This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
1. If a router cannot find a valid configuration file during the startup sequence, what will occur? The startup sequence will reset. *The router will prompt the user for a response to enter setup mode. The startup sequence will halt until a valid configuration file is acquired. The router will generate a default configuration file based on the last valid configuration. The router will monitor local traffic to determine routing protocol configuration requirements. 2.
Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has configured the router with the interface IP addresses shown for the directly connected networks. Pings from the router to hosts on the connected networks or pings between router interfaces are not working. What is the most likely problem? The destination networks do not exist. The IP addresses on the router interfaces must be configured as network addresses and not host addresses. * The interfaces must be enabled with the no shutdown command. Each interface must be configured with the clock rate command. 3.
Refer to the exhibit. What can be concluded from the routing table output in the exhibit? (Choose two.) This router only has two interfaces. The router interfaces are not operational yet. This router is configured to forward packets to remote networks. * The FastEthernet0/0 and Serial0/0/0 interfaces of this router were configured with an IP address and the no shutdown command. * An IP packet received by this router with a destination address of 198.18.9.1 will be forwarded out of the Serial0/0/0 interface. 4.
Refer to the exhibit. The frame shown in the exhibit was received by the router. The router interfaces are operational. How will the router process this frame? (Choose two.) The router will change the source and destination IP address in the packet before forwarding the frame. * The router will change the frame type to one supported by the WAN link before forwarding the frame. The router will use the destination MAC address to determine which interface to forward the packet. The router will look up the MAC address of the S0/0/0 interface in the ARP table and add it to the frame before forwarding. * The frame was received on the Fa0/0 interface of the router and will be switched to the S0/0/0 interface. The frame was received on the S0/0/0 interface of the router and will be switched to the Fa0/0 interface.
5. Passwords can be used to restrict access to all or parts of the Cisco IOS. Select the modes and interfaces that can be protected with passwords. (Choose three.) * VTY interface * console interface Ethernet interface secret EXEC mode * privileged EXEC mode router configuration mode 6. Which two statements correctly describe the components of a router? (Choose two.) RAM permanently stores the configuration file used during the boot sequence. * ROM contains diagnostics executed on hardware modules. NVRAM stores a backup copy of the IOS used during the boot sequence. * Flash memory does not lose its contents during a reboot. ROM contains the most current and most complete version of the IOS. Flash contains boot system commands to identify the location of the IOS 7.
Refer to the exhibit. After host 2 is connected to the switch on the LAN, host 2 is unable to communicate with host 1. What is the cause of this problem? The subnet mask of host 2 is incorrect. * Host 1 and host 2 are on different networks. The switch needs an IP address that is not configured. The router LAN interface and host 1 are on different networks. The IP address of host 1 is on a different network than is the LAN interface of the router. 8. Which are functions of a router? (Choose three.) packet switching * extension of network segments
* segmentation of broadcast domains * selection of best path based on logical addressing election of best path based on physical addressing 9.
Refer to the exhibit. All routers have a route in its routing table to each network that is shown in the exhibit. Default routes have not been issued on these routers. What can be concluded about how packets are forwarded in this network? (Choose two.) If RouterC receives a packet that is destined for 10.5.1.1, it will be forwarded out interface Fa0/0. * If RouterA receives a packet that is destined for 192.168.3.146, it will be forwarded out interface S0/0/1. * If RouterB receives a packet that is destined for 10.5.27.15, it will be forwarded out interface S0/0/1. If RouterB receives a packet that is destined for 172.20.255.1, it will be forwarded out interface S0/0/0. If RouterC receives a packet that is destined for 184.108.40.206, it will be forwarded out interface S0/0/1. 10.
The serial connection shown in the graphic needs to be configured. Which configuration commands must be made on the Sydney router to establish connectivity with the Melbourne site? (Choose three.) * Sydney(config-if)# ip address 220.127.116.11 255.255.255.0
* Sydney(config-if)# no shutdown Sydney(config-if)# ip address 18.104.22.168 255.255.255.224 * Sydney(config-if)# clock rate 56000 Sydney(config-if)# ip host Melbourne 22.214.171.124 11.
Refer to the exhibit. What can be concluded from the output of the running-configuration of a router? The passwords are encrypted. The current configuration was saved to NVRAM. The configuration that is shown will be the one used on the next reboot. * The commands that are displayed determine the current operation of the router. 12.
