This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
SPIRIT OF GUJARAT
– Site encouraging citizens to upload pictures depicting “Spirit of Gujarat” with cross postings on various photo-sharing websites. Government can post images of every function of Swarnim Gujarat Celebration. To increase public participation contests can be planned.
NEXT GENERATION GOVERNANCE
Simulation of “Future of Gujarat” with inclusion of Future Projects like GIFT, Dholera SIR, River Front. This will allow people to experience the Gujarat of Future while they participate by providing feedback and inputs .
SWARNIM GUJARAT, A Channel on YouTube - All
video related to Gujarat including Documentaries, Speeches of CM, Citizen Testimonials etc.
Service which will use Google Map and Wikimapia to present public information e.g. Locations of all Government offices, Civil Hospitals, Police Stations across Gujarat, will be tagged on Google Maps and Wikimapia. Geo Tagging can be used to locate nearest Polio booth, health checkup camps, Lok Adalats etc.
GUJDEV YUVA – An
Widgets for use on Websites, Desktops, Mobile, Digital Outdoor Display, TV Networks, IP TV to provide live feeds from various government websites, CM's tweets, Real-time feedback from citizens, Public Polls etc.
GTWITS – Twitter as a tool to spread Government’s, CM's and other key people’s thoughts across masses and also for feedbacks from masses, It can be used to gather information about public perception regarding various issues.
initiative to involve youth and students to participate in various activates of Government and society building through Youth Centric Social Networks.
– A social mesh network acting as meeting place for people with different expertise, with common goal to participate in growth and development of Gujarat, can share their views, experiences and best practices hence collaborative benefits to the society.
– A Blog covering celebration across Gujarat & outside Gujarat (National & International) , including messages, multimedia content and viewpoints from people across the globe.
– Collection of feeds from all important websites or services which need real time dynamic information. E.g. Whether Information, Results for Polls, News, Traffic Information.
– A forum which talks about government policies, public information, schemes etc. and encourages citizen to comment, appreciate, critisize or advice on issues of public interest.
– A Blog covering efforts from government, citizens and entrepreneurs for more prosperous Gujarat.
GOVERNMENT IN DIGITAL ERA
Government (at it’s basic level) is a mechanism for collaborative action for social good.
Conceptual Economy: from industrial to conceptual capitalism
Platform for brains outside of government (Open Government, Govt. 2.0)
Agenda for Action
Empower the creative and innovative
Powered By Talents: creativity is the ultimate resource
Coordination, not command and control
Provide/preserve technical infrastructure that encourages creativity
Communication Revolution: allows so many more to be creative
Trust / rely on people with access to so much knowledge and information
Develop new intellectual property rights for the conceptual economy
GOVERNANCE NEED SHIFT
Government which promotes use of collaborative web 2.0 technology to solve collective problems across all government. city, province, country, international. Government stripped down to it’s core, rediscovered, re-imagined. Government which has moved from the “Need To Know” mindset to the “Need To Share” mindset. Government acting as a Platform for Engagement and Collaboration.
NEXT GENERATION GOVERNMENT
CONNECT GOVERNMENT TO IMPROVE GOVERNMENT
Social Inclusion Citizen Centricity
Speed Up Government Processes Citizen – Government Gap Narrows
New Organisational Model
Standardised Common Infrastructure
Revenue Collection / Spending Efficiencies Gained
Collaborative Public Policy Process
Quality Of Life Improved Via Innovation
Increased Accountability For Government
Pillars of Connected Government
Impact of Connected Government
GOVERNMENT / CITIZEN MESSAGE FLOW
GOVERNMENT ACCESSIBILITY = MORE RESPECT
People like doing business with people they know … … and love doing business with people they trust. • is personal. • requires risk-taking • is about relationships, not transactions. • is based on being willing to put the other’s needs first.
For Government, being a better messenger means moving from the Less Known to the Most Respected.
INFORMED EMPOWERED CONNECTED CREATIVE
• Seek where the Truth Lies • Know Value of Voicing their Opinion • Quick, Easy, Cheap ways to be “Always On” • Huge Reservoir of Untapped Creativity
“This is not a question of scale. It is a different way of existing”
“The Key is Laying the foundation for an inclusive and sustainable ecosystem.”
