P. 1
Studying Abroad in the UK - What You Need to Know

Studying Abroad in the UK - What You Need to Know

Views: 34|Likes:
Published by great pinoy

More info:

Published by: great pinoy on Feb 08, 2010
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOC, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





Studying Abroad in the UK – What You Need to Know

Studying abroad in the UK is a great opportunity to earn a university degree while immersing yourself in an international cultural setting. But going from being a student in the Philippines to studying in the UK is a big step, and there are a lot of guidelines and policies that you have to follow. Getting your paperwork in order can be difficult if you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, with the help of Finest Workers Limited, you can get accepted to a university, and learn about everything you need to become a student in the UK. What’s even better is that Finest Workers Limited does not charge any consultation fees. The Tier 4 points based system outlines everything an international adult students needs to know about studying in the UK. It’s called a points based system because it relies just on that—the student must earn a certain number of points in order to quality for studying at a post-16 educational facility in the country. While this sounds like it may be a very complicated process, it really isn’t. All a student needs is 40 points, and they only have to meet two conditions to gain these 40 points. 1. The student must have a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies or a valid visa letter from any Tier 4 sponsor (i.e., the student must have been accepted to study at a UK university) – 30 points. 2. The student must show that he/she has enough money to cover all tuition and course fees plus monthly living costs while he/she studies in the UK – 10 points. Finest Workers Limited can assist you with obtaining your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. This involves finding the university you wish to study at, completing all paperwork to apply to the school, and applying for a student visa. Once you have completed these steps, you’ll be accepted to the university and ready to begin courses there. Showing that you have enough money to live in the UK while studying is a bit more difficult. The reason you must show that you have these funds is that you won’t be able to make use of any public funds while in the UK. You will need to show that you can pay all of your course fees and that you can pay your living expenses. The amount that you need depends on how much the university charges, how much financial assistance you are receiving, and where you are living. If your spouse, children, or other family members are coming with you, you will need to show that you have the funds to support them as well. Students are eligible to work while studying in the UK. During the term, they are eligible to work part-time, which is no more than 20 hours a week. During vacations, they may work full-time. Students can also do work placement as part of their courses if it is an option. This work placement cannot be more than 50% of the length of the course.

As a general adult student in the UK under the Tier 4 program, you will be eligible to enrol in several different full-time study programs. You must enrol in one of these types of programs in order to meet the requirements of the Tier 4 program. 1. A full-time course that will result in a level 6 or higher qualification as outlined in the National Qualification Framework 2. An overseas course that is equivalent to a UK higher education course (this type of course isn’t really applicable to those from the Philippines who wish to study in the UK). 3. A full-time student enrolled in a course that involves at least 15 hours a week of organized daytime study that will lead to a qualification below degree level. Once you have been accepted for a course of study in the UK, you will be given a start date by your university. If you’re doing a course that is at least six months long or a presessional course that is less than six months, you can move to the UK up to a month before the given start date. If your course is less than six months and is not a presessional course, you can come to the UK seven days before the start date. Note that there is a limit on the amount of time you can study in the UK below the bachelor’s degree level. A Tier 4 general student cannot spend more than three years studying below this level. Need more help or have questions? The above information is just a brief outline of some of the guidelines regarding studying abroad in the UK. If you would like more information, visit Finest Workers Limited online at www.finestworkers.co.uk to view more of our online resources. If you still have questions or want to start working with one of our representatives on your application to study in the UK, simply email us at info@finestworkers.co.uk and we will get in touch with you. Here at Finest Workers, we want to see you succeed in your international education, and we’re ready to help you with all aspects of your application. There are no hidden consultation fees or other fees, either —we’re dedicated to helping you, not taking your money.

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->