko pyar... Aslam and Zoya sit quietly shuddering at the sounds of pain.
66. NAFISA (V.O.) (CONT'D) Voh koi Hindustani terrorist nahi hain...nayi ki dulkaan chalatey hain saalon se... Wali Khan shuts his eyes. ASHWINI (V.O.) Sab ka apna sach hota hai jisey who sahi maante hain... Nafisa ka sach ISI ke sach se alag tha... Indian government ka sach mere sach se alag tha... CUT TO: INT. ASHWINI'S OFFICE - NIGHT ASHWINI (V.O.) (CONT'D) Sab apni sach par adey hue they... Aur mujhe bhi wohi karna tha... Ashwini sitting in his office as the phone flashes PMO calling. He picks it up. MEA MINISTER (O.S.) How the hell did this happen? 53 INT. PMO - NIGHT Ashwini sits in front of the PM. Everyone seems to be questioning him but the PM and he are quietly looking at each other without saying a word. OFFICIAL#1 Maine pehle hi kaha tha...Ab kya kahenge yeh apne operation ke baare mein? He remains quiet. The PM keeps looking at him. OFFICIAL#1 (CONT'D) I don't believe this! RAW ke chief ke paas jawaab nahi hai... Mishra...Tell me...Kitne agents the? MISRA ISI keh rahi hai chaar sir... Ashwini still remains quiet. MEA MINISTER (Frustrated) Ashwini...Are they any good? PTV pe toh nahi dekhna padega unhe? Jaldi se press brief banao...Aur pray karo ke yeh un chaaron se judi hui aakhiri news ho...
67. PM Ussey pehle mujhe tumhara resignation letter chahiye... Ashwini is handed a sheet of paper and a pen and is escorted out of the room. Mishra waits for Ashwini to exit, turns to the Prime Minister. MISHRA Sir...Woh Pakistan mein pakdey gaye toh hum bahut embarrass hongey...I can handle it sir... The PM nods. CUT TO: 54 INT. PMO (PRESS ROOM) - NIGHT Ashwini standing at the back. Hordes of press. Ashwini watches an official brief journos. PRESS OFFFICIAL (reading from a statement) Pakistan ke hotel blast mein Indian Govt ki koi agency involved nahi hai...Hum khud aisi terrorist activities...jaise ki aaj ka Mall attack...ke target rahein hain aur foreign soil pe aisi koi bhi activity encourage nahi kartey... Pakistani authorities ko is probe mein koi bhi help dene ke liye hum committed hain...That will be all... CUT TO: 54A INT. GARAGE - NIGHT The gang of four watches the press conference on a small television. REPORTER Halanki koi public statements nahi aaye hain Pakistani Government sources ka kehna hai ki Hindustan ne yeh operation India’s Most Wanted ko eliminate karney ke liye kiya tha... CUT TO:
68. 54B INT. CORRIDOR - NIGHT Ashwini walks out of the press room into the corridor. A senior journalist chases him. SENIOR JOURNALIST Off the record...aapne usey target karney ke liye yeh operation kiya tha... ASHWINI Usey? Kisey? Acha usey...Lekin unke according toh voh wahan hai hi nahi aur abhie tak jo jahan hai hi nahi...usey wahan attack karney ki technology hamarey paas hai hi nahi... Ashwini moves away. CUT TO: 54C INT. NIYAAZ AHMED'S OFFICE - NIGHT General Raza and Niyaaz Ahmed watch the senior journalist on Indian TV. SENIOR JOURNALIST Agar yeh maan bhi liya jaaye ki ismein RAW ki involvement thi toh Pakistan kahega kya...as one of our sources said...jo according to Pakistan Govt. wahan hai hi nahi usey wahan attack kaise kiya ja sakta hai? NIYAAZ Chit bhi inki, pat bhi inki aur sikka inke baap ka... Koi official position nahi ho sakti jab tak hum Goldman ka naam is issue se hata nahi dete... Isey sirf Sheraton pe ek Indian terrorist attack ki shakal deni padegi... CUT TO:
INT. GOLDMAN'S DEN - NIGHT Goldman and his men watch on their big screen television. NEWSREADER#3 Sheraton pe is terrorist attack mein pandrah se zyada afrad halaak hue hain...
69. 55 INT. PMO (PRESS ROOM) - NIGHT REPORTER#2 Agar voh pakdey jaatey hain aur yeh prove hota hai ki voh Indians hain toh aap kya kareingey? PRESS OFFICIAL Kuch nahi because we have nothing to do with them... The reporters start to ask a million questions. 55A INT. GARAGE - NIGHT The four of them watching the news understand that they have been left to fend for themselves. ASLAM Palla jhaad diya...Inke hisaab se hum chhotiye yahan nahi hai...Unke hisaab se voh chootiya yahan nahi hai...lekin hum donon chootiye yahin hain aur voh chootiya...hum chhotiyoon ki bajaney wala hai... CUT TO: 56 EXT. PMO - NIGHT Ashwini walks out slowly, starts to walk towards his car. Suddenly he falters a bit, a security guard and secretary rush to help him. He apologizes, they feel a bit sympathetic for the aging ex head of RA&W. He thanks them, walks off, opens his palm to reveal the mobile that he just lifted from the secretary. He dials a number. CUT TO: 56A INT. GARAGE - NIGHT Wali Khan answers the telephone in the garage. He listens silently. WALI KHAN Sheraton mein unko achanak kaise pata chala? In the background the television plays the news of flights being grounded due to volcanic ash in Europe. Wali Khan has his back to the television.
70. ASHWINI Contact Dipankar Ghosh...he may help you...Tummein se kisi ne kahin kuch trail chhodi hai jisko pakad ke voh bas tum tak pahunchney hi waley hain... CUT TO: 57 INT. GOLDMAN'S DEN - NIGHT Bhanja and Saleem Pathan look up as General Raza and Niyaaz Ahmed complete giving the report to Goldman. NIYAAZ Yeh ladki pichle kaafi dinon se hotel main hi hai...Aslam Saleem bhai ki dein hai... (Saleem squirms uncomfortably) Teesra hai Wali Khan...Yahin ka haiÉIski details iski biwi ki interrogation ke dauran mili hai...Iski biwi aur bachcha dono London jaa rahein the... GOLDMAN Par inn maise voh chautha kahan hai jisne meri... RAZA Uske baarey main koi information nahi hai... BHANJA Napier Road...Randi khane main... GOLDMAN Voh zaroor koi fauji tha...uski aankhon se lag raha tha ki voh...Ay Saleem...ek cigarette aan... SALEEM Par bhai tumi sodli... GOLDMAN Aree maiti hai sodli...tension hai...bhai sodli sodli... GMAN WIFE Suniye ji..Voh milne aaye hai... CUT TO: 57A INT. GOLDMAN'S DEN (STUDY) - NIGHT He gets up, walks out to where the bride's father is seated. He takes him to the other room.
71. BRIDE'S FATHER Dekhiye nikaah postpone kartey hai...Har news main aapse naam judh raha hai humara...Aur humara India bhi bahut aana jaana hota hai... GOLDMAN Aap itminan rakhiye Iftaar saab...Kuch nahi hoga... BRIDE'S FATHER Aree kya kuch nahin hoga...kuch din chup bhaitney main kya harz hai...Saal bhar ke baad dekhtey hai na...Vaise bhi log bahut kuch bol rahein hai aapke baarey main...aapkey betey ke baarey main... Mera beta? GOLDMAN
BRIDE'S FATHER Nahi toh kya... Mera beta... GOLDMAN
BRIDE'S FATHER Haan...Aap hi ka beta... GOLDMAN Utth madarchod... Ji.. BRIDE'S FATHER
The bride’s father gets up, begins to adjust his crotch. GOLDMAN Utthmadarchod...Utth...Behenchod... Saaman chhod aur sun...Cricket ka commentary karta tha na tu...Do wicket kya gir gaya...Phat gayi...Sala main phast cricket khelta hoon...Chauka, chaka marta hoon..dukku...dukkur nahin khelta...nikkah kal ke liye tai kiya gaya tha...kal hi hoga...Mere betey ke khilaaf bolta hai... Goldman gets up, comes back in the room. Enraged he loses his cool. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Saleem...Mujhe voh har aadmi chahiye jo iss humley main shaamil tha...