• Read Only
• All Read & Few Write
• All Read & All Write
MULTI DEVICE & MULTI PLATFORM
TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION
REAL-TIME & INSTANTANEOUS
ACCOUNTABILITY & MEASUREMENT (ROI) MARKETING & INTERACTIVITY
EMPOWERMENT & VIRILITY
“We must accept the fact that there is no mass in mass media anymore, and leverage more targeted approaches“
EVOLVING CONTENT MODEL
EVOLVING MASS COMMUNICATION
"Advertising was designed to simulate word of mouth when word of mouth was very inefficient. It isn’t any longer.”
Trust in ads has fallen while its structural capacity (reach) of generating influence has also declined substantially.
• Overly focused on creating more usefulness and relevance with the advertisement messages. • Marketers have done almost nothing with the new possibilities • Participants are getting more and more annoyed by interruption and better and better at avoiding it. • Technology is presenting a new range of opportunities. • Audience usage patterns are evolving. • Focus on the understanding of culture as the driver for innovation is becoming more and more prominent.
• Rapidly advancing Communication & Media technologies are making available new information flow and public relations opportunities never seen before.
Social Media will be one consistent, prominent force in the Government’s arsenal, as it lets large bureaucracies engage customers/citizens authentically.
Classmates Banner Ads
Online Banking MP3 E-Commerce Brand Websites Adwords
6 Billion Online Broadband
Friendster LinkedIn MySpace Flickr Dogster Blogs Facebook
Bebo Ning Digg
Openness will strengthen democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government.
Open access to Government data, means no limit to what contribution people can do. It engages the imagination of citizens in building the society.
Government can leverage new Social Media tools to create a more open, efficient, effective and transparent government
The prospect of Government using Social Media sites like Twitter will raised a myriad of legal, contractual, and policy questions.
GOVERNMENT 2.0 – CITIZEN CENTRIC
Email Interactive (Banner ads) Newspapers
Outdoor Flyers Point-ofPurchase Door-to-Door
Bookmarking & Tagging Content Aggregation Crowd Sourcing & Voting
Discussion Boards And Forums
Ratings & Reviews Presentation Sharing
Events & Meets
SOCIAL MEDIA – A REVOLUTION
What started with Has turned into:
A Evolution of How We Communicate
SOCIAL MEDIA – SUCCESS STORY
Obama – Reinventing Politics, Democracy and Governance
Objective: Obama campaign sought to Attract and Differentiate Fundraise Supporters. • Knickerbocker SDK designed email to supporters to embed custom Wiffiti widget in their blogs. • Displayed widget on Times Square NYC screen. • Emailed to 10,000 supporters. • Users messages displayed on all screens – Times Sq, blogs, websites etc • Created media buzz at launch (celebrities at Times Sq). • Raised $400,000 donations in 1 week.
SOCIAL MEDIA - DEMYSTIFIED
Social Media is becoming many people’s primary source of News, Opinion, Information, Communication and even Entertainment
• Social media is primarily Internet and Mobilebased tools for sharing and discussing information. • Social media makes Conversations possible among multiple people around the world using Web-based Technologies. • Social media allow people to publicly create, share, and discuss information. • Social media often refers to activities that integrate technology, social interaction, and the construction of words, pictures, videos and audio. • Social media is a shift in how people discover, read, and share information , it is a fusion of sociology and technology, transforming monologue (one to many) into dialog (many to many).
SOCIAL MEDIA – THE DEMOCRATIC WEB
The reason the social media sits well with people is that it is run democratically, a concept that all people are used to.
SOCIAL MEDIA – GOVERNANCE PERSPECTIVE
• Government at Center
• Unidirectional (Deliver Message) • One to Many (G2C or C2G) • Push / No Conversation • Informative
• Defines the Space (Limited Flexibility) • Controls Transaction (Closed and Narrow) • Creates Content (Passive) • Drives Interaction (Conventional Intelligence)
• Citizen at Center • Defines the Space (Unbounded Flexibility)
• Interactive (Create Conversation) • Many to Many (G2C, C2C, C2G) • Pull + Push / Conversation • Influencing (Involving)
• Controls Transaction (Open Omni Directional) • Creates Content (Collaborative Co-Creation) • Drives Interaction (Crowd Intelligence)
SOCIAL MEDIA – AN OPPORTUNITY
Makes your influence ripples Stronger and Bigger! Authentic connections with citizens, on a Regular & Real-time basis Be the Expert!, Provide Counseling, Build Consensus, Help in Developing Opinion. Listen to Your Audience!, Citizens New Collaborations, with all stake holders of Governance Manifest abstract thoughts into written word. Get the wheels of actions turning.
