This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
• Presentation by : Aditya Bhujbal Sejal Rane Gargi Keluskar Pritam Jadhav • Information and Vedios by: Reshma Desai Prachi Shinde
Po w e rp o i t Pre se n te ti n n o b y: S u sh a n t G a w a l i
What is Public Relation (PR) ?
a I m th e P R
What is PR?
Name plate on the house
Role of PR in banking & insurance sector • PR works 24 x 7…
• It maintains good Human Relation
• Brand ambassador
Public relation strategies of
LIC corporate profile
• Established by an Act of Parliament on 1st September, 1956.
• It has a network of 2048 branches and more than nine lakh agents.
• LIC ranks No.1 in the list of top 500 companies on the basis of Net Worth(Rs. 15, 47, 951 million) as well as Net Profit(2,66,277 million)
Objectives of PR in LIC
• TO THE COMMUNITY: We will • • TO OUR CUSTOMERS: We will • • TO OUR WORKFORCE: We will
Organization and Staffing of the Public Relations Department in LIC
• LIC is purely a service-oriented organization
Tasks and Activities under the purview of PR at LIC
• • • • • • • Advertising Organize press conferences Issue Press Releases Participate in public awareness programmes
itam Jadhav Pr
Consumer relation in L.I.C. Aim of corporate relation fulfilled of L.I.C. PR activities of L.I.C.
CONSUMER RELATION IN L.I.C.
PR ACTIVITIES FOR CONSUMER RELATIONS
Number of means …
Press release Oral communication Journals and Employee-consumer publications communication Financial result Press conference Booklets, brochures and pamphlets Audio-visual Posters and hoardings communication Other amenities Television and Radio provided by L.I.C. advertising i. WEBSITE Trans slides ii.ETC. Printed communication
Aim of corporate relations fulfilled at L . I . C .
• CORPORATE IDENTITY
1. COMPANY LOGO 2. SIGN-UP LINE 3. COMPANY PUBLICATIONS
• CORPORATE IMAGE • CORPORATE CITIZEN
Public relation activities at L.I.C.
L.I.C. website Grievance redressal machinery Rally organization PR and publicity conference Exhibitions Free phone call facility to the policy holder Sponsorship
Distribution of diaries and calendars Publicity stall Public function Adv.in newspaper and magazine Insurance week Training programme Meetings
rgi Keluskar Ga
India’s ‘2nd Largest BANK’. 614 Branches and Extension Counters. 2200 ATM’S. Biggest private sector bank in India. Most valuable bank in India in terms of market capitalization. Described by the competitors and industry expert in one word – “ Aggressive ”.
in the Industry.
• Introduced concept of ‘ Branding ’ in the Indian banking industry . • • Process , People and Physical evidence – brought to life by ICICI . • • Product Innovation – Put the ‘ customer first ’ in the true sense . • • Cash on the celebrity fever – Introduced the ‘ Concept of Brand Ambassadors ’.
In effect – changed and shaped
• Unleashed the power of the internet – introduced the concept of net banking and e mail marketing . • First bank to focus on retail banking as a driver for growth . • Comprehensive data centre availability & data protection the Indian Banking Industry . !! solutions .
PUBLIC RELATIONS !!!!
THE PURPOSE - To deliver communication that is uniform in its message and yet customised for specific target audiences.
• Media relations. – Press conferences. – Press Releases. – 1-1 interviews. – • Investor relations.
• Analyst relations.
• Government relations. Hum Hain Na –
Outdoor Activities !!!!!
‘ Need to be seen … everywhere !!’ ACTIVITIES::
• Events at corporate campus. • • Promotional material at channel partner outlets. • • Billboards. • • Kiosks in residential and commercial complexes. • Hum Hain Na •
• In - film promotions
• Co - Branding Initiatives .
– Alliance with Amway India for launch of the international credit card. The card will enable Amway distributors to purchase Amway products and earn and redeem reward points.
– Indian Railways Catering And Tourism Development Corporation, in conjunction with ICICI Bank, announced the launch of mobile payments and ticketing system, offering IRCTC customers toHum Hain Na book railway tickets via SMS and
§ Cross brand associations - acquiring databases of high net worth clientele of lifestyle products : Tie-up with ‘Woven Hues’.
• • • • • • •
§Young Stars Account – Promotion through tie-up with Cartoon Network, and Network in-series promotion through Tom & Jerry.
Hum Hain Na
• Orientation towards customer service. • • • Personal Banking and other functions at the branch level. • • • Effort towards providing sophisticated and modern image of the bank through its people.
• Use of technology for both internal and external processed. • • Process are system driven and independent of the people handling it. • • Standardization of service across the branches. • • Extensive investment in software solutions for process systemization.
PHYSICAL EVIDENCE …!!!
• Ambience in the branch which projects modernization and sophistication . • • • Consistency across branches in construction ambience etc .
The PR Mantra has now become pervasive . Neither a individual nor the organization & not even the government Or a UN body can thrive or sustain in this age without effectively strategizing PR .