Title: Spelling: Mid-Week Bee Tobias Shamtul Subject: Working with Words Wednesday, February 20, 2008 Objectives
1. to continue practicing the spelling words for Unit 21 Materials • Spelling Workbook Method/Procedure 1. Complete the next two pages in the Spelling workbook as a class. Keep-In-Mind • Motivate the students • Give clear
2. Explain to the students that to better
back to their seat, their team loses a player, and the other team gets a chance to spell the same word. b. Inappropriate behavior such as calling out, being rude, pushing each other, etc. will cost your team 2 players instead of just one, regardless of whether or not you are on line or at your desk. c. While at your desk, you are to be sitting quietly with your hands folded, paying attention to your fellow classmates. d. Whichever team is the last one standing, is the winner!
help them prepare for Friday’s spelling test, especially since we have a shorter week this week, we will be having a small competition– a spelling bee.
a. Have one team line up by the closet doors and the other team line up along the back wall, leaving space in the back corner.
3. Divide the class into two teams.
4. Explain that one person from each
alternating team (whoever is at the front of their line) will be asked to spell one of this weeks spelling words.
5. Proceed with execution of the spelling
6. Have students sit back at their seats and
prepare themselves for the next lesson.
a. If they spell it correctly, they can go to
the back of their line. Otherwise, they go
Evaluation 1. Objective 1 was eval’ed in #5.