And you can do all this at low or no cost. Its FREE!
SOCIAL MEDIA – MULTI ROLE & MULTI TASK
Access Citizen Services
Community Development Welfare Programs Influencing (Counseling) Visibility
Social Cause Promotion
SOCIAL MEDIA - WHY CARE ABOUT IT?
It’s about knowing
• Where the conversations are happening • What your share of the conversations is • What the conversations are that you could / should be in • Who the key influencers are who can help build your brand
It’s about expanding your news flow
• Simple syndication – distribute news via basic sharing tools (eg, Twitter and Facebook)
It’s about understanding communities
• Which groups, forums and networks matter? • Who drives share of conversation in these communities? • What are the next steps in driving relationships?
It’s about leveraging existing content and improving your natural search
Generation Y and Z don’t communicate anymore through email but through their Social Networks, people with higher education levels are using more & more social media in their (online) communication
SOCIAL MEDIA – AWARENESS
Businesses are already serious about Social Media
COMPANIES THAT HAVE IMPLEMENTED SOCIAL MONITORING PLATFORMS
COMPANIES THAT HAVE NO IDEA OR HAVE NOT IMPLEMENTED SOCIAL MONITORING PLATFORMS
SOCIAL MEDIA – THE ECOSYSTEM
Management of different information via different online platform reaching out to different target audience through building different social networks and maintaining different multi-lateral communication.
•Sharing, Publishing, Discussion
•Text, Pictures, Video, Presentation, Sound, Gossip, Rating, Polls Results, Etc
•Live Feed, Micro Blog, Social Games, Virtual World
•Vertical, Horizontal, Interest, Industry
•Users becomes content provider, Broadcaster needs to offer instant feedback
Social Media not only Change the Rules of Communication but also the Art of War
SOCIAL MEDIA - TYPES
SOCIAL MEDIA – IT’S CONVERSATION
10% of all time spent on the Internet is on social media sites.
Power of Publishers and Broadcasters are moving towards Their Traditional Audience
SOCIAL MEDIA - LANDSCAPE
SOCIAL MEDIA – MAJOR ENGINES
350 300 250 200 150 100 50 0 Users (Million)
Facebook Qzone (QQ) MySpace
Friendster hi5 Twitter Tagged
SOCIAL MEDIA – LEADERS
Leading Social Networks by Country
FACEBOOK - IF IT WAS A COUNTRY
It took radio 38 years to reach 50 million listeners. Terrestrial TV took 13 years & the Internet took four years. In less than nine months, Facebook added 100 million users.
It will be the 8th largest Country In the World
YOUTUBE -THE 2ND LARGEST SEARCH ENGINE
More than 13 Hrs of Video Uploaded Per Minute 450 Years to Watch All Videos (2009 – 2459)
YouTube is likely to serve over 75 billion video streams to around 375 million unique visitors during this year.
WIKIPEDIA - 3,200,000 ARTICLES
Wikipedia the most popular encyclopedia has more than 12 million users.
Wikipedia has been edited 40,000,000 times.
FLICKR - HAVE PHOTOS OF 400 ML PEOPLE
60% of people on earth has a photo in Flickr
TWITTER - 1400% GROWTH (JAN – FEB)
10.7% of all active Internet users are touched by Twitter. Traffic to search.twitter.com up 541% Jan-April 2009. Since April 2009, Twitter has been receiving around 20 million unique visitors to the site each month, and recently surpassed 1 billion messages via the service.
80 % of Twitter Usage is on Mobile Devices
LINKEDIN – 6.5 MILLION BUSINESS USERS
80% of companies use or plan to use LinkedIn as their primary tool to find employees this year.
SOCIAL MEDIA – HIT AMONGST INTERNET USERS
SOCIAL MEDIA – EXCEPTIONAL VALUE
Benefits To Government:
• Promotion. Highlights more of what you do and what you can offer. • Automation. Messages can be automated; No additional management resource. • Measurement. Measure the success and value of the messages you send. • Delivery. Ensured delivery channel for official government information. • Collaboration. Cross-promote with other agencies to offer more options. • Public re-engagement. Each message brings people back to your website.
