it is really 1000 hours...?

or pls read this n applying for any of the following licenses for
nursing practice in uae, one should strictly follow the procedure implemented by the
three agencies. some hospitals do require only one of these, so you should choose
which among the three should be your top priority. if you intend to test your luck by
going there without any employers, the need of processing the following documents
should be done:
1) prc license and certificate
as long as you pass the philippine nle, there is not much of a problem. all you need to do is after
you get your license and board certificate, have it authenticated at professional regulations
commission (prc), whichever branch you get your license. you need to photocopy each
document, get it metered at the documentary stamp window for 21php each document (near the
gate of prc if in manila, i just dont !now in other provinces) and give it to authentication window
(1st floor main bldg " the place where you get your license and board certificate). you need to
pay #$php for each document at the cashier and give it bac! to the authentication window
wherein you can get your claim stub for dfa. you will wait for 2 wee!s and you can claim the two
documents for 100php each %red ribbon% (dfa authentication)
2) transcript of records (tor) and diploma from your college of nursing
have your diploma and tor photocopied and give it to your registrar of your nursing school. you
need to pay necessary amount for the processing of your documents. you will get a stub for
claims at dfa or you will go to commission of higher education (ched) and have it authenticated.
i just dont !now with other colleges&universities if they automatically submit the copies of top
and diploma directly to ched. if you will get it from ched, you have to bring it to dfa and have it
authenticated. you need to come as early as you can (li!e '"#am) to be first in line (since it
opens at around (am), you may either get a stub or pic! it up right away. (remember, 100php
for each document authenticated)
)) higher seconday certificate (highschool diploma)
if your diploma is written in filipino, have it transcribed through your highschool registrar and pay
the necessary fees. it is also advisable for you to get your highschool f"1)# (tor) because it is
re*uired for dep ed authentication. you also need to have at least three certified true copies of
every highschool documents, have it drysealed and labeled as certified true copy at your
highschool registrar. after getting your highschool credentials, go to your respective department
of education (dep ed) division office and have the certificate (if from *c, the division office is at
san francisco high school, just at the bac! of sm north edsa anne+ bldg.) you need to pass the
following to the dep ed division office, hs tor and diploma. please bring the original copies. the
certification is for free. after getting the certification, go to your dep ed regional office (if from ncr,
the office is located at the bac! of sm north edsa main bldg,) you need to bring the remaining
two pairs of the certified copies of highschool documents, and the originals (note, dont give the
original copies to them). in addition, you need to give two copies of certification from the dep ed
division office. you need to have 2 pieces of colored passport si-e pictures, in formal attire, and
in white bac!ground. you also need to pay some amount for the documentary stamp. afterwhich
you may proceed to dfa and have it authenticated.
.) copy of the experience certificates from previous employers
i had my employment certificate notari-ed and certified at the local regional trial court (rtc)
where i once wor!ed in the same city, and have it authenticated at dfa (also needs multiple
copies for the local attorney and rtc)
$) have your nursing tor and diploma attested at the uae embassy.
you can send the two documents at any www e+press outlet and you need to pay appro+imately
2,200php for each document (.,.00php for the two) or, you can go to their embassy, pay
appro+imately 1,(00php for each document and have your energy drained.
please don't forget to get your own passport
there are three licenses for uae, but it is really optional to get all of them.
1) ministry of health (moh) " standard license for uae
2) department of health (doh) " mainly re*uired for dubai
)) health authority " abu dhabi (haad) " abu dhabi licensing
///doh and haad should be ta!en if you have enough hospital e+perience (usually not less than
2 years). e+empted to the rule for doh are newly nursing graduates " no more than ) years///
the re*uirements for each licensure is almost the same, but differs in the number of wor!ing
hours and e+emptions. usually, your future employers will be the ones to help you get your
license. the government agencies really needed the employers to be a part of the licensing
maybe beacuse to avoid overcrowding of nurse, just li!e in the philippines. you may want to
read their respective websites about some of the e+emptions to une+perienced newly grads, or
finishing your masters degree in nursing will e+empt you from ta!ing the nursing e+amination.
i got the copy of the following re*uirements for application in the three e+aminations,
for doh:
1. fill medical facility inspection from in case of additional specialty
2. fill application form (health professionals licensure form) by the facility, and application for
licensure by the candidate.
). copies of *ualifications attested by uae embassy
.. recent good standing certificate from the medical council.
$. copies of e+perience certificates
'. list of surgeries performed by the candidate (for surgeon doctors only)
#. passport copy
(. one color photograph
0. application 1 assessment fee
10. license fee
/// e+emption is applicable to those who finished masteral degree in nursing ///
for moh:
1) academic achievement, all e+patriate applicants who graduated from foreign nursing
programs must have graduated with a minimal attainment of si+ty percent ('02) of total
mar!s.applicant should have at least a three ()) year diploma in nursing with a minimal
attainment of si+ty percent ('02) of total mar!s and after a twelve (12) years secondary school
2) nursing e+perience, all e+patriate applicants must have had at least one thousand (1000)
hours e+perience within the three ()) years prior to applying for registration in the uae.
)) the originals or certified copies of each of the following,
a. passport including a valid uae residence visa or other proof of legal stay in the uae.
b. statutory evidence of any name change (marriage license, other legal document).
c. school leaving certificate (highest level attained before entry to nursing or midwifery
d. nursing or midwifery education certificate & diploma & degree" (length of education and
academic achievement must be verified by means of official transcript if not clearly specified on
certificate & diploma & degree).
e. nursing&midwifery licensure or registration showing current validity
re*uired documents attached to the application form are as followw,
1.copy of the degree&diploma&certificate course and should be submitted in either arabic or
english language (attested from the uae embassy).
2.copy of the nursing registration certificate issued by the nursing board&council from the country
of origin.
).copy of higher secondary& secondary certificate or its e*uivalent or pre"nursing educational
..transcript of your nursing education.
$.copy of the e+perience certificates from previous employers.
'.passport copy. colored photograph.
(.application and assessment fees.
for haad:
to apply for licensure as a 3nurse&midwife4 to wor! in the private sector in the emirate of abu
dhabi you are re*uired to demonstrate the following,
1) you have successfully completed 3secondary school4 and have been awarded a highschool
2) you have successfully completed a minimum *ualification of, registered nurse (rn), not less
than three years of nursing education. (holders of program comprising 2 years nursing plus 1
year midwifery *ualify as practical nurse)
)) transcript of professional training 5 must include theory and clinical hours
.) practicing professional license 5 valid and current from home country
$) a certificate of 3good standing4& registration or license from each country where you have
been employed. if you wor!ed in a country and for a government facility where you practiced on
your 3home license4 (e.g. saudi arabia) please ensure to submit certificate of employment in
place of certificate of 3good standing4
') relevant e+perience to the position,
o e+perience attached must cover the minimum re*uirements of the p*r /
o official certificate of service (cos) from an authori-ed person at health facility (must be from
human resources & medical director)
o cos must specify the position held and areas of practice.
o cos must specify the employment period&duration
o all cos must be clear and readable.
o date from (dd&mm&yyyy ) to (dd&mm&yyyy).
o e+perience must be in a substantive post (volunteer wor! and training is not acceptable)
#) uae moh evaluation&licensure if applicable
() you have gained relevant e+perience as follows, a registered nurse for a minimum of two
years fulltime in an acute care facility with at least one year in basic medical and surgical
note: please try to browse for their websites for additional information. you can use your
search engine and key-in moh uae, doh uae or haad. hope this mini info helps. if i miss
something vital, please mention it through the reply box. thank you

Sign up to vote on this title
UsefulNot useful