Refer to the exhibit. Host A pings host B. When R4 accepts the ping into the Ethernet interface, what two pieces of header information are included? (Choose two.) source IP address: 192.168.10.129 source IP address: BBBB.3333.5677 destination IP address: 192.168.10.33 * destination IP address: 192.168.10.134 * destination MAC address: 9999.DADC.1234 13. What is the outcome of entering these commands? R1(config)# line vty 0 4 R1(config-line)# password check123 R1(config-line)# login ensures that a password is entered before entering user EXEC mode * sets the password to be used for connecting to this router via Telnet requires check123 to be entered before the configuration can be saved creates a local user account for logging in to a router or switch 14. Which of the following is the correct flow of routines for a router startup? load bootstrap, load IOS, apply configuration load bootstrap, apply configuration, load IOS * load IOS, load bootstrap, apply configuration, check hardware check hardware, apply configuration, load bootstrap, load IOS 15. What three processes does a router execute when it receives a packet from one network that is destined for another network? (Choose three.) * decapsulates the Layer 3 packet by stripping off the Layer 2 frame header uses the destination MAC Address in the IP Header to look up the next-hop address in the routing table leaves the Layer 2 frame header intact when decapsulating the Layer 3 packet * uses the destination IP Address in the IP header to look up the next-hop address in the routing table
* encapsulates the Layer 3 packet into the new Layer 2 frame and forwards it out the exit interface encapsulates the Layer 3 packet into a special Layer 1 frame and forwards it to the exit interface 16. The network administrator needs to connect two routers directly via their FastEthernet ports. What cable should the network administrator use? straight-through rollover * cross-over serial 17. Which two statements describe characteristics of load balancing? (Choose two.) Load balancing occurs when a router sends the same packet to different destination networks. Load balancing occurs when a router sends the same packet to different destination networks. * Load balancing allows a router to forward packets over multiple paths to the same destination network. * Unequal cost load balancing is supported by EIGRP. If multiple paths with different metrics to a destinations exist, the router cannot support load balancing. 18. What information about the router and its startup process can be gathered from the output of the show version command? (Choose three.) * the last restart method the command buffer contents the amount of NVRAM and FLASH used * the configuration register settings * the location from where the IOS loaded 19.
Which interfaces in the exhibit could be used for a leased line WAN connection? (Choose two.) *1 2 3
*4 5 6 20. From what location can a router load the Cisco IOS during the boot process? (Choose two.) RAM * TFTP server NVRAM setup routine * Flash memory terminal 21. A network administrator has just entered new configurations into Router1. Which command should be executed to save configuration changes to NVRAM? Router1# copy running-config flash Router1(config)# copy running-config flash Router1# copy running-config startup-config Router1(config)# copy running-config startup-config * Router1# copy startup-config running-config Router1(config)# copy startup-config running-config 22. What is the default sequence for loading the configuration file? NVRAM, FLASH, ROM FLASH, TFTP,CONSOLE * NVRAM, TFTP, CONSOLE FLASH, TFTP, ROM 23. What header address information does a router change in the information it receives from an attached Ethernet interface before information is transmitted out another interface? only the Layer 2 source address only the Layer 2 destination address only the Layer 3 source address only the Layer 3 destination address * the Layer 2 source and destination address the Layer 3 source and destination address
CCNA Exploration 4.0: Routing Protocols and Concepts - Chpater 2 Exam Answers
1. Which of the following are displayed by the Router# show cdp neighbors command? (Choose three.) load *platform reliability *holdtime *local interface 2. Why is it advisable to enter a next-hop IP address when creating a static route whose exit interface is an Ethernet network? Adding the next-hop address eliminates the need for the router to do any lookups in the routing table before forwarding a packet. *In a multi-access network, the router cannot determine the next-hop MAC address for the Ethernet frame without a next-hop address. Using a next-hop address in a static route provides a route with a lower metric. In multi-access networks, using a next-hop address in a static route makes that route a candidate default route. 3. The output of the Router# show interfaces serial 0/1 command displays the following: Serial0/1 is up, line protocol is down. What is the most likely cause for the line protocol being down? Serial0/1 is shutdown. There is no cable connecting the routers. The remote router is using serial 0/0. *No clock rate has been set. 4. A static route that points to the next hop IP will have what administrative distance and metric in the routing table? administrative distance of 0 and metric of 0 *administrative distance of 0 and metric of 1 administrative distance of 1 and metric of 0 administrative distance of 1 and metric of 1 5. Refer to the exhibit. What two commands will change the next-hop address for the 10.0.0.0/8 network from 172.16.40.2 to 192.168.1.2? (Choose two.) A(config)# no network 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 172.16.40.2 A(config)# no ip address 10.0.0.1 255.0.0.0 172.16.40.2 *A(config)# no ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 172.16.40.2 A(config)# ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 s0/0/0 *A(config)# ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 192.168.1.2
6. Refer to the exhibit. A company network engineer is assigned to establish connectivity between the two Ethernet networks so that hosts on the 10.1.1.0/24 subnet can contact hosts on the 10.1.2.0/24 subnet. The engineer has been told to use only static routing for these company routers. Which set of commands will establish connectivity between the two Ethernet networks? R1(config)# ip route 10.1.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1R2(config)# ip route 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.2 R1(config)# ip route 10.1.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.2R2(config)# ip route 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 R1(config)# ip route 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.2R2(config)# ip route 10.1.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 *R1(config)# ip route 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1R2(config)# ip route 10.1.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.2 R1(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.2.1R2(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.1.1 7. Refer to the exhibit. Which static route should be configured on Router1 so that host A will be able to reach host B on the 172.16.0.0 network? ip route 192.168.0.0 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 ip route 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.1 ip route 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 S0/0/1 *ip route 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 S0/0/0 8. What address can be used to summarize networks 172.16.1.0/24, 172.16.2.0/24, 172.16.3.0/24, and 172.16.4.0/24? *172.16.0.0/21 172.16.1.0/22 172.16.0.0 255.255.255.248 172.16.0.0 255.255.252.0 9. Refer to the exhibit. What is the significance of the /8 in the route to the 10.0.0.0 network? It indicates that there are 8 hops between this router and the 10.0.0.0 network. It represents the time, in milliseconds, it takes for a ping to reply when sent to the 10.0.0.0 network. It indicates that there are 8 subnets in the destination network to which the router can forward packets. *It indicates the number of consecutive bits, from the left, in the destination IP address of a packet that must match 10.0.0.0 to use that route. 10. What two devices are responsible for converting the data from the WAN service provider into a form acceptable by the router? (Choose two).
