You are on page 1of 2

University Hospital Lewisham

Lewisham High Street

SE13 6LH
Tel: 020 8333 3000

Emma Coakley

19th April 2010

Dear Ms Coakley,

Re: FOI 456

I am writing in response to your request for information under the Freedom of

Information Act, received on the 22/3/2010. You asked for the following

Do you share anonymised data about the location of any incidents of

violence (rather than just gun/knife wounds) with the police/CDRP on a
regular (e.g. monthly) basis, which the police then use for the purposes
of crime mapping? This is more generally known as the 'Cardiff Model'
of data sharing.

At the Lewisham Hospital NHS Trust we do not follow the Cardiff Model of
data sharing as this information cannot be collected from the data system
currently available.

We do supply data, regarding knife crime, to the Metropolitan Police on an ad-

hoc basis.

Each year, the Trust sends information of assault related crime that has
resulted in an A&E attendance to the Violence and Society Research Group
of Cardiff University. This forms part of an annual national study of
attendances to A&E for assault related injury.

The Trust is also represented in a group that works with the Lewisham Drug
and Alcohol Action Team, which includes the sharing of assault/domestic
assault information. This group has local police representation.

I hope that answers your questions. Please do not hesitate to contact me if

you would like clarification of anything in this letter. Please remember to quote
the reference number above in any future communications.
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your
request and wish to make a complaint or request an internal review of our
decision, you should write to me at the above address. Internal review
requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the
response to your original letter.

If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint, you may apply
directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the
Information Commissioner cannot make a decision unless you have
exhausted the complaints procedure provided by Information Governance.
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9

Yours sincerely

Joy Ellery
Director of Knowledge, Governance and Communications