1) A Class A address has _________ host bits. A. 8 B. 16 C. 20 D. 24 2) 18.104.22.168 is a Class __________ address. A. A B. B C. C D. None 3) Which of the following is a valid subnet mask value? A. 255.0.255.255 B. 0.0.0.255 C. 255.255.254.0 D. 255.255.255.256 4) The function of a _________ is to differentiate between the network address, the host addresses, and the directed broadcast address. 5) You are given a Class C network with 25 bits of networking. How many subnets do you have? A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4 6) You are given a Class C network with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.248. How many host addresses are there on each subnet? A. 4 B. 6 C. 8 D. 14 7) You are given a Class B network with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.192. How many host addresses are there on each subnet? A. 30 B. 62 C. 126 D. 254 8) You are given the following addressing information: 192.168.37.192/25. What type of address is this? A. Network B. Directed Broadcast C. Host 9) You are given the following addressing information: 172.17.16.255/23. What type of address is this? A. Network B. Directed Broadcast C. Host 10) You are given the following addressing information: 10.0.8.0/22. What type of address is this? A. Network B. Directed Broadcast C. Host 11) You are given a MAC address of 01A2.0482.FE12. What is the OUI value in binary? A. 00011011.10100010.00000100 B. 00000000.00000001.00000100 C. 00000001.10100010.00000100 D. 00000001.10100001.00000010
12) Which of the following is a private address? A. 22.214.171.124 B. 126.96.36.199 C. 10.1.256.8 D. 172.16.255.89 13) Which of the following reasons might you need to use address translation? A. You have to use public addressing because your ISP didn t assign you enough private addresses. B. You are using private addresses but have changed ISPs, and your new ISP won t support these private addresses. C. You want to assign the same IP address to multiple machines so that users on the Internet see this offered service as a single logical computer. D. You are merging two companies that use different address spaces. 14) ___________ only translates one (and only one) IP address to another. A. NAT B. PAT C. PAR D. NAT and PAT 15) You are given a Class C network, 188.8.131.52/24. You need one network with 120 hosts and two networks with 60 hosts. How many subnet masks do you need? A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4 16) You are given a class C network, 184.108.40.206/24. You need one network with 120 hosts and three networks with 60 hosts. What subnet mask values would you use? A. 255.255.255.128 and 255.255.255.192 B. 255.255.255.128 C. 255.255.255.192 D. None of these 17) Which of the following are classless protocols? A. IGRP B. EIGRP C. IGRP and EIGRP D. Neither IGRP & EIGRP 18) When setting up an RJ-45 console connection, you need a RJ-45 to DB-9 __________ adapter to attach to the COM port of your PC. A. Auxiliary B. Console C. Connection D. Terminal 19) With a rollover cable, pin 7 on one end is mapped to pin ___________ on the other end. 20) When configuring your terminal emulation software for a console connection, set the flow control to __________. A. Hardware B. Software C. None
21) When connecting a router to a PC, use a __________ cable. A. Crossover B. Straight-through C. Rollover 22) When connecting a switch to a router, use a ___________ cable. A. Crossover B. Straight-through C. Rollover 23) With a crossover cable, which pins are crossed over? A. 1 and 2, 3 and 6 B. 1 and 3, 2 and 6 C. 1 and 4, 2 and 6 D. 1 and 3, 4 and 6 24) Which of the following is stored in ROM? (Choose all correct answers.) A. POST B. ROMMON C. Configuration file D. System recovery file 25) Which types of memory do not maintain their contents during a power-off state? A. NVRAM B. ROM C. RAM D. Flash 26) Which router command performs an overwrite process? (Choose all correct answers.) A. copy running-config startup-config B. copy startup-config running-config C. copy tftp running-config D. copy running-config tftp 27) Enter the router command to delete your configuration file in NVRAM: __________. 28) IOS images can be loaded from all the following except: A. ROM B. Flash C. NVRAM D. TFTP 29) Which router command would you use to test only layer-3 connectivity? A. telnet B. show cdp traffic C. show interfaces D. traceroute 30) Extended traceroute works from which mode? A. User EXEC B. Privilege EXEC C. Configuration D. User and Privilege EXEC
