You are on page 1of 2

Kassie Vaughn Topic 11 Lesson 8 Checklist Subtraction of Three-Digit Numbers

*Pre-Assessment* Is the student able to solve a problem involving the subtraction of three-digit numbers by using a standard algorithm?

Name of Student P.J. Audriana Garrett Steven Ethan Aubrey Cameron Kate Branyon Joshua Landan Lauren Montavius Jamie Brady Abe Gary Piper

Yes
X X

No

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

Notes: Some children were playing instead of working, so therefore they were not ready to display their boards when asked (meaning it did not appear they knew how to subtract the numbers). About 60% appear to have prior knowledge of the content, while the remaining 40% do not. There were no students who used addition to check their work.

Kassie Vaughn Topic 11 Lesson 8 Checklist Subtraction of Three-Digit Numbers

*Post-Assessment* Is the student able to solve a problem involving the subtraction of three-digit numbers by using a standard algorithm?

Name of Student P.J. Audriana Garrett Steven Ethan Aubrey Cameron Kate Branyon Joshua Landan Lauren Montavius Jamie Brady Abe Gary Piper

Yes
X --------X X X X (missed 1) X X X X (missed 2) X --------X X (missed 1) ---------

No
X ---------

X ---------

---------

Notes: I did not receive Garrett, Brady, or Pipers assessments. 70% successfully solved the problems, with only a few children missing one or two questions. 16% did not answer the questions adequately. Not one student used addition to check their work.