the serial port of the router *a modem a switch the ethernet port of the router *a CSU/DSU device a DTE device 11. A network administrator enters the following command into Router1: ip route 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 S0/1/0. Router1 then receives a packet that is destined for 192.168.0.22/24. After finding the recently configured static route in the routing table, what does Router1 do next to process the packet? drops the packet because the destination host is not listed in the routing table looks up the MAC address of the S0/1/0 interface to determine the destination MAC address of the new frame performs a recursive lookup for the IP address of the S0/1/0 interface before forwarding the packet *encapsulates the packet into a frame for the WAN link and forwards the packet out the S0/1/0 interface 12. Which piece of information is available from examining the output of the command show ip interface brief? Interface speed and duplex Interface MTU Errors Interface MAC address *Interface IP address 13. Which of the following is true regarding CDP and the graphic shown? CDP running on Router D will gather information about routers A, B, C, and E. *By default, Router A will receive CDP advertisements from routers B and C. If routers D and E are running different routing protocols, they will not exchange CDP information. Router E can use CDP to identify the IOS running on Router B. 14. Which two statements describe functions or characteristics of CDP? (Choose two.) *It starts up automatically and allows the device to detect directly connected neighbor devices that use CDP. It operates at the network layer and allows two systems to learn about each other. It creates a topology map of the entire network. *It allows systems to learn about each other even if different network layer protocols are configured. It forwards advertisements about routes for faster convergence.
15. Hosts on two separate subnets cannot communicate. The network administrator suspects a missing route in one of the routing tables. Which three commands can be used to help troubleshoot Layer 3 connectivity issues? (Choose three.) *ping show arp *traceroute *show ip route show interface show cdp neighbor detail 16. What happens to a static route entry in a routing table when the outgoing interface is not available? *The route is removed from the table. The router polls neighbors for a replacement route. The route remains in the table because it was defined as static. The router redirects the static route to compensate for the loss of the next hop device. 17. The routers in the diagram use the subnet assignments shown. What is the most efficient route summary that can be configured on Router3 to advertise the internal networks to the cloud? 126.96.36.199/26 and 188.8.131.52/27 184.108.40.206/25 220.127.116.11/23 and 18.104.22.168/23 22.214.171.124/24 *126.96.36.199/25 188.8.131.52/24 and 184.108.40.206/24 18. Refer to the exhibit. How will packets destined to the 172.16.0.0 network be forwarded? *Router1 will perform recursive lookup and packet will exit S0/0. Router1 will perform recursive lookup and packet will exit S0/1. There is no matching interface associated with network 172.16.0.0 so packets will be dropped. There is no matching interface associated with network 172.16.0.0 so packets will take gateway of last resort and exit out S0/2. 19. A router has one static route to each destination network. Which two scenarios would require an administrator to alter the static routes that are configured on that router? (Choose two.) *The destination network no longer exists. The destination network is moved to a different interface on the same router.
The path between the source and destination is upgraded with a higher bandwidth link. *A topology change occurs where the existing next-hop address or exit interface is not accessible. The remote destination network interface has to be down for 15 minutes of maintenance. 20. Refer to the exhibit. Given the output in the exhibit, how would a clock rate be determined for this link? The rate would be negotiated by both routers. A rate would not be selected due to the DCE/DTE connection mismatch. The rate configured on the DTE determines the clock rate. *The rate configured on the DCE determines the clock rate. 21. Refer to the exhibit. Which set of commands will configure static routes that will allow the WinterPark and the Altamonte routers to deliver packets from each LAN and direct all other traffic to the Internet? *WinterPark(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.146.1Altamonte(config)# ip route 10.0.234.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.146.2Altamonte(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0/1 WinterPark(config)# ip route 220.127.116.11 255.255.255.0 192.168.146.1 WinterPark(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.146.1Altamonte(config)# ip route 10.0.234.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.146.2 WinterPark(config)# ip route 18.104.22.168 255.255.255.0 192.168.146.1Altamonte(config)# ip route 10.0.234.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.146.2Altamonte(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0/0 22. Refer to the exhibit. What two commands are required to provide connectivity between the 192.168.1.0 and 10.0.0.0 networks without requiring recursive lookup? (Choose two.) *A(config)# ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 s 0/1/0 A(config)# ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 172.16.40.2 A (config)# ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 s 0/0/0 *B(config)# ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 s 0/0/0 B (config)# ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.40.1 B(config)# ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 s 0/1/0
1 CCNA Exploration 4.0: Routing Protocols and Concepts - Chapter 5 Exam Answers