31) Which command takes you from Privilege EXEC mode to User EXEC mode? A. enable B. disable C. exit D. logout 32) Which prompt indicates that you are at User EXEC mode? A. > B. # C. % D. @ 33) The _________ command takes you from User EXEC mode to Privilege EXEC mode. 34) If you wanted a list of parameters for the show command, you would type ________. 35) To recall a previous command, which of the following would you use? A. CTRL-P B. ctrl-n C. ctrl-r D. down arrow 36) Which control sequence moves the cursor to the end of the line? A. CTRL-A B. ctrl-p C. ctrl-e D. ctrl-z 37) What would you enter to see the last few commands you entered? A. show version B. show commands C. show previous D. show history 38) Which would you use to move your cursor back one word? A. ESC-B B. esc-p C. ctrl-b D. ctrl-p 39) You are at User EXEC mode and type the letter e. What message appears? A. % Incomplete command. B. % Ambiguous command: C. % Unknown command or computer name D. % Invalid input detected at ^ . 40) The router automatically saves its configuration. A. True B. False
41) You examine your interfaces, and the Ethernet 0 interface status says: Ethernet 0 is up, line protocol is down. What does this indicate? A. There is a physical layer problem. B. There is a data link layer problem. C. There is a network layer problem. D. There is no problem. 42) You execute the line console 0 command from Configuration mode. What will the router s prompt be? A. Router(config)# B. Router(config-line)# C. Router(config-interface)# D. Router#(config-if) 43) You are in Interface Subconfiguration mode and want to completely return to Privilege EXEC mode. What would you enter? (Choose all correct answers.) A. CTRL-Z B. end C. exit D. logout 44) What router command saves the active configuration to NVRAM? A. copy nvram startup-config B. copy startup-config running-config C. copy running-config nvram D. copy running-config startup-config 45) Which of the following commands can be issued from the command line on a router to directly check the connectivity between one router and another on a TCP/IP network? (Select all that apply.) A. ping B. enable C. trace D. show ip arp 46) Which of the following Cisco IOS 12.x commands will display the IP address information of all of the interfaces on a Cisco router? (Select one.)
A. show ip interface brief B. display all ip C. list ip interface all D. show hosts 47) You are in the process of assigning hostnames to routers on your network. You have decided that each router on your network requires a different name so that it is obvious to whomever is remotely configuring the router which router they are working on. Which of the following commands will set a router's hostname to ROOSKA? A. set name ROOSKA B. configure name ROOKSA C. set mode banner ROOSKA D. configure banner ROOSKA E. hostname ROOSKA 48) Which of the following IOS commands will set the message for all terminal connections to the router to "Welcome to Router Rooslan"? A. set banner #Welcome to Router Rooslan# B. banner motd #Welcome to Router Rooslan# C. set motd #Welcome to Router Rooslan# D. configure motd #Welcome to Router Rooslan# E. configure banner #Welcome to Router Rooslan# 49) Rooslan is configuring a new network and wishes to assign the final IP host address at the end of the IP address range 10.10.224.0 /20 to interface e0 on a Cisco 2500 series router. This should be an addressable host address and only one number below the network broadcast address. Which of the following commands can Rooslan use to do this assuming that he is at the interface configuration prompt for e0? A. Router(config-if)#ip address 10.10.224.1 255.255.255.0 B. Router(config-if)#ip address 10.10.224.1 255.255.248.0 C. Router(config-if)#ip address 10.10.239.254 255.255.248.0 D. Router(config-if)#ip address 10.10.239.254 255.255.240.0
E. Router(config-if)#ip address 10.10.255.254 255.255.240.0 50) Rooslan is configuring a new network and wishes to assign the final IP host address at the end of the IP address range 10.10.224.0 /20 to interface e0 on a Cisco 2500 series router. This should be an addressable host address and only one number below the network broadcast address. Which of the following commands can Rooslan use to do this assuming that he is at the interface configuration prompt for e0? A. Router(config-if)#ip address 10.10.224.1 255.255.255.0 B. Router(config-if)#ip address 10.10.224.1 255.255.248.0 C. Router(config-if)#ip address 10.10.239.254 255.255.248.0 D. Router(config-if)#ip address 10.10.239.254 255.255.240.0 E. Router(config-if)#ip address 10.10.255.254 255.255.240.0
This document was created with Win2PDF available at http://www.win2pdf.com. The unregistered version of Win2PDF is for evaluation or non-commercial use only.