72. GENERAL RAZA Voh kaam aapka... GOLDMAN Chup...chup...Zinda lane ki zaroorat nahi...Murdey bhi chalengey... CUT TO: 58 EXT. GARAGE - NIGHT
A police car pulls up outside the garage. Aslam hearing the sound of car tyres, moves towards the window. He sees the policemen alight from the car and question a man on the street. The policeman looks towards the garage. Aslam slinks away into the darkness. The policeman walks towards the front door of the garage, pushes and pulls to try and open the lock. Rudra Pratap pulls his gun out ready to take him down. Zoya does the same. The policeman retreats, drives away in the car. 58A INT. GARAGE - NIGHT Rudra Pratap is shaving his beard off. Zoya is packing as Wali Khan sits thinking. ASLAM Sab peeche pad gaye... Company bhi aur police bhi... Bagair tel ke maarenge... Main toh kehta hoon bhaag chalo... Bunder ke raaste nikal jayenge... WALI KHAN Aslam... Jaldi mein faisle nahi karte... ASLAM Tum sirf dushman ho unke... Main gaddar hoon unke liye... Pata hai kya karenge mere saath? WALI KHAN Nahi jaante hume toh kya discount denge? (beat) Ghosh ko phone karna hai... Woh nikaalenge hume yahan se... ASLAM Kis khushi mein? TV nahi dekha? Keh toh diya un logon ne ke hamare saath koi lena dena nahi hai... Ab kya poster lagwayenge? (beat) (MORE)
73. ASLAM (CONT'D) Ashwini Sir ko bhi hata diya un logon ne... Kab samjhoge tum? Koi kuch nahi karnewala hamare liye... Jo karna hai hume khud karna hai... ZOYA Kya karenge Aslam? Karke dekh toh liya... ASLAM Kya karke dekh liya? Ghanta! Maar dete use wohin... Kuch toh fayda hota is sab ka... (To Wali) Rok diya... Aslam stops himself. WALI KHAN Use yahan maarke bhaag jaane se kuch haasil nahi hona tha... Main dus saal se is mulq mein jasoos banker is liye nahi baitha tha ke pehla mauqa mile aur main use maar doon aur who SHAHID BAN JAYE... Mera khwab tha ke main use zinda is Mulq se nikaalke le jaoon... Aur Hindustan ke logon ke hawaale karoon... Rudra Pratap has finished his shaving and looks a changed man. RUDRA PRATAP (Looks at Aslam) Ise docks jana hai... (To Zoya) Ise kuch nahi karna... (To Wali) Aur yeh bewakoof khwab poora karna chahta hai... Toh saath kahan hai hum? Sab apne raaste... Bahattarghante chhupe raho aur baad mein jis tarah ho is shaher se nikallo... Koi nahi aanewala hume bachane... WALI KHAN Hume is tarah bhaagna nahi chahiye... RUDRA PRATAP Bhaag kaun raha hai? Main toh chhupne ke liye keh raha hoon... Race mein ghode se gir jao toh aage bhaaga nahi jaata... Chup chaap pade rehne ko kehte hain taaki baaki ghode aage nikal jaaye...
74. WALI KHAN (To Rudra)Yeh jung hai race nahi... Pade rahenge toh raunde jayenge sab ke sab... There's a knock on the door as everyone stiffens. Zoya opens the door. A menacing looking man with two other people barges his way in and stares at all of them finally staying on Aslam. Rudra reaches for his gun as Aslam nods and takes a step back. MAN Pichli do baari room se nikle toh pankha aur nalka khula chhod gaye the... Bijli aur paani khaasa mehenga hai yahan... Agli baar sau extra loonga... Samjha? The man walks out giving everyone a look. MAN (CONT'D) Pata nahi tha ke tum sab saath ho... Dikhne mein toh nahi aata... Stay on all of them as the man walks away. CUT TO: 59 EXT. NAPIER ROAD - NIGHT Rudra Pratap reaches Napier Road. The whole street is bustling with activity. Aside - General Raza is firing Niyaaz Ahmed. GENERAL RAZA Itni important tip kaise ignore kar di...Surveillance ke under kyon nahi tha voh... (reprimands him) Yeh sab hum Iqbal Seth ki sanak door karney ke liye nahi kar rahein hain Niyaz...Pakistan ki naak bachaney ke liye kar rahein hain...Rokna tha us chutiye ko... NIYAAZ Local police station mein se pehli tip usko mili ki us dalaal ki laash pe cuts kisi proffessional ki taraf ishara kartey hain... Rudra knows something has gone horribly wrong. He walks through the crowd as he watches people coming out of the small room that used to be his haven till not long ago. Then he sees her. Mutilated. Unrecognizable. Her body is brought out.
75. He stares at it, sees Bhanja's hands, bloodied coming out of the house. Looking manic. He walks past Rudra Pratap and sits into his car. They drive off. CUT TO: 60 INT. DIPANKAR GHOSH'S OFFICE/MISHRA'S OFFICE - NIGHT Dipankar Ghosh Cultural Attache - Indian High Commission in Islamabad gets an order from Mishra. MISRA Agents ka kya karna hai tumhey pata hai...Records ke liye photograph bhejh dena... CUT TO: 61 INT. ASHWINI KUMAR'S HOUSE - NIGHT Ashwini sits troubled in his house. His wife comes and sits next to him. CUT TO: 62 INT/EXT. TEA STALL - NIGHT Rudra Pratap sits at a local tea stall waiting. He waits for the police to clear off the premises. CUT TO: 62A INT. SURAIYA'S ROOM - NIGHT He enters slowly. The room looks like a wreck. It smells of blood. He can hear her screams of pleading. He can hear the manic threats of Bhanja. CUT TO: 62B INT. SURAIYA'S ROOM - NIGHT PBS 6 (PART 1) - Ref: In the Deep by Bird York Bhanja is seen cutting the other cheek with a knife and showing that to THE GIRL in the mirror. Rudra Pratap sees blood on the floor near the mirror. BHANJA Ab balance barabar...Bol namkeen Napier Road...Kaun tha? Kahan gaya? THE GIRL Pata nahi...Jaan boojhke nahi poocha...Jaanti thi koi jaanwar zaroor aayega poochney...
76. He makes a fresh cut on her neck and pushes her on the bed. RP sees blood on the bed. Some torn shreds of clothes. BHANJA Time hai...Bata de...Halal murgi nochney ka bahut shauq hai mujhe... THE GIRL Tujhe pata hai...Mujhe pata nahi... Bahaney mat bana...jo jaanwar kartey hain kar...bana...jo jaanwar kartey hain kar...in kar.....Mujhe pata nahi... Bhanja tears her clothes off. Rapes her brutally. Hitting her constantly. Cutting her up. She seems to be unaffected. Rudra reacts as he feels she looks straight at him. As if she smiles and asks him not to be sad as he is allowing her to give him the greatest gift on lover can give the other - the gift of death. Suddenly she shuts her eyes. Rudra looks at her wrist and sees that she has slit it as Bhanja completes what he started. He stops. Then checks her pulse. BHANJA Kamaal ka zeher hai yeh ishq... Marke bhi nahi utarta...ishq... CUT TO: 62C EXT. NAPIER ROAD - NIGHT Rudra walks out through Napier Road as the images of THE GIRL's death are interspersed with the time he spent with her and Bhanja walking out of her room covered in her blood. Her final look of contentment and happiness keeps playing on his mind. Rudra Pratap shuts his eyes. CUT TO: 63 EXT. KARACHI DOCKS - NIGHT Bhanja and his goons enter the Karachi docks. He is shown the diamond, introduced to the trawler captain. CUT TO: 63A EXT. KARACHI DOCKS - NIGHT Aslam gets off a bus close to the docks. He scales a couple of walls, reaches the pier from where they were supposed to get onto the trawler. CUT TO:
77. 63B INT. TRAWLER - NIGHT He enters the boathouse quietly. The captain is seated with his back to him. He closes the door behind him, walks to the captain who seems to be drunk, passed out. He nudges him ever so slightly. The captain's head just falls off. Decapitated. Aslam screams but no sound comes out. Horrified he reels backwards, falls to the ground. He crawls to the door, opens it to find himself staring into the face of Bhanja. CUT TO: 64 EXT. EMPRESS MARKET - NIGHT Wali Khan and Zoya enter the Empress Market in Karachi. It is bustling with activity even though it's way past midnight. They try to be casual looking for the shop where they are supposed to meet their contact. Zoya looks around. ZOYA (Quietly) Shop ka naam kya tha? Wali Khan looks at the scrap of paper in his hand. WALI KHAN Al Mansour Sweets... They cross a junction. A shopkeeper looks at them, then takes out a mobile phone, dials. CUT TO: 64A INT. DIPANKAR GHOSH'S OFFICE - NIGHT The phone is picked up in Islamabad - Dipankar Ghosh. DIPANKAR GHOSH Sight kar liya? The shopkeeper starts to walk behind them. SHOPKEEPER Abhie aaye hain...Drop point ki taraf bad rahein hain... Kitney? DIPANKAR
SHOPKEEPER Do Sir...One male...late thirties and a woman...
78. DIPANKAR (Curses under his breath) Fuck...Split kar gaye hain...Okay take them alive...Phir inse baqi donon ki information nikalo... Sir... SHOPKEEPER
The shopkeeper/agent acknowledges, speaks into a walkietalkie. SHOPKEEPER (CONT'D) Fire mat karna...Appraoch kar rahein hain... Another agent gets alerted. Haan... AGENT
Zoya notices the shop first, gestures in the direction. Wali Khan looks starts to move. him. They make The man listens at the direction in which Zoya is pointing, Over the crowd he sees the man recognizing eye contact. He starts to move cautiously. on his earpiece.
