You are on page 1of 9

PAGE 1 OF 6

REV 0
DOCUMENT NO.
Design code ASME B31.3
Pipe !ic"ness
Minimum thickness of pipe selected, T >=
= t + c
Pressure design thickness, t = PD
2(SEW+P!
Piping spec
Pipe de#i$s
Pipe %#e&i#$ "STM " #$%
Pipe si'e (o)side di#%ee&* D &PS
Design P&ess)&e P '$$ psig
Design Te%pe&#)&e T #$$
S 2$$$$ psig
Co&&osion #$$o+#nce c 2 MM
E # (E = #, for se(mless pipes!
Coe,,icien (,&o% T#-$e 30..1.1* $)*
W #
Pipe si+e ,utside di(meter t c Selected thickness,T
(&PS! (MM! (MM! (MM! (MM! (MM! (&ote -!
#.2 2#)/ $)/2 2)$$ 2)/2 2)'%
2)-- Sch *$ Sch STD
/.* 2')- $)*$ 2)$$ 2)*$ 2)-*
2)0- Sch *$ Sch STD
# //)* $)%$ 2)$$ 2)%$ 2)0%
2)1$ Sch /$ )))
# #.* *2)2 $)'/ 2)$$ 2)'/ /)$$
/)%' Sch *$ Sch STD
# #.2 *0)/ $)-2 2)$$ 2)-2 /)##
/)#0 Sch /$ )))
2 '$)/ $)1$ 2)$$ 2)1$ /)/#
/)1# Sch *$ Sch STD
/ 00)1 #)// 2)$$ /)// /)0$
*)-0 Sch /$ )))
* ##*)/ #)-$ 2)$$ /)-$ *)2/
*)-0 Sch /$ )))
' #'0)/ 2)%# 2)$$ *)%# %)#%
-)## Sch *$ Sch STD
0 2#1)# /)2- 2)$$ %)2- ')$2
')/% Sch 2$ )))
#$ 2-/ *)$- 2)$$ ')$- ')1*
-)0$ Sch /$ )))
#2 /2/)0 *)0/ 2)$$ ')0/ -)0$
0)/0 Sch /$ )))
#* /%%)' %)/$ 2)$$ -)/$ 0)/%
1)%/ Sch /$ Sch STD
#' *$')* ')$' 2)$$ 0)$' 1)2#
1)%/ Sch /$ Sch STD
#0 *%-)2 ')02 2)$$ 0)02 #$)$0
##)#/ Sch /$ )))
2$ %$0 -)%- 2)$$ 1)%- #$)1*
#2)-$ Sch /$ Sch 2S
*0 #2#1)2 #0)#0 2)$$ 2$)#0 2/)$'
& " 3&." 3&."
T/0C1NESS CA2CU2AT0ONS AS PER
ASME B 31.3
t
m
+ m(nuf(cturer4s minus toler(nce(#2)%5!
Minimum re6uired thickness, t
m
$
7
B#sic #$$o+#-$e s&ess in ension #
design e%pe&#)&e (,&o% T#-$e A31*
2ongi)din#$ +e$d 4oin ,#co& (,o&%
T#-$e A31B*
( = $)*, for temper(tures (t 1$$
$
7 (nd 8elo9!
5e$d 4oin s&eng! &ed)cion ,#co&6
pe& p#&# 307.3.8 (e* (W = #, for Temper(tures (t 1%$
$
7 (nd 8elo9!
t
m
t
m
+ (neg(ti:e mill
toler(nce of #2)%$ 5!
Seamless ASME B 36.10
48
PAGE 7 OF 6
REV 0
DOCUMENT NO.
T/0C1NESS CA2CU2AT0ONS AS PER
ASME B 31.3
&otes ;
#) <nputs to this sheet, (re the <:or= coloured cells ie,
> Design Pressure,
> Design Temper(ture,
> ?(sic (llo9(8le stress in tension (t design temper(ture,
> @orrosion (llo9(nce,
> Aongitu8in(l 9eld Boint f(ctor,
> @oefficient,
> Weld Boint strength reduction f(ctor)
/) Select se(mless for se(mless pipes (nd 9elded for 9elded pipes)
%) This sheet gi:es onl= schedule thickness for se(mless pipes (nd MM thickness for 9elded pipes)
') This sheet gi:es thicknesses for follo9ing si+es of c(r8on steel (nd st(inless steel pipes,
@(r8on steel pipes (se(mless! = from #.2 to *0 &PS
@(r8on steel pipes (9elded! = from ' &PS to 0$ &PS
= from #.2 to /$ &PS
> Pipe M(teri(l,
2) Select "SME ? /')#$ for c(r8on steel pipes (nd "SME ? /')#1 for st(inless steel pipes(for st(inless steel pipes the
third column in selected thickness sho9s C& "C (s per the "SME ? /')#1!)
*) This sheet gi:es thicknesses up to 2$ &PS 8= def(ult, for higher si+es the select the re6uired si+e in the drop do9n
menu (g(inst pipe si+e)
St(inless steel pipes (se(mless (nd
9elded!