Refer to the exhibit. The network that is shown is running RIPv1. The 192.168.10.0/24 network was recently added and will only contain end users. What command or set of commands should be entered on Router1 to prevent RIPv1 updates from being sent to the end user devices on the new network while still allowing this new network to be advertised to other routers? Router1(config-router)# no router rip Router1(config-router)# network 192.168.10.0 * Router1(config-router)# no network 192.168.10.0 Router1(config-router)# passive-interface fastethernet 0/0 Router1(config-router)# passive-interface serial 0/0/0 2. The following line was displayed in the output of the show ip route command. R 192.168.3.0/24 [120/3] via 192.168.2.2, 00:00:30, Serial0/0 What is the value of the routing metric? *3 12 20 30 120 3. Which of the following is considered a limitation of RIP v1? * RIP v1 does not send subnet mask information in its updates. RIP v1 is not widely supported by networking hardware vendors. RIP v1 consumes excessive bandwidth by multicasting routing updates using a Class D address. RIP v1 requires enhanced router processors and extra RAM to function effectively. RIP v1 does not support load balancing across equal-cost paths. RIP v1 authentication is complicated and time-consuming to configure. 4
Refer to the exhibit. The Ethernet interface on Router2 goes down and the administrator notices that the route is still in the Router1 routing table. How much longer will Router1 keep the down network in its routing table before marking it as possibly down? 30 seconds 90 seconds * 155 seconds 180 seconds 255 seconds 5
Refer to the exhibit. Router1 is running RIPv1. What command was entered into Router1 to configure the gateway of last resort? no auto-summary ip default-network 0.0.0.0 ip default-gateway 0.0.0.0 * ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 S0/0/1 6. What are three characteristics of the RIPv1 routing protocol? (Choose three.) supports the use of VLSM * uses hop count as a metric * considers a metric of 16 as infinity has an administrative distance of 110 by default
includes the destination IP address and subnet mask in routing updates *calculates metrics using the Bellman Ford algorithm 7
Which of the following would be the correct command sequence to enable RIP on Router B for all connected networks? RouterB# router rip RouterB(router)# network 22.214.171.124 RouterB(router)# network 126.96.36.199 RouterB(router)# network 188.8.131.52 RouterB(config)# router rip RouterB(config-router)# network 184.108.40.206 RouterB(config-router)# network 220.127.116.11 RouterB(config-router)# network 18.104.22.168 RouterB(config)# configure router rip RouterB(config-router)# network 22.214.171.124 RouterB(config-router)# network 126.96.36.199 RouterB(config-router)# network 188.8.131.52 RouterB(config)# router rip RouterB(config-router)# network 184.108.40.206 RouterB(config-router)# network 220.127.116.11 RouterB(config-router)# network 18.104.22.168 * RouterB(config)# router rip RouterB(config-router)# network 22.214.171.124 RouterB(config-router)# network 126.96.36.199 RouterB(config-router)# network 188.8.131.52 8. What is the default update period in seconds for the RIP routing protocol?
10 12 15 20 * 30 60 9
Refer to the exhibit. What can be concluded from the routing table output of router B? A static default route has been configured on B. * The default-information originate command has been entered on A. All traffic that is destined for 192.168.1.1 will be sent to address 0.0.0.0. Hosts on the 10.16.1.0/27 network have 192.168.1.1 configured as the default gateway address. 10
Refer to the exhibit. A network consists of multiple routers. What can be verified when the show ip protocols command is issued on one of the routers in the network? whether all routes in the network have been properly added to the routing table * routing protocol configuration in use for IP on this router operational status of routing protocols in use on all routers in the network routing metric of each network that is listed in the routing table 11
Refer to the exhibit. All routers are configured with valid interface addresses in the indicated networks and are running RIPv1. The network is converged. Which routes are present in the routing tables? All routers have all routes in their routing table. All routers have all /30 routes, but do not have /24 routes in their routing table. * All routers have all /30 routes. Routers A and E also have some of the /24 routes in their routing table.
All routers have all /30 routes. Routers B and D also have some of the /24 routes in their routing table. Routers A and E have all routes. Routers B and D have only /30 routes in their routing table. Routers A and E have only /24 routes. Routers B and D have only /30 routes in their routing table. 12. Which two statements are true regarding the characteristics of RIPv1? (Choose two). It is a distance vector routing protocol. It advertises the address and subnet mask for routes in routing updates. The data portion of a RIP message is encapsulated into a TCP segment. * The data portion of a RIP message is encapsulated into a UDP segment. It broadcasts updates every 15 seconds. * It allows a maximum of 15 routers in the routing domain. 13. Which command or set of commands will stop the RIP routing process? RouterB(config)# router rip RouterB(config-router)# shutdown RouterB(config)# router rip RouterB(config-router)# network no 192.168.2.0 * RouterB(config)# no router rip RouterB(config)# router no rip 14
Refer to the exhibit. All routers in the exhibit are running RIP v1. The network administrator issues the show ip route command on router A. What routes would appear in the routing table output if the network is converged? (Choose two). * R 192.168.2.0/24 [120/1] C 192.168.2.0/24 [120/1] R 10.10.3.0/24 [120/0] C 10.10.3.0/24 [120/1] * R 10.10.1.0/24 [120/2] R 10.10.1.0/24 [120/3]
15. Which command will display RIP activity as it occurs on a router? * debug ip rip show ip route show ip interface show ip protocols debug ip rip config show ip rip database 16
Refer to the output from the show ip route command. What can be concluded from the output of this router command? A preferred route to the destination has not been set. There are two equal cost paths to network 184.108.40.206. * Both interfaces are being used equally to route traffic. A variance must be set to load-balance across multiple paths. 17.