Benefits To The Public:
• Choice. More topics and collaboration with other agencies mean more choice for subscribers. • Personalisation. Individuals choose the information they want to receive. • Relevancy. Individuals choose what they want and what impacts their lives and daily schedules. • Satisfaction. Perceived “satisfaction” of a “personal” service.
SOCIAL MEDIA – STEPS TO SOCIALIZE
• Monitor online mentions and hence reputation
• Domain, market, segment - Governments • Audience – The Citizen • Pulse - Determine sentiment, motive, associated topics, share of voice • Time-respectful content, highly tagged and easily consumed • Thought Leadership - Vision Documents, Strategic Plans, Comparative Studies • Success Stories - Proof Points, Decision, Perspective, Case Studies • Public Information -How-Tos, Guides, Statistical, Information, Policies, Notices
•Hear & Respond •Create Engagement –Feedback, Complaints, Advice, Polls, Information Updates, Comments •Create Tribe – Subject Experts, Volunteers for Cause, Common Interest Groups •Drive Collaboration – Amongst Office Bearers, Citizens, Policy Makers •Find - What influence has engagement created? •Enable - Liking, Following, Fanning, and Forwarding •Identify - those with the greatest influence or dislike
•What actions have been inspired by influence? •What policy or decision advocacy has been generated? •How do those actions amplify value?
SOCIAL MEDIA - STRATEGY
CITIZENS TO AUDIENCE TO COMMUNITY
When content is social, it can be shared, trusted and build influence
SOCIAL MEDIA - ADOPTION CURVE
Collaboration Relationships Participation Broadcast Observation Education 1-way → 2-way Take Value → Add Value
Social Media Experience
SOCIAL MEDIA – CHALLENGES FOR GOVERNMENT
• Access • Security Risks • Bandwidth • Legacy systems • Data Silos • Interoperability • Compliance
• Terms of service • Indemnification • Multiple Jurisdiction (Local, State, Federal) • Advertising & Endorsement • Procurement: free tools, gratuitous • Regulations • Privacy • Persistent cookies • Surveys • Control
• Awareness • Expertise • Explorative • Information Sharing • Size • Agency silos • Top-down • Complex, hierarchical organizational structures • Red Tape • Old Guard • Bureaucracy
SOCIAL MEDIA – BEST PRACTICES
Mission drives everything: clarity is crucial
Let policy guide, but not paralyze you Know the environment
Consider a pilot as a proof-of-concept
Secure support of senior leaders Create internal cross-functional alignment Roll out, don’t launch
Keep listening & let what you hear inform your participation
SOCIAL MEDIA – 360 DEGREE APPROACH
Journal or diary with social collaboration (comments), generally targeted towards specific subject or subjects
Collaborative authoring & editing. Act as a global brain in action, with everyone contributing their knowledge and expertise while evaluating or verifying contributions from others.
Information to citizen delivered efficiently. Provides human face to Government, using informal tone while opening public conversations and surfacing of issues & inputs to solve them.
Workgroup or public collaboration for project management, knowledge sharing, public feedback and domain expertise.
Video (Recorded or Live Streams) libraries accessible through common service, allows everyone to become audience as well as the broadcaster Photo libraries which can be arranged and presented in various ways including slides, live streams or even timelines. Any to Any medium which encourage sharing of moments by all. Any to Any medium which encourage sharing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, notes by all.
Multimedia, primarily audio, content syndicated out for use on iPods, Mobiles, Computers. Advantage of podcasting is that the user can do other task while listening to podcast. (While driving, studying)
A cost effective tool for public outreach, education, training, other communication to audiences in real-time. How To videos to improve service and achieve mission. Efficient way of propagating pictures of events, places, leaders and causes. Effective in keeping records with timelines. Useful as pictures are better than 1000s of words. Efficient way of propagating official documents like tariffs, forms, notifications. Effective in keeping records with timelines. Effective way to get message out and build trust with conversational voice. Useful for updates, deliberations, messages. A great tool for sound bites and audio quotes from leaders.
Simulation of Future Projects like Townships, Buildings, Public Centers, and Airports even at planning stage, allowing people to experience the amenities before hand at the same time provide vital feedback for project improvement. Also can be used to simulate disasters pre hand providing viable lessons to students and citizens.
VIRTUAL WORLDS nd
Simulations of environments, people, events and surroundings which bring people together worldwide. A replication of activities of real life in virtual environment.
