This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Team 3: Manasa(006) Shwetha(018) Krishna(005) Jagdeesh(022 ) Haripriya(00 2)
• • • • • • • • • • • Introduction Objective What is information technology? What is supply chain management Key element of supply chain Types of supply chain management Mistakes when determining information requirement Supply chain software Application Case study on pantaloon, dell, ITC Conclusion
• Information Technology:
Information technology is the way or procedure that can help and aids you in the collection, analysis, designing, development and implementation of any sort of information about any type of technology.
• Supply chain management:
Management of a network of interconnected businesses involved in the ultimate provision of product and service packages required by end customers.
• • To study the how information technology is benefiting organization supply chain management •
What is supply chain ?
Key elements of supply chain
• • • • • • Production Supply Inventory Location Transportation and information
Typ e s o f su p p l ch a i y n m anagem ent
• Product flow • • Information flow • • Finance flow •
Mistakes when determining information systems
• Four fundamental mistakes made when determining information requirements are as follows: • Viewing system as functional instead of cross-functional. • Interviewing managers individually instead of jointly. • Not allowing for trial and error in detail design process. • Asking the wrong question during the interview
• Base Rate, Carrier select & match pay (version 2.0) • Supply Chain planning • Transportation Network optimization • Logitility planning solution
• Elect ronic com m erce • Elect ronic dat a int erchange • Bar coding and scanner • Dat a warehouse • Ent erprise resource planning(ERP) t ools
Information Technology have presented organizations with unprecedented opportunities with supply chain to gain competitive advantage