Refer to the exhibit. Router1 and Router2 are running the RIPv1 protocol. The network administrator configures the command network 10.1.0.0 on Router1. What network will Router1 advertise to Router2? 10.1.0.0/16
10.1.0.0/8 10.0.0.0/16 * 10.0.0.0/8 18.
Refer to the exhibit. Pings between the serial interfaces of the routers are successful. Hosts on each LAN can ping the Fa0/0 interface of the router to which they are directly connected through the switch. However, pings between hosts on the 10.1.1.0/24 and 10.1.2.0/24 networks are unsuccessful. What is a likely cause of this problem? The Fa0/0 interface on R1 is configured as a passive interface. The Fa0/0 interfaces on each router is shutdown. * RIP is configured incorrectly on R1. Automatic summarization is preventing the routing updates from being forwarded. The network has not converged and R2 must wait 12 more seconds before receiving a full routing table update from R1. 19. What will happen if an interface IP address is entered for the address portion of the network command in a RIPv1 configuration instead of a network address? The router will reject the command. * A route to the host address will be added to outgoing RIP updates.
A route to the host address will be added to the routing table. All interfaces in the same classful network as the configured address will be included in the RIPv1 routing process. 20.
Refer to the exhibit. All routers that are shown are running the RIP routing protocol. All unknown IP traffic must be forwarded to the ISP. What router or set of routers are recommended to have both a default route and the default-information originate command issued to implement this forwarding policy? only Router1 * only the gateway router all routers in the network only the routers with LANs needing Internet access
CCNA Exploration 4.0: Routing Protocols and Concepts - Chapter 6 Exam Answers
1. What does VLSM allow a network administrator to do? utilize one subnet mask throughout an autonomous system *utilize multiple subnet masks in the same IP address space utilize IGRP as the routing protocol in an entire autonomous system utilize multiple routing protocols within an autonomous system 2
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator needs to create two subnetworks from 10.0.0.0/8 for a router running RIPv2. The Admin subnet requires 120 hosts and the Sales subnet requires 58 hosts. The network administrator assigned 10.0.1.128/25 to the Admin subnet. The Sales subnet is given 10.0.1.192/26. What will be the result of this addressing scheme? Because RIPv2 does not support VLSM, the subnet masks will not be allowed. The subnets will not have enough host addresses for the given network requirements. *The subnets overlap and will be rejected by the router. The router will support the addressing scheme. 3 A network administrator is tasked with dividing up a class C network among the QA, Sales, and Administration departments. The QA department is made up of 10 people, the Sales is made up of 28 people, and the Administration has 6. Which two subnets masks adequately address the QA and Sales departments? (Choose two.) 255.255.255.252 for QA *255.255.255.224 for Sales *255.255.255.240 for QA 255.255.255.248 for QA 255.255.255.0 for Sales 4 Which three interior routing protocols support VLSM? (Choose three.) *OSPF RIP v1 *RIP v2 *EIGRP BGP STP 5
Refer to the exhibit. What subnet mask will be applied if Router A sends a RIPv1 update for the network 172.16.1.0 to Router B? none 8 16 *24 6 What two advantages does CIDR provide to a network? (Choose two.) *reduced routing table size dynamic address assignment automatic route redistribution *reduced routing update traffic automatic summarization at classful boundaries 7
A Class C address has been assigned for use in the network shown in the graphic. Using VLSM, which bit mask should be used to provide for the number of host addresses required on Router A, while wasting the fewest addresses? /31 /30 /29 /28 */27
Refer to the exhibit. Which address is a broadcast address for one of the subnets that are shown in the exhibit? 192.168.4.3/29 *192.168.4.15/29 192.168.4.65/26 192.168.4.255/24 9
Refer to the exhibit. A network technician enters the static route in R1 needed to reach network 10.1.1.0/24. A ping from the S0/0/0 interface on R1 to host B fails. The technician begins testing the network and has the following results: 1. pings from R1 to the S0/0/0 interface on R2....successful 2. pings from R1 to the Fa0/0 interface on R2....successful 3. pings from host B to hosts on the 10.1.1.0/24 network....successful 4. pings from host B to the Fa0/0 interface on R2....successful 5. pings from R2 to host B....successful. What is the likely cause of the failure of the ping from R1 to host B?