SOCIAL MEDIA – 360 DEGREE APPROACH
SYNDICATED WEB FEEDS
Automated notifications of frequently updated content (think RSS). It allows people to access all required information at one place without visiting a number of websites. As updates are pushed rather than pulled, makes audience access information in real-time.
Do more with RSS, XML/Web feeds. Expand reach. Pull content together across various sites and information sources. Authoritative source which can also reduce duplication. Government can provide feeds for all important websites or services which need real time, dynamic information. E.g. Weather Information, Results for Polls, News, Traffic Information. Lots of potential to improve government reach, service, usefulness, and functionality. Integrate external data including weather, traffic etc. Can be used for public information e.g. Locations of all Government offices, Hospitals, Police Stations. Geo tagging can be used to locate nearest place of interest. Also a cost effective tool for tracking its Key personal, vehicles or assets. This can be very effective in Disaster Management.
Combine content from multiple sources for an integrated experience at the same time adding context (location, time etc) and presentation enriched by GIS. Small applications & code delivering information in real-time on web pages or desktop making service more effective, rich, easier to use. Brings content to the user’s home page, frequented internet locations and even mobile phones.
Increase awareness, use, and usefulness of sites, information, and service. Desktop widgets can provide live information from various government sources.
SOCIAL BOOKMARK & NEWS
Ways of sharing content and news with others as it happens. Users are themselves creator and consumer of news or discussion.
Increase the popularity and use of pages, information, and services. Effective tool for viral marketing, hence driving popularity. Government can use such services to drive traffic to their other services. Such services can also be use to judge the interest of public for certain issues.
Seek input, broadcast messages, announcements. Real time reporting of key events or activities of key people. Can be used as a tool to spread thoughts of leaders and view of Government across masses and also for feedbacks from masses, It can be used to gather information about public perception regarding various issues. It can be a great channel where a common man can directly interact with top officials and leaders.
Form of blogging which allows brief (Instant Message size) text updates. Short updates make it easier for people to share activities, thoughts and intentions.
SOCIAL MEDIA – PUBLIC SECTOR TREND SETTERS
IS GOVERNMENT READY TO HAVE A CONVERSATION?
EVOLVE TO NEXT LEVEL
INTEGRATED MEDIA – CONNECTING THE DOTS
TOPICAL COMMUNITIES: IP, HELPFUL TIPS
HELPFUL RESOURCES S T O R Y T E L L I N G
BRANDED SITE EXTERNAL MKTG-MANAGED PRESENCE EXTERNAL THIRD-PARTY SITE TRADITIONAL MEDIA/PR
EVENTS TV ONLINE PRINT OUTDOOR PR
DEPARTMENT BLOG (IP) YOUTUBE CHANNEL: STORYTELLING, IP
FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
EXTERNAL BLOGS: IP, TIPS
THE ROAD AHEAD
“We are in the Business of connecting with our customers"
Researchers We Are A Group Of
“We use co-creativity to enable Government to interact directly with citizens, on and offline, in real time delivering a range of insight, innovation and strong media recall.”
A RELATIONSHIP WHICH DELIVERS
WE CAN ASSIST YOU
New Media Strategy, Accessibility & Usability
Building Community and Sharing Best Practices
Market Research & Knowledge Management Manage New Media Providers & Vendor Community
Ideation Platforms, Crowd Sourcing & Innovation Process
Design Analytical Studies, Contests & Challenges Success Metrics & Engagement Strategy Legal and Policy Advisory
We strive to be an accelerator for government-wide new media and citizen engagement technologies, tools, practices, and policies.
WHY US - DELIVERING INCLUSIVE SOLUTION
Expertise in Extensive Building Media Viable Strategy Human Development Interaction Experience Models Un-Rivaled Extensive Connections Experience within New with and Partnership Traditional Building Media
We help governments to tap into citizens’ best ideas and priorities
THE WINNING PROPOSITION
Reach New Audience Leverage Our Knowledge Gain More Visibility and Mind Space Create Rewarding Partnerships Gain New Insights and Expertise
Add Value To Existing Competence
Target More Citizens
Use Less Resources
WITH YOU ALWAYS
REFINE SUPPORT IDENTIFY COLLECT
WE ADDED VALUE TO ……
Extend Your Reach
+ 91 9898269489 deepak.pareek email@example.com
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?