TABLE OF CONTENTS

Forward
Dedication
Honorary life Members
Curator’s Report 7
1973 Operation Library 9
The Waterwheel 10
Christ Church, Sweetsburg, 1974 12
Talk by Mrs. C, Richard and Excerpts from
James Pimmerman’s Diary 15
“Museum Piece” 22
Extrait d’un Historique de la Societe d’Agriculture 23
Eastern Townships Eulogies 32
Stanbridge Temperance Society 33
Cowansville Landmark 36
Along the Old Lanes 38
S. J. Hungerford 54
George Stephan Family Letters 56
Stanbridge East Locals, 1902 59
William Saxe, the Loyalist Survivor 60
Missisquoi 61
The Bishop’s Bell 62
Public Meeting 68
Bedford Light Company 69
Bee-keeping in Quebec 70
Letters of the Rev. C. Cotton 71
Bedford Stove Company 75
Origin of Certain Missisquoi County Districts 76
The Missisquoi County Historical Society 77
Copy of Deed for Chapel site at Sagerfield
(Pigeon Hill) 78
Pigeon Hill 80
“Too long” 80
Philipsburg-Gateway to the Eastern Townships 81
Bedford Business Men 85
The Block House 86
Unveiling of the Monument 89
Poem 90
The Ploss Cemetery 81

North Pinnacle 92
Miscellaneous Information 97
How the first MacCallums came to Caldwell Manor (Noyan) 103
Spring Flood. 1904 105
Honorable Frank Cochrane 106
Social Ball 108
Gleanings from the Philip Ruiter Papers, Philipsburg 109
Hancock Hill 111
Can You Remember 113
Bedford Academy School Supplies 114
Talk Given by Mr. C. O. Jones, Sr., in 1905 116
Early History, Farnham 119
Clarenceville Academy 129
Terrain de l’Exposition 130
1974 Missisquoi County Historical Society Executive 132
Acknowledgements 133
Price List 133