*The default gateway on host B is not correctly set. There are no routes back to networks connected to R1 from R2. There is a Layer 2 problem between R2 and host B. Host B has a defective Ethernet card. 10
Refer to the exhibit. In the network that is shown, the router interfaces are assigned the first address in each subnet. Which IP address would be usable for a host on one of the LANs in this network? 192.168.1.5/30 192.168.2.17/28 192.168.2.63/27 *192.168.2.130/25 11
Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator wants to create a subnet for the point-topoint connection between the two routers. Which subnetwork mask would provide enough addresses for the point-to-point link with the least number of wasted addresses? 255.255.255.192 255.255.255.224 255.255.255.240 255.255.255.248 *255.255.255.252 12 Which of the following problems does VLSM help to alleviate? *the shortage of IP addresses the difficulty of assigning static IP addresses to hosts in large enterprises the complexity of implementing advanced routing protocols such as OSPF and EIGRP the shortage of network administrators qualified in the use of RIP v1 and IGRP 13
Refer to the exhibit. A network engineer is summarizing the two groups of routes on router R1 shown in the exhibit. Which summarization will work for all the subnets? 192.168.0.0/23 192.168.0.0/22 *192.168.0.0/21 192.168.0.0/20 14 Which of the following are contained in the routing updates of classless routing protocols? (Choose two.) *32-bit address next hop router interface *subnet mask unicast host address Layer 2 address 15
Refer to the exhibit. The number of required host addresses for each subnet in a network is listed in the exhibit. This number includes the host address requirements for all router ports and hosts on that subnet. After all device and router port address assignments are determined, what will be the total number of unused host addresses available? 6 14 *29 34 40 62 16
An additional subnet is required for a new Ethernet link between Router1 and Router2 as shown in the diagram. Which of the following subnet addresses can be configured in this network to provide a maximum of 14 useable addresses for this link while wasting the fewest addresses? 220.127.116.11/26 18.104.22.168/28 22.214.171.124/28 126.96.36.199/27 *188.8.131.52/28 184.108.40.206/28 17 A router has a summary route to network 192.168.32.0/20 installed in its routing table. What range of networks are summarized by this route? 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.32.0/24 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.47.0/24 *192.168.32.0 – 192.168.47.0/24 192.168.32.0 – 192.168.48.0/24 192.168.32.0 – 192.168.63.0/24 18
In the network shown in the graphic, three bits were borrowed from the host portion of a Class C address. How many valid host addresses will be unused on the three point-topoint links combined if VLSM is not used?
3 4 12 36 *84 180 19
Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator wants to minimize the number of entries in Router1’s routing table. What should the administrator implement on the network? VLSM *CIDR private IP addresses classful routing 20 What is a supernet? the network for a default route *a summarization of classful addresses a network that contains both private and public addresses a set of discontiguous networks that are controlled by an ISP
1. CCNA Exploration 4.0: Routing Protocols and Concepts - Chapter 7 Exam Answers
Refer to the exhibit. If all routers are running RIP version 2, why is there no route for the 192.168.1.32/27 network? Rip version 2 does not send subnet masks in its updates. Router A is not setup with RIP as a routing protocol. * Rip version 2 will auto summarize routes by default. Router B is not setup to advertise the 192.168.1.64/30 network. 2.
Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements are true? (Choose two.) * Router1 will install a route to 192.168.0.0/20 Router1 will install a route to 192.168.0.0/24 Router1 will install a route to 192.168.16.0/24 Router2 will install a route to 192.168.16.0/24 * Router2 will not install a route to 192.168.16.0/20 3.
Refer to the exhibit. Which command on which router will allow Router1 to learn about the 192.168.0.0/20 network?
Router1(config)# ip classless Router1(config-router)# no passive-interface serial 0/1/1 * Router2(config-router)# version 2 Router2(config-router)# neighbor 10.0.0.2 4. What are two reasons to implement RIP version 2 rather than RIP version 1? (Choose two.) * RIP version 2 supports VLSM. RIP version 2 supports more than 16 routers. RIP version 2 supports classful (and not classless) routing * RIP version 2 supports routing update authentication. RIP version 2 supports multi-areas. RIP version 2 uses the Dijkstra algorithm rather than the Bellman-Ford algorithm. 5. How are RIP v1 and RIP v2 similar to one another? (Choose three.) * They both use hop count as a metric. * They both have the same metric value for infinite distance. They both broadcast their updates to their neighbors. They both send subnet mask information in their updates. They both provide for authentication of update sources. * They both use split horizon to prevent routing loops. 6.
Refer to the exhibit. Routers East and West are configured using RIPv1. Both routers are sending updates about their directly connected routes. The East router can ping the West router serial interface and West can ping the serial interface of East. However, neither router has dynamically learned routes from the other. What is most likely the problem? A gateway of last resort is required. Subnetting is not supported by RIPv1.
* VLSM is not supported by RIPv1. One of the routers needs a clock rate on the serial interface. 7.
Refer to the exhibit. Which command will allow Router2 to learn about the 192.168.16.0/28 network? Router1(config)# ip classless * Router1(config-router)# network 192.168.16.0 Router1(config-router)# no passive-interface serial 0/1/1 Router2(config-router)# version 2 Router2(config-router)# neighbor 10.0.0.2 8.