-) The column for selected Thickness gi:es MM thicknesses in the first column, corresponding Schedules Sch *$, '$,
0$ etc in the second column (nd Sch 2S, STD, 22S etc in the third columns (s (:(il(8le)
PAGE 3 OF 6
REV 0
DOCUMENT NO.
T/0C1NESS CA2CU2AT0ONS AS PER
ASME B 31.3
PAGE .97 OF 6
REV 0
DOCUMENT NO.
Design code ASME B31..
Pipe !ic"ness
Minimum thickness of pipe selected, T >=
= t + c
Pressure design thickness, t = PD
2S
"llo9(8le stress, S = 7 D E D Specified minimum =ield strength of the pipe
Piping spec
Pipe de#i$s
Pipe %#e&i#$ "STM " #$' Er ?
Pipe si'e (o)side di#%ee&* D &PS
Design P&ess)&e P /'10 psig
Design Te%pe&#)&e #$$
*$$$$ psig
Co&&osion #$$o+#nce c #)' MM
E # (E = #, for se(mless pipes!
Design F#co& 7 $)% (@lient dri:en, 7 F= $)-2!
Pipe si+e ,utside di(meter t c Selected thickness,T
(&PS! (MM! (MM! (MM! (MM! (MM! (&ote -!
#.2 2#)/ #)1- #)'$ /)%- *)$0
*)-0 Sch #'$ )))
/.* 2')- 2)*- #)'$ *)$- *)'%
%)%' Sch #'$ )))
# //)* /)$1 #)'$ *)'1 %)/'
')/% Sch #'$ )))
# #.* *2)2 /)1$ #)'$ %)%$ ')21
')/% Sch #'$ )))
# #.2 *0)/ *)*- #)'$ ')$- ')1/
-)#* Sch #'$ )))
2 '$)/ %)%- #)'$ -)#- 0)2$
0)-* Sch #'$ )))
/ 00)1 0)22 #)'$ 1)02 ##)22
#%)2* ))) Sch 22S
* ##*)/ #$)%- #)'$ #2)#- #/)1#
#-)#2 ))) Sch 22S
' #'0)/ #%)%' #)'$ #-)#' #1)'#
2#)1% ))) Sch 22S
0 2#1)# 2$)2' #)'$ 2#)0' 2*)10
& " 3&." 3&."
#$ 2-/ 2%)2* #)'$ 2')0* /$)'-
& " 3&." 3&."
#2 /2/)0 21)1* #)'$ /#)%* /')$*
& " 3&." 3&."
#* /%%)' /2)00 #)'$ /*)*0 /1)*$
& " 3&." 3&."
#' *$')* /-)%- #)'$ /1)#- **)--
& " 3&." 3&."
#0 *%-)2 *2)2- #)'$ */)0- %$)#*
& " 3&." 3&."
2$ %$0 *')1' #)'$ *0)%' %%)%$
& " 3&." 3&."
2* '$1)' %')/' #)'$ %-)1' '')2*
& " 3&." 3&."
T/0C1NESS CA2CU2AT0ONS AS PER
ASME B31..
t
m
+ m(nuf(cturer4s minus toler(nce(#2)%5!
Minimum re6uired thickness, t
m
$
7
Speci,ied %ini%)% :ie$d s&eng!
(,&o% Appendi; D*
2ongi)din#$ +e$d 4oin ,#co& (,o&%
T#-$e .07...3*
t
m
t
m
+ (neg(ti:e mill
toler(nce of #2)%$ 5!
Seamless ASME B 36.10
24
PAGE 897 OF 6
REV 0
DOCUMENT NO.
T/0C1NESS CA2CU2AT0ONS AS PER
ASME B31..
&otes ;
#) <nputs to this sheet, (re the <:or= coloured cells ie,
> Design Pressure,
> Design Temper(ture,
> Specified minimum =ield strength,
> @orrosion (llo9(nce,
> Aongitu8in(l 9eld Boint f(ctor,
> Design 7(ctor,
/) Select se(mless for se(mless pipes (nd 9elded for 9elded pipes)
%) This sheet gi:es onl= schedule thickness for se(mless pipes (nd MM thickness for 9elded pipes)
') This sheet gi:es thicknesses for follo9ing si+es of c(r8on steel (nd st(inless steel pipes,
@(r8on steel pipes (se(mless! = from #.2 to *0 &PS
@(r8on steel pipes (9elded! = from ' &PS to 0$ &PS
= from #.2 to /$ &PS
> Pipe M(teri(l,
2) Select "SME ? /')#$ for c(r8on steel pipes (nd "SME ? /')#1 for st(inless steel pipes(for st(inless steel pipes the
third column in selected thickness sho9s C& "C (s per the "SME ? /')#1!)
*) This sheet gi:es thicknesses up to 2$ &PS 8= def(ult, for higher si+es the select the re6uired si+e in the drop do9n
menu (g(inst pipe si+e)
St(inless steel pipes (se(mless (nd
9elded!
-) The column for selected Thickness gi:es MM thicknesses in the first column, corresponding Schedules Sch *$, '$,
0$ etc in the second column (nd Sch 2S, STD, 22S etc in the third columns (s (:(il(8le)
PAGE 697 OF 6
REV 0
DOCUMENT NO.
