What is E-Marketing?
• E-Marketing or electronic marketing refers to the application of marketing principles and techniques via electronic media and more specifically the Internet • E-Marketing, Internet marketing and online marketing are synonymous • E-Marketing has opened up new avenues for smaller businesses, on a much smaller budget, to access potential
» » » » » »
E-commerce Publishing Lead-based websites Affiliate marketing Local internet marketing Blackhat marketing
Internet marketing is associated with several business models:
Benefits of E-Marketing over traditional marketing
E-marketing Value Chain
Modern Market Segments
Businesses That Can Flourish On The Internet
Personalized Online Communication
Data Mining and Marketing Research
• Data mining can generate new business opportunity by
– Automated prediction of trends and behavior – Automated discovery of previously unknown patterns
• Tools of data mining
– Neural computing – Intelligent agents – Association analysis
E-CRM versus CRM
E-CRM • Provide information in response to specific customer inquiries. • Identifying and responding to specific customer behaviors and preferences. • Individually tailored to customer.
• • •
CRM “Push and sell” a uniform message to all customers. Market segmentation Same to all customers. Through intermediaries chosen by the seller. Set by the seller for all customers.
E-CRM versus CRM
• • •
E-CRM Direct or through intermediaries; customer’s choice. Negotiated with each customer. Created in response to customer demands. Customer retention; total value of the individual customer relationship.
• Determine by the seller based on research and development. • To measure the customer relationship they use market share or profit as bases.
• Elements of branding are differentiation, relevance, percieved value. • Search engine optimization. • Affiliate networks. • Permission e-mails. • Personalization and mass customization. • E-care • Spiral branding
Problems of Internet Marketing in India
• Internet reach is very low in India. • Internet population is just 7% as compared to US which has 70% Europe 72%. • Lack of infra facility and connectivity. • Number of active users are very low and among that major age group is between 18 to 25 year older people. • Majority of the online business is for travel booking and downloads besides this other sectors do not attract much traffic. • Lack of awareness. • Security reasons.