Refer to the exhibit. All routers are running RIP version 2. JAX is configured to just advertise the 10.0.0.0/24 network. CHI is configured to advertise the 172.16.0.0/16 network. A network administrator enters the commands shown in the exhibit. What changes will occur in this network? The JAX router will ignore updates for the 172.16.0.0/16 network due to split horizon issues.
* The CHI router will install a route to the 192.168.0.0/16 network in its routing table. The routing table for CHI will have the 192.168.0.0/16 route but it will have an S next to the route. The ORL router will apply a 255.255.0.0 subnet mask to all networks in the routing updates it forwards. 9.
Refer to the exhibit. A technician needs to add a new loopback interface to test routing functionality and network design. The technician enters the following set of commands on the router: Sanford(config)# interface loopback1 Sanford(config-if)# ip address 192.168.6.62 255.255.255.252 Why does the router respond with an error? The router does not allow loopback interface configurations. *This mask can not be used with this class of addresses. Classless routing must be configured before this address can be added. The network address for Loopback1 overlaps with an already configured interface address. The router is over the limit for the maximum paths that can be provided in the routing table. 10. What is the maximum network diameter permitted by the default metric of RIPv2? *15 hops 16 hops 100 hops 120 hops 255 hops
11. What are two functions of the network command used when configuring routing protocols? (Choose two.) * identifies which networks will be included in the routing updates identifies the hosts addresses that can be summarized in the network used to list all addresses for remote and local networks determines which subnet mask to apply to routing updates * determines which interfaces can send and receive routing updates 12.
Refer to the exhibit. What can be concluded from the output shown in the exhibit? The routing table is limited to 2 routes. The LAN interfaces are participating in the routing process. One update has been sent out of each serial interface and 2 have been received. * The no auto-summary has not been configured on this router. 13. A network administrator has been told that the company IP address infrastructure must adhere to RFC 1918. What three IP address ranges from RFC 1918 could the administrator use on the network? (Choose three.) * 10.0.0.0/8 127.0.0.0/8 169.254.0.0/16
* 172.16.0.0/12 * 192.168.0.0/16 220.127.116.11/27 14.
Refer to the exhibit. All routers are running RIPv1. What changes will occur in the routing table of router B if a loopback interface with an address of 10.16.1.129/27 is configured on router B? Routes to the 10.16.1.0/27, 10.16.1.64/27, and 10.16.1.128/27 networks are added. * A connected route to the 10.16.1.128/27 network is added. A third route to the 10.0.0.0/8 network with RIPv1 as the source is added. The 10.0.0.0/8 route is dropped immediately from the routing table after router B is configured. 15. A network administrator installed four new routers that are running RIPv2. Router1 is a boundary router in the RIPv2 network and has a default route configured. Once the network has converged, the network administrator enters Router1(config-router)# defaultinformation originate on Router1. How will this affect the network? prevents Router1 from forwarding updates about networks that are not directly connected causes all routers in the network to synchronize routing updates with Router1 forces Router1 to become the primary or designated router (DR) for updates * propagates the default route to all routers in the network
Refer to the exhibit. The exhibited network contains a mixture of Cisco and non-Cisco routers. The command debug ip rip was entered on the JAX router. All routers are running the same version of RIP. Router CHI and Router ORL are not able to reach the 192.168.1.16/28 network. What is a possible solution to this problem? Enable split horizon in the network. * Configure RIPv2 on routers. Add network 192.168.1.0 to the RIP configuration on the JAX router. Configure JAX Fa0/0 as a passive interface. Enable the Serial0/0/0 interface on the JAX router. Change the IP address on the Fa0/0 interface of the JAX router to 192.168.1.1/24. 17. What field was added to the RIP message header by RFC 1723 to add support for VLSM and CIDR? subnet mask destination port number * address family identifier source and destination IP addresses 18.
Refer to the exhibit. What effect will the commands that are shown have on RIP updates for Router1? Only version 2 updates are sent to 255.255.255.255. * Only version 2 updates are sent to 18.104.22.168. Both version 1 and version 2 updates are sent to 22.214.171.124. Both version 1 and version 2 updates are sent to 255.255.255.255. 19.
Refer to the exhibit. RIPv1 is configured as the routing protocol for the network that is shown. The following commands are used on each router: router rip network 10.0.0.0 network 172.16.0.0 When this configuration is complete, users on the LAN of each router are unable to access the remote LANs. Why? The network statements are configured incorrectly. A routing loop has been created. * RIPv1 is unable to route to discontiguous subnets of a major network. RIPv1 is unable to route networks with a /24 subnet mask. 20. RIPv2 is the configured routing protocol on the routers in a network. The command Router(config-router)# no version 2 is entered on the routers. What effect does entering this command have on routing updates? Subnet masks will be added to the routing updates. * Routing updates will be sent out using multicast address 126.96.36.199. Version 1 and 2 updates will be received and the version 2 updates will not be sent. The RIP routing process will be removed from the router and routing updates will not be forwarded.
CCNA Exploration 4.0: Routing Protocols and Concepts - Chapter 8 Exam Answers
Refer to the exhibit. What can be determined from this output? The router will have to perform recursive lookups to forward a packet destined for 192.168.2.213/24. The parent route for these networks was removed from the routing table. A route to 192.168.0.0/25 would be classified as a supernet route for the routes listed in the routing table. * All of the routes listed are network routes. 2.
