This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Project Guidelines of MBA FLEXI
This guide will provide you all the information you need to know for
developing a project dissertation. The Project work for MBA course
curriculum has been marked four credits.
The following guidelines are to be adopted for MBA and MBA
1. The duration of the project is two semesters starting from 3
with synopsis preparation and ending with evaluation during the 4
2. It must be a live project either done at the place of work or some other
3. The project must be taken up under a guide of student`s choice.
4. Student must select two guides
(i) Organization guide
(ii). Academic Guide
5. Eligibility criteria for guides
Organization Guide: Guide from the organization should have minimum 5
years of corporate experience.
Guide should be a post graduate
Guide should have minimum 5 years academic experience /
corporate experience. It is not compulsory but it is desired that the
guide has specialized or working in the area of the project chosen.
Academic guide should sign the project report vouching that the
project is done by the student
6. It is desirable that the project relate to the specialization pursued.
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 2
B) The Project Flowchart:
Selection of the Project Topic
Prepare Project Synopsis
Submit the Project Synopsis
Feedback from the University
Prepare the Executive
summary, Project Report and
the PowerPoint presentation
Viva Voce / Project Presentation – Student should
submit the hardcopy of the Executive summary,
Project Report and soft copy of the PowerPoint
30 Days from
Registration in to
Viva Voce will be
conducted on the date
specified by the University
in the 4
Submit the Soft copy of the Executive summary,
Project Report and the PowerPoint presentation
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 3
C) Selection of Project title:
– The title selected should be coherent with the stream of study or
– A list of suggested topics is provided at the end of this document.
However, the student and the guide have the freedom to identify an
– The title should be specific and focus towards the objectives of the
D) Project Process:
1. Prepare Project Synopsis:
The project synopsis needs to be submitted within the deadline specified
by the university. Student can refer to the “Project Synopsis Template”
document for standard template.
It needs to be prepared with the following components:
Should be of approximately 1000 words
Title of the project
Significance of the research
Should outline the methodology to be used
Should mention the tools / techniques to be used for data analysis
Literature review / related research outcomes (a brief review of
similar or related studies conducted elsewhere. (should not be more
than 500 words )
Work done:- visits to company; list of functionaries met; documents
received from company; registers and files seen; observations made;
field visits; number of samples collected/questionnaires filled;
Books, sites, journals, magazines referred
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 4
2. The actual Project study can be completed after getting the feedback
from the university on the synopsis.
3. The Final report:
The Soft copy of the final project report, executive summary and the
power point presentation should be submitted to the University at least
20 days before the VIVA VOCE. The date for submission of the reports
will be intimated by mail to you by the university.
4. Viva Voce / Presentation:
Viva will be conducted as per the schedule given by the Office of
Additional Registrar – Student Evaluation. Hard copy of the final project
report and the executive summary should be submitted along with the
softcopy of the power point slides. The student should demonstrate or
make a power point presentation of the project to the University
approved External and Internal Examiners.
The project work terminates with the viva voce / presentation. A
summary of the project is to be submitted.
Executive summary: Should be 500 words, besides being a part of the
project report, a copy of the executive summary should be submitted
separately also. The following are the constituents of the summary:
o Statement of the problem
o Methodology used
o Main findings / outcome of the study with respect to objectives
E) Project Report:
The final project report should consist of the following components:
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 5
Bonafide Letter (from the company where the project was
Table of contents
List of Tables & List of Figures
List of Symbols, Abbreviations and Nomenclature
o Project details
Title of the project
Aims and objectives of the study
Scope of the study
Significance of the Study
o Literature review / related research outcomes (should not be
more than 500 words)
o Methodology used: Data collection method, research tools used,
sampling methodology, validity of the data
o Data analysis and interpretation / Research findings
o Recommendations and conclusions
o Limitations of the study and scope for further research if any
Format for Bibliography:
Author’s or Editor’s Names, Title of the Book, Place of Publication,
Publisher, Year of Publication, Page number
R.C.Goyal, Hospital Administration and Human Resource
Management, New Delhi: Prentice Hall Publication, 2008, Pg. 75
S. K. Joshi, Quality Management in Hospitals, New Delhi: Jaypee
Brothers, 2009, pg 89-93
Author, “Article Title”, Periodical Title, Date of Publication, Page
Numbers of the article.
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 6
Bronwyn Fryer, “The Layoff”, Harvard Business Review, March
2009, pg 17-24.