T/0C1NESS CA2CU2AT0ONS AS PER
ASME B31..
PAGE <9. OF 6
REV 0
DOCUMENT NO.
Design code ASME B31.=
Pipe !ic"ness
Minimum thickness of pipe selected, T >=
= t + c
Pressure design thickness, t = PD
2S(7ET!
Piping spec
Pipe de#i$s
Pipe %#e&i#$ "STM " #$' Er ?
Pipe si'e (o)side di#%ee&* D &PS
Design P&ess)&e P -%$ psig
Design Te%pe&#)&e #$$
S %2$$$ psig
Co&&osion #$$o+#nce c * MM
E # (E = #, for se(mless pipes!
Design F#co& (,&o% T#-$e =.1.11.A* 7 $)% (@lient dri:en!
T #
Pipe si+e ,utside di(meter t c Selected thickness,T
(&PS! (MM! (MM! (MM! (MM! (MM! (&ote -!
#.2 2#)/ $)/# *)$$ *)/# *)12
& " & " & "
/.* 2')- $)/1 *)$$ *)/1 %)$#
& " & " & "
# //)* $)*0 *)$$ *)*0 %)#2
& " & " & "
# #.* *2)2 $)'# *)$$ *)'# %)2-
& " & " & "
# #.2 *0)/ $)-$ *)$$ *)-$ %)/-
& " & " & "
2 '$)/ $)0- *)$$ *)0- %)%-
& " & " & "
/ 00)1 #)20 *)$$ %)20 ')$*
& " & " & "
* ##*)/ #)'% *)$$ %)'% ')*'
& " & " & "
' #'0)/ 2)*/ *)$$ ')*/ -)/%
-)12 ))) )))
0 2#1)# /)#' *)$$ -)#' 0)#0
0)-* ))) )))
#$ 2-/ /)1* *)$$ -)1* 1)$-
1)2- Sch *$ Sch STD
#2 /2/)0 *)'- *)$$ 0)'- 1)1#
#$)/# Sch *$ )))
#* /%%)' %)#/ *)$$ 1)#/ #$)*/
##)#/ Sch *$ )))
#' *$')* %)0' *)$$ 1)0' ##)2-
##)1# ))) )))
#0 *%-)2 ')%1 *)$$ #$)%1 #2)##
#2)-$ ))) Sch 2S
2$ %$0 -)// *)$$ ##)// #2)1%
#*)2- ))) )))
22 %%0)0 0)$' *)$$ #2)$' #/)-0
#*)2- ))) )))
T/0C1NESS CA2CU2AT0ONS AS PER
ASME B31.=
t
m
+ m(nuf(cturer4s minus toler(nce(#2)%5!
Minimum re6uired thickness, t
m
$
7
Speci,ied %ini%)% :ie$d s&eng!
(,&o% Appendi; D*
2ongi)din#$ +e$d 4oin ,#co& (,o&%
T#-$e =.1.118A*
Te%pe&)&e de&#ing ,#co& (,&o%
T#-$e =.1.116A* (T = #, for temper(ture (t 2%$
$
7 or less!
t
m
t
m
+ (neg(ti:e mill
toler(nce of #2)%$ 5!
Welded ASME B 36.10
22
PAGE =9. OF 6
REV 0
DOCUMENT NO.
T/0C1NESS CA2CU2AT0ONS AS PER
ASME B31.=
&otes ;
#) <nputs to this sheet, (re the <:or= coloured cells ie,
> Design Pressure,
> Design Temper(ture,
> Specified minimum =ield strength,
> @orrosion (llo9(nce,
> Aongitu8in(l 9eld Boint f(ctor,
> Design 7(ctor,
> Temperture der(ting f(ctor)
/) Select se(mless for se(mless pipes (nd 9elded for 9elded pipes)
%) This sheet gi:es onl= schedule thickness for se(mless pipes (nd MM thickness for 9elded pipes)
') This sheet gi:es thicknesses for follo9ing si+es of c(r8on steel (nd st(inless steel pipes,
@(r8on steel pipes (se(mless! = from #.2 to *0 &PS
@(r8on steel pipes (9elded! = from ' &PS to 0$ &PS
= from #.2 to /$ &PS
> Pipe M(teri(l,
2) Select "SME ? /')#$ for c(r8on steel pipes (nd "SME ? /')#1 for st(inless steel pipes(for st(inless steel pipes the
third column in selected thickness sho9s C& "C (s per the "SME ? /')#1!)
*) This sheet gi:es thicknesses up to 2$ &PS 8= def(ult, for higher si+es the select the re6uired si+e in the drop do9n
menu (g(inst pipe si+e)
St(inless steel pipes (se(mless (nd
9elded!
-) The column for selected Thickness gi:es MM thicknesses in the first column, corresponding Schedules Sch *$, '$,
0$ etc in the second column (nd Sch 2S, STD, 22S etc in the third columns (s (:(il(8le)
PAGE >9. OF 6
REV 0
DOCUMENT NO.
T/0C1NESS CA2CU2AT0ONS AS PER
ASME B31.=