Refer to the exhibit. A packet destined for host 188.8.131.52/16 is processed by the JAX router. After finding the static route in the routing table that matches the destination network for this packet, what does the router do next? searches for a default route to forward the packet drops the packet since the static route does not have an exit interface * performs a recursive lookup to find the exit interface used to forward the packet sends a request to neighboring routers for the location of the 184.108.40.206 network 3.
Refer to the exhibit. What parent network will automatically be included in the routing table when the three subnets are configured on Router1? * 172.16.0.0/16 172.16.0.0/24 172.16.0.0/30 172.16.1.0/16 172.16.1.0/24 4. The following entry is displayed in the routing table: R 192.168.8.0/24 [120/2] via 192.168.4.1, 00:00:26, Serial0/0/1 What type of route is this? a level 1 parent route a level 1 supernet route * a level 1 ultimate network route a level 2 child route a level 2 ultimate child route 5.
Refer to the exhibit. Router1 is running IOS version 12.2. What will the network administrator need to do so that packets for unknown child routes of 172.16.0.0/24 will not be dropped?
Issue the ip default-network command use a classful routing protocol such as RIPv1 *enable either OSPF or ISIS as the routing protocol issue the ip classless command do nothing, ip classless is on by default 6.
Refer to the exhibit. Router B receives a packet with a destination address of 10.16.1.97. What will router B do? drop the packet forward the packet via the route to 10.16.1.0 forward the packet via the route to 10.16.1.64 * use the default route 7.
Refer to the exhibit. How many routes in this output qualify for use as ultimate routes? 3 4 5 *7 8
Refer to the exhibit. With the ip classless command issued, what will router R2 do with a packet destined for host 172.16.4.234? drop the packet * send packet out Serial 0/0/1 send packet to network 0.0.0.0 send packet out FastEthernet 0/0 9.
Refer to the exhibit. Which statement correctly describes this network? EIGRP is being used * There is at least one parent and one child route 192.168.2.0, 192.168.3.0, and 192.168.4.0 networks are child routes Traffic going to 172.16.3.0 will be directed to s 0/0/1 10.
Refer to the exhibit. Router1 has been issued the ip classless command. What happens to packets destined to host 172.16.3.10? they are dropped sent to default gateway * forward out interface Serial0/0/1 forward out interface FastEthernet 0/0 11.
Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has discovered that packets destined for servers on the 172.16.254.0 network are being ropped by Router2. What command should the administrator issue to ensure that these packets are sent out the gateway of last resort, Serial 0/0/1? ip classless *no ip classless ip default-network 0.0.0.0 ip default-gateway 172.16.254.1 ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial 0/0/1 12. A router has the following entries in its routing table:
S 192.168.0.0/24 [1/0] via 192.168.128.2 O 192.168.0.0/25 [110/2175] via 172.16.1.1, 00:02:15, FastEthernet0/1 D 192.168.0.0/25 [90/22455] via 172.16.2.2, 00:12:15, Serial0/0/0 R 192.168.0.0/26 [120/2] via 172.16.3.3, 00:00:15, Serial0/0/1 The router receives a packet that is destined for a host with the address 192.168.0.58. Which route would this router use to forward the packet? the static route the OSPF route the EIGRP route *the RIP route 13. What determines if the router implements a classless route lookup process? Child routes are present in the routing table. A classless routing protocol has been configured on the router. The command ip classless is enabled on the router. *Multiple routes with different masks to the same destination are in the routing table. Routing table entries have a next-hop IP address and an exit interface for each child route. 14. What occurs when no ip classless is implemented on the router? The router will only support classful IP addressing. The router will only support classful routing protocols. The router will use a default route, if present, when a matching route is not found in the routing table. * The router will assume it has knowledge of all subnets in the network and will not search beyond child routes for a better match. 15.
Refer to the exhibit. The graphic contains partial contents of the routing table on router E. Router E is running version 12.3 of the IOS and is configured for default routing
behavior. Router E receives a packet to forward. Which route in the routing table will be searched first and why? 172.16.1.0/25 because it is the first ultimate route 0.0.0.0/0 because it is the lowest network number * 172.16.0.0/25 because it is the first level 1 route 172.18.0.0/15 because it has the shortest mask 16. A network is converged and the routing tables are complete. When a packet needs to be forwarded, what is the first criterion used to determine the best path in the routing table? the route with the smallest AD *the route with the longest address and mask match to the destination the route with the highest bandwidth the route with the best combination of AD and lowest cost 17.
Refer to the exhibit. What subnet mask will Router1 apply to child routes of the 172.16.0.0/24 network? 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 255.255.255.255 18.
Refer to the exhibit. What protocol was used to distribute the routing information for the network 172.16.1.4? *RIPv1 RIPv2 EIGRP OSPF 19. A route to a destination network is learned from multiple routing protocols. What is used by a Cisco router to select the preferred route to the destination that will be installed in the routing table? metric route prefix update timer * administrative distance
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.