Keila Rooney, “Consumer Driven Healthcare Marketing: Using the
Web to get up close and Personal”, Journal of Healthcare
Management, Chicago: July 2009. Vol 54, Pg 241
F) Project Duration:
Activities Semester 3 Semester 4
1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
The project duration is 2 semesters. It starts immediately after the
registration into the 3rd semester and ends with a viva that will be
conducted in the 4
G) Project Evaluation:
Evaluation Pattern for the project is as given below:
Evaluation Criteria Internal External
Synopsis 5 5
Methodology 10 10
Analysis / Findings 25 25
Project Report 25 25
Viva 35 35
Total 100 100
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 7
H) Suggested Project topics for MBA but are not limited to:
Sl No. Project Topics
PROJECT TOPICS RELATED TO HUMAN RESOURCES
1. A study of performance appraisal / performance management
system in XYZ organization
2. Assessment of role stress amongst the employees of XYZ
3. Job satisfaction survey at XYZ organization
4. Competency mapping in an organization
5. Training effectiveness in an organization
6. Study of organizational culture OCTAPACE profile.
7. Motivational analysis of organization
8. A comparative study of team effectives in an organization: Team
effectiveness assessment measure.
9. A study of Compensation Management System
10. A detailed study of promotion and reward policy of organization
11. A study of quality of work life in an organization.
12. Mapping training need of employees: Training Need Analysis
PROJECT TOPICS RELATED TO MARKETING
13. Formulation of marketing strategies to improve the market share
of the organization
14. Improving the effectiveness & efficiency of sales operations of
15. Developing a service delivery model to bridge the gap between
services expected & provided by the organization.
16. Strategies for increasing the occupancy rate of the hotel
17. A market feasibility study for new product of an organization.
18. Distribution mapping & dealer satisfaction survey.
19. A study of marketing strategies & distribution channels of an
20. A study to increase penetration level & brand loyalty among
existing consumers of an organization.
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 8
PROJECT TOPICS RELATED TO FINANCE
21. The impact of Global recession on Information Technology
sector in India.
22. The impact of recent global economic slump on Indian capital
23. A comparative study of bancassurance products in banks.
24. A Comparative study of Equity linked Savings Schemes floated
by domestic Mutual fund players.
25. A Comparative Study of cost of capital in
Automobile/Steel/Pharma/ Finance industry.
26. A comparative study of Finance performance of banks using
27. Profitability and Operational Efficiency of Public Sector banks.
28. Profitability and Operational Efficiency of banks in India.
29. A study of working capital management in small scale industries.
30. The scope of Microfinance in Indian context.
31. Financial Inclusion- The scope and effect in Indian economy.
32. Rural banking in India.
33. Dematerialization – The scope and effect.
34. The future of Investment banks in the post Lehman Brothers era.
PROJECT TOPICS RELATED TO INFORMATION SYSTEMS
35. Role of software agents as a collaborative tool - Ecommerce
36. Hospital Management System- Database Approach
37. Automation of Banking database, XYZ Bank.
38. Automation of Customer Relation Database, A SAP Product
39. A study on Electronic data storage
40. A webpage design using JAVA-Google page
PROJECT TOPICS RELATED TO MBA-HCS
41. A study on the identification of high risk groups prone to spinal
disorders / diabetes / heart attacks (or any other lifestyle
condition) and corresponding prevention recommendations.
42. A study on the wellness practices in a target group (MNC
employees, school children, and adults) and recommendations
on wellness practices.
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 9
43. A study on the identification of causes of delays in in-patient
discharges and recommendations to avoid delays and increase
44. A comparative study on patient satisfaction in (executive suites,
VIP suites, Out-patient department, General ward, Laboratory
services, etc.) and recommendations to increase patient
45. A study on the identification of causes of delays in patient
transfer (internal/ external) and recommendations to decrease
waiting time and increase patient satisfaction.
46. A comparative study on waiting time in various hospital
departments and recommendations to decrease waiting time
(Out-patient dept, billing, etc).
47. A study on job satisfaction of nurses / paramedic staff in ICU /
Operation Theatre/ wards / etc. and corresponding
recommendations to improve job satisfaction.
48. A study of sickness absenteeism among various groups of
hospital employees (nurses, House-keeping staff, ward boys,
CSSD employees, doctors, etc
49. A study on work safety for employees in the radiology
department / waste disposal department / lab / housekeeping /
etc. and corresponding recommendations to improve work
safety. A comparative study may also be undertaken between
50. A study on Waste disposal management in a hospital and
recommendations for safe disposal.
51. A study on hospital acquired infections and prevention
52. A study on the efficiency of CSSD (or any other department of a
53. A cost analysis study in general ward (or any other department)
of a hospital to develop user charges.
54. A comparative study on cost analysis of the various departments
in a hospital and cost-cutting recommendations.
55. A study on formulation of marketing strategies to promote a
healthcare service (e.g.: ‘Women Wellness check-up’
56. A study on involvement of Doctors / nurses / paramedics in rural
healthcare and suggestions to improve involvement.
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 10
57. A study on medical representative triumphs and trials.
Recommendation to improve liaison of medical reps and doctors.