DIPANKAR I repeat...Take them alive... He watches Wali Khan walking trying to look as casual as possible when he stops suddenly. A couple of cops walk by. Zoya and Wali Khan turn towards a shop window pretending to window shop. The contact at the store watches them, wait for the cops to leave, then sees Zoya turn and start walking. She stops, realizes that Wali Khan is not following. Turns to find him transfixed at the shop window. Kya hua? ZOYA
WALI KHAN Main nahi ja sakta... He says without taking his eyes out of the window. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) I know operation kyon fail hua... Woh alert kyon hue... She looks at what he has been watching. A row of televisions in the electronic shop window.
79. All screens show the bombing, followed by the news of the airports closed in Europe because of volcanic ash. The agents wonder what has made him stop. They talk on the walkie-talkie. Dipankar wonders what has happened. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) (Panic) Mujhe ek call karna hai... Wali Khan frantically starts to look for a phone booth. He starts to walk in the opposite direction. ZOYA (Pleading) Just come back...Yeh sab baad mein dekh lenegy... SHOPKEEPER They are moving away... DIPANKAR Unhey pata chal gaya hai...Take them down... Wali Khan walks fast through the market looking for a phone. ZOYA Wali hum zinda nahi pakdey ja saktey...We have to go... WALI KHAN Nafisa aur Kabir yahin hain... Voh ja nahi paaye...voh...Tum jao...main nahi ja sakta... ZOYA Agar voh yahan hain aur zinda hain toh unke liye yehi acha hai ki dobara tumse kabhie na milein... The agents start to close in when he sees a phone, starts to run towards it. He almost reaches the phone when the first agent blocks his way. Wali Khan looks at him, at the gun he is concealing. AGENT Tumhey hamarey saath aana hoga... Zoya turns, finds the other agent behind them. WALI KHAN Ek phone karna...Meri biwi aur bacha theek hai ya nahi pata... AGENT Phone baad mein...
80. Oye!!! COP
The group turns to find the cops staring at them. Spotted. The agent does not wait. He turns and fires. A passerby drops to the ground. The cops start firing. Pandemonium in the market. The cops try to get a clear shot. People run in panic. The agents try to take down Wali Khan and Zoya. They put up resistance. The cops groping through the crowd. Wali Khan kicks the man, Zoya throws chilly powder in the other agents face. He screams in agony. They look at the advancing cops. Wali Khan looks at Zoya. ZOYA Dobara voh baat mat karna...I'm coming with you... They run into the crowd. Pakistani cops sighting them create the trouble. CUT TO: 65 INT. TRAWLER - NIGHT Aslam's head is pulled back. Half dead. Bhanja stands above him with a fish hook dripping with blood. Bhanja himself looks possessed and demonic. BHANJA Aslam left le left, right le right... Andar se hasta hoga na tu hum pe... Soch raha hoga... Ek din aisa straight loonga ki tum sabki... Chal baqiyon ke baarey mein bata de bhai... Poori raat nahi tere paas... ASLAM Ghalati ho gayi... Ghalati ho gayi... Goo khane gayi thi akal... Nahi karna chahta tha yeh sab... Nahi chahta tha... Paise ka lalach bhanjabhai... Paise ka lalach... Ghalati ho gayi...
Aslam is battered a little more. ASLAM Bhanja... (pause) Lekin chhod dega naa mujhe... Bata doonga toh chhod dega naa? Main chala jaunga... Chhod dega naa? Bhanja smiles benevolently.
81. BHANJA Kyon nahi chhodunga? Zaroor chhod doonga... Bas bata de... Kahan hain teenon? ASLAM Woh... Dipankar Ghosh ko contact kar rahe hain... Donon... Wali aur Zoya... Rudra ka pata nahi... Woh chala gaya... Maa kasam sach keh raha hoon... Bhanja smiles and starts preparing the plastic bag. Aslam realises he has been played. ASLAM (CONT'D) Nahi... Nahi... Bhanjabhai... Nahi ... Tumne kaha chhod doge... Tumne kaha tha Bhanja... Maine sab bata diya... Tumne kaha tha... Bhanja laughs. BHANJA Maine kaha aur tune maan liya... Tu toh chootiyon ka chootiya hai... Bhanja starts to suffocate Aslam when Saleem Pathan arrives. SALEEM PATHAN Gaadi mein daalo ise... Saleem Pathan arrives. CUT TO: 66 EXT. PIER - NIGHT Aslam is pushed into the back of a car. Saleem Pathan sits at the back with him. Bhanja takes the front seat. The cavalcade begins to make their way out of the docks. They begin to pick up speed racing down the pier. A container truck is seen approaching from the opposite direction. The cavalcade reaches a crossroad. Aslam can barely keep his head up when he feels a huge impact. Glass shatters all around him. He feels his head spinning. He tries to focus, opens his eyes to see the car spinning out of control. The first car maneuvers away from the approaching truck, missing it by inches.
82. Aslam's car spinning out of control rams into the screeching container truck. The impact deploys the airbags as Bhanja falls forward. Aslam sees the stunned expression on Saleem Pathan's face. Then he sees the reason for their surprise. The reason for the impact. Rudra Pratap Singh spins his car deftly, gains control, rams into the last car. He shoots, taking out the driver, as the car looses control and finds itself in the water. Rudra staggers out of his car, takes aim, shoots the driver of Bhanja's car. He clambers over the roof of the car, pulls Bhanja out of the passenger window, attacks him. A fierce, angry and demonic Rudra pulverizes Bhanja. Bhanja tries to fight back, but Rudra doesn't stop. All he can see is the face of the killer. Saleem Pathan stumbles out of the car while Aslam struggles to try and reach the car door. Pathan rushes towards the pair, tries attacking Rudra from behind. He pulls Rudra by his hair, tries to hold him back. Rudra throws Saleem Pathan aside and begins attacking Bhanja mercilessly once again. The men from the other car shoot at him. Rudra dives, opens the back door, takes cover and aims. Aslam feebly tries to make his way towards Rudra. Saleem takes the opportunity to drag Bhanja out of his way. Bhanja recovering, tries to free himself off Pathan, hoping to try and get to Rudra. The men keep cover, firing randomly in Rudra's direction, as he aims to take them down. Saleem manages to throw Bhanja into the car, the men jump in and Pathan drives off. Rudra Pratap slumps against the side of the car, turns and is shocked to see Aslam, injured, hurt, sheepishly grinning at him. CUT TO:
83. 67 INT/EXT. MEHREEN CHARITABLE HOSPITAL - NIGHT A government car screeches to a halt outside the private clinic of a doctor. !General Shuja Raza and Lt. Col. Niyaaz Ahmed walk through the corridor looking extremely disturbed. Goldman looks up when they enter as the doctor completes stitching up Bhanja. Saleem Pathan looks a wreck himself on the other bed. General Raza looks at the injured then at Goldman but before he can say anything Goldman puts his hand up. GOLDMAN Pata hai...Bachpan se buri aadat hai...Mamu ka chamcha banne ki... (To Bhanja) Mujhe khush karne ke chakkar mein inhe rusvaa kar diya... Maang maafi ab... Maafi maang General sahab se...Tera kachra inko aur inke department ko saaf karna padega ab...Itna hi josh dikhana tha bhosideke kaam hi poora kar diya hota... He slaps him hard. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Kaat diya hota gala us fauji ka... Jisne tere mamu pe kanpatti pe bandook rakhi...Nahi kar saka ab maang maafi inse...(keeps hitting Bhanja) Maang...Saale maang maafi... Bhanja gets up to apologize. General Raza knows its all drama.! NIYAAZ Baat itni aage badh chuki hai ke ab toh kuch nahi... General Raza gives him a look. GENERAL RAZA Ab maang raha hai naa maafi... Stay on Goldman. CUT TO: 67A INT/EXT. CAR - NIGHT Raza sits in the car controlling his temper.
84. RAZA (To Niyaaz Ahmed) Chief se appointment lo...Bollywood bahut ho gaya inka... CUT TO: 68 INT/EXT. GARAGE - NIGHT Rudra Pratap Singh slowly turns into the deserted alley of the garage. He stops the car outside, carries the half dead Aslam inside the garage. Zoya sees his state, runs to help him. ZOYA Rudra...Kya hua... RUDRA PRATAP (To Zoya) Voh Aslam ke baarey main jaante hai...uski halaat kharab hai...Uska dhyaan rakna...Subah tak tum log bhi yahan se chaley jao... ZOYA (hesitates) Rudra...Pata chal gaya...ki...Humara mission fail kyun hua tha... Rudra Pratap gets distracted by the television that Wali Khan is watching. REPORTER#3 Is bum dhamakey mein ek paanch saal ka bacha Kabeer zinda mila hai...Hamle mein uski ma Nafisa shaheed ho gayi aur ab kayi agencies uske walid ya kisi aur rishtedaar ki talash mein hain...Aap mein se kisi bhi ko bhi kuch maloomat hon toh hamarey iscreen pe neechey aaney waley number pe fauran ittila kar dein... His eyes well up with tears. Singh. He looks at Rudra Pratap
WALI KHAN Kis tarah maara hoga usko? PBS 6 (PART 2) - Ref: In the Deep by Bird York Rudra Pratap says nothing. Wali Khan pulls out a mat, kneels down to pray for forgiveness, for peace in heaven. Rudra Pratap watches him. The television keeps flashing the photographs.
85. RUDRA PRATAP (V.O.) (To be written) Dono sides apney qism ka dabaav daal rahey thaiy... CUT TO: 69 INT. ASHWINI'S HOUSE - DAY On the soundtrack we hear knocking on a door. Ashwini opens his bedroom door. DOMESTIC HELP Sahab kuch log aaye hain... ditectorate se...koi forcement directorate se... He looks nonplussed and walks out. YADAV Hello...I am Suryakant Yadav... He pulls out a document. YADAV (CONT'D) ED ko Sigapore mein aapke betey Sumer ki businees ko leke kuch queries hain aur hamarey paas premises ka search warrant hai... Sumitra comes out looking harassed and worried. ASHWINI Koi problem nahi hai Sumitra... Please chai bana dogi sabke liye... yeh log kafi der tak hamey company dene waley hain... She looks at him, understands that he is serious. She goes inside. The men proceed to tear the place apart. He watches calmly. The main door suddenly opens, Mishra comes in. MISRA What the hell is happening here? Kaun hain aap log? Sir I am... YADAV
MISRA Let me tell you who I am...I am Atul Misra...Department aur rank bataoonga nahi...baad mein aapko aur aapke bosses ko jataoonga... Warrant dikhaiyye aur bahar (MORE)
86. MISRA (CONT'D) jaiyye...I want everyone out of here... The ED guys begin to leave. ASHWINI Calm down Misra...Sumitra...ek aur banana please...Mishra looks very tired...so nahi rahein hain shayad aajkal? Koi courtesy visit toh hogi nahi Misra...kyon aaye ho? Mishra shows him photographs of Wali Khan and Zoya at the Empress Market. MISHRA Contact establish karney ke baad bhi bhaag gaye...Meri instructions thin isliye inpe fire nahi hua... Aapko hamarey saath poori information share karni hogi...We need to end this together...Unko wapis contact karney ke liye bol dijiye and they can all be brought back... Ashwini laughs. ASHWINI Offer bahut tempting hai lekin temptataion aksar jaanleva hoti hai... Mishra wonders what the Ex - Head is talking about when his wife enters with the tea and some Bengali sweets. ASHWINI (CONT'D) (walking , talking, opening a drawer) Ab dekhiye Sumitra aapko Bengali sweets se tempt kar rahi hai...jo aapki jaan le sakta hai...Isey nahi pata, department ko nahi pata lekin mujhe pata hai ki Bangali mithayi aapki jaan le sakti hai... He hands an envelope to Mishra. He opens it, finds photographs of him and a Bengali woman in extremely compromising positions. Mishra can feel his blood pressure rising.
87. ASHWINI (CONT'D) Meetha inki kamzori hai Sumitra... sugar hai iney...kisi ko nahi pata... CUT TO: 70 INT. GARAGE - DAY Wali Khan is sitting silently in the room as Zoya watches him. Suddenly he gets up and starts looking for stuff to pack. Zoya walks out to the corridor to see Rudra Pratap standing there. ZOYA Bees din mein sab sahi se itna ghalat kaise ho gaya? Rudra doesn't say anything. Zoya turns back to the room where Wali is searching for something. WALI KHAN (mumbling) Woh... Sweater... Kabir ke liye laya tha... Kahan gaya? Zoya looks at Wali searching for something in a silent frenzy. ZOYA Woh chala gaya toh koi matlab nahi rahega us sab ka jo humne khoya hai... Rudra looks at Zoya. She registers the loss in his eyes. ZOYA (CONT'D) Kya naam tha uska? (CONT'D)
Rudra realises that he doesn't know her name. RUDRA PRATAP Nahi poocha... Rudra's eyes are moist. Zoya stares at him. ZOYA Wali ko roko... Rudra turns away. Wali walks out ready to leave. ZOYA (CONT'D) Tum akele nahi ho, Wali... Hum sab ne qurbaaniyan di hain... Itna kuch khoya hai... WALI KHAN Jo sochna hai soch lo... Main jaa raha hoon... Waise bhi yeh (MORE)
88. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) operation fail ho chuka hai... Hindustan jaa nahi sakte... Pakistan mein reh nahi sakte... Sab kuch khatam ho gaya hai... Kam se kam Kabeer ko toh bacha loon... RUDRA PRATAP Kaise bachaoge? Jaante ho woh kahan hai? Pata hai kya karenge tumhare saath jab pakde jaoge? WALI KHAN Nahi pata... Bas itna jaanta hoon ke Nafisa ko maar diya un logon ne aur Kabeer zinda hai... (mumbles) Sweater bhi nahi mil raha uska... Rudra turns to Wali face to face. RUDRA PRATAP Nafisa ko maar sakte hain toh jhooth bhi bol sakte hain... (pause) Nahi jaante ke Kabeer zinda hai ya nahi... Wali Khan breaks down as the truth of the words hit him. RUDRA PRATAP (CONT'D) tumhare bagair khatam nahi ho sakta... Stay on Wali Khan. CUT TO: 71 INT. ISI HQ - DAY ARMY OFFICER Aur yeh aasani se ho jayega? A high ranking army officer puts down a report, looks at General Raza and Lt. Col. Niyaaz Ahmed. RAZA Mushkil yeh hai ki karna padega... A kind of foreboding silence fills the room. RAZA (CONT'D) Abbotabad ka taana ab tak de raha hai America...Is joker ko dawaat mein ghoomtey dekhegi toh sirf India nahi duniya hansegi hampey... He lets the last statement hang.
89. RAZA (CONT'D) Mehmaannawazi bahut ho gayi... Usne jitni khareedi...ussey zyada hum bech chukey...Karachi ko jitna khokhla hona tha ho chuki...Karachi mein jitni illegal buildingein banni thin ban chukin...jitna gutka thooka jaana tha thook liya gaya, jitney gunman paida honey thaiy ho gaye...Now it is time to clean up... Dushman ka dushman hamesha dost nahi hota... Deemak deemak hi rahegi... Kal vahan lagi thi aaj yahan lagi hai... OFFICIAL Aur yeh pest control ka kaam hoga kaise? NIYAAZ Jaise hota hai...pehley meethi boli aur phir goli... He looks at General Raza wondering if he has spoken out of turn. GENERAL RAZA Sindh mein ek ISI safe house mein le jaane ki baat hui hai ussey...Nikaah ke baad... OFFICIAL Nikaah usi din ho raha hai jis din tay hua? GENERAL RAZA Haan bas hamari request pe ek ehsaan kiya hai usney...Guest list kam karke sirf sau logon ko bulaya hai... ARMY OFFICER Toh nikaah ke baad...Enroute to the safe house? Theek hai but I will have to send a detailed report to GHQ Rawalpindi as well... He looks at Niyaaz Ahmed. ARMY OFFICER (CONT'D) Take me through the details... (CONT'D) CUT TO: 72 INT. GARAGE - DAY Wali Khan has the blue print of their plan with shoe laces, match boxes, coins laid out on the table.
90. WALI KHAN Ek baar phir se... Hamle ke baad shayad security cordons double ho gaye hainÉ Do ki jagah ab chaar ho sakte hain aur har ek pe shayad do guards honge... Andar nikaah padhi jaa rahi hogi jahan Goldman aur uske sau mehaan honge...Gaadi main chalaunga... CUT TO: 72A INT. GOLDMAN'S DEN/GARAGE - DAY Intercuts of the house, all the visual elements that are described in the dialogue are seen. RUDRA PRATAP Nahi...Gaadi Zoya chalaegi...Woh explosive expert hai aur chauthe cordon tak usey pahunchna hai...Tum guldasta leke passenger seat pe baithoge...Main peeche chhup jaunga... WALI KHAN Theek hai...Aslam tumhari gaadi safe distance pe hamare peeche hogi... ZOYA Aslam...Gaadi mein jitney LPG cylinder bhar sako bhar do... Main semtex bhi rig kardoongi taaki sau mehmaanon mein se ek bhi bachnaa paye... WALI KHAN Jaise hi hum pehle cordon pahuchenge guards hamari taraf aayenge aur main utarke unhe attack karunga...Rudra is taraf se doosre cordon pe hamla karega...Is se aage khadi saari gaadiyon mein bhagdad mach jayegiÉJiska faayda uthake Zoya, tum gaadi aage le jaogi aur doosre cordon ko paar karogi... Zoya barges through the second cordon. ZOYA Ek minute...Agar is beech mujhe goli laggayi toh? Zoya gets hit.
91. RUDRA Nahi lagegi...Main tumhe cover karunga... Rudra covers Zoya and kills guards.
WALI KHAN Is attack se baaki guards bhi hamari taraf aayenge...Doosra cordon paar karte hi main firing line mein aa jaunga toh shayad mujhe goli lag jaye...Rudra ka bachna bhi mushkil hai... Wali and Rudra get hit. RUDRA PRATAP Zoya, jaise hi tum teesre cordon tak pahuncho apne pair ratchet se baandh do taaki tumhare pair accelerator se hat naapaye... ASLAM Steering wheel ko bhi ratchet kar do taaki hile nahi aur tumhare haath free ho jaye... ZOYA Aur main Dead Man's switch use karoonÉ Teesra cordon cross karte hi pin nikaal doongi aur laal button press karungi... Jaise hi mujhe goli lagti hai meri unglee button se hat jayegi aur paanch second mein gaadi chauthe cordon pe explode ho jayegi... Zoya's car explodes on the fourth barricade. WALI KHAN Us explosion ko dekhte hi Aslam tum apni gaadi seedhi le jaoge ghar ke andar jahan nikaah chal raha hoga... ASLAM Aur phir...BOOM! Karachi mein Diwali! CUT TO: 73 INT/EXT. BARRICADE - DAY The press has been stopped at the barricade.
92. Mixed in the gathering are, Aslam in back of the OB Van. He gives a once over to the LPG cylinders that have been stacked in the back of the van. Gets down, takes the wheel. A high profile military car arrives at the barricade and is sent in. They all notice it. Zoya is waiting in a car. Rudra Pratap checks his guns as he stands behind an OB van. Wali Khan has raised the hood of the engine of Zoya’s car and is pretending to tinker with the vehicle. CUT TO: 73A INT. GOLDMAN'S DEN - DAY General Raza looks at Lt. Col Niyaaz Ahmed, signals to him. Niyaaz gestures that they are all set. Raza goes up to Goldman, RAZA Hamey safe house ke liye abhie nikalna chahiye... Goldman looks at him, walks off. Raza and Niyaaz wonder what he is up to. He goes up to his son and daughter-inlaw and blesses them. Kisses them on their foreheads, walks back. CUT TO: 73B EXT. BARRICADE - DAY
The four wait anxiously looking at their watches. CUT TO: 73C EXT. GOLDMAN'S DEN - DAY Goldman sits in his car. The ISI security guards all get into their vehicles. Raza and Niyaaz Ahmed sit with him. Suddenly he gets off. They get startled. Bhanja... GOLDMAN
They look at each other. Tu bhi aa... GOLDMAN (CONT'D)
Raza curses under his breath. CUT TO:
93. 73D EXT. BARRICADE - DAY Suddenly the barricade clears as the military vehicle storms out followed by Goldman’s usual cavalcade. Wali Khan and Rudra are alarmed. Wali Khan quickly slams the bonnet of Zoya’s car shut, moves to the Van. Rudra gets into Zoya’s car. RUDRA They are moving him... CUT TO: 74 INT/EXT. CAR/KARACHI ROADS - DAY The cavalcade starts to gather momentum and speed. They move away from Karachi through the expressway to interior Sindh. Inside the limousine Bhanja checks his phone. He dials a number. A voice answers animatedly. BHANJA Are aaram se... Raza looks at Niyaaz Ahmed. Goldman pays no attention. BHANJA(CASUALLY) (CONT'D) Missed call dekhi tabhie toh kiya bhai...Nikaah mein busy thaiy na hum log... VOICE ON PHONE Safe house nahi pahunchega voh... rastey mein hum hi udaney waley hain usko... Bhanja let's the news sink in trying his best not to react. Raza starts to get suspicious of the phone call. BHANJA Main kuch nahi kar sakta...Mamu ke saath hi hoon...Saleem ko bol ki kuch karey... Goldman looks up. Bhanja gestures casually that it's no big deal. BHANJA (CONT'D) Haan abhie khali ho gaya hoga na...main number behjhta hoon Salim ka tujhey...Khuda Hafiz... He puts down the phone, proceeds to send the number to the caller. Then casually turns to Raza and Ahmed. CUT TO:
94. 75 INT/EXT. CAR/DIRT ROAD - EVENING The car reaches the expressway, starts to race down at top speed. Then it suddenly takes a detour. Bhanja notices it before Goldman who makes a casual remark, GOLDMAN Quality girti ja rahi hai aapke safe houses ki... Bhanja starts to send out an sms when Raza draws his weapon. Niyaaz also does the same. Goldman looks at him. A bit surprised. Bhanja reacts. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Neechey rakh beta...Sirf gaadi nahi poora mulk inka hai... Niyaaz reaches for Bhanja, disarms him. The cars turn into a dirt road off the expressway. They stop. The guards all surround the car. RAZA (To Goldman) Uttar! He does as he is told, followed by Bhanja. He looks at Raza, GOLDMAN Shukriya...Nikaah honey ka intezar toh kiya... RAZA (Smirks) Purani dosti hai...kya kartey... GOLDMAN Yeh toh bada simple raha...Mujhe laga gaadi ko mine se uda dengey... ya gaadi pe hamla karvayengey ki ek aur attack mein yeh khatam ho gaya...lekin aap toh achanak Mumbaiyya ho gaye...saada sa encounter... Raza is about to speak when Goldman raises his hands. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Khair jo bhi karna hai jaldi karo... kyunki Bhanjey ko aadha ghanta pehley khabar lag gayi thi aur jahan tak ki main usey jaanta hoon usney ab tak Saleem ko khabar kar di hogi aur voh chal chuka hoga...
95. Raza looks at Ahmed who takes out Bhanja's mobile and checks his last sms to Pathan. Raza turns to Goldman when the first bullet is fired. Ahmed goes down like a sitting duck. Raza reacts. Goldman and Bhanja also react. Three other commandos go down. BANG BANG BANG. Then Raza sees him. Rudra Pratap getting ready to fire again. Raza and the other commandos start to fire in that direction. Wali Khan joins in. Bhanja thinking that it is Saleem and his men and sensing an opportunity gets to a fallen commando, picks up his automatic machine gun. Possessed he starts firing. The other commandos get hit. Raza ducks for cover. Rudra Pratap watches Bhanja opening fire. He runs towards him. Bhanja sees him approaching. He turns to him to fire. His cannister has been unloaded. Empty. He lunges for another gun from a fallen Pakistani soldier. Rudra Pratap bends down, in one swift move takes out a knife from a dead soldier. As Bhanja comes up Rudra Pratap comes face to face, slits his throat. Bhanja falls. Aslam starts the van. Wali Khan looks at him. ASLAM Gun se hamarey favour mein matter settle nahi hoga Wali Bhai... Aslam reaches for the passenger door and opens it. Before Wali Khan can react Aslam kicks him out of the van and puts it in gear. Slams the accelerator. Raza turns to the approaching vehicle, fires. The windshield shatters and the bullet pierces Aslam in the chest. He drives the van hard into the car. It explodes throwing everyone back. Rudra Pratap is the first to get up. He runs towards the explosion followed by a stunned Wali Khan and Zoya. Bodies are littered everywhere. Then he sees him. GOLDMAN. Struggling to get to his feet. He jumps over the burning carcass of the limousine and holds the gun out to Goldman once again. Wali Khan reaches the car at the back. Gets in, tries to start it. It sputters and then starts. Rudra Pratap pushes Goldman to the back as Zoya gets in. Wali Khan presses hard on the accelerator. ZOYA Gaadi start rakho... Zoya runs out of the car to where Aslam is fallen. She shuts his eyes, looks at him briefly and then runs to the car.
96. The wheels spin on the dirt road, the car takes off. Raza struggles to his feet, manages to get out of the way as the car pummels past him. Wali Khan watches the injured General in his rear view. CUT TO: 76 INT. CAR - EVENING WALI KHAN Jeb se phone nikalo iske... Bahut suna hai iske Thuraya Satellite Phone ke baare mein... Rudra Pratap takes out the phone and dials the number that Wali Khan shouts. CUT TO: 76A INT. ASHWINI'S HOUSE - EVENING Ashwini completes putting on his cravat for the evening out when his mobile rings. He smiles at Sumitra as she puts the finishing touches on her saree. SUMITRA Teen saal baad concert jaa rahe hain hum...Pehle pata hota toh voluntary retirement karwati tumhara... ASHWINI (V.O.) Sab apni sach par adey hue they... Aur mujhe bhi wohi karna tha... He answers the call and just hears, WALI KHAN (Screaming) Sir Goldman hamare pass hai...Zinda! Ashwini tries to look calm, but his hands begin to shake with excitement. He casually walks out of the room. ASHWINI Kahaan ho tum log? WALI KHAN Karachi ke bahar, kachche raaste par... ASHWINI Border ki taraf badho...Do ghante mein co ordinates bataunga... He turns to be shocked. Mishra stands in front of him taking Ashwini by surprise. Mishra smiles.
97. MISHRA Kise co ordinates bhej rahe hain, Sir? ASHWINI Sumer ko...Flight details poonch raha tha... (smiles) Retire ho gaya hoon par language ab bhi intelligencewali... MISHRA (looks into Ashwini's eyes) Aap toh jaante hain sir... Pakistan mein jo bhi hoÉ Mujhe pata chal jaata hai... Behtar yehi hoga ke aap sab bata dena... Kyonki mujhe aapke tareeke aap par istemaal karne mein bahut takleef hogi... Ashwini looks at Mishra for a moment and looks resigned. ASHWINI (sighs) Theek hai Mishra... Naval Chief se meeting fix karo... Coordinates unhi ko doonga... Mishra stares for a moment and breaks into half a smile. Good mein bata rahe MISHRA decision sir... Ek ghante meeting hogi...Bhabhi ko doon? Ke concert nahi jaa aap?
Mishra leaves. Ashwini is deep in thought. Ashwini watches Mishra instructing his people not to allow Ashwini out of their sight. Sumitra walks in all ready to leave. Ashwini looks at her. ASHWINI Sorry Sumitra... Hum nahi jaa rahe... SUMITRA (surprised) Kyon? Kya hua? Tabiyat theek nahi tumhari? ASHWINI Meri theek hai... Tumhari kharab hai... Stay on Ashwini. CUT TO: 76B EXT. ASHWINI'S HOUSE - EVENING An ambulance comes to a screeching halt outside the gates. The two men in the car watch as two ward boys carrying a
98. stretcher disappear into the house and return a minute later with Sumitra on it, followed by Ashwini and Ramashray. RAMASHRAY Maalkin...Maalkin humka chhod ke mat jaiyye Maalkin...hum anaath ho... ASHWINI (whispering) Zyada overacting mar karo... RAMASHRAY Aap hi na boley thaiy paresan lagna hai... Outside the baffled men look blankly at each other as the ambulance leaves. Then they get a call.
INT. MISHRA'S OFFICE - EVENING MISRA So gaya hai kya?...Mera phone nahi utha raha hai? MAN#1 Unki wife hospitalise ho gayin hain...abhie abhie ambulance mein gaye... MISRA Kuch nahi hua hai unki wife ko... jo hua hai border paar hua hai... rokko ussey... CUT TO:
INT/EXT. CAR/DELHI ROADS - NIGHT The ambulance cuts through the traffic. The men with the car are now beginning to catch up with it. At a traffic junction as the signal turns red, the ambulance accelerates to cross over just as other vehicles stop but the men in the car race ahead and stop it. They get in. There is just Ramshray and Sumitra. MAN#1 Kahan gaye Rao Sahab? RAMASHRAY (overacting) Humka naahi malooom saheb...humkaa naahi malloom...
99. Sumitra shakes her head at his overacting. CUT TO: 77 INT/EXT. CAR/DIRT ROAD - NIGHT The car races down the dirt road. Wali Khan trying desperately to figure out where they are. GOLDMAN Fauji Sindh toh toone sirf National Anthem mein suna hoga...hawa bhi hai ki kahan ja raha hai? RUDRA (Pointing the gun) Moonh bandh rakh nahi toh thok doonga... GOLDMAN looks at him. He is not used to this. GOLDMAN (thinks) Mujhe ek phone karney de main sab... RUDRA SHUT UP!...JUST SHUT UP!! Goldman keeps quiet. Zoya suddenly points. Wali Khan sees it too. Trucks on a highway. He slams the brakes, tries to figure out how to get to the highway. GOLDMAN Ek baat batao toh baatcheet shuroo karein...Boss kaun hai...yeh ya tu? They don't answer knowing fully well that he is trying to create a wedge. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Iska toh standatease attentian wala hisaab kitaab hai...sahi galat ke alava yeh koi baat hi nahi samajhta hoga...tumse baat karta hoon...mujhe dhoondh nikaleingey, tumhey thok daaleingey...tumharey dost ki qurbani bekaar jayegi... WALI KHAN Do baar uthaya hai tujhe...humey dekhkey tujhe maut nazar aani chahiye...Price tag kahan se dikh rahein hain tumko?
100. GOLDMAN Keemat toh sabki hoti hai...bhaley hi paise mein na ho...tumhari mujhe khabar hai...tumharey biwi bachey ko agar main... Wali Khan reacts. RUDRA Don't listen to him...Bakwaas kar raha hai voh... WALI KHAN Bakwaas tumharey liye hai...mere liye is baat ko chhodke kisi baat ka matlab nahi hai ab... (to Goldman) Tv pe toh bataya tha Nafisa ko unhoney... GOLDMAN Bakwaas voh hai...Bolo toh baat karva doon? WALI KHAN (Getting out of the car and pulling him out) Baat nahi karva paaya...toh yahin koi chhaiy by teen ka tukda pasand karkey gaad doonga tujhe... Rudra Pratap comes to their side. RUDRA Gaadi mein baitho Wali...Don't listen to him... (Pointing the gun to Goldman) Tu chhup reh nahi toh... GOLDMAN Pata hai thokk dega...iska kya hai...medal leke chhaavni jayega khushi khushi...Tum kahan jaogey biwi bachey ki qurbaani deke...Phone de...meri zubaan hai...baat karva doonga... Wali Khan looks at the phone in his hand. RUDRA (Thrusting the gun onto Goldman's face) Gaadi mein baith...Phone mat dena... Goldman pushes the gun away.
101. GOLDMAN Number deta hoon khud dial kar...Bol Seth mere paas hai...meri Nafisa aur Kabir se baat kara do...Motan Das mein bahut baal kaatey hain tooney...jitney tooney suney hain ussey bhi badey kaam karvaye hain maine...Tera kaam bhi ho jayega... Rudra pushes him down. In a flash he turns, takes the phone out of Wali Khan's hand. WALI KHAN Phone wapis karo... RUDRA Don't listen to him...Tumhey pata hai...Unhey maar diya kabka... Phone de... WALI KHAN
GOLDMAN London ja rahey thaiy na tum... voh kaam bhi ho jayega...dial kar...2199230... RUDRA (Looking at Wali Khan) Don't listen to him...Mar gaye hain voh...phone chahiye toh goli maar... GOLDMAN Zinda hain...8234 Phone de... WALI KHAN
RUDRA Goli maar phone chahiye toh... BANG! The gun goes off. Silence! Everyone reacts. looks at the gun in his hand. Wali Khan
It still smokes from being fired. Zoya looks in horror. Rudra Pratap falls backwards. Blood oozing from his thigh. CUT TO: 78 INT/EXT. FARMHOUSE - NIGHT BANG BANG.
102. Bullets are fired. Zoya holding a gun to Goldman while Rudra Pratap lies half conscious. They look towards the desolate farm house from where the gun shots have come. Wali Khan looking extremely different comes out of the farmhouse, opens the door of the car. WALI KHAN Uttar...naukar lene nahi aa raha tujhey... He nudges Goldman who gets off. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) Leke aao isko... They enter the house to see a couple tied up in the corner. Zoya helps Rudra Pratap to a sofa. They exchange a look when they see the couple. Bach jayega? WALI KHAN (CONT'D)
ZOYA Bleeding nahi ruk rahi...Hospital leke jaana hoga... Wali Khan does not respond. He walks to the couple. WALI KHAN Raat rehney aur khaaney ki jagah chahiye...subah subah chaley jayeingey...co-operate karogey toh kuch nahi hoga...Nahi karogey toh kya hoga batoonga nahi...kar daloonga...Samajh gaye? The couple nods again. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) Khaney ko kuch hoga? Ji... MAN
WALI KHAN Border kitna door hai? MAN Teen chaar ghantey ka rasta hai... CUT TO: 79 INT. MISHRA'S OFFICE - NIGHT Mishra screams in frustration.
103. MISRA Aise kaise nikal gaya? Idiots... CUT TO: 80 EXT. CAR/HIGHWAY - NIGHT Ashwini's taxi drives past a milestone that reads Chandigarh. CUT TO: 81 INT. FARMHOUSE - NIGHT Wali, Zoya and Goldman are eating silently as Rudra is lying down injured in another corner. Zoya looks at the gun kept next to Wali. Zoya looks at Wali. ZOYA Zara paani dena... As Wali turns to get the water Zoya reaches for the gun. But Wali stops her in time. WALI KHAN Sochna bhi mat... Wali then pours water for Zoya. Zoya continues eating. Goldman looks at Wali. GOLDMAN Tum bhi itna mat socho... Wali Khan says nothing. Just continues eating. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Kyon begaani shaadi mein deewane ho rahe ho? Udhar Indian Government gaa rahi hai hum aapke hain Kaun... Tum saale ga rahey ho kar chaley hum fida jaan-o-tan saathiyo? Chalo, tumhey shahadat ka shauq hai... Par bete ka kya kasoor? Wali Khan looks at Goldman. GOLDMAN (CONTD.) (CONT'D) Main jaanta hoon ke bete ka pyar kya hota hai... (ponders) (MORE)
104. GOLDMAN (CONTD.) (CONT'D) Mera beta bachpan mein ek minute door nahi reh sakta tha mujhse... Par kuch hi saalon mein paper padhne laga... Phir kya? Pata pad gaya kya karte hain Abbu... Uske baad hamesha uski aankhon mein sawal dikhta hai mujhe... Kyon? Wali Khan continues staring. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Tumhe bhi wohi nazar aayega... Tumpe bhi wohi thappa lagega... Hum donon mein bhale hi aasman zameen ka farq ho... Bachchon mein ratti bhar farq nahi rahega... Wali Khan looks at the phone. Then picks up the phone and hands it to Zoya. WALI KHAN (Pointing the gun) Number hai phone pe... Baat karo... Bolo do ghantey hain unke paas... Kabir se baat karvaye... Goldman laughs. GOLDMAN Der aaye durust aaye... Zoya begins to dial the number. CUT TO 82 EXT. BSF BASE (CHANDIGARH) - NIGHT Ashwini's taxi has stopped at the gates of the Border Security Force Headquarters - Western Theatre in Chandigarh. CUT TO: 82A INT. BSF DIRECTOR'S HOUSE - NIGHT DIRECTOR Ashwini...Mera court martial ho sakta hai... He sits in the home of the Director General of the Border Security Force. The man looks at him as if he is insane. (smiles) ASHWINI (MORE)
105. ASHWINI (CONT'D) Isi liye toh yahan aaya hoon... Desh ke liye apna court martial sirf tum jaisa paagal kar sakta hai... d The Director pours tea. ASHWINI (CONT'D) Sarabjeet, saalon se bolte aa rahe hain...Bureaucracy, Red Tape, Rules, corruption, politics...Bahut bol chuke ab... Yehi ek mauka hai kuch karne ka... The Director looks unconvinced. ASHWINI (CONT'D) Yeh tumour hai, Sarabjeet...Donon deshon ke liye...Aur tumour ko nikalne ke liye gehra ghaav karna padta hai... Zakhm baad mein bhar lenge hum...Let's just do this now... DIRECTOR Lekin yeh tum aur main nahi decide kar sakte... ASHWINI Kyon nahi kar sakte? Gandhiji ka naam leke government doosra gaal aage karti hai par thappad toh hum jaise log khaate hain...Zaveri Bazar, German bakery, Parliament house, Bangalore bus depot, Hyderabad...It just doesn't end... (sort of gives up) Sarabjeet...Main kuch naya nahi keh raha hoon...Tum bhi jaante ho ke sab ko sab pata hai...Bas koi kuch nahi kar raha...Ek operation...Sirf ek aisa operation ho jaye toh himmat nahi hogi kisiki... The director is silent. ASHWINI (CONT'D) Asli dushman woh nahi jo bombs chhod jaate hain...Haath toh unka kaatna chahiye jo unhe yeh bombs aur guns dete hain...And he's the guy... They keep looking at each other.
