This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Digital Imaging & Animation Technology
By: Abdul Hamid Busthami Nur
Introduction to Flash Professional
• • • • • • • • • • • • Introduction to Flash MX software Introduction the Flash MX interface Drawing and color Animation basics Frame by frame animation Shape Tweening Motion Tweening Timeline effects Bitmap Masking Movie clip and Library, symbols and instance animation
What is Flash ?
• Flash is an authoring tool that designers and developers use to create presentations, applications, and other content that enables user interaction. • Flash projects can include simple animations, video content, complex presentations, applications, and everything in between.
• In general, individual pieces of content made with Flash are called applications, even though they might only be a basic animation. • You can make media-rich Flash applications by including pictures, sound, video, and special effects.
• Flash is extremely well suited to creating content for delivery over the Internet because its files are very small. • Flash achieves this through its extensive use of vector graphics.
Vector Vs Bitmap
• Vector graphics require significantly less memory and storage space than bitmap graphics because they are represented by mathematical formulas instead of large data sets. • Bitmap graphics are larger because each individual pixel in the image requires a separate piece of data to represent it.
• To build an application in Flash, you create graphics with the Flash drawing tools and import additional media elements into your Flash document. • Next, you define how and when you want to use each of those elements to create the application as you have in mind.
Introduction to Flash software
• • • • • Flash 4 Flash 5 Flash 6 Flash 7/ Flash Mx Professional Flash 8
Introduction the Flash MX Interface
Tool Panels Stage Library Panels
Tools for Drawing Tools for Viewing Tools for Adjust color Tools for customization
Customize the size of the stage Customize the Background of the stage Customize the Frame rate
All imported files will appear in the library panels
Create a folder
Keyframe Blank keyframe Unpopulated keyframe
To Show/hide and Lock the object
To create layer & folder
• Default Layout • Customized Layout
Let’s Do some exercises using Tool Panels