58. A comparative study of in-house pharmacy and retail pharmacy.
59. A Study on the identification of the causes of delays in cashless
hospitalization and suggest recommendations to reduce time
PROJECT TOPICS RELATED TO INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Market entry strategies and programs for a particular sector/
61. Cross cultural issues and managing cross border teams
62. Strategies adopted by MNCs to cope with Indian brands
63. Impact of FDI on any particular sector
64. Multinational mergers and acquisitions
65. HR policies – Global and Local
66. Transfer pricing- issues and government policies
67. Impact of HRM practices on operational performance in MNCs
68. Changes in banking industry after incorporation of FEMA
PROJECT TOPICS RELATED TO PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Application of project management to Global product
Application of project management to software development
Project cost estimation
Information Risk Management
Knowledge management in project management
Force field analysis
Critical path analysis to software projects
Importance of Human resource Management in project
Importance of communication in project management
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 11
I) Templates / Details of the Project Report
1. Cover page and Title page
3. Bonafide Letter
4. Executive Summary
5. Table of contents
6. List of Tables
7. List of Figures
8. List of Symbols, Abbreviations and Nomenclature
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 12
1) Cover Page and Title page:
About Cover page and Title Page:
<TITLE OF PROJECT REPORT>
A PROJECT REPORT
Under the guidance Of
in partial fulfillment o f the requirement
for the award of the degree
[Finance/Marketing/Human Resource Management/Information Systems/ Banking/Retail
Operations/ Operations Management/ Project Management/ Total Quality Management]
<MONTH> & <YEAR>
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 13
Acknowledgment is the regards given to the people and organization who
have helped you in completing the project undertaken. Mainly it must
acknowledge the organization in which you carried out the study, followed
by the people who have helped you in the process.
3) Bonafide Certificate
Certified that this project report titled ……………………………………………..” is the bonafide
work of “…………..<NAME OF THE CANDIDATE(S)>.…………” who carried out the project
work under my supervision.
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT FACULTY IN CHARGE
<<Full address of the Dept & College >> <Full address of the Dept &
<<Full address of the Dept. of College>> <Full address of the Dept. &
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 14
4) Executive Summary:
Executive summary should be of one page summary of the project report. It
should consist of the statement of the problem, main findings, and
recommendations for the further use. It should be typed in double line
spacing, Font Style-Times New Roman and Font Size-14.
5) Table of contents:
It is the list of all the contents in the report and all the detailed content
precedes this table of content. A Specimen is shown below
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title Page No.
1.1 Detail 1
1.2 Detail 5
1.3 Detail 10
2 Literature review.
2.1 Detail 14
2.2 Detail 21
6) List of Tables:
Give the same name for the table as they exactly appear above the tables in
the text. The caption of the Table must be present above the table. 1.5 line
spacing should be adopted for typing the matter under this head.
Table 1 <Caption of the table>
Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Field 4 Field 5 Field 6
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 15
List of tables
1. Table 1: <caption the table1>
Note: By the word ‘Table’, we mean tabulated numerical data in the body of
the project report as well as in the appendices (if any). All other non-verbal
materials used in the body of the project work and appendices such as
charts, graphs, maps, photographs and diagrams may be designated as
7) List of Figures:
Give the same name for the table as they exactly appear below the figures
in the text. The caption of the figure must be present below the figure. 1.5
line spacing should be adopted for typing the matter under this head.
Figure 1: < Caption of the Figure>
List of Figures
1. Figure 1: <caption the Figure 1>
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 16
8) List of Symbols, Abbreviations and Nomenclature:
1.5 line spacing should be adopted for typing the matter under this head.
Standard symbols, abbreviations etc. should be used.
Mainly the chapters can be broadly classified into 3 parts
1. Introductory chapter
2. Chapter(s) on the main content of the project
3. Concluding chapter.
The main text will be divided into several chapters and each chapter can be
further divided into several divisions and sub-divisions.
Each chapter should be given a relevant title.
Tables and figures in a chapter should be placed in the position with
respect to the reference where they are cited.
Headers and Footnotes should be used sparingly. The title of the
project must be reflected in the left side of the header and chapter
name must be in the right side of the headers. Page numbers are to
be placed in the right side of the footer. They should be typed single
space and placed directly underneath in the very same page, which
refers to the material they annotate.
Note: Always the report must be ended with the concluding chapter and
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 17
The listing of references should be typed 4 spaces below the heading
“REFERENCES” in alphabetical order in single spacing left – justified. The
reference material should be listed in the alphabetical order of the first
author. The name of the author/authors should be immediately followed by
the year and other details. Any website reference must be referred preceded
by the publications reference.
The text in the printed copies must in black color.
1.5 line spacing should be used for typing the general text. The general
text shall be typed in the Font style ‘Times New Roman’ and Font
MBA Program Guide Page No.: 18
ANNEXURE – 1
No Objection Certificate
This is to certify that the project titled
_______________________________________ is the bonafide work of
Mr./Ms. _________________________________ with roll number
________________ carried out for/in
________________________________________ (Organization Name).
We have no objection with he/she selecting
___________________________________ (project title) as his/her Project
for the requirements of his/her MBA degree. He / She will be allowed to
present the necessary technical details to the panel of examiners for the
purpose of evaluation.
Signature of the Organization Guide
(Name, Designation and Organization Details)
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.