106. DIRECTOR Kya chahtey ho mujhse? ASHWINI Kuch bhi nahi...Just look the other way... CUT TO: 83 INT. FARMHOUSE - NIGHT The phone rings cutting through the deafening silence. Wali Khan reacts, picks it up. His expression changes, takes on a more formal note. He listens to Ashwini talk from the other end. WALI KHAN Samajh gaya...At first light...Yes Sir... He puts down the phone, looks at Rudra Pratap Singh. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) Pehley main jaongo...Bahar is family ki gaadi hai...forward post 35 at pe 0600 hrs pe cross kar jao... yahan se kareeb dedh sau kilometer south west...sentry position mein donon jawanon ki change hogi...tum aur Zoya India ke andar cross kar jao... RUDRA PRATAP Tumhey lagta hai ki yeh sab karkey tum apne gharwalon se mil paogey... WALI KHAN Yeh sab karkey hi toh apne gharwalon se mil paoonga... Rudra Pratap reacts. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) Garage mein tumne itna hi vaada karney ko toh kaha tha... “Jo shuroo kiya hai usey khatam karney mein meri madad karo!” Rudra Pratap keeps looking at him. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) Baqi Allah ke hawaley... CUT TO:
107. 83A INT. FARMHOUSE - NIGHT The phone begins to ring once again. Wali Khan looks at it, then at Goldman. He slowly picks it up. CUT TO: 83B INT. NIYAAZ AHMED'S OFFICE - NIGHT Abbu! KABEER
Wali Khan breaks down hearing his son's voice. His hands begin to tremble. WALI KHAN Ammi kahan hai Kabeer? KABEER Doosrey kamrey Abbu...officer baat kartey hain...Aap aa rahey ho lene? WALI KHAN (Trying hard to find the words) Kaise nahi aayengey...aa rahein hain hum toh...Kabeer...Kabeer... Bike pe! KABEER
WALI KHAN (laughs, then cries a bit) Nahi... Badi si gaadi mein... Tumhe dikhayi thi naa? Woh wali... Bas rastey mein hain... Ab uncle ko phone do... Kabeer hands the phone to a man. He's the same man who was in the suit in the high powered meeting. Standing beside him Raza and Saleem Pathan. WALI KHAN (CONT'D) Nafisa aur Kabeer ko Section Post 40 pe le aao...Tumhara aadmi wahin milega... CUT TO: 83C INT. NIYAAZ AHMED'S OFFICE - NIGHT The man in the suit disconnects. Looks at Raza and Saleem Pathan.
108. MAN (To Saleem) Wafaadari ya dukaandari...faisla kar lo Saleem... SALEEM PATHAN Wafaadari bahut ki...Ab saamne maut hai... MAN Toh jaake uda do Goldman ko lekin khoon kharabaa nahi chahiye uske jaane ke baad...Family...Jamal Feroze uske aadmi... SALEEM PATHAN Samjha doonga...Voh bhi jaantey hain...waqt ne kiya hai maine nahi... CUT TO: 84 INT/EXT. FARMHOUSE - NIGHT Music takes over. Wali Khan lifts Goldman to his feet all the while pointing the gun to him. Rudra Pratap watches him take him out. He gives one last look at the two of them, shuts the door. Zoya runs to the door. Wali ruko... ZOYA
WALI KHAN Darwaza bandh kar do... Wali Khan bolts the door from outside, opens the boot of the car. Andar... Kyun? WALI KHAN (CONT'D) GOLDMAN
WALI KHAN Tumney poocha tha na us din Boss kaun hai...boss main hoon abhie... Zinda ghus jao nahi toh thokk ke daal doonga andar... As Goldman gets in, Wali Khan shuts the boot, starts the car. The car skids and takes off. CUT TO: 84A INT. FARMHOUSE - NIGHT Rudra Pratap struggles to his feet.
109. ZOYA (screams to the couple) Peechey ki taraf koi darwaza hai... They shake their heads in a no. Rudra Pratap limps to the table. Picks up a chair, smashes the window. CUT TO: 84B EXT. KARACHI OUTSKIRTS - NIGHT They get in the car and pummel after Wali Khan. The cars drive at top speed. CUT TO: 84C INT. CAR BOOT - NIGHT
Goldman gets pushed around inside the boot. Zoya keeps looking at the wound in Rudra Pratap's thigh. The bleeding starts once again because of the pressure. CUT TO: 85 INT. NIYAAZ AHMED'S OFFICE - NIGHT
A tray with milk and biscuits is placed before Nafisa and Kabeer. CUT TO: 86 EXT. BSF BASE (CHANDIGARH) - NIGHT Ashwini boards a helicopter at the BSF Base - Chandigarh. His destination Rann of Kutch. It takes off as a cavalcade of cars come flying into the base. Mishra runs out of the car. MISRA Chopper mein kaun gaya? Kaun tha andar? DG BSF Yeh armed forces ki land hai...Sawaal poochney ka na jursidiction hai aapke paas na hum answerable hain... MISRA (angry) Jurisdiction bataney aaonga main... Voh bhi jaldi... CUT TO:
110. 87 EXT. KARACHI BORDER AREA - DAWN The cars scream down the highway. Wali Khan sees the first light breaking through. CUT TO: 87A INT. NIYAAZ AHMED'S OFFICE - DAWN Kabeer drinks the milk as Nafisa has something to eat. CUT TO: 87B EXT. OUTPOST 39 - DAWN At Outpost 39 the guards leave for the change. CUT TO: 87C EXT. OUTPOST 40 - DAWN At Section Post 40 Raza gets off the chopper, starts to talk to the Section Post in charge. Guards start to take positions. A sniper gets onto the roof. CUT TO: EXT. KARACHI BORDER - DAWN Wali Khan drives as fast as he can. CUT TO: INT. CAR BOOT - DAWN Goldman curses under his breadth. CUT TO: INT/EXT. CAR (KARACHI BORDER) - DAWN Rudra Pratap Singh tries his best to catch up. CUT TO: INT/EXT. CAR (KARACHI BORDER) - DAWN Wali Khan sees the post in the distance. His heart starts to race. CUT TO: 87D EXT. OUTPOST 40 - DAY The sniper on the roof sees the dust rising and the car approaching. The guards all get ready.
111. They wait for an order. Raza gives it. Everything goes into high speed. CUT TO: 88 INT/EXT. CAR (KARACHI BORDER) - DAY PBS 6 (PART 3) - Ref: In the Deep by Bird York The bullet hits Wali Khan in the chest. WALI KHAN Kabeer...Nafisa... He mutters a prayer asking for forgiveness from his wife and son. DISSOLVE TO: 88A INT. WALI KHAN'S HOUSE - DAY Seeing them laughing and playing in his house. DISSOLVE TO: 88B INT. NIYAAZ AHMED'S OFFICE - DAY You see them feeling the poison acting on their bodies. Nafisa watches her little son and pleads with the guards to open the door. The prayer reverberates on the soundtrack. DISSOLVE TO: 88C INT/EXT. CAR (KARACHI BORDER)/NIYAAZ AHMED'S OFFICE - DAY He continues flooring the accelerator with every breath. They guards open fire. The car is riddled with bullets. And then a rocket launcher blasts out, shatters the car with its impact. His body feels the blast. His eyes however only see Nafisa as she holds her little son and slowly feels the life leaving her body. CUT TO: 88D EXT. KARACHI BORDER - DAY Raza and the Section Commander come to the wreckage. They open the burning car and Raza's expression changes. There is only one body. Wali Khan's body. CUT TO: 89 INT/EXT. KARACHI BORDER - DAY Goldman curses as he gets pushed from side to side. Zoya hears the knocking coming from the boot. She looks at Rudra Pratap, suddenly realizes that they are not chasing Wali Khan. She keeps looking at him.
