This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Who is Consumer?
• Who buys any goods for a consideration • Hires or avails of any services for a consideration • Uses the goods with the approval of the person who has bought the goods for consideration • Is beneficiary of the services
Who is Person?
• A Firm whether registered or not • A Hindu Undivided Family • A Co-operative society
Who can be complainant?
• A consumer • Any registered voluntary consumer association • Central or state government • One or more consumers • •
Who is not Consumer?
• He who buys for resale or for commercial purpose • Buys goods without consideration • Uses goods without the approval of the person who has bought the goods for consideration • Obtains services under a contract of personal service
Difference between livelihood and commercial purpose
• Contract of Personal Service
Unfair Trade Practice
• Falsely representing goods of particular standard • Old goods as new goods • Goods and services have sponsorship,approval • False guarantee is given • Materially misleading the public about the price of the product •
When a consumer can file a complaint?
• Unfair trade practices • Restrictive trade practices • Defect • Deficiency • Excessive price • Hazardous goods •
Three tier system of redressal of consumer dispute
• District Forum not more than 20 lakhs • State Forum 20 lakhs to 1 crore • National forum above 20 lakhs •