112. RUDRA PRATAP (V.O.) Family...dosti...morality...har tarah ki kamzori thi Wali ke andar... FLASH: 89A EXT. DIRT ROAD - NIGHT The argument where Goldman is asking for the phone and Rudra is telling Wali not to give it to him. Rudra pushes him down. In a flash he turns, takes the phone out of Wali Khan's hand. RUDRA (Looking at Wali Khan) Don't listen to him...Phone chahiye toh mujhe goli maar... Wali Khan acknowledges that he understands. Rudra Pratap gives him a signal. He understands. He shoots. BANG! The gun goes off. As Rudra Pratap starts falling backwards, RUDRA PRATAP (V.O.) Phir bhi mujhpe goli chalaney se chooka nahi...phone pe betey ki aawaz sunke ruka nahi...Kyunki Wali ki teen aur kamzoriyan thin... Honour...duty aur country... DISSOLVE TO: 90 EXT. KARACHI BORDER - DAY Wali Khan's body is taken out of the burning car. WALI KHAN (V.O.) Yeh sab karkey hi toh apne gharwalon se mil paoonga...Garage mein us raat itna hi toh vaada karney ko kaha tha na tumney...Jo shuroo kiya hai tumhey aur Zoya ko paar pahuncha ke khatam karoonga... CUT TO: 90A EXT. OUTPOST 39 - DAY The guards see the car racing towards them. They wonder what to do when the message comes in their wireless to stop any vehicles approaching the border.
113. They begin to open fire. The car gets hit, swerves off the road. CUT TO: 90B INT/EXT. CAR/OUTPOST 39 - DAY Rudra Pratap gets out, takes aim. One goes down. The other sees the precision of the shot and gets stunned. He gets up firing hoping that he will hit. Rudra Pratap waits, in a flash takes him down. Zoya runs to the boot, opens it. Goldman gets surprised to see her and then Rudra Pratap. He realizes the game. CUT TO: 90C EXT. INDIAN BORDER AREA - DAY Ashwini's chopper lands on the Indian side. He is met by a BSF jeep. They drive towards the outpost. CUT TO: 91 EXT. BORDER AREA - DAY Rudra Pratap and Zoya start to walk with Goldman across. They see the outpost and India beyond. Then they hear it. The unmistakable sound of the Pakistani chopper with Raza. He sees the three of them trying to get across. They open fire. The bullets all around them. They know they have to continue to walk. In the distance Ashwini stands watching them approaching. His heart racing. They see him. Goldman sees him. Rudra pushes them all. Goldman. The Pakistani Chopper starts to circle back. They know he will not aim to scare and warn this time. They keep walking. PILOT I have a clear shot sir... Permission to fire... Raza keeps looking at them. His mind racing. The three of them wait for the volley of bullets. Ashwini also waits. PILOT (CONT'D) Sir... Permission to take them down... Raza hesitates again. They can see the border just paces in front of them.
114. Sir... PILOT (CONT'D)
The pilot starts to fire. Raza pulls the trigger back. PILOT (CONT'D) Sir... We'll lo... RAZA (Holding the trigger) Let them go... They cross the border as Goldman takes one look at Raza and realises that he has been given up. CUT TO: 92 EXT. INDIAN BORDER AREA - DAY Ashwini watches the chopper leave, walks to the three of them. He looks at Goldman. ASHWINI Welcome back... Goldman starts to laugh. Slowly at first. Then raucously. Ashwini, Zoya and Rudra look at him. GOLDMAN Welcome back... (laughs) Yehi kehney ke liye kiya itna sab? Pachaas logon ke oopar zaaya ho gaye... Aapke is welcome back ke chakkar mein... Ashwini says nothing. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Lee aaye naa yahan...? Khush? Ab photo voto khinchvaalo... Jaise shikari khinchvaate hain marey sher ke saath? They keep looking at him. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Bhai INDIA'S MOST WANTED ko pakad laaye ho tum... Zoya looks at Rudra Pratap who keeps looking. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) hain... Kyon ki ek saal baad tumhe pata chalega ke Tihar, Arthur Road ya Yerwada jail se main vohi kar raha hoon jo Dubai, Jeddah ya Karachi mein kar raha tha... Rudra stares at Goldman.
115. GOLDMAN (CONT'D) Mumbai meri mashhoqa... Wapas toh main khud aana chahta tha... Baat bhi ki thi... (ponting to Ashwini) Sahab ko sab maloom hai... Confirm karlo, fauji... Aur yeh bhi pata kar lo ke kyon nahi aaya... Yahan ki sarkar chahti bhi hai ke main wapas aaoon? Maine tere Wali Khan se kaha tha naa ke sab bikte hain... Bas daam pata hona chahiye... Yeh sabak kahin bahar nahi... Yahin India mein... at Goldman. jahaan se achha Hindostan humara mein... (To Rudra) Kuch nahi hoga fauji... Kuch nahi hoga... Thokkney ka chance tha tere paas... Nahi thoka toone... Kyonki desh ki tarah tera bhi problem hai... Chance do sabko... Chahey woh neta ho... police ho... Main hoon ya... Voh chootiya jo camera ke aagey khadey hokey logon ko Churchgate station pe udaa raha tha... Kya kiya tum logon ne? Chaar saal khaatirdaari ki uski aur phir khush ho gaye ke phaansi chadha di... Arre chootiyon... Woh toh marne ke liye aaya tha... Use maarke kya khush ho rahe ho? (To Ashwini) Mere saath bhi wohi circus hogi... Arrest karoge... Channel pe panel bulaoge... Train mein baaten hongi... Breaking news pe sabun tel bikega... Barkha bolegi, Rajdeep bolega... Arnab Goswami chillayega... Phir sab thak jayenge aur main Big Boss chala jaunga... Jeet bhi jaunga... Aakhir Bhai hoon... Pata hai inaam ki rakam se kya karunga? Ek shaheed smarak banaoonga... Desh ke liye apni aur biwi bachon ki jaan dene waley chutiyon ke naam... Sabse upar naam hoga tere us Wali Khan ka... Do linein aur bhi likh doonga...`Saarey jahan se achcha... BANG BANG BANG. Zoya and Ashwini react. Goldman falls down. Both his knees blown to bits. The third bullet spreading venom through his right shoulder. Rudra Pratap slowly walks to him.
116. RUDRA PRATAP ...Hindustan hamara... He stands over the writhing body of Goldman. RUDRA PRATAP (CONT'D) Sach kaha tune... Sab sach... Bahut ghalatiyan ki hain humne... Ab bhi kar rahe hain... Par tu hamari sabse badi ghalati hai... Pressing the gun into the wound. Goldman screams, karenge... RUDRA PRATAP (CONT'D)
He pulls out the glasses from Goldman's face. RUDRA PRATAP (CONT'D) hue India ka chehra sabse pehle tu dekehga... He turns, fires one last bullet. Straight in the heart. Ashwini and Zoya watch the body lie motionless. GOLDMAN (V.O.) Sau saal baad mera bhi yehi haal hoga... Kya sach tha koi bata nahi payega... Sirf kahaniyan hongi... Jisko jo kahani achi lagegi, usi ko sach samjhega... Then a storm starts and a dune starts covering Goldman's body. They start walking away. ASHWINI (V.O.) Kora bhashan tha ya sach? yeh toh waqt hi batayega...
PBS 2 (PART 2) - Ref: RAW Theme They join Rudra Pratap as he walks to the jeep. All three sit in the jeep. No one speaks. ASHWINI (V.O.) (CONT'D) Lekin lagta hai naye Hindustan ka waqt aa gaya tha...
117. 92B EXT. BORDER AREA - DAY The body lies in the desolate Rann. The sand starts to cover it up. DISSOLVE TO: 93 INT. ASHWINI'S HOUSE (SINGAPORE) - DAY Ashwini Kumar plays with his grandchildren. DISSOLVE TO: 93A INT. VARIOUS - DAY A pregnant Zoya Akhtar reading a book, as Moin enters with a tray filled with food, places it on the bed, kisses her forehead. DISSOLVE TO: 93B EXT. DELHI ROADS - DAY
Rudra Pratap Singh waits at a pedestrian crossing in Delhi. A group of protestors walk past him. Banners, flags, slogans all protesting corruption. He walks into the crowd, blends in to it. DISAPPEARS. 94 INT. ASHWINI'S HOUSE (SINGAPORE) - NIGHT A bell rings. Ashwini walks out of his room. Reaches for the door knob. Opens the door, finds the porch empty. Walks out to invesitgate. A figure appears, covers his head with a black